Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti QX56 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• andrewl1andrewl1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi all, anyone know the incentives/rebates for April? I test drove the QX, the Escalade, and the new Sequoia all this past weekend, and hands down, fell in love with the QX right away. Got the wife's approval to finally look for any QX deals out there.
  • keg97keg97 Member Posts: 189
    Good for you on being retired! I cannot imagine my father (who is retired too) taking the time to polish his cars. Of course I do it for him (w/Zaino) b/c I'm just a good son like that ;) Then again, he'd never fork over the $$$ to buy an Infiniti. I always kid around w/him that he can be as cheap as he wants b/c that just means more for me!

Seriously now....you'll love the Zaino on the red G37. I love that color and the Zaino will really make it pop. I still think that the black will look a bit better, but Zaino does a job on anything. I've used it on 5 vehicles...in order of "pop"

Dark Khaki Pathfinder
    Graphite Gray Camry
    Silver TSX
    White Pearl QX56
    Green/silver Town Car (my mother in laws)

Good luck and be sure to share pics...and don't be afraid to ask for help. If you were close, I'd come on over and help ya!
  • johnhwjohnhw Member Posts: 111
    Thanks for the offer and help so far. I will post once I get this baby all dolled up and looking good.
    Sounds good....I look forward to it!
  • mlevinemlevine Member Posts: 581
    I read your post on zaino products. Also read zaino site and it appeared Z-6 cleanup gloss was necessary. Do you purchase the clay bar from zaino or go to autozone or equivalent car place?
    I would get the Z-6 too. I use it as an in between the different coats of the Zaino that I put on. Think of it as a Meguires Quick Clean up The Grand Finale is new and now supercedes the Z-6 as the final spray.

I've gotten my clay bars at both Zaino and Autozone, Pep Boys, etc. Either one is good...I certainly would not order just clay bars from Zaino and get hit with shipping charge, but if you're already ordering from them, add 'em in. You really can't get a "bad" clay bar.

Good luck and enjoy the shine....my wife is a wise [non-permissible content removed] and always says that she needs to wear her :shades: after I get done the cars with Zaino.
    How many hours will the first zaino preparation take? After the first treatment how many hours does the routine zaino treatments require?
    On the QX since it is so huge...I'd say a good 5 hours for the first application (everything from Dawn to final spray). For all subsequent applications, you can do it in less than an hour (not including the actual car wash) since you're only putting on a coat or so of the AIO or Z-2 and then just the Clear Spray. As for regular car washes, I don't use the Zaino car wash. I actually use the Meguries Gold Class stuff since it is just as good and cheaper.

Good luck!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• duncan66duncan66 Member Posts: 10
    I'm interested in a 2008 QX56 with MSRP of about $58,000 and invoice of about $53,300 - what should I expect to pay for this and does anyone know of incentives and rebates for April - looking to buy in the next 2 weeks.
    Thanks
    You should get within a couple hundred of invoice and then subtract the 1000 rebate. Unless you have an Infiniti, then I believe the rebate is 2K. Good luck and you'll love the truck!

Are you not getting a tech package on it? Why not? I love our tech package...it was worth it for the front sonar alone.
  • neocortexneocortex Member Posts: 22
    I'm in the market for a 2WD QX56 with the DVD Package. I've been able to get pretty much every dealer I've spoken to via email to offer the vehicle at invoice + $1000 off (mfg rebate). Is there any wiggle room here to ask for a deeper discount - perhaps $250-500-1000 off invoice + discount? Any one done that recently?

With gas prices the way they are currently and the 2009's literally 6-8 weeks away, I would assume that the incentives are due to kick in. Should I wait or should I ask the dealer to come down way belo wunder invoice + rebate? Really would like opinions - I'm in the LA/Long Beach area.

