Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Armada Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• pmtrepmtre Member Posts: 55
    2008 LE 4WD Black with almond, captain chairs, nav, dvd,remote start(dealer add on) msrp $52,290 traded in my 04 LE 63k , dealer gave me $17,100 for the trade,
    10,700 off MSRP including $4500 rebate. MA tax ,tittle tags, doc fee, added $1600. I went for the Gold Plus Warranty 0 deductible 5 yr/ 75 k paid $1,250 for that. Dan from Nissan Village in Attleboro MA, went out to Albany to pick it up.

Quite impressed!
  • pulmccpulmcc Member Posts: 11
    I know the current cash back ending today is $4500. I don't know how long this promotion has been good and have been trying to find out previous cash back amounts on the Armada. With the economy being the way it is and gas prices, I imagine that fewer people will be buying full-size SUV's. Do you folks think that the cash back amount will increase perhaps after the current promotion ends?
  • murphdog1murphdog1 Member Posts: 11
    Congrats on the new rig.

I am looking at the same car. I just had a conversation with the salesguy who told me that he would take $9000 off MSRP (I know I will eventually get him to $10K off), but then he tells me I can't lease the truck. I ask him to find a 3rd party lease company so I can retain the rebate. I know the residuals and MF will still be decent. He tells me that those lenders only have open ended leases only and that I would be on the hook at the end of the lease for the difference between the residual and the then auction price....

Does all this sound kosher??
  • 909brian909brian Member Posts: 3
    I just purchased a silver 2008 Armada LE 4X2. It has the technology package, premium package, floor/cargo mats, cargo tray, and cargo net. The out the door price with tax and license was $40,443. I am in the Los Angeles area and the sales tax was $3,243 (7.75%) and license/registration/tire fee/smog abatement fees were a total of $345.

The dealer was West Covina Nissan. I did all the negotiation over the phone and internet with the internet department. I walked in took a quick test drive and bought the vehicle. Unfortunately with the President's Day sale they had going they were very busy and it still took us about 4 hours to get out the door.

It seems like a nice vehicle, but it is for my wife. This forum gave me some good information, so I wanted to pass along what I was able to get done. Hope this is helpful to all you out there looking to buy.
  • apollo1983apollo1983 Member Posts: 1
    2008 SE 4WD Smoke with Charcoal Cloth, msrp $42,600. Discount $5250 + $5000 Nissan rebate. There was a $699 Admin charge, and I purchase an extended warranty for $716 to extend to 5 yr/60k. Orlando, FL
  • padjflpadjfl Member Posts: 1
    2008 LE 2wd Soke/Charcoal, moonroof, floormats, cargo mat, windflector, cabin filter, MSRP 44320 dealer discount of $4500 $5000 rebate and made dealer match private banks 5.45 % for 60 months. No haggles no hassles in Plam Beach.
  • ampyourselfampyourself Member Posts: 2
    Just purchased a new 08 Armada for 28,5k. MSRP was well over 37,7. Fantastic vehicle. Purchased from Trophy Nissan in Mesquite and love it.
  • mseningenmseningen Member Posts: 27
    Looking at working on an SE or LE over the weekend.

I know the rebate is $4500 here in Texas -- what should I expect
    below invoice?

thanks,

m
  • lthaley756lthaley756 Member Posts: 21
    Looked at an LE today -we really like it but when I test drove it I Noticed the Odometer at 1600 miles! How unusual is this?! IF we decide to buy how much additional compensation should i get for the excess miles!
  • ampyourselfampyourself Member Posts: 2
    I would expect to pay $9000 or more under MSRP. Easily 4k under invoice.
    My goal is 10-11K under MSRP-- but your figure of 4K under invoice???? Where would this come from- dealer holdback is less than$1K and incentives maybe another 1K

