Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Cadillac Escalade Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092

Comments

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I can't believe no one is buying after reading this:

Consumers' Most Wanted Vehicles for 2004

Steve, Host
  • slick3slick3 Member Posts: 3
    just purchased an 05 escalade but not sure I got a good deal

sticker was 57350

we paid 56740 put 8,000 down and had the availability of the gmac family plan.

Ened up with the smart buy program 48 months at 3.1%

monthly payments ended up at 550.00 with the maintaince program included...

help?
  • slick3slick3 Member Posts: 3
    traded in an 00 esclade with 60,000 also

gave us 18,000 for it
  • antproantpro Member Posts: 1
    I bought one also but the sticker was 61,635 and we paid 56,745 with 7500 down and 557 a month for 48 month smartbuy.
  • dl7265dl7265 Member Posts: 1,381
    was overloaded with black ones. MSRP 56k sell for $40,900.00

DL
  • jjames1jjames1 Member Posts: 1
    That is a very good deal. Could you mention who the dallas dealer is and the configuration you purchased? I live in the area this would be very useful. Thanks.
  • SylviaSylvia Member Posts: 1,636
    A TV reporter is hoping to talk with someone who wants to purchase a Cadillac. Please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com with your daytime contact info by May 31, 2005.

Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com
  • sunnydicksunnydick Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I'm looking to buy a used ESV cause I can't afford a new one. Any comments on differences/reliability with the 2003?

Thx.
    -Rich
  • bongo59bongo59 Member Posts: 13
    with all the new rebates available.................i'll need to sell my ext before i go shopping............i hear the new 05 can be had for less than 48K with all the new rebates..............
  • dtryttendtrytten Member Posts: 1
    My Escalade Deal
    Raven Black, Shale Interior, Nav Radio, Chrome Wheels, SunRoof. MSRP $60,745.00
    Went thru Cars Direct... out the door, rebate included, $51,205 with 3.9 financing over 60 months.
  • schutzhund1schutzhund1 Member Posts: 9
    Hi, in today's climate and family pricing, what is a great deal as far as down payment and monthly payment for a lease on either an 05-06 Escalade fully loaded? Taking opinions on if the "EXPERTS" believe the BMW X5 4.4i or the above is the one to own.

Thanks for your time all, Mark
  • mark156mark156 Member Posts: 1,915
    Schutzhund1.... From what I have read, the new 2007 Escalade will be coming out early in 2006 (March?). I would think it will have a lot of nice upgrades.

So, if you have to have something now, go for the BMW.

Mark
    2010 Land Rover LR4, 2013 Honda CR-V, 2009 Bentley GTC, 1990 MB 500SL, 2001 MB S500, 2007 Lincoln TC, 1964 RR Silver Cloud III, 1995 MB E320 Cab., 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach
  • schutzhund1schutzhund1 Member Posts: 9
    Hi, THANK YOU for your help......I can wait for the new Escalade model to come out in early 2006 to even mid 2006. Do you think they will have some incentives on their lease programs similar to what BMW (X5 4.4i)ran in August and from what I heard this coming Oct? Has anyone owned both of these SUV'S and if so, which one did you like best and why? The only thing I don't like about the BMW is the overall storage inside the car.

Thanks so much, Mark
    Schutzgund1, this is totally hypothetical, but I bet there will be incentives for the new Escalade. If fuel prices stay at $3.00 or above, GM will need something to move these huge SUV's off of the showroom floors.

I highly considered the Escalade ESV but I realized that I really don't need one that big. I go to Los Angeles often and it would be difficult to park.

So, I've decided to go with "maybe" the Land Rover LR3, Volvo XC90, Volvo wagon.... lastly... the Honda Pilot or the Acura MDX. From what I understand, the MDX body style will be updated in 2007. I really want third seat seating and there is not much out there the is a reasonable size for ease of parking.

Just my .02, Mark
    2010 Land Rover LR4, 2013 Honda CR-V, 2009 Bentley GTC, 1990 MB 500SL, 2001 MB S500, 2007 Lincoln TC, 1964 RR Silver Cloud III, 1995 MB E320 Cab., 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach
  • weman27weman27 Member Posts: 7
    I have the opportunity to purchase an '03 Certified Escalade for $30K with only 43K miles. The Cadillac CPO program is one of the best and I really need a large SUV, but the one thing that is holding me back is the 13 mpg, are there any ways to increase this number with after market parts? I would even settle for 16 mpg. Any help would be appreciated. :confuse:
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Since this is the pricing discussion, you'll have better luck getting feedback from other owners in our general Cadillac Escalade discussion.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• tinogtinog Member Posts: 1
    I wanted to get an opinion on a price of an Escalade I was looking at today at a local dealer.

