Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,926
    took this pic at a dealership today:

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,926
    Also, the day before viewing the XJ, this was at the carwash I took my volvo to.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,131
    Dark silver MB SLS AMG just drove down my street...downhill...engine braking...
  • lemkolemko Member Posts: 15,261
    ...black Dodge Challenger R/T Hemi this morning going north at Napfle Street and Verree Road in NE Philly.
    Just saw a new style A4. Nothing unusual in that...except the color, which to my eyes was a light brown. Brown is coming back, slowly but surely.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    How about a Volkswagon Saveiro-based HEARSE!

People are DYING to get in to VWs here in Brazil, literally! :D

Hysterical.

They also sell Amaroks, but I have yet to see one in the flesh.

Citroens are all over. Renault and Peugoets also. Plus Fiats. No 500s yet, though.

Funny, lots of cars that do exist in the US have different names:

Elantra Touring = i30
    Nissan Versa = Tiida

etc.
    Saw a red E-class convertible today
    Parking garage at work today (my blue tinted beast in the background):

...white BMW X6 M going south on Oxford near Cottman in NE Philly.
    To be fair it was still in a dealership.

Anyone else have a wife/significant other roll their eyes when you visit a forgein country and ask to stop at a car dealership? LOL
  • tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,603
    I don't know if that would fly in this house. Still, there is only one way to find out...

Oh, and to stay on topic, I've seen at least 4 Tesla roadsters in the past week. Yellow, blue, white and a dark red. Nice toys.

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

edited July 2010
    Saw another VW Saveiro Hearse and this time I snapped a photo. I'll upload it when I get home.

By far the strangest car here is the Fiat Doblo, though. Wow they're odd.
    Good reason to travel alone sometimes :shades:
  • texasestexases Member Posts: 10,700
    Separated at birth:
    Fiat Doblo

Ford Transit Connect:
    Not brand new...but I saw an SLR roadster today
  • anythngbutgmanythngbutgm Member Posts: 4,277
    Wow, these things are all over the place...

Seems the most prevailent color is the Ruby Red and surprisingly White.

"Swagger wagons" are hot sellers as well it seems. The local Yota dealer has about 10 of them with "SOLD" signs hanging from the rear view.
  • ajvdhajvdh Member Posts: 223
    Driving around Lyons, CO Friday night. In "Lime Squeeze Metallic," which is as eye-searing as it sounds.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,295
    In 'Synergy Green'. Talk about eye popping. I had seen pictures on the internet, but they did not come close the color in real life.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,146
    Isn't it a great color. There's been one around our village for a couple months or more.

I'd love to see a Camaro convertible in that color

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

Took a new 2011 3.6R Outback out for a spin yesterday afternoon. Loaded to the gills with the NAV option Even got the new Ruby Red color (which looks fantastic btw). Gotta say it drove a lot smaller than it looked, even more nimble than my wifes 08'. The engine only had 5 miles on it so I didn't really push it but there appears to be a nice amount of grunt off the line.

Also, I have yet to really meet an Automatic that I liked enough to live with on a daily basis but the 5-speed in this model was absolutely perfect. Shifts were seamless and there was zero lag for the sake of fuel economy. Everytime I needed a little more go, it was always in the exact gear to maximize performance.

Visibility was excellent as well, no real blind spots, especially the rear headrests which are a bit big on the wifes car. Seat comfort, ergonomics, controls and quality were first rate. This particular model had leather which was as comfy as the LL Bean seats in our car although not as much side bolstering.

My only qualm was to change the radio station, there was no real display to show you what station you were on unless you used the option in the Nav screen.

One thing my sales person couldn't answer, are the radio station changes voice activated? I really didn't spend a whole lot of time with the voice activation functions.

All in all, a really nice, nice car. I've been car shopping lately and had narrowed it down to the Infiniti EX35 and the Volvo XC60 Turbo but after drivining the 3.6R I am definitely re-evaluating. :shades:
  • ajvdhajvdh Member Posts: 223
    The car rental place at Phoenix's airport (for those who haven't been, all the majors are in one huge garage a few miles from the terminal) had at least 20 Camaros in that color. I thought it was one of those rental fleet specials, like the Hertz Mustang.
    Out, hotwheels SPAMMER! OUT!
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited July 2010
    Instead of posting about the spammers, zap the hosts an email, and we'll be likely to see them faster.

Most of them are one-hit wonders and won't be back to read your missive anyway.

Thanks!
  • cheezhedcheezhed Member Posts: 44
    edited August 2010
    Buick LaCrosse with a phaeton roof.... wow wee!

(Who says this ain't your grandpa's Buick?)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,579
    Is that the fake convertible roof?

