Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2007 Caddy Escalade

Comments

• nvbankernvbanker Member Posts: 7,239
    Look, call the gator Feminine if you want to, it doesn't offend me. I like women just fine. But between the Escalade, with it's curvy hips, sides & fenders, there's no questions the boxy and straight Gator is more masculine and muscular and the Slade is the Feminine one. Either way, I live inside the truck, and the interior of the Gator is superior to the Slade, the features sell me. Lincoln may not be cool, I'll give you that one. Lincoln has no direction as a brand at this point, the Navigator is the only thing they have going at the moment. But they have the best SUV on the road IMO at this time, and GM is so on their butt, they may never get around to redesigning the Escalade. They may never get the money scraped up to design a new one. They may be in bankruptcy before then.
  • theo2709theo2709 Member Posts: 476
    All of the SUVs will be out this winter.
  • caddys4lifecaddys4life Member Posts: 15
    i have seen the 07 escalde. it is sweet. it has the grill from the concept sixteen. and the interior is vastly improved and looks more luxurious. the new escalde will blow the competition away. Just when you thought it couldn't get better GM surprises you comes up with a stunning SUV like this. and by the way news for the escalde will be coming up shortly to the media. And they have already designed the new escalde and it is ready to go into production in the next few months.
    ho is the navigator a better buy? yea maybe the interior is better but hey i have an escalde and the interiors arent bad. the navigator doesnt have that eye catching styling, it is boring and looks like the old ones except for a few things. the escalde has that got to have it factor and looks mean coming down the road when u look at its grill while the navigator looks soft. the ESCALDE is definitly a better choice just on the looks itself.
    how is the navigator a better buy? yea maybe the interior is better but hey i have an escalde and the interiors arent bad. the navigator doesnt have that eye catching styling, it is boring and looks like the old ones except for a few things. the escalde has that got to have it factor and looks mean coming down the road when u look at its grill while the navigator looks soft. the ESCALDE is definitly a better choice just on the looks itself.
    Is there a reason why you can spell Navigator, which you don't like, but you can't spell Escalade (3 times), which you think is so much better, and you say you own, caddys4life?

It may just be that one factor alone, that keeps me in the Navigator......
  • bosshoggbosshogg Member Posts: 16
    Blk Cadillac, I sure appreciate your comments regarding the Escalade. I share your opinions thouroughly. And just wanted to add that its easy to take shots at the "Big Dog". The Cadillac Escalade REVOULUTIONIZED the full size SUV market and continues to dominate it. Heck you clowns have wheels on your trucks right now! thanks to the trend setting Escalade. If you think about it the 99-00 Escalade was just simply a test run to find out if there was even a market for Cadillac Suv's and well guess what? GM found out that there was. So out comes the Boss in 2001 as an 02 model and Cadillac has never looked back. The Escalade is still as popular as ever new or used. And then the Johny come lately Manufacturers throw in 1 or 2 cool new options on their vehicles in an attempt to have a selling point over the Reining King of Suv's. Hmmmmm, Im just wondering.... how difficult must it be for the "competition" of the Escalade to build an "SUV" to compete with when its been out for them to study from since 2001. Does anyone know?

Also I should note the 2007 is coming!!! and Uh Oh! I just thought of something, Wait let me see for a second:

1) General Motors is the largest Cooperation in the US $$
    2)Re-designing the #1selling Luxury Suv in America
    3)Cadillac's new direction is performance driven and already proven for Luxury
    4)A Huge new customer base combined with their huge loyal customer base but aaahhhhh..... I wouldnt worry to much about it you only have to wait 2 or 3 yrs before the competion will play catch up again and then you guys will have your opportunity to heckle and point out more useless "flaws" ;^)
  • callmedrfillcallmedrfill Member Posts: 729
    First Ting: #1 selling Luxury SUV in America?

That would be the RX330, the ONE vehicle that outsells the THREE Caddys 2:1. And this gap will increase with the 400h (Still ONE vehicle, with two different engines).

Can't qualify this. This is fact.

And my steamy #2: Caddy Escalade customer base.

The normal Escalade sells no more than a GX470, or X5. If it sold 50-60k a year, then you'd have reason to crow. People who are buying the ESV or EXT are not interested in the base Escalade becuase they need another vehicle altogether, but enjoy the engine/styling enough to buy into it's bretheren. The EXT and ESV should count no more toward Escalade total sales as the Matrix to Corolla sales. They share many parts, but couldn't be more different, for differnt buyers.

Let's hold the applause down to it's a success (Fairly new territory for Cadillac, no?)