Considering pulling the trigger this weeked.
    Why not send out an email to all of your dealers (so they can see that you're doing it to several dealers) and tell 'em that you're looking for the first dealer who can hit ___ under invoice, minus the rebate. Use them to compete against each other.
    I agree with keg97 that you should email multiple dealers. I sent emails to 4 dealers, excluded 2 as they were more expensive and would not negotiate over the phone. My favorite term when talking to dealers is move the metal. Once a vehicle is on their lot for over three months the holdback has been used up. Although we all like certain exterior and interior color schemes, you may be able to negotiate better on a vehicle they must move even if the color is not what you want. We were lucky to get the color we wanted and a dealer close to our house. Good luck and have a successful memorial day weekend.
  • locdiggylocdiggy Member Posts: 1
    dealer offering 08 qx56 with dvd option for $50215 with the 0% 72 month financing in metro atlanta area is it a`good deal, 5k off price if i bring my own financing.
  • medema7medema7 Member Posts: 19
    $50215 appears to be a good deal in early August. It is now early October.
    Is anyone getting 9K to 10K off MSRP on a 2008 QX56 4wd close out?
    ( Approx 48K to 49K plus tax title and license)
    I have not submitted a bid yet however I'd like to know what others are paying at
    this time of the year. Thank you for your response.
  • frayedfrayed Member Posts: 5
    Talked to local dealer, they will do 1500 below invoice, provided I don't use Infiniti's 4.9 financing.

What the real street price for the QX as we approach the end of the year?
  • medema7medema7 Member Posts: 19
    North Shore Infiniti would deal a 4wd 2008 QX56 at around 46K.
    I am still shopping around as I don't know if that is a good deal
    or not. Any thoughts?
    I am also looking at the 2009 Pilot Touring with RES for about 10K
    less fully loaded.
  • cnewhousecnewhouse Member Posts: 20
    Just bought a QX56 4WD (non-demo)with DVD for $47k out of state. With the price increase and less of a rebate, I thought this was better than a 2WD 2009. The local dealers in Florida are about in the middle between invoice and sticker on 2009's, not very aggressive in a poor economy.
  • ksenseiksensei Member Posts: 3
    Hi- I am interested in the QX7, and would def. be if the price were 46K/47K like the 2 previous posts. A MA dealer e-mailed a quote of MSRP 61960 and internet price of 54960....Includes mobile ent., tech pkg. and car mats. No negotiating- they just sent the price- all the other dealers came in at 57-59K. They are quoting a 2009 given no 08s in stock. Can someone give me some feedback? :confuse:

I am also considering, Suburban, Sequoia, Enclave- if the price doesn't work out.
  • kiiwiikiiwii Member Posts: 318
    You can verify it's a 08 or 09 by the VIN. You can either decode it by yourself or go to carfax.com.
  • speechladyspeechlady Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone recently purchased a QX 56? I was recently offered a price of 49,900. Is this a good deal? I read another post where someone was quoted a price of 46,000. Can I expect to get a deal like that now?
  • endresendres Member Posts: 1
    Seems like it is fairly easy to get dealers down to invoice before the $6k marketing support. Has anyone been able to go deeper on an '09?
  • pazzopazzo Member Posts: 1
    Just wondering if anyone has any lease quotes on this suv. I got a lease quote on an 09 loaded 36 mo, 12,000 miles, 1500 down...937.00 including taxes. I personally think this is high and was wondering a few more months may be better deals on the 09's to move them for the 10's...??? what do you guys think? I just thought there would be better deals dut to the economy, guess not.

