Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW X3 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• gauravgulatigauravgulati Member Posts: 6
    Yes. "+ TTL" means Tax, Title & License extra. Because stactum purchased from out of state, he'll have to pay TTL at the time of getting registration in WI ( unless the dealer is somehow able to deduct WI tax.. which I highly doubt)
    edited April 2012
    So, I finally ordered my 2013 X3 xDrive 28i yesterday. Yayyy!! Delivery in 3-4 weeks

Vermillion Red - Nevada Oyster Leather - Fineline Wave Wood trim - Aluminum Roof Rails
    Premium Pkg - Tech. Pkg - Convenience Pkg - Cold Weather I Pkg

MSRP - $48,845
    OTD Selling Price - $46,000 (Incl. Doc. Fees & Dest.) + TTL extra
    Discount - $2,845+ (just about 6% off MSRP)

A.S@Bill Jacobs BMW, Naperville, IL was first to give the BO (best offer) of $46k + Doc. (Initial offer $46,635).

A.S@International BMW, Milwaukee, WI matched the offer. (He also gave the best Initial Offer $46,345)

My local dealership (B.S & R.H @Bergstrom, Appleton WI) were able to match the best Offer & included the Doc. fee in it as well. They were most courteous, accommodating, very spontaneous and transparent. They didn't even push me for Financing from BMW or Bergstrom. Even so, they suggested some CUs which had lower Rates than their Dealership. Extremely Professional & knowledgeable

Anyone looking to buy a Beemer in WI/IL region - I would definitely recommend checking with the above listed dealerships for excellent offers & treatment.

Good Luck with your Ultimate Driving Machines!
  • radoncgsradoncgs Member Posts: 60
    Hi, is this the N20 engine? Please let me know how you like it thanks.
    Yes, It is N20. 2013 X3 2.8 are N20 only. I didn't Test Drive N20 X3 2.8 (You probably won't find one on the lots yet for a test drive as people who pre-ordered, are getting their vehicles delivered now. I test drove 2012 X3 2.8 (inline 6 cyl) - in March and I did test drive 3-series (N20) a few days back. I must say, it was kool. Unless you drive both engines back 2 back - you probably won't know the difference. And, N20 is proclaimed to be faster, more powerful & more fuel efficient (with 2013 X3 having more standard features) than the 2012 X3 - ofcourse at a revised Base Price

Verdict: I liked it and ordered it. But, everyone is different.

Hope this helps.
  • pzzcatpzzcat Member Posts: 20
    edited April 2012
    Hello everyone
    here what i got MSRP$45845 offer $43,470 Good deal? Comments?
    2013 BMW X3 xDrive28i
    Exterior: Black Sapphire Metallic
    Interior: Chestnut Nevada Lthr (P1) (cleared / no charge)
    Trim: Fineline wave wood trim (Req. ZPP)
    Convenience Package
    Premium Package (required)
    Rear-view camera (Req 508)
    Panoramic moonroof (included / no charge)
    Park Distance Control (required)
    Xenon headlights (included / no charge)
    Comfort access keyless entry (P1) (included / no charge)
    Rear manual side window shades (P1) (included / no charge)
  • stactumstactum Member Posts: 39
    This is approximately 5.2% off - it is a good deal, not great deal. I talked my dealer to 7.1% discount.

Use http://www.carsolutions.com/website/index.php?section=NewVehicleSearch and add necessary options to see what the invoice on the vehicle and than compare to what dealer wants. You can probably bounce his quote off some other dealers and see if they beat it.
  • sevenawaysevenaway Member Posts: 31
    edited April 2012
    With the 2013 X3 hitting the lots now, does anyone have any insight on the possible May offers for the remaining 2012s? Any rumors?
  • sleepybubbasleepybubba Member Posts: 61
    My local dealer tried to assure me that with only a couple of 2012 xDrive28i on his lot, they would fly off the lot for MSRP, so he doesn't even have to share the quest cash.
  • sevenawaysevenaway Member Posts: 31
    Appreciate the insight. I will most likely wait until the offers come out next week before attempting a purchase.
  • bugchuckerbugchucker Member Posts: 118
    I was taught to offer invoice up, not Msrp down. Why all these percent off of Msrp posts?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527
    Because MSRP is a known price...