The enduring popularity of that amazes me... You'd think those guys would eventually die off.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• cheezhedcheezhed Member Posts: 44
    Is that the fake convertible roof?

Yup

You'd think those guys would eventually die off.

My point exactlly!
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,146
    >You'd think those guys would eventually die off.

Yeah. Those car sales people keep putting that junk on the cars. If they didn't add it, the customers wouldn't buy it.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

Dunno, the Transit Connect is a supermodel compared to the ugly Doblo.
    I saw a pair of CA plated Transits on 405 between Bellevue and Renton yesterday evening...appeared to be together...testing perhaps.
    One of my nieghbors brought home a new Honda Crosstour this week. I think the Tahoe it replaced was an 09? (new body style).

Another replaced their Buick (Trailblazer clone) for a decked out Toyota Venza. This guy must've come into some money because he has now replaced his entire fleet (3 cars) in the past 2 months. Chrysler T&C for a brand new Ody Touring and a late model Rentibu for a Suby Outback 3.6R last month. :surprise:

Ironically, I was discussing the Suzuki Kizashi in another thread and one of our neighbors kids bought one and dumped is Cobalt SS (beat to hell btw) for it.
    You'd have to be very brave to buy a used Cobalt SS from a kid.
    I agree. His looked like it had been used in a MadMax movie. The thing sounded like it developed a nasty case of piston slap about a year after he got it. He'd rev the snot out of it every single morning he left for work or school (I don't know which) and the engine just sounded worse and worse.

He got spoken with by a few of our neighbors who have kids for driving like a complete idiot through the neighborhood. Maybe he bought the Kizashi to be a bit more civilized? lol, he doesn't drive it like he did the Cobalt...
    Today I was in traffic...Acura ZDX beside me, late model catfish-face Infiniti FX behind me...I nearly puked :shades:
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,490
    new CTS coupe. actually looked very small in person, although it was in a parking lot so i was not right by it.

kinda neat looking, but very similar to a G37.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

I think that new FX was lucky the ZDX came along and diverted folks' attention - I actually liked the first-gen FX, but none of the changes for the new one are improvements to me.
    It's remarkable that you didn't puke. Impressive restraint. ;)
    The FX was white, too...white seems to be a trend among the brash these days. It doesn't work on most cars.

Co-worker says they saw a Crosstour this morning...for being in an area where faux off-roaders are popular, those seem insanely rare here.
    CR reviews the Crosstour this month - rated it well below more "normal" raised wagons like the Outback.
    Saw a sport trim new A4 wagon and a Genesis coupe this afternoon...the latter looking nice in a light - medium grey, but a little odd with a brown interior.
    ...dark red Ford Fusion travelling west on Napfle to turn south on Verree Road in NE Philly.
    edited August 2010
    Saw a dark red Fiesta hatch sitting at the local dealer
    Cool, did you go check it out?

You tend to like bigger/high end cars, though, right?
    I was walking, so I walked by it, but didn't stop. There will be plenty more of those around soon. A co-worker is looking for a new car as her Miata got hit, and she doesn't want another convertible ...she's fairly petite, and she's looking at small cars. The Fiesta has been suggested.

And yeah, I do like bigger and faster cars. I also like not having automotive debt.
  • carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,497
    edited August 2010
    an SLS AMG gullwing Mercedes in silver, and driving the speed limit. The latter was fortunate as it gave me a chance to look it over.
    Saw a newish 335 cabrio today. Not remarkable...but for the fact that the top was apparently broken,and wouldn't close all the way. The part that includes the apex of the roof-rear curve was out of alignment, and sticking up. Looked terrible, especially on a white car. Clueless high maintenance looking driver with a little dog in the car, so it could have been user error.

Saw a couple of new style Cayennes at the dealer.

Also not new, but odd...a Kia Borrego, rental.
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,490
    was at the beach last week (jersey shore), at one of the more expensive (snooty?) towns.

In the space of about an hour, saw a new Ferrari convertible of some kind (don't ask me which one), a Bently GTC convertible, and a new Rolls convertible (just curb parked at a meter). Man, what an abomination that RR was!

also the usual assortment of nice high end porsches, and a masserati coupe that I liked a lot.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

There's now a third Fiesta parked at the local dealer, this one is silver, all hatches. Also saw a CTS coupe at the Caddy dealer across the street,
    A couple of months ago a coworker leased a new red 2010 Mercedes C330 AWD. I just found out some trogolodyte keyed it while she was away on business in Anapolis, MD.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,295
    an Audi R8, which I only saw from behind. It was gray which is a really bad color for that car.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,579
    Lowered... with tasteful ground effects and a TCKline license plate frame... (Columbus area tuner/racer).

Pretty cool...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator