Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volkswagen Touareg Prices Paid

Comments

• golfgti201golfgti201 Member Posts: 12
    I tried to look for the rebates on VW's website and i had no results, maybe its different here. The only touareg deals was a lease deal on the V-6 Touareg. So as of right now, there are no rebates, at least as it seems,thats a shame. Although Vw dealers here are offering V-8 Touaregs at 37,995, which looks like 5,000 off msrp. Maybe the rebates are hidden and it is included in this discount.
  • rjlaerorjlaero Member Posts: 659
    That $5,000 off most likely includes any rebates or incentive from the manufacturer. You can look online and check the invoice prices. There's not 5 grand markup in a T REG. Most of them have $2500-$3500 depending on the model. 5 G's off means many dealers are selling at invoive plus giving you the rebate from VW.
    I just checked cars direct for Invoice prices. If you load a V8 up with the premium Nav, you can get close to $5,000 in markup. So my previous post was a bit in error. But for the base V8 cars and down, it's in the $3500 range.
  • mnmatchesmnmatches Member Posts: 111
    I'm in dire need of this vehicle. My wife and I sat in one a week ago and both fell in love with it. While I understand that the v6 offers ok performance, I currently have a suv with a V6 weighting in at 4200lbs. and its performance is moderate (and it has more HP). I think that if I'm going to be happy I'll have to shell out more money for the v8 (huge $$$ for an engine upgrade....)

Does anyone know any good dealers in the Minneapolis area?

I think I'll plan on emailing a number of the dealers in my area and try to work them against each other. I've got a co-worker that did this and got $9400 off her jeep rubicon, lifetime oil changes and car washes, and a few freebie accessories.

p.s. I wanted to spend about 15k less than what I expect to, so that I can still afford a Chrysler 300c in a year.... but this might put the kai-bosch on that. :(
  • thejordans502thejordans502 Member Posts: 5
    Do you know what dealership was offering that price? I've been searching around and would love to get the V6 below 30,000. I'm working with the dealer I purchased my passat from and he quoted me 31,900. Not sure if that is with any discounts. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
  • thejordans502thejordans502 Member Posts: 5
    Anyone know what to expect to pay for a base model V6 Touareg? No extras, just looking to get into one at the best price. I have another VW and I understand they are giving the 1,000 loyalty bonus. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
  • mnmatchesmnmatches Member Posts: 111
    Additional to this question what rebates are available? I've heard that there are unadvertized rebates available? does anyone know what these are?
    I live in the Raleigh, North Carolina area and it was Southern States VW/Subaru that was advertising Base V6 models in the paper for 29,999.

You should be able to get that kind of price anywhere in the country. Most dealers will clear off their 2004 inventory for close to invoice prices. I thoguh there was a $1500-2000 rebate from VW on the T Regs. The base T regs are just under 36K. But you may have a hard time finding just the base model and they may be loaded up with options.
  • jkim000jkim000 Member Posts: 1
    Hello everyone,

I was just quoted $32.5K for a base Touareg (no extra options). This is about $800 less than the Carsdirect price (for the Chicago area) and ~$1000 less than invoice.

Can anyone comment on whether this price is attractive to other quotes you've seen / received for a base V6?

Thank you!
  • bostonronbostonron Member Posts: 7
    Copper,
         I bought it at Boston Volkswagon in Brighton, Ma. the sales manager was great.This is what i got, V8 with bi-xenon, winter pkg.and sound system I. Msrp. $45,255.00 i paid $38,072.00 and this is with the $2,000 rebate. It was a great buying experience.GREAT CAR
  • tierramomtierramom Member Posts: 15
    In Southern California, I was quoted the following deals: $1500 below invoice and $5100 off MSRP. Both of these were on cash deals or deals not financed with special VW financing rates. The best deal depends on which model you are looking at. The base model Touareg at $1500 off invoice would be $31467.
  • jiii267jiii267 Member Posts: 4
    Everyone:

Does anyone have an opinion about the lease special on the vw.com site for the V6 T-Reg? Is it a fair deal for a lease? Here are the specifics of the offer...thanks.

2004 Touareg V6
    $399*/month
    42-month lease
    $3,874.00 due at signing
    (plus license, tax and dealer fees)
    $4,099.00 due at signing for
    New York State residents.
    Includes difference in acquisition fee.
    (plus tax, license, options and dealer fees)
    Or, see your local VW dealer for one of the many other great lease deals available.

