Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Tacoma 2005+

Comments

• lexi4lifelexi4life Member Posts: 181
    When does it arrive in showrooms?
  • dantheman353dantheman353 Member Posts: 1
    The new 2005 doesn't hit showrooms until late September/early October... no MSRP available yet either.
  • atlgaxtatlgaxt Member Posts: 501
    I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I think that is one good looking truck, and I for one am looking forward to seeing them in real life.

I've got a Mazda B4000 now (which is on an ancient platform), and want something slightly bigger and newer. IMHO, the new Tacoma is much better looking than the new 2005 Frontier and better looking than the new 2005 Dakota. The GM twins (Canyon / Colorado) don't look bad, but the cheap interiors and weak-kneed 5 cyl. engines really put me off.

One question - is the new wider design going to keep this baby from going up on two wheels? I hope so. In any case, just to be safe my next 4wd truck will definitely have stability control and side curtain airbags, both of which I understand the Tacoma will offer.
  • rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    I see the new Tacoma, Frontier, and Dakota are all going to be considerably wider than the out-going models. I wonder if any of these new vehicles will be able to handle a sheet of plywood flat on the floor between the rear wheelhouses?

Bob
    The Tacoma and 4 Runner look so similar, does anyone know if they are on a similar platform?

Which brings up two other issues. At first, I figured the 4.0 V6 would have plenty of power and that a V8 option was not really needed. But now that I have heard the 4.7 will be bumped up from 235 hp to 282 hp, a V8 sounds more interesting. If the Tacoma and 4Runner are related, it seems dropping the new V8 would be simple. Has anyone heard about any such plans? Maybe Toyota is worried a larger Tacoma with the V8 would hurt the Tundra. Might they put a V8 in the Tacoma after they come out with a new larger Tundra?

Also, the 4 Runner comes with an optional AWD system. Is the Tacoma planned for this, or will it just be part time 4wd? I am liking this new Tacoma, but a V8 Tacoma with full time capability for 4wd would be awesome.
  • demoncleanerdemoncleaner Member Posts: 82
    I saw the new 05 Double Cab pics, it looks awesome (and ready for delivery soon I hope). The other good news is the new V6 (and V8 for that matter) in the 05 Tundra. The hp numbers are very respectable, but what blew me away was the incredible fuel mileage increase. The new V6 in the Tundra was 18-19 city/25 highway. Since the Tundra is bigger and heavier can expect at least that or better in the Tacoma. After all the years of increase car technology, safety, whatever, FINALLY a car manufacturer did something about the mileage in a truck...Its got Direct injection and VVT usually seen in new 4 bangers. Maybe this was the reason for all the hush-hush. While Dodge and Nissan fight over who will have the biggest engine, Toyota has created a motor with such an increase in efficency that the others are probably scrambling how to counter. Now if Toyota would please have the 6 spd manual in the 4x4 double cab I'd almost sure of my next vehicle purchase....
  • mh3mh3 Member Posts: 11
    I have reliable info from TMS that there will be a 6-speed manual available for 4WD doublecabs.

I will get a chance to drive the new Tacomas mid-October (just before/during the launch), I'll try to update then.
  • rcross12rcross12 Member Posts: 3
    I am sick of and tired of searching the web for the latest innuendo regarding the 2005 Tacoma ... The vague language that Toyota Mis-Marketing uses is driving me up the wall. Launch Date - It is not a freaking ship, it is a truck, the launch date was 4-2-2004 in Chicago.
    Release Date - Toyota for some reason cannot even provide of an estimate of when they will release more information regarding a this product's pricing, availability or options.
    Order Date - I know it is dangerous to assume anything but does it not seem logical and reasonable that before the items are delivered to retail stores that a MANUFACTER would know the MSRP, color options, etc? What follows is a recreation of my contact with via the "Official" Toyota Website:

Begin Umptenth email ------
    The latter part of this email contains a query and response thread from April 6-7,2005 included for your enjoyment. Seems we are getting closer to the "launch date" Is it possible Toyota Customer Service (TCS)has any new information ...

