Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,255
    On I-75 in downtown Detroit.
    Also, a Shelby GT 1000 on a flat bed trailer in Ohio.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • lemkolemko Member Posts: 15,261
    ...silver Jaguar XF at Knorr and Bingham in NE Philly.
  • texasestexases Member Posts: 10,685
    edited June 2013
    I hadn't heard of the Shelby GT1000 - wow, 1200 hp!
  • anythngbutgmanythngbutgm Member Posts: 4,277
    Checked out one of these last eve and I gotta say it is quite the car both inside and out. I didn't drive it so I can't comment on its abilities but man what a knockout of an interior. Materials and build quality were amazing, the seats were a little firmer than they appear but the driving position is great, the visibility is great and the controls all seemed straight forward and fell right in to hand.

On the outside, it has a nice stance and the lines are nice. This one was decked out in what Kia calls Acura black? hmmmmmm, wonder who they were targeting? Anyways, very nice car.

You'll have to excuse me while I go burn the old C&D and MT magazines that contained reviews on the original Sportage and Sephia. Those cars have nothing to do with what Kia is building today.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited June 2013
    That would be a hoot, but it looks like it's called "Aurora" black. :shades:

I like the Snow White Pearl myself (just going by photos though).
    LOL, that makes sense, I can imagine there would be some sort of trademark law with using the Acura name. But, what a way to take a shot at your competition :shades:

Tho I'm not as confident about the drivetrain plus really having no real seat time, I can't say how the Cadenza would match up against Acura's new RLX but with regards to features, comfort and interior/exterior quality I'd say the big Kia would be a good match for it.
    edited June 2013
    Maybe they named the paint as an homage to the Olds Aurora?

"The best soon-to-be-discontinued sedan on the market. Sophisticated power plant, sumptuous interior, comfortable ride." (we won't go into the build quality complaints). What Edmunds Says
  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,096
    Such an odd name, to me. Makes me think of a model of Victrola, but I am kind of weird :shades: No doubt will outsell RL-X though, I predict that thing is going to have a rough time.

Saw a new style Range Rover today, black with silver roof made it kind of extroverted.
    edited June 2013
    It reminds me of a credenza. Maybe it'll have a lot of inlaid plood inside. :)

You're closer with your Victrola since cadenza is a musical term.
    Or a special audio system - looks like Fomoco is using it too :shades:
    A Victrola in a credenza. Perfect!
    If a Ford, wouldn't it be a Crown Victrola?
    edited June 2013
    Well, there was a Granada and a Colony (Park), Fomoco enough for me :shades:

Good one though!
    I don't know if this thing was trapped in a museum or just bought and stored in a hermetically sealed coffin for 35 years but I saw a shiny brown Ford Fairmont this morning that literally looked like it just rolled off the assembly line. This thing was immaculate. Didn't appear to be any sort of higher end model (hubcaps were the giveaway) but the chrome, the paintwork, the rockers, this thing was flawless.

Or maybe time travel is possible and this guy wasn't from around here, lol :shades:
    but a White Tesla Model S with a black (pano?) roof.
    wagon at a gas station
    Not new, but remarkable - saw a previous gen Infiniti M that was chromed - a vinyl wrap no doubt, but it still gave the aura of a [non-permissible content removed] from the UAE from a block away.

Saw 2x Tesla yesterday.
    ...the new Chevrolet Impala at the Carlisle All-GM show this weekend with andre1969. This one was finished in a pearlescent white like the White Diamond finish on my 2002 Seville STS.
    This is not your typical "rental grade" Impala! This car had a lot of features and an excellent quality interior.
    New style Impalas are already in fleets now - but as a "premium" choice instead of a standard "fullsize" - that might not be a bad sign.
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,952
    edited June 2013
    Have seen one at MIA but it was locked so could only look through the window...nice car and yes, it was a white one. That was probably about 10 days ago and haven't seen any since. Will be doing some Ft. Lauderdale to Miami runs tomorrow so hopefully...! Have seen only 1 Cadenza but no new Forte's yet, and I've read some great things about it in my auto mags so am keeping my eyes open. Been a slow few days and haven't worked since Orlando last Friday...hopefully should pick up around the 4th but have heard that it'll be kinda bleak until Labor Day or so as most folks go to Orlando this time of year. We did move a mess of minivans up there about 2 weeks ago, same with convertibles. All I know is we have to many workers for not enough work right now...bummer! :(

The Sandman :( :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• andys120andys120 Member Posts: 23,369
    I saw a guy pulling out of a Starbucks in a new Fiat Abarth 500C (Cabrio). It didn't look much different from a regular 500c but boy did it sound different with a much deeper, bassier sound that didn't sound like what you'd expect of a pipsqueak turbo motor.

2001 BMW 330ci/E46, 2008 BMW 335i conv/E93

Cab driver really liked it as a "city car". Fast, small, maneuverable. Didn't like it on the highway; light, tends to wander around a lot, affected by the wind.