*US cars only. $399 first month's payment, $2,500 down payment, and $400 refundable security deposit and $575 acquisition fee due at lease inception. Monthly payments total $16,758.00. MSRP of $36,665 for a 2004 Touareg V6 with 6-speed automatic Tiptronic transmission. Closed-end lease offered to highest qualified customers by Volkswagen Credit through participating dealers. Supplies limited. Offer ends August 31, 2004. Requires dealer contribution of $1,400, which could affect final negotiated transaction. Lessee responsible for insurance. At lease end lessees responsible for $0.15/mile over 42,000 miles for damage and excessive wear. Additional charges may apply at lease end. Purchase option at lease end for $17,599. Dealer sets actual prices. See your Volkswagen dealer for details.
  • loumloum Member Posts: 7
    Not a great deal at all!
    Lets assume that you are getting this car at invoice of $33,665. The interest rate you will be paying over 42 months is about 3.75% when you should be looking at an interest rate close to 1.75%.
  • pablo_lpablo_l Member Posts: 491
    We do own a '99 ML320 that is in very good condition, and we're among the fortunate people that have had a totally trouble-free experience with the MB. Nevertheless, since the 50k mile service bill was to be about $2,000, my wife and I decided that maybe the time was ripe to put the money into something else. Especially since we liked the Touareg. In fact, even though it would be my wife's car, I like the Touareg a *lot*, and wanted one. So we went to a dealer to test drive one, and willing to make up our minds very quickly. We loved the interior of the car, liked the exterior, and were thrilled by the solid way it drove (we wanted a loaded V6). After that, though, it all went down the drain shopping experience wise. despite the fact I told the sales guy that I had to do some Internet research on invoice price and such, they had us endure en embarrassingly cheapish pitch, and they felt compelled to unnecessarily give us an initial offer (MSRP! They had tried to actually mark up the car, claiming that the great tests in magazines justified that) and a leasing offer that upon getting home I saw was terrible.

VW has to get their act together if they intend to even remotely compete against the likes of Mercedes or BMW in shopping experience. You do not push a Touareg like you push a used Golf. You are not selling to people whose overriding concern is "how good" the monthly payment looks. It insulted our intelligence, wasted our time, and in the end confirmed my wife's snobbish suspicion that VW as a brand represents a step down from her current ownership experience.

Alas, the Touareg was not to be, and thus does not figure in our plans. It is a wonderful car. But seems to be sold in the entirely wrong dealership by salespeople unqualified in the art of selling a more upscale car.
  • panzerpanzer Member Posts: 125
    Your experience is similar to mine. We have a variety of VW dealers in Denver, all with the same mentality to varying degrees. I ended up buying my Touareg from one of the most tacky dealers for three reasons. He had exactly the car I wanted, he was closest to my house, and I had a backup car at another dealer farther away that was almost as well equipped, on which I had a firm offer at invoice plus $350 (this was before the rebate).

I just stuck to my guns and got the invoice deal from the close dealer on the last day of the month. Plan on 4 to 6 hours of nose hair pulling, double teaming, triple teaming, F&I, etc before you drive home. I knew for a fact that the car I wanted had been on his lot for at least 4 months. It's too bad there had to be so much chicken dung spread around. I dont see why we couldnt have come to a deal in about 10 minutes, wrapped up the paperwork and F&I in another 30 minutes and out the door. They just dont realize there are a lot of people out there that are operating businesses that are at least as big as theirs and wouldnt dream of putting their customer through all that crap.

Oh, and by the way, when you take it in for the inevitable issues, they will treat you like you are the first one with the problem, they've never heard of it, or you're crazy. Things change when you expose them to a list of Technical Service Bulletins for the car, which of course they're familiar with. It's amazing the games they try.

Why did I buy the car? I love it. There is nothing else like it. I knew I was getting a first year car and so far, the pain has been worth the gain.
  • mmee1mmee1 Member Posts: 19
    I just want people to know, it's not all like this. I received a similar, though not as bad, experience from the dealer closest to my home. So I left. I drove 30 minutes away to the next dealer and had, and continue to have, the best possible experience.

They had the car I wanted. I told them a price that was reasonable but not the lowest I've scene here. They said "no problem, we can do it for that". And that was it. Deal done.

Service has been incredible. Just got back from my 10,000 mile service. When I arrived, they offered a loaner. When I said I could wait, they put a rush on the work. They said it would take three hours and in 2 hours and 59 minutes they pulled up with my Touareg, washed. I waited in their leather chairs in the waiting area watching the Olympics. I left with a rose as a thank you for my business. Incredible.

I'm sure it is frustrating for the good VW dealerships to see posts about how bad all VW dealers are. Some are bad, others are fantastic. Shop the service center more than the few bucks you may save on the purchase.

Love my Touareg.
  • avery1avery1 Member Posts: 373
    Which dealer was this?
  • touaregtouareg Member Posts: 1
    I'm shopping around for a Touareg and I'm planning on making a purchase in a week or two. The lowest price I've seen is $31,750. I would appreciate feedback from recent Touareg buyers, prices for the V6 model, (if you added any options please specify).

Thanks,
    The dealer is Bob Lewis VW in San Jose, CA.