DrFill
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    1) the personal attacks
    2) off-topic discussion about Cadillac (and/or GM) in general
    3) trying to "prove" each other wrong. Opinions are just that.

Stick to the upcoming Escalade, and tone down the hostility. Off-topic posts have been removed.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Update the e-mail address in your profile to one that works, lest your account be disabled!

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

-Dr. F-boogy

They say when You assume that it makes an as s out of U an Me. So for that I appologize. I was asuming that it was pretty much a no brainer, when I stated that the Escalade was the # 1 selling Luxury SUV. that it was understood we were talking about Full Size.....Good luck with your Toyota sales. Oh and Fairly new territory for Cadillac?..... perhaps yes it was new, uh...... back in 99 I would say its pretty safe to applaud now. X^)
    I apologize, Kirstie - There should be no reason why your e-mails don't get through, everything else does, I have no restrictions on that address whatsoever.....
    It's my only e-mail account -
    DrFill
    OK - no prob, as long as it's valid. May have been a server outage or some other bizzare occurrence.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR

• blkcadillacblkcadillac Member Posts: 47
    The RX330 is the best selling luxury SUV period, however the Escalade is the best selling FULL SIZED luxury SUV. Followed by the Navigator.

There is a truck for everyone. Some people may like the Navigator better than the Caddy because the interior looks better.

Price plays another part, Lexus dealers always have discounts and other incentives on the RX330. So thats one reason it sells so well, and IMO I think the styling (RX330) is very nice, a little sporty and refined at the same time.

Why are people hating on Cadillacs success with the Escalade. Heck if I could sell loads of a product (anything) without putting alot of money in it and getting a fat return I believe everyone on this site would do the same. Remember it's all about the money, and GM-Cadillac have a money maker.

PLEASE PLEASE stop talking about the location of the clock in the Escalade. Has anyone seen the location of the clock the FX models. If you want to know the time just look down at when you get to red light. Or on your cell phone when your talking and driving.:)
  • chris65amgchris65amg Member Posts: 372
    ""The Escalade is no RX in market dominance. ""

That is true. I think that as soon as the Lincoln Mark LT gets rolling we can compare the Escalade/EXT sales with the Navigator/LT sales and that would be a better comparison. I attribute most of the Escalade's success to rap videos. However, it does have a nice big engine and a big grille.

""Price plays another part, Lexus dealers always have discounts and other incentives on the RX330. So thats one reason it sells so well""
    The RX sells so well because
    a) it's fairly reasonably priced
    b) it's a Toyota (reliability)
    c) It's a Lexus (refinement)
    And the hybrid version will only help.

Lexus seldom has to use mucho incentives to roll the RX off its lots. People want it, and they buy it. However, I have seen 5 grand off of Escalades at the local Cadillac dealership.

I don't think anyone is "hating on" Cadillac's success, but it is fairly obvious that the Escalade's good sales can be attributed mostly to luck. GM has a money maker now, but Lexus will have a new fullsize luxury SUV pretty soon, there's always the Navigator, and the way Infiniti has been cracking off smash hits, the next Q56 might be a good one as well. Mercedes will have the G Class for a bit more. It's going to become cramped fast, and sales of the Escalade may drop because of that.
    Again Blk, I appreciate your comments about the KING KONG of Full Size Lux. SUV's the Escalade. I do disagree with one thing though and that is saying that the Navigators interior is better than the Escalades. The 98- till the re-design Nav. interior was just ok. But now its just cheap. Ya know, Its really amazing to me that some people can be smoke screened and blinded so darn easily. Ford throws in a couple new looking gauges in a truck and people go gaa gaa over it. Come on. I challenge these same people to take another look, a real close look at the Nav. interior. When I look I see low grain leather, plastic through out the whole rig in place of chrome and the cheapest wood on the market next to that plastic cra* that they put inside many other suppose "Luxury cars". Now friends.... Its pretty obvious that I'm not too fond of Ford products. But I will always give credit where credit is due. I am always fair no matter what my personal feelings may be. In other words....... I am no Hater, unlike a few individuals that I've recently run across.......oh that reminds me I was dissapointed to see Dr F-boogy's last entry gone from the forum. I was very much looking forward to being (cough).......nice. Unfortunately, I dont remeber any of his kind "words o wisdom" except one thing that did stick out to me. It was something about no one laying out cash like GM.........."NOBODY" Yeah, your right Boogy no Manufacturer lays out cash like GM and the reason is "NOBODY" can. X^)
    But this isn't the first time, nor will it be the last. Lies can beat truth out here. It's all in how you phrase your misinformation.

Hate to correct you, as you seem to seek truth here, but 'Yota has more coin than even mighty GM. They are just tighter than pantyhose two sizes small!

