Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volkswagen Touareg Prices Paid

Comments

• zebra_basezebra_base Member Posts: 6
    I think you can do a lot better than that. try a couple of thousand below invoice. good luck
  • henry3henry3 Member Posts: 22
    Where in NJ or nearby can I get such a deal ? Few thousands less than invoice ? Is VW giving the dealers such a huge incentive ? I'd love to hear more.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,823
    Please don't post your e-mail address in your post... This is the best way to fill your in-box with spam..

Also, please don't offer to share individual dealer contact information.. Please refer to the message printed in red, below..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• dr_of_rxdr_of_rx Member Posts: 13
    sorry...my bad

anyway, anyone care to "...include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.." that offers a few thousand off invoice...

TIA
    My buying experience:
    A day before I finalized my "good deal" for a 2005 v6 touareg I was looking for this personable I've dealt with before, but he was not there. So, the manager matched me with this "unintersted" salesman who would not let me test drive the car i wanted.(i learned from "my salesman" later that my car was in a lot 4 miles away). So, I left the dealership with the impression that my car was already sold.
    Hours later, i got a call from my salesman and he told me that my car was still available. I went back to the dealership and we drove 4-5 miles to the backlot where he showed me all the other cars available and the car i wanted. I placed a deposit on my car and finalized the deal the following day.

The NJ dealership is great but what is more important is really the Salesman you deal with.
  • henry3henry3 Member Posts: 22
    Why wouldn't you be able to post a positive feedback about a deal you get from a particular dealer ? I understand you might not want to create a bashing forum for dealers who might not have come out great for the forum readers, but what's wrong with the opposite to that ? I mean, isn't that the reason for this forum ?
    You can post any information about which dealership you used... just not individual salespeople....or contact information, such as email addresses or websites..

Trust me... you don't get to see those posts.. It turns into one big shill-o-rama...

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Henry
    try doing a google search : touareg forum and perhaps you can get some answers there. Like i said you can go into a good dealership but you may end up with a not se helpful salesperson. it happened to me twice in the same dealership. 1st time was when i was looking for a jetta tdi and the 1st salesperson told me that the advertised "car" was no longer available. of course it was a big lie.good luck. i tried posting the info but the admin deleted them. perhaps they had bad experiences before. good luck; maybe i'll see your post somewhere.
  • pandboypandboy Member Posts: 28
    I found a 2005 V8 Treg with MRSP of $54265, now selling for $42380 and VW charges financing of 2.9 % on 48 months.image :confuse:.
  • rjlaerorjlaero Member Posts: 659
    The T REG market just continues to go down and prices are at an all time low. It's a buyers market out there and sweet deals are to be had. 12 G's off a brand new 05 is a pretty awesome deal.
  • azgrlazgrl Member Posts: 2
    I've got to decide between a used VW Tourege with 25,000 miles or a new Audi A3. Their comprable in price but the VW comes loaded (and has the extra miles). The A3 is rated highly but is afterall a compact "sports" wagon. I don't know which is better...any advice.
    A3..

New car warranty.. 4yr/50K miles
    Free scheduled maintenance..
    Roughly twice the MPG of the Touareg..
    Will run circles around the Touareg..

It wouldn't be a tough choice for me... Over the next four years, the new A3 will be much cheaper, and much more fun to drive... the only thing you are giving up is AWD, and a little rear shoulder and hip room...

Just my $0.02..
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• azgrlazgrl Member Posts: 2
    I went with the A3...It's a fun little car to zip around in. Very impressed with the service I received at Audi in Scottsdale!
  • vtgobbler99vtgobbler99 Member Posts: 3
    Just finalized the deal yesterday. 2006 V6 Package 4 w/ cargo mat kit and splash guards. Total price including destination: $39,200. Fairfax Volvo/VW. Let me know if you have any questions.
  • suznsaxsuznsax Member Posts: 13
    Anyone hear about lease incentives for '06 Touareg V8?
  • morey000morey000 Member Posts: 384
    The A3 has 13.1 cubic feet of luggage space with the rear seat in place. Fold the second row flat and you get 36 cubic feet- about as much as is behind the rear seat of the Touareg. Folding down the rear seat in the T-reg gets you twice the volume as the A3.

