Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Sentra Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• cooljcoolj Posts: 15
    I have a chance to purchase a 2002 Sentra GXE auto with only 33,000 miles on it. Clean inside and runs great. Some dings and knicks to the exterior. I can get it for $3,900. Any comments please!!!!!
  • I've seen a stripped down S model here in San Antonio for $14,248.00 so hope that helps some, MSRP on that one is $18,130.00
  • ovyboxovybox Posts: 21
    Great price. I paid $15.2K OTD for a 2008 2.0 S CVT without the leather, bluetooth and remote key. But that was in July 2008 and the recession was not upon us.
  • steven39steven39 Posts: 636
    looking at a 2010 nissan sentra sr auto down here in sunny but cold south fla.

msrp for car is $18,130.00

what's a good price i should pay for this vehicle without any rebates??
  • I have a nissian sentra for sale it needs a tranmission
    christmas20082009.ecrater.com
  • I have bought 3 cars from them in the last 3 years and never had any problems with them. I did deal with thw people you talked about, so i can't comment on them specifically.
  • rit2rit2 Posts: 2
    I want to buy a new Nissan Sentra 2009 (if available) or 2010 model 2.0S. What would be a appropriate deal in Dallas area? Anyone getting less than $15,500+TTL?

Please advice. Thanks,
  • alamocityalamocity Posts: 680
    I've seen one of the local dealers has a 2010 S model with floor mats for $14,259 (MSRP of $17,990) so you might target that price.
  • rit2rit2 Posts: 2
    Hi, thannk you very much for your reply. Can you please let me know which dealer offered this price ($14,259)? Thanks,
  • alamocityalamocity Posts: 680
    Gunn Nissan in San Antonio
  • manmanmmanmanm Posts: 7
    Could post your final price? Don't know what is a suitable price for 2.0S
  • surengsureng Posts: 2
    I bought the vehicle for $16,250 out the door with 5.9% financing for 5 yrs. With a Yes they have taken my old car as trade in They quoted for $2,200 i new that is not the cost of my car it will be only $750. The car has bluetooth, keyless entry and splash guard, But it doesnt have the Fog lamp. The rate what i bought is expensive....
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,784
    I just drove home in my new 2.0 S, in silver. I wasn't planning on getting a new car, and was looking for used cars. But I couldn't find anything decent in a used car for much under $9000 (and whenever I did, it was already sold). Then I saw the lease special on the Sentra, and figured I'd see what I could do. I would up getting the 2.0 S with mats and mud guards for $179/month, 39 months, 12k miles a year, with only the first payment up front. I was looking for 0 out of pocket, so to push me over the edge, the dealer (Feldmann in Bloomington, MN) threw in a Garmin GPS and a portable DVD player. The residual is pretty high ($11k), so if I can't negotiate that down at end of lease (which I did on the last Sentra I leased from NMAC) I'll probably turn the car in.

It was a pleasant and relatively quick buying experience (I've leased two other Sentras from Feldmann, in the '90s), maybe because they also have a Mercedes dealership next door. I did have a quote from another dealership to bargain with ($189/month, 0 out of pocket) which made it easy to negotiate. BTW, I used the Edmunds.com dealer locator tool to contact Feldmann. I also used it for 3 other dealerships in the area (and contacted another directly), and only heard back from one of them (Wayzata Nissan), which provided very prompt and courteous service through Internet sales, but could not match Feldmann's deal. Luther Nissan (which I contacted directly) also provided very responsive service via Internet sales--they were my fall-back option.

I am pleased with the deal I got. Feldmann had a 2.0 S just like mine on the showfloor, with a sign touting a $259/month lease with 0 out of pocket--or about $75 a month more than my deal. I figure a good used car, if around $9000 plus T&L, would have run about the same monthly payment if I wanted 0 out of pocket, at 4.29% for 60 months. And I got a brand-new car with all the latest safety features (well, not ESC), features like iPod interface, no repair worries, and low maintenance costs (probably 2 oil changes a year based on how I drive). Plus the GPS and DVD player will come in handy. And Feldmann offers free manicures and chair massages every Thursday--which I know my wife will take full advantage of! :D
  • moofndocmoofndoc Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2010 Nissan Sentra SL w/ navigation, leather seats, fog lights, splash guards, and sunroof. I paid $20,600. MSRP is $21,500. I got 0% interest for 5 years. Is this a good deal?
  • tomcatt630tomcatt630 Posts: 124
    Not to make anyone feel bad, but the best time to ask about 'good deal' is before buying. If you get it below MSRP out the door, then it's a good deal. The SL is loaded and should hold value in long run. Just enjoy the ride.
  • craigmricraigmri Posts: 243
    Just purchased a new 2011 Sentra 2.0 6-speed. Only options were floor mats, splash guards and aftermarket window tint. Paid $13,700 Out The Door!!!!!!! This was a straight forward deal with no trade involved. With a window sticker of $16,520 I feel I got a good deal. My Out The Door price included the Nissan $2500 rebate, dealer discounts, all fees, tag transfer, sales tax(6.5%) etc..

Very surprising how little attention the Sentra gets. We were able to get this Sentra for about the same price as a Versa and after driving both it was a no-brainer. The car drives MUCH better than I thought a car this size should. The Nissan quality seems great. A little concerned about the vehicle assembled in Mexico but I see no quality issues as of yet.

Since we got the base model we dont have cruise control, the stereo is kinda weak and it doesn't have keyless entry. We intend on addressing these short comings in the next few months.

