Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevy Aveo Hatchback

Comments

• backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    No new cars available in the U.S. today can get 50 mpg in normal use except the VW diesels and the hybrids, and even for them 50 is pushing it. Even the 1.5L engine in the ECHO doesn't get 50 mpg. There are very few cars that top comparable Korean cars for mpg. The Elantra is within a few mpg of the Civic and Corolla, and it has a larger engine with more power than either of those. The main problem with the Aveo, Accent, Rio, and Forenza is that they don't have the latest engine technology, e.g. VVT, that Japanese competitors like ECHO and Civic do. That's one of the reasons the Koreans cost less than the Japanese cars. But the Koreans are catching up. Hyundai and Kia have VVT engines in some of their small cars now, and eventually Daewoo will too.
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    Tiburon now has Continuously Variable Intake-Valve Timing.

An interesting note, though, about the Korean engines. Chevy calls the Aveo's 1.6L DOHC 16-valve cast-iron four banger with an aluminum head, 105 hp and 107-lb-ft.of torque motor "peppy". That may not be such a bad description if it's at all like my '99 Kia Sephia motor or my '01 Kia Sportage 4x4's motor. Both of those motors have been "peppy" and I got 25 city/32 hiway in the Sephia and I'm consistently getting 20 city and 25 hiway in the Sportsman. I don't consider that bad. My point is: drive your Aveo right and maintain it properly and you may get better mpg than you think or what's been stated heretofore. Not only that, you may find that the Korean Daewoo motor propels you along in a rather "peppy" manner, in an enjoyable kind of a way. Truly cool to have Aveo on the current automotive scene, huh?

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

• muffin_manmuffin_man Member Posts: 865
    The Aveo has comparable power and weight to its competitors. Its gas mileage might not be quite as good, but it should be just as 'peppy'.
  • chrisducatichrisducati Member Posts: 394
    I read somewhere that Daewoo's engines were sourced from GM's Holden division in Australia. If so one would think it would not be to large a task to update to a more modern engine from another division such as Opel or even Suzuki which has a great 2.3 with 155 hp. There was also some discussion about the reliability of Holden 4 cylinders in regard to timing belts and head strength. Have any of the people on this site owned Daewoo's before? If so what types of problems are repeatedly common with these cars
  • jkobty2jkobty2 Member Posts: 210
    Yes I have 2 Daewoos, the Leganza and the Nubira. Both with Holden engines. The engine with the most timing belt issues is the 2.0L found in the Nubira and now in the Suzuki Forenza and Chevy Optra. The problem is really with the tensioner that seems to get loose at about 55K miles. You just have to do a timing belt service around the 50K mile mark to be on the safe side. Daewoo has covered this service under warranty here in Canada.
    my 99 Leganza though with the 2.2L Ecotec has not required servicing yet. I had the timing belt system inspected recently and the mechanic said, it was like almost new. No damage or wear whatsoever. However they told me to come back before my 5 year warranty expires, and they will do the job under warranty anyways since Daewoo warranty is covering repairs without fuss. They said they can blame it on a water pump seal leaking.
    With the Lanos 1.6L DOHC which a couple of my friends have, the common problems are misfires due to fuel injectors getting clogged, need fuel injection cleaning service around 40K mile mark, and the thermostat housing is plastic, and when the thermostat fails usually around 60K miles, the housing disintegrates and you lose all the coolant. Ironically GM is still using this plastic thermostat housing in the AVEO.
    Other than that, these engines are quite reliable, and have not caused me any grief so far. My Leganza is now 5 year old with ZERO trouble. I challenge anybody to claim better reliability.
    Sales here in the St louis area seem to be strong for the hatch... The dealer just around the corner from my home has sold every one they get in. They had about ten and all are gone in about a month. Although I still have some quality questions I think over all the Hatch was a good Idea for Chevy. It has drawn people into the dealerships that would have never set foot onto chevy lots. Also it gives diehard chevy fans a great city car to use in metro areas. Just shop around. Some dealers are still trying to sell them for 14K...while others are selling them for 8900.
  • fastdriverfastdriver Member Posts: 2,273
    chrisducati-

Isn't it something how different areas of the country have different concerns/interests.You would think that with the price of gas that these cars would be good sellers. I still have NOT seen one sedan or hatchback here in So. CT except for the ones that are still sitting on the local dealer's lot.

Mine just came in- LS Sedan fully loaded. It took 4 months! Picking it up on Saturday. Can't wait to see what it's like.

fastdriver
  • frenchcarfrenchcar Member Posts: 247
    We saw an Aveo LS hatchback in white with alloy wheels, spoiler and dark limo tint while in Phoenix over the weekend. That is a popular combo here in Arizona because of the intense sun and it looked much sharper than we anticipated and it seemed to look larger that way. (not a good combination for snowbelt states)
    I have yet to see one in white. So far black is my favorite color. It seems red, silver and the two different shades of blue are the most popular here.
  • 2004aveo2004aveo Member Posts: 1
    The last big rig I owned was a 1994 Chevy one ton crew cab 4x4 (silverado). Cost 42,000 US new. Hated it right off but bought into the big rig myth. At 10k it dumped me at the Flying J truck stop in Winnemuca NV. Sold it and never looked back.
    Now about the Aveo. I own the LS with all the goodies. Love the car. I research now. First it is 5 star crash tested....better than Toyota's Echo. Second it has a 60k warranty. Third it's auto transaxle has a "hold" feature to let you shift like a manual trans. Forth, I don't drive fast so it gives me the stated milage plus two or three more per gallon. Fifth, this car was never made to be a race car. It was made to be a "all-around" entry level vehicle.....it does that well. Most dealers offer free oil changes so you shouldn't have to do a thing until 60k.....then comes the timing belt and the once over....cost should be around 200 US for this service. As to the engine, expect it to run well but noisier then a Honda. As to the price of a Civic with same options....expect to pay 16,000 US. I payed 13,000 US and mine has it all.....love the sunroof and the hatchback. One thing I don't get.....this car has no cruise control? And no way to get one as it never came with one. The wing is for looks only. The alloy wheels are small but nice....I asked the dealer and he says that 15" wheels are not impossible for this car....I'll stay factory anyway. At anyrate though...remember this car is entry level....don't expect it to be a BMW and it won't disappoint. And just a side note about my Chevy Tracker....It's still running strong at 100k miles and still tows a thousand pound loads on it's matching trailer....I love that rig. No leaks, no major breaks, great gas milage....and hey, it has factory cruise! What a great little two door. As to the 4x4....with the "rock-crawler" kit in the transfer case and a little jacking.....it beats my buddy's 2003 chev big boy.....and I can get around better off-road in between the trees! Big rigs really are a waste in every direction but two they are faster and they de-value in total dollars faster than a small rigs! I know...My Chevy one ton mentioned above.....it sold consignment for 28,000 after one year and 10k miles.....that loss would have paid for my Tracker!!!! Never again! And gas milage on the 94'.....would you believe 10mpg in town. Compair this to almost 30mpg with the Tracker. And the new one's aren't any better...I know I looked. For the same rig today it only gets 2mpg better! Sorry for the long post.....see ya, but if your driving a big rig, I wouldn't want to be ya!
  • fastdriverfastdriver Member Posts: 2,273
    2004aveo-

Geez. Can you tell us how you REALLY feel about your AVEO> ;-))))

I just bought a sedan LS with all the goodies too! I love it!

fastdriver
    and for good reason. I, too, have researched this vehicle for a long time and I knew it was going to provide consumers with good entry-level transportation at a great low purchase price. Daewoo never got a good chance in the U.S. Most American consumers are stuck on the large pickups and large SUV's, which not only get terrible gas mileage but also rate as terribly boring to look at as well. If they're thinking that generic large oversized look is cool they need to re-evaluate. Small cars are better and much more interesting to own and operate. Small is in-Hyundai, Kia has, and the former Daewoo had the right idea. Watch HyunKia's empire grow ladies and gentlemen. Top 5 in the world for automobile production is very attainable for them.

