Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2005 Infiniti G35

zoomer1zoomer1 Member Posts: 42
edited March 2014 in INFINITI
Anyone have any ideas about updates, upgrades, and changes to the G35 for 2005 MY. I am curious about the changes to the dimensions of the car as well changes to the drivertrain and to the interior....anyone?

Comments

• chrisbothchrisboth Member Posts: 493
    Only thing to change will be interior
  • jrock65jrock65 Member Posts: 1,371
    And the aero kit (but not the exact same one that's an option right now) will be standard as well on both the coupe and sedan.

So no more black underbody moldings on the sedan. It will be color coded.

At least this is what I hear.
  • rctennis3811rctennis3811 Member Posts: 1,031
    Yup, that's all I know too.
  • prattsterprattster Member Posts: 59
    There's going to be a power bump from 280 to 300hp on the coupes I'm told also. The sedans should also get the bump and some new colors.
  • mbednorzmbednorz Member Posts: 63
    Infiniti has listed the 2005 G35 to be shown at the New York Auto Show next week. Lots of people waiting with bated breath to see what the rumored new interior will look like.

If that rumor about all '05 coupes having aero is true, then I'm the proud owner of a rare, non-aero, collectible classic G35 coupe! Woo Hoo!
    I thought they delayed the intro of 05 past the NY show??
  • jayivyjayivy Member Posts: 19
    Any idea of what the price increase will be??
    I also heard that they won't show the 2005 G at the NYAS.
  • steven2steven2 Member Posts: 37
    This is the one of the few Infinitis that are actually competing, and they need to do whatever they do to keep pace with the 3-series. Interior and horsepower sound good- how about adding yellow to the color line?
  • lexusguylexusguy Member Posts: 6,419
    I test drove a G35 coupe, loved the driving, hated the inside. The "aluma-look" pastic doesnt look or feel even remotely aluminum. If they can add some real flash to the inside, it could be an excellent car. Also, can somebody tell Infiniti that orange gauges look terrible?
    My guess is they will hold back on HP increases to follow the BMW intro of the 3/4.
  • zoomer1zoomer1 Member Posts: 42
    Has anyone been to the NYAS and seen the 2005 G35? If so, is the interior any better and are there changes to the dimensions and the power train? On a separate topic, Acura introducing the RL AWD looks nice (not great but nice) but the AWD function really is interesting. I guess we have competition to the Nissan ATTESA!
  • tglynntglynn Member Posts: 2
    Infinity wasn't showing the 2005 G35 at the NYAS and the Infinity reps were very closemouthed and a little testy about what the interior changes ("if any" if you believe it) would be.
  • spoiledrottenspoiledrotten Member Posts: 3
    Can we assume that it is unlikely that new models will be ready for September? (My interest is a 6-speed sedan, BTW -- trying to decide whether to order a 2004 or wait for 2005).
    Reliable sources say that it will be refreshed in September, even though they didn't show it at the NYIAS.
    Just imagine if there's a v-8 option in 05!
    nope...no V8...
  • electronikelectronik Member Posts: 6
    "Rumor has both the coupe and sedan each seeing a 20-horsepower increase, along with revised interiors, added features, and new wheels."

This would be awesome, to get 20 more horses on the sedan, Infiniti is following the familiar trend: up the horsepower = up the sales.
  • wibblewibble Member Posts: 569
    From a semi-official source, I've been told there will be no horsepower increase for any of the 2005 G35 models. However, there may be a 2005.5 6MT (Coupe and sedan) that will produce 300HP. It's pretty much cetain that the interiors of the 2005's will be upgraded from the 2004 models.
    I think you'll like the new interiors... ;-)
    rctennis,

Have you seen the new interiors?
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,509
    that would be the next M45, aka the "supersized" G.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

Yes I have seen PREPRODUCTION pictures, fortunately. I was going to give out the pictures, but "the big guys" wouldn't let me...go figure.
  • bachfirebachfire Member Posts: 19
    When you saw the picture of the new '05 interiors, did you happen to notice if they have finally added a driver's seat memory feature to the Coupe?
    Sorry, I didn't. The pictures weren't very high in resolution. They were fairly small and grainy.
  • kfhmailkfhmail Member Posts: 199
    Has anyone "heard or seen pictures" of any changes to the front grill on the 2005 sedan?

IMO the front grill definitely needs changing...
  • maxj1961maxj1961 Member Posts: 4
    When will the 2005s reach dealerships?
    There are no front grille changes. Last year the 2004 models started showing p in august so I guess it will be the same for 2005. Infiniti tend to be later with their new model year cars than most makes.
  • bryannbryann Member Posts: 54
    are they going to move the seat controls from the top side of the seat to the bottom side where most controls are so we don't sit on them? comfort is a big issue with me and was wondering. thanks.
  • dg725dg725 Member Posts: 5
    I contacted Infiniti customer service in April and inquired as to whether the 2005 G35x would be available with a 6 spd manual transmission and was told that there were no plans to make it available. Too bad. I want to buy a sport sedan with a manual transmission and am concerned about the G35's handling in the winter in the northeast. I am also considering an Acura TL, but prefer the handling of the G35 (in the summer) as it is rear wheel drive. The G35x would be perfect if it was available in MT, as it is rear wheel drive except when all wheel drive is needed. Any suggestions?
    I would doubt that the seat controls will be changed.The new M45 has the seat controls located in the same place as the G35.
    The refreshed G35 has the exact same seats as the ones right now.
    What about the interior colors? Will gray leather be added? What about the ugly tan headliner? I hope it will be replaced. It looks OK with the willow leather but it clashes with the black leather.
  • chronochrono Member Posts: 149
    Tried to see if I could send this directly to you but cannot and did not want to start any flame wars here but if your looking for an AWD performance sedan w/manual you should really consider the Legacy GT Limited Sedan. It has the performance your looking for with some luxury amenities. The 05 model does not have HID's or Nav as an option so if that's a deal breaker for you then the GT might not be it. But the GT Limited does have standard leather, 8 way power seats, sunroof, side airbags, dual climate control etc. Interested? Check out the Legacay thread here ....