Also I was considering asking for the AAA rate of 52 cents per mile for the 1600 miles already on the vehicle or an additional $832 that is fair and should be after any other negotiation-- If the vehicle had less than 200 miles I would understand but at 1600 someone has used this as a demonstrator or a service loaner vehicle - unless they drove the thing across country
  • keg97keg97 Member Posts: 189
    Do you plan to keep this vehicle for a good long time? I ask b/c unless I was getting a steal (14-15K under MSRP), I would not buy a truck that was broken in by somebody else who has no ownership stake in the vehicle. At the very least, I want would a sweet deal and get a free extended warranty.
    I do plan on keeping this vehicle a while- I certainly think the free extended warranty is a great suggestion- For a dealer to sell a vehicle 14-15K under MSRP--- Have you ever heard of anyone getting a vehicle this cheap?
  • keg97keg97 Member Posts: 189
    supply and demand. Somebody will buy that truck for something...the question becomes one of several variables. How much does the dealer want to move it? How much does a buyer want it? What is the cost? Again, personally, no way am I buying that truck, especially considering that you're planning to keep it.

What is the dealer offering you a "new" one for? What is the price difference btwn the used new one and the real new one?
    it is the only LE on the lot- it is coming in 2000 more than the SE models. MSRP for LE is 4000 more than SE

Checking other dealers further away for LE prices
  • bulldogfanbulldogfan Member Posts: 4
    Does your vehicle have a Sunroof and the DVD package? (Still learning the differences in the LE, SE trims). Also, does it have the "push a button" and the third seats fold down flat? Thanks for the information! :blush:
  • zoomzoomnzoomzoomn Member Posts: 143
    2008 SE 4X4

MSRP $42280

paid $34143 after rebates and discounts

bought at Pence Nissan in Midlothian, VA - very good buying experience!!!

:shades:
    For my completely loaded 2008 Armada LE straight from Nissan so no miles (see below for all the options) with all-season mats, Nissan hood protector/bug deflector, and Nissan Gold Preferred 7 year/100,000 extended warranty w/$50 deductible, I paid $44906 (included a $249.95 "procurement charge" which I didn't bother negotiating). The MSRP on the vehicle without the all-season mats and hood protector was $52,460.
    2008 Armada LE 4WD Smoke Preferred Package, Moonroof Package, In-cabin Microfilter, Tow Package, Technology Package, DVD Entertainment System, Splash Guards, Moonroof Wind Deflector, Carpeted Floor and Cargo Mats, Rear Cargo Net, Cargo Mat, Cargo Tray
  • matt04matt04 Member Posts: 6
    We test drove an '08 Armada LE 4wd, 5.7L V8 with DVD, Moonroof, Technology, preferred package and tow hitch/package (essentially all options). MSRP on Vehicle $52,500. Dealer 1st offer was $46,464 (he said this was $750 under invoice). Less $4,500 incentive brings price to $41,964. Dealer will finance for 4.9% for 60 months. Is $46,464 a good price given the current state of the economy and the price of gas?
    In today's market, I think you should be able to get around $1000 below invoice, or get them to throw in a few extras like the all season mats (the regular carpeted ones are already wearing and I don't even have 4K miles yet), a bug deflector, or something else. One thing I would do is look on the driver's door and see when that vehicle was manufactured. If it was over a year ago, I would point it out and use it to your advantage. Obviously, if it's still sitting on the lot, it's not selling.
    I would ask to have them throw in the all season mats, bug deflector and a few free oil changes The price is fair
  • marcogallo1986marcogallo1986 Member Posts: 1,164
    Not a bad price on this ormata Do what a nother poster said and get them to throw on sum free Oial Changes for one year that IS what we did when we got are Hundai santafy good luck with it it is a grate truck keep us all updated on this foram thankyou for reading.
  • go_mdx1go_mdx1 Member Posts: 135
    Newspaper in Raleigh is showing the Nissan dealers are offerring $15000 off of the Armada's. Went to the dealer and most of them on the lot are around $41000 MSRP - fairly well equipped.

You can buy a lot of gas for $15000:)
    So are you saying they are 26K after discount....

