Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti QX56 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• rrwinkrrwink Member Posts: 3
    $49,000 before taxes or including taxes???
  • fletch58fletch58 Member Posts: 19
    What do you guys think of this QX56 39 months, $1500 out of pocket, Sticker $54,100, 17.5 miles, $740 which includes tax ????
    This site would be great if someone was ever on it :)

Switching to cash..what do you think ?

Sticker $54,100
    There telling me cost $49,600
    minus $4,000 rebate
    costs inc $435 transport
    $500 profit
    $599 dealer fee ( is this double dipping ? )
    $150 tags
    $2828 tax
    $46,535 plus tax etc comes to $50,118 out the door at 2.9%

What do you think ? I need to give him an answer...

Thanks in advance

Jack
  • airvaniairvani Member Posts: 11
    Hi...I was able to go on the Consumer Reports website and order a dealer sheet etc. The invoice for this vehicle is $45,888.00. For the month of May, the factory gives them a Floor ceiling/ allowance of ($1417.00). The true price for the sunroof if $1034.00. For DVD is $1200.00. for Mud flaps and capeting approximately $200.00. There is a destination charge of $850.00 for California. This adds up to $47,972 as the true cost. They usually according to Costco car pricing (for participating dealer) will add $500.00 as their profit over invoice which brings the price to $48,472.00. Then you deduct the $4,000.00 rebate which brings the price down to $44,472.00. Here is an example of what a local dealer was offering me ( I have cut and paste his email here):

"Thank you for your inquiry regarding the 2007 Infiniti QX 56 2WD. The least expensive QX 56 2WD available is equipped with the sunroof and has an MSRP of $52,180. Infiniti Financial has a low interest purchase rate of as low as 2.99% for up to 60 months for well qualified buyers. The purchase price to you would be $44,419 plus tax and license taking advantage of help from Infiniti USA ($4,000.00). Infiniti Financial has a seperate lease incentive program which changes the lease inception price to $45,419 and the best terms seems to be for 39 months."

I hope this helps everyone. I am sure with the Memorial weekend coming up, they will deal and wheel because of 08 models coming out and the end of the month quotas.

I ended up purchasing a 2006 fully loaded with $10K miles from a desperate private party who was trying to get out of his lease (which was a huge hassel). I paid $36,000.00 plus tax. Unfortunately he had to subsidize the balance of approx. $8K. GOOD LUCK!
  • arisg19arisg19 Member Posts: 3
    that is a good deal too.. get it i got mine for 50000.. out the door.. too at infinity of lisle in il...
    Not much action but I figured it out. Got an 07 4X4, sticker $56,850. Out the door price incuding tax and all fees $52,215.. took the 2.9%

It was right around thier cost
  • macphinmacphin Member Posts: 1
    I'm not sure exactly when the QX56 2008 will be at the dealer here in FL, but we are interested in trading our Explorer for an Infinity after buying our M35 last year.

We used VPP on the M35, do you think this would be the way to go on the 2008?
  • mertonmerton Member Posts: 1
    Thanks, This was very helpful. I got QX56 over Memorial Day weekend and used this post to make the deal. 2WD with Sunroof, DVD, ft splash guards, white, etc.,MSRP $53,765, paid $46,535. We love the vehicle, drives and looks great!
  • csholst03csholst03 Member Posts: 20
    The 2008's are out in the southeast. I have received quotes from full MSRP to $1000 off MSRP to $500 over Invoice. These are all internet quotes, this will be my fourth Infiniti and unfortunately Infiniti dealers have lowered themselves to the old school method of grinding the customer. So who knows if any of these "internet" quotes are worth anything. $500 over invoice sounds reasonable to me based on new model year. Last time I checked Nissan was offering $4000 rebate on 07s and $2000 of on 08s. Carmax is selling new 08 Armada's for under invoice, which equates to nearly $15,000 less than MSRP on a QX. I understand there is a premium for an Infiniti, but $15,000? Anybody have any real numbers on a recent 08 sale price?
  • topleft12topleft12 Member Posts: 3
    Can you tell me some of the sites you saw the 500 over invoice? Looking into a QX myself and trying to get what ever info i can. Hopefully i will have some dealer feedback this weekend
    Atlantic Infiniti in Jacksonville FL said I could get 500 over invoice, "let me write it up and I'll take it to my manager", This is what I mean by grinding the customer. I did not pursue it because they did not have exactly what I wanted, but I can just hear them saying they can't do that, we need at least X amount to do the deal.
  • tdo123tdo123 Member Posts: 102
    In the midwest they are giving some discounts. Two dealers jumped at $2,500 right off of the bat and now are at $3000 off the MSRP for a loaded QX. Found it interesting that GMC offers a higher residual on a lease than Infiniti does.
  • topleft12topleft12 Member Posts: 3
    FYI, Just picked up my 08 QX56. Every option except the laser crusie control, i am being told that they are having issues with it and it will only be on later 08's, its lake shore slate with a willow interior.

Sticker was 58k, got it for 55k. Paid the taxes and title upfront and they paid the last payment on my FX45.

I did quote for a lease and the 39th mnth had a 55% residual, and about a 4% rate.

Good luck!

M
    Infiniti does have the 2008 QX56 on their VPP plan http://www.insidenissan.com/vpp/vendor/index.html However, dealership participation may vary. Roswell Infiniti (Atlanta) has said they would honor this pricing ~ about $400 over invoice. I have purchased from them before and been satisfied. I plan on pursuing this purchase, it will be my 4th Infiniti.
    I just purchased a 2008 QX56 at Roswell Infiniti with the VPP price. If you visit the VPP website http://www.insidenissan.com/vpp/vendor/index.html you can see the formula for figuring the price, for a QX it works out to about $400 over invoice, plus doc fee plus tax, tag, title. This website also shows current incentives, I would think it would be the most accurate source, it will ask for a login and password, use "vendor" for both. If you plan to trade it is treated like a separate transaction, like it should be, expect to get black book or about KBB trade in value with good condition. It is still negotiable, but that is a pretty good ballpark.
  • chmadduxchmaddux Member Posts: 1
    Is it possible for someone that doesn't work for Nissan/Infiniti or to take advantage of VPP? Are there any employees of Nissan/Infiniti out there that need any new "friends"
    Yes, I don't work for anything related to the automobile industry. Go to the website link, there are probably over a hundred companies that can take advantage. Work for a small private employer or self employed, probably not. You can always work the numbers and make the same offer to a dealer and I bet they will take it.
  • bossfxbossfx Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know what the October incentives will be for the 2008 QX56?
  • mlevinemlevine Member Posts: 581
    I am looking for opinions about the QX56 4 wheel drive. Can one purchase a vehicle for 45,000 to 48,000? Any imput appreciated.
  • momto2boysmomto2boys Member Posts: 8
    You might do that well on a 2007 model if they are making room for the 2008's. I purchased mine at this time last year and paid about 52K I think. That was before tax, license etc. Good Luck.
    Would appreciate any feedback on deals for QX56 2008. Looking for purchase with trade in at the same time.
  • suv_searchsuv_search Member Posts: 10
    I was offered by a local MD Infiniti dealer an 08 fully loaded with intelligent cruise control for $53,500 + TTL. Is this a good deal for the end of the year or should it be lower? Any insight would be greatly appreciated?
    Was to close on QX56 today, but walked out. Trade in price low but negotiated better deal. On final sale dealer fee added to the price, eventhough I stated when I come to the dealership no monkey business. Wife disappointed but in agreement with my decision.
    What price were you offered? I am not doing a trade in, but I am totally interested in price at this point. I would like to purchase a QX by COB tomorrow.

Thanks in Advance
    Qx56 4x4 with DVD entertainment (overpriced did not want) 50,990, wanted 895 dealer fee, not including tax. Kelley blue book and NADA guides suggested trade- in should be about $800 higher than I was offered. Willing to do the deal but dealer fee is nonsense profit they tried to slip in. Trying another dealer tomorrow. Hope this is helpful.
  • utvols1utvols1 Member Posts: 16
    I've been working with a dealership in MD on an '08 QX with DVD. I have a taxes, tags offer at $54,400. That includes the $1500 match that Infiniti is offering right now. I have an '06 Acura TL that I'm trying trade in and they are not willing to give me a good price on that.

Has anyone else had a better offer from the dealer on an '08 QX?
    That seems like a pretty good price. This vehicle did not have the Tech package with Intelligent Cruise Control?

Thanks
    I was offered 53,500 at a local MD Infiniti dealership with DVD and Tech package with Intelligent Cruise Control. That offer includes the 1500 Infiniti matching incentive and does not include tax, tag and title.