Negotiating from invoice up is good... if you know what number the dealer is using for invoice... many times, it ends up to be more than you thought..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• jeffreyfujeffreyfu Member Posts: 8
    I was quoted $500 above invoice on 2013 X3. There is a $1000 incentive from BMW Driving for Team USA event which will bring the total down to $500 under invoice.

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Content/Experience/Events/UDESummer.aspx
  • citroencitroen Member Posts: 1
    That sounds pretty amazing. I went to a dealer in the LA area looking for a 2013 X3 28i with about $10,000 in options and they told me they'd only take $300 off of MSRP since I was ordering a car that wasn't in dealer inventory. I've only begun the search, but that hardly seems like a deal, right!?
    It's kind of BS excuse :)

Most people order their X3 as they want them. Dealers have their production slots - it's better to fill them with pre-sold cars (like for you) than order something for the lot that will seat on it before it's sold.

The way I would approach it (kind of how I did with my purchase) - send a separate email to multiple dealers with your config and ask for their quotes. State that you will be ordering that particular configuration.
    Yes. They won't cut you a deal just because it is on their lot. They are just selling their allocation to you regardless it is on their lot or ordering new one. I am going to order it with my configuration.

I email/call all dealers within 100 miles and get quotes from them. It is best if they give you a written offer. Call the 2nd lowest offer dealership and ask them to beat your lowest written offer. Do it repeatedly until they can't go any lower. I was able to cut $1000 off the original "lowest" offer quote from one dealership.
  • jay_2013jay_2013 Member Posts: 11
    I am in the Bay Area, CA. Looking to get either a 2012 Q5 2.0T Base or the 2012/3 X3 Base. I hear that there is much less price flexibility on the Q5 than on the X3. Is that true? Also, is $1500 below MSRP a reasonable target- for either vehicle?
    edited May 2012
    On the X3, I can get $500 under invoice price with the Drive to Team USA($1000 incentive). It is about $3400 under MSRP or 9% off MSRP.
    Q5 will be going through mid-cycle refresh for 2013, even it's not changing that much visually, it will still get some new headlights, and some interior improvements. If you will find one sitting on dealer's lot - you may be able to get it reasonably cheap.

As for bimmers - even it Milwaukee the first quotes I got were about 1500$ off MSRP, I ended up getting it at invoice for 3145$ off MSRP, but yes, I guess it might be easier to get a better deal on X3 since BMW sells more cars and have more wiggle room. Also bimmer you can order just as you want it since they produced in SC. For Audis - they're all coming from Germany so it may not be as easy to get what you want.
    What dealer is $500 over invoice? In the PNW, the best offer so far is not near that price.
    I asked abount the Drive for Team USA discount. It is not available on the X3 just the 3 series. Also, it isn't until July.
    Loaded, except for kitchen sink, it has it all.

$60K OTD
    7% off MSRP- (For the dealer it was like 5% because USAA INCENTIVE of about 2%)
    It says "BMW Drive for Team USA Allowance is available on all new 2012 and 2013 BMW models". And also confirmed with my CA that it can be used for X3.
  • kohinoorkohinoor Member Posts: 16
    edited May 2012
    Are there any other incentives besides Drive for Team USA, I heard there is a $1000 incentive if you get the loan through BMW Finance. Please post your comments. Also, any input on Houston area deals greatly appreciated.
  • mizer1mizer1 Member Posts: 5
    Has everyone gotten a $599 Doc Fee? Are you able to negotiate it? I'm seeing it from everyone in the southeast and nobody is budging.
    In IL where I got the car doc fee was $161.38 from any dealer I talked to (for purchase). For lease it might be different. But $599 seems high.
    Sounds like GA or FL...

Not worth trying to negotiate them.. .just know it's coming, and factor that into what you are willing to pay for the vehicle..

I buy almost all of my new vehicles in Ohio, which restricts the fee to $250. Of course, almost every dealer will tell you that the $250 is required or mandatory. I know it's coming, so I just adjust my offers down by $250.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• rywu2012rywu2012 Member Posts: 4
    Can anyone share any recent 2012 X3 28i price paid or quoted recently from dealers around SF Bay area? I am looking at the base model with not much added options.
    Sweet. So this is not a BMW mandate - it is whatever the state will let the dealership get away with (yes it is GA - @ the person who speculated GA or FL). So if I'm buying new with a custom order - picking it up from the factory in SC - I should be able to negotiate with a dealership out of state and pay the lower doc fee. Anyone know of a state lower than IL @ $161?

