Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti QX56 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
Share your QX purchase experience here.

Comments

• skier6skier6 Member Posts: 2
    Just signed a contract for my QX56 at MSRP.
  • klepoyklepoy Member Posts: 4
    We paid a little less than MSRP since the car which was a demo already had close to 300 miles. Took it home last night and put ~80 miles on it today cruising in san francisco!
    :-) We absolutely love the car.

liquid onyx/willow/4x4/sunroof/smartvision/dvd entertainment/splashguards
  • josh684josh684 Member Posts: 55
    Any of you have to pay a Dealer Fee? And If so how much?
    Thanks
    Josh
  • klepoyklepoy Member Posts: 4
    josh,

you mean dealer markup? if so, i didn't pay any dealer fees.
  • mustangmustang Member Posts: 2
    We bought a black one with grey interior that just came in Saturday. We did not want another black vehicle but the color is very cool as it glistens in the sun. Final decision was between the Navigator and QX. We loved the interior of the QX as well as the reliability of the Infiniti brand. Also the exterior is very unique especially in person. As we have driven it the last few days we have received a lot of looks and interest. The vehicle really stands out from the pack of SUVs. Particularly the color, wheels , and overall exterior. We paid MSRP but none of the bogus marketing upcharge. I don't know any other product that charges the consumer a seperate marketing fee versus putting it into the cost of goods. Anyway we love it and having a great time driving it. The kids love the DVD as well as all the room for them and their friends.
  • carnutincacarnutinca Member Posts: 35
    Mustang (board #6). Please give us an update on you truck in a week or two. I'm considering buying one that is incoming at the end of this month. I have been unable to test drive yet.
  • carnutincacarnutinca Member Posts: 35
    I am also considering the Nav and the Escalade ESV. The Nav is less expensive (lists for more but you get $10K+ off list). The ESV is too big for my wife who hates our Sub (unless she goes to Costco or Home Depot!!). The key is quality: the Nav and Escalade are not ranked above even the Suburban by JD Power or Consumer Reports. To me, that's a big problem when I spending $50K+
  • katana2katana2 Member Posts: 35
    We bought our QX56 Saturday and will pick it up tomorrow. I had the dealership tint the front windows and add splash guards etc. The splash guards and cargo mat have to be overnited so thats why the delay in delivery. I liked the silver and thought it would look extra cool with the darker tint on the front glass. We paid $2000 under invoice, not a huge discount but better than a poke in the eye with a toothpick.
  • wibblewibble Member Posts: 569
    Where did you get a QX56 for $2000 under invoice?
    Wibble, pardon my ignorance but I paid $2000 under MSRP. Sorry for the mix up.
    Thats good, Where do you live? Most people are not going off MSRP
    Josh684 we live in Overland Park Kansas, we bought the vehicle from Major Infiniti in Missouri.
    That's still a really good deal. Did it have any miles on it?
    I looked all around South Florida, No one wanted to budge. I had already ordered one at MSRP but I was still looking around. Day after I received mine another dealer called me and he was ready to deal. I dont care though, I paid MSRP, but I got the color I wanted and no back seat DVD so that saved me $1,600. That plus the dealer was friendly and it is the one I goto to get my cars serviced. I feel I always get better service when I buy and service the car at the same place. I have had one problem so far with the truck. Minor computer problem, the RPM did not reset and got stuck at 5x, when I reved it went to 7x but was really at 2x. I went, they took a picture, reset the computer and if it happenes again they will just replace the computer. I like infiniti server over Cadillac or Lincoln and thats why I bought this truck. If your from south florida I strongly reccomend going to Warren Henry Infiniti.
    Wibble, the odometer showed 38 miles on Saturday.The dealership drove it somewhere to have the tinting done, hopefully it wasn't Nebraska. When we looked at the vehicle it still had all the plastic on the interior and exterior.
    2K off is really good. What was their first offer?
    Their first offer was $54,500 this price did not include the window tinting.
    and you got for 52,500?
    MSRP was $55,000 their first offer was $54,500 and we settled at $53,000.
  • infinitimaveninfinitimaven Member Posts: 19
    I'd call that incredible! Is that an AWD vehicle? The biggest discount I've given on one of these trucks is $80 off a truck with an MSRP of $55080 - I let the guy have it for $55000. You might be in a soft market, but I find that big a discount unbelievable.
    They gave us $400 for being a three time buyer, this is our third Infiniti from the same dealership. Maybe we just looked poor and acted like we couldn't afford the QX. We originally asked for $5000 off and worked toward meeting in the middle. The gentleman that showed us how everything works on the vehicle last nite told me this was the second QX sold in the area. And yes it is AWD,DVD,Lazer Cruise etc.
  • jodyr2jodyr2 Member Posts: 3
    I ordered a qx56 march 1, and it is already here. I bought it in Louisville, Ky. 100miles away from us. they will deliver it to our front door this next Saturday. Infinity is really trying to give you upscale treatment. We paid msrp. they wouldn't negotiate at all. I can't wait to get it. I will let you know how it performs. So excited. I love the suv.
  • mustangmustang Member Posts: 2
    A quick update for carnutinca. We have had the QX56 for 2 weeks now and we continue to enjoy it. Took it to the North Georgia Mountains this weekend. It drives great with solid acceleration and a very quiet ride. The only problem we have had is the back window unlocks when we unlock the doors. The dealership has been great to handle it. First time we have owned a non domestic vehicle and we are learning how great service can be ! The only nit pick I have is that the Bose sound system isn't as great as I would have hoped. Other wise this is a great vehicle and I think Nissan has hit a homerun. Business Week just recently ran an article and Infiniti is on a tear in luxury sales and I think the QX56 will keep it going. The teenagers (trendsetters) also have been very receptive to the design and look of the vehicle. This one is defintely a keeper. No regrets paying MSRP.
  • jrock65jrock65 Member Posts: 1,371
    I have never heard a Bose system worth its price, or even half its price. But the QX is a great vehicle. Congrats on such a fine purchase.
  • bigbadninbigbadnin Member Posts: 5
    I had to laugh when I read the posts from katana2 about the price paid for his QX56. My wife and I bought and ordered one from the same dealership and paid even less! We ordered our QX56 on March 1st and have yet to receive it but cannot wait. We got Major Infiniti down $2550 off MSRP so I know it is possible. As far as living in a "soft market" all the better for us. Maybe people should think of coming to Kansas City to get a GREAT deal like we did. We wanted the tuscan pearl w/ graphite leather and the split bench second row seats, XM radio and some other extras that were too tough to locate so we ordered it. Hope to get it in the next couple of weeks. Good Luck and Happy SUVing!
    Good deal on the QX56!!!! I know you will enjoy driving it.
  • islandisland Member Posts: 2
    WE went to the only dealership in Salt Lake City and ordered ours on 2-13-04. Today is 4-26-04. Still no QX. We are thinking we should wait for the 2005s to come out in the fall. The dealership told us yesterday that they just received the VIN #. Does anyone out there know how long it takes until it's delivered once the dealer has the VIN #?? We have never waited so long for a vehicle. The frustrating thing is we see several of the exact units at several Infiniti Dealerships in California. Does anyone have any answers? We don't want to whine for nothing.
  • lucas2lucas2 Member Posts: 12
    Did you special order one? Most dealers have QX's coming in all the time. I bought mine at the end of March, and the VIN was already assigned to my dealer when I bought it. It took two weeks after that to take delivery.

