Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Kia Sedona

Comments

• hansiennahansienna Member Posts: 2,312
    What was the MSRP on a 2006 Glacier Blue Sedona LX? Thanks.
  • wolfman1192wolfman1192 Member Posts: 11
    Price it out here
  • pinoydocpinoydoc Member Posts: 3
    This is my first time to post. Thanks for everybody's input. I had test-driven a 2006 EX Sedona today. It had leather seats, but no DVD, no navigation. The sticker price was just over 31K. I was pleased with the ride and the acceleration, and the power doors, seats, etc. I have already test-driven the Odyssey and the Sienna and think the 06 Sedona compares very well. The dealer is not aware of any planned incentives for the 06 (but they are giving major cash-back to clear out the 05s). HOWEVER...IMHO unless they price the Sedona at about $3k less than a comparably equipped Sienna or Odyssey, I think I will go with the proven, reliable Toyota or Honda. We won't be buying a van yet till maybe March or April 2006, so I am following this thread closely. I would like to hear continuing feedback RE your Sedona, luvsavnmuny.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    That's pushing it. You'd be risking pretty steep depreciation after just a couple of years. Wheel and deal, you should be able to get that down to $28k or less.

-juice
  • artgpoartgpo Member Posts: 483
    I looked at a white LX model this morning. It seems to be an exact clone of the Odyssey. If it has the quality reputation of the Odyssey they will sell well. It seems well made with good fit and finish, similar to my wife's '05 Sportage. I do not like the spare tire under the floor behind the front seats. Only negative I could see. I drive an '06 Odyssey but I would recommend you look at the new Sedona before buying. The price is very appealing.
  • beyond_helpbeyond_help Member Posts: 110
    while my sorento (lemon) was being worked on still again i had PLENTY of time in the showroom to look over 06 sedona with factory tag price of 29K.

i was glad to see they made an excellent move by replacing the 3.5 liter hyundai sigma (junk) engine with the new veriable valve timing 3.8 liter engine supposedly 3mpg more on average than with the 3.5

leather, power option and other goodies a very nice vehicle, but i must say kia quailty is still hit or miss

sitting next to the sedona was a new sorento with a/c compressor oil leaking from the right side of the a/c condensor (the part in front of the radiator) at a seam

i mentioned it to a mechanic who walked by and he verified it. whether it will get fixed befor it gets sold is in question (i know this dealership)

sorry kia your quality is not good enough for me to buy another one
  • luvsavnmunyluvsavnmuny Member Posts: 6
    few posts back. So good, but 3 things really don't like ... #1 the lever booster on the drivers chair as it is not an automatic seat sticks out ... and hit it or catch it as get out of the vehicle ... often drop the seat ... the seat should have a tad more padding flaring out ... or the lever tucked a tad more in ... I hate this ... to the point that I would not buy, but now I'm in ...

#2 ... hate just as much that the inner support of the arm rests does not extend to the end ... that is put pressure on the outter two inches of armrest and it just bends like rubber ... not good ... cheap... and so cheap to fix ... notice the EX leather pictured in books etc, has a plastic support extending out to the very end of the underside of the armrest cushion ... LX does not ... I hate this ... and would buy Chrysler if could do it again right now ... these little deatails are not noted anywhere, but the are different in EX and LX ...

#3 ... also not noted in literature, but caught after purchase ... the lighted vanity mirrors on EX are not on LX ... can live with, but so cheap and so much nicer ... hate this absence on the LX too.

Why would I buy Chrysler and not move up to EX Kia if could do again ... the whole point of a KIA is good value ... period ... not over Honda or Toyota, but everybody ... as quality goes ... I think my car falls a tad short of Honda ... I don't care for Toyota ... after careful consideration I think their van is crap ... not including things like disc breaks, but for more money weir packages etc. ... I think Chrysler is classy ... seeing it more now ... but here the thing ... a 29 k Chrysler Touring Van including screen air bags (should be standard) and moving pedal ... could be had over Christmas when I bought my Kia ... for 29 minus 2500 rebate for 26.5 minus 1500 finance is 25 k ... with tough negotiating 2k more off is 23 k that is is a loaded Chrysler for the same 23 I paid for the base KIA ...