How come you haven't remarked about Kia's rapid market share improvements in Europe? (or, how come I haven't seen your post about it) I just read that it was Europe's fastest growing brand. Very interesting...
  • klingonklingon Member Posts: 8
    The daewoo name has been around for well over 40 years if not in auto manufacturing then in electronics, daewoo corp does more than sell cars.
    The e-tec engine has been around for sometime now and its even considered old tec, but it has been proven reliable and durable.
    I belive the aveo will avail itself as a dependable and affordable transportation in the US. Daewoo Auto demise in North America had NOTHING to do with the quality of its cars, this was more of corporate mismanagment.
    I have had my blue hatchback ls for over 2 months and i can already tell chevy has a winner on its hand with this car, AS LONG AS IT IMPROVES ON THE EXISTING PLATFORM, there is alot of room for improvement in this vehicle.
  • klingonklingon Member Posts: 8
    Anyone plan on doing any customizing of thier Aveo, I.E. exhaust, intake, rims, vynil graphics.
    I believe this car has the potential to catch on with the tunner crowd.
    The ScionXA has a large following and its not that much differnt in body style as the 5 door Aveo, engine displacement is virtually the same with the Aveo 1 tic larger 1.6 vs 1.5.
    Out here in Cali. most people customize thier cars to give them a little personality.
    I have seen so many great articles lately speaking about Kia's success that I can't keep up with them all! Much less all of the accolades! They're doing great and, yes, improvement in quality could still be made-although the amount of striding they need to do is negligible, IMO. I still doubt the accuracy quality of the JD Power surveys and still highly disregard Clodsumer Retorts as a reliable and interesting source for car notables. I gain a lot more by coming to this website. I'm looking forward to the new-world-order Kia Sportage for 2005 and their new pickup truck. No, they haven't announced the pickup's inception yet, but they will. Go Pistons tonight! I'm so pleased the Lakers failed!

I don't know if I would disregard CR, but I agree with you, they are definitely NOT an interesting source for car notables.
    Did you ever hear from Chevrolet about the questions you had? How is the Aveo doing? I am anxious to see an 05 in a few months with the black out trim on the door pillars.
  • robert4380robert4380 Member Posts: 8
    Hi everyone... The previous post mentions a change in the door paint for 2005. Does anyone know of any more significant changes, if any, for the 2005 Aveos? Is there something coming out in the next model year that I should wait for as opposed to buying a 2004? Any informaion is most appreciated. Thanks!
    do you have an Aveo yet, frenchcar, or are you still waiting for your ordered one to come in to the dealer?

I tried them out 3 times and thought of getting one as I fell in love with them. However I have found out I am probably going to need more surgery in the next few months and will hold off until late Fall or next Spring. I never did have one on order. Someone else perhaps??
    all of you wanting to make your Aveo more useable and personal will have to look else where than the chevy dealer. GM is not going to offer neat accessories for your car. Suzuki sells the same car in Canada as a Swift+ and here is a link to things you can buy. It is the same car as your aveo. Over at the GM Canada site you get a sum total of four items. Mud flaps, spoiler, cargo mat and what looks like a rubber made container as an office organizer for the front passenger seat. Suzuki offers a ton of things including wood, carbon fiber and aluminum overlay for the dash. Body kits, shift knobs, the list is to long to put on here. Some of the photos are of the Kalos which has slightly different headlights but all the things they show will fit the US head lighted Aveo as the Swift is identical.

http://www.suzuki.ca/en/auto/accessories.cfm?modelcode=swft
    Thanks for the link to the neat Suzuki Swift + (Canada) catalog of accessories that will also fit the Chevy Aveo. Perhaps if all Aveo owners print and show their dealers the long list that is available then maybe the dealers will put pressure on GM to duplicate the catalog.. Perhaps an oversight that can be corrected. Go for it.
    I know you love the smaller cars, so refresh my memory. Did you buy, or are you seriously looking at buying an Aveo? I think Daewoo(I..I mean Chevy)has come up with a fantastic little car for the worldwide automotive market that is also available here in the U.S.A. And yes, it's true, options for fun add-ons should be made available to everyone who wants an Aveo from Chevrolet. Shame on them for slumming large trucks and SUV's on a gullible and copy-cat society of American people. Yeeks.

Also, chrisducati....as for St.Louis. Have you been up in the arch? If so, is it worth the parking fee and traffic congestion to get to it, to be able to go up in the 'Westward Expansion' Arch? Sure looks cool from a distance and up close and I'm thinkin' about going to the top of it in July(I mean inside-top of it in that funky little elevator!!!).