If you didn't want to take delivery out of dealer stock or future dealer stock (like I did), then you'll probably be waiting a long time.
  • ringleader6ringleader6 Member Posts: 43
    I was in a competetive situation, where I had purchased my prior three infiniti, two Q45 and one FX45 from the same dealer....ended up with a $4500 discount off msrp with no add on for advertising, or paper prep or any other inflation in pricing.....very pleased with the truck, although I personally prefer a stiffer suspension, I have previously owned two Suburbans and five Tahoes. Recently received a $3,600 loyalty coupon from GM which tempted me to buy the GMC Denali XL, which actually would have listed for more than the fully loaded QX56 I bought. Have about 1800 miles on it in two weeks
  • dadfromchitowndadfromchitown Member Posts: 8
    I paid the MSRP for my vehicle. I called every dealer around my area and none of them would negotiate the price. They all told me that the vehicle is very new and its very much in demand. We wanted the second row bench seating, which made it even more rare. I guess Infiniti only made a few with the bench row seating (Infiniti made 80% with captains chair and only 20% with bench seating per a salesperson). A dealer had the vehicle we wanted but it was on hold for another customer. A few days later I called the dealer back and said that the vehicle was still on hold, but they were going to call the customer and verify if they still want the vehicle. I guess the vehicle has been on hold for almost a week. The dealer called me back a few hours later and asked if we wanted the vehicle. Wife and I paid the MSRP, but we've been very happy with our purchase.
  • eaglesix8eaglesix8 Member Posts: 1
    We have two Infiniti dealerships here in Sin City, unfortunately both of them are owned by the same company.