If I could do it again ... I'd buy the Chrysler Touring with airbags and power pedals ... for same money ... and have gained Cassette and CD gained homelink ... gained alloy wheels ... gained all rear seats disappearing ... gained the miles of freedom warranty equal to KIA ... gained lighted vanity mirrors .... power seats minus the cheap lever on the KIA ... and decent armrests with support to the very end.

I'm a KIA new owner and still happy, but ....

As for vehicle so far noticed hood misaligned from factory took back and dealer had adjusted......noticed last night the lights were misaligned ... and dealer did not install mudflaps which were in his get this 599 fee ... that almost busted the deal ... but we hammered out around ... that's a story in it's self

I'll keep you up to date ... as time goes by ...

Lovin my Kia more as time goes by but after a life long Chrysler go .... three generations ... I see that Chrysler really does make a great van ...
  • spectramanspectraman Member Posts: 255
    Luv:

Can you breakdown your cost info for us? Such as what was the sticker on your LX, what incentives (if any) did you get, what did you negotiate off, etc.

A local dealer (Glassman Kia in Southfield Michigan) had a newspaper ad showing a new 2006 LX for sale for $15k ("...was $24,450"), excluding only tax, doc, and destination. There were none of the usual small print "...plus $3000 cash or trade-in equivalent" funny business disclosed at the bottom of the ad.

It almost sounds too good to be true. But... if it is true, I could probably live with the flimsy armrests and jutting out handles for an $8k savings! :-)

Just as long as the basic overall quality is as good as my 2004.5 Spectra!!!

-SM
  • hansiennahansienna Member Posts: 2,312
    MSRP $ 25,595 + Destination $ 670 = $ 26,265. The 2006 is MUCH larger than the 2002-2005 Sedona and much nicer. The list of standard equipment is TOO long for me to remember but I do recall that power sliding doors are NOT standard. (Suits me as I am not a fan of power sliding doors.)
    The 3rd row 60/40 split fold-into-the-floor seat is not as comfortable for an adult as the 3rd row seat of Sienna or Odyssey as it is closer to the floor. Cargo space behind 3rd row looked equal to the Sienna or Odyssey.
    The Sedona is a most viable competitor to any brand. ;)
  • bluedevilsbluedevils Member Posts: 2,554
    there's no way that was a legit price on a 2006 Sedona. must have been a typo (unintentional or intentional?)-- surely that deal was for a 2005. that $15k price MIGHT be conceivable, with the big rebates and maybe Kia loyalty. i just don't see how/why they'd even ADVERTISE a 2006 that cheap. it seems out of proportion to what people seem to be paying on these vans right now.
    My guess it that's a deal on a 2005, basically a typo.

-juice
    You guys were right.... that price WAS too good to be true.

I told my local sales guy about the competitor's ad, and he told me to look at it a little more closely.

The text says:

New Sedona LX - $14,995 Original List: $24,995

The picture shown is the *new* 2006 Sedona, BUT note the one thing the text is missing.... the MODEL YEAR! This Southfield Michigan-based KIA dealership is doing a classic bait-and-switch on the ad reader!

Talk about an outfit using one of the oldest and scummiest tricks in the book to get a customer in the door.

It's obvious that the dealership thinks its potential clients are too clueless or oblivious to tell the difference in a picture between the new and old models.

DUH....!

-SM
  • ekoeglerekoegler Member Posts: 11
    Well, (if you look in the prices paid forum) i picked up my new '06 EX today, with the luxury and power package. For prices and stuff, see my posts in the other forum.