To Touareg: If you are buying a Honda, shop for the absolute lowest price. If you are buying a Touareg, shop the service center. Buy from the best one.
  • bostonronbostonron Member Posts: 7
    I had a great buying experience at Boston Volkswagon. I bought the car 1o minutes,
    they offered me a loaner for service.I also got great deal over $7,000 off msrp. for a v8.
    It,s a great car
  • pablo_lpablo_l Member Posts: 491
    For what it is worth, our shopping experience was at Bob Lewis in SJ, too. If I ever go back there again, it will be having set up everything via the Web, and not allowing things to stray an inch from that. Don't do a drop in.
    You are right. I did most of my deal via email, but the "live" version was just as good. I can't speak for every salesperson there. But I can say the service people are great. You stand still in the service area for two seconds and someone comes up and asks, "Are you being helped?"
  • pattipatti Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone had experience with Classis VW/Orlando or Prestige VW/Melbourne, Florida
  • dogsambamdogsambam Member Posts: 69
    We are looking to buy a 2004 V6 Premium Package, and are really worried about resale value. We can buy the car at or below cost , and really low finance, possible 0% if still available. My biggest fear is that in 3 or 4 years this car is going to be worthless. I am tempted to just pay a little more and get a RX330. Any thoughts? Is 0% still avalable?
  • habitat1habitat1 Member Posts: 4,282
    You can easily do research and find out that VW resale values are historically pretty bad and Lexus is near the top of the pack. So if you really plan on trading in 3-4 years, you would be much better off either leasing the VW or buying the Lexus.

On the other hand, the RX330 is the closest thing to a minivan masquerading as an SUV as I've ever seen. We are seriously considering the GX470, which has decent capabilities, as well as the Touareg, XC90, etc. IMO, even the Honda Pilot is a more "serious" SUV than the RX330. The few RX330's in our immediate neighborhood sat parked during the 6"+ snowfalls we got in DC the last 1-2 years. But if it works for you, go for it.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    My sister lives out towards Winchester - I just got another horror story from her about VW service, but I'm not sure how much is the dealer and how much is my sister <g>.

But from reading other dealer stories around Town Hall, it doesn't sound like there are a lot of great dealers (of any make) around DC.

Steve, Host
  • hcw8161hcw8161 Member Posts: 2
    hello, i was quoted a price for a base V6 touareg with xenon headlights and upgraded sound system for $32,500. This will include a lifetime loaner for service of the vehicle. It is a 2004, is this a good deal?
  • jungkim11jungkim11 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

From what others are posting, that seems like a reasonable deal.

Just out of curiosity, are you in the Chicago area? (I think I may have gotten a quote on the exact same car :-)
  • wetwilliewetwillie Member Posts: 129
    Stay away from the V-6 T-reg. Consumer Reports just tested one and they liked everything but the anemic acceleration. And if CR calls it slow, it's s-l-o-w!

Disagree with statements about the poor resale value of VW in general. In fact the opposite is documented. In the wagon category, the Jetta TDI has the highest resale. In the SUV category, The Porsche Cayenne has the highest return - and we all know the T-reg is a first cousin to the Cayenne.
    Does anyone know if VW is still offering 0% financing on the Touareg?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    They are offering 0% in my zip code for the gas models:

Incentives and rebates

Steve, Host
    That price is good. Both options are worth it, in my opinion. I have the v6, xenons, stereo, air suspension and pp2. Took off the roof rack. The air suspension is cool, particularly if you go off road, but by no means is it necessary. The xenons are great outside the city, particularly for old man eyes. I would have been happier with the perforated leatherette, but in order to get power seats and a few other niceties, pp2 and leather had to be ordered. The leather is non perf'd and hot. In 10k miles, there are times that I wished it had a bit more power off the line, but I have never had embarassing or unsafe moments. Forget dicing through city traffic. Power on the highway is never a problem. The car cruises in complete comfort at whatever speed you like, including way over the speed limit. The v8 has no problem with accelleration. However, it uses much more gas and has a kind of touchy gas pedal. In our area, the only used Touaregs are V8's. Go figure. By the way, I operate at 5500 to 11000 feet of elevation. Average mileage so far is 18.3mpg.

As far as resale, I'm not too worried. Overall, the truck is of very high quality and a treat to drive on any surface. What's a few thousand dollars if you are driving the car you really wanted? There is a price for driving something that does not appeal to the masses. I am not interested in an RX330. When it came out this winter, there were at least 6 in my immediate neighborhood within the month. They are perfect for people that are not car enthusiasts. Consumer Reports is for those people. I personally think they are a chicken doo doo organization. Look at their ganging up on Isuzu and Suzuki, but leaving Ford, GM and Chrysler alone on SUV rollovers. I don't believe there's any substantial difference in rollover propensity for any of those SUV's, circa 1995. I've driven them all and lived with many of them.
  • elemintelemint Member Posts: 79
    Stay away from the V-6 T-reg. Consumer Reports just tested one and they liked everything but the anemic acceleration.

