Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Armada Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• pmtrepmtre Member Posts: 55
    Anyone have any experience negotiating a new 2008 Armada?
    starting to look and the 2008 MSRP looks like the price is up 2k for a loaded LE over the 2007's and the rebate is only 2K VS. 4K for the 2007.
  • edmercedesedmercedes Member Posts: 1
    I just leased one for 856/mo 39mos Im not sure if that is a good deal or not but im happy woth the truck better suspension than the 04 and 05 models and great technology package worth every penny.
    What were the details, MSRP? How many miles per year did you get? Did you need to put any money down? Thanks For the reply!
  • hypnotisthypnotist Member Posts: 3
    I ordered a 2008 Armada LE about three weeks ago. I paid $100 over invoice and got a 72 month, 100,000 mile gold warranty for $1495. The only major options not ordered were moonroof and rear DVD.

I think that for a 2008, this was a pretty good deal for southern California.
  • run_n_foolrun_n_fool Member Posts: 1
    I am in the market for a basically loaded 07 or 08 Armada LE (DVD a must, and Navi a nice to have). What should I expect to pay under invoice at this time of year?

I am thinking the 07 should be at a fairly steep discount to invoice since they are trying to move them out by now, right?

Or will both the 07 and 08 have about the same discount to invoice and the main difference be the Nissan incentives?
  • bstevenfbstevenf Member Posts: 2
    I initially went looking for an 07 left over Armada, or a Used 07. The prices I got for the features I wanted in the used 07 Armada, with under 8k miles was like 30k-32k...

So i started exploring the New 08's.

I negotiated with a number of dealers till I understood their numbers..and I found that you really cant get much better of a deal on an Left over 07, then what I got on a NEW 08. Rebate was the same ($4k for either).

What I got was...
    2008 SE Model with SE Premium Package & 4WD

SE Premium package has... Leather, Power Seats, Keyless Entry, Intelligent Pocket Key, Bose Upgraded Radio with XM and Sub, Additional Airbags)

Additional Items I got:
    TOW Package with Ball Hitch
    Cargo Mat
    Cargo Net
    Carpeted Floor and Cargo Mats
    Rear Splashguards
    Custom Dark Grey Color with Tan Leather int

MSRP comes in at $44,540. not inc the custom color

I paid... $35,100 after $4k rebate

From what I have seen...with a 4WD this is a great deal. :)
    That's a nice deal, I was offered a 2008 LE,
    MSRP 52210
    discounted to 47169

After Rebate 43169

Close but not as good as yours, Anybody else hearing numbers this good or better?
  • bwfd1618bwfd1618 Member Posts: 2
    We would like to purchase a 2008 Nissan Armada SE with some of the optional packages such as the moonroof package, driver package and the premium package. We've been looking around and I priced one out with the MSRP of $41,675. However, I'm seeing that some of you paid $100 or $200 under invoice. Is this really true??? Right now, in SD they are offering 4500 off as a rebate. How much do you think I could get below invoice??
    I'm going to offer 500 below invoice when I go out next month. With gas prices sure to rise most folks are looking for a vehicle with better MPG. I have an 04 in the driveway but have been driving my 97 Oldsmobile 3 days week to save $$$ / 22 mpg vs 13mpg. The Armada is still the best large SUV value out there if you can get over the MPG factor.
  • bwfd1618bwfd1618 Member Posts: 2
    Wow! Hopefully we can get $500 or something close to that, under invoice. The MPG is something that we are debating. We are also thinking of the Chrysler Aspen. It's a little bit better on the MPG, but I think I like the overall package on the Armada. We are hoping to buy this week-end. I'll let you know the deal we get...well...hopefully it's a deal :-)
    Be patient and be ready to walk out. With the additional $500.00 holiday bonus cash that's now available $500 under invoice is not out of the question. After all is said and done the dealer is still making money and you get a great deal.
    Good Luck Shopping!
  • scottinkyscottinky Member Posts: 194
    was thinking about a new pathfinder, BUT, the rear seats and 3rd row
    are ridiculous. Instead, the dealer has a 2008 LE, LOADED, and I mean
    loaded with all options as a dealer demo with 2100 miles on it. I know
    there is $4500 cash incentive, as well as some dealer cash. But, how much
    off for the truck being a demo? I am looking to lease for 36mos, 15K miles
    and about 2K down. My Pathinder was appraised in the mid 13's, which I thought
    was excellent considering Edmunds TMV on a trade. The dealer has offered
    to take the truck out tomorrow and drive it around.
    ok, this is insane. selling price of hte truck 42.2K, 10k off sticker
    they are giving me 15K for my 2003 LE
    giving me BACK $1,000
    0 due at lease signing
    $574 per month for 39 months
    2008 LE negotiated price of 42.2K, msrp of 52K
    residual of 51%
    money factor of .00014, or about 3%
    do I take it?
    this board is so helpful.
  • achadha1achadha1 Member Posts: 65
    That sounds like a very good deal to me. how many miles per year are you allowed? if its 15k i would jump on that deal a lease under 600 for a 52k is a good deal...
    it is for 15K per year.
    I hope your drivin it!
    Good job, makes me want to go get one, but my accountant says wait till 01/08.