I bought this, specifically because it offered all the content of a Honda Touring model, at a far better price. A few things that I discovered, that you won't find in the literature:

1. The power sliding doors and tailgate can operate in manual or full auto mode. There's a button that controls that on the dash. I thought they were only manual unless you used the keyfob or dash controls: not so.

2. The "mode" button on the steering column has the rather stupid function of picking between FM1, FM2, CD, Tape. WHY??? On my honda I can channel surf with it, which makes soooo much more sense.

3. I love the "mute" feature on the steering wheel.

4. Power adjustable pedals are awesome. The memory feature allows you to recall the power pedal setting, seat setting, and outside mirror settings at a touch.

5. The outside mirrors auto heat when you turn on the rear defroster.

6. The outside mirros have an auto-tilt function (5 degrees) that you can turn off or set to passenger only.

7. THe MPG calucations are based on average, not instanteanous like some car manufacters. I've put a whopping 50 miles on the car now, and have an avg. of 18.5 MPG. That was mostly highway at 80-85MPH (shh, don't tell. :)

8. The model I bought had roof rail crossbars installed. I don't know if that's a dealer accessory or not, but they're on there. Not sure if that's stock, maybe somebody else can weigh in?

9. I like that the hood doesn't require a strut to stay open.

10. Engine bay is very well organized.

11. Wish the "tray" that was between the front seats was actually a storage bin. There isn't as much storage as compared to an Odyssey. (But that's like saying the great lakes aren't quite as large as an ocean)

Well, all in all I'm delighted with the car. Looking forward to reading other initial owner experiences.
    Congrats on your purchase. Just 1 question: what the heck are you doing running a brand-new engine at 80-85 mph? Has the notion of engine break-in gone out the window and I didn't know about it?
  • qualquieraqualquiera Member Posts: 3
    Well, the user manual did say there was no required break-in and that you should drive at variable speed. I suppose Eko started at the upper end of the range.
    The manual said to run it at variable speeds, and not to floor it for the first 600 miles. That's about it. If you read the "mototuneusa" guide to breaking in racing engines, it gives me the opposite advice. I don't think it really matters much. :)

All I know is that after one day of ownership, I love everything about this car except the radio. why why why does mode change from FM1 to FM2 instead of through the channels. Singles biggest thing I miss from my Honda.
  • vannervanner Member Posts: 47
    I was on the Kia page today and noticed they rate the (US version)'06 Sedona's mpg with PREMIUM fuel.

Does this thing take regular or premium, ekoegler?

Our '05 Sedona is hard pressed to top 15 mpg city with 5G miles so far, but going to premo at these prices wouldn't make the '06 worth it, either, even if it DID make the EPA wild guess, I wouldn't think.

vanner
  • vannervanner Member Posts: 47
    MY BAD! It is the HP and Torque they rate with high-test. I just went back and checked.

But I still would like to know which fuel the 06 uses.

Also, whose tires are on them? I'm sure not fond of these Hankooks.
    The owners manual states you must run a minimum octane of 87, and I verified it with the dealer before I bought it. The avg. mpg (I know have 167 miles on it) varies between 17.5 to 19.5. I've yet to see it break 20. I'm already at half a tank. That's almost entirely highway miles, but w/o cruise for most of it.

The tires are Michellen brand, 17" rims, I think they are 235, but I don't recall the height, 60 maybe. Not sure what type of michellen tires though.
    I have to say that my wife and I are overly impressed with this vehicle and how far Kia (Hyundai Motors) has come in such a short period. After looking at the Sienna, Oddysey, Uplander and Town and Country this van is the best bang for the buck....even if I did not get any rebates. The sticker on my van was $29,665 and I was able to get the dealership to sell me the van at $28,200. Compare that with a comparable Sienna and Oddysey and you are looking at between 36K and 39K. The fit and finish of the interior and exterior is a step above the American minivans is on par with Japanese competitors. The powerful V6 delivers a powerful punch off the line and plenty of midrange torque for great passing power. The ride quality is great, especially on the highway. The passenger space, clever compartments and cup holders (even in the third row) is more than adequate for those long drives. If I had to list any negatives about the van they would be
    - gas mileage in the city is a bout 15mpg and about 20mpg on the highway
    - the doors do not automatically lock when the vehicle is put in drive like some of the other competitors.
    - there is no warning when the sliding doors are open and you put the vehicle in drive or reverse (not to say I have driven with the doors open but IT COULD HAPPEN!! lol)
    - could be more radio controls on the steering wheel