Are you nuts? There is not a car made today that does not have enough acceleration! Just another bogus upgrade to empty your wallet. In this day and age the V8 should not even be available. BTW all suvs should have diesels available with a tax rebate.
  • wetwilliewetwillie Member Posts: 129
    "Are you nuts?"
    Umm, I didn't write the article, Consumer Reports did - as I clearly stated.

"There is not a car made today that does not have enough acceleration!"
    First off the T-reg is not a CAR, it is a 3 ton SUV. With what criteria is the rest of your statement based on? Your own?

" In this day and age the V8 should not even be available." Maybe on your planet choices are not allowed, on this one we can actually choose what suits are needs the best! Amazing, huh?.

"Just another bogus upgrade to empty your wallet" Another of your value judgments. This is a T-reg forum. If your worried about your wallet and tax rebates, you're in the wrong forum.
  • ps113ps113 Member Posts: 1
    Was it "outdoor" price, including state tax and paperwork expenses?
    Does anyone know what will be different with the 2005 Touareg?
  • billwatbillwat Member Posts: 1
    I'm in the market for a Toureg like yours. Your price sounds good. Could you provide me with dealer name? Tks.
    BW
    As reported previously, I think VW is adding about 20hp to the v6 and bundling options together into 5 packages instead of allowing pick and choose.
  • bonaficebonafice Member Posts: 2
    Hi all,

im looking to buy a v8, wondering if anyone has been able to get one for 3500 below invoice?

thanks
  • grindstonegrindstone Member Posts: 3
    I'm debating between a 2005 Toureg V6 and 4 Runner. Any advise?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
    Hi grindstone - this discussion is for pricing & buying experiences, and it doesn't sound like you're there yet! To find out about these vehicles, use the search tools at the left. The make/model drop-down menus should be particularly helpful.

We have several active discussions about these SUVs, so you should get good feedback on each. Let me know if you need help finding your way around.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host & Future Vehicles Host

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• kelvinleungkelvinleung Member Posts: 10
    These two vehicles are in my list as well. I test drove the Toureg V6. It's very nice. The 4-runner is cheaper with more room, not as luxury and stylish in my point of view...
    This spring, these were on my list as well, along with the x3 and x5. The only reason I did not buy the 4runner (V8) was the seats, and the general lack of comfort for a big guy at 6"4" and 240#. Otherwise, I think it is a great truck, very well engineered, and drives like a dream, in the sport version. I wouldnt waste time with the base model or the limited without the sport suspension. XREAS makes a big difference. Also, get the V8, it's sweet.

I spent way more on my Touareg (V6) than I would have on the 4runner, with no regets. I decided against the BMW's mainly because I do a little 4wheeling in the mountains, and sand dunes at the lake, and they are not really appropriate for off road stuff. If you are deciding between these two, I assume you need off-road too. I think you have the two best ones out there. Don't forget a Chevy Tahoe or Suburban. You get a lot of truck for not much money.
  • lee_wlee_w Member Posts: 239
    You might want to try Smart Shopper or Owner's club for more information on this topic. Do you have any Prices Paid or Buying Experiences? Goodluck!
    We are trying to buy a Touareg by the end of the month. The dealers seem to be stuck with dozens of 2004s. What happens to the 2004s. Do they just start blowing them out at low low prices, or do they return them to VW?
  • dviolagisdviolagis Member Posts: 2
    I'm getting $2,500 below invoice.
    On which model and what equipment?
  • beezy21beezy21 Member Posts: 6
    Is there a reason you will not say what dealership you dealt with in Boston? I am also from MA and I was very enthusiastic about owning a Toureg. Test drove my brother's car, loved it, wanted a fairly loaded V-8. Then I went into both dealerships in Boston and lets just say after my experiences there I am now the proud owner of a Lexus GX 470. They saw a single woman (a blonde nonetheless) come in and the prices they were quoting me were absolutely ridiculous and an insult to my intelligence. $1500 of MSRP. Naturally I played hardball and tried to get the number I wanted w/out any success. I walked out of there and have not been back since. Are you kidding me? I grew up with four brothers and know a thing or two about automobiles and the art of "wheeling and dealing" since my dad's close friend owns numerous dealerships in the Midwest.
    I guess this only confirms my suspicions about car salesmen with ponytails. Just curious to know what dealership in Boston accomodated you so well.
  • grindstonegrindstone Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking at a 2004 V8 demo with 8,000 miles (MSRP $45,105 - Invoice $40,870) that I can buy for $37900. Good or bad deal?
  • bonaficebonafice Member Posts: 2
    dogs,

i dont think thats a great deal...i think u can get 3500 under invoice on a brand new v8...