Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti QX56 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• clrimageclrimage Member Posts: 4
    What is the money factor for the 15k 36month lease from Catena. Numbers aren't adding up for the above 12k 39mo 73xxx lease. ( Assuming 55% residual.) Money factor must be way low..... My dealer(Lia Infiniti in Latham NY) is way higher.
  • amanisofiaamanisofia Member Posts: 2
    It really is not about what car I would buy. It is the fact that it is 2010 and buyers have a lot more information now when they walk into a dealer. People really should not be paying MSRP for cars these days. I wont get into dealer hold backs and dealer incentives.
    If every infiniti dealer is selling close to 20-30 of these SUV each month, it will be a very good year for infiniti. Also this will be the most talked about SUV ever and I will see thousands of them on the highway. You are trying to create hype when there is no hype.
    Your failure to offer a discount will loose you customers. Two other houston dealers are giving $1500 off MSRP for this car.
    Your dealership is 10 mintues from my house and I guess I won't be able to buy my car from you. Seems like you have all yours sold through november. :)
  • kjdakjda Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2010
    I just leased a 2011 qx56 for 996 for 39 months 12k miles, sign and drive. I should add the MSRP was 69,195
  • sewellgsmsewellgsm Member Posts: 775
    Sorry for my delay. You are right - on most vehicles (all Infiniti except QX) - we discount them trying to gain market share, but that is on vehicles that are an "unlimited" supply (we can get as many as we want from Japan). But, the QX is limited - we are the largest Infiniti dealership in the country - yet we are limited in the amount that are allocated to us. Supply vs Demand is not in the customers favor on this vehicle (right now). So, if I only have 20 on the lot and I am selling them at MSRP and I know I will sell all 20 - that means I'll have 20 customers - so I'm not losing any - so my failure to not offer a discount is not making me lose customers (I might not get you, but I'll get someone else who sees the value in the vehicle and the dealership).

I think any dealership who discounts this vehicle is foolish, they will find themselves with no vehicles and customers who are willing to pay for them, but they sold them all (at a discount) OR maybe they tell you they are discounting them and then not give you a fair amount for your trade or have higher closing cost or financing??? Price is but one part of a "car deal".

Come visit - you are only 10 minutes away - come see why we sell more vehicles than any other dealership even though our price is a tad higher...we find customers like to avoid "games" and be treated like they are about to spend $60-$70k - treated with respect. :D

PS If you got a trade - I'll discount whatever you want ;)
    How do you like it?
  • mlad11mlad11 Member Posts: 19
    Not to get into debate with you, but in the day of the Internet people can see what others are paying and also shop around nationwide. If you think that mentality will keep buyers loyal to you, good luck. I have had 2 previous QX's from the same dealer, he quoted me a price, I cold called another dealer who gave me a number $135 a month better. Instantly went to him and since being so aggressive in the price with me and straight forward I have referred 2 buyers to him and will purchase my next Infiniti there. You may call that "foolish" but I call that good business on their end. Loyalty is one of the greatest things a dealership can have going for them and when someone purchases a car to find out shortly after someone has gotten a substantially better deal then them, they won't be returning to that dealership for future business. I assume though you are only a salesman at the dealership and not an owner and in turn do not speak on behalf of the dealership.

Also what are you using to qualify your dealership as the "largest in the country?" (I don't see it listed #1 in new or used car sales volume.)
  • clrimageclrimage Member Posts: 4
    I did call Catena and their price was better than my dealer but it is obvious they aren't discounting the vehicle either. My dealer was going to charge me more than sticker. It pissed me off because I purchased a G37xs from them and leased my current Q56 from them. There are alot of nice cars out there so it is up to you as a consumer to be educated in all the lease formulas and buy interest rates. It is really easy to see when they are trying to screw you!!!! Do your homework... The Q is nice
    but I will be driving the Q7 Audi, and the Mercedes GL too.
  • kjdakjda Member Posts: 3
    Awesome. They really made it drive like a car and very luxurious.
  • littlejoe613littlejoe613 Member Posts: 53
    You should be able to get a great discount on an Audi Q7. I live by an Audi dealer and the same exact vehicles have been sitting there for 6 months. I guess they like washing and shining them up liike museum pieces. Thats what happens when they build a vehicle the public doesnt care much for.