• uskerthegrouchuskerthegrouch Member Posts: 1
    anyone know when some good accessories will come out for the aveo? i have the 5 door LS, by the way. i checked out the GM Canada website and it looks like there are a lot of accessories available for the Suzuki Swift+ (Canada's Aveo). i dont get why they cant market the same accessories under the chevrolet name in the states. minor as they are, the chrome gauge rings and the dash inlays look like pretty awesome accessories. anyone know why chevy doesnt like us? or when we can expect some strong aftermarket support for this car?
    Maybe daewootech.com can help you. Check out the Kalos section.
    How are your hatchbacks running? Im very curious.
    Well, CR had their report on the Aveo LS hatchback in their August issue. They were not too impressed. They rate it Fair overall, above only the ION, Neon, and Cavalier for automatics and at the bottom of the list for the stick-shift small cars they have tested. Ouch! It's rated too low for them to recommend it. It was the lowest-rated car of the six they reviewed: Mazda3i, Spectra, xB, xA, and Forenza being the others (in ranking order). They tested automatic and stick versions of each car. They did like the easy access to the front seats, turning circle, hatchback versatility, and the fact that ABS is readily available. They didn't like its acceleration ("adequate"), handling ("darty"), or fuel economy (fourth in the group with the automatic, tied for last with the stick). They mentioned that the interior is roomy for its class and its fit and finish is better than in other Chevies, and they liked the remote locking buttons right on the ignition key.
    I was seriously thinking of the Aveo. I love the look. I just have a few problems with it. First and foremost is the shift action of the 5 speed. They need to stiffen the bushings or something. It reminds me of the 1974 VW bug I owned. I can see it in a few years, the shift lever will be laying against the drivers seat no matter which gear it is in. In the bug you just rowed it around until you found the gear."a broom stick in a garbage disposal" is how it has been described. The other thing is the fuel mileage. I would like to see GM give the US a more modern engine with better mpg. I will make my final pick this fall after I drive the Suzuki Aerio with the new dash design. Here in St louis you can buy this years model for about $8999. I would give up some mpg to have the 155hp the Aerio has. I'm also very interested in the replacement for the Rio Cinco. My sister loves her KIA.

I find it interesting that CR and other magazines compare the Aveo with the Xa and Xb. You will never be able to buy a new Xa for $6999 like you can an Aveo. I understand the MSRP are just a few thousand different but Scion dealer will not have to nor can they see their cars at cut rate prices. Profit margins are totally different between a car made in Japan and one made in Korea. I really do not see the Scions in the same light as the Korean made cars. They are more up market from the others. Size does not make a car cheap. That is one thing Americans do not grasp well. Look at the Mini. It is wonderfully detailed and materials are first rate. Hence it costs in the upper teens, low twenties.

As for St louis and the Arch. You should go at least once. It is fun. weather would be a factor as to how far you can see from the top of the arch. The ride up is just about like riding in a clothes dryer. It is hot and cramped. The lifts are round and drum shaped that twist and turn as they make their way up the curved legs of the arch.
    CR doesn't consider price in how they rank cars within a category. That's why you'll see cars that cost between $18-22k rated along with cars like the Aveo and Accent. And guess what? Cars like the Mazda3i ($18k), Focus ($17k), Civic ($18.5k-21k), Prius ($20k), and Jetta ($22k) outrank the Aveo and Accent. What a surprise! CR is also frequently inconsistent with its evaluations. For example, it called the 26 mpg overall it got with cars like the Lancer and Protege (automatics) "pretty good." But they denigrate the Aveo because it got 28 mpg with an automatic. They also knock the Aveo because "only two adults can fit comfortably in the rear." I think the fact that two adults can fit comfortably in the rear of a 153-inch long car is commendable.