I am doing the Drive Team BMW this weekend for my $1000 off. Is it correct this is generic cert with some unique number that can be used any any dealership - not just the one I do my drive at? That will impact my doc angle above. I read a post saying it comes by email 2 weeks later. Anyone have a different experience where they get it faster.
    Can anyone recommend a dealership they have purchased from that gives some sharp offers? Seems like OH or IL would be good options for me due to lower doc fees ($161-250) with factory pickup. Would prefer canvasing every dealership in a state with low doc fees...
    thanks!
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,410
    New York has a doc fee cap of $75. I live in CT and bought my '11 328xi from a dealer in NY because CT dealers charge a conveyance (DOC fee). Good luck!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

I wouldn't assume that I could get the vehicle cheaper in a state with a lower doc fee...

That's all revenue for the dealer.. If the GA dealer charges $600, then all things being equal, they should be able to put a selling price of $500 less than a dealer with a $100 doc fee...

It's the total cost that matters.... focus on that, and not how they get to it..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• beez1beez1 Member Posts: 1
    Just notified dealer that I had just ordered vehicle from another dealer yesterday and the sales person said that BMW issued a new incentive today that I should take advantage of. Any idea of what this is? Its not the Drive for Team USA as we already have that. By the way purchased

2013 x3 xdrive28i
    mineral silver
    oyster
    premium package
    convenience package
    technology package
    sports activity package
    cold weather package
    sirius sattelite radio
    BMW apps

MSRP $50,345
    Purchased for $47,205 less the 1k Team USA rebate for a total of $46,205

First BMW...Can't wait for delivery!
  • s_m_bs_m_b Member Posts: 1
    Ordered a 2013 x3 i28 last night --

Here are the specs:

Alpine White
    Oyster Interior, Fineline Wave Wood Trim
    Cold Weather Package
    Convenience Package
    Premium Package
    Sat Radio
    Rear View Camera
    Park Distance Control

MSRP: 46,345

Got it to $43,300 + TTL

First BMW - I am pretty excited.
    Wow. Seems like a pretty good deal. Is that out the door including tax and all?

Did you ever find out what the new incentive is? Only thing I see out there is $1k for recent college grad.
    Confirming it works on X3's. Just got mine and applied it to my sales order. The date varies by region. They move from dealership to dealership across the country. In July they are in the NY area.
  • 2013x32013x3 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2012
    I had to post my price on here since this forum helped me negotiate my price in Phoenix AZ:

2013 x28
    Vermillion Red Metallic
    Premium Package
    Heated Seats
    BMW Assist
    Satelite radio
    Parking Assist

MSRP $45645
    Discount 6.8% $3104
    Plus $1000 BMW Drive USA
    Total $41,541+ttl
    Total off 9%

Thanks for the posts. The first dealership was giving me 2% off and told me it was a good deal. The Costco price was 4% off MSRP. I told them I was looking for 7% off and I thought this was a good offer.
  • jmcbmwjmcbmw Member Posts: 85
    edited May 2012
    Here's what I ordered (pretty nicely I think). First time ordering exactly what I wanted! Happy with the deal too but have the option to get June rates if better as the X3 is arriving next month. I think it's about 8.5% discount including the extra $1000. If anyone knows the exact math would appreciate as well as if you think this is a good lease deal.

2013 X3 xDrive28i: w/ Sport Activity Package, Convenience Package, Cold Weather Package, Premium Package, Technology Package, Sirius Radio 1 yr
    Black Sapphire Metallic, Mojave Leather, Fineline Wave Wood Trim

MSRP: $50,095
    Selling Price: $45,915 (includes $1000 Drive Team USA discount)
    $1000 Cap Cost Reduction (additional drive off cash from me-normally wouldn't do but will be applying for a mortgage re-fi soon and need the payment under $700)
    Net Cap Cost: $44,915
    55% (15K miles-$27,552 residual)
    MF: .00190 (4.56%)
    36 months
    Payment: $619.99
    CA Tax: 8.75%: $54.25
    Total Payment: $674.24

Drive off $3004.11 which includes bank Fee $725, Doc Fee $45, First payment, DMV, 0.00 Sec Deposit and my $1K Cap reduction. They are including a new set of BMW X3 all weather floor mats at drive off.

