Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes-Benz: Future Models

Comments

• merc1merc1 Posts: 6,081
    Yeah I think the E550 will appear at the same time the E gets a facelift, for the 2007 model year. This could be pushed up to next spring if the E's sales drops too much in the face of all the new competition. Then again this all depends on when these new V8s will be shown. The IAA (Frankfurt autoshow) will give a much clearer picture on this subject. On other board they're saying there will be two E-Class V8s like the S-Class has always had. Like an E450 with 325-340hp and a E550 with 380-410hp. Sounds good to me. Though an E550 will be a 70K E-Class for sure.

M
  • benzfansbenzfans Posts: 3
    how about the 2006 SL-class,any changes? are they gonna have the SL350 with new V6 engine ?
    I'm most sure that that the 2006 SL won't see any changes, but the 2007 model will including a new V8. The U.S. market won't see the SL350 either. SL and CL are V8s only and upper V8s at that. No V6s or small V8 engines in this market.

Stroudman,

On my usual Sunday stroll through the local Benz lot I noticed today that the dealer here has every version of the AMG S, CL and SL cars you could want. CL65, SL65 and a particularly sinister looking S65. There seemed to be a lot of CLK55s both coupes and cabrios. There are also a lot of regular SL, 2006 S-Classes and 2005 CLKs in stock too. Not an SLK in sight and just two CLSs. I did this same walk around about 3 weeks ago and nearly all the Es and 2005 S-Classes are gone they're all 2006 models now. I noticed the sport package wheel has changed on the S. Looks good. A proper sendoff for the S-Class imo.

When does the S350 arrive?

Is your dealership stocking up for an anticipated spring rush on coupes and especially convertibles like the local dealer here seems to have done?

How many MLs have left your store so far?

M
  • stroudmanstroudman Posts: 192
    merc, sounds like your local dealer is really dripping with fat. Must be a big store. I could only dream of having that kind of inventory. In june we will get only our 2ND W211 E55 ever. Have yet to see our 1st SLK, CLS in AMG guise. Our little corner of the market just doesn't support alot of the big machines. Last summer, my co-worker sold a CL65 to one of his better clients. What a car...

At this point we've sold 2 of our first 4 m-class. The 400 lb. gorillas in our AOI have sold out, and are now calling us to trade! Did you drive one yet? For an SUV, I like it alot. This is convertible season, so we keep as many as the factory will let us have, but we're peanuts compared to the other dealers in our area. We have 2 SLK's, 1 SL500, 2 CLS500's, no CLK cab's, 2 coupes.

-The S350 should get to us, barring any hold-ups, around the middle of may. I think the dealers up northeast way are going to get them sooner, but not sure if they just had them allocated sooner, not delivered for launch sooner. Our 1st will be black/black, xenons and some other bits. About a $68k car. Should be a pretty cool rig.
    Yep they are a big dealer. Nope I haven't driven the new ML yet. I'll wait till the hoopla quiets down, too many people (i.e. real buyers) in line to drive them right now. SUVs of course aren't my thing, but I'll drive it when things quiet down. Today was my first time seeing CL or S65. Those wheels are down right scary looking.

There is another dealer here (Motor Werks in Barrington IL) that has so many SLs and other rare Mercedes models its unbelievable. They also sell Porsche, Infiniti, BMW and others and they're in one of the richest areas outside of Chicago. Looking at their lot is like being in a dream.

M
    The facelift of course includes the new V6 changing the CLK320 to the CLK350, but the exterior changes are very subtle.

Stroudman, any idea when the 06' CLK arrives?

M
    Mid to late summer is what we're hearing, but they love to keep everything vague.
  • clkmanclkman Posts: 2
    Does anyone know whether Mercedes may introduce a version of the forthcoming CLK350 with the same 6-speed manual transmission as the SLK350?
    I seriously doubt that. The CLK has never had a stick shift in the U.S. For them to do that they'd have to offer a sport package of some sort. I see they have done that with the European E and CLK models, but the U.S information is unclear. I'm not even sure if a manual is available with the CLK350 in Europe.

M
  • clkmanclkman Posts: 2
    You're probably right, but I bet Mercedes could sell a boatload of them. It would take a nice bite out of BMW's market share, methinks.
    I'd like to think they would, but ultimately Mercedes isn't going to make a CLK sporty enough for 330Ci buyers to really consider it, even if did have a stick.