I spent weeks researching the QX56 in magazines and on the Internet. Then when they started showing up in the local dealerships, my wife and I spent another couple of weeks test driving and selecting a color. We were assisted by, and worked with, a very personable and fairly knowledgeable salesman. He spent sufficient time with us and expended a good bit of energy in attending to our "needs". We were looking forward to buying our QX through this salesman.

We were prepared to pay MSRP for a "loaded" Silver with Graphite interior. When we sat down to talk numbers we were told the dealer placed an "adjusted market value" cost of $3,995 on top of the MSRP. We let them know that we were not prepared to pay over the MSRP and waited (some 30 minutes)for their counter offer. We may have paid $500 over MSRP just to close the deal. The salesman finally returned and told us we could not make a deal. Somewhat to my surprise, he didn't even make a counter offer reducing the price by even $500. We left the dealership on good terms and told our salesman to give us a call when they started selling the QX for MSRP.

In my mind I thought we would just wait a few months until there were more QX's on the lots and the price became more competitive. My wife, however, urged me to look for the Qx on the Internet - something I had never considered or done before. I submitted my Internet request to a handful of So. Cal. dealerships. I got my first call in response within an hour. This dealership had in stock the exact QX we wanted and was willing to sell for MSRP. We closed the deal in days and picked it up a week later. We used the money we saved by not paying the $3,995 "adjusted market value" on a nice 3-day beach vacation.