DrFill
    - F Boogy look!!! : First Time in 47-Year History Toyota Reaches two million in Sales...........I found this heading on the I-net for you and thought you might like it. By the way, Congrats on the success ....to you and.. Tota. I bet your jumping for joy. I can really only imagine, but I'm sure GM was as excited as you are... when they reached 2 mill. in sales their first time.. and probably when they did it the 2nd time too.....Mmmm, I dont know but they probably did'nt get as excited the 3rd time, I'm sure you kinda get use to it after a while. Any ways, you are right..... what I should have said was up until "recently" no one could. Now, you can clearly see Boogaloo, I'M not too big to admit when I error..... It still doesnt change the fact that the Cadillac Escalade is still the #1 selling Lux...whoops sorry "Full Size" Lux Suv in America. ;^)
    I like things corrected. That's all. :D

DrFill
    -Hey Chris
    Boss here, just curious with regards to sales; how is that Lincoln Blackwood doing?

:^)
    I don't know. But it has a good shot at doing better than the Caddylanche :P
    The Mark LT has sold 599 (March and 687 (April)

Similar to Escalade EXT (623 in May), but this is after Escalade's hot start in 2002-3, which would dwarf the LT sales at it's launch.

Ford seems married to this idea of a F150 as luxury liner, but if at first you don't succeed, swing and miss again.

DrFill
  • SylviaSylvia Member Posts: 1,636
    A TV reporter is hoping to talk with someone who wants to purchase a Cadillac. Please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com with your daytime contact info by May 31, 2005.

Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com
    *eerie silence*
    (chuckle)............Im sure it will little c........ Im sure it will. And hey, since we are hoping here why not wish for bigger.... maybe it can out sell both put together! haha.

X^ )
    well the mark f-150 oh i mean the mark LT will sell like crap compared to the 'Slade ext. but still i think both models are dumb to have been built. they dont produce a lot of revenue.
  • turbid_timesturbid_times Member Posts: 2
    Hey caddy, can you comment on a few of the specific new interior features of the new Escalade? ...such as...will they have power full fold down rear seat...similar to the Navigator?....I hope they leave the gearshift on the column...and do not move it to the console...like the Navigator. All that does is get in the way. Anything else of interest. I have been delaying getting one....hoping that they would improve the interior features. Today, we have a Lexus...and I really like the GPS navigation system. Will Cadillac improve theirs? My wife is rather short...and would like to see the automatic extending running board to help her step up into it. Anything on that?... What about back up safety camera? My Lexus has it...pretty useful.
    Thanks for any info you might have.
    Turbid-times
    hey Turbid-times, the Escalade looks great vast improvements in all areas. I cant give u specifics because i have only seen a brief video on the exterior and interior. The exterior looks excellent, it had a more classy feel to it while still maintaining that no nonsense look. and it will have great power like in the old one. The interior will blow you away. It looks more like a car interior. it's just so nice and luxurious. Greatly improved from last's years version. im not sure about the rear camera but i would think that they will keep the rear sensing system in. And they did leave the gearshift on the column. I would definetly wait for the Escalade to come out in EARLY 2006. It is so much better than the one out right now. I hope this helped.

Caddys4life
  • vettez06vettez06 Member Posts: 2
    You've seen a video? How in the world did you manage that?
    My dad is VP of communications for GM and he got me a the design video of all the new SUV's coming out next year.
  • vettez06vettez06 Member Posts: 2
    Well then, feel free to forward a copy to my house. :-p
  • caddygirl1caddygirl1 Member Posts: 1
    I own both cars. I totally researched the Nav before ordering. I THOUGHT the auto running boards, fold down seats, and auto lift gate were a must. I also THOUGHT all of the storage in the rear console would be needed (I have 5 children). I couldn't be more wrong, it is only
    taking up space. All of the "extras" work when they want to.The suspension system failed and the car dropped down the tires- looked awesome but couldn't be driven. Gas mileage is horrible and it will not get out of it's own way. The interior has a cheap plastic look and the front interior lights need to angled for better visibility, and at night you can't see a thing in the front console. It just doesn't seem right that you pay 58+ and have so many things below par. :lemon: My caddy on the other hand is great! I can't say enough good things. After reading about the 2006 model changes, I can't wait to get mine! If anyone has pics I'd love to see them.
    "well the mark f-150 oh i mean the mark LT will sell like crap compared to the 'Slade ext. but still i think both models are dumb to have been built. they dont produce a lot of revenue."

Actually, they do produce quite a bit of revenue. The Mark LT broke even at 2000 units precisely because it is an F-150 under there, with more profit built in as well as wood & chrome. I'm sure the Escalanche did similarly years ago when it was introduced, and has been making gravy ever since.