I'd agree -- that's a lot of fuel -- even @12MPG.

mike
    yes mike think that is rite ausam keep us updated on that thankyou so mutch for reading my posting Marco.
    What dealership is offering that kind of discount -- for what model.

A couple months ago -- I couldn't get the local one under $9k off (I was trying for 11k off at the time)

I'd be driving one if I got it 15K off.

m
  • gfas1gfas1 Member Posts: 2
    Looking into purchasing an SUV, love the armada's features but a little concerned with the leg room in the 3rd row. Does anyone find this to be a problem when the 3rd row is in use with teenagers?

Also, looking at one that is a 2008 new, fully loaded. The dealer has 5 LE's on the lot and 7 SE 2008's, with at least two 2009 Armadas on the lot. The sticker price of the one's I am looking at were $51,110 and $52,350. When we were there Sat. the price we got down to without much discussion was around $40,000 plus tax and registration. Going to go back this weekend, but what would be a fair price to offer?
  • gfas1gfas1 Member Posts: 2
    Just purchased a 2008 Armada LE 2x4 fully loaded (moonroof, tech. pkg, entertainment pkg, front and back splashgaurds, etc.) out the door with tax and tags $38,000.
    so you baught one saw boath of your postings did you go back to the same dealer and the took 2 grand off mor nice what color did you get with what interior color how do you like the truck and how was your byeing prosese thankyou for reading.
  • hebrewhammerhebrewhammer Member Posts: 34
    I just wanted to tell everyone that A LOT of dealers are offering a flat 40% of MSRP on new Frontiers, Armadas, Quests, Xterras and Titans.

No, I am not making this up. There are ads all over the place, from New Jersey to Kentucky to California.

Example: http://www.glennnissan.com/nissan/share/specials.php
    thankyou heabroohammer for this grate information for all of us. has anyone in new york baught one if so pleas post your deal thanks marco
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter with a large newswire would like to speak with consumers who purchased a truck or SUV in the past couple of months and received a good deal as demand was low because of gas prices. If you just purchased a truck or SUV recently, please respond to ctalati@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information no later than Monday, August 25th.
  • iontrapiontrap Member Posts: 139
    What kind of deals are out there right now? A local dealer has told me $10-$12k off of sticker, is it realistic to get more?
  • pygleepyglee Member Posts: 1
    A week ago, I purchased a Smoke 2008 Armada LE 4x4 with following options; DVD Entertainment system, Tow Package, LE Preferred package,...everything except sun-roof and tech package. The MSRP was 48k+. I was pushing for 34k + Tax + Tags + processing fee. I was countered with 35k + t + t + p. The dealer was offering the 5k cash back and another 8k+ off totalling 13k+ off. I decided to accept the counter offer with the condition of receiving all weather rubber mats and Garmin Nuvi 750. And I got it. I got it for 35k + t + t + p. 13k+ off.. can you believe it? I am really enjoying the SUV.
    nice that is a grate price not bad at all for getting one with all of the options but the sun roof nice. I am shore you will like it for years to come nissan makes grate stuff 2005 till the one that is out now are grate. good luck thanks for reading Marco.
  • iontrapiontrap Member Posts: 139
    Took a look at an 09 SE 4x2 this morning and was offered $7500 off. The price was tempting but the interest rate they were offering was 5.9%. My credit score is 704, so I figured 5.9 was a little to high, 2.9 may have made the difference.
    Hey yes it is a grate truck if you really want one I would shop around email adleast 10 dealers whair near you live I think you can get mor off that price mor then $7000 keep us updated thanks so mutch for reading Marco.
    any good deals on the ormata in sept hope the grate deals are cumming back anyone bye an ormota in sept keep us updated everyone thanks Marco.
  • kingfans1kingfans1 Member Posts: 137
    Hello I am looking to purchase 09 Nissan Armada LE 4x4 The car MSRP is $53,525, I am located in Reno, Nevada ( no dealer in Reno have it ). I have to purchase from California ( out of state ). How much do you think I should pay? Thanks for your advise...

