Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mitsubishi Endeavor Prices Paid

2»

Comments

• fushigifushigi Member Posts: 1,459
    The point is that the company has placed itself in a position (under a legally binding contract) to have to support the vehicle for 10 years. So if Mitsu stopped selling in the US, they would still have to maintain parts and service capability for 10 years after they stop selling. Yes, there's the question of who would provide it if the company went under. I would think the provider would be set up and financed by Mitsu's major stockholders or by the parent company in Japan itself. Also, they could go under as a dealer network but still be profitable as a service provider (for non-warranty work).

The only real downside would be that resale would be truly horrible - much worse than it is now.

Parts availability will not be an issue; as long as there are cars on the road, Mitsu or a 3rd party will supply parts. I still see Deloreans, Renaults, and Daewoos on the road (although not every day) so we can infer that parts for other 'deceased' brands are still available; Mitsu would not be any different.

Really, Mitsu's financial issues, with the exception of impact on resale, shouldn't be a major factor in choosing to buy one of their vehicles.
    2017 Infiniti QX60 (me), 2012 Hyundai Elantra (wife)
  • dieselg4dieselg4 Member Posts: 23
    Thanks in advacne for any advice.

I'm looking at a used car dealer in Holidaysburg, PA. Thye have several Endeavers, and I'm intersted in either a silver or blue 04 LS AWD. They are both priced at $15,995, plus T+T+L. Tye each have about 18k miles.
  • dieselg4dieselg4 Member Posts: 23
    Hey Karen -

Your payment request got me thinking. $275/mo for 72 months @ 5.15% interest amounts to $16,836. Adding in 2k rebat and 3k trade, you'd have to agree to a price of $21,836, and that's not including taxes, title, and licensing. You'll have to get 7,664 from somewhere, either them upping your trade or coming down on price. What kind fo trade do you have?
  • novatznovatz Member Posts: 1
    Relatively small engine, towing capacity <3000. My enclosed trailer and cycle approach that limit. Any concerns?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,147
    For questions other than pricing, you can check in one of our other Mitsubishi Endeavor discussions. You can find them all using the search tools at the left.

kirstie_h

Roving Host

Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• eagleflyeaglefly Member Posts: 1
    Hey guys. I really need your feedback. I am in the market for a 2005 Mitsubishi Endeavor for my wife. She absolutely loves the SUV. What I am looking to purchase is an XLS model, AWD with the sunroof/coldzone package. I have posted an e-mail quote I got from a local dealer. Please let me know if you think this is a &#147;good Deal&#148;

Thanks

Dear Sir:

&#147;I am giving you a phenomenal price on the 05 Endeavor XLS with a sunroof/coldzone package!! The MSRP on this vehicle is $32,394. Dealer Invoice is $30,480. I will sell for $28680 ($1800 under invoice) minus your $2000 manufacturer warranty. This would be $26,680 plus tax and tags of course!! This vehicle comes with standard side air bags, which would have to added on and 04, or 04.5. The 04, or 04.5 are very difficult to find, and you would end up having to go up in equipment, which is more $$, just to get the 04 or 04.5!!! The actual difference in price between model years is about $380. Obviously the rebate is $2000 different as well. We have black, titanium, dover white, silver, and steel blue all in stock and ready to go for this price!! Thanks and I look forward to doing business with you!&#148;
  • welshmunwelshmun Member Posts: 3
    Picked up a 2005 XLS AWD w/sunroof and cold zone for $29,000 yesterday. Love it so far but I'll give it a few months before I make a settled decision !!

Anyone in Chicago-land, I highly recommend Schaumburg Mitsubishi. Very professional and patient. No pushing sales tactics, no pressure.
  • welshmunwelshmun Member Posts: 3
    Here I am 2000 miles later and I still love this vehicle. Hitting 17/22 MPG right on the nose. Absolutely no problems at all. Great vehicle, great deal, very happy !
  • charles12charles12 Member Posts: 79
    Hi,

How can you get this price - much lower than invoce? Where is the dealer?