I worked out a price on it for $43,500

2005 Escalade
    7,500 miles
    White
    Air Conditioning
    Rear Air
    Power Steering
    Power Windows
    Power Door Locks
    Tilt Wheel
    Cruise Control
    AM/FM Stereo
    Multi Compact Disc
    Bose Premium Sound
    Integrated Phone
    OnStar
    Navigation System
    Parking Sensors
    DVD System
    Dual Front Air Bags
    Front Side Air Bags
    ABS (4-Wheel)
    Traction Control
    Leather
    Dual Power Seats
    Moon Roof
    Privacy Glass
    Running Boards
    Premium Wheels
    Oversize Wheels 20''+

It looks like a great truck but am I getting a good deal on it in anyones opinion?

Also can anyone let me know how these trucks are in bad weather? Rain/snow etc.

Thanks
    This thread is SO slow that you might get a faster response if you go over to "Real World Trade In Values" in the Smart Shopper thread. Terry give values for new, used, trade-in and private sale.

Be sure to mention if this Escalade a 4x4 or 4x2.... I'm not sure if they are all 4x4 or not.

Mark
  • jbdhwpjbdhwp Member Posts: 3
    just wanted to know if you got your questions answered? I have owned 5 escalades since 2002 (still have 2 right now 1-ext, 1-escalade suv). I think they are once of the best suv's on the road. :)
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A national paper would like to hear from consumers who are back looking at SUVs with the drop in fuel prices. If you have a story to share about how you had put your search on hold, but are now looking at SUVs again, please respond to ctalati@edmunds.com with your daytime contact info., city/state of residence, and the make/model(s) that you are looking for no later than Wednesday, November 9, 2005

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• awf_axisawf_axis Member Posts: 136
    As a newbie, I was requested to post here about the 07 I bought March 1.

Sticker was $66,110.00. Has everything possible, except the $995 Diamond White. Raven Black, 22's, Climate Pkg, Info Pkg, Elec Seat Release, Rear entertainment, 2nd row buckets.

$60,363 before tax & license. Made this deal while vehicle was still in transit from Texas. I'm sure it's hard to believe, but you can go to Sierra Motors (Jamestown, CA) web-site to see their pricing policy. This price was a POSTED price.

Was a 7 hr round trip when I picked it up, but well worth it. Other dealer's in Reno, Sacramento, and in between are all marking UP the price from sticker. On average, about $5000 above sticker.

I was in such shock when the dealer gave me the price, that I made them fax me something to sign, and I gave a credit card over their web-site, credit app page. Gave them a FEDEX number to overnight a contract, and did the deal primarily without going there, except to pick it up. Took less than 1 hr at the dealership. Had to wait 2 weeks for the car to show up in Jamestown. Pick-up March 1, but did the deal Feb 18th.

I had already placed an order through a buying service in Reno (Lee Brothers), but they didn't give me any warm and fuzzies about delivery time. Said I was # 5600 in line with fleet orders, and it would be "maybe" 6-8 weeks.

I had just sold my Denali to a private party, and was without vehicle, so I started hunting around California on Cadillac.com, and came across Sierra Motors. Glad I did. My wife wasn't thrilled with me swiping her car all the time.

As of today, I have 2000 miles on it.
  • tdohtdoh Member Posts: 298
    That's a mighty-fine price considering that the one you got is practically fully-loaded. Congrats on a wonderful purchase!
  • normalnormal Member Posts: 19
    I am thinking of purchasing an 07 Escalade within the next couple of months. Does anyone have an idea about future incentives and what they might be, thanks.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A national newspaper is looking to interview consumers who just purchased or are looking to purchase a large SUV. Please send an e-mail to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday May 10, 2006 by 5:00 PM PST/8:00 PM EST containing your daytime contact information and the vehicle you are interested in purchasing or just purchased (please provide approx. date of purchase).

Thanks,
    Chintan Talati
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com
    That is an very good price on that vehicle, if I can find it for that price, I will probably buy it. An interesting sidenote, an automotive write for a major newspaper in the Chicago area stated that GM makes about $15,000 on each Escalade. That is a nice profit.
  • bobryanbobryan Member Posts: 3
    I live in Orlando, Florida. I can't seem to get any good deals in on new cars in central Florida. The last three new model cars I purchase came from North Carolina and South Carolina. Please advise of any Cadillac dealers in the Southeast who sell large volumes at a small profit.
    I have shopped a few dealers and been amazed at how little stock there is at the dealers, they are really pushing orders it seems, which has to be a bit of a nightmare for them as it limits the buyer seeing something and buying right away, any thoughts on Cadillacs slow production?
    I don't believe it's a matter of slow production, but of high demand. Most units are sold before they are delivered.