Thanks for any help.
  • kosta1kosta1 Member Posts: 11
    I'm in California and bought it out right for $51,000 out the door with the DVD entertainment..I was leasing 2007 for (get this) $1000 down, 12,000 miles, 2 years for $600 a month including tax... The deals now are ridiculous, but that is because the market is bad and banks are afraid that you are going to walk away after few months. They want to get their money right away..I know the dealer lost money one the deal but they can't keep the car there forever, they have to take the loss eventually. No one is buying SUV car now, so they have to clear the lot. I think I got a great deal, paid cash..
  • sewellgsmsewellgsm Member Posts: 775
    In Texas, the new 2010 QX56 is hot! Last summer we could not give those away - gas was over $4 a gallon and we were only selling a couple a month. Infiniti decided to cut way back on production - then gas dropped back down, the market started climbing back up - and boom - we sold out of our 09's quick. Now, the 2010 are coming in, but not near as fast or as many as we want. Most of us only have 3 or 4 on the lot - so getting the right color combination is hard. The 2wd stickers for around $58,600 with the DVD - Infiniti has an unbelievable $6000 dealer cash incentive or special rates. So, we have been selling them for $7000 ($1000 discount from us and $6000 from Infiniti) off MSRP as fast as we can get them.

$52k for a 2010 QX is awesome - that is about what used 2009 are selling for!
  • usmc_av8rusmc_av8r Member Posts: 16
    ...disregard...
    Since sewellgsm works for a dealership, he can only give general info in the forums. Anything further would be soliciting, which is prohibited by our membership agreement.

So... he won't be able to answer your specific questions..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Uh... yeah... we are probably already over the line... :surprise:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

ok, my bad...
    Texas... 2010 2wd paid 49900 before TTL
  • desikingdesiking Member Posts: 4
    Hi, Can anybody tell me if it is a good SUV to buy. Secondly is it ok to buy 2008, AWD with entertainment and tech pkg vs buying a new one. Pricewise where can i get a best deal. I am willing to travel to pick up a good deal?
    QX56 is great SUV (stay away from 2004 - 1st series had some problems they ironed out).

Basically the 2008, 2009, & 2010 are all the same vehicle.

In Dallas, a 2010 2wd with DVD is about $50,955. Use that to compare to your 2008 you are looking at. (About $7700 off MSRP). They are "hot" here, so you may find a better price in other parts of the country. :)
    We've received several truck loads of QX's over the last two weeks - making it easier to get a good deal and more options to choose from. In Texas, you can expect around $8000 off MSRP now. :)
  • desikingdesiking Member Posts: 4
    What do you think would be a good price for a 2010, AWD QX56 with entertainment package, Techonology package and carpet cargo mat. I am getting some very good offers either with cash or with 0% APR for 3 yrs. These offers make me wonder should I rather buy a new one instead of a used 08 or 09.
  • watt_d_farkwatt_d_fark Member Posts: 1
    Hey, sewell...just out of curiosity, are the 7 seat vehicles a lot more popular than the 8 seaters? I was trying to find 8 seaters but it's hard to know what's on dealer websites when they don't show optional equipment. How hard is it to find the 2nd row bench?
    when I was shopping for my '10 QX-56 a couple months ago, the sales guy said it was an easy switch to swap out the captains chairs & install the bench seats if I wanted bench seats instead... (I went with the captains chairs)
    We usually order 80% captain - 20% bench for our location. However, I noticed that Infiniti had a bunch of bench seats, so they just built a bunch of QX's with them. Then asked us - hey do you guys want these QX's? All dealers were short, so we all took them - so on most lots you should see about a 60/40 split right now. :)
  • chicagobuyer1chicagobuyer1 Member Posts: 14
    Hey Car Man,
    I have been considering a QX56 for a while, I probably missed a decent time to buy 6 months ago. I have neighbor who works for Nissan and offered to let me use the VPP program. My question is about incentives. I know there is $6000 factory cash available for purchases of a 2010. To the extent there are 09s still out there, is there an incentive left on those? I can't find any info on this and would consider either model year. Any info you could provide would be helpful.
  • deadpooldeadpool Member Posts: 6
    If you want to a video of this new suv add The Autoweek TV video Podcast in itunes. Download the 9-11 podcast. Only exterior video is showned...nothing on the interior.
  • kball2kball2 Member Posts: 62
    I am considering a 2010 QX56. I see people referencing 6k to 8k off of MSRP. I want to take advantage of the 2.9% financing. Any guidance on how much off of MSRP or how much above or below invoice I should be targeting if I want to use the special financing?

