Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti QX56 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• muzamuza Member Posts: 5
    could you please give saleperson's name? Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• punapuna Member Posts: 3
    Its Roswell Infiniti in Georgia,

Email me if you need more details, or if you email through their website you should be able to reach them, my guess is there is only one person who works the internet requests.
  • chicagobuyer1chicagobuyer1 Member Posts: 14
    My sunroof leaked in the carwash too. The dealer adjusted it, it's fine now. It's pretty sad that 70K cars have problems like that.
  • sewellgsmsewellgsm Member Posts: 775
    Been awhile since I posted on this site, but as most of you know - the all-new QX has had a 2nd price hike and now the no longer offer the 2.9%. The vehicle is moving without the extra incentives so Infiniti is using those incentive dollars on their other product lines.

The vehicle is the best bang for your buck when you talk about Luxury SUVs, hands down! I may bit a bit bias since I sell them but I also own one - WOW - I loved my Denali and my Escalade too, but this is just another level of luxury!

As for price hike - first one was $500 across the board + $1150 for the Luxury package...
    The 2nd hike was $650 across the board...Infiniti is quoting the reason the price increase has to do with the weak dollar vs the yen....I thing they just realize they have something hot and can sell it regardless of the price.

Same goes for rate - they did the 2.9% to get the vehicle on the streets, but most customers buying these have excellent credit anyway and can get a very respectable finance rate on their own or just pay cash for it!

We led the entire country in QX sales last month - selling over 40 - we actually have more QX56 sold this month than the G37 sedan!! I can't believe that - anyway if you have any questions - send them. :)
  • robertckimrobertckim Member Posts: 3
    I hear that Infiniti has raised prices on the QX56 by $1,100 since the end of last year, can anyone confirm?
  • davekellydavekelly Member Posts: 2
    I saw in the prior posts a couple places where it was said that the price had jumped.

I got a quote for $1250 over invoice. What do you guys think? I'm wondering if I should wait until May or so when the 2012s come out. I imagine that I'd be able to get a sweet deal on a 2011 at that point. Thoughts?
  • drewdogg808drewdogg808 Member Posts: 6
    Depends on your area. You won't get that price in the Houston area. I can't imagine the 2012s coming out in May since the 2011 is new...typically the fall is when the next year comes out (if not a redesign). What dealer are you getting $1250 over invoice?
  • davekellydavekelly Member Posts: 2
    Thanks. I agree with you....Infiniti of South Atlanta.
  • robertckimrobertckim Member Posts: 3
    $1,250 over invoice? That's sounds like a great deal to me. In the Southwest, the dealerships cannot keep it in stock and my dealership has pre-sold all units coming in next month.
  • infinitivppinfinitivpp Member Posts: 4
    http://www.insidenissan.com/monthly_cplan_infiniti.html

QX56 (2WD Base) is now at dealer invoice (53,386) if you qualify for one of the four plans :)
    $1150 and if it was a Luxury package it has been raised $2150. :(
    True - Infiniti has issued VPP certificates for the QX - now it is up to the individual dealerships if they too want to participate. I think you will find if they have a bunch of inventory on the ground they will do it, but if they are still running a short supply they will not.

We simply took the stance that if the vehicle has been on our lot for 20 days we will sell it at the VPP discounted price to someone who qualifies. This let's the "paying" customers get first chance at the vehicles before we sell it to an employee at invoice.
    edited February 2011
    We picked up our QX56 last night with VPP pricing here in Houston. Timing was perfect as the last 1-2 weeks have involved negotiating prices in the Houston area and a couple quotes in Dallas when the QX56 became eligible for VPP last week. Best price in the Houston area was around 1.5-2K off MSRP and they didn't seem to want to budge more than that. Grubbs in Dallas offered $3100 off any in stock 2wd models and I was able to squeeze about $3300 off on one and was debating making the drive up to purchase. Sewell in Dallas only offered 1K off on the quote and I didn't bother going further since it was so far from Grubbs initial quote.

When VPP was available for the QX56, I called Sewell in Houston and West Houston and they both said it wasn't a problem to get one with the VPP pricing. We ended up with a 2wd, theater, 2nd row bench ($61,445 msrp) for $56,735 plus ttl from Sewell in Houston. It was with the D plan VPP pricing. They even gave a fair value for my trade, so I saved 2K on taxes. We got 2.64% APR financing for 36 months and 2.99 was available for 60 months (with tier 0).

I look forward to driving it a bit more on the weekend since this is our family car and it mainly sits in the garage during the week, but so far very happy with everything.
  • dcusickdcusick Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2011
    Hey all. The wife and I decided to go for the QX56 after a while of looking at comps. Sat down with the salesman for a quick quote. I just wanted a starting point, for when I go back on Saturday to make the deal. I am looking at a 2011 AWD w/ theater package and captains chairs. I was given a MSRP of $65060, and then a price of $61600 for the car. This kinda threw me off, since I wasn't expecting $4000 off MSRP. I put the invoice somewhere around $59888. So that leaves the initial offer at only $1612 over invoice. Of course I would like to get down on initial offer, but what am I missing? is this starting price as good as I think? Thanks in advance for ang help.
  • mlevinemlevine Member Posts: 581
    Nissan is having an amazing presidents day deals. Is Infiniti running any deals on the QX56 for this holiday other than VPP. I also am having a hard time finding 4 wheel drive. Local dealers mostly have RWD. I am surprised as I live in Florida where quite a few people who buy SUV's also have boats to tow.
  • dcusickdcusick Member Posts: 4
    In my area, no incentives this month.. These cars are selling themselves, they do not need incentives. For me, the salesman would not break on his initial offer, which I wasn't too happy with. But I was able to get more than I wanted for my trade-in, so in the end, at least I got something. The stock of these cars are being sold, before they even make it to the lot. Not too much room to haggle with them. But I guess that says a lot about this car. For you in Florida, that may exactly be the reason there are no AWD's around. Everyone is buying the AWD's, and the dealers want to purge the remaining RWD stock, before getting in a new shipment... Good luck to you!
    Depends on area, but I think that is a decent initial offer. If I didn't have VPP pricing, the best I was able to get came out to about 3K over invoice in the Houston area. I had a better price of about 2K over invoice, but it would have required me to drive 4-5 hours to Dallas to get it. I do feel prices will come down more as they did in February compared to last fall...gas prices rising may contribute a little and inventory is out there. A couple vehicles I was negotiating on 1 month ago are still available today when I checked.
    See post on G37 site.

QX were had to get before the earthquake; now it will be much worse. Keep in mind as you go shopping.

Infiniti plants were okay, but many of their suppliers plants were affected, ports were destroyed, and rail and road ways need to be cleared - for now production has halted.

Keep our corporate guys and plant workers and their families in your prayers. :(
    Big shock...Infiniti announced they are raising the price again on the QX56 - this time $850! Any vehicle in stock at the dealer is price protected, but those inbound from Japan can be effected by this price change. This is the 3rd price hike on the QX since it came out! So, when out shopping - look at the MSRP - don't focus on the discount or the amount over invoice, but the actual price.

So, they have raised the QX - $500, $650, and now $850 = $2000 plus they raised the Deluxe Pkg $1100. If you bought the QX at full MSRP when they first came out, you got the same price as someone buying it now and getting $2000 off (or $3100 off if Deluxe pkg).