From what I've heard, the plant producing the '07 SUV's is running all 3 shifts. Mine came from Texas.
    Thanks Dave for the information, Cadillac apparently has a winner on their hands, fuel prices notwithstanding. I may just have to place an order to get one. Any updates on how yours is performing?
    If the following links work, then here are 2 detailed evaluations I wrote up last month. First is a general eval, and the second one regarding towing performance.

awf_axis, "Cadillac Escalade" #860, 25 Apr 2006 10:12 am

awf_axis, "Cadillac Escalade" #890, 15 May 2006 10:54 am

Dave
  • BobsGT235BobsGT235 Member Posts: 63
    I expect it in the Chevy and GMC, but why does Caddy insist on installing that cheap looking handle for the gear shift lever? It should be on the center console where any real luxury vehicle manufacturer would put it. Just cheapens up the whole interior. Name one other luxury SUV that has it on the column. And don't include MB because they are just using that stalk to satisfy the Chrysler bean counters.
  • jbratxjbratx Member Posts: 40
    CarMan,
    I recently visited and Cadillac dealership and I checked out an 05 Cadillac Escalade with the PDC package (Chrome Rims/Navigation/Sun Roof). The MSRP is $58,150 and they offered the car to me for $43,000 (taxes and licensing not included). I'm unable to tell if this is a good deal because it's a leftover. Is there a formula for being able to determine how much to pay for a dealer left over? Thanks for any and all help.
  • kedkennelskedkennels Member Posts: 2
    I recently saw a sale in the newspaper for 2006 leftovers for that same price.You may want to check that out. I foresee them offering the old models at a more discounted price seen they revamped the 2007 model.
  • jbratxjbratx Member Posts: 40
    Thanks! I'll look into that. Where do you live though?
  • silvertigesilvertige Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a quicksilver 2007 Escalade with Info pkg, comfort pkg, 22" wheels, sunroof, for 59,000. List was 62,255. The buying experience was excellent. I purcased from Coast Cadillac in Long Beach.
  • ggesqggesq Member Posts: 701
    Hi all,

I am in the market for an 07 Escalade w/ AWD and climate, information and entertainment package.

(1) First, do GMID certificates work for purchasing an Escalade?

(2) What is considered a good deal for this type of vehicle?

Appreciate any help you all can provide. Thanks.
  • timsmith1996timsmith1996 Member Posts: 1
    Hello all,
    I know Cadilac has the navigation event going on now. Do you think GMC will add another rebate/incentive next month for the end of the year? I am trying to decide if I should wait until next month or get the suv now.

Thanks,
    Tim
    I personally don't see the harm in waiting if your not in a rush since the Navi rebate will be good until sometime in January. ;)
    Just wanted to take a minute and post my positive buying experience:

Bought an 07 Escalade in White Diamond, AWD, Info, Rear Entertainment, and Climate Control Packages, Sunroof, Power Rear Folding Seat, Wood grain package, and 20" wheels using the GMID discount at Ed Morse Bayview Cadillac in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.

Very nice and easy to work with Internet Sales Manager and my overall experience was great!
  • kedkennelskedkennels Member Posts: 2
    How much did you pay? Also what is the GMID discount? I am located in Florida as well.
    GMID means " GM in your Driveway" discount. If you do a search about GMID in these forums you will get further information about it. Basically, once you get your hands on one of those GMID certificates, you call around different dealers and ask them if they will accept it- if they do- go to that dealership and pick out the Escalade you want and you will pay invoice for the truck. It's a no hassle no haggle way to get a low price on a GM vehicle. The MSRP for the truck I was looking at was 67k. I paid around 58k. With the GMID, there is also a discount on the dealer fee that you pay. I paid $150 for the dealer fee along w/ tax and tag. I got my GMID from Richard.
    You can email him at richard.ott@gm.com and request a GMID certificate from him. He will ask you for the last 4 digits of your SSN and your DOB.
    Good luck and let us know how it turns out ;)
  • glennkaweschglennkawesch Member Posts: 8
    that sounds like a pretty good deal to me!

Glenn Kawesch
    thats great,

Glenn Kawesch
    good info, thanks for sharing.

Glenn Kawesch
  • douflagdouflag Member Posts: 3
    Has anyone successfully used the GMID discount on the 2007 Escalade?

What are the current quotes that people have been getting for the 2007 model?
    Yes, I did. Look at post 40 & 42.
  • oscarb1oscarb1 Member Posts: 9
    Has anybody purchased an ext in southern california? Please post prices paid. I'm thiking of purchasing a new ext but sure wheres the best dealer to buy it at. thnx
  • acavinsacavins Member Posts: 5
    If anyone is looking purchase a vehicle using the GMID discount just e-mail me. acavins@sewell.com
  • its288its288 Member Posts: 1
    How to get the GMID certificate in Southern California area? Where is the best dealer to work with? I'm interested to buy 07 ESV. I apprecciate any hints! Thanks. :)
  • aureachaseaureachase Member Posts: 5
    I am looking to purchase a 2007 Escalade ESV with a MSRP of just over $67,000. The dealer quoted me a purchase price of $63,541 with an interest rate of 6.99% for 60 months. 1. Is this a good purchase price for this vehicle?
    2. Does anyone know of any incentives for this vehicle coming out in the near future? I see so many for GM vehicles throughout the year....do they apply to Cadillacs as well?
    Thank you for your input.

Erin