Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volkswagen Touareg Prices Paid

12346»

Comments

• aobregon78aobregon78 Member Posts: 2
    I have never leased in my life, I just sold my old car and I'm very interested in a new Touareg 2 V6. I have been negotiating for over a month and I'm about to close the deal with an Arizona dealership. I think that I could be getting a very good deal here, but I would appreciate some advice, comments or any suggestions. Here is what I could be getting:

- Touareg VR6, Galapagos Color, Interior Beige
    - 19's Terra wheels on vehicle will be added as per my request
    - As per Dealership: MSRP $39,990.00 / Invoice: $37,280.00
    - 48 Month Lease
    - 20 K per year
    - $369 Dealer Doc Fee (Down payment)
    - Monthly Payment $490 plus TAX

So is it a good deal for a 48 month lease with 20K?

Please advise Thanks!
  • jdsnycjdsnyc Member Posts: 1
    hello all,

here is the deal i was offered (if it is a deal) from Bayside VW in Queens, NYC.. seems like a lot of $$, but it is a lot of car, and all comparables i'm finding here are for the V6. any feedback on whether i'm getting ripped off are greatly appreciated:

2008, toureg 2
    V8 galopagos, anthracite interior
    technologie package
    12k / yr, (.25c for each mile over)

price: $49,900
    lease: $750/mo for 36 months
    sign then drive so VW pays first payment

"total upfront costs approx $3000". this is for taxes they say? :surprise:

anyone have any idea if this is reasonable? thanks!!
  • tierramadretierramadre Member Posts: 2
    Got the following offers today at VW Pasadena:
    Touareg v6 base model MSRP $39,300, Invoice $36,183, Sale Price $35,995
    Touareg v6 w/Lux Pkg MSRP $42,890, Invoice $39,434, Sale Price $37,961

Took the second offer and got a great lease deal. Read more about it in the Touareg Leasing forum.
  • charmcocharmco Member Posts: 2
    Pls. help with options.
    I variant- V6 with leather seat+bixenon light+17" Canyon disk
    II variant V6 with air suspenser+18" Valley disk +macassar decor.
    All other options are same.
  • charmcocharmco Member Posts: 2
    Pls. help to chose better variant:

I variant- V6 with Biege Cricket leather seat+bi-xenon light+17" "Makalu" disk +"burr walnut" decor+leather steering wheel with wood rim.

II variant V6 with fabric Trail seat +air suspension+18" Valley disk +"Macassar "decor+leather steering wheel +Silver roof rails and roof profile strips.

All other options are same.
  • rodentsrodents Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased a 2009 Touareg 2 galapagos metallic for $32,500. That price is the car only. Out the door was about ~$36K ($3000 tax + $500 reg fee)
    This is in San Jose, the deal was very easy.

Base MSRP: 39,300
    OPTIONS:
    trailer hitch: $500
    cargo mat kit: $289
    Trailer hitch extras: $229
    Trunk cd changer: $99

destination: $750
    Total MSRP: $41,167.00

price paid: $32,500.00
  • djc19djc19 Member Posts: 1
    I now own a BMW X5 but am looking hard an a '10 TDI, which has much to like. However,I am amazed that no iPod connectivity of any kind--even simple speaker feed--is available unless you buy the $5200 package, most of which I do not want. Is the dealer correct in telling me this? Is there any good-quality conversion kit available for even simple MP3/ iPod speaker feed? I may pass on the TDI if it is $5200 or nothing. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
  • texagstexags Member Posts: 2
    There are several out there that connect through the cd changer, at least for older models (mine is a 2004). I paid $180 and hooked it up myself--i'm sorry, I don't remember the model. I did a google search of "direct ipod adapter vw touareg" and found several.

Mine works well. Good sound quality, and compatible with my iPhone 3GS. (Not all of them are).

Getting the head unit out is a pain, by the way. I needed to have 4 special removal keys to unlock it. I don't know if the new ones are the same way.
  • brunybruny Member Posts: 7
    This might seem like an odd question but here it goes. I purchased a 2009 touareg tdi for my wife ten days ago. she absolutely hates it. Is it possible to give it back? does vw have any kind of a program for this or will i now take a beating by selling it as used? she doesnt want another vw so trading it to them for something else is not an option. your collective wisdom is appreciated. tia
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100
    Nope.. no refunds..

My advice: Convince your wife to love it...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• llhh0223llhh0223 Member Posts: 6
    I am in the market for a 2009 Touareg 2. The base model will do the job. I was wondering what price I should be looking at? I know there is a $5000 dealer cash until 01/04. So will anything below 31k realistic?

Thank in advance!
  • llhh0223llhh0223 Member Posts: 6
    Finally purchased my 2009 Touareg.
    MSRP:$40344
    Sell price:$31000 plus ttl
    0 Down, 60 mo, 0% apr.
    Looks like a perfect deal for me.
  • roverguy76roverguy76 Member Posts: 13
    Gold Exterior/Black Interior, Lux package. MSRP is $43,239 and the selling price is $32,000. If you add on the sales tax, tags and registration the out the door price is @$34,589. Based on a A plus rating and a interest rate of 5% payment for 60 months would be around $615. per month.