Thanks
    No it only included the DVD extra. Do you have a feel if they will continue to deal into '08. They were really dealing on the '07's. I am wondering if I wait a few more months, will they have better deals? I know that Nissan is on a a March 31st fiscal year. I wonder if they will have a richer incentive package in early spring?
    That's a good question, which I wish I had the answer. For me, I would like to purchase tomorrow simply because the MD sales tax (including vehicles) will be increased by 1% on 1/1/08. If there is extra incentives, it was have to compensate for that extra point on the overall purchase price.
    I was not given a great trade in for my seqouia which was in good shape. I willing to take less to make the deal but the dealer fee add on terminated the deal. In addition I believe the dealer makes money from financing via infiniti which is necessary for the 1500 match. In my case I have time to wait. I suspect in 2008 the big SUV market will bring steep discounts. By the way I tried 2 weeks earlier to deal on a M35 base and sport 2007, but price too high. Both vehicles still on the lot. The key is patience.
  • hopingforqx56hopingforqx56 Member Posts: 1
    I'm a newbie here who hasn't bought a new car from a dealership in about 15 years (I've been stationed in Europe and returning back to the US (Texas) next month). Since my wife and I have 3 small kids, we liked the QX a lot. I've been in contact with a couple of dealers in TX via e-mail. We are looking for a 2008 QX56 2WD with DVD entertainment, splash guards, floor mats, and rear cargo mat.

First dealer quoted me a drive-out price (including tax/title/all fees) of 55,736.

Second dealer quoted me a drive-out price of 56,300, and also offered additional rebate of 1500 if we financed the vehicle. (Anyone know why they are offering this 1500 rebate? just curious).

What do you guys think? Overpriced, or a fair enough deal?
  • momto2boysmomto2boys Member Posts: 8
    Well, I think your best bet is to NEVER trade in a car. NEVER! This, in my opinion, just gives the dealer another way to screw you over. It is SO easy to sell a used car, especially a Sequoia in decent shape, for more than trade-in value. what I did for my QX....sold my sequoia in 1 day on Craigs List) Use Craigs List or some other free avenue, price your car over what they were going to give you in trade and you'll have cash for a down payment in no time...plus less crap to worry about come bargaining time. I think a trade in always makes you look desperate. Also, patience is key. The other think I found to be helpful was to ask for pricing on-line from multiple dealers. They will cut each other's throats to get the sale so just sit back and watch them undercut each other! Car buying is a whole new deal thanks to the internet.
    You are right about the trade in. My wife wanted to get the QX56 prior to the new year. Figured there would be great deals, but the undervalue of the trade and extra fees is a killer. I can at least wait a few months prior to any decisions. I did multiple dealers within 13 to 40 miles but all adding the dealer fees to the price.
    I agree patience is key.
    I think the deal above where you were offered at $56,400 with an additional $1500 was the same that I was offered. I think at this time, that's not bad.

I am prepared to wait few months. Does anyone have a feel about what we can expect to pay over the next 6 months for a '08 QX? Do we think that we can expect to pay below invoice?

Thanks
  • keg97keg97 Member Posts: 189
    I expect to pay invoice minus whatever incentives Infiniti is offering. I'm ready to pull a trigger within a week or so, but ideally I'd like to wait until March or so. That will probably work to my advantage. Their current incentives expire tomorrow so we should get a good feel on how the market is doing. My bet is that the economy will continue to deteriorate and we'll be able to get a couple grand under invoice.
    I agree. Does anyone have a confirmed out the door price that someone was actually paid?

I agree with your thoughts on the forecast for '08. With gas as high as it is and the economy being 'soft', luxury SUVs will be the 1st to experience deep discounts and incentives. I would imagine March will be a good time and is in line with my purchase time frame as well.
    I pulled the trigger on the last day of the year. Purchased an 08 AWD with Tech Package (intelligent cruise control, front sonar) for 53,500 + TTL. That price also includes dealer installed DVD system in the headrest (as well the factory installed ceiling mounted dvd screen).
    That's a pretty good deal. I've got an offer that a dealer in Maryland says is good only today that is for the following:

Sales price is at dealer invoice and with taxes, tags, added that equals $55,235 for the 4wd DVD package. They will back another $1500 if I finance through Infiniti. Thus it gets to an 'out the door price' of $54,235.