Now, would anybody like to tell me if the 06 Escalade is going to have any of the following features available?

Air Conditioned seats
    Independent Rear Suspension
    3rd seat that folds into the floor.
    Unique interior from Silverado.
    Navigation.
    Low Range 4WD
    the 06' escalade will have a much better interior that looks more luxurious than the current model of the escalade and navigator. im guessing there will be a navigation system and the interiors of the silverado, tahoe, yukon, and escalade will not look a like, like they do now. i dont know the specifics of the escalade because i only saw a short video and pics of the interior and exterior.
  • equivocationequivocation Member Posts: 1
    Hey Caddys4life,

#1 If recall, and correct me if Iam wrong. Didn't you say that new Escalade will have the front as Sixteen concept.

#2 According to some of my sources at GM, they are suppose to have Granite, and a higher grade of wood also.

#3 Would they have black leather in them. I am a sucker for one. I am going to see if I can pre-order one.
    Unique interior and navigation is it? Disappointing. I'd like to see the interior shots when they come out. For me, how the cabin is appointed, the seats (which are excellent in the current model, except they're not cooled) and how the car feels on me when I get in, is the #1 thing for me when I buy a new car.
    i did say before that the escalade would have the sixteen concept grill but that was a video i saw over a year ago. the updated video i saw doesnt have all the crome like the sixteen but does look very similar.
  • dunkirkedunkirke Member Posts: 2
    have a 2004 lease ending end of month. want to wait for 2007. GMAC and dealer will not extend lease. dealer wants me to lease 2005 0r 2006 for two years. Have option to purchase for $36000. would have to finance. am afraid will not receive much of trade in when 2007 is available. Would be gratefull for any advice anyone can give me. Do not know best thing to do. Thanks
    Well - you didn't give us much information to go on, but assuming ( a lot of things ) you have about 20,000 miles on your 04, and assuming it's an AWD, but not the EXT, $36,000 wouldn't be a bad price to pay to buy it out. That's exactly what they're selling for wholesale at Manheim Auctions country wide.

If, however, your mileage is higher, or you have the 2WD version, give it back to GMAC, and buy some interim car that you can enjoy until the 07 debuts.

That's my advice. :)
  • dunkirkedunkirke Member Posts: 2
    To nvbanker; Thank you. Its AWD and 12000 miles. If I finance the purchase how do I handle if want to lease 2007 before I complete payment. Do dealers accept and give you credit towards lease of new vehicle ? Am uncertain how things work here. Its not the same where I come from. Thanks. Dunkirke
    You would trade it in at the time you leased the 07, and hopefully, the dealer will give you enough to pay off your loan on the 04. It's not a problem. I'd buy it with what you told me. You should be ok.
  • cads03cads03 Member Posts: 1
    I have (well, my wife has) an '02 Escalde, first year of current styling. She has been wanting the Pearl White one for a while now. I was thinking about buying her a new one for Christmas this year, but I don't know what I should do. Are the 06's changed much from 04/05, or are the big changes coming next year for the 07 model year? I hate to buy something brand new, then less than a year later see a model change, then you are stuck with a brand new vehicle that looks dated.

It happened to me last year, I bought an 04 F-250 diesel in Feb, then in Aug, they brought out the 05, man do I like it a lot better, but I am stuck with mine for a while.
  • dc661dc661 Member Posts: 71
    2007 Escalade should be out in Spring '06 as an early 2007. Pictures of GMC and Chevy version have already come out. I would definatley wait. They are much improved. This is the 2007 GMC Yukon. image
  • rockyleerockylee Member Posts: 14,014
    I'm looking for a link to the spy photo. Not the one where they are test driving it, but the one that was taken inside a huge GM Garage with only the back half shown....I'd appreciate it :D and Thanx-->rockylee
  • rockyleerockylee Member Posts: 14,014
    I found it....so thanx anyways ;)
  • rcf8000rcf8000 Member Posts: 619
    Shouldn't this discussion be renamed 2007 Caddy Escalade?
    Well, the info we've got from Cadillac still lists it as a 2006... if that changes, we'll change the discussion title.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR

• jgcdjgcd Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know for sure about the very rear seats in the 2007 escalade? Do the second AND third row power fold down, or do you STILL have to physically pick up and remove and find someplace to store the very last row of seats? I would buy an escalade today if those seats in the back would fold down instead of having to be removed by hand.Also, can you get the seats (second row) directly behind the front seats in bench seating instead of bucket seats in the 2006 and the 2007? Thanks for your help. :confuse: ">
This discussion has been closed.