The Touareg has twice the ground clearance as well.

So- if it's a drive around town vehicle, the A3, being over 1000lbs lighter will be more practical and more fun. But- if you want to put anything in it, or go off road, you only have one choice.

Totally different vehicles... with about the same engine.

They both take premium gas- but the T-reg uses a lot more of it. Oil futures are at $67/barrel today.

Interesting choice. With that much variation in vehicles- there are a lot of choices in between as well. :shades:
  • lawboylawboy Member Posts: 9
    Just got a 06' V8, basic package no options with roof rack for $41,279; basically $5k of msrp less $500 because I wanted a blue one in that package and they did not have one on the lot; got it at Fladeboe VW in Irvine, CA; guys were very nice, minimal haggling; I used a ad from a competitor and they matched it no problem
  • mohollandmoholland Member Posts: 6
    WOW! That seems like a pretty good deal to me! I just priced out $41,500 for package #4 and I thought that was a great deal. That is below invoice according to edmunds... do dealers ever go below invoice? How can they do that? Thanks.
  • lawboylawboy Member Posts: 9
    I have never gone by the invoice stuff; never know who to trust or not and never ever know what kind of deals the dealers are getting to push the vehicles etc..; I use Edmunds initially to get an idea of what a fair price/what others are paying in my area for the vehicle with the options I want and then use ads in newspapers; go to the local dealer and see if they will match the advertised price and they have for my last 2 vehicles; of course, you have to consider some facts, popularity of the car (Tregs in SoCal are not as popular as say the X5, also like in the Treg's case, they 07's coming with different engines/slight mods etc.. and they need to get rid of 06's and they want to start getting rid of their inventory; absolute best time to do this is usally fall, Sept/Oct. since then the deals get better and better; only drawbacks are is if the car, like many of the new ones now, comes with a variety of options, you might have to be flexible with the package choices, color etc...; I could not wait that long due to my old car crapping out and I did want Blue so I paid an extra $500 but there are deals to be had on the 06 Tregs I believe
  • rolfsrolfs Member Posts: 4
    Was offered the following today on Touareg v6 with package 3 at a dealer in the San Diego area:

4 years/15000 miles
    41% residual
    0.00102 mf
    $610 per month
    $2000 DOD

Seems like a good deal considering I am upside down on my trade by a few grand.

Anyone found a better deal in southern california recently?

Thanks!
    Well i worked a few dealers and finally got a great lease on a Touareg V6 Pakage #3, and here are the high level details.

4 years/15000 miles
    $589 per month
    $1500 DOD

I was still upside down on my trade by about 2k.

Overall the experience was good, i visited 3 dealers in the SD area (City, Bob Baker in Carlsbad, Mirimar).

Made my deal at Mirimar, but felt comfortable with my dealings at all three dealerships.

Thanks!
  • montanaaggiemontanaaggie Member Posts: 2
    Vehicle: 2005 V6
    Mileage: 14000
    Internet Price $27500

Questions:
    1. What is the true observed gas mileage with these vehicles?
    2. How much lower do you think I can lower the price?
    3. I am wanting a 4x4 and considering 4Runner, Grand Cherokee, and Pathfinder. I want the vehicle to last 8 years or so with no major work needed. Am I expecting too much with the Touareg then?
    1. I just took a round trip from San Diego to Las Vegas and realized about 20 MPG overall.
    2. Depending on the trim level it's up in the air. Is this a dealer price?
    3. The only way to get through 8 years of no major issues with any car is not to drive it IMO.
  • panzerpanzer Member Posts: 125
    1. 17.8 mpg on premium over 44,000 miles
    2. that seems like a good price
    3. Dream on dude or dudette. This is by far the most expensive car to keep running I have ever had, and I've had quite a few. And mine's still under warrantee.
  • kwoods74kwoods74 Member Posts: 1
    what color is this, interior and exterior? Still for sale>
  • arkarchlvarkarchlv Member Posts: 2
    Starting from the Lease Special,
    negotiated on a Base V6 + Roof Rack...