I think I am going to wait until a little later in '08. How do you like the your new ride Keg 97?
    I think you are asking me, suv_search. I love the ride. Although not cheap, relatively inexpensive compared to the MB GL that the wife and I also considered.
    Great deal! That looks like you basically paid invoice and then got the headrest DVD player for free. My dealer quoted me 2K for the headrest package so you did very well!
    What color combo did you get? How do you like it so far?
    I'm not an owner...at least not yet :)
    I'm going to take one home either this weekend or next for an "overnight" visit. I like doing that before I make a commitment. We brought home a Sequoia this past weekend and it actually improved both my wife and my perception of it. Perhaps...even enough to buy it. But I still think that we're leaning heavily towards the QX.
    I love the vehicle. I think pound for pound (or dollar for dollar), it really is a value in the luxury SUV category. One thing that I have discovered (post purchase) no auto up/down feature for the 2nd row (yet on driver and passenger door). I think that is a skimp on Infiniti's part, as we have that feature on our '04 G35. We bought the Liquid Onyx w/ wheat interior.
    But you have auto up/down on all windows from the drivers seat though, right?

Liquid Onyx/Wheat is what the dealer had in the showroom. I loved the speckle on the Onyx....adds some nice depth to the black.

We're definitely getting the Tuscan Pearl White (if we get the QX)....trying to decide btwn the Wheat or Stone interior- probably leaning Wheat too. I'd rather get the Graphite interior but Infiniti no longer offers it with the white...bummer! I'm just worried about the wheat interior getting beat up by my family....I'm super anal on keeping it clean. I'll definitely get the interior protection package. Apparently my dealer will change out any carpet/leather that they can't get clean. I challenge that to Kool Aid :)
    http://www.edmunds.com/new/2008/infiniti/qx56/100845717/incentives.html?vdp=off&- setzip=23430&state=VA

Looks like 1750 cash plus the nice APR. Getting better....maybe wait til February :)
    Thanks Keg, that's good information. I think you right about February and March. I think they will continue to deal. Intersesting information that I got today from a dealer who is trying to push a really bad price off on me. He noted that the following:

"December sales nationwide of the QX56 showed 1316 units sold, or a 14.3% increase over 2006. Why would Infiniti push to move them with markdowns, if they are already exceeding last years sales? There are 182 dealerships nationwide so each dealership averaged 7.23 QX56 sales last month. These are actual figures from Infiniti."

He's also not willing to deal on the QX and trying to push off some 'prepaid service' contract. I think he's full of it. I have another dealership that is about $3K cheaper.

Does anyone know the actual invoice price on the Q with DVD?

Thanks!
    Yeah I saw that information (the sales info) a couple of hours before I saw the new incentives and my assumption was that incentives would either hold or lower. I was stoked to see them go up. Interestingly, the Armada sales are down for the year and they were running super incentives on those. 4500 cash back or something like 2.9% up to 72 months. It makes the price difference btwn the QX and the Armada even larger and the Armada a better value. I've seen folks getting 52K Armadas for 42K! Nevertheless, we're still focused on the QX or the Sequoia.

It is also interesting that your dealer is not quoting his own sales figures. Sometimes what is left unsaid says alot. I firmly believe that my local dealer is not moving his QXs.

You can run the pricing thing here on Edmunds and get the invoice on the QX that you like.
    Keg, how much do you plan on paying all in for a QX? Please let me know the any extras (DVD, entertainment,etc.) and what part of the country you are from?

I am in MD/DC/VA and I am trying to see if our prices are inflated or about normal.

Thanks.
  • eagle34eagle34 Member Posts: 22
    New to this forum. Been looking at suvs for a couple of months now. Just bought a tundra for myself and wanted a Sequoia for my wife. Couldn't believe 58k for the same interior in my 28k tundra. She had an mdx and the newer version is much smaller feeling. Also tired of road noise. Stubbled upon the QX56 and kept going back to it. Awesome vehicle. The toyota interior is a big mistake in this price range.
    Bought the QX awd w/dvd for invoice less the 1500. Probably should've waited but needed to unload mdx with 93000 miles before the 100k warranty expired. Had some tell tale tranny issues approaching so had to move. Very happy with QX.
    Thanks Egale34. All in (taxes, tags, etc.) how much to you end up paying? Did you trade your MDX in? What color did you get?

Thanks!