My advice to anyone looking at the 2006 Kia Sedona is buy the EX model and not the LX. There is definitely a difference in overall interior quality and comfort. Kia has hit a Grand Slam with this one.....way to go KIA!!!
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    You might look at the owner's manual regarding the auto locks. It is possible they are there but just not programmed yet. For example, the Sonata comes from the factory with the auto locks disengaged; the dealer needs to program them if the owner requests it.
    Nothing in there about auto-locks. THey did mention you can selectivley unlock one or all doors using the key, by turning it twice within 3 seconds.
    Thanks Backy...will look into it!!
  • aegis65aegis65 Member Posts: 1
    Just bought our EX new 2006 Sedona in silver gray!!! I live in the Dallas, TX area and they just started to arrive at dealerships. Sticker on my van was $29,665 and I was able to get the dealership to give me a $500 customer loyalty discount plus another $1,000 plus they threw the DVD for free (a $1050 value). Final price was $27,165. We traded in our 2002 Sedona. Ride is a great improvement compared to the first Sedona. I agree that exterior and interior finish has also greatly improved and comparable with Japanese competitors.

I also advice to go with EX model instead of the LX. Also as my own experience has demonstrated, dealers are willing to negotiate on price.
    you won't do too well on gas driving @ 85mph!
    According to my dealer, My Sedona EX was the first one purchased in Canada (I purchased January 3rd). Could be just a sales pitch from the dealer but anyway ...

I traded in 2003 version and so far have no regret. All the good thing that have been said so far holds through so I don't need to repeat them. I will just point out the concerns I have so far and everyone can comment.

1. I had winter wheels one my '03 so the first thing I did was to go over to Canadian Tire to enquire on getting winter wheels. The 17in rims with 6 lugs and also the tire will have to be special ordered. Kind of pricey too ... oops.

2. The dealer had installed the remote starter in my '03 and it works beautifully. They have installed it in this '06 (so they say), but did not get it to work. They say they are still awaiting to get circuit schematic from Kia (??). They event went as far as to say they can't get info from Kia Korea(???). Anyway I am waiting still ... patiently.

3. They've taken away the power control from the passenger front seat. I expect this will be a future upgrade.

4. The radio has already been mentioned, but I have to mention again that what comes installed in the top-of-the-line model is a real step backwards. I think they are saving the good radios for future upgrade.

5. Because of the sub-standard radio, the DVD they installed can only be played through FM. This make the steering wheel Mode button useful for flipping between radio (FM1) and DVD (FM2). So far so good. Side effect is the FM sound whistles with the sound of the engine. The guys at FutureShop/BestBuy says that some grounding is not done properly. ... Well at least I get to hear when the motor changes gear. I have my eye on the Eclipse AVN5435 so I am not too worried.

6. I have been to three gas stations where the pump nozzle does not seem to like the gas tank head of the '06 Sedona. One (the very first one) overflowed, two kept shutting off (like the do when the tank is full). I find there is a special way you have to position the nozzle to get it to work. Not really nice in the Canadian winter. On the bright side, it's been a mild winter so far. I have been to other pumps that work just fine, so .... who knows. .... oh ... I got a free car wash at the pump that overflowed (I blamed the pump and the attendant gave me a free wash).

I got a few more concerns that I will add a little later, but right now the boss is coming around.