With the US Dollar problems and the production issues going on in Japan, expect more. A base QX at $58,700 is still a bargain compared to the LX, Escalade, Land Rover, etc. :)
  • bigcat007bigcat007 Member Posts: 21
    edited March 2011
    MSRP was $71K around for 2011 QX56 fully loaded(Tech, enter, delux), 15k per year for 42 months. We got lease for $1000 per month with $2400 during signing the lease which includes first month's lease. Is it good deal? I was getting ESV of same MSRP for $950.
  • mlevinemlevine Member Posts: 581
    Car dealings in southeast floida is always an experience. 2011 QX 4x4 with theater package from northern florida dealer $65,400. Ship to local southeast florida dealer and to include trade-in $30,000 for 2008 4x4 QX 24,300 miles. Had to come up with $36,500 difference. The deal of a lifetime, I thanked the salesman and manager and walked out as fast as I could.
  • physicsladphysicslad Member Posts: 1
    QX56 was delivered by South Bay Infiniti to my house this past Sunday - Black on black 2011 2WD with Theater package and Illuminated Kick Plates (list Price of $61,640 including destination charges) - My price was an even $58K, $3,640 below MSRP. They also offered $1K more than other dealers were willing to pay for my trade in. Tried to deal with Infiniti of Mission Viejo but their used salesman mentality prevailed. I bought the car and traded in my old car without even setting my feet at the dealership. Everyone from the Internet Sales Manager to the Finance Manager and the delivery Sales Person was just great. I have no affiliation whatsoever with South Bay Infiniti, they just made a happy customer out of me.
  • artd1artd1 Member Posts: 9
    Can I get your opinion on this deal:

2011 QX 56- MSRP $65,255 reduced price $60,255 cap cost $60, 580
    MF .00220, residual 54% or $35,237.70
    $2518 due at signing
    payment $929 including tax
    39mo/15k

thank you, NJ
  • alessiocesaralessiocesar Member Posts: 21
    edited March 2011
    Got a good offer through VPP, $57600. The car is 4x4 captain chair w/ illum and cargo.

Cheers!
    Hello,
    What is VPP and can anyone get that? If I may ask, what was MSRP of your vehicle?
    Got it, google did the job.
    Sure, MSRP $62,500.
  • ab_vegasab_vegas Member Posts: 9
    Hi Artd, could you please let me know what dealership this is at?

Sounds like a good deal; I'm so in the market for a QX56 (have a 2008 right now)!

Anybody here take advantage of the 3 month pull-ahead program for current Infiniti lessees?

Thanks...
    Sure, no problem. Circle Infiniti. Great experience, no bs whatsoever. Used Internet dept and was given this price from start.
    It is the employee and supplier purchase program from Nissan/Infiniti. You must work for Nissan/Infiniti or one of the suppliers to be eligible. You can check with your HR department to see if you qualify.

Very few people have this - I'd say about 5% or less.
    edited April 2011
    Boy but the VPP is good. Got a G37x coupe and now a QX56 awd, no hassle at all @ invoice including accessories. I'd say I saved about 10k on both cars.

Cheers!
    For VPP info, go to insidenissan.com. There's actually 4 different VPP categories for savings. Obviously, the best deals are for nissan/infiniti employees and family members...probably a small percentage qualify. However, there are business associates that qualify and the discount is still significant (what I went through and got invoice price). There are over 1300 companies that qualify, a lot of them are major corporations too. You can click the "do you qualify" button to download the list of companies to see if the company you work for is listed.
  • ecowboyecowboy Member Posts: 1
    I just did a VPP purchase for a loaded 2011 QX56. It came with Theater, Touring, and Technology. Black on Black, captain's chairs, and optional wind deflector, cargo/first aid kit, illuminated kick plates, tinted windows, and bumper protector. MSRP was $74,665 and the VPP price was $69,135 also with no dealer prep fees...so I saved $5530+500 dealer prep. I got 3.1% 63 month financing. No trade in. I tried to deal with Sewell in Houston but they would not offer VPP for a QX56 equipped with anything better than the theater package. We googled the internet and found this vehicle in Louisville, KY at Swope Infiniti. They were willing to honor VPP so I drove 2400 miles roundtrip to trailer the vehicle home to Texas. Wife is loving the QX56, especially the technology package components. Thanks for all the informed posts here on this forum which definitely provided the necessary info I needed for my purchase. :shades: :shades:
  • mikesmithtx644mikesmithtx644 Member Posts: 13
    I just got our new QX out of Tulsa. We live north of Dallas and also found the Dallas dealers unwilling to honor VPP on the QX with the deluxe package. The folks in Tulsa were great to work with and I paid $500 to have the car delivered to my house in fairview. The whole transaction was very smooth with the paperwork handled via Fedex.

The dealer added pin striping that looks great! I haven't seen this before and am glad it was already on the car when wee purchased it. They also added a clear protection material on the door edges, inside the door handles and the rear bumper. You can't see it but it nicely protect the pain in the high damage areas.

Fyi- almost all of the qx's out of Tulsa are 4wd as opposed to Dallas where 80% are 2wd.

Ask for Ron in sales or Andy the sales manager. Both great!
  • muzamuza Member Posts: 5
    could you please give details about the deal you got from Tulsa Dealer.
    Thanks
  • mikesmithtx644mikesmithtx644 Member Posts: 13
    If you have your VPP number just give it to them and they can provide you with the price. If you don't like the deal you don't have to buy it. There isn't any negotiating. I am sure you know all of this as you are probably a dealer given your posting history and the 'private' designations you have on your profile.

The fact is that they were willing to do the deal while the others in the Texas market and some others were not willing to accept VPP. Crest would only negotiate a little off the MSRP on a fully loaded QX56, so we walked. The sales guy - Tux was great at Crest - he kind of got screwed on the deal.

Good luck. We love our QX and we would definitely buy from Tulsa again - with or without VPP, because they were so nice and easy to work with. BTW - my friend who gave us the VPP speaks very highly of Jackie Cooper imports and said they have a great reputation which we validated first hand.
    We sold 45 QX56 in March for an average price of $1000 off of MSRP...unlike most Infiniti vehicles which people like to price from invoice up (or down) - the QX is generally priced MSRP - Discount.

The earthquake in Japan has not helped the supply situation that has been bad ever since the vehicle was launched. Even though Infiniti has raised the price 3 times for a total of $2k since it was launched, it is still a great value compared to it's competitors.

Keep in mind, we are in Texas - so the demand maybe higher here than in your area.
  • dan70810dan70810 Member Posts: 2
    Just bought a pre-owned 2011 QX w/ 16,000 miles. $57,300 w/ Touring Pkg, Theater Pkg, rear bumper guard, lighted kick plates, cross bars on luggage rack, clear front end protector and the cargo net options.
    Not sure or not if the best deal in the world as I haven't seen too many figures on re-sells yet, but maybe this will help you if you are looking.
    Nice - many are going for that at the auction, so you got it at wholesale.
  • eg2011eg2011 Member Posts: 1
    I'm also looking for a used 2011 and appreciate the info. Would you mind sharing the dealership name or was this a private party sale?

Thanks
  • dan70810dan70810 Member Posts: 2
    Carsplus in Lenoir, NC. Fantastic group of people to do business with.
    Very few out there, but if you search www.autotrader.com or www.cars.com and set the mileage limit to unlimited you should find some. You can have mine for $59k. :)
  • h82bl8h82bl8 Member Posts: 5
    Why are you selling it, if you don't mind me asking?
    Ordered another one that came in - Dark Currant w/ 22"...wife wanted that color from the beginning but we didn't have it - so we bought silver and ordered this. Listed on autotrader.... :)
  • 68goatman68goatman Member Posts: 2
    You can have mine for $59k. -sewellgsm

Is yours still available? Is it the silver one @Sewell in Dallas? I need to get my wife out of her Navi. I might just be your huckleberry.
    Sort of...I traded it in and got the new one...so it is here on the pre-owned lot - you can find it on-line. But, I no longer control the price.... :(
  • 68goatman68goatman Member Posts: 2
    Figures, :( Are they moving off MSRP yet on the new ones?
  • h82bl8h82bl8 Member Posts: 5
    Moonlight White/Wheat, 2WD, Theater Pkg. Had 28 miles on the odometer. Paid $57,158..... smokin' hot deal, IMO! Edmunds says the MSRP is $62,140.
    No, I didn't use VPP.
    You should be able to get ~1-1.5K off msrp even in higher demand areas. In areas where they don't sell as well, you can do even more.