money factor .0014 = 3.36%

How did you handle Taxes, Title, and registration fees? Were they rolled into the lease or paid out of pocket?
    yeah, I should have waited, but WTF. the taxes were rollled in, and they
    are cutting me a check back for the difference next week. It is parked
    outside, just need to free up space in the garage. Incredible truck, comfy
    smooth and quiet. So far, mileage is no worse than the 03 Pathfinder
    I traded. I did opt to extend the warranty to cover the rest of the lease
    for $400. Too much electronics that could go at anytime.
  • greg56greg56 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2008 Armada LE (Black) loaded. I paid $500 under invoice and got the $4000 and the $500 rebates. It was like pulling teeth with the dealer but I got it done and love the truck! I ended up financing it over 72 months at 6.89% which I got from Capital One but the dealer ended up matching after swearing the best they could do was 7.65%.

These are great trucks but with gas prices what they are you are able to get a great deal. My opinion is you should not be paying much over invoice and should be getting either the rebate or special financing.
    i have to admit I am a tad concerned, but if you are trading from
    a midsize SUV that got only 14 city and 16 hway, the difference is
    going to be nearly negligible. One less dinner out per month. $35-40
    more. to have that much room, power, and safety is worth it.
  • davantdavant Member Posts: 294
    Negotiated remotely with straightforward Daytona area dealer for a fully loaded 2WD LE, Tech, DVD, Prefererred, Moonroof, giblets, gravy, deflectors everywhere,. MSRP $49,540, before tax & tag $39,381, (that's $10,159 below MSRP for the math impaired.).

Seems dealers are cut-throating each other perhaps due to EOM expiring rebate. They aren't playing nice swapping inventory as the first was sold after being promised to our dealer (dispatched drivers for pickup, but no car there, sold -- thanks Naples!). A second dealer refused to sell it to ours (Palm Bch), WTFO? Dealer held true to word and located & secured one anyway, they deliver it tomorrow on their nickel versus us picking up (we're 450 miles from them). Is Nissan an Army of One? We found the one steadfast soldier I guess...rock on Daytona Nissan!!!

Wife could not stand any longer the soccer mom feel of our '06 Ody Touring, she picked a loaded Armada, go figure? Not that much diff in real world MPG as Ody got 15/22 tops, we expect 13/18 with the Armada but we'll no longer need a species ID in the front aquarium window.

Most consider the '08 changes subtle, not true IMNSHO. It finally caught up and surpassed the existing field (hard drive, Bluetooth, tri-zone, decent backup cam, keyless entry/start).
    Nice deal,

Was the 06 Ody traded as part of the deal?, if so How fair a price did they offer/

Also, did you get the bench seat or the captain chairs?

I'm trading an 04 LE 4wd/ with 61k and would like to know what to expect , last summer they offered me $21k for the trade and $9200 off an 07 LE AWD MSRP 49875. I'm hoping to get the 08 for what the 07 was going to cost.