The 440 mile drive home in the Qx was delightful!
  • shark715shark715 Member Posts: 382
    I test drove a QX56 this morning at Infiniti of Willow Grove in the Philadelphia suburbs. Before I left the showroom, I was pleasantly surprised when they quoted me $49,999 for one equipped with the sunroof package and mudflaps. That's $2381 less than the $52,380 MSRP. I left with the distinct feeling that there was a larger discount to be had if I pushed harder. Perhaps they were motivated by the fact that they knew I live exactly halfway to another dealer, and also that I mentioned I was looking at an Armada which an MSRP of $7000 less. They also quoted $2800 to upgrade to a 7 year/100k factory warranty with no deductible. They claimed the list price on the extended warranty was $3400. Did they quote me a reasonable price for the warranty, or did they overquote the warranty to make up for the discount on the truck itself? BTW, when we drove on a bumpy road I did detect a bit of the "booming resonance" noise that has been mentioned prominently on the Armada forum, but I don't beleive I would have noticed it if I had not been looking for it. The vehicle I test drove did not have a sunroof. One more question...they had 5 QX56's on the lot, and 3 of them were not equipped with a sunroof. Am I wrong, or is that odd? I would think most people buying a QZ56 would want a sunroof.
  • jrock65jrock65 Member Posts: 1,371
    $2800 to upgrade to 7 year/100k seems way too pricey to me.
    Yep. $1500 to $1800 should be closer the mark.
    You have to realize the dealer has significant mark up in these, probably 60%, and the F&I person gets a direct cut of this
  • presplanpresplan Member Posts: 30
    I test drove a QX56 at Infiniti of Willow Grove also, back in February. They wouldn't budge on the price back then. I then spoke to Flemington, NJ Infiniti and they bent over backwards for me. They gave me a discount of approximately $4,000 off list (4wd, sunroof, dvd).Great people and customer service there. Only problem is that they didn't have a car to test drive. I ordered one anyway and it is coming in shortly. However, if it has the resonance problem, I won't take it. I test drove an Armada and 2 other QX56's since then at other dealerships and still haven't found one without the resonance. We'll see how mine is when it comes in. I read the TSB at infinitihelp.com and it looks pretty bad if you need the fix. I can't see your car ever being the same after they rip it apart. And when you ask any slesman about the TSB, they pretend they know nothing about it and it's no big deal.
    Presplan, sounds like you live near me. I live in Yardley, PA, halfway between the two dealerships you mentioned. Sounds like you made a terrific deal! $4000 off MSRP is only about $500 above invoice. Given that you ordered the truck three months ago when they were first coming out makes the deal you negotiated even more impressive. I've read that all those car dealerships on Route 202 in Flemington are owned by the same guy (except perhaps the Toyota dealer) and I've heard repeatedly that they have great prices there. But why is it taking so long for your truck to arrive? The Willow Grove dealer told me even if they can't find the truck I want at another dealer, it would take only 4 to 6 weeks to order one from the factory. What color combination did you order? What other dealers did you get prices from, if any, and how did they stack up versus Flemington? Yes, I would not be happy if they ripped my truck apart the way the TSB describes. One would assume all the trucks coming out of the factory at this point no longer require the work described in the TSB. Many of the posts on the Armada forum talk about a problem with the design of the roof, but I'm wondering if the problem is merely what the TSB implies it is...the headliner moving too freely. The headliner is HUGE, assumedly much larger than any headliner Nissan has ever installed before. Sounds like when they designed the truck their engineers did not realize all the implications of having such a large headliner.
    If its been more than four weeks since you ordered the QX, then you probably do not have one on order, these trucks are arriving in no more than five weeks.....as to the headliner, I do not believe the fix is much of a problem, first the headliner is in one piece and second, Infiniti did not deliver without the fix since March, about the time the first showroom one was delivered.
    I told the dealer I didn't need the car until mid-June. I ordered white with captain seats. The original price I received was from a dealer in northern NJ via the internet back in February. I then spoke with them over the phone, and negotiated a better deal. I found that the further away you go to buy a car, the better the deal you could get. After all, the dealer is now selling to someone that they normally wouldn’t even get. I then went to Willow Grove (close to where I live) to test-drive the car. That was the first QX56 I test drove. That dealership wouldn't budge on the price being that it was a new car coming out. On the test drive, I immediately noticed the resonance noise, although the rest of my family did not. I brought it up to the salesman, and he said he didn't hear it and said he knew nothing about it. This bothered me and I contacted Infiniti to see if they knew what I was experiencing. Infiniti did not acknowledge there was any problem. I wrote my experience on this website, and someone pointed out to me the Armada forum at Edmunds. After thorough research at the Armada forum (I read all 2,000 plus comments), I decided to test drive an Armada. The resonance noise was just as prevalent. My family even noticed it this time. In the meantime, I started to contact the Flemington dealership and they were spectacular to work with. They were willing to match my best offer via the internet (and phone sales with other NJ dealerships) and I decided to work with them. In all honesty, I think I got lucky that day – it was the end of the month and it might be that they really wanted to make a sale for their quota. I did all my negotiations over the phone first, before I went in. They did what they said they would do and then I placed my order with a full refund of deposit if I changed my mind on taking delivery of the car when it arrived. Note, they didn’t even have a car for me to test drive. After I placed the order, I decided to test drive one more Infiniti to see if the resonance noise was still there. And I am sorry to say - it was. The salesman I was with, acknowledged he heard it too (especially when I brought in various print outs from Edmunds showing him problems of others owning the Armada). By the way, the test drive was in April with a just received from the factory car. I am still awaiting the delivery of my car sometime in the middle of June. I am not sure when the dealer placed the order, but it is on schedule to arrive. I hope it doesn’t have the resonance noise, as I really want the car. Also, after reading on infinitihelp.com, I printed out the TSB and contacted the service department at 2 different dealerships to see if they had to use it yet on any cars. Both dealerships said not yet, no one has complained enough to use it – the cars were still to new and people were just starting to bring their cars in for the first service. Also, I think the resonance noise is experienced on an individual basis based on personal medical conditions of sinus problems and allergies. Not everyone will experience this problem if they have a clear head. I suffer from various chronic sinus problems and am more sensitive to air pressure changes and the like. I have major problems even when flying, while the rest of my family does not. I think the Armada and QX56 have a more pronounced problem than other cars in its class because it’s just so big, but it might not be a problem for everyone. But in my case, if I hear it or feel it at all, I can’t take the car. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I get lucky, but am not optimistic. And I am certainly not going to use the TSB to fix the car if it is there – looks like more of a problem than a solution.
    Presplan, thanks for taking the time to give a detailed response. Let us know what happens when your truck arrives...thanks again.
  • danjacquidanjacqui Member Posts: 3
    I was able to buy one of MSRP 55150.00 for 51000 after alot of wheel and deal with them here in the bay area of California.
    The news this evening mentioned that large SUV sales were off 19% in April versus last year, and the speculation is that it's due to higher fuel prices. Perhaps this is part of the reason that heavy discounting of QX56's is becoming more widespread.
    Are any QX56 owners experiencing any problems yet? Now that you had time to kick the tires around, are there any problems being experienced yet. When I read the Armada forum, I notice a lot of complaints about the brakes,windows and resonance issue. How is the QX56 holding up?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    We don't have a QX56 Problems board (I guess that's a good sign?).