M
    CLK manual shift? I don`t quite like it!!every mercedes manual shift are odd.It will be like the CE-class model,well if they gonna have in here,maybe the price is little bit cheaper than now.
    I heard 2006 CLK have new AMG Sport-Package,what it look like?
    merc1 seeems to have better resources for the photos of upcoming stuff, at least I don't have the time to hunt them down. If I had to BS a bit, I would guess it will have similar design signitures to the new M-class, and CLS-class with sport/appearance pkgs on them, since they're the most recent shifts. Any pics, merc?
  • Hope so. My next car will be a C280 4MATIC, if they would just release the darn things. I know they don't want to compete with the BMW 3 class rollout (and get ignored) nor with their own ML rollout, but would be nice for those of us who want to do EDP if they could get us the info and allow us to order our cars.

My 2002 C230k Coupe lease is up in September. I can extend it on a monthly basis until the car gets here, but would rather get into that new car sooner than later!
    Here is the article:

http://www.germancarfans.com/news.cfm/newsid/2050404.006

and some pics:

Now keep in mind that in Europe the CLK500 doesn't wear the AMG package that we get standard here. The "sport package" talked about here is for European market cars so I'm doubtful there will be any real changes to the U.S. market CLK. However I don think the CLK350 will be available with the same body kit that the CLK500 wears as standard, just like they did with the last few years of the previous CLK320 vs the CLK430. There is new sport package for the E-Class too in Europe, but our AMG Sport and Appearance packages didn't change here so I'm thinking the same will happen with the CLK. All I can see is them offering the AMG styling kit as factory option for the CLK350 models. Suspension tunning, different seats, and exhaust like on the C-Class I don't see happening for the CLK. Then again you never know. Stroudman will probably get the info first whenever the dealers are told in detail about the 2006 CLK.

M
    I think you'll be able to get a C280 4Matic long before September. I would say the first C280s will get here when the C350s do, like June or so.

M
  • costanzacostanza Posts: 3
    Does anyone know if the 2006 C230 V6 will keep the AMG bodykit? Will it be priced close to the current C230?

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!
    C.
    Anyone know if the '06 C230 will retain the AMG lower body molding?
  • damienwgdamienwg Posts: 39
    I just got off the phone with Mercedes-Benz USA and the representative said all of the new '06 CLKs are set to arrive in July '05. Production is on-schedule!

I'm bloody giddy. I'm this close to driving down to the dealer to reserve mine now.

If I could just get some performance data for the CLK 350Cab. Anyone know the 0-60 for the '06 CLK350 Cab?

Has the CLK350/CLK350Cab been test driven by one of the car magazines yet?
    Anyone have it yet?
    No tests of the CLK350 yet and no pricing for the 2006 C either, not yet. Look for all of this in May/June timeframe. The automags should have their first drive of the CLK in their June issues and the roadtests of the C350/280 should appear in the June/July issues of most magazines.

The cars will be on the lots by then, at least the C-Class should be.

M
  • Thanks. I hope they do. But Euro Delivery of a 4matic takes up to 4 months from order date, then up to another 6 weeks for California delivery.

That could be over 5 months before I get my car! Now, it I could order the thing now, I could have it by October at the latest. But if they make me wait until June with the C350, or even later, to order the car because it isn't "on sale" yet (even though they are making them now, most likely), that would push me back to November or later...

:( :cry: :sick:
    A little more info on the 2006 CLK:

http://www.germancarfans.com/news.cfm/newsid/2050421.004

Looks good to me!

M
  • scott1256scott1256 Posts: 531
    I see the SL is available this year in silver with a red interior.

This traditional MB color combination caught my eye when I saw it on a 300 SL years ago.

I have not yet seen a car with this color combination - have you?
    brilliant silver w/ berry red has always been available, it's just not very popular, b/c it's a special order only combo.
    I see someone on the Prices Paid board has driven a S350, I'm assuming they've arrived? Any interest in them, if you have some in?

M
    some of the big markets have their first one by now I'm sure. Ours is due in 2-3 weeks, and I can't wait. You probably already knew this, but it caught me by suprise - the engine is the 3.7 liter from the old ML350, not the new 3.5 liter. Makes sense, since that car is only new to us, not Europe. That is going to be one cool car IMO.
    "You probably already knew this, but it caught me by suprise - the engine is the 3.7 liter from the old ML350, not the new 3.5 liter."

Yep, that was the first thing I noticed a few months ago when the S350 all of a sudden appeared on MBUSA.com. I guess a 268hp V6 is too close to the 275hp V8 of the S430. More importantly we'll get the new S350 with the new V6 it seems otherwise I don't see why they'd bother giving us an S350 so late in the current S-Class' model run.

M
This discussion has been closed.