Anyone know about last minute Memorial Day Loyalty incentives? I just got a letter from BMW in the mail announcing but not specifiying (of course).
  • pallabpallab Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_Man and Others, I am in MA and I am looking for a 2013 X3 xDrive35i with the following :

Titanium Silver Metallic
    Black Nevada Leather
    Fineline Wave Wood Trim
    Cold Weather Package
    Cold Weather Package II
    Premium Package
    Technology Package

What would be a good lease amount for 36 months (10K/year mileage) ?
    How would it be different if instead I went for a 28i with similar features/upgrades ?

Also, I have 2 other BMW's ? Do I qualify for some BMW loyalty program, and if yes,
    how much rebate can I expect ? Also, is there any other rebate/program that is
    going on, or I can qualify for ?

Thanks in advance.
  • zeerazeera Member Posts: 18
    Hi guys,
    I received the following quote from one of the dealer for a 2013 X28i- can you please let me know if this sounds about right.
    MSRP - 48,595
    Selling Price - 46,638
    Residual - 57%
    Fees in all - $380

with ZERO down - they are asking for $779 per month for 36 omnths with 12K miles.
    Can I go any lower? Please advise as I need to close this deal by MOnday.
  • jmcbmwjmcbmw Member Posts: 85
    I asked the same question about loyalty incentives and was told nothing on the X3 right now other than the $1000, good toward any new BMW if you went to the Drive Team USA event.
  • shin2sxshin2sx Member Posts: 3
    Ordered this last night

-Carbon Black / Mojave interior
    -Premium Pack
    -Cold Weather Pack I / II
    -Convenience Pack
    -Technology Pack
    -M Sport Pack

MSRP: 52,045
    Invoice: 47,825
    Price: 48,353 - 1000 (drive for team USA discount) = 47,353.

around 9% off MSRP.

after tax tag doc fee, I got 49,100 OTD. Pretty good price I thought.
  • mroctobermroctober Member Posts: 21
    What's the sales tax in your state? with CA sales tax 8.75% the deal looks ok for top tier credit and absolutely 0 out the door (1st pmt, acquisition fee, ttl, misc).

If you can find another acceptable alternative at another dealership and ready to walk away from this deal, I would say it's not hard to go $10~15/mo. lower.

Happy deal'n
  • jremorejremore Member Posts: 1
    I'm in NE CT and am willing to travel to MA, RI, etc to find the best deal. Any recommendations? The 2 dealers I have been to are only willing to go 5% below MSRP and I think I can do 7%.

I've been working off of dealer invoice from cars.com, but the dealer always has their additional advertising, etc fees they want to include.
  • sleepybubbasleepybubba Member Posts: 61
    I have 2012 BMW X3 xDrive28i with 3,700 miles on it offered for 33K. Not many options other than sunroof. Is it a good deal?
  • silverheartsilverheart Member Posts: 2
    curious about the BMW Drive USA incentive .

is that apply to anyone? or just whoever got the letter?
  • silverheartsilverheart Member Posts: 2
    We are trying to buy this 2013 X3 28i by the end of this month

Jet Black
    Premium Package
    Convienience Package
    Technology Package
    Heated Front seats
    BMW APP
    Satin Aluminum Roof Rail

MSRP 48345

Dealer gimme this finally selling price 46025

with CA's sales tax it would be 50165 OTD price

How's this deal?

PS: If this is not working out. I want to order the carbon black color

is the M sport package worth it?
  • philliniphillini Member Posts: 5
    I went to the webpage and signed up, having lost the letter from many months before. I was able to choose the location and time. Got a confirmation email with a day or two. Driving in the event this Saturday (6/23/2012).
  • myxmyx Member Posts: 1
    love my M package. Seats are nicer and better steering wheel. Plus the 19in rims look good. My problem is that I only have had it 3 weeks and this is the third time it has been in the dealership for loud noisy engine. sounds like a diesel. BMW are trying to tell me that this is normal.
  • shin2sxshin2sx Member Posts: 3
    My msrp was 52045. my purchase price was 47500 - 1000 drive team USA event..

my otd was 48300 at the end..

But my sales tax in VA is 3%.. compared to CA tax..
    I think you have more room to negotiate definitely.. I'd try to go below invoice..
    It is normal. Mine sounds kind of like diesel on idle. Check more on check X Bimmers Forum, but it is what it is.