Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,906
    Yep, I've seen two today. Not a bad looking SUV, IMO.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,140
    For more proof that my zip code has too much money, I saw 6 (!) Tesla S this afternoon. It was like there was a convention in town. Also a Gran Coupe, facelift LX570, no Santa Fe Sports.
  • anythngbutgmanythngbutgm Member Posts: 4,277
    The big Jag XJ this morning and a PHEV Accord yesterday afternoon.
    I saw an XJ "Portfolio" last night - that's a loong car.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,810
    Fiat 500 Abarth... in black...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,147
    Nearest dealer is Columbus. Saw a Virage on the local streets with local license plate. Nice. Had to be 2011-2012 from what I can glean from Wiki.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

edited May 2013
    Today - 3x Tesla S, Pathfinder minivan, maybe a sport model Lexus LS (brand new, conspicuous wheelsn with black accents), new style 911 cabrio.
  • robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    ...saw one this AM with lettering on the side. Was a sale as I could see the commercial plate and April inspection sticker.

Cute little thing.
  • lemkolemko Member Posts: 15,261
    edited May 2013
    This isn't her car, but she got one like it yesterday. She sent me a pic on my cell phone, but I don't know how to download it from my phone to the computer:

BMW 335i convertible.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,810
    Is your sister looking for a man? :blush:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Sorry, sis has been married for 14 years and has a son! :P
    Saw a new Audi S7 when going to the free car wash (located at the Audi dealer) yesterday, and a new S8 this morning.
    Was out this afternoon and looked at a couple cars for kicks. Looked at the Fiat 500 Abarths - dealer had a decent selection of coupes and cabrios. Salesman was very enthusiastic - a hardcore gearhead, and even started their souped up (chip, etc) model in the showroom (!) for me. Neat car. Also went to see the RLX - those are some funky lights, even in person. Car was a base model, had a 2K ADM (hahaha) and stickered at ~55K - going to be a tough sell, I think. Really has the aesthetics of a super sized Accord.
  • tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,604
    Drove past the Tesla plant this weekend driving back from San Jose. Saw a line of 4 car carriers full of the Model S. I wonder how many they still have backordered...

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

Saw 2x Tesla S in the rain today.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Saw a black Cross-Cabriolet Murano, top down. Surprised I didn't see it twice since they were speeding pretty good and we saw 5 or 6 people pulled over by the cops.
    ...dark blue Cadillac XTS at Fuller and Tabor in NE Philly on my way to work.
    edited May 2013
    Remember those (or if you're in Canada or Mexico, perhaps you are driving one)? Spotted one this afternoon. No idea what year it was, but couldn't be any newer than 2007 per Wiki, since the Rogue replaced it in Canada that year.
  • andys120andys120 Member Posts: 23,390
    Our local town police have acquired a Ford Taurus Police Interceptor, a "plain wrapper" w no markings or roof lights but painted a similar blue-gray that matches the rest of the fleet, mostly Crown Vics (and an old-style Explorer). I made it as a police unit when I spotted the big push bar and the plain-jane wheels.

Meanwhile the NH State Police seem to have ditched their old CVs in favor of Dodge Chargers. I'll bet they're a lot nicer to drive.

Elsewhere I've seen what appear to be the RWD Chevy police units (I think the model name is Caprice). It's hard to say, in police livery they could also be recent Impalas.

2001 BMW 330ci/E46, 2008 BMW 335i conv/E93

...dark red metallic Chrysler 200 ot Bingham and Magee and light blue metallic Chevrolet Malibu at Bingham and Borbeck in NE Philly.
    Lots of RAV4s. Makes me remember I have to shop for one in a few months when my Mother's current one comes off lease. At least the Yota dealer is close to the house.

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,515
    I saw a new one parked down the street from me last weekend. I liked it.

also a new CX-5 mazda living a few houses up. Like that too.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

...black Audi A8L at Robbins and Bingham in NE Philly.
    edited May 2013
    Saw an extremely lowered! Audi Q7 this morning. This thing was mean looking, with huge wide tires that were actually protruding from the sides of the vehicle, triple black, tinted windows and a killer sounding exhaust. I imagine it was the 4.2 V8 model, this thing sounded incredible. But the roofline was probably no higher than an A6 Avant...

RAV4 galore, seems to be outnumbering the equally incredible amount of CRV's that are on the roads.
    Saw (3) different ones over the weekend. Great looking sedan.

Also a revised E-Class, still my favorite large sedan.

Accord Sport is a smash hit, they are easily the most common trim level around here.

Audi R8 V10 roaring thru one of the local streets near a pub I visit. Sounds like the 4th of July at full bore.

Aston V8 Vantage on the Boston Waterfront, another hot ride.
    Saw a C63 AMG coupe today, a Fusion hybrid, and not new, a Tesla roadster.
    ...white Subaru BRZ at work.
    Saw 3x Tesla S today, one with a cool license plate - AMG5555. Funny thing, I would wager a lot that it is a random combination, as that sequence would be recent and seems natural.