1. Does anyone at Toyota Customer Service (TCS) know what the "launch date" is for the 2005 Toyota Tacoma X-Runner? (From the Chicago Auto show press release Don Esmond indicates the X-Runner will be at the dealerships in August ... not quite fall, more like late summer ... and from Toyota's own web site "the all-new next-generation Tacoma arrives in showrooms this summer" this indicates someone in marketing has a date sometime during the summer months in mind ... If TCS does not have any more information than what can be found in the press releases, can TCS please try and contact someone that may have knowledge of any updated information? Can TCS determine if it is going to be released at the begining of August or at end of August?

2. Will pricing information, color selection, etcetera for the 2005 Tacoma X-Runner be available before the "launch date"? Assuming a "Yes" answer to the previous question; How much before the "launch date" will this information be released? a week? a month?, six weeks? Again a suitable answer is as specific as practical.

Sincerely,
    Prospective Customer
    Any Place USA

Response (CSR1) 04/07/2004 06:53 AM
    Thank you for contacting Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.
    We apologize that you feel our response was not adequate.
    As previously stated, we do not currently have any information regarding the 2005 Tacoma available at this time other than the information listed on our website. Information on the vehicle will be available closer to the launch date. Typically the new models arrive in the fall.
    Your email has been documented at our National Headquarters under file #XXXXXXX. If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us.
    Toyota Customer Experience

Customer (Prospective Customer) 04/06/2004 12:06 PM
    TCS wrote >> Information on the 2005 Tacoma will be available closer to the launch date. Typically the new models arrive in the fall.

How could Toyota Customer Service (TCS) consider this an answer? I would appreciate straight forward answers to my questions. As far as I am concerned every week that goes by is closer to the "launch date". When does TCS expect to begin answering questions about their upcoming products, when the products are released? If TCS cannot provide answers to my questions please say so and begin the process to find the answers.

1. What is the "launch date"? (From the Chicago Auto show press release Don Esmond indicates the X-Runner will be at the dealerships in August ... not quite fall, more like late summer ... and from Toyota's own web site "the all-new next-generation Tacoma arrives in showrooms this summer" this indicates someone in marketing has a date sometime during the summer months in mind ... please try and narrow the answer down to a two week period (i.e. 2nd or 3rd week of June)

2. Will pricing information, color selection, etcetera for the 2005 Tacoma X-Runner be available before the "launch date"? If so how much before the "launch date" a week? a month, six weeks? Again a suitable answer is as specific as practical.

I am well aware of the FAQ and model updates, I am already enrolled.

Sincerely,

Prospective Customer

Response (CSR1) 04/06/2004 10:36 AM
    We appreciate your interest in the Tacoma X-Runner.
    Information on the 2005 Tacoma will be available closer to the launch date. Typically the new models arrive in the fall. To receive information as it becomes available, please subscribe to our Current and Future Models FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions).
    We are committed to manufacturing high quality vehicles that exemplify innovative design, styling, dependability and durability. In an effort to maintain the quality that is evident in our previous vehicle models, we continue to pay close attention to the detail in our future models.
    Again, thank you for your interest!
    Your email has been documented ...

Customer (Prospective Customer) 04/05/2004 12:19 PM
    When is the 2005 Tacoma X-Runner pricing, color selection, etcetera slated for release? Is there a date that I will be able to order the vehicle from my dealer in advance of the general availability in August?

Thanks,

Prospective Customer
    End Umptenth email ------

Begin Umptenth response ------
    Response (CSR2) 06/17/2004 10:00 AM

We appreciate your interest in the all-new 2005 Tacoma X-Runner.

We apologize; we have not announced a "specific" launch date. Therefore, pricing information and other specifications have not been released just yet.

In the meantime, you can see some general information by clicking on the following links to press releases:

2005 Tacoma X-Runner Preliminary Specifications
    Toyota Unveils All-New 2005 Next-Generation Tacoma Pickup Truck At 2004 Chicago Auto Show

You can also click on the following link to sign up to receive updates:

http://www.toyota.com/toyota/vehicles/future/xrunner/updates.jsp

Thanks again for your inquiry and we sincerely appreciate your interest.

Your email has been documented at our National Headquarters under file #XXXXXXXXX. If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

End Umptenth Response-----

Begin PO'd Prospective Customer email ------
    Customer (PO'd Prospective Customer) 06/17/2004 03:16 PM
    FYI "Q" means question "A" means answer

>> Q1. Does anyone at Toyota Customer Service (TCS) know what the "launch date" is for the 2005 Toyota Tacoma X-Runner?