The ride experience is a big improvement, comfort and convenience are definitely big improvements. Let's hope the support structure also made a forward step, and KIA will definitely become a top choice.
    Well,

I just took a long road trip up to Michigan and back. So far, here is our averages with about 700 miles on the Sedona:

City 15.5-17.5
    Driving up to Michigan: 24.9 MPG @ 74 MPH
    Driving back down 75 to Ohio: 20.5 MPG @ 74 MPH

The weather driving back down today was terrible, with a heavy wind and rain, so I had the wipers, lights, and defrost on.

Overall, I think the mileage is realistic compared to the EPA numbers. I was really pleased with the mileage on the way up. I also cross-compared the MPG average shown on the trip computer, with actuals with the pump receipts, and they are spot on.

Other observations:

This van just ate up the miles. I still felt refreshed and comfortable after the 4 hour drive.

There stereo isn't half-bad,when you set the bass to +6. Not a high quality sound mind you (poor sound stage, boomy bass), but for a soccer mom vehicle, it's passable. It's no Mark Levinson system, but for the price, I shouln't have too high an expectation.
    keep us posted on your van's fuel economy as the engine continues to break in. You should see improvement once your van has a few more thousand miles on it.

Seems Kia has cut corners on the sound system. Our 2002 has what I consider a very good system. In fact, it is much better than I would have expected in a $24,000 minivan. I'm an audio enthusiast, not an audiophile, to give you an idea where I'm coming from. Our Sedona's stereo sounds as good as most of the audio-company branded stock systems (Bose, Infinity, etc) I've heard in other non-luxury vehicles. Pretty tight and reasonably deep bass, surprising clarity and detail and pretty good dynamic range. I consider the stereo to be one of our Sedona's strong suits.
  • tmaliktmalik Member Posts: 27
    qualquiera,

I live in Ontario and am in the market for a minivan. Just curious how much over invoice you were able to get your Sedona for? Were there any other incentives they offered? I don't see much on their website in the way of offers, not surprisingly.

I'm assuming you cross-shopped it with the Honda/Toyota offerings. If you did, was there any specific deal-clincher that you made you go for the Kia? Thanks!
  • tmaliktmalik Member Posts: 27
    I see Edmunds hasn't even done a First drive of the new Sedona. Has anyone found any extensive reviews of the Sedona. Even better would be a direct comparison test of this against the competition. Maybe the media's waiting for the Hyundai version to debut before doing a thorough comparison.
  • mechanic80mechanic80 Member Posts: 122
    You'll find a rather extensive review of the new SEDONA on AUTOMOBILE.COM (their magazine website) posted late December, 2005. No side-by side comparison, but several specs, features and dimensions referenced. If I didn't know better, I'd say KIA paid handsomely for the praise, but the SEDONA stands on its own merits! :)
    tmalik,

There was not much incentive being offered. At the time is was just a $512 off.

I was split between getting the Oddy/touring pkg or the Sedona/Luxury. Was looking at ~$16,000 difference. Although not exactly apple-apple, but this week I am having an eclipse navigation unit and some other whistles installed ($3000) in the Sedona. That is taking me closer to apple-apple.

The Sedona is definitely not an oddy, but it does compare well. I do prefer the Oddy, but am not disappointed I went with the Sedona, especially at $12000 less for near equivalent.
    I like $12,000 a lot, myself. If you decide you don't want it, my address is...

;)

-juice
  • rover222rover222 Member Posts: 1
    As I write this the bottom line is I can buy
    A Dodge Grand Carivan SXT for LESS than the BASE 2006 KIA sedona.

The Grand Carivan SXT has many more features than the KIA
    also.
    It also has a $4K rebate and the 2006 KIA SEDONA HAS ZERO.

Lets go KIA, get you act together if you want more market share.
    Well, it's a new van, and has a lot more horsepower. Wait a year if you are bargain hunting.

I saw a base Caravan (SWB 4 cyl) for $13k. I'm sure it's bare bones but it was interesting to see vans are sold for that cheap.