$3100 Down (including $2000 trade-in)
    total drive-off $4500 (includes first, acq, dep)
    $413 + tax 36 mo 15k miles/year
    mf 0.00074

Gross Cap $35,200 - the V6 had a few hundred miles on it - likely a demo or just lots of test drive - I coulda maybe pressed more but its a lease.

Bottom line - you can probably negotiate a killer deal on the 3.2 V6's before the 3.6's begin to arrive.
  • newcar_vwnewcar_vw Member Posts: 3
    Have any new/recent VW drivers purchased the Courtesy Care Protection Plan for their new cars?

The pitch (esp for SUVs) is that it more than pays for expected brake pad work down the road?

pricey: 3/36 is $843; 4/60 is $996.

Thoughts?
  • djsamydjsamy Member Posts: 1
    Just got new 07 V6 35 miles on it (not a demo) Dec 28th 2006
    $34500
    Lease at VW Fairfax
    My trade paid off!
    Down $2759(includes first, acq, dep)
    $519/M for 48 months with 19K/Y
  • pct1981pct1981 Member Posts: 1
    There are still 2006 V6 base models available. I know about the 2007 upgrades. Any ideas on pricing on a new 2006 base? Dealer is saying his cost. Not sure yet what that is.
  • jholleyjholley Member Posts: 3
    I own a 2006 V8 Touarge. I have been satisfied with it with the exception of the tire wear. I wanted the diesel but did not want to pay the difference. The dealer has a great deal on left over 2006 diesels. Any difference in the 2006 and 2007 diesels? Also mine has 19" wheels and new tires . The diesel the dealership has available has 18" wheels. Can I swap the wheels and tires and the dealership make the necessary computer changes to make sure my speedometer and odometer are correct? Jim
    If you are worried about tire wear, why would you want 19" wheels? The tires on the 18's are all season and should last slightly longer than the summer tires on the 19's and they don't cost as much. I doubt if there's a computer change required. The tires should be about the same diameter. The diesel is fine, but you could have three V8's for the price of two diesels. I don't get it. The V8 drives and tows just fine. If you think the V8 eats tires, wait till you stomp on that diesel (power & weight). You can buy a lot of tires for the price difference.
  • diva113diva113 Member Posts: 3
    I think that considering the cost of a Touareg, they certainly couldve had it towed for you....rather than driving it. Dealers do this alot...they also couldve located one closer to your area!
    Here is my Touareg predicament. I bought an '04 T-reg in Dec. I have made 2 payments on the car and I am now faced with a $1200 repair that vw is refusing to take responsibility for although it is clearly a manuf. oversight. The transmission line rubbed against the frame until a hole wore into the line. Now the whole front end must be removed to replace it, hence the $1200 repair bill. I bought it at 57k mi...asking the dealer if it had been looked at-they said YES their VW dealership looked at the car and it was fine. Obviously they LIED!! I just passed 60k mi which was the fact warranty but I feel that the prob had to have started before 60k mi. SO to all of you potential T-reg owners out there...BE WARNED!!! They told me that this hasnt been a commonly reported problem which is baffling to me if all of the T's were built the same way! The car was never wrecked so I dont understand how the buyer can be made responsible for the close proximity of this line to the car's frame. I love the T,just very disappointed in the way VW has responded to a manuf issue.
  • diva113diva113 Member Posts: 3
    Here is my Touareg predicament. I bought an '04 T-reg in Dec. I have made 2 payments on the car and I am now faced with a $1200 repair that vw is refusing to take responsibility for although it is clearly a manuf. oversight. The transmission line rubbed against the frame until a hole wore into the line. Now the whole front end must be removed to replace it, hence the $1200 repair bill. I bought it at 57k mi...asking the dealer if it had been looked at-they said YES their VW dealership looked at the car and it was fine. Obviously they LIED!! I just passed 60k mi which was the fact warranty but I feel that the prob had to have started before 60k mi. SO to all of you potential T-reg owners out there...BE WARNED!!! They told me that this hasnt been a commonly reported problem which is baffling to me if all of the T's were built the same way! The car was never wrecked so I dont understand how the buyer can be made responsible for the close proximity of this line to the car's frame. I love the T,just very disappointed in the way VW has responded to a manuf issue.
  • dgoldendgolden Member Posts: 1
    I was awaken at 4am by the popping & eery whistling noises of my 2004 VW Touareg on fire. Still not sure if it was arson or some sort of electrical malfunction that may be typical of this car. I've had numerous electrical malfunctions to the dashboard computer alerting me that my emergency brake was on when it wasn't, or that the tire pressure had changed when it had not, or that the brake pads need to be replaced when in fact they didn't. I want to find out if anyone else has had an experience of their Touareg mysteriously catching on fire?
  • dylcondylcon Member Posts: 8
    Our lease on a 2004 V6 Touareg runs out June 4. Our buyout price on the car is $21,591.08 with taxes, tag and title.