Thanks,

Tom
    Tom,

Yes, we traded the '06 Ody Touring in the deal. You may wan to put your feet up to read the of this long fingered response.

I'm fairly savvy at this so I broke every rule by starting with a bottom line OTD trade differential between trade value, payoff, and the Armada fully loaded as noted above under $40K. We haggled one volley, got a few freebies tossed in and agreed, done deal, total time on the phone, less than five minutes. I only did this after dissecting the value of each independently using CR actual dealer cost (Edmunds figures are darn close and free) & trade figure reports too, adding tax on the diff, profit margin, etc. I don't recommend doing it this way unless you're good at backsolving, splitting, and researching to what some might consider obsession. It does cut the transaction down to a no BS negotiation and let's the dealer know up front you've done some homework.

You'll be lucky to get what Edmunds or anyplace else says you should get as trade-in. Private sale will get you the best ROI but won't work with negative equity and takes time (rebate ends EOM or 3 Dec, can't remember which). We were basically upside down a few grand but that was overcome by the biggie 4.5K rebate. I did OK on this deal (middle of Black Book trade value when I thought it should be upper end) but surely someone here actually has or will claim to have done much better. I feel comfy with my trade value because I got $500-750 more from this dealer than any other on the same or similarly priced vehicle with less of a discount and they did this sight unseen (subject to inspection of course).

Dealers I've dealt with will only give you what a similar priced vehicle could be bought for wholesale either from another dealer or an auction. This ensures dealer can make a profit but possibly gives them a wider range of profit compared to the new car sale that gives them a commision based on sales, totals, goals, etc. Recommend only dealing with Internet department managers to avoid the what's it gonna take to get you in it today conversations with white patent leather shoe wearing salesmen. Either do so via email at first, or call them cold with a proposal, it worked for me, just be prepared to go for it if they meet your figures.

Anyway, we got captains chairs. They are the same exact seat on the sides as the bench config only you get a toybox instead of a jump seat in the middle. We also got one that's Flex Fuel just in case it catches on here in FL. FFV is hypochracy IMO as it says I'm going green but in actuality means we aren't picky what type fuel we guzzle.

Doing a quicky check, $21K for your '04 LE may have been darn good but can't tell what you have on it or condition. The big SUV's aren't hot right now due to gas prices. The '08's went up quite a bit compared to 07's but with all the changes, well worth it. In three years I could be here posting that the 2010 is better yet.

I've only just begun to explore the bells & whistles on ours (got it today) but it's awesome, polished, understated but not boring. I can't imagine paying $10-15K more for a QX-56 with fancier rims, active cruise, one notch up the class scale.

Sorry to ramble but there's good info here,do research and don't cave in if the numbers checkout... walk or hang-up instead.

Good luck!.
    Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply, The more info the better!

Over the weekend, on my wife's behalf, I negotiated over the phone to lease an 08 Subau Tribeca 5 pass lmtd. I found 3 dealers with the color and options she wanted, they all came down in price very quickly, once they knew we would buy over the weekend, She ended up with a great monthly payment with no money down and a check back to her to pay off her old lease. I posted the details on the Subaru forum. Point is you don't need to sit in the showroom and play all the games the salesman and managers like to throw at you.

Yesterday, After telling the saleman I wasn't buying till after Jan. 1 I waisted an hour trying to get a trade in value for my 04 LE AWD( 61k miles, very good condition, LE preffered, all the options except, NAV and DVD) Of course they came in at 17k , 4k less than in June, I actually bought an 07 at the time and negogiated around 9400 off the MSRP, gave them a deposit , but they couldn't find the color and options I wanted so they gave me my deposit back.

The trade in value is about 2 Grand lower than I expected.

They did give me the MF .00125 and Residual 51% for an 08 LE AWD 39 MO. 15K per year lease.

I'll be back to make a deal at the end of December, with them or or one of the many nearby dealers, no sense waisting anymore time, till its time to buy.