>> A1. No

>> Q1.a. If TCS does not have any more information than what can be found in the press releases, can TCS please try and contact someone that may have knowledge of any updated information?

c
    >> A1.a "We apologize ..."

I assume this means TCS is unwilling or unable to escalate or communicate my request to any other group or division within Toyota to obtain an answer ...

>> Q1.b. Can TCS determine if it is going to be released at the begining of August or at end of August?

>> A1.a. "... we have not announced a "specific" launch date ..."

I suppose this means TCS does not know the "specific" launch date for this vehicle and continues to be unwilling or unable to escalate or communicate my request to any other group or division within Toyota to obtain an answer ...

>> Q2.a. Will pricing information, color selection, etcetera for the 2005 Tacoma X-Runner be available before the "launch date"?

>> A2.a "... pricing information and other specifications have not been released just yet"

So until Toyota has a "specific" launch date for the vehicle the pricing is released when???

>> Q2.b. How much before the "launch date" will this information be released? a week? a month?, six weeks?

>> A2.a There is no discernable answer to this question in the TCS response

To paraphrase
    a. The launch date is nebulous
    b. Pricing may or may not be released before the launch date ... I do not know and TCS does not seem to know or much care how to answer that question

I would like to place an order for this vehicle. I would like to know how much something is going to cost before I purchase or in this case place an order. It seems logical and reasonable that before the items are delivered to retail stores that a manufacturer would know the MSRP.
    End PO'd Prospective Customer email ------

Begin PO'd Prospective Customer response
    Response (CSR3) 06/28/2004 09:28 AM

We apologize that we are unable to provide you with the information you are seeking.

Toyota has not announced the launch date and pricing information for the 2005 Tacoma. We are sorry that we are unable to provide you with this information ahead of any public announcement. When Toyota finalizes this information and decides to release it to the general public, they will post the information on our web site and issue a press release.

You may also wish to visit the Current and Future Models Frequently Asked Question (FAQ), where you can request to be updated as information becomes available on the 2005 models.

We appreciate your feedback - Somehow this whole exercise was a bit like being caught in feedback loop - RC. Your email has been documented at our National Headquarters under file #XXXXXXX. If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us via email or by calling 800-331-4331. We are available from 6 AM to 6 PM, Pacific Time, Monday through Friday.

Begin PO'd Prospective Customer end ----
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    I understand that you are angry because you didn't get what you wanted; however, Toyota has traditionally been tight-lipped about upcoming models. Quite often, these decisions not to release information are business decisions, and based on keeping a competitive advantage. By not releasing details to you, they are also not releasing design, availability, or pricing details to GMC, Nissan, Dodge, etc. This is not an unusual practice for businesses, and has always been the case with Toyota (and Honda).

While we would all love to have more information, I don't think you'll find overwhelming sympathy from other members here - especially as your notes to Toyota seem to have taken on an increasingly demanding tone. Did you anticipate that, by e-mailing them, they would release information solely to you that was not released to the general public? Were you anticipating that they would change their marketing strategy because you were ready to place an order? It is not at all clear what you were trying to accomplish by asking for proprietary information, but if the dealers here don't know it yet, then it's likely not been released outside of a very small circle.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• toycashtoycash Member Posts: 139
    The Double Cab will be available with a 6-spd. on the 4x4 short bed model.

The current estimated on sale date for the Tacoma is 10/18. Dealers will probably receive their first allocation of ordered Tacomas at the end of August, meaning vehicles scheduled for production. Toyota will, of course, release more information like pricing around that time and not before.
    Wow. This is the first I heard about direct injection on the new Toyota engines. I sure hope the Tacoma gets it. Otherwise it would be sad (and would not make sense) if the Tundra gets better fuel economy than the Tacoma.

This would seal the deal for me in terms of getting a Tacoma. I really don't need a huge truck, and because of my parking situation at work, If I had a bigger truck I would have to pay to park it at a remote lot.
    Did you anticipate that, by e-mailing them, they would release information solely to you that was not released to the general public?

No, what I expected was that when the boss (Esmond) said the truck would be available this August he meant what he said. I believe it is quite clear what I expected from them and I am certain they have dates in mind for these items.

Were you anticipating that they would change their marketing strategy because you were ready to place an order?