The car is in perfect (excellent) condition inside and out, has 26,450 miles on it, standard AM/FM singel CD player, fold-in mirrors, Xenon headlights, moon roof, new tires... no other major options.

I was thinking about purchasing it and trying to resell it, as Private Party value is between $26,100-$27,100.

Is it worth it, or should I just give it back to VW?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Post details in our Real-World Trade-In Values discussion to make sure Touaregs are really selling for that in your area. If so, it might be worth the hassle, but you sure don't want to get burned.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

I sold my 2004 V6 last November for $24k. It had 45k miles, xenons, PP2, air suspension, and upgraded stereo. It was in perfect shape, non-smoker, one driver, new brakes, new tires, ski racks, all recalls and issues sorted out. It was on the market for 5 months, starting at a $28k asking price. I had a really hard time getting people to even look at it. The first and only people to look at it bought it. I told them to be sure and take a look at what the local dealers had in stock and they found mostly base lease turn-backs with worn interiors, smoker's cars, etc. I had it listed on Cartrader and the local papers. Most of the people that called had various scams to list the car on some site for about $150. Pure BS. Very hard to hook up with real buyers. My advise is that if you like the car and want to keep it, buy it off lease. Otherwise, just say goodbye. You stand no chance to make any money on the car. The dealer will have to certify the car, which you cannot do, for about $1600. That leaves him about $1500 or maybe a little more to turn the car. It would be lucky for the dealer to retail that car at $25k. You won't be able to get $23k. The market for used base 2004 Touaregs is not very strong.
  • jblaze13jblaze13 Member Posts: 152
    What did you pay?
  • veggietcveggietc Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased my 04 v6 off lease for 19000. It was much easier for me to do this than go through the hassle of dealing with a new car purchase. I have 26000 mi on it and it has been maintained by the book. My thought was to sell/trade in in a few months, since it seemed that the purchase price was less than the value. does anyone have a comment? also it seems that the driveshaft bushing failed tonight. This should be covered, right?
  • borderman01borderman01 Member Posts: 10
    just was wondering what would currently be the spread of new V8 2007 touareg 2 ? Let's assume $47,000 MSRP. Thanks
  • wilbee50wilbee50 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking for the lease rate on a 2008 Touareg 2 V6 base with an MSRP of $40,000. I live in Arizona. What should the money factor and residual be for 36 months with 15k per year and how much over invoice should I be paying?
  • pmtrepmtre Member Posts: 55
    Got this quote today/ 15 k per year

Volkswagen credit is now offering base model up to msrp $40,000.00

$499/Month. 39-Month Lease
    2008 Touareg 2 V6
    $0.00 Due at Signing/
    (including destination charges)