I *think* I saw a Mitsubishi i-MiEV but it was parked while we were cruising along at 50ish, and the small size of whatever it was made it hard to be sure.
    Didn't realize it was a hatchback. :blush:
    Pretty sure I saw a new Lexus IS parked at the dealer today - planning to stop by tomorrow and take a look.
    You are going to drive the Fintail and tell them you are thinking it's about time to look for a new car, right? :)
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,435
    a GT 3 maybe? One of the high zoot variants of the "911".

but what shocked me, is that he drove up to a pep boys, and right into the shop part. A car like that in pep boys? It should be repo'd from that owner.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

Funny, when I bought my first modern car after I was out of school (a used MB of course), the salesman saw the fintail and asked if it was my trade in. I looked at him funny, expecting the joke laugh - but he was serious. I don't think the trade in value of the old beast would be worthwhile.
    Saw my first two new Impalas "in the wild" this weekend:

Red Impala near Washington and Stacy Street in Freeland, PA yesterday afternoon.
    Black Impala near Ripley and Tabor in NE Philly this morning.
  • robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    I saw an Impala this weekend while visiting my parents near Cape Cod. It was gold and parked in their over 55 community. It's big!!
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    Have you created some makeshift ways to store items in the cabin of your car? A reporter would like to hear about your solutions. Please contact pr@edmunds.com by July 6, 2013.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Saw another one in the hertz lot last week and it's a large vehicle but similar to the current one and I predict it will sell nicely especially the LTZ model. With the right alloys, it really is a looker and reminds me of the new Cadillac ATX, a real stunning vehicle! GM is starting to finally come out with models that look pretty decent with nicer interiors, an area where they have dropped the ball lately. Am totally in love with the Buick Verano and if I were going to replace my current ride, that would be on my short list. Even though it's a bit pricey, am betting with the right dealer at the right time of month, one could pick one up with a power seat for around 20 large or so. Haven't seen that many in the rental fleets as of yet, a good thing, and it looks nothing like the Cruze, another good thing as they are many in the rental company's I drive for. Chevy needs to work on the Malibu now and bring it up to Camcord standards which I think will definitely happen.

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

edited July 2013
    ...an acquaintance bought a new black Cadillac CTS-V wagon. This is a very rare vehicle according to a guy who works at a Cadillac dealership.
  • texasestexases Member Posts: 10,685
    " new black Cadillac CTS-V wagon. This is a very rare vehicle according to a guy who works at a Cadillac dealership. "

Some 'car guys' are always complaining about how they don't build enough wagons, enough performance cars, etc, etc. There a reason they're rare, people don't really buy them! I've heard there won't be a wagon version of the new CTS.
    Obviously, your acquaintance is bipolar. I wish I was bipolar. :)
    Saw a Tesla S today that lacked the optional turn signal package - they must be building them like BMWs now :shades:
  • andys120andys120 Member Posts: 23,369
    Continuing the theme of new GM iron I saw a new Caddy XTS, the first I've seen in black which looked really sharp (it was either brand new or freshly washed).

When I was growing up in the NYC area black was the dominant color for Cadillacs, I seldom saw one in the flamboyant 50s pastels or reds that collectors so prize. Black nicely emphasized the copious chrome trimming of the 1950s styling.

2001 BMW 330ci/E46, 2008 BMW 335i conv/E93

A black Fiat 500 Abarth
    and a black jacked up Mini
    The pastels and flamboyant reds must've been a Florida/California thing. Philadelphia 1950s Cadillacs were most likely blacks, grays, and dark blues reflecting the sober Quaker ethic prevalent among the city's elite.
    edited July 2013
    Saw my first RL-X on the road today, without the headlights it could really pass for an Accord. Also saw a Tesla S on the highway - must not have range anxiety.

Best sighting was a late model Camry with a faux cabrio top. Wait, this was different. Red, black top and C-pillars, A-pillars were still red, with a chrome strip between paint colors. No vinyl, just paint. A weird fake convertible, horribly tacky.

And a truckload of new Kias.
    Have started to see many of these on the Florida road ways as of late and agree that they've hit it out of the park here. The new Civic still leaves me somewhat cold...if they could just take the Accord and shrink it by a 1/4, think the Civic would be outstanding. But right now, the Elantra seems to be the class leader as the new Forte is not out yet, or at least not down in my area of South Florida. The Elantra has all the bases covered with the sedan and now the coupe and GT, a real stunning vehicle!

Hopefully the new Corolla will be all that but if not, I think Hyundai and Honda will become the top dogs in the import categories as their vehicles are truly class leading in most respects!

Chevy Cruze is the #1 seller in that class right now.

In the parking lot at work, a new white ML350 and a black 535 xDrive.
    Saw my first 2014 IS on the road. Non F-sport model, I was just a few blocks from the dealer and the car still had a window sticker, driver could have been a salesman. Also a white Gran Coupe.
    Still hardly see many Verano's on the roads which I don't get...besides being more expensive than the Cruze, it's such a better vehicle and it looks nicer to boot. I saw one and a new ILX at a traffic light the other day and liked the Verano a bit better actually. I have sat in a few at the dealership and the seats are very comfortable also. Call me silly, but the Verano is the only vehicle that I'd trade into right now...strange but true!

edited July 2013
    I agree, the Verano is a good looking vehicle.

In the parking lot at work today, a couple of new CR-V's, both white and parked side by side.
    Also, a new 3 in the visitor area.
    Saw a 2014 IS F-Sport, but this one was again not far from the dealer, and had a window sticker. The cow catcher grille will take some time to become normal.

Also saw a couple Teslas, what I think was an S8, and late model (facelift) CL550.
  • ohenryxohenryx Member Posts: 285
    I saw a Chevy Volt during my morning commute today. First one I have seen.
  • jpp75jpp75 Member Posts: 1,535
    I stopped and looked at a new IS 350 last weekend at the dealer, very sharp car and a nice improvement over the outgoing model. Will probably drive one when the lease on the G37x is up later this year.
    It makes the old one look ancient. Anyone buying a 2013 IS right now better get a nice deal.

I test drove one - go for the F-Sport, for the trick gauges alone (and a few other niceties). It's less claustrophobic inside (I didn't care for the A-pillars in the old one) - and from inside, you can't see the front end :shades:
  • tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,852
    and from inside, you can't see the front end

I didn't like the new Lexus front end at first, but after awhile it becomes less offensive.

The same effect has happened with the "big mouth bass" front ends on the Fusion and new Avalon. I'm not a huge fan, but don't hate it as much. I guess you just get used to it.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

A new ES350 and an new Civic coupe.