ozman62 "2005 Subaru Legacy and Outback" May 10, 2004 4:37pm!make=Subaru&model=Legacy&ed_makeindex=.ef16f98
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Let's just stick to the G35 in this discussion. We don't want to start comparisons til both are readily available for test driving. Thanks.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• ken6ken6 Member Posts: 8
    I just saw a nice looking new Maxima with wood trim. I've compared the specs to a G35 and if I can live without 4 wheel drive and a navigation system, and I can live with a 4 speed automatic instead of a 5, I wonder why I would pay more for the G35? any help?
  • leonivleoniv Member Posts: 120
    I know this is off topic a bit, but the maxima SL now comes with a 5spd auto. you can get navigation on both cars. one obvious difference is the G35 handles a little better, no torque steer. Having owned both nissan's and infiniti's, I can also say here in atlanta infiniti service is usually much better than nissan service, with little if any difference in price for normal maintenance work.
  • mbednorzmbednorz Member Posts: 63
    Best info says look for the 05s to arrive in Aug-Sep.

Heard from some Infiniti dealers on other forums that they are no longer taking orders for '04 models after July. Probably means that orders for '05s will start Aug 1. This is the same schedule as last year's release of the 04s, which started arriving in late August.
  • adinkraadinkra Member Posts: 2
    I'm considering getting a G35. Since the AWD version does not (and probably won't) come in 6MT, any ideas how either car handles in bad weather (snow, heavy rain, icy)?
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,509
    OK in bad weather, keeping in mind that you don't have the ground clearance of an SUV. Key though is getting dedicated Winter tires for snow duty. That, combined with all the electronic traction/stability features, should keep you on the road, as well as any other non-AWD car.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• knr5knr5 Member Posts: 85
    My G35 worked very well in the snow over this past winter -- as well as my 1998 Maxima SE and 1993 Camry SE used to perform with snow tires. If you live where there is a serious winter season 3 or 4 months a year, you would be well advised to use snow tires anyway -- unless you were going to drive a car with less power. Snow tires are a must for performance cars of all kinds -- including AWD. The G35 is my first RWD car purchase (I have owned several FWD and AWD cars), and I was pleasantly surprised by how well it handled winter with snow tires. I was wary about RWD in the snow like you are just a year or so ago!:)
    You get a 4 year/60000 mile warrenty, 4 years/unlimited miles road side assistance and free loaner cars for the life of your car with Infiniti.
    Does anyone know if the 2005 model will include a gray interior, similar to the graphite/stone interior for the new M45? Will there be any new exterior colors offered?
    Sorry, but I don't know what colors will be offered. :-(
  • carguestcarguest Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know if the 2005 G35 will have
    green/blue lights instead of the annoying
    and unpleasant orange lights? does anyone
    else feel that the orange lights and the seat
    controls are two of the biggest foul ups
    in the current G35?
    I hope they change it to blue so it looks cool
    like in the TL
    The early prototype pictures of the 2005 G35 had orange guages, as in the upcoming M45/Q45 and the rest of Infiniti's lineup. Oh well, I guess we can't have our way with everything! And yes, the seat controls are still the same.
  • birdman579birdman579 Member Posts: 151
    Official changes have been released: http://www.nissannews.com
  • merc1merc1 Member Posts: 6,081
    Finally the official news!

They just had to cover the TL's new found hp. The 2005 G35 Sedan gets 277hp and the 6MT Coupe gets 295hp!

They really didn't do much to the interior. It still appears that seat controls are in the wrong place and the whole thing still looks like a rush right-to-left hand drive conversion. The radio controls appear to be still on the passenger side. The current car's interior should have been gutted like Altima's was for 2005. They didn't do that, a let down for me. There are even bigger wheels for the "Sport" models. The Sedan now gets eighteens and the Coupe gets nineteens.

More power the car didn't need, a new interior it did. They chose the former.

M
  • saugataksaugatak Member Posts: 488
    Man you hit the nail on the head.

I was holding off until the new interior of the G35 came out. After seeing the interior pics, it's off the list.

Why should I pay 35 large to put a crick in my back every time I want to adjust the radio or press the double blinker button (forgot what it's called)?
  • cybersolcybersol Member Posts: 91
    The exterior sedan update looks nice with the coupe lower front bumper and the aero style side sills. Can't wait to see the new back. I imagine they went to coupe/M45 style tail lights to complete the Inifinti "sedan" brand image they appear to be creating with the G35 and Q45 refreshes and the new M45.

The interior refresh is very nice too. Real aluminum trim, really sweet new gauges, and knobs for temp and volume. Also the seats appear to have thicker cushioning with controls set deeper into the seat. Also, hard to tell in pictures, but it appears the material feel has been improved with soft armrests and other improvements. As for expectations, the refresh was always supposed to be a gauge and console adjustment according to early reliable dealer sources. In graphite with the aluminum trim or willow with the wood trim, I bet it looks (and feels!) much improved in person.

Its been exciting to watch Infiniti for the last 2 1/2 years. If they keep listening to customers, the sky is the limit.

Enjoy,
    Cybersol
This discussion has been closed.