-juice
    Say Gang...heads-up!

There are several postings from prev-gen 2000-2003 Sedona owners who are having rear heater hot-water lines rusting through prematurely in Northern road salt states. The engine coolant quickly drains out when the line goes completely, so this could affect the lifespan of the engine! See the Edmunds thread at:

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX/.ef10134?displayRecent

It is claimed (through the dealer) that KIA is not repairing these rust outs under warranty. KIA's rust-through warranty is *only* for the body panels. The repair costs over $500 too!

I recommended that owners of prev-gen Sedonas who HAVEN'T experienced a failure yet coat their lines with marine grease.... a trick that I read about in USENET (Google Groups).

Here's a link to the kind of grease needed:
    http://www.pennzoil.com/products/marine/synth_white_grease.html

I started thinking that unless the new Sedona has been engineered differently or with better grade lines, they'll also be susceptible to this problem.

So.... if you live in the snowbelt, you might want to think about greasing up the heater lines, brake lines, and fuel lines!

-SM
  • dennisctcdennisctc Member Posts: 1,168
    Finally got to see one up close, very nice upgrade from the old model. Much roomier, better seats and fabric, basically a lot closer to the class benchmarks.

I had my 2 kids with me and they liked it, too. Crawled all around the inside for a good 15 minutes or so.

Toyota had a Sienna almost facing it, but it was a loaded one, so the price was $42k vs. just $26k for the Sedona. The funny thing is, the Sienna wasn't *that* much nicer.

-juice
  • dhongdhong Member Posts: 3
    I must say it's truly nicely equipped van. Since I haven't driven Oddysey or Sienna, I cannot present any opinion regarding comparison.

I wonder anyone can answer my question. I felt the engine sound was louder than my current car, 97 camry v6. Since, sedona is not a sedan, my comparison might not be appropriate.
    Can anyone who test drove oddysey and sienna can share your comparison regarding the quietness and smoothness of ride, espcially at low gears? :confuse:
    :D The engine sound is not AMANTI quiet. The exhaust note is noticeable on startup and during operation. You're sitting almost on top of the engine. It is however considerably quieter than the previous model. The operation through the gears is smooth and pleasant. The adaptive transmission "learns" how the primary driver likes to accelerate and adjusts the shift points for maximum performance/mileage, from 'little old lady' style to 'Joe Racer.' The ride is as nice as Honda or Toyota...maybe better. Handles well for a minivan.
    Compared to the Odyssey EX-L, the Sedona is quieter. However, compared to the Odyssey EX, it is noiser. The reason? The Odyssey is raspy and lumpy due to the cylinder deactivation in the EX-L, in spite of the special engine dampers and the white noise piped into the cabin.

At cruising speeds, I hardly hear the engine in the Sedona, the noisest thing is wind noise, as they did a really good job quieting the vehicle down. Under acceleration, as I've mentioned in other reviews, the engine produces a rather pleasing throaty sound. Both the wife and I like that sound, sounds like a small V-8.

One thing i should mention, is that you have to be careful getting on it, in a turn. The torque steer will start to get you, and the tires spin. It's not a problem in straight-line acceleration. But then again, this is a big van, not a sports sedan. :P
  • ne03sedonane03sedona Member Posts: 15
    I have seen much discussion and reviews about the fold down seats in the new 06 (and older models too) and since I have the 03 version have always wondered about this. I never hear about anyone that LIKES the sedona seats (2003, heavy ones). why? ok, so they are heavy and not stowable, fact. However, there are GOOD pluses on this fact too. first being the height of the under carriage. stowable vans of course have to ride lower underneath. my neighbor has the dodge and in our NE snow had to call for a tow in a recent storm, completely hung up, i tried to help her out. I also work on a street prone to minor flooding. again, mine sits so high, away I go! many people are not aware that the sedona of old sits much higher than other makes.
    second, ALL the seats are comfortable. I'm sorry, but you cannot have it both ways, its either economy and easy, or it's comfortable and harder to remove. a comfortable, stowable seat will without a doubt NEED to approch 60 pounds. i take 3-4 seats out maybe 4-5 times a year, for trips or camping and such. i am 5-8 at 155 male, and have no problem. if i need 2x4's or sheet rock, i borrow my brothers truck!
  • killerkkillerk Member Posts: 55
    SpectraMan, can you tell us the "name" of this USENET group? Also, how would I identify these lines???