Since we're focusing on deals in here, please take the problems and solutions talk over to the generic Infiniti QX56 board. Thanks!

Steve, Host
  • kbyrnekbyrne Member Posts: 3
    Hi all,
      We had a great experience buying our QX56. We would truly love this if it weren't for th the items I'll describe later. The salesperson and dealership were great...until delivery. I ordered a loaded vehicle, but instead of getting a stock vehicle loaded they tried to give me a vehicle with everything stock except the entertainment system. The entertainment system was aftermarket and to this day doesn't work. Here are all of the problems I have had with the truck; Within a week of delivery the brake lights failed, the sunroof failed, the engine has been making loud rattling noises at low speeds, and the DVD system doesn't work. The vehicle has been in the shop on 3 separate occasions and now I need to schedule a fourth. The most recent problems are the failure of the newest DVD entertainment system, the persistent engine noise, and the roof storage console (houses DVD screen, etc.) is missing rubber fasteners and sounds like it is going to fall down when we hit a bump.
      I had always heard great things about infinity, and we loved the truck. At this point we are very frustrated with the truck and the dealership. I would not recommend this company or vehicle based on my experiences.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,145
    A reporter would like to speak with owners of the Infiniti QX56. If you own a QX56 and would be willing to speak with a reporter about your ownership experience, please contact Pam Krebs, Edmunds.com PR, at pkrebs@edmunds.com and include your daytime phone number. The reporter needs to speak with people by Monday, Sept. 13.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• ziggy1ziggy1 Member Posts: 1
    Are you still happy with your qx56? Have you experienced any problems? My major concern is with any mechanical problems. Also has the limited storage in back been an inconvenience? If I fold down the 3rd row, then I'm left with only a five seater. I'm debating a Navigator for that sole reason, although I'm leary of it's mechanical problems.
  • nissanman1nissanman1 Member Posts: 7
    I am now in the process of buying the QX56. I test drove all the competitors (Nav, Toyota Seq., Tahoe Z71 fully loaded,etc) the QX56 blows the competition away in price, acceleration, cornering and sporty handling. Also,that rear-view camera (great thing to have) is a definite deal breaker for me.
    My question is for anybody out there reading this site. The first dealer that I went to three days ago has given me his initial quote: $49,894 which includes all wheel drive, split 2nd row bench, DVD system, and rear-view camera (we don't want a sunroof). Also, I believe that destination charge was included with that price (I forgot to ask the salesmen). Is this a fair deal, good deal, or a great deal? Any feedback would be appreciated.
    P.S. Of course I will check a few more infiniti dealers this week and try to wait torward the end of Oct. to purchase, unless someone offers $48,000.00 with those mentioned options. I'll sign the papers without hesitation.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,145
    A midwestern newspaper would like to talk with someone who, in the past month, bought a luxury vehicle (other than a Lexus) for which no incentives were available. Please reply to jfallon@edmunds.com by Friday, October 8, 2004 with your daytime contact info and a few words about your purchase decision. Thanks!

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• kenrkenr Member Posts: 9
    I am picking it up today. Fully loaded 2004 (DVD, back-up camera, sun roof, bench seat, splash guards, wind deflector), cobalt blue. $50,750 (a bit over invoice). We looked at Navigator and Escalade. I liked the handling of the QX better. Also the presumed improved reliability and reputation for superior service. Escalade was either too big or too small. We liked Navigator, especially the power split rear seat. But even with rebates, the price was higher.