As for getting an Aveo for $6999, I'd like to see that around my town but most dealers are selling the base models (no a/c) for around $8500 after the $1000 rebate. Is the $6999 one of those "one only" specials or a generally available price?
    My wife drives an 02 Aerio SX and it has been a great car and we love the digital speedometer that they are going to get rid of in 05.. We have tried out an xA Scion automatic and it is ok but rides hard, weak A/C and the back seat is cramped and difficult to get into and the price goes up fast with options. I have driven 3 Aveo models. The automatic is much better and quieter than the stick model. The Aveo is quieter than most small cars even at high speeds and rides better. It handles just fine for normal driving but is no rally car but wasnt intended to be. Easy entry/exit, comfortable high seats and good space utilization. .....The Aerio by Suzuki is faster and sportier (Consumers Digest loves them) but does have some wind/road noise problems and a firmer ride than the Aveo. Consumers Reporrt slams against the Aveo were to be predicted since they have a built in prejudice against anything Daewoo related or Geo Metro type or Korea in general. I take what they say about cars with a grain of salt. Way back when they condemned the 1980 Chevrolet Citatation as the most recakked car in history , I owned one and we and our kids put 130,000 miles on it (the V-6) with almost no trouble other than cheap struts and steering rack that we improved on. Our recalled 2000 Ford Focus never gave us a problem (just a back ache). The Accent and Rio are cute and cheap but we feel they are noisey and sit too low for our old backs. The Elantra and Optima are much nicer and we will consider them. The xB Scion makes more sense than the xA and the Aerio SX or sedan have a lot to offer but for the price an Aveo LS is hard to beat and the fit and finish is very good as is the paint. Ital Design did a nice job on them. The Aveo engine is semi modern with direct ignition and would be more economical with variable valve timing. Cant have everything without a price.
  • brad3brad3 Member Posts: 8
    i really like the look of the aveo, and it seems to be a great little car for the money. i'am looking to buy in a few months, but i want to wait for the suzuki reno and the honda fit to come out. my question is , the aveo seems to get bad reviews by all the car magazines, but all the reviews i read on the internet by people that own the aveo love them. why is there such a difference in opinion? i hope people that own them will answer my question, and tell me why they love their aveo. thanks for the help, i'm really leaning toward an aveo, if i get the right price!!
    I wondered why I never read CR! Aside from the reliability ratings I could really care less what they think. I will drive each car and make up my own mind. As for the price of the Aveo, that is the going price of the base model here in the St louis area. The LS can be had for about for around 8. Dealers are always battling over lowest price. That is the advantage of living in a large metro area. (St louis metro area is about 3.5million in population). Lots of dealers competing against each other. I know people find it hard to believe that people can buy cars so cheap. It isn't just the Koreans that sell so low. We just picked up a new Chevy full size truck for work. Sticker was $18.859. We paid $11.000 . we did the deal over the net thru the chevy website. It was the easiest no hassle deal I have ever done. Email is the greatest.
    The best thing to do is drive the car yourself. Each person has different tastes. The Aveo gets low marks by the car magazines because it is soft and low tech. Most magazine writers have been spoiled driving all the newest BMW's and other high dollar cars. They expect each car to be a drivers machine. The Aveo is just what it's designers wanted. A quiet user friendly transportation pod. It is a car that you don't have to think much about when you drive it. The only thing I do really agree with is the shift action of the 5 speed could be better. I have worries of what it will be like when the car is five years old. If you buy automatics then it isn't an issue. I personally hate automatics. If you can wait until the Honda gets here I would wait and see what it is like. Just from a longevity stand point the honda will most likely last 300.000 miles. It is not un common for one to see Honda's with that many miles. In fact it has become expected of them.
    thanks for the "Westward Expansion Arch" comments. I still have yet to go up in it because we took off over the weekend to Chicago instead. We'll get to the Arch yet for a hot, cramped ride up. Driving through St.Louis tonight coming home from Chicago was a scary, lightning-filled, stormy experience. It sure seems like a lot of storms collide over St.Louis. I've never seen so much constant lightning action before-fortunately the hail didn't start falling along with a tornado or two!

Has anyone heard an update as to whether the new Nissan Micra minicar is going to come to the United States or not?

Haven't heard, but I really hope it does.
  • jlgoldenjlgolden Member Posts: 32
    brad3 asks why Aveo owners are happy, yet the car gets weak reviews by auto journalists. Is it possible that many Aveo owners traded-up to the Aveo after driving an older, worn-out car...whereby a new Aveo represents an improvement? In the view of an auto journalist, who drives a variety of new cars each week, an Aveo's shortcomings may be more obvious. I like the cute Aveo! I would be inclined to own one if I were still in college, or if I were in need of a small car for running around the crowded Houston streets and tight parking lots.
  • jdub96jdub96 Member Posts: 12
    We bought our 5 door Aveo at the end of February.
    It's the black, Automatic with all the options.
    Would like to know what the extra lens in the headlight housing if for though. Lots of room, I am 6'3" and have plenty of leg room even in the back seat. Much more comfortable the the '99 Mustang we traded in for the Aveo.

Other then the clock being replaced its been a good comuter car for us, we have but over 11,000 miles on it.
  • 5port5port Member Posts: 395
    "Would like to know what the extra lens in the headlight housing if for though."

