Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    Passed a trailer carrying new Accords. I think 7 of them. They were all either silver, white or black. Interesting reflection of today's car color choices I suppose.
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,439
    what's with the new Re: structure? In stead of the post name it just has the person?

Anyway, my Miata (a 2001) was not bad on the highway. Revved a bit high, but you did not really hear that. Only unnerving part was when you were next to a truck, and staring at the bottom of the lugnuts.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited December 2012
    Someone just put a dot in as the post title.

Yeah, the eye level lug nuts would be one of the main reasons to avoid the Interstate in a roadster.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    I totally agree - what a boring color palette we have.

And then the few colors are completely wild, like the light purple Fiesta my friend owns.

Surely there's a middle ground.
    Surely there's a middle ground.

Now you live in the Washington DC area, so that must be a rhetorical question -Just Kidding! :shades:
    So true!

The recent political posturing is something else, isn't it?
  • bhill2bhill2 Member Posts: 2,466
    At the risk of leading this thread off-topic, I have to pass on the fact that a few minutes ago Maria Bartaromo on CNBC went off on a senator (I can't remember his name but it doesn't matter). Some quotes (as closely as I can remember) were "Are you people incompetent?" and "If you can't do the job that we pay you to do, why don't you give it to someone who can?" It was epic. I would like to see NBC include it on tonight's news.

2009 BMW 335i, 2003 Corvette cnv. (RIP 2001 Jaguar XK8 cnv and 1985 MB 380SE [the best of the lot])

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,132
    http://www.cnbc.com/

It's on the right side of CNBC's page.

Amazing the guy pretends to have the solutions just waiting in a bill that the other house of congress wouldn't pass, in his mind, and it's all the fault of the other group. And all this from the Senate that can't pass a budget for 4 years!!!

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• lemkolemko Member Posts: 15,261
    As far as I'm concerned , this will always be a Gran Coupe:

• lemkolemko Member Posts: 15,261
    ...my first Aston-Martin look-alike Ford Fusion on Terwood Road in Montgomery County, PA. This one was black.
  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,097
    I wonder if the average BMW fan even knows of that car. Amusing.

Today's newbies - poorly driven GS and a facelift GLK.
    Funny, if they'd been in the studio I think she would have slapped them both.

Car related, uh, maybe driven over them both, with her new car. :D
    That Gran Coupe is pretty square - kind of like GI issued eyeglasses back then, or Lawrence Welk.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,256
    Looked a lot like a Subaru Tribeca from the front.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    Last night at O'Hare I saw a Lincoln MKT with livery plates. I know they've been out, but this was the first time I saw one in limo service. Unfortunately, it was dark, so I couldn't tell if the interior was revised, although probably not because the town car livery's weren't. A bit back, I saw a Cadillac XTS that was in Limo form in a funeral procession. But I'm just not thinking either of them are really limousine material.
  • robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    The MKT livery has a more powerful engine and adds many touches for the second row including puddle lights, USB port, radio controls, 110V plug, newspaper slots, et al.
  • bhill2bhill2 Member Posts: 2,466
    Does the livery include badges saying 'Town Car'? I swear I saw those badges on one I saw in a picture. of course they may have been added afterward.

2009 BMW 335i, 2003 Corvette cnv. (RIP 2001 Jaguar XK8 cnv and 1985 MB 380SE [the best of the lot])

I have no idea.
    Saw yet another GS today, they do seem to be selling.

Stopped by the MB dealer - salesman had no idea about any C diesel nor a date for the new S-class. They did have an absolutely loaded white on red C63 that I wouldn't have kicked out of my garage, but 85K is a little rich for my blood.

Oh, and an unplated new Lincoln MKS with the updated front end.
    Cruising the Interstate in mid-Illinois. Going 65 (breaking it in?) in a 65, with the Maroney stickers still on it. Looked like it had steel winter tires on.
    Hyundai Genesis, Caddy XLR. New to me anyway
    Turns out my friend got an LX with steelies. Even the base model has a backup cam, though. She loves it so far.

Driving home late last night near Point of Rocks MD there was a new Genesis with LED lights that blasted by me at a pretty nice clip.
  • anythngbutgmanythngbutgm Member Posts: 4,277
    Visited the folks in MA over the weekend and did a little last minute shopping. Much to my surprise, the Mall I visited had a Tesla store! Seriously, they had the new Sedan (forgot the name) in the middle (fully open for sitting, poking, proding, etc) and on the walls around it, all the options, color and fabric swatches, Tesla logo garb, and a few "Build our own" areas. Oh, and a platform from which the car rides on also on display.

As far as the car goes, it looks incredible on the outside, the inside is really cool with a full digital dash and an IP that basically looks like an oversized Ipad. The seats looked way out of place tho, too short on the bottom and not a lot of bolstering. Also, there is no center console, so the the layout reminded me of a 70's car. Back seat was pretty spacious and visibility was pretty good.

From the reports I have read about Tesla not doing so hot financially, it must be pretty risky to try and market your product in a mall, but the foot traffic that was coming in and out of the place the day I was there, I predict not many folks know or even care about Tesla's fortunes. The place was a zoo. :shades:
    Sounds like you were over at the Natick Collection.

Telsa is located in the mall because they are trying to get around the dealership laws in MA. They can't sell the cars in MA from that location. It is strictly a showroom experience - you have to order it directly from Tesla in California.
    My local mall has a Tesla dealer too. It's fairly cool, for being in a mall and all.
  • odie6lodie6l Member Posts: 1,173
    sounds almost like the scene in "The Blues Brothers" where they are driving through the mall and keep passing the auto showroom.

