Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Tundra Prices Paid

Comments

• andtokyoandtokyo Member Posts: 5
    thanks warwoman ;)
    got the same deal as you in black. the price went up $500 from nov 30, 2006 to dec 1, 2006 but salesguy remembered and honored our phone conversation.
    $25,888 + $350 (gap insurance) + ttl
    2006 tundra 4x4 Double cab
    W/All Weather Guard Pkg.
    Rear Priv. Glass
    Limited Slip Differential
    Fog Lamps
    17" Alloy Wheels
    Carpet Mats
    Keyless Entry
    pre-financed i was there at 5pm and on the way back to atlanta by 6:30pm only because i had to choose b/t red, white or black. $700 more for red without mats and 16" tires.
    -sidenote: got a ticket on the way there as soon as i left i-85. 82 in a 65 at a $140... *bummer*.
    what bugs me though is i walked into my living room in time to catch toyotaofnewnan.com advertising a ~20k DC 4x4 tundra. knowing atlanta dealerships though i realize/hope this is a bait and switch.
  • warwomanwarwoman Member Posts: 11
    I'm like you,I've done enough research looking for this vehicle all over the Southeast to know that the Toyota of Newnan deal has a great big old hook in it somewhere. Believe me,you got a great deal! Did you take I-85 all the way to South Carolina and then go up,or I-85 to 985 and go up thru Clayton to Franklin,NC,and then cut over the mountains? Was it a S.Carolina or a Georgia ticket? What a bummer!!!
  • andtokyoandtokyo Member Posts: 5
    thru southcarolina 85 to 25 to 26. oh welp, i saved $500 with a phone call so i can't complain. i was doing 90 most of the way just to get there before my bank closed in atlanta. now i need a bedliner for hauling and running boards just to climb into the thing.

thanks again
    SC cops are tough! I'm facing the same situation with step bars and bed liner. I had black tubular step bars put on last week,and will take it to Franklin,NC to have rhino lining put on tomorrow. The step bars add to the appearance,and sure make it easier to get my short legs up into the truck.I haven't decided on a bed box yet,probably a black one. I am having a "goal post" type ladder holder put on in the near future,as I use ladders in my business a lot!
    Drive safe,and enjoy your truck. Have a wonderful Christmas.
  • jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    FYI the Toyota Tundra double cab 4x4 seems to be moving very slowly with the anticipation of the 07. Several dealers on Motoralley.com have ads for $9000 off the 2wd.
    (with toyota loyalty, for what thats worth.)

There are tons of the double cabs within 300 mi of Southern Ohio but not one access cab. Anyone else around the country note the scarceness of this model?

For those interested, try emailing/faxing 15-30 dealers end of Dec or Jan and fish for a desperate dealer needing to meed a quota. See if $10000 off MSRP the $32000 dlb cab model is possible, being happy with 8400 or $9000. There is definitely a substantial amount of unadvertised dealer cash available in addition to the rebate.

The $33000 vehicle wholesales for about $21000 in a year or so so even with $7000 off they are hardly giving an 06 away.

Happy Hunting
    --jjf
  • truckghtruckgh Member Posts: 2
    I bought an 06 Limited Double cab with nav and dvd in 4wd with tow package. 2 months ago, All I wanted was leather but inventories are so low that I had to buy one with everything because I could not find one that did not have the Nav and the Dvd but still had leather. I ended up getting it for $37k with 0% financing.
  • rpfingstenrpfingsten Member Posts: 154
    stn0795.... just wanted to put my 2 cents in... I have an 07 Toyota Avalon and have been so impressed with the build on the car that when my son decided to buy a new truck last week, I persuaded him to check out the tundra. Initially he wanted a Nissan Titan.. I don't know anything about them, but from an aesthetic point of view, I thought it was hideous. anyway my son fell in love with the Tundra and just took possession of a new 06 Tundra 4x2 Double cab SR5 V-8. Alot of immenities, power windows, doors, electric back window, leather, fog lamps, and the list goes on and on. He ended up getting the truck for 24,558 + TT&L. Again, not sure if thats a great deal, but fairly confident that he got a "good" deal... when you factor in that he totaled his 2001 gmc stepside that I just finished paying off and signed over to him, and that he got an insurance check for 12 grand for the wrecked truck, it becomes pretty obvious that he got a great deal. ( I did think 12 grand for a 5 1/2 year old gmc stepside was good ) 12 grand in his pocket that he never even had to spit for brings those 28 to 30K tundras alot more affordable when you can knock 40% off with an insurance check...

