Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Cadillac Escalade Prices Paid and Buying Experience

2»

Comments

• njcaguynjcaguy Member Posts: 12
    Any further suggestions on SoCAL dealers?

Tustin Caddy?
    Nabers Caddy?
    Allen Caddy?

Tustin seems to be the only Caddy ONLY dealer, where the other ones are a combination of GMC and other brands.

I too need your feedback on which one is the best dealer to deal with for the long term.

Thanks,
  • pw1036pw1036 Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone tell me if this is a good deal on a 2007 Escalade ESV. 39 month lease with 20,000 miles

MSRP - $70,000
    Cap Cost - $64,388
    Lease Factor - 6.95% or .00290
    Residual Value - 55%

Monthly lease quote by dealer is $978.00

Should I be negotiating something better?

Thank you
  • sladerunnersladerunner Member Posts: 3
    Hello all,

I am new here and looked at an 07 ESV tonight that I fell in love with, man is that bad!!! I need some help getting a Certificate. I have emailed Richard at GM but looking through past messages I don't know if he will answer, probably gets hit up all the time. So.. any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks
    Chris,, email should not be private?
  • catamcatam Member Posts: 331
    Be careful.
    IIRC, the guy who offered the GMID to anyone who emailed, wanted you to send your Social sec #. IMHO this is a terribly bad idea. You have no idea who that guy may be. I hope you did not give out that info. If so I would check your credit right away. Good luck.
    I finally purchased my 07 Escalade loaded 2WD from Nabers Caddy in SoCal. Experience was great and the GMID discount (received from someone else) was most helpful. No haggle, around $1K under invoice, put dealer took off another $1,500 in dealer cash. Like an earlier post said, you have to be offerred the GMID discount and all they need is the last 4 digits of your SS# and your DOB, that's it. Of course you still have to feel that you can trust this person, but I would hope that whoever offerred the GMID discount just has a kind heart, but that's always tough to tell over the Internet. So far I love this vehicle!
  • sladerunnersladerunner Member Posts: 3
    OK, so can someone give me a general idea on how to obtain a GMID? thanks alot
    Chris :):)
  • kwkkcommkwkkcomm Member Posts: 1
    Is your vehicle totally loaded? I purchased a esv w every option for almost the exact price. I recieved $1000 rebate & 0% for 36 mo. I thought i got a great deal?
  • ninanuka67ninanuka67 Member Posts: 1
    I am about to purchase esc EXT...how is this GMID works?
  • moigymoigy Member Posts: 3
    I just bought one with a sticker price of $67,800 for $62,250. I bought it in Fort Wayne, Indiana. The final sales experience was a nightmare - over 5 hours and the dealer tried to pull a fast one. Now he is attempting to correct his stupidity. What is a GMID?
    What I don't like about Caddy dealerships is that they are combined all in one lump with Buick, Pontiac, GMC so there is no exclusive luxury feel when you go to a Combined Dealership like this. Compare my Cadillac GMC Pontiac dealership to a Lexus, BMW or Mercedes Dealership and it's like night and day. Caddy dealership just seem outdated.

GMID is standard for GM in the Driveway Discount which is like a friends and family discount, not as good as an employee discount, but still around $1,000 under invoice, no haggle + any further incentives that GM is offerring at the time.
    I often why dealers still try to pull fast ones on people? Don't they realize the importance of having a long term customer and trying to steal a couple of hundred dollars from a buyer with gimmicks just puts a bad taste in our mouth. One bad experience ruins it all. You just can't bear to give any more business to that dealership that is trying to pull a fast one on you. Whatever happenned to the customer comes first and honesty is the best policy?
  • achadha1achadha1 Member Posts: 65
    Has anyone got good deals on Smart Buy? This is similar to a lease but you have a choice of giving the car back for 250 bucks or making a ballon payment at end of a 4 year or 5 year term.
  • iceman2iceman2 Member Posts: 23
    I'm about to purchase a 2007 Escalade, 2WD, sunroof, 20" wheels, entertainment, nav. I can use a GM supplier discount but not sure what kind of price it REALLY entitles me to. Am I better off straight-out negotiating with the dealer for my best deal, or will the GM supp. be the best possible deal?

Has anyone gotten pricing below invoice on these SUV's? How hot are they right now?

Your advice is appreciated!
  • plrowenyplroweny Member Posts: 4
    Can anyone tell me if a 2007 Escalade, fully loaded with 17,000 miles priced @ $57,995 is a good deal? It's curently being leased and the leasee needs to sell for personal reasons.
  • bimmeresqbimmeresq Member Posts: 15
    A Southern California dealer quoted me the following, good or bad? Need to know ASAP. Thanks in advance.

Blk/blk ESV
    Information Package
    Climate Package
    Rear Entertainment Package
    2nd Row Seats Power Assist
    Sunroof
    18" Wheels
    MSRP 67,005
    $3,000 Rebate

Offer: $58,253 AFTER rebate (not including tax)
    I think that the price is good. I paid about $5000 more. Remember, however, that we are in August and the car is out of production. The 2008's are currently being built. That means that it is essentially a "leftover".
    If your plan is to hold onto the car for a long while, then the deal is sweet. If you change vehicles every few years, then it is not such a great bargain, in my opinion.

Good Luck whatever your decision.
  • neobrianneobrian Member Posts: 1
    Hi Dallas Dealer,
    I was interested if you could give me some pointers on how to track down overstock deals of this nature. The dealers in my area act like they don't really need to mark anything down. I would love to hear 60k car marked down to 45 or something similar. Thanks for the tips.
    Brian
  • divotmakerdivotmaker Member Posts: 2
    We have our eyes on a fully loaded (Nav, DVD Players, 20" wheels, etc) that is being offered to us at $51,500 OTD, including a 5 year/75K mile Major Guard warranty. The vehicle has 6500 miles and was a lease return. Two questions: 1) Does this sound like a good deal?
    2) We plan on keeping this for about 3-4 years. Since it's the last year of the older body style, do you think we'd be better off paying about $6K more and getting an 07 with similar miles?

Thanks for any help on this.
  • highpoint7highpoint7 Member Posts: 2
    We are thinking about buying FULLY loaded (22" Chrome) 2008 ESV for $63K with an MSRP at $71,000 in Houston area. Is that a better price? Would greatly appreciate if anyone can share their experience of ESV for 2007 and/or 2008 model(s).
    Thanks
    highpoint7
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter seeks to talk with consumers who just purchased a new large SUV. Please send the make and model of your vehicle along with your daytime contact information to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Thursday, November 8, 2007.
  • miller14miller14 Member Posts: 9
    Yesterday, I purchased a black on black fully loaded 2007 2WD Escalade. It was the manager's demo and has 7k miles. However, it is still considered a brand new car since it has never been titled. I am receiving the full warranty. Here are the options the vehicle has:

Information Package (Navigation)
    Rear Entertainment Package (DVD)
    22" Chrome Wheels
    Power Release 2nd Row Seats
    Rearview Camera System

The MSRP was $64,720 and I purchased it for $56,100 plus tax, tag, title, and dealer fee ($600). I also got 0% interest for 5 years and free maintenance for 3 years. How did I do?
  • hoody1337hoody1337 Member Posts: 4
    Bought mine in July:

18" Chrome Wheels

did the whole deal via email from a dealer in CT. It was a used 07 (Caddy Exec Vehicle) with 9k miles. In-service date was Feb07

Paid $52k
  • nsiminsimi Member Posts: 1
    Im going to be buying a cadillac in the next week. i got a really good deal on an escalade and i want to know how reliable they are. First of all im 19, money isnt thin, but i dont want to spend an unreasonable amount on maintenance and all. I can get a 2000 Escalade with 60k miles for $13k with a 1 year warranty. Is it worth it and when will it start giving me problems if any?

Thx
    Why are you considering a Cadillac at age 19? It's not the money issue that concerns me, but the lack of driving experience. I would suggest putting on a couple of hundred thousand miles on a mich cheaper & smaller automobile. New drivers make mistakes. It takes a while to have gone through lots of complex situations before you should tackle a large automobile.

I have owned over 57 cars in my life, so far, and feel that I probably have gone though just about every potential crrisis situation. Trust me - it's worth the wait, You will appreciate the Cadillac more later on.
  • plrowenyplroweny Member Posts: 4
    I had a 1970 Escalade, ran like a dream but of course you don't get high mileage. Low in fact. The only problem I had was a pinhole leak in the a/c pipe going to the rear of the car. If kept running out of freon. Finally, I had the hole plugged and it worked great after that. I had a Cadillac Deville before that and it had 177,000 on it when I sold it and it ran like a dream too. Guess I've been lucky.

It was not my first vehicle either, it was about my fifth and after drivng a Caddy you're spoiled. I replaced it with a 2007 fully loaded Escalade with 22" wheels and all the bell and whistles. I found it on a Ford dealer lot, someone had just traded it it (due to a divorce, I spoke personnaly to the guy and got the whole story). It had 6,000 miles on it and I paid 53K. New it would have been well over $75K with all the exras. My cousin sells them, and I didn't buy it from him. He quoted me $56 for one without any extras.

Hope this helps. Have fun and drive safe. By the way, it's had to see backing up if you don't have the back up camera so pay atttention to that, Pat :D
  • lykourinoulykourinou Member Posts: 67
    What state are you in, here in Atlanta Cadillac has it's own seperate dealership. Pontiac, GMC, and Buick are all sold on the same lots though.
  • bonnieabebonnieabe Member Posts: 1
    any help on negotiating my deal? try to do it at end of April? start at Invoice only? try to end up at 2% over that? I want the white diamond ultra luxury w/22"'s and sunroof escalade. With gas at 3.59 gallon, what kind of neg. will I have? I will pay cash and have a 2002 trade-in. I went to Car-Max and they only offered $10,500 for it! Boo!
  • tcotta411tcotta411 Member Posts: 2
    Ok. I think I will have everyone in this forum beat on this one. Last month (May, 2008), I purchased a brand new 2007 Cadillac Escalade with 80 miles from Reynold's Cadillac in Orange, VA. The car has absolutely every available option including:

22" Chrome Wheels
    Rearview Camera System
    Retractable Running Boards
    Premium Paint *White Diamond*

I paid $52,296 and this included tax, tags, and Gap Insurance.
    *AWESOME*
  • kgabekgabe Member Posts: 25
    Anyone have access to the Smart auction? If so what are low mileaged 08' Escalades going for? I'm looking at a $66K sticker 08' with 3800 miles. Asking $46K. I would sure like to know what the GMAC Smart auction is asking for a similar vehicle.
  • cjbarbagallocjbarbagallo Member Posts: 1
    I was thinking about buying a 2000 cadillac escalade 4x4 as my first vehicle.
    what are a few things i should look out for?
    it's going for 7000
    it has
    * AMFM Radio
    * CD Player
    * Power Windows
    * Power Locks
    * Power Mirrors
    * Power Seats
    * Leather
    * Roof Rack
    * Cruise Control
    * Tinted Windows
    * Running Boards
    * Dual Airbags
    * Alloy Wheels
    * Keyless Entry
    * 4X4
    * Fog Lights

* Interval Wipers
    * Rear Defroster
    * Center Console
    and 119k miles.
  • clubmanager1clubmanager1 Member Posts: 7
    that would be about 39 at auction recently
  • broham1broham1 Member Posts: 8
    Wondering if you ever pulled the trigger on that Escalade, if so can you tell us what you paid?
  • broham1broham1 Member Posts: 8
    Clubman - how bout a 2008 ESV with 29000 miles?
  • texamau1texamau1 Member Posts: 42
    Hi Clubmanager,
    how much would a 08 esv with 'platinum' have ~20K mi go for @ the auction?
  • sjangsjang Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2010
    Hey guys, I need help ASAP.
    I have a question about 2010 Escalade base that was a rental car in Hawaii, but it is now in Texas. it was auctioned in Missouri before it got to Texas Dealership.
    6.2L V8, AWD, automatic, 5k miles, Black and it's priced at 52000. Carfax is clear but as you know rental car companies usually self claim it so it wouldn't be on carfax for any accidents. It still has factory warranty.
    What do you guys think about buying a used rental Escalade with a low miles? Is this a good deal? you think there is any room to negotiate even more?
    Thank you in advance.
  • escalade24escalade24 Member Posts: 45
    Hi,

Including rebates, what would be a good price on a new 2010 with an msrp of around 72,000...the dealer will only go down to 59k but I think that I should be getting more of a discount.