Craig
    Yes, the Sentra is a much better car than the Versa (except no hatch and less back seat leg room on the Sentra). I've had one for 8 months and it's been a great car, problem and rattle-free. I rented a Versa this week with 15k on it, and it felt like it was 10 years old--more rattles than my 7-year-old Elantra. It felt very cheap, in many ways (loose suspension, clunky HVAC controls, thin doors etc.). The Sentra seems much more upscale, and as you said not really more money. The lease on my Sentra is less than the leases the dealer was offering on the Versa last April.

Enjoy your new car!
    Backy,

I had no idea you are driving a Sentra! I've enjoyed your posts for years in the Hyundai/Kia forums. I too am a huge Hyundai fan and have watched them grow to a force in the auto industry. I've owned many but when I tried to score an Elantra(which was a 2010) I couldn't match the Sentra deal. When I compared the specs between the two vehicles I found them to be quite similar so I decided to save some money and get the 2011 instead of the 2010 Hyundai. First time I can recall passing on Hyundai because they cost too much!!!

I'll admit though, the 2011 Elantra is stunning and I would love to drive one but this Sentra is for my 17 year old son and I'm funding it and wanted to keep it as reasonable as possible while getting all the modern safety features. We started looking at used cars but for the price of this Sentra why go used?

Craig
    edited December 2010
    That sounds familiar! I needed to add a car last April and I wanted something with low payments, nothing out of pocket, and a good reliable commuter car. First I looked used, but with used car prices skyrocketing, I figured out I could lease a new car for the same payment or less than a used car. At that time, the Sentra had the best deal I could find on a car I liked--just $179/month sign-and-drive. Plus the dealer tossed in a free GPS and DVD player. At that time, the 2010 Elantra cost more. More recently, I am seeing leases for the Elantra GLS very close to that, but not for 39 months, which is a good timeframe for me. I have been pleased with the Sentra to date. Fuel economy has been good, and I like the overall smoothness & refinement of the car--CVT, ride, controls. I may not keep it at lease end though--the residual is pretty high in order to keep those payments down. But that's fine, there'll be several good choices when it's time to replace it in mid-2013, including a new Sentra (should be out by then), the new Elantra and Accent, the Cruze and Focus (and maybe the Fiesta), the Forte (now with a 5-door), and the Civic and Corolla should be redesigned by then also. And I can always look used then, e.g. the Elantra Touring and Rabbit/Golf. Lots of good options.
  • sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,812
    Daughter bought this going on two years now & it's been a great car...smooth riding and super comfortable in front or back...she's still thrilled and so are we. The Sentra, which we crossed shopped at the same time, just didn't meet her needs or wants. Also being a previous Sentra owner who dumped it at 36k because of unfixable problems, the Versa was the clear winner.

Great little car and I especially like the higher front seat for my spinal issues...a better seat than my Civic!

The Sandman :sick: :shades:

2015 Audi A3 (wife)/2015 Golf SE (me)/2009 Nissan Versa SL Hatch (daughter #1)/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS (daughter #2)

edited December 2010
    To be more specific about my Sentra deal here are the exact figures and how they broke down:

$14,031 Nissan Sentra 2.0 6-speed(Nissan Floor Mats, Nissan Splash guards, Aftermarket window tint)
    $799 Dealer fee
    $40 Tag service
    $90 Eservices
    $5 Florida new tire fee
    $1.50 Battery fee
    ----------
    $14,966.45 Taxable amount

$897.99 Sales Tax
    $50 County Tax
    $264 Tag transfer and renewal

-$2500 Nissan Rebate
    ------------
    $13678.44
    $2 DMV trust fund
    ---------------
    $13, 680.44 OUT THE DOOR

Yes the fees are laughable but what matters is the bottom line and they were by far the best OTD price in Florida on the three remaining 6-speeds Sentras.

Also neglected to mention that my dealer provides 2 years of recommended service at no change and a 3rd party lifetime powertrain warranty(take that for what its worth if anything).

Craig
  • ssnssn Posts: 5
    I'm getting the following offer deal...

2011 Nissan Sentra 4 dr Sedan I4 CVT 2.0S + Convenience Package + Floor mat set + front \ rear splash guard

MSRP : $19,300
    Invoice: $17,959
    Rebates + Discount : $2500 + $1399

My Price: $14060
    OTD : $15810 (7% tax NJ)

Can someone help and tell me if this is a good deal or I should wait?
    Can you clarify what the deal is? Your math doesn't add up. $2500 + $1399 is $3899, but then you show a total discount including rebates of $5240 with "my price" = $14,060. IMO that is a very good deal... if that is in fact the deal.
    That sounds like a great deal to me. Does this offer by chance involve a trade-in?

Craig
    No trade-in, no finance. I am buying car in full cash
    I used American Express Auto buying program.
    If you use that program then you will notice that total discount of $3899 is applicable on Factory Invoice cost
    There was no trade-in and no finance, full cash deal
    OK, I was confused by the term "discount", since any amount off list is a discount. So your discount was actually over $2700, before rebate--which is a very good discount considering the markup on the car.

I have an AMEX card (actually 2, one for business)... is this buying program free for AMEX cardholders?
    That sounds like a great deal to me! Please let us know if there are any surprises at the closing table.

Craig
    I am not sure if there is fee. I have not yet purchased car this is the best offer I got. I will be buying car in next 2 days.
    I hope there should not be any bad surprise. If there is I will not buy. I will surely update.