Thanks.

Charles
  • tomshorttomshort Member Posts: 1
    can you tell me the name of the dealer where they have these for sale. thanks tom short
  • morey000morey000 Member Posts: 384
    The post you were replying to was over a year old.
  • hellcat51hellcat51 Member Posts: 30
    Hello all. I'm not sure where I should have posted this so I put it here. Apologies if this is the wrong spot. Happened to watch "The Unit" last night at 9PM on television and lo and behold the good guys drove up in an Endeavor! First time I have ever seen one on a television show. Seems they always use a Grand Cherokee. My 2004 XLS is still the best vehicle I've ever owned - no regrets. Enjoy the day.

Nick
  • robin15robin15 Member Posts: 18
    Steve, Hello. Do you have a copy of Daimler Chrysler Won't bail out Mitsubishi? It is no longer available at that link, not with a search. Thanks for any help. :)
  • robin15robin15 Member Posts: 18
    Sorry bout that... i didn't realize the date till after i posted. I think it was more like 2 years old.. again, sorry. :blush:
  • southwest3southwest3 Member Posts: 3
    Would really like to know your rating 1 to 10 (best) on price I paid for 2006 Endeavor LS. MSRP incl. freight $27224. Sales Tax 6.25%. Dealer kept $3000 Rebate. Paid total drive-out price of $24158. At time I thought good price, now feel paid about $500 too much. What do you think?
  • ericpopwichericpopwich Member Posts: 6
    got a quote from harbourpointeautogroup mitsubishi:
    "i have this as a break down for you on a base 2WD 2007 Endeavor: M.S.R.P.=$27,624
    Invoice =$26,072.45 our price to you is $26,876 - $4,000 in rebates= $22,876 t T.&L....
    How does that sound?"
    so 22,876 plus ttl, is this a good deal? i'm expecting to get below invoice price on these slow selling endeavors? any thoughts?
  • southwest3southwest3 Member Posts: 3
    First always get Final Drive Out Price (includes tax, lic, title, fees) this leaves no room for last minute "paperwork games". $22876 plus TTL etc. is somewhat high; probably would be $500-$800 less this Summer on your 2007; BUT will there be any color selection? Some people don't care about color...to me it is very important (especially when paying New Vehicle prices). Also to consider, should you look at Endeavors that have been driven..rentals, demos, etc...these prices for "nearly new" will be MUCH lower now through the summer.
  • kodenamekodename Member Posts: 141
    My attempt to buy a Endeavor and trade in my old one was hampered by a local dealer who didn't stock any ES models and had only 2 LS models in stock.(both hidden in the far back of the lot)This experience didn't get any better when I discovered I knew more about the vehicle than the sales staff, and their interest in me seemed half hearted at best. I think this may be too common at some of todays mega dealers who sell multible lines under one dealership. I know Mitsubishi isn't putting up any good sales volume numbers , so in such a dealership, Mitsubishi is all but ignored. It's a shame and it makes Mitsubishi's attempt at a comeback all the harder. The story ends with me traveling 90 miles to a dealership that was only Mitsubishi and they had the vehicle in stock and the sales staff knew the difference between a Outlander and an Endeavor. We drove home in a new 07 SE after the trade,rebate and loyalty bonus(the mega dealer had no knowledge of a loyalty bonus)As for price paid I was in line with all the figures I got using the Edmunds site for a TMV price and my trade value. Kodename
  • gotham_gatogotham_gato Member Posts: 1
    My experience with the Endeavors - the dealers really want to move these off their lot. I negotiated my 2007 back in April for $27000. $4000 manuf rebate + $500 student discount and my price was $22500 + ttl. From what I hear - all SUV dealers are offering great deals for 2007's now.
  • bcisland1bcisland1 Member Posts: 3
    Hi All,

We're interested in a buying an Endeavor or Outlander but we're noticing some weird things with the pricing. In Canada, the list price for a new 2007 base Endeavour (taken from Mitsubishi Canada's website) starts at $35,998. New 2007 Outlander starts at $25,498.