Also a new ML63, orange Dart, new Malibu leaving a dealer.
    ...medium gray Toyota Avalon at Oxford Avenue and St. Vincent and medium gray Chevrolet Spark at Oxford Avenue and Princeton in NE Philly.
    White Tesla S today, red Aston of some kind
    There's a new black one in town.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,306
    a new Gray M5 and brick color S60.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    Truckload of Tesla S drove down my street around 8AM today, saw a truckload of shrink wrapped Audis on the road, and someone test driving a 2014 E-class.
  • berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    Just got back from driving over to a local old car show. On the way there I actually saw two different Chevy Volts, one white and one silver. Very unusual siting in this area. Also saw two GM version Hummers which aren't that unusual around here, but personally I'd just get the Tahoe.
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,147
    >two different Chevy Volts, ... Very unusual sighting in this area.

I've seen more and more Volts the last few months actually being driven on the road for what looks like commuting use. Because they don't have the odd style of a Prius, I suspect a lot of Volts get overlooked by me when I'm out and about.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

Went out car looking with a friend of mine. First to check out the Juke - instant no-go as all on the lot had manual seat with no lumbar, and apparently power seat with lumbar is not possible, per the salesman. Then to Volvo - he first wanted to see a C30 but they had no new ones and just 2 used base models in stock, then I recommended the S60. He liked that one a lot, especially the highline Platinum trim (49K MSRP, wonder what the lease is). Then to MB - for some reason he likes the GLK, test drove a CPO one - he likes the size, I told him to wait for the diesel. Saw a nicely equipped 14 E350 wagon in the showroom along with a few 14 E sedans, and a 699 lease on a C63. Walked through the Bentley lot, saw everything from base 180K Continentals to a 360K+ Mulsanne. Jaguar lot is adjacent, saw an F-Type, 104K sticker.
    Tell your friend if he wants a Volvo or Jaguar, better strike pretty soon. I don't imagine it will be all that long before their Chinese owners move production all over to mainland China. Yeah, I'll sure want to plop down a wad of cash for Chinese quality!!!
    Jag is Indian, IIRC. But Chinese or Indian production for either would kill them in the developed world. Part of the image for both is where they are made. I'll freely admit I'd be hesitant to buy a Volvo right now just because I don't really want to support Chinese ownership. Kind of the shame as the cars still seem nice enough (S60 is assembled in Belgium, I think).
    edited June 2013
    I think you're right about India and Jag. Not good to confuse those two countries - I think they pretty much dislike each other!

I saw some Volvo's at an auto show this past winter. One thing stuck me though. They all had cream colored leather interiors and all of the driver's seats seemed to already have stains from blue jeans getting in and out of them. The Volvo's did seem to be priced competitively for their segment though. I think the seats grabbed my attention because it was just down a bit from Lincoln that also had that creme leather thing going. Those didn't have the rubs or stains. They both seem to me as similar mid tier brands; not lux, but a cut above Toyota, Ford, etc. So it was kind of interesting, especially since ford isn't really known for quality leather seating.
    edited June 2013
    At least India isn't engaging in actions that try to undermine the US, not that I know of at least. I still don't want a car from those areas anyway.

That Volvo sounds like the interior needed some kind of treatment or protectant. That's a big risk with light interiors. The S60 seems to be at C-class pricing, but offer maybe a third more size. They can be loaded up to 50K, but you can get a base closer to 30K, and it is pretty base. However, brand cachet comes into play, and that's where the battle becomes difficult.

Maybe it's just me, but for a non super-lux car, I have no problem with a passable pleather interior. Nothing wrong with MB-Tex, most people can't tell the difference between it and a standard leather anyway. The base leather in some Asian and American models is nothing to brag about.

Speaking of India, saw a new style Range Rover this morning.
    XJL in my hotel parking lot. Impressive car, and big. I'd rock it.

• andys120andys120 Member Posts: 23,390
    I have been seeing a lot of the newest and smallest Buick. It's hard to tell from a Regal but I've had a look at the lettering on the tail. Both Regals and Verranos lack the sharp styyling of the Lacrosse perhaps because they are Opel-based.

2001 BMW 330ci/E46, 2008 BMW 335i conv/E93

Is the Verano really Opel based? I had thought it was based on a Chinese market car.
    The Verano is based on the Delta II platform which underpins the Chevy Cruze and Orlando, the Opel Astra, the Buick Excelle as well as others. The Excelle is a Chinese market Buick.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,306
    silvery/blue S70 hard top convertible
    Black Chevy Cruze.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    Is it Opel or Korean then?

Saw a LWB Jag XJ, new style 911 cabrio, and no Teslas today.
    Is it Opel or Korean then?

It was developed by Opel to be a global platform. I guess you can call it German.
    Maybe Korean designed then? I was thinking something about it was Asian.

Saw the same "AMG" plated Tesla again today, newer M6, new rental Edge Limited.
    Maybe Korean designed then? I was thinking something about it was Asian.

Depending on what one reads, it was either designed by Opel or GM Korea led the development with a major assist from Opel. In any case - it's really a global platform as the Cruze is sold worldwide virtually unchanged.
    Black Audi S5 at Bingham and Martins Mill Road in NE Philly.