Anybody hearing any better deals?
  • bill878bill878 Member Posts: 5
    i got lease deal today -- v6 basic
    Price:$36,798(doesnot include tax and title fee, $500 below invoice)
    Lease: $463/month, 39 months, 12k/year
    Res. Value: $21,200
    3.4% and money factor: 0.000144

Is a deal?
    forgot to tell -- $0 due to sign.
    $463/month, 39ms, 12k/y
  • jabberjabber Member Posts: 64
    Is that money factor .000144 or .00144?
    i think is 0.00144
  • britguybritguy Member Posts: 3
    Just received this quote from a local dealer - it's a first offer so i don't know yet how much they're willing to negotiate (i'd like to know if others have seen anything so agressive yet on the 08s):

MSRP is $49650 - dealer's selling price is $45311 (500 under invoice).

39 months, 12K/yr - 53% residual and money factor of .00098.
    Total money due at inception = $748 out of pocket and monthly payment is
    $572 + tax (dealer said this was for A-Tier credit thru VW Credit Inc).

When i did the math on the monthly payment using the selling price provided, the residual comes out at 55.7 which may be appropriate given 12K and options i chose though i'm suspicious given 39 months). I've asked for hard copy documentation which i have told i will receive. What sort of a 'real deal' is this...Other dealers have not come close yet.
    I get $557/mo., using 53% as the residual... Maybe an acquisition fee figured in to get up to $572?

I don't know if their numbers are correct, as far as the lease program, but that's a pretty good payment on a $49K MSRP vehicle, with only $748 upfront... :)

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• delta737hdelta737h Member Posts: 626
    Just wrapped up the following sign and drive lease deal in NY for a friend...

VW Touareg 3.6L 6cyl 6A

MSRP and SELLING PRICE

MSRP 39,990.00
    Agreed Upon Value (Sell Price) 36,302.62

CAPITALIZED ITEMS

Acquisition Fee 575.00
    Total Payment Sales Tax Liability 1,409.11
    Sales Tax on Cap Cost Reduction 8.375% x 2,000.00 = 167.50
    P = 1st Payment 486.61

CAPITALIZED COSTS

Gross Capitalized Cost 38,940.84
    Capitalized Cost Reduction (VW Loyalty Cash) 2,000.00
    Adjusted Capitalized Cost 36,940.84

LEASE DATA

Residual Factor 52%
    Residual Value: Residual Factor x MSRP 20,794.80
    Money Factor 0.00066
    Term 36
    Monthly Lease Payment 486.61
    Sales Tax Rate 8.375%

AMOUNTS DUE AT LEASE SIGNING

Initial Fees 204.56
    TOTAL DUE 204.56

I FAXED the above proposal. At first, they were at $498; then dropped to $490. Finally, they agreed to $486.

Incidentally, the $36,302.62 is the sell price implicit in VW's nationwide Tourareg lease Ad...

39,990.00 = 36,302.62 (sell price) + 499.00 (1st. payment) + 2,188.38 (dealer) +
    1,000.00 (VW)

This includes dealer contribution of 2,188.38 and $1,000 from VW. The dealer is...

Bayside Volkswagen
    Bayside, NY 11361
  • max_andersonmax_anderson Member Posts: 37
    got this quote from Jennings VW in Glenview, IL:

MSRP of a V6 Touareg 2 w/Lux and Tech packages = $46,240

Terms - 48 months 12K per year, $318 down (license, title, & doc fees)

Selling price - $41,668.74
    taxes - $3,362.50
    bank acquisition fee - $575
    Total capitalized cost = $45,606.24

Residual - $20,350 (44%)
    Money factor - .00118

Monthy Payment - $604.00 (includes taxes rolled in)

What do you think? The sales price seems good but how do the rest of the numbers look to you? Bear in mind we have to pay full sales tax on the purchase price in Illinois.

Thanks in advance...