No, I was expecting that they would understand what I was asking for. I was not asking for them to divulge their prices options etc only for the estimate of the date that information will be available. All I can make of Toyota "strategy" is to tell me the customer, my concerns do not matter. Do you think they picked up the phone or even routed my concerns to marketing? I have no evidence of it. When I compare the treatment I have received from Toyota Customer Service vs Subaru Of America. Subaru treated me as if I had a brain, and forwarded my concerns to the proper department. They may not have given me the answer I wanted to hear but at least they listened to me and worked to resolve my questions. Toyota on the other hand choose to revise the press release available on their website as to omit the reference to August and choose not to lift a finger to resolve the issue.
  • i_luv_toyotai_luv_toyota Member Posts: 350
    It's about time we are getting the low down on the new 2005 Tacomas.

And I must say it looks schweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!

Make mine a Double Cab or XtraCab with 4WD, please.
    OK - I think the assumption has been that the 4.0 V6 in the new Tacoma will put out 245 hp and 280+/- lb ft of torque, because that is what the 4 Runner has.

Now I hear the the Toyota 4.7 V8 will be bumped up from 235 to 282 and direct injection will be added (part of that increase is probably due to other changes also).

I also hear the 4.0 V6 will also get direct injection. It seems that power would go up some. The Isuzu 3.5 V6 went from 230 hp to 250 hp, with a similar increase in torque with the addition of direct injection. Unfortunately that great engine was not enough to save the Rodeo and Axiom, but that is another topic.

Has anyone heard what the Toyota 4.0 V6 will put out with direct injection?
  • vixtervixter Member Posts: 34
    The specs. I have indicate it will have 240hp @ 5,200 RPM & 282 lb.ft. torque @ 3,800 RPM.. They will retain the same SMPEFI (Seq. multiport elec. F.I.) as in the V6 4Runner. Though I have no specs. on the upgraded V8 as of now, my guess is that it will be rated in the 270hp range continuing a similar disparity in hp numbers like the current 4Runner V8 vs. Tundra V8.

Vic
    Well, my earlier assumption that the Tacoma would get the "new" VVT & Direct injection version of the 4.0 v6 may be wrong then... If your right vixter looks the the current 4.0 v6 in the current 4 runner will be put in tacoma. IF so the bigger tundra with the new v6 will be pulling 3-4 mpg more than the smaller tacoma with the current v6. Damn, I was hoping have the cake and eat it too, ie to have a crew cab 4x4 pulling 25 mpg. 06' I guess....but who knows maybe toyota will surprise us?
    I would hate it if they give the Tundra these great new engines and keep them away from the Tacoma.

However, when you consider the new larger Tacoma will probably overlap with the not quite full sized Tundra, I could see Toyota being worried that the Tacoma would steal sales from the Tundra. So maybe once they come out with the new and bigger Tundra they will put the new VVT direct injection V6 and maybe even the new V8 in the Tacoma.
  • spleckspleck Member Posts: 114
    Why doesn't anyone realize that the Tundra Double Cab is BIGGER than the Titan, F-150, 1500, etc? Find a DC with a 6-foot bed without going to a F-250.

I'm still hoping Toyota will surpise us (and those that have early information). They could put a V6 with GDI or even a V8 in the Tacoma DC and not have overlap.

Toyota needs to realize that they are going to hurt sales of the Tacoma in order to protect sales of the Tundra. They just need to accept the decrease in Tundra sales until the remodel.
  • novanova Member Posts: 135
    I spoke to a large toyota dealer in south Florida. They are making the 2005's now. They have the v v t v6. He told me to call him in 2 weeks and he should be able to tell me when they will arrive on the lot so I can test drive one. Called toyota customer service thy know nothing and have no brochure on the 2005.This will be my first [non-permissible content removed] truck.Maybe someone on this board lives in the city that the tacoma is made in can give more info.
  • rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    I see there is a power outlet in the rear bed of the '05 X-Runner. Does anybody know if this is a 12v outlet or a 120v outlet?

Bob
  • tacomanewbetacomanewbe Member Posts: 5
    Hi NOVA,

What souuth florida dealership are you thinking about? I too am very interested in the New X-Runner. I live in West Palm Beach.

Thanks
  • tacomanewbetacomanewbe Member Posts: 5
    Hi NOVA,

What south Florida dealership are you thinking about? I too am very interested in the New X-Runner. I live in West Palm Beach.

