Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2005 Suzuki Ignis?

Comments

• rctennis3811rctennis3811 Posts: 1,031
    That's true. I think that it's a turbocharged 4-cylinder engine - but I don't know how much HP it has...
  • jchan2jchan2 Posts: 4,956
    wouldn't be bad. Maybe around 225 horsepower and 30 MPG?
    While 225HP would be nice, I'm expecting around 170-190HP. I don't think Suzuki is willing to pay the costs to put a bigger displacement engine with a turbo in there yet. Probably what we'll see is around a 1.8/2.0L inline-4 turbo. Still, 170-190HP isn't bad considering how small the car is!
    and how light the car is. Will it be light? And by the way, MPG numbers should be high since the car is so small.
    Sadly, I can't find the weight of either the Concept S or the Concept S2. :-( But, from this picture you can guess that it will weight about the same as a MINI Cooper, considering that Suzuki used a lot of motorcycle experience into designing this car.

looks like a Japanese MINI. Should weigh like one too.
    Hopefully, Suzuki can target their demographic for this car well with funky displays at autoshows and hip commercials and ads. I think they will be able to do this well because Suzuki has been increasing their advertising budget a lot lately. Looks like those new GMDAT products are really doing wonders for them!
  • muffin_manmuffin_man Posts: 865
    Mini cooper isn't that light, I hope that the Concept S can be lighter.
    Let's hope so!

BTW, just to let everyone know - the Concept S is featured in Gran Turismo 4. I can't wait to see how much it weighs and all the specs on it!
  • chrisducatichrisducati Posts: 394
    This all sounds great. My hope is that Suzuki can produce more of its own products for the US. Having driven some of their cars in Europe (my in-laws own a wagonR and a Jimny)I know they can build good cars. I still own my 1996 esteem which has over 250k on the odometer. Problems have been few, mostly brakes, as the rotors are very small and should have been upgraded for the US market. The sports coupe is a great idea. The Van idea, well, as long as it isn't an already in place GM van. How about using the platform the cobalt and the ion are on? A actual mini van. about the size of the original chrysler caravan. I know I know... All you SUV and larger is better people will nay say it. I'm thinking gas mileage here. We rented a van not to long ago from Budget. it was a GM van and it was horrid. You could watch the gas gauge fall to empty. Smaller is better when your paying $2.50 a gallon.
  • chrisducatichrisducati Posts: 394
    The Ignis looks good in person. Haven't driven one but it is nice. It is sold as a Chevy in some markets around the world. I think it would sell here to the open minded and the youth market. The guy that buys a Ford or Chevy truck will just laugh at it... While the guy in the Ignis is laughing at the guy in the Ford or chevy truck.
  • muffin_manmuffin_man Posts: 865
    Well, I bought a PS2 just for GT3, so I will definitely be trying out GT4 when it comes out.

I would love to see Suzuki become the other small car company in the US. Something they are already good at.
    :-D
  • bran_boibran_boi Posts: 8
    WHAT??? They want to replace the XL7????? Why???? Hopefully the Ignis will not be their only SUV. I love my Xl-7 I don't want them to quit making them. I would like to have one in a hybrid in a few years!!!!
    Well, the next generation XL7 or it's replacement (if it's called something else) will be based on the same GM platform as the Saturn Vue, Chevrolet Equinox, and upcoming Pontiac Torrent.
  • setzersetzer Posts: 127
    rctennis-

If the next XL-7 is based on the same platform as the Vue, Equinox, and Torrent, does that mean it won't have a 3rd row seat? Because I don't think the Vue or Equinox has a 3rd row seat...
    Oops! I'm sorry, I meant the replacement for the Grand Vitara. The replacement for the XL7 is either a different platform or GM will stretch the Equinox/Vue/Torrent platform eventually.
  • a_l_hubcapsa_l_hubcaps Posts: 518
    The Equinox platform is already stretched. It's longer than the Vue.

-Andrew L
    Well, either way...Suzuki is planning to use it for some SUV!
    GM is really putting the Theta platform to use. So many SUVs using the same platform with different engines and badges. (Torrent, VUE, Equinox)
  • anyone seen anymore info on it? I bet the new Suzuki suv will be a rebadge of the new Daewoo/Chevy that is on the show circuit
    Is there any information out there at all regarding this car?
  • I haven't seen anything more. There was never anything official from Suzuki about it...I inferred it from the fact that they registered Ignis as a US trademark. But they will have to bring out some more new models soon if they are to meet their goal of 9 new models by 2007. So far they have launched 4 of them: Verona, Forenza, Forenza Wagon and Reno. They are not counting the Aerio restyle as a "new model", based on what their press releases say. So they have 5 models to go...

-Andrew L
  • All I know about this car is what I've read on foreign automotive sites, sounds like a fun car. Hope they get it here.
  • I hope it comes here too. And the new Swift. Not the GM/daewoo Kalos badged swift plus that Canada has but the real Suzuki model.
  • I own the twin of the Swift+, the Aveo. It's a good commuter, but I would love to see Suzuki bring these cars over!

There is a review of the Ignis Sport on an Australian "auto web" site that makes me desperate to drive one.
    Could this possibly be a modern day Suzuki Samurai?
  • more models to go.... from the Edmunds, MT , ,AW, Intellichoice, etc, Future Models, you can find out more on Suzuki for 07-08,etc...

They are calling for the SX4(wagon Aerio?), and a Sporty Edition of the Reno(New model in the line up).

Would a Sporty Reno be considered separate from the normal ones?

Same for SX4. Aerio, or separate from the sedan?
This discussion has been closed.
2005 Suzuki Ignis? - Page 2 - Car Forums at Edmunds.com