Thanks
    Most dealers are taking about $2k off - then you can take the special financing or an additional $6k. So, your choice will be between the special rates or $6k. :)
  • dolphin5dolphin5 Member Posts: 80
    If you take the 6K, what kind of finance rates can you expect from Infiniti's captive finance company? It seems by offering 6K that Inifiniti wants to move QX56s - if that is the case, why wouldn't they offer some lease cash or offer an lower interest rates on leases?

thanks
    Depending on credit and how much a customer puts down - one can acquire rates as low as 4.5% (BOA maybe even lower). If you don't take the $6k - you can get 0% from Infiniti (for 36 months).

As for leases, Infiniti would rather you buy a QX than lease it - they have been burned in the past on big SUV's as gas prices go up and down.

The lease is still better than most other big SUV's in the market, but flat out buying one - taking the $6k seems to be what most customers are choosing. :)
  • scottdxscottdx Member Posts: 2
    Bought a 2010 QX 56 for 9k off the sticker, $49,710. Excellent job by the staff at Grubs Infiniti in the Dallas Fort Worth area. Car has it all, Tech package, moon roof, the whole deal. Also ended up giving me a very fair deal on the trade in.
  • mjohnr99mjohnr99 Member Posts: 193
    Thanks for the info. That seems to be a great price. I am in the mid-atlantic area and have been considering a Toyota Sequoia, but so far, I have not seen the dealers come down to what I think is a reasonable price (at least for me). Also, they have no incentives. I know Infiniti has the 6000 cash back, but it also sounds like you got it close to or under invoice. Do you mind breaking down the math and how you/they got to that $49,710 price? For example, based on your sales contract and sticker, I am assuming the price was $54,710 with 6,000 cash back coming to you. But, can you break down that $54,710 number in terms of base price (4WD?), options (full list), fees, etc.? That would help me figure out exactly what % you got below/above invoice, so that I can apply the same math to a slightly different equipped QX56. [I know the trade-in game complicates the math, but don't worry about that I guess.] Thanks in advance!
  • sladedriversladedriver Member Posts: 1
    I didn't make the post but my guess is what he's saying about getting "$9,000 off" the MSRP is the actual number. I live in the southeast and the standard price for a 2WD 2010 QX56 with entertainment system, floormats and destination charge is $58,710. $58,710 - $9,000 is $49,710. I'm very familiar with the Infiniti QX as I purchased a 2009 back in April and it's held it's value so well I'm currently in the process of working a deal to trade for a 2010. They were offering $6,000 off back in April too. The only difference between the 2009 and 2010 is a $1,000 price increase. Our 2009 Infiniti has the tow package and splash guards which brought the MSRP to $58,275 (comparably equipped 2010 is $59,275) and I was able to negotiate a price of $47,160 with no trade. My current offer for the 2010 is $47,800 which is about $800 under invoice but that's because they charge an $895 dealer prep fee (preprinted on invoice) which I refuse to pay. I deduct it off my offer so after the dealer fee is added I'm paying about $100 over invoice. If they take it great, if they don't who cares I'm still driving a 2009! I also did everything over the internet. I contacted them and made an appointment to test drive and negotiated from my home computer via e-mail. I made my $47,160 offer for the 2009 and they countered twice and I refused both of them before they eventualy agreed to my price. I should also tell you that the dealership is a large dealership and they had 21 QX56's on the lot. A smaller dealership may be less likely to lower the price unless they have a disproportinate number of vehicles. Good luck!!
    I know it has been awhile - but a bunch of QX's have hit the dealerships in the last 2 weeks - so I've seen $9k off of MSRP (without special financing) - seems to be the number the vehicles are moving at.
    The QX got a little sweeter!

2010 QX: Special Rates + $1000 or $7000 dealer cash!

If you lease there is $1000 plus a $1000 lease Loyalty rebate is you own an Infiniti.

Hope this helps! :)