Thanks
    I spoke to jene the internet guy at marrone and john at palm beach toyota. I will call them both in a coouple of weeks to check on their incoming trucks. When I buy a new vehicle I decide on the exact options and color i want and I send out e. mails to every toyota dealer within 50 to 100 miles. Who ever gives me the best price is were I buy. I am looking for red ext. gray int.crew cab V6 auto with the pkg that the bumpers are painted
    Wow that is a good looking truck. It looks huge and it definitely seems to have the presence of a real truck. I cannot wait to see one in real life.
  • vixtervixter Member Posts: 34
    We are not expecting our first 05 Taco til late Oct. up here in Western Canada.
    I was just looking at the most recent pictures posted of the red truck. Either that truck is huge (really close to full sized) or the guys standing next to it are really short.

It's not beyond an automaker to use a misleading photo, as I remember looking at a picture of a golden retriever in the back of a Forester in a Subaru brochure. When I looked closely and did some measurements on my own Forester, I figured they either chopped the photo or used a miniature dog, about half the size of a normal golden.
  • moparbadmoparbad Member Posts: 3,870
    Plastic bumpers? Booo! A truck needs real bumpers!
  • tripowertomtripowertom Member Posts: 7
    That is one Sweeeet looking truck.....hey teamgekko do you have any more photos???? My money is in the bank collecting a whopping 1.5%...I can hardly wait to go see my local toyota man and lay the green down.

I will mostly likely try and get another winter out of the old ford ('93 ranger) but will have no regrets when I put it on the front lawn for $500.

I know that the 05's have not yet landed at the dealers but has anybody heard anything about what upgrades/changes toyota is planning for the 06 taco????? My wife purchased a new 4-runner in 03 an that ride has been flawless.....really looking forward to this new tacoma.
    Typically, when a model is redesigned, the following year gets nearly no changes other than corrections of TSBs, etc. Normally, only the packages/options change, sometimes to make the vehicle a better value (ie more standard options, or more powerful stereo, etc).

If any big changes are coming, they'll be in the 2007 Taco to align with the new Tundra. If the rumors are true, the Tundra will probably end up with a 5.5L V8, allowing Toyota to put the 4.7L in the Tacoma. I have no idea if the Tundra will come with all three engines (4.0L V6).

It's possible that Toyota may give the 4.0L in the Tacoma GDI in 06 (and not 05 as some were hoping), meaning about a 2-6 mpg increase. The Tundra was anticipating a 6 mpg increase on the 4.7L, but the stickers are only showing a 2 mpg increase.
    With all the people that visit and post on this forum dont we have one person who works at the TACOMA plant that can keep us better informed then toyota and the dealers?
  • steine13steine13 Member Posts: 2,818
    That's a nice double entendre... if there really were someone here who works there, perhaps they'd like to keep their job...?
    I'm pretty sure most manufacturers keep an eye on these forums and make sure everything is on the up and up.
    -Mathias
    Sure toyota is a top secret operation
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Toyota has traditionally been tight-lipped about upcoming redesigns - so has Honda, for the record. As with most companies these days, I imagine Toyota requires their employees to sign confidentiality agreements, stating that they may not reveal proprietary information. This would, of course, include any information on future models that has not been revealed to the public via press release.

By not revealing pricing & feature information prematurely to the consumer, Toyota is also not releasing this information to their competitors. If pricing/styling/features were released earlier, the competition would have that much extra time to work on their improvements, thus reducing any additional profit that Toyota could reap by having a unique product on the market for the longest possible period of time.

So, while we're grateful to our Toyota dealers for revealing what information they've got, we have to respect our members' professional positions and their responsibilities to Toyota. In other words, we've just got to be patient, no matter how much it hurts!

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

OK, deep breath, now release. Here's the goods, for real...

www.pickuptruck.com
    Good looks, good power and up to 6,500 lbs towing in a midsized truck.

Sweet!
  • hkingshkings Member Posts: 74
    I spoke to someone at Longo Toyota near me in Southern California. They are the largest Toyota dealer in the nation, I think worldwide as well. Anyway, they gave me some specific dates on the 05 Tacoma. They told me Sept 20th would be the day Production starts, and they would hit the Longo Toyota lots Oct. 18th.