Roland
    Good deal on the ins payoff. Who's your insurance with. Chubb group?

Good call on the Titan vs Tundra deal too. Although it has its drawbacks and Titan has its advantages its a better and more reliable truck.

--jjf
  • autoseekerautoseeker Member Posts: 1
    I am currently looking for a Tundra Double Cab, in Florida. Did you end up getting the truck for $23,000?
  • laney0069laney0069 Member Posts: 12
    2006 (model 7844A) Invoice
    Tundra D.Cab 4x4 V8 SR5 (Gold Color) =$27,104

DJ- JBL AM/FM/CD With 8 speakers =$405
    CK- All weather guard Pkg =$80
    JC- overhead console W/compass, o/s temp =$128
    KE- Remote keyless entry =$184
    LD- Limited slip diff. =$227
    OF- TRD off road pkg, off rd tuned =$748
    PG- priv. glass =$64
    PN- anti theft system =$176
    SR- power tilt slid moonroof =$800
    CF- carpet floor mats/door sill prot. =$105
    4P- 7 pin to 4 pin adapter =$9

So invoice cost w/ option =$30,030

Then some odd charges

Fuel/Admin charge = $10.00
    Delivery, processing and handling fee = $605.00
    TDA ???? (whats this) = $629.00

total = $31,274.00
    OUR COST + 500.00
    -----------
    $31,774.00
    REBATE cash back - $2,500.00
    ------------
    $29,274.00
    Plus tax, title, and lic.
    Thinking about warr. also bump2bump coverage 7yr./100,000.
    They verbally said it would be about $2,000.00
    Oh yea Seattle,WA area
  • hunter20hunter20 Member Posts: 2
    Unfortunately my 2004 DC LTD is totalled, thanks to a cell phone talker that didin't see me stopped in traffic to turn left and rearended me at 55mph. I loved the truck and will be replacing it with an 06 DC LTD. MSRP is about 38K, One dealer offered 2K off MSRP plus the $3000 rebate. Another dealer offered $31,500 after rebate and discount. Does this seem reasonable? I really want an 06, I prefer the more traditional style and real fake wood dash to the more modern style and larger size of the new 07 redesign. Plus I am reluctant to buy the first year of any new model, even a toyota.

Does 31,500 for a 4x4 DC LTD in WI sound reasonable?
    Start at my message 3863 on the Honda CR-V prices paid discussion for useful info on how to buy a car.

The DC model seems to be a particularly slow mover around southern Ohio, with the access cab nowhere to be found. I'm not particularly fond of price targets, but if you need one start at about 10k off and be be happy with 7500-10k. The limited edition may be similar. Unless there are significantly less of them. Play hard to get as it is a buyers market.

A inventory search from the Toyota website for about 200mi your surrounding area will show your supply situation. This whole market segment this year has been discounted 25- 30% off. The 08 redesign has slowed sales also.

--jjf
  • rpfingstenrpfingsten Member Posts: 154
    Hi laney0069.. in your last post you asked if 29,274 was a good deal on the truck you were looking at. I believe you're looking at a 4 wheel drive vehicle... compare that to the truck my son bought 3 weeks ago, 06 double cab tundra 2 wheel drive, leather, electric everything, but does not have navigation or back up cams. he bought his truck for 24,558 + tax, title and license... as for extended warranty, I guess they run different prices between cars and trucks... i bought a new 07 toyota avalon sedan 3 months ago.. the extended warranty was 72 mo or 100,000 Miles with a $50 deductable and it cost me 1595.00 My son bought an extended warranty for his tundra, same terms, 72 months, 100,000 miles, but with a zero deductable.. his warranty cost him 1080. 520 less than I paid for mine... Go figure.