Odie
    "The new Oldsmobiles are in early this year" :shades:

Speaking of new cars, have seen sweetheart lease commercials for G25x and G37 journey/awd and premium - $249 and $299 respectively ($329 for coupe). Blowout time has arrived.
    There's a Fisker Karma inside Montgomery Mall in Potomac, MD.

Just a static display, though, and the car was filthy with dust last time I saw it.

Considering it's one of the few that didn't catch on fire during Sandy they should be taking better care of it. :D
    G25 must be a left over 2012 model, in late December? Wow.

For 2013 the 3.7l is the only engine in there.
    Altima driving on Canal Rd.

Escape in the garage downstairs. I'll try to find out who owns it.
    Shows how well the model went over.

There's a Fisker dealer in my neighborhood - I suspect they drive around a lot just to get attention, as I see a couple of what I think are the same cars frequently.
    On video, at least:

http://youtu.be/pvvXTwaY8Q4

AWD now, interesting. Probably to prevent customers from leaving for Audi, and for better 0-60 launches, since Americans care so much about those numbers.

Sounds is ... dunno, it's deep but brat-tat-tatty, hard to tune a DI engine for the same sounds the normally aspirated bigger mills from AMGs past.
    E63, not C63 :P ...I was thinking I hadn't heard of a C63 4Matic, but I had read about this. New model for the facelift, too. I don't know which Audi it would compete with, RS6? Oh yeah, we don't get that. S6 is much less powerful.

It does sound like a C63, kind of - somewhat harsh. But harshness is part of the attraction of the smaller car.

There was a 210 E55 4Matic wagon, but not for the USA.
    Good camo! ;)

Just kidding it was my typo.

Casaba compares to the M5 and S6 but neither is a direct match.

What do you think? Down the road, would you want an AWD model?

I would. Get the power down, plus launch must be amazing.
    Yes, I would take AWD, even though with looming gas price increases, this tuned V8 will probably be my last, save for any lottery winnings. AWD would give a good launch, and in this area, would help on wet roads - the nannies can only do so much. Even my old E55 can get a bit squirrely if you push it around.

M5 is closest - we don't get the RS6 anymore, although I am pretty sure it still exists in Europe.
    I'd love an RS6 Avant.
    Better start looking for a job in Europe :shades:

Although in the US now, MB offers the E63 AMG wagon with the performance/development package, which is pretty hot.
    Are they soldin Portugal? I'm fluent...
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    The G37 is a 24 month lease with $3700 due at signing.... so, real price is more like $420/mo... Not bad for a 24-month lease, but they've had leases in that price range for a long time...

The best deal I've seen lately is a 36 month lease on an Acura TSX wagon for $299/mo... ZERO due at signing...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

3600 times 3, that's $10800 over 3 years. Real depreciation is more like $15k before we factor interest.

Bargain.
    I don't know, but I bet you could buy one in developed Europe ( :shades: ), and import it there easy enough. Probably some affordable property in Portugal too, but maybe not a good place for job opportunity.
    The local ad claims $2999 initial payment - is that not including the "acquisition fee"? I also notice the AWD model costs no more. I think by 2010-11 or so, the model was just getting old, so deals had to be made.

That TSX would be a steal. Back in 07 when the W203 C-class was being phased out, I remember a ~$269 lease on those - but I don't remember the terms.
    Kia appoints ex-Audi designer Schreyer first non-Korean president

Read more: http://www.autonews.com/article/20121228/OEM02/312289854#ixzz2GN1Tbz9S

VWAG should never have let him go...
    I wonder how many axles were on the truck full of money they parked in his driveway to get him to defect :shades:

He needs to help Hyundai now - if there's a brand out there that needs some design stability, it's that one.
    Autoblog said Hyundai-Kia, but Automotive News says he's Kia President, and I trust the latter more. I've corrrect the post title.

They let him remain based in Frankfurt, so I'm sure that helped lure him.

He penned the New Beetle, which woke up VW, and also worked on the Audi TT, which sort of began Audi's renaissance.

Kia went from snooze to probably the best styled mainstream brand under his watch.

I still want to see a production version of KV7 concept.
    Yeah, it is only Kia. He's probably able to assemble a more experienced staff in Europe, too.

The most remarkable part to me is how quickly things turned around. Not that long ago, Kia had arguably the dumpiest lineup on the market.

KV7 would need to be an autonomous car.
    In one generation the Optima went from frumpy also ran to trend setter.

Rio used to be a cheap econobox and looks decent now (for what it is), even got DI standard in that price range, which is unheard of.

I want to see the KV7 because the Sienna suffered cost cutting and the Ody is just strange now. The Quest is too bolt upright, and the Grand Caravan dates back to 2008 - the old Chrysler.

If my van were totalled, I wouldn't know what to get!
    Why would they put a designer/stylist in charge of a brand???
    The Optima was the "mediocrity" in those TV commercials. And we can't forget the Amanti, no matter how hard we try. Move away from KDM styling at all costs.

Was KV7 supposed to be the same size as a big American style van? No appealing choices there indeed. Would probably look most at an Odyssey I guess, Caravan is ancient, Quest is hideous, Sienna is apparently big and cheap.
    Subaru ad, no less. Hysterical:

http://youtu.be/7lm6v4XsUpY

KV7 seemed half way between a Ford Flex and a minivan, with gullwing doors (concept fantasy, that would never see production) for the cool factor.