Happy Shopping!
  • malibuskimalibuski Member Posts: 3
    I am working on a deal with a private seller right now on a one owner 2006 Armada SE 4x4

Its about has loaded as an SE can get, Dvd, moonroof, leather , 8 pass, tow package , clear bra etc. 13,000 Miles. One owner, no accidents not smoker.

We are at 26,750 right now.

What do you think. Good deal or should be less?
  • sbuhlersbuhler Member Posts: 122
    Just wanted to give my opinion. I don't think the offer is that far off. I would think more around $24,500-$26,000 max. A few sold on ebay with similar options for around $25-26,000. I would recommend posting your information in the real-world trade in values. They will be able to give you a good idea of what a trade in would be on the vehicle. I would then add about 10% and then that would be all I would offer.
    Anyone hear about this months rebates?
    $4500 Cash to Customer start: 12/04/2007 end: 01/02/2008
    Rebate? ... same as it ever was (chop up and down arm).

Not only is the Armada one fine large SUV in comparison to US-borne choices, it is certainly less expensive too. We priced out a similarly equipped Tahoe and Expie and despite small rebates from (Ford) I figured the Armada is 4-5K less than what we would pay for the alternatives plus it utilizes plenty of leading edge technologies. For some reason US makers are slow to roll luxury brand features like Smartkey (proximity sensing) into consumer grades. Honda is also guilty of this as they just put Bluetooth in the Ody this year. Point is, if you can accept the fuel economy these are great times to be buying. No, I don't work in the automotive field, just can't believe how much cheaper and better the Armada is...
  • uga91uga91 Member Posts: 1,065
    We bought a new 2008 on December 1 for $28k from Sutherlin Nissan in Buford, GA (near the Mall of Georgia). It was a "base" SE with only floor mats, cargo net, splash guards and cargo tray as the options. Sticker was about $36,600. Rebates were $4500 and mark down took it to $28,000. We are very happy!
    Another great deal! Enjoy!
  • pantsonfirepantsonfire Member Posts: 1
    On 11/30 I took delivery of my new Galaxy black with almond leather 2008 Armada 4x2 LE. I got the captains chairs, moonroof, mat set, microfilter, rear cargo net, Tow Package, Preferred Package, DVD Entertainment Package and the Tech Package. I should have just said I got everything but the moon roof wind guard. My out the door price with Orange County Florida taxes and tag xfer was $42,230. The MSRP/sticker was $51,045. I did all of my due diligence and shopping over phone and internet and narrowed it down to three dealerships. I settled on Jenkins Nissan price in Lakeland. They did an inventory swap and drove the Armada from Sarasota all the way to my house in the Orlando area.

Some things to note. Inventory for captains chairs, black in almond was slim pickings. Also, no trade, no financing and I bought the car on the last day of the month. They were really anxious to make a sell. I signed the papers in my kitchen at 11:30 PM. LOL. Good luck everyone.
  • achadha1achadha1 Member Posts: 65
    what was your price before taxes and tag may I ask? what is florida sales tax? thanks
  • howardentprisehowardentprise Member Posts: 10
    I have been going at this for about a month with several dealers.... here is the deal I worked out tell me if you think its good....2008 LE 4x4 with every option but the rear DVD system. MSRP is $50990. They offered it to me for $40750 + tax and tags.
  • kakee68kakee68 Member Posts: 5
    I have an offer from Planet Nissan in Las Vegas, Nevada for the 08 Nissan Armada LE 2WD with the preferred package and the technology package (navigation).... The complete out the door price is $42,000....... is this a fair price as this is after the 4,500.00 rebate incentive???
    Sounds like a fair price, what color are you getting ?, What city are you in?
    I've been looking for the same set up Blizzard / Almond w/captain chairs in the second row in the Boston area, the closest one is 150 miles away. The numbers I'm getting aren't as good as yours, so I think your doing good to get that price.
    Thanks so much...... I am getting the Smoke with Charcoal leather interior.....split row bench middle row seating w/ navigation and the preferred package....... I am in Las Vegas, Nevada.....
    Good luck in finding yours!
  • konaislandkidkonaislandkid Member Posts: 6
    In December I purchased a smoke color 2008 SE 4x4 with Driver's package, splash guards, floor mats & cargo mat, rear cargo net, rear organizer and SE tow package. I live in CA. where the tax is 7.75%, I paid 2941.51 in sales tax and 318.75 in dmv fees plus a 55.00 documantation fee. Total out the door price was $36715.36. Which included cash back and rebate. I plan on getting the Gold Preferred Security Plus vehicle protection plan as soon as possible. I'm still shopping around for the best price on this since the dealer's can charge different prices for this optional coverage. If anyone has puchased this plan can you list which plan you purchased, who you bought it from and the price that you paid? Thanks, so far I'm really happy with the vehicle, no problems at all. :shades:
  • 514329514329 Member Posts: 60
    just got my 08 armada LE 4x4 tonight w/ dvd, LE preferred package, tow package, floor mat, splash guard for $ 37015 out the door, msrp was $ 48630. trade-in my 04 SE 4x4 w/ balance of $ 15300.
    color is Galaxy Black /Charcoal leather. I also got numbers very close to this from sheridan nissan(actually in stock) and conicelli nissan(need to DX). Does anyone have any firm pricing on the Gold Preferred warranty?
    Wow, what town are you in? That was the final price including taxes and fees, etc.?? I just want to be sure I don't get hosed ..... Thanks!
    i'm from denver co. yes thats out the door. i offered them $ 36000 + my 04 SE w/ $ 15300 balance but way beyond there price so we end up $ 37015. my sales tax is 4%
    I see...... my sales tax here in Vegas is 7.75% and I have no trade in and no down payment...... so, I guess getting out the door at 41,000 is pretty good.
    Thanks again!
    yeah 0 down for me too
    yeah no trade for mine and 0 down
  • clarencehollowclarencehollow Member Posts: 60
    Sometimes I don't know who to believe. You have a huge rebate and then a dealer offers to sell you the thing for just $500 bucks over invoice - and you balk? So they sell it to you at invoice. You're too cheap to own this thing, but then you go to Tim Horton's everyday in your new Armada, and when prodded, you tell the clerk when he asks what the sticker price was - like that's what you paid. Meanwhile the $1.75 coffee you buy everyday has 90% profit. During the next 4 years while you drive that Armada, Tim Hortons will make more than the dealer did selling you the Armada. The Armada probably sat on the lot, the dealer paid interest on it, and they spent money advertising in print, on tv, on the radio, and barely made several hundred dollars net on a vehicle valued at almost $50K. If you spend $50K at Tim Hortons, they will make about $45K. You never complain about paying retail at Tim Hortons, or McDonalds, etc... but that Armada takes you everywhere, is your prestige tool ... what a mess people are.
  • clarencehollowclarencehollow Member Posts: 60
    I hope you bought the Salesperson Dinner that night, or offered him some hospitality? We are considering the Armada too, but we're looking at a 24 month lease. We will probably save over $15,000 by not having to deal with the higher buy payment, and depreciation.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,182
    Gee, Clarence....

In the Prices Paid forums, we're all about getting the lowest price we can.. That's why the forums exist..

I'm not sure what that has to do with the price of coffee at Tim Hortons, though.. :surprise:

Of course, if you pay an extra $1000, you might have to skip the coffee for a year or two..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

well if you think if you work for a company that pays you $ 120000 a year and they make a profit of 10% - %50 on top of that then you should not work for them. if you think you buy clothings and food even if they are 50% off and they still make 50% profit on it then don't buy them. this forum is for people to know what price others got theirs and what to expect period.
  • malibuskimalibuski Member Posts: 3
    Is this a good deal I just made for 26,300??

2006 Nissan Armanda SE
    14,000 Miles
    1 Owner
    Not Smoker
    No Accidents

It is in like new condition

Loaded with Leather, DVD , 3rd row seats, tow package, moon roof plus more

Its as loaded an SE model you can get before it becomes an LE - its not the off road SE but it is 4x4