---------------------------------------------

City light. Used in Canada and Europe only.
    Wonder what I would have to do to get it hooked up here in the US. Is that the equivilent to the US daytime running light then?

Thanks 5sport
    NP. The idea is that you dont need your low beams in the bright city area. You turn your city lights on which are W5W bulbs. W5W are small flashlight looking bulbs looking exactly like W194 (12V). A good example of city lights were the (I dont know how old your are) old 1960's VW Beetles. Do you remember seeing people driving those things at dusk with just a faint glow in the headlight? That was a city light.

What would you do to hook them up? I would find a socket that fits the W5W or W194 in the states and see if you can make it fit that white lens area. Give a look, there may already be a socket. I would wire them to my parking lights thru a switch. BTW W194 is also used in side markers on cars in the USA. I replaced my side markers with Philips Blue Vision W5W from Powerbulbs.com.
    Ah, yes. I love old VWs. I'm not that old but love them anyways.

So, since I already have the Daytime Running Lights, wouldn't they do the same thing?

I just think its stupid to have a lens with no light coming out of it.

Thanks again.

Oh and did you replace the side lens with a clear then? If so where did you find them?
    So, since I already have the Daytime Running Lights, wouldn't they do the same thing?

-----------------------------------------

Since you have DRLs yes they would do the same thing. However nothing says it has to be a city light bulb in there. What about a blue/white LED in each lens? That would light the lens just enough at dusk.

--------------------------------------------

Oh and did you replace the side lens with a clear then? If so where did you find them?

------------------------------------------

I'm using the stock amber lenses. The Philips W5W bulb is brighter than the stock bulb due to the xenon gas fill. Thus brighter sidelights.

BTW: I like the Aveo very much and woulndt mind a black hatchback :-)
  • SylviaSylvia Member Posts: 1,636
    Nice!
    mht in la:

The hatch looks really good in black. I've seen those pictures and thats what sold me on black. So how is the car? Like the gas mileage? Is the ride smooth enough? AC work well? Just curious.
    Our Aveo Hatchback is an Automatic, and we have been getting in the 30mpg range lately with the A/C on during our 30+ mile commute in traffic to and from Seattle. Not too bad I think. It went into the shop for a clock malfunction and that's the only problem we have had so far. It corners fairly well, my wife always says to quit driving like a race car driver. Only thing I would consider is that there is no Cruise Control and doesn't do to well up steep hills.
  • denwarddenward Member Posts: 1
    Went looking for an economical replacement for my wife's Grand Voyager. She said she didn't need all the room anymore (last kid left the nest last year), and the mileage was not exactly great. Tested out the Aveo hatchback with most of the bells and whistles and we both liked it. It promised to be a practical around-town vehicle. Bought it yesterday afternoon and this morning went to my insurance agent to get it covered. HORRIBLE SHOCK!! Insurance companies figure this vehicle to be a "kids" car. Rate increases over the Grand Voyager was almost $600 a year, spread out over all categories, but mostly in collision. The fact that neither myself nor my wife are "kids" didn't matter. I explained that even if this thing was totaled, it would be less expensive than our older Grand Voyager, and damage to any other vehicle would certainly be less due to its size/weight. This also cut no ice. I would advise anyone considering purchase of one of these to check with your insurance agent first.
    When the Aveo first came out and I drove a couple of them, fell in love with it and then checked with our insurance company I found out::....they quoted us $12 per year cheaper on an Aveo versus my wifes 2002 Suzuki Aerio wagon/hatchback. I thought it would be cheaper than that but they had not seen the crash test report yet that showed 5 star front impact ratings.. Tucson has costly insurance because of so many illegal entrants with no drivers licenses or insurance and the highest auto theft rates in the country and the highest personal theft rates for property claims. Maybe $12 per year cheaper is great. I cant believe the $600 per year more of post # 103. What experiences do others have to report???
  • mht_in_lamht_in_la Member Posts: 23
    I have had my Aveo for 6 months now. Here's my experience

1. Mileage -- I got 25 mpg when it's brand new. Lately it improved to 27 (my commute is all city traffic, no freeway). On cross-country trips I got 33 to 35.
    2. AC -- I think it's only so so. If my Aveo is parked under the hot California sun for a few hours before I drive it, the backseat passengers will have a problem feeling the air.
    3. Insurance -- The insurance on my Aveo is slightly cheaper than my old Camry. I guess it depends on your policy (I'm with 21st Century).