But when we look at autotrader.ca for all used 2007 Endeavors and Outlanders in BC the prices look odd. Used 2007 Endeavors with about 20,000 km are priced in the $25k - $28k range. Yet so are the used 2007 Outlanders. Any idea why the used Endeavors are so cheap? Is there some problem with them?

I heard a rumour that there are a bunch of used Toyota Highlanders floating around the used market and the reason they're cheap is because they've been used in the Alberta tar sands and have been driven VERY hard.

Any insight would be appreciated.
  • bullybearybullybeary Member Posts: 1
    Was at my MA dealer getting minor service, salesman quoted me $22,500 on eiher of two new 2007 Endeavors in stock, probably base models with few options. After haggling, maybe $20K or $21K? Seem like a great bargain.

BTW, my loaded 2004 4WD top of the line Endeavorl has been a great vehicle. Now with 52K miles, only significant problem has been a whistling driveshaft repaired under warranty. This time in the exhaust heat shield was rattling, only the second problem, and fixed for $45. Recently, one set of brakes, one set of new Bridgestones, new floor mats. So amazing reliability. Our 2004 Toyota Sienna, comparably equipped top-of-line, has been in the shop repeatedly. Recently has broken seat heater element ($900 to fix!), broken rear window shade ($400 to fix!), howling run-flat tires ($1100 to replace for 15K life expectancy before they become too noisy to tolerate!), dislodged electric mirror control (the only cheap repair). A typical year's worth of bugaboos, but is now ex-warranty. Reminds me a bit of my old Mercedes S-class -- $2000 every six months to keep running.

Versus the 4WD Sienna, Endeavor rides better, handles much better, has more punch, is more reliable, has a better transmission (Sienna gets confused downshifting sometimes and lurches hard), better cruise control, better stereo, and is considerably more roomy in both seat rows (and is much roomier and more comfortable than all other SUVs except maybe big Fords which it matches). Only places it loses vs. Sienna are harder interior plastics and less refied V6. With the Sienna as second car, we have never needed the third row seat.

So Endeavor has been a geat value!
  • hellcat51hellcat51 Member Posts: 30
    Can you give more detail on the whistling driveshaft issue? Did it affect the shifting at all?
  • deon27deon27 Member Posts: 3
    Hello to All,
    I test drove a used 2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor yesterday and I loved it, however after reading everyone's comments I'm thinking this is not the best choice. I have read about gas mileage, the best tires, various problems, and the article that says Mitsubishi will go under. Nevertheless, I'm still interested. What should I do?
  • mikevegas06mikevegas06 Member Posts: 272
    I don't think you should be afraid. The Hondas and Toyotas have their problems too. Here'a a link that might calm you...

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/article.aspx?cp-documentid=435706

or just click here

good luck and let us know what you decide to do
  • lcoghlanlcoghlan Member Posts: 1
    I have a quote from a MA dealer of $20,000 for a 2007 Endeavor with AWD, they are desperate to get these off the lot and are not even ordering any 09's until the gas prices drop.

I am considering a better offer of $15,000 (with my 04 Endeavor trade in) for an 08 Endeavor AWD SE with all the options.

If you look hard and find a desperate dealer you can practically steal these cars!
  • irisheyes44irisheyes44 Member Posts: 15
    How much are they giving you for the 04 or what is the bottom line on just the cost of the 08? I am shopping for an AWD 08 either a LS or SE which ever has the deepest discount. Which incentive did you take the 4000 or the 0% for 72 mos?
  • pj74pj74 Member Posts: 1
    Stay away from these guys and avoid their unethical practices.
    The sales reps are nice, but the finance manager and President will try to sneak things in on your loan and do whatever they can to cheat you out of a dollar. I caught them in the act, and simply walked away from the deal. DISGUSTING EXPERIENCE