Also, what type of discount is everyone getting on a 2011 these days. The best I have seen is 12k anyone get any better?
  • tracis30tracis30 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I have a 2008 Escalade. Looking to buy a 2011. Talked to the Dealership today and went over the incentives. Will be paying cash. Bought the 2008 from a different Dealership. This Dealership I'm working with on the 2011 said I should be on some sort of "electronic manifest" that GM dealers get with previous buyers names on it and there is a $3000 or $3500 rebate for previous buyers. My name is suspiciously NOT on the list. They don't know why. Strangely, they don't know how to get me on the list, nor do they know who to contact. They told me to Google it. They said I should be able to find a phone number to call and ask why my name is not on the list. I guess me driving up in the 2008 wasn't proof enough that I bought one. :-) Anyway, do any of you out there know anything about this? My Google search netted me a phone number that has been busy for 2 hours and a web address for www.gmdealerworld.com that is defunct. Thanks in advance for any info you can give me. Traci
  • ariknycariknyc Member Posts: 37
    I found this escalade on ebay motors. It's a 2008 for $43K from the original owner in New Jersey with 36K miles, clean title, no accidents with the platinum options. I'm thinking about buying it but is this too good to be true?

Here is the link if you want to check it out and let me know if it's worth it.

http://bit.ly/o12GYG
  • tcotta411tcotta411 Member Posts: 2
    Sounds like a great deal to me! I checked out the auction and don't see any hidden costs. The seller has 100% feedback. The vehicle report is flawless. My only issue is why he didn't show more pics... If the car isn't too far distance-wise, go check it out in person. Go for it! And keep us updated.
  • timj757timj757 Member Posts: 13
    I thought about getting an Ebay car too, how did it work out?
  • sewellgsmsewellgsm Member Posts: 775
    Just took a job as GM in one of the Cadillac dealerships in Texas...would like to hear from the forum with advice they would like to give me in the way of sales and service... :)

What do you want out of a dealership?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    A reporter is looking to talk with someone who is in the market right now for a big SUV. If you think you can help, please contact pr@edmunds.com by the end of the day on Wednesday, September 11, 2013.
  • jctitan08jctitan08 Member Posts: 3
    Bought a 2008 Escalade ESV AWD with Luxury package (in August 2012). Paid $40.5K for vehicle (+tax/title/license/3-yr warranty... out the door cost $47K). All is well overall, now just over 1 year later. A few miscellaneous fixes needed to include broken motor mount (extended warranty covered), passenger side view mirror vertical axis failure (replaced mirror motor & glass; extended warranty covered), battery dead (day after purchase from the dealer... nice... they did replace it though reluctantly), TPMS on a wheel went erratic and eventually died. May sound like a lot in one year+, but most are relatively minor issues (save for the motor mount which could have been more severe, but thankfully was caught in time to have no damage done). Love the space, power, luxury... hate the ride on the 22" wheels though! They look awesome, but that's about it. In the process now of purchasing 18" wheel and tires (due to ride, desire to tow and go off-road with trailer, and moving to more winter weather area... hence 22's not good!). The ride on our truck at 1/3 the cost new is literally much smoother and more comfortable than the Escalade on 22's. (Would normally never quote a rap song, but Tyga's "Rack City" says it; "too much rim makes the ride too hard"... must be on to something! ;) )
  • agiancommoagiancommo Member Posts: 12

Hope I can revive this thread. I'm looking at 2014 Escalade, either Luxury or Premium model. May I ask how much others paid for theirs or the price you used to base your lease on (given down pmt). I understand 2015s are coming out and they redesigned it. Hoping for a break on leasing a 2014. Thanks in advance.

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

If you recently bought a Chevy Tahoe, Cadillac Escalade or a Buick Encore, please email PR@edmunds.com before Saturday, July 12, 2014 to discuss with a reporter.