Roland
    Went last night to go buy. Had them down to invoice only ( no plus $500 over invoice). Looked at the blue metallic. I pulled it into the dealer garage looked over. It was hit on the fender flare and maybe slightly pushed the bed a touch. Didn't fell comfterable buying even they said it would look good as new. Exact same setup and color avail in 2 weeks. Might get that or choose different color somewhere else.

One those warr. you bought where they toyota warr. or aftermarket?
    Thanks
    Lane
  • kvenanzikvenanzi Member Posts: 5
    Looking to buy a new vehicle and 2006 tundra is one on my list. I found locally (PA) a 2006 Tundra SR5 Crew Cab 4wd V8 Silver. Not sure of the options but it is listed at $30240 MSRP. What is a realistic offer to make? and would this offer include the $3000 rebate or would that be additional to the offer I make? Thanks.
  • opsmoopsmo Member Posts: 8
    Kevinanzi

first question I have for you is the 3000 rebate something new in December. My son bought a new Tundra near the end of November and the rebate was 4 grand... might want to double check that... as for the amount to offer, let me just tell you my sons truck is a new 06 double cab v-8, leather, electric windows and locks, pretty much everything except it dosnt have navigation or heated or cooled seats. also his truck is 2wd... he got his truck for an out the door cost of 24,500 Hope this helps... oh, he had a gmc sierra 1500 before this... he says no comparison..Tundra blows it away. Good luck.

Roland
  • robin2226robin2226 Member Posts: 14
    I just bought a Tundra today (Dec/15/2006) I know I buy it late but better than nothing . It a brand new 2006, V6, access cab, SR5. On the newspaper ads said: MSRP $24225, after rebate+sale my price is $15988. I went to the bank do some transfer money then I brought the ads to the dealer and ask them show me the car, the salesman take me to the lot and show me the car, it's a metallic silver, beige interior, V6, Auto Transmission, Airconditionning, power window and ........ I told the salesman I take it. That's is, all the deal done in 1 minute.
    So the price is $15988, and out-the-door is $17967.
    I know the new design 07 will come out in two months, but what the heck, I got my Tundra.
  • vrtstingervrtstinger Member Posts: 1
    robin226,

i'm looking for exactly the same truck you bought but where I may make a purchase they are charging $17,770 with out tax and license. Where did you purchase yours?
  • flattheadflatthead Member Posts: 1
    Hi All:

I went to the local dealer in Greer, SC... Apparently there are no more Access Cabs. They have maybe 6-8 Double Cabs. Price quoted was $26,300 for the Sporty special edition one: leather, 20" wheels running boards, etc. I think $25,300 would buy it.

Also I'm pretty sure I can get an SR-5 with nice alloy wheels and maybe a bedliner for $22-23K out the door. Cloth interior, no running boards, no wood trim, etc,... What do you all think? I haven't gone to Spartanburg, Anderson or Asheville yet. Should I try Atlanta? It's 2-3 hours from me.

Thanks for everyone's input, and best regards

J
    Just an update- I did it. Paid $31,868 (invoice), Pro Pack (paint sealant, fabric protector, underbody spray) $499 , window vin etch $199 , toyota maint. pkg.(11 visits 5k,10k,15k,20k,25k,30k,35k,40k,45k,50k,55k incl. parts&labor)= $995 , 7yr/100k toyta platinum bumper2bumper $1490. So total all that together and minus $2500 cash back. sales tax $3185.17, $35 doc fee. Grand total o.t.door $35,971.17. Oh yea, Bellevue,WASHINGTON dealer. Just LineX'd it $400 plus tax. Lowes tool box $250(orig.$278). Happy shopping. :shades:
    2006 TUNDRA D.CAB SR5 V8
    BLUESTEEL METALLIC
    Here is the options I got
    CC, CK, DJ, AA, JC, JZ, KE, LD, LF, PG, PN, SR, CF, FE.
    You're in the same area of the country I am. Go to www.jimbarkleytoyota.com and click on the left menu on new toyotas. From there you can see what they have "hot on the lot",or look thru their inventory. That is where I purchased mine. Great deal,no hassle!They are in Asheville,NC.
    Merