Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti QX56 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

1111213141517»

Comments

• bluefranky222bluefranky222 Member Posts: 4
    Swellgsm

I think with all the significant large inventory of QX56s in Houston, 9K off is not competitive enough. Once the 2013 hits the market then you and the other dealers are forced to give stronger incentives. I was already hearing that some folks got 10K off last month. I would expect that Dec and Jan will be the strongest discounts. I would expect 15K off the car as a minimum. I am actually ready to buy now but not in a hurry. I want to get the best deal out there. So waiting until Dec/Jan for the right price is worth it for me.

Thanks
    Bluefranky222
    Houston, TX :shades:
  • rster10rster10 Member Posts: 2
    I just received a quote on a 2012 with theater package MSRP of 67405 for 62,9000. Invoice is about 600 less are people finding better deals? I also am will to look at 2011's but the best price I received was 53.2k with 34k. Since they have about 150 2012 QX in my area will pricing get better?

At this point I am willing to go to Dallas and pick it up for 10k off of MSRP.... Help!!!!
  • sri302sri302 Member Posts: 2
    I am in DFW area and was talking to Grubbs Infiniti.QX56 with 4WD and theater package MSRP is 67.5K and the best quote I got is 62K.
  • sri302sri302 Member Posts: 2
    If you dont mind can you please share the dealer info?
  • sewellgsmsewellgsm Member Posts: 775
    Blue...I assure you (promise) we won't get to $15k...I've talked to both District and Area manager...they know there is a problem - but not with demand...we sold over 40 last month - they simply built too many. So, the problem will self correct over the next couple of months (they simply slow down building). Infiniti also is holding back the 2013 until inventory levels get in line. Every other model, the 13 is either on the ground or coming. They told me they will not release the 2013 QX until December, so that gives us over 2 months to sell these...and at $9k off they are selling. Most dealers are out of Deluxe, getting low on bench seat, no Dark Currant or Mountain Sage...so don't wait too long.

We expect about $4-5k from Infiniti next month plus us dealers can knock off $4-5k, so you may see $10k off in October. We will see...I will post the incentives as soon as I get them next week. :)
  • desidondesidon Member Posts: 29
    Sewellgsm...are you sure about the delay on the 2013.
    I put a deposit down and ordered the 2013 from my dealer. He gave me a print out from the NNA website which showed the Order #, production month as 9/12 and ETA as month of 10/12.

Are you saying this is not coming till December?
  • hd67camhd67cam Member Posts: 1
    SewellGSM,
    My husband and I have been looking at purchasing the QX in November, but if the October price is better ($10K off), then there is no point in waiting. Can you confirm that $10K is what was decided? Thanks!
  • sammmomsammmom Member Posts: 1
    I'm in the northwest but was given $60,000 for white/wheat 4WD, theater package, illuminated plates, cargo mat/net, roof cross bars, all weather mats for 3 rows, cargo protector. I would have waited longer but color was important to me. I'd love to hear from others whether this is a decent deal.
  • rster10rster10 Member Posts: 2
    I saw that there is a 4k dealer incentive to move these trucks, but I'm wondering if it could be better for Nov/dec. I'm not to picky on color but really want the split bench seat and where I am there are not to many in stock.

Anyone want to share recent purchases?
  • gator2004gator2004 Member Posts: 1
    Purchased mid-September in Tampa, FL. MSRP 67,420, and I paid $58,800.
  • eagleeye3eagleeye3 Member Posts: 44
    edited October 2012
    My wife drove a 2012 QX56 this afternoon. Nice SUV. Large but manageable. Was looking at Sequoia but heard Infiniti was giving these away. Sure enough, the opening offer (starting point) from the dealer before I said a word was $9k under MSRP. Big step up from Sequoia. I'm aware of the $4k dealer cash. I understand the 2013s are coming soon. I think I will shoot for $11K under and will live with $10k. Must admit the whole dealership/vibe struck me as second tier; my other car is German (assembled in South Carolina), but I guess it does not matter. Don't plan to spend a lot of time there after the purchase anyway. Anyone done better than 10k under MSRP recently (2WD)?
  • jsperelman1jsperelman1 Member Posts: 4
    I looked at the QX56 for the first time this weekend and was very impressed with the car. I saw on this board that the 2013 is expected in December -- does anyone know what type of changes will be made for the next model year? If I am happy with the 2012 and am not in a rush, when is the best time to buy this car? End of December?

Any insights would be appreciated.