Considering they are the #1 Toyota dealer worldwide, I think their date may be fairly accurate however I would take any info with a grain of salt when it comes to dealers. However they have proved to be the most helpful so far regarding release dates. They didnt have any pricing info yet though.

Hope this helps!
    There sure are a lot of "largest dealers in the nation"... That line must be part of salesman training.
  • sbell4sbell4 Member Posts: 446
    There is only one "largest volume" in the world and it is Longo. No one else is even close. We sell a lot of Toyotas, #1 volume in Alabama, but they sell about what we sell in a year in a two month period. Other dealers have trucks deliver to the dealerships, they have rail cars.
  • prd2729prd2729 Member Posts: 4
    The new Tacoma may have increased its payload to get up with the REAL american trucks, but who wants to drive something that looks like an egg roll on wheels?
    An eggroll? Not sure how it looks like an eggroll, as it looks a whole lot nicer than the junk that Dodge, Chevy and Ford put out (Minus the F-150, which does look nice). On top of that it's 100 times more reliable. But thats ok, I'll be getting one close to it's release, as this truck has already been pre-rated by Edmunds.com as one of the best Mid/Compact Trucks being produced for 2005, if not ever.

http://www.edmunds.com/future/2005/toyota/tacoma/100251681/previe- w.html?tid=edmunds.h..wkedmunds.firstdrive.2.*
  • rorrrorr Member Posts: 3,630
    I sure wouldn't want to drive an eggroll on wheels either. Fortunately, the Tacoma looks nothing like an eggroll.

Other oriental foods that the Tacoma does NOT look like: fried rice, sweet&sour pork, sushi, or kung pao chicken. Although there just MAY be a hint of fortune cookie in the front bumper cover...
    An eggroll? Not sure how it looks like an eggroll, as it looks a whole lot nicer than the junk that Dodge, Chevy and Ford put out (Minus the F-150, which does look nice). On top of that it's 100 times more reliable. But thats ok, I'll be getting one close to it's release, as this truck has already been pre-rated by Edmunds.com as one of the best Mid/Compact Trucks being produced for 2005, if not ever.

http://www.edmunds.com/future/2005/toyota/tacoma/100251681/previe- w.html?tid=edmunds.h..wkedmunds.firstdrive.2.*
  • ltmarltmar Member Posts: 45
    I probably would have already bought a current version crew cab if they came with a manual transmission. I will consider buying a 2005 V-6 4x4 TRD crew cab but I will be very disappointed if they don't offer the 6-speed. Are there others that agree and does anyone know if the 6-speed will be available in the crew cab?
  • solaryellowsolaryellow Member Posts: 10
    Yes, there will be a 6-speed manual offered on the V6 4X4 Double Cab. Also on the V6 PreRunner Double Cab.

Oh, and yes, Longo is not only the largest Toyota dealer in the world, they're the largest CAR dealer in the world. They routinely sell over 20,000 cars a year.
  • 1989redtoy1989redtoy Member Posts: 1
    Anybody have some information on whether the new Tacoma will be having a sunroof/moonroof? The Tundra D-Cab has the best sunroof out there, so I'm wondering if the D-Cab Tacoma will be getting one as well.
  • solaryellowsolaryellow Member Posts: 10
    Sorry, no moonroof option.

And I should clarify that the Double Cab / manual transmission combination is only with the short bed. The Double Cab long bed is available with the 5 speed automatic transmission only.
    Ok, so 6 spd manual available w/ crew cab short box 4x4... I can live with that. Wonder if it can be had in Off-road TRD and regular SR5 model too.. I see all the driving doohickeys (HAC, DAC, TRAC ,and VDC) appear to be available on the auto tranny (like todays 4runner), any of that on the manual? Only care about the VDC (stability control), would be nice to have that option for the interstate snow storm driving. I suppose if not, the manual being "naked" of all driving doohickeys should be substantially cheaper than the auto.
    Hey Solaryellow,

Im assuming from your posts that you work for Toyota in some respect and have some info on options for the 05 Tacoma. Do you have a complete list of options (or pricing) for the new 05 Tacoma yet? Id love to see the whole thing, but if not, do you know if any type of Navigation/GPS/DVD system will be available for the 05's much like is available in the 4-Runner?

My last question is, do you have any additional information on when the 05's will hit dealer lots.

I understand that you may have to keep pretty tight-lipped still so any and all info is truly appreciated!

Thanks!