09 Armada LE 4x4
    Total MSRP: $53,525.00
    options
    Front and Rear Splash Guards
    In-cabin Microfilter
    LE Preferred Package
    Tow Package
    LE Technology Package
    Nissan DVD Entertainment System
  • dwongswongdwongswong Member Posts: 62
    Kingfans1,

I would not pay more than $500 over invoice, before the $4,500 cash back or use the 0.9% financing. I just got a new 2008 for $1,500 below invoice, although the dealership in Tennessee offered me invoice for a 2009. Since there was no difference between the 2008 and 2009, I went with the better deal. Good Luck.
  • Nobleblue32Nobleblue32 Member Posts: 2
    There are two new 2007 Armada LE's on the local Nissan lot in south metro Atlanta; one is majestic blue and one is deep water blue. Both vehicles have navigation, rear view camera, chrome 18" wheels, power lift gate, XM, under 1200 miles, and sunroof. One of the SUVs has quad seating arrangement and the other has a rear bench. I ran a price check on edmunds and it suggested the price should be $26-28K for these vehicles but it was based on the fact that the vehicles were used. How much are these vehicles really worth since they are two years old but never sold? What is a good price to pay?
    hey I would pay that price good price for a fuolly lodedone nissan makes grate cars and trucks keep us updated on what you end up dooing thanks marco.
  • KMinor1025KMinor1025 Member Posts: 2
    I got a great deal this summer in West Virginia on a 2007 Nissan Armada LE (2wdr) only 19,720miles for 21,000 dollars. It runs great so far, had some issue with early morning squeaking brakes. Notified dealer and they replaced them along with new rotors.
  • Nobleblue32Nobleblue32 Member Posts: 2
    That was an awesome deal!! Was it a demo model or did you purchase it as a pre-owned?
  • tonyg41tonyg41 Member Posts: 17
    So I went to a dealership by me last night and I was show 2009 armada smoke grey color with just the driver package in it and the car is really nice and i loved it so i told the guy run the numbers the MSRP was 43,765 and I told him bottom line is I want to finance it and i want it for 500 a month with 2500 down the guy comes back to me and says this is there final offer and wont let him back in the office about this deal which this was the first offer I made so I don't know why he said that but anyways with 2500 down they would finance me out to 82 months! at 579 a month at the end of the financing it comes out to shy of 50k by about 3,000 dollars I said that's ridiculous and I think we are done here and acourse they asked for my email and they already got my address and phone number in beginning and he said he hoped they would give him another offer he could email me I said alright and thanks for his time and such. I left there kinda feeling shafted and they were playing games with me but the car is to say the least decently fit with driver package but it doesn't have alot of extras and to boot the car must have been sitting for so long in the lot because the guy had to jump the car to bring it around and show me it so obviously armadas aren't selling there.Do you think my offer was unreasonable or am I asking for fair amount with this deal?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    $500 per month for 60 months... @4.9%
    + $2500 down

= $28,000

That's almost $16K off MSRP..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Well the deal I was offering the dealer was 500 a month for 72 months at 3.9 which is Nissan's financing deal right now which comes out to 36000 plus my 2500 down which brings the price to 38500 which only brings me 5k under the MSRP that doesn't sound fair?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    The dealer doesn't see any of the interest.... which is about $4000..

So.. now you are at $34,500.... not $38,500...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Ahh that's right I forgot to factor that in. So then what would be a reasonable offer or amount I should work around?
  • kingfans1kingfans1 Member Posts: 137
    if you are financin $36,000 3.9 % APR 72 months. interest will be $4434. Nissan offer 1.9 % or $4,500 cash back.. If you have credit score 700 or better, you can able to finance it for 1.9%.

I am lookin for new full size SUV too. I fall in love with Nisasn Armada. But I heard armada are not reliable as Toyota sequoia.. I probably buyin 08 toyota sequoia....