Jeremy
    Scarsdale, NY
  • theta2theta2 Member Posts: 3
    minor changes for 2013

Infiniti QX Full-Size Luxury SUV

Moving Objection Detection (MOD) added to the standard Around View® Monitor
    New standard auto-dimming exterior mirrors
    Upgraded remote control and interface added to the Theater Package
    New Smoky Quartz exterior color (replaces Mountain Sage)
    Available September 2012
    Just purchased 2012 QX56 (2WD) in Southern California. Final selling price was $11,000 under MSRP (plus tax and DMV). Feel like I got a reasonable deal, especially since it was my wife's preferred color. Time will tell.
  • jjawjjaw Member Posts: 6
    What options did your qx56 have. What was the total msrp
  • jjawjjaw Member Posts: 6
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do anyone know what the current dealer incentives are as of Nov 1st. In Oct they were $4000. But those expired Oct 31st. Thanks in advance
  • warbernwarbern Member Posts: 73
    I am looking at one of these in Socal as well, Can you tell me which dealer offered this to you? Thanks!
    South Bay (Torrence). A long way from my house in north San Diego County, but worth the drive to save thousands. MSRP was just over $67K, theater, 22 wheels, and some accessories. No issues after almost 1 month. Wife is happy. That's all that matters in long run.
    Sorry I did not see this before. The incentives did not get any better in November nor will they get any better. They are already at a point that the QX are selling like crazy. :)
  • qx56manqx56man Member Posts: 7
    I own a 2011 qx56 with 36500 miles on it. I paid 66000 with 2.9 financing. Sticker was. 69615. At. The time, it was great deal in sept 2010. Trucks has everything except tech package. I was just offered by a dealer to take back my truck and sell me a 2012 with a 78,400 MSRP for 67200. They are giving me 45000 for my truck which according to them is a wash. Kelly blue book 46-50k. At end of day, I will walk out with leaving my 2011 with 36000 miles on it and leaving with a 2012 loaded with zero out of pocket and a payment of $40 cheaper a month. 2013 model has no major changes so I am not buying a dud. Is this a deal that is worth doing? Trying to figure out the down side. I will owe much more on loan now but does that's really matter? I would appreciate any input .
    Numbers are all in line with what we are seeing...maybe could get a tad more for your 2011 QX since it is a Deluxe Pkg...but the deal on the 2012 is solid. Bottom line is you could start over on miles, nothing out of pocket and $40 cheaper....I doubt you ever pay vehicles off anyway so like you said what is the difference - you always have a payment, might as well get the lower payment for the newer QX.

But, I'm a salesperson... :D

PS I just traded in my 2nd 2011 and got a 2012 - basically same situation. I've never paid one off!
  • qx56manqx56man Member Posts: 7
    Thanks for the reply. I appreciate your insight. You really had me believing again until the " I am a salesman"line. Haha. I am just hung up on going from owing 45000 or 26 payments into loan to going back to owing over 70k after tax. Like you said, it probably doesn't matter but there is nothing wrong with my QX and still have a couple years of warranty left. If I buy the 2012, I will probably be in the same position 2 years from now since I am getting truck so cheap. The flip side is to stick with what I got and be close to payoff in a couple of years which sounds like a better position as long as truck holds ups which you would think a vehicle of this level would and save the ground I paid off on the loan. Very tough decision and it seems there is no definitive answer. Dealer (Ray Catena) telling me numbers work out, but they are salesman also and moving a 2012 with a high MSRP in December and taking back a quality used vehicle which is in high demand in my region right now is perfect for them so I take their advice with a grain off salt!

PS how did u trade in 2 2011's already? Are u really on your third QX?
  • solonsusansolonsusan Member Posts: 1
    I'm working with a dealer in Cleveland Ohio and they say they can only give me 7500 below msrp. (That includes the 1k for financing). However, I see that everyone here seems to be getting 10k below. Is that the current incentives that I should expect. What can I do to help my deal. Also, should it make a difference that they need to get the car from another dealership?

Thanks. Need help ASAP as I would like to complete the deal this week.
    People are saying they are getting $9-$10k off MSRP...it totally depends on the market you live in.

If they are having to get the vehicle from another dealers tells me two things....one is supply is low...two - there is a cost involved in getting it to their store...maybe a reason your price is a bit higher.

Keep in mind the higher the MSRP the more the "mark-up" so folks getting $10k off may have been on a $75k QX, if your buying a $66k QX there will not be the same amount of room to discount.

Either way - I think if you offered $9k below MSRP - they will take it. :)
    I work at the dealership, I get VPP pricing and I know when to buy (when the best incentives are)...which for the 2012 are right now!

I've owned 1x2010, 2x2011, and now have my first 2012. I am one of my best customers... :D

PS We only have 1 2012 QX left and we literally sell more QX than any dealer in the World (we are in Dallas)....chek it out on-line....it is 100% camoflauged! :D
  • wolfpack152wolfpack152 Member Posts: 2
    I got 10K off MSRP - My local dealer was going to have to ship the vehicle in but was only giving me 5K off - (they claim several thousand for them to ship) I went online - found every dealer in my state's inventory - found the vehicle they were going to ship in - negotiated hard with that dealer and got them to drive it to my doorstep (450 miles) - no extra charge - 10K off. Took patience and all via email - no direct talking.
  • kmassokmasso Member Posts: 9
    sewellgsm,

Are the current incentives still at $4K + $1K IFS and do you know if the $500 dealer vouchers that were issued a few months back are still around or did the dealers have to use them the month that they were issued? It seems like you mentioned that the dealers were allowed to use up to six (6) vouchers per sale if they wanted to. I'm just curious if you know if the vouchers are still out there. I am in OK and our local dealer still has several '12s and I also noticed that a few other dealers in close proximity have in excess of ten (10) 2012 models and wonder what the liklihood is that they would still have some of thier voucher allocation. Thanks in advance for any insight that you can offer.
  • newx5guynewx5guy Member Posts: 2
    Last week I bought a 2012 QX56 4x4 with theater package and 22" wheels. The supply of 2012 4x4 with benches is very low so a little tougher to negotiate. We ended up at 10K off MSRP.
    $4k and $1k IFS is it...the voucher program expired.

We only have 2 - 2012 QX56 left....so pickens are getting slim... :(
  • tstraubtstraub Member Posts: 25
    Just picked up last night in Seattle/Tacoma area; paid Invoice less $5,000 ($4,000 cash incentive, plus $1,000 to finance through IFS/NMAC). MSRP $68,220, paid $58120 + TTL. Financed 72 mos @2.89%, Tier O.
    Well after 6 years as the GSM of Sewell Infiniti of Dallas (finishing in the Top 3 in the Nation in sales all 6 years)...I've accepted a job as the GM of Sewell Cadillac in Grapevine. I'll be moving over to the Cadillac Forums to offer advice moving forward. It has been fun reading and writing (and sometimes debating) you guys on this forum I'm sure my replacement will continue to monitor and give advice on the Infiniti side. Feel free to email me on any questions you may have. :cry:
  • nealitnealit Member Posts: 12
    Hi,Sewellgsm, since you do not work at Infinity any more, May I know how much 2012 Infiniti QX56 will be now? I personally received an offer 12k off MSRP on a 72K car. But I did not receive a pay-off letter from BMW on time and Nissan FS will not finance 3rd car (my bmw x5 is totaled). I am searching 2012 QX56 across the west region of states (CA, AZ,UT,NV). Only a few dealer has 2012 brand new one. May I know how much I can buy now? Any finance promotion? My credit is 680, my wife is 770.
  • qx56cumminqx56cummin Member Posts: 1
    Hey guys, i thought i'd register and post up my deal since this forum helped me this week. I negotiated a deal yesterday for a new 2012 QX, 2WD, THEATER with captains chairs. MSRP was appx 65200 and I got it for 54700. Basically 10500 off MSRP taking into account the 4k inifiniti rebate and the 1k financing rebate. No trade in, just straight deal. I was very happy with this deal, especially because this wasn;t a very loaded car. I basically just started calling every dealer in the country that showed my color combo in stock until I got my deal. One of the easiest cars I've ever bought. Should ship out to me on Wednesday. There are TONS of new 2012's still around (search autotrader as I'm sure you know). Good luck! Oh and I think the APR I got was like 3.3% for 60 months with about 35% down. I am paying it off fairly quickly so didn't hardly negotiate that at all.
  • mac1313mac1313 Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone have any feedback and able to point to a dealer that will sell the extended warranty at the most reasonable price? What have people been paying for these?

I'm not sure what their cost on these are but in my last car purchase my experience was I could usually find a dealer somewhere that would sell these at a few hundred dollars over dealer cost. I'm hoping the same may be true for the QX56 extended warranty.
  • madisongirlmadisongirl Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know the current incentives for the QX56 for March? Are there any rebates or Dealer Cash available? I would like to purchase a 2013 pretty soon and am doing my homework first. Any advice would greatly be appreciated.
  • suburbanmom1suburbanmom1 Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone recently bought a 2013 QX56 that does NOT have Infiniti Connect and a Remote Start on it?
  • kings007kings007 Member Posts: 1
    Hey folks, I have read your threads and am super delighted at the amount of help, insight and direction flowing forth. Am hoping you will be of help to me too.

Am in the market for a QX56...2011-2013, market is in Houston Tx, or Mcallen Tx. Any ideas how the pricings and incentives are currently???
  • chadfromftownchadfromftown Member Posts: 18

Well this thread has been pretty much useless and there's nothing in the QX80 section... Great.