Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes-Benz: Future Models

Comments

• merc1merc1 Posts: 6,081
    Mercedes has some type of debut planned for the Chicago Autoshow this week it seems. The S450 or GL550 are the only possibilities I can think of. It certainly won't be the facelifted SL or E-Class. The ML63 could be another possibility? Or even the V8 engine change overs for the ML.

M
  • The look and stance of the C class spy photos is all S-class. IMO the look is right on target and should greatly boost C class sales.

The faster the new C is on the lots the better!

As to Chicago: I expect it will be the new V-8s in the ML.
  • Mercedes is coming out with the GL450 in March to compete with the LX470.
    In reading your profile I see you're a Benz salesman. A few questions. Do you know the new V8s will be placed into the R/M/CLK/E models? Another salesperson said that the S450 was delayed??? If you would please. :D

M
    Well I see now they're talking about the ML63 and R63 debuting in Chicago this week. Those models were a given I think. Me wanted a surprise!!!

M
  • Base price of $140,675.

Biturbo V-12 with 510 HP and 612 ft/lb torque (at 1800 rpm!) Engine uses various metals: cast iron, aluminium and magnesium.

'Higher level of wood and leather' compared to the base S class sedans.

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2006/02/09/210135.html
  • albellalbell Posts: 185
    Oh my. When will the HP madness end ;)
    What you talkin' bout? The new S600 "only" has 510hp...lol!!!!

Wait until the S65 AMG goes sale.

I see the new S-Class has arrived. Local dealer had a truck load of them pulling up last night.

M
  • Dear Merc,

Been waiting to add an E-550 4-Matic Wagon to my S-430 4-Matic fleet.
    Have been absolutely resistant to buying Sensormatic brakes.

I hear the '07 E will eliminate those in favor of conventional hydraulics.

True?

Availability of such a model anytime this year?
    All true. I would expect the E550 this summer like June/July and the SBC brakes gone!!!

M
    The AMG parade starts:

Presenting the CLK63 AMG:

In Short 482hp and 465lb-ft of torue, 2007 model for the U.S. late summer/fall. Replaces the current CLK55 AMG Cabriolet on the U.S. market. The CLK55 Coupe was dropped for 2006. No word on wether or not we'll get the CLK63 Coupe.

Also the CLS63 AMG:

In short: 515hp and 465lb-ft of torque, replaced the CLS55 AMG. More hp, less torque, but more gears.

German Article

It appears that the new CL may be at Geneva also. If that is the case, there should be a press release with the offical pics any day now. The CLS63 and CLK63 will all be at Geneva. The regular CLS and CLK models should also be shown with the new 5.5L V8 from the S550 at this time also.

M
    Offical press release on the CLK63, CLS63, and facelifted SL models.

M
  • Thanks as usual for all the info, Merc1.

Have you seen HP/Torque numbers for the SL 65 AMG anywhere?
    The numbers for the SL65 stay the same I think 612hp and 738lb-ft of torque or 604hp in U.S. numbers.

M
  • will have a HP/torque boost in the next 12-18 months.

The spread between the V-8 and the V-12 has traditionally been greater than what it now is.
    Well when they do come out with the SL/CL/S "63" models they'll likely have a turbo version of the new AMG V8 with like 550-570hp. At that time I expect the "65" cars to get a boost to 650hp to keep them comfortably ahead of the new V8 models. I'm betting on the 2008 model year for this to take place.

M
  • That would be my guess about the timetable also. When this happens:

1) the actual HP spread between the V-8 and V-12 SLs will be bigger than ever.

2) on a percentage basis (14% boost from 570HP to 650 HP) the difference will be less than in the past.

For instance in 2002, the SL 600 was almost 29% more powerful than the SL 500, having 389 HP vs. the 302 HP of the V-8.
    I'm reading now on GCZ (GermanCarZone) that Mercedes is going to show a direct-injection version of the 3.5L V6. It produces 292hp (288 in the U.S.)/270 lb-ft torque in the facelifted E350 with a projected 26.6 MPG rating. Just like always expect this engine to spread to all the "350" models before the end of 2006. When I see something offical I'll post it here of course. This was taken from a rough translation of a German magazine. All of this is supposed to be shown at Geneva in a week or so.

M
  • SL 350 be available in the US at some point?
This discussion has been closed.