Good luck on that purchase.
    I don't mind debating. I am the General Sales Manger - hence the name. After 4 years of selling more than 1700 new Infinitis and finishing in the Top 5 in retail sales, last year we finished #1 in the country with 1198 (2009 was a tough year for new vehicle sales).

Our owner is Carl Sewell, he wrote Customers For Life (google it). We have two Infiniti dealerships and are building a 3rd (awarded to us by Infiniti) since we have some of the highest CSI (customer satisfaction scores) in the Nation and we are high volume. We are 1 of only 2 dealership to win the Circle of Excellence Award from Infiniti (over 180 dealers in the country). I've worked at Sewell for 14 years, so I have some experience.

It is not often, but every now and then a vehicle comes along that customer will pay MSRP or more for. Corvettes throughout the years, certain Lexus or the Escalade or Hummer when they first rolled out and that is what we have going on with the QX56 right now - sure it will fade...but not for a few months. If you wait, you will get a better price.

Now - some dealers charge over MSRP (it is the Manufactors SUGGESTED Retail Price) - I think of Smart cars or the Mini or the SC430 - we never have - even when vehicles were super limited after WWII (Sewell has been doing this since 1911 - we have some loyal customers), we never sold one over MSRP - but we think it is fair to sell them at MSRP if the market bears it - do you blame us? If we know we are going to sell them all, why discount? Now have we, yes - to our loyal customers who have bought from Sewell we have given a $500 courtesy discount plus we give high trade-in values and no dealer prep fees or other "BS".

We've sold 32 this month, have 5 lined up for folks to pick up Fri/Sat which only leaves us about 10 left with no more coming till mid-September. So, it is basic supply vs demand.

37% of our sales YTD are repeat customers.
    12% are referrals.
    12% are "general reputation"

That is 61% or are vehicles sold not due to advertising or internet, etc.

In the end - if you can find a dealership to give you a big discount on the QX56 right now - congratulations, let everyone know on the forum, you did a great job - but I don't think it is happening out there and I am keeping a close eye on it...when the vehicles start to stack up on the lot...we will be the first to reevalutate our pricing stance until then we will "make hay while the sun is shining".... :D

PS If you want a EX - I'll sell it to you for invoice - the $3000 dealer cash....
    True Market Value - listed on this very website - is at MSRP. So, most people are paying that - if you get a discount, consider yourself a great car buyer and be sure to watch your trade-in value and/or the financing - that is where the dealership will try to recoup the money they gave away in the discount. :blush:

mlad11 - none of this is directed to you specifically, I'm speaking to the general public to let them know what is happening from my perspective. Again I'm only at 1 of 180+ stores, so maybe things are different up North or on the Coast - we are in Texas.

PS I expect Infiniti to raise the price on this vehicle either mid-year 2011 or by 2012 for sure.
  • tigerbootigerboo Member Posts: 2
    Been following this forum for awhile, and really appreciate the info from sewellgsm and others.

I was looking at a 2010 back about July 1st, but the technology in the vehicle just seemed outdated (I couldn't get past no USB port, and the dumb compact flash slot).

I'm been tracking the 2011 for awhile now, and have decided it's the one for me. I even have a buddy who just recently moved from the Dallas metro, and we considered going to Sewell to buy (I live in Kansas City). Salesman was very nice and indicated many inquiries were made on VPP, but not available.

Anyway, I haven't seen any updates on the availability of the 2011 on the VPP program. I know right now it's excluded, and since I found my employer qualifies me for the program, I am holding out on purchasing.

I visited my only local Infiniti dealer today at lunch, and was informed this vehicle was now on a 30 day notice for VPP. From what I gathered, this means in 30 days, Infiniti should decide when they will release it to the program (not that it will be released at that time).

sewellgsm...can you validate that info at all, and let me know how it works? Also, do you have any personal opinion on when we might see VPP availability on the 2011? Again, just doesn't make sense to pay MSRP with that in my pocket, and the ability to wait. I will be crushed if they say Feb 2011 or something though.

Any new VPP info here would be great, thanks.
    I would wait on VPP too. You will get the vehicle at invoice once it is eligible. However, I have not heard anything about 30 days; once day supply starts to build up they will open it up. That will be a wait and see type thing.

I'll post anything I get that is official. :)
  • johnhwjohnhw Member Posts: 111
    2011 Qx56 with entertainment/delux touring and technology package in black/black 4wd version with bench second row seat. Bought it from Sewell in Dallas. I have had 12 infinitis and this is my favorite. Great combination of refinement, power and luxury car feel in an SUV. Great experience with dealer as well, my first purchase from them after buying in Houston where I have lived until recently.

Infiniti reliablity and customer approach won me over initially along with quality for value. But though had some features I value more than the many other goodies. One is blindspot warning. I would buy this car again for its value, look and perfomance but the safety aspect of this one feature makes it a slam dunk for an older driver like me. There is a reason it is going for full MSRP for now, it is a good value at the price and demand is high for valid reasons. With this SUV, I dont need a luxury car, it is an SUV and luxury car all in one package, so saves me getting a third car.

A homerun on this one Infiniti, way to go and thanks
  • onetomanyonetomany Member Posts: 1
    Just bought an '11 QX with Theater pkg, black w/ wheat for $3800 off MSRP....no trade. Best dealer experience I have had. I'm in hi-tech sales so I understand the art of negotiating. I knew what I wanted and what I was willing to pay (not MSRP) and called around till I got it. Wasn't a lowball offer...but fair. I do have access to VPP as well and was going to wait but I'm willing to pay a little more if the dealer is willing to work with me.

My QX was not on the lot but due in next week. I think the dealer was happy he didn't have to pay any flooring or deal with other dealers wanting to trade him for it. Plus Cash for Clunkers peaked in Aug last year so dealer Y/Y comparison is going to be rough. Good weekend to make a deal.

I'm in Northern CA, supply is very limited around here as well but each of the major dealers seem to be getting a handful of QX's a month.
  • matsolmatsol Member Posts: 8
    Can you please let me know which dealership in northern california; I am looking for a 4WD with all options.

Thanks
  • nbhandarinbhandari Member Posts: 3
    Just picked up the 2WD Mountain Sage/Wheat QX with Theater package and roof rails (dont need a 4WD here!). Ended up paying $800 over invoice which the Sales Manager was giving me a hard time for but I am in sales too so am used to it. The vehicle is beautiful and after comparing it to the Escalade and Lexus 570 (unless you are planning some serious off roading), there is no comparison on bang for the buck.

They are doing a 2.9% financing up to 60 months which is really great on this type of vehicle. Makes financing the car vs leasing it a no-brainer.

Hats off to Infiniti for finally figuring the Large SUV buyer out - we traded our 10 year old QX4 which we loved but at 150K miles we were ready

If you live in the ATL area - try Nalley Infiniti of Decatur first - they seem to be the most aggressive right now. Salesperson was great, and the sales manager was willing to work with me.

Good luck!
  • h82bl8h82bl8 Member Posts: 5
    The dealers are having a field day with this Q56. It is indeed a really nice SUV but it is foolish to pay MSRP for this thing. Invoice plus a few hundred maybe. There are other SUVs in this category cutting good deals. They are playing it to the max. But.... just wait and give it a few months. They will be wheelin' and dealin' again. There isn't a huge market for a luxury SUV in this economy and Nissan/Infiniti knows it. When the lots start filling up, there is only one way the price will go and it's down. As the saying goes, good things come to those who wait.
    Toyota is playing the same game with their '10 4Runners. I was persistent enough and I ended up getting the deal I was looking for. Same with a GL450 that I purchased a year ago at well below invoice; persistence and patience paid off. I really want one of these but for now, I'm just gonna sit back and relax.
    I know someone else who was offered a Mountain Sage QX56 with 1500 miles at a discount too. He was told all other colors were MSRP. I guess that color is not popular or maybe it was the miles.
  • benbobenbo Member Posts: 13
    I got a call today from the dealership that sold me my 2008 QX56. Salesperson was really nice and inquired if I was still interested in 2011 QX56. I replied that I was but inquiry at other dealers revealed that they were asking sticker price (MSRP) and if that was the case with his dealership. He replied that this was true and the 2011 was such a great vehicle and much improved over my current QX. I agreed with him as I have test driven the new QX but I also advised that I would not be paying sticker and I realized that if he could ask and get sticker he would not be interested in working a deal with me. I informed that I would wait until inventory got larger and was advised that Infiniti was limiting the number of vehicles being imported and therefore could more or less maintain the high selling price.

I thanked him for his call, informed that I really liked the new QX56 BUT I would be waiting , and from his attitude, a very long time, if and when prices come down.

I guess he told me!!!! I'll wait.
  • nbhandarinbhandari Member Posts: 3
    I would wait...its a new model so will be some pressure to keep closer to MSRP. I know however here in Atlanta, $60K SUV's arent exactly in everyone's price range. The dealerships will see this in another 4-6 weeks and then start to deal. Be patient, I am sure you can get down to $1000 or less over actual invoice. Be sure to ask what their documentation fee is as well before you agree to any pricing.

Good luck!
    The wait maybe longer than you want....we led the Nation is QX sales last month with 36 - all at MSRP or $500 off for our previous customers, we only were left with a handful in stock (about 10) and are only getting 10 in the month of September from Japan - so we anticipating selling out of them in September.

Here is the sad thing. We just received our allocation for our December units - Infiniti gave us 9 - I called to complain, told them I was ready and willing to buy 60 - my Disctrict Manger said they were only building 300 for the Western US - either they are back ordered on parts of they are running into CAFE restrictions.

So, I predict most of you who decide to buy will be buying them off the inbound list (vehicles somewhere in between the dealer and Japan) because there won't be many to choose from. I also predict they raise the price. They sell the QX world wide - in China they are getting over $100k for it (in US dollars).

Remember, it is not about the discount - the ony thing that matters is the transaction price when comparing to other makes. The new Escalde stickers in the 80's, so they can take $7k off - you still pay in the mid-70's - the QX is a much better value at MSRP.

The price will come down eventually, but no time this year. At least not in Texas.

PS I got one for my wife - hands down the best vehicle I have ever owned. :)
  • cuibapcuibap Member Posts: 15
    edited September 2010
    I wouldn't take this guy seriously. He's trying so hard to tell everyone the car is hot and he's selling like a hot cake. Use your brain, people. If he has no problem selling it, he wouldn't have to try it so hard. With this kind of economy and no matter what you want Infiniti to be, it's no Lexus or German cars, anyone with a little brain will wait it out and get a way better deal at the end of the year. DO NOT PAY MSRP price.

I'll wait and see if it's a better deal later in the year or just look for another SUV: GX460, LX570, MDX, GL, Escalde, Q7, X5. There are too many SUVs out there to pick from. I'm sure I will get a good deal for these cars, QX56 included.
  • chicagobuyer1chicagobuyer1 Member Posts: 14
    SewellGSM, Let's remember this is Nissan we are talking about here. They will ramp up production to not only meet but exceed demand. They have done it time and again with every one of their hot vehicles. The new M was the hottest thing on the lot, touted to be the BMW and Mercedes killer, which in my opinion comes pretty close. That car was in tight supply for 3-4 months earlier this year, production ramped up, now dealers are 4-5k off sticker. Same thing will happen here.
    edited September 2010
    I have always found sewell gsm's info to be reliable allbeit from a sales manager point of view. It doesnt sound like he is trying hard to sell anything here. More like providing an opinion. From what I can tell some are too smart to own a QX56 and they will all be owned by the stupid people who pay MSRP initially. lol
    I stopped by 2 weeks ago at my dealer in Southwest Houston (South 59 close to Sam Houston Beltway 8) and the general sale manager already agreed to sale $1K below MSRP. I said no thank and walked away, knowing that within 3 months, I can get it close to invoice. They offered me the 2010 QX56 $13K off of MSRP! Too bad it's the old model (body wise, not model year). Otherwise I would have bought it.
  • lastchance2lastchance2 Member Posts: 5
    Just purchased a black on black AWD deluxe touring. Every option except tech. package. Paid $3500. under MSRP. Not a great deal but good. Sometimes you have to pay a little more to get what you want. In my case I was trading in an 09 Denali and if I waited to long, trade-in value would have been less. I buy cars pretty frequently and I have to agree with sewellgsm that you have to look at bottom line not amount off MSRP. This car is a value at these prices compared to the Escalade or Lexus and is a better car in my opinion. I would not be surprised to see prices go up significantly on the 2012 models. I could be wrong but it seems to me that Infiniti is trying to make a big splash and then may price accordingly.
    If they tell you that they'll discount a 2011 QX56 $1000 and you walk away and they dont offer you a lower price, they either they didnt take you serious or they dont care if you buy it or not because there is someone who is willing to pay what the market will bare for the vehicle now. Certainly it wont be that way forever but I cant say that I blame them for getting what the market offers.
    I did the whole negotiation via email with the Internet Sale Manager ($500 off) and then I went in for a test drive. After the test drive, I sat down with them about 15 minutes and before I walked out, the gsm came in and said this is the final offer: $1000 off. I didn't plan to buy at that price any way so I said no. I believe they can sale it for around $500 or $1000 off now but like you said, it won't be long before they have to discount further. I'll wait till the end of the year and get it for close to invoice for sure. If you have money to burn and want it now, pay whatever they ask you.

All I am saying is, in Houston Texas, if you really want it badly, you can get about $1000 off of MSRP now. DO NOT PAY MSRP price.
  • drewchyidrewchyi Member Posts: 1
    I emailed the dealer today....i'm looking at either the audi Q7, land rover LR4 or the QX56. I'm partial to infinity because i already have a 350z and love it. the sticker price is $63,715. this is what the dealer sent me:

My name is xxxx xxxxxxxx and I am the Internet Sales Manager here at Passport Infiniti. xxxx is off today. Everyone wants to get a deal these days. The QX56 is under priced at 63,715. We normally discount over priced, stale or new vehicles with minor lot damage. This vehicle is smoking hot. By far it's the best value out there. Let's make sure you like this vehicle and that it is even available when you come by to look at it. Will this saturday or sunday work for you?

hmm...nothing off the sticker price. oh well.
    I'm not selling anything on this board, I'm just reporting "sales and pricing" information.

The post I'm replying to is very true. You can save money and wait, I'm just saying the wait may be longer than you expect.

We have now sold 15 this month and only have 5 left, again we are selling them at MSRP or $500 off to our previous customers. The 5 will probably last through the weekend. We also have sold 11 of our 59 sold before they have even arrived from Japan (again at MSRP). Soon, there will be no QX's on "the ground", and if you want one you will have to order one.

Now, Infiniti will respond - they will ramp up production and come March or so the supply will catch up to demand and the price will then come down.

If someone really can buy a QX anywhere close to invoice, please let me know - I will buy them from the dealer myself because the demand in Texas in very high.

PS This vehicle at MSRP is much better and less expensive than most SUVs in its class even though they are discounted $5-$10k. Most luxury SUV sticker at $70-$90k, maybe Infiniti should just raise the MSRP and then give you a rebate and you will feel better about spending the same amount of money???
    edited September 2010
    It doesn't matter if Infiniti raises the price, no one wants to buy at MSRP price, unless one has money to throw away the window. With this economy where a lot of people are looking for a job and the ones with the job are trying to save for the rainy days. And also with the gasoline prices, it will always go up from here. Big SUVs are not what people buy right now. Any car/truck/suv that just comes out, the dealer always demands for MSRP because of supply and demand (the manufacture makes very few to start with), but after 3 months or so, prices will start to come down. IT ALWAYS IS LIKE THAT.

I for one will not buy any car at MSRP! The invoice is what I am after. The last 2 cars I bought, always around invoice prices. Be smart, people. Don't let the car sale man push you. It's your money and you earned it with your hard work, you know that. And remember, sewellgsm is THE CAR SALE MAN.
    LOL - true I am a car salesman. The economy may be down where you live or at your household. But the facts are (key word "fact") is people are paying MSRP right now - that is the going price. Check this website (true market value section) - what others are paying - and it will come up that it is MSRP. That is what this forum is for - reporting current deals and prices, so I'm not arguing that one day the vehicle will be selling for less than MSRP - I'm just saying that will be in 2011.

I guess not everyone is struggling - BTW the gas mileage stinks on this vehicle, but if your shopping for a vehicle that gets good gas mileage - this one is NOT it.

Have a good weekend...and know this - even at MSRP this vehicle is a better value than any SUV's out there. (I'm a bit bias :) ) Expect Infiniti to raise the price, they are getting over $100k for them in China.
    Your post is funny. IT ALWAYS LIKE THAT; dont let the cars sale man push you ; and remember, sewellgsm is THE CAR SALE MAN are great to read. But seriously do you really think that someone looking for a job is looking for a QX56? Do you really think they care about MPG?. Come on get real. They are looking for the newest thing to show off and probably dont care about the MSRP. The people who have the money are likely getting them now and the people with less available means will get them next. Isnt that the way it always works?
  • benbobenbo Member Posts: 13
    I sort of initiated this thread and have just sat back and watched the direction that it took. It would seem that it has pitted the salesperson against the buyer. I respect [sewellgsm] as a professional but unless you hold a gun to my head , my money is still my money. Granted, the QX56 is a nice car but the attitude of the salesperson goes a long way in closing a deal. Sometimes you have to make people fell good about spending their money rather than having the car sell itself, ie. , it's the best vehicle out there, they are selling for $100,000 in China, they are sold before arriving at the lot, etc.
    In no way do I want to make this personal, but customers have a long memory , and I believe that (1) gas prices will rise, (2) Infiniti will produce enough so that supply will exceed demand, thou it may be temporary, (3) and the selling price will drop. I believe that the buyers will remember if and when they were treated with disdain, at least I will.
    The matter of selling and buying new cars at window sticker price is a bartering process established at dealerships years ago. If any customer leaves a dealership thinking that he or she "stole" the car because of the great price they paid, he or she is an uninformed customer. benbo
    I agree with you benbo except gas prices will never stop some of the Premium SUV buyers from chosing them, Prices will drop but not due to gas prices. From what I gather the QX56 gets 20mpg with 400bhp. All the SUV's in this category get that or less. We shouldnt act like the salesperson is a crook for getting MSRP.. The fact that the dealer is making all the money is temporary , but who could fault them when they discount 90% of the models to get us to buy them. Let'm make all the money right now off the bigtimers who can afford it and when the supply overcomes the demand, they will get my business cause I'm gonna go "steal" me one. lol
  • johnhwjohnhw Member Posts: 111
    I paid full MSRP for a loaded 2011 QX56 and do not regret it for a second. A great vehicle and bargain at the price I paid IMHO. If I had not gotten this vehicle, I would have kept my 2008 QX for long trips with the family and dogs. For work, however, I needed a large, luxury car. So rather than get a third car, I bought this and it serves both purposes. 3500 miles on mine with no issues at all, it runs great, handles great and the fuel economy is fine for what you get. I love this SUV. It is goin to dominate the current fleet of competing vehicles. A home run for Infiniti and for buyers. MSRP is put there to generate emotion in my view, it doesnt necessarily indicate the value of a car, especially a new one without peers.

This is my 12th Infiniti however so I am biased but for good reason with the reliability and way the ones I have now and in the past have served my needs without failing me.
  • barryh_gegbarryh_geg Member Posts: 5
    You guys are funny. To buy a $60K+ vehicle you either make a lot of money or made a lot of money in business. As business people, why then would you expect a dealer that can get MSRP due to tight demand to offer anyone a discount? Goodwill? In this economy "goodwill" doesn't pay the rent. As sewellgsm said, sometime in 2011 supply should increase and I'd imagine discounts will increase too. But, keep in mind, this is a Nissan Patrol which is sold all over the world. Nissan's going to distribute inventory where the greatest margin can be found (for Nissan, not the dealer). Typically, margin is lower in U. S. markets for foreign car companies so if production is capped they're going to sell cars in markets that make them the most money. For example, Australia's a huge Patrol market and the car hasn't even launched their yet.

I got the first QX in WA at invoice (below counting the loss the dealer took on my '09 RRS trade he ended up selling at auction). But I live in a small city and the dealer was afraid of getting stuck floor planning a $70K vehicle not knowing how they'd sell. And let's face it, the styling is a bit polarizing. Since mine, they've gotten four more which they sold at $1K off MSRP all to out-of-towners. So, discounts can be had if you're opportunistic and willing to invest the time and look in alternate locations. But don't come down on dealers looking to make a profit where they can. Selling things for less than people are willing to pay for them isn't how you made the money you're using to pay for your QX.
  • gators2010gators2010 Member Posts: 1
    QX 56 2011, 2WD, black ext, wheat Int, theater pack. MSRP 60295. Neg price 57220. monthly payment $861 plus tax. 0 down. 36 mo lease. 12k/yr. res 56%. MF 0.0022.
    GREAT CAR!
    I just got an email from Infiniti stating that the QX won't be eligible for VPP until the spring of 2011. They didn't mention if there is a distinction between employees or friends/family participants eligibility. Sewell, keep ringin it!
    True, no VPP - A, B, C, or D plans are "expected" to be eligible on this vehicle till Spring 2011 (even then the dealer does not have to participate if inventory is still low) - I realize it is in folks nature not to trust someone who sells vehicles for a living (as oppose to houses, clothes, season tickets, furniture, airplane tickets, etc) but I'm not trying to sell anyone anything on this site (for the most part you guys are too frugal ;) ). But if you want a QX before they (Infiniti) raises the price, you better get one now.