The price doesn't sound bad, the interest rate does. Regardless, what do you guys think? Can I go lower given the 2010s are sitting around, and the 2011s are on the way? Any 0% interest rates available? This is in Southern New Jersey, BTW. Thanks in advance.
  • terminusterminus Member Posts: 2
    I guess it's hard to compare what the dealer is offering me right now...
  • jello71jello71 Member Posts: 4
    Looking at a tdi now - what model were you considering and what kind of pricing did you get? they aren't budging on the tdi.
  • myteedavemyteedave Member Posts: 2
    Hi jello71. Curious to hear what kind of price you ended up with, and if you bought. I'm looking at the TDI myself.
  • jello71jello71 Member Posts: 4
    Hey, I ended up doing pretty well on trade in but they only moved about $1k on the list price of the Tdi sport. When 8 did a search on cars.com with all areas, you can see a dealer on the east cost offering the LuX models for less than the sport MSRP, have you gotten anywhere with the pricing by you?
  • myteedavemyteedave Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the reply. I found *some* flexibility in the price, to the tune of somewhere between $2K on the tdi. I don't have a trade-in, just a straight up purchase (pre-approved financing + cash), so it's a simple formula. I haven't pushed very hard yet as I'm also looking at the MDX. From True Value.com it doesn't appear that there is much flexibility in either of the models. (But you CAN get a Nissan Armada at 25% off! Too bad it's a tank. :) I need to figure something out quickly though- sharing a car with my wife is getting old fast. Thanks for the tip on cars.com!
  • pnavpnav Member Posts: 2
    Cheapest I've seen is 2 percent under invoice from Langharne VW near Philly. I'm in Chicago and got then to about 1/2 percent under invoice. With the 3500 incentive on leases - the Treg is a good deal.
  • ewarren423ewarren423 Member Posts: 9
    Hello All,
    About to purchase a 2011 TDI Lux.
    Cash for Oct was 1500.
    Any idea if this has changed for Nov 1?
    thanks!
  • mengbuaamengbuaa Member Posts: 1
    I just visited the local dealer last weekend. The price they offered was invoice price + 0% APR for 2012 model. The invoice for V6 LUX is a little over $46,000. Is this a good price?
  • sleepybubbasleepybubba Member Posts: 61
    I am currently chosing between 2012 Touareg TDI and Acura MDX. While there is a fairly lively discussions about MDX prices, I don't see much going on regarding Touareg prices. Anyone purchased 2012 TDI w/Nav lately? What are the deals here?
  • chinkbargainerchinkbargainer Member Posts: 3
    Just picked up my Touareg Lux from Fairfax, VA. MSRP $50,780, didn't even have floor mats for a 50k car, but there's not many Touareg Lux in the DC area, so I had to go for it.

worked out to be:
    $41,900 Price
    $875 Freight
    $400 Processing (What BS, but i didn't want to negotiate no more)
    + TTL
    total was $46,700 OTD that's including 6% Maryland tax. This dealer was $200 cheaper than all the other ones i had gone to, let's hope this Touareg will serve me well, didn't get warranty though... might regret this
    I test-drove both and strongly preferred TDI to gas. The lowest 2 offers for TDI Sport with Nav I got were at 44.5K - above my limit for a new car purchase, but not unreasonable IMHO. I will give it another month or two to see if the dealers will cough up any additional savings, especially with more powerful 2013 TDIs in horizon.
    It appears Edmunds lists the TDI models eligible for 60-mo, 0% financing although all dealers fiercely deny this. Can anyone shed the light on the correctness of financing details posted on Edmunds? Who should I speak to verify this?
    Just purchased a 2012 TDI w/Nav for 44K. Was also able to get 0% financing with $0 down, 66 months. Is it a good deal?
  • bingo265bingo265 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

Did you finance it or just buy it in cash? Do you still remember the salesman's name?
    0% financing for 66 months. Purchased at Balise VW in West Warwick, RI. Dealt directly with GM. For further details - please PM. This was the last TDI Sport on their lot at the time (1 week ago), but check the inventory with cars.com - you should be able to find a similar or better deal.
  • tvevans1tvevans1 Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2012
    Just leased a 2013 TDI Lux...negotiated price of $50,250....did a one time lease payment of $22K which equates to $584 a month plus tax. Pretty happy with the deal and the vehicle. Not a nickle out of pocket, 15K miles per year.
  • gotgasgxgotgasgx Member Posts: 3
    Just purchased 2012 Touareg for $36k. Absolutely love the car so far.
  • arikinthecityarikinthecity Member Posts: 10

Call me crazy but I'm thinking of buying a 2015 toureg sport tdi. Anyone willing to share recent prices for these? With cash from vw and $2k loyalty and 0%this sounds like the time to buy. 
  • ruking1ruking1 Member Posts: 19,826
    edited October 2015

Call me crazy but I'm thinking of buying a 2015 toureg sport tdi. Anyone willing to share recent prices for these? With cash from vw and $2k loyalty and 0%this sounds like the time to buy. 
    Ah no! It is a great time to buy! You probably won't get many sharing the prices, as not many are buying. Is it the bottom ? I don't know. I am notoriously lousy @ calling the bottom! Make your best deal & all the best!