Lastly, how do I apply this marine grease once I identify the lines? Thanks.
    "SpectraMan, can you tell us the "name" of this USENET group? Also, how would I identify these lines???

Lastly, how do I apply this marine grease once I identify the lines? "

Here's a link and excerpt from a good example of the type of threads I ran across in Google Groups (USENET) regarding this topic:

=========================

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.autos.tech/browse_thread/thread/fb244dce1dd32- - a9b/4791e46dd9ef3052?lnk=st&q=brake+lines+rust+%22marine+grease%22&rnum=1&hl=en#- - 4791e46dd9ef3052

Date: Fri, Dec 12 2003 7:45 am
    Email: im.1.maxalumi...@xoxy.net (MaxAluminum)
    Groups: rec.autos.tech

tetraethyll...@yahoo.com (Brent P) wrote in message ...
    > In article , JW wrote:
    > > Today while my car was on the lift for a simple oil change at my usual
    > > mechanic I notice all the brake hose that runs under the car has
    > > surface rust on them. All the brake hose has turned yellowish brown
    > > because of the rust. I asked my mechanic if they should be changed. He
    > > said no need to worry because he doesn't think they are leaking.

> It's no big deal. And it's the steel hardline you are refering to,
    > not hoses I assume.

I put marine grease on all my brake and fuel lines. They are 21 years
    old without failure here in the rust belt. I might favor the paint
    though if I were starting over, but grease is fast. Also, Lubri-Matic
    makes a product called Corrosion Pro that sprays on and holds very
    well. You can spray those sections that go above the frame (if you
    have one).

======================

Any kind of *metal* line that's about the size of a pencil is a candidate for greasing, in my book!

I would just apply the grease liberally to the lines and rub it back and forth until all lines are coated with a thin layer. That's about all there is to it!

I'd start by powerwashing my undercarriage at a self-serve car wash as best as you can. Let it dry for a day or so (don't drive through any salt/snow), and then get your car on a mechanic's lift if at all possible.

-SM
    A quick update to the message #450 above:

Actual USENET newgroup: rec.autos.tech

A *usable* link to that forum and message: http://tinyurl.com/rsbr3

-SM
  • killerkkillerk Member Posts: 55
    SM, thx for a quick and detailed reply.

I never thought of this before, but I suppose it's best to apply the grease as soon as you purchase the vehicle, huh? (We're considering a 2006 Sedona.)

BTW, how often do you grease these lines?
    Is it an annual ritual?

And do you just "brush" this on?
  • simagicsimagic Member Posts: 84
    To all the new owners of the 2006 Sedona. Please keep us all informed here at this forum of any problems you might be having with your new car.,,,,Thanks
  • srushingsrushing Member Posts: 38
    I think I know the answer to this but my wife is nagging me to check so, does anyone know for certain if the power sliding door and lift option is possible to be added to older model Kia's? We have a 2002, still love it, but with 2 kids now she'd like the power opening doors...and I don't really want to get a new minivan just for that..

thanks
    In a word.......no. Totally new model ('06) with almost nothing in common with the older Sedona. Sorry. I'm sure someone could do it for about the cost of a new Sedona, though.
  • estoesto Member Posts: 136
    Have any of you seen newspaper ads for the new Sedona that mention any prices? Our local paper (The Oregonian) has ads for the '06 Sedona, but no prices are mentioned. I'm waiting for the "one at $xxx" prices to get an idea of how low prices can be.