Honestly, if anyone is getting a big discount from your local dealer - please let me know - I will buy every QX on their lot (after you get yours of course) and happily pay invoice or a little above and pay to have them shipped down to Texas where folks want them. This vehicle is awesome!

Ring, ring...
  • java2kingjava2king Member Posts: 7
    According to http://www.insidenissan.com/monthly_cplan_infiniti_2011.html the price for the 2011 QX for VPP customers is Invoice.

I called Infiniti and they told me that if a dealer does not comply, just report it to Infiniti so they make note and report...I imagine the VPP program is a 2 way deal between companies and Nissan doesn't want partners upset.
  • tigerbootigerboo Member Posts: 2
    This VPP news is very interesting. The FAQ specifically addresses whether any vehicles are excluded from the program as well:

Q. Are all Nissan and Infiniti vehicles eligible for the VPP discount?
    A. No. Currently the Nissan Versa 1.6 models and GT-R are not eligible for purchase under VPP.

It does state that the dealer can choose not to participate though, which is where the confusion comes in.

I am awaiting for from my local dealer about availability, but my hopes are lower than before, for sure.
    Sewell, I was just on your website. Do you have 114 2011 QX56? Wow, if those aren't inbound and all on your lot, that has to be the most in the country. Chicago dealers have between 2-6.
    There is a room full of marketing MBAs at Infiniti who are well versed in Product Life Cycle and the Product Diffustion Curve. If you extrapolate out sales figures on the last model, Infiniti sold about 67,000 QX over 6.5 years. Assume they hope to do the same with this model. "Innovators" are the first to buy a new product and account for about 2.5% of sales, in this case about 1700 units, they are willing to pay sticker to be the first in. Next are the "Early Adopters" who account for about 13.5% of sales or about 9000 units. Early Adopters will probably pay between MSRP and 2k off, (just a guess). Next comes the ugly part of the bell curve which is when discounting from MSRP gets steep. That's why Infiniti has had $10k factory to dealer incentive the last 3 years on the QX. The math works out such that the first years production of about 10-11k vehicles Igoes to nnovators and Early Adopters for close to sticker, which is why Infiniti is holding back VPP sales. They are making hay when the sun is shining. The marketing MBA's know all to well they will have to discount pretty heavily in 2 years or so. That being said, all bets are off if gas goes to $6 per gallon or the economy goes in the dump.
  • java2kingjava2king Member Posts: 7
    To WA?

In the Seattle area here, and looks like the dealers here aren't getting any 2011s anytime soon.
    I wish! Those are inbound. If the stock number begins with a "7" it is in Dallas on the lot. If the stock number begins with a "B" it is in Houston on the ground. If the stock number begins with anything else - it is on order from Japan.

We are down to 2 in Dallas and Houston is sold out :cry:
    VPP price is equal to invoice but the QX is not eligible yet and dealers don't have to participate - it is in their dealer agreement. We have always honored VPP in the past at Sewell, but they won't do VPP until there is adequite supply on the ground.
  • mbhrvmbhrv Member Posts: 2
    At least in this area. While my wife and I love the car. They are hardly flying off the lots to deserve msrp. I travel in and between south jersey and Princeton on a daily basis and have only seen 1 on the road since introduction. That's poor for a new car introduction in any economy. Even in Philadelphia, which has a significant amount of luxury cars, we have yet to see any. Don't get me wrong, quality is top notch, but it's clear by the lack of cars on the road, Infiniti clearly overshot the price point for this suped up Nissan patrol.
    I'm not surprised that you dont see many QX56's in the Rust Belt.No offense but most of those blue collar folks couldnt afford this vehicle or any like it Especially since the economy is so bad there. I'm in the south and you cant even get you hands on one much less get a good choice of color and options. I've been asked to find one for my Mom and cant get a Sage or White one completely loaded anywhere near me. Maybe I should give a shout to a dealer in that area. The price isnt so bad since some competitors are higher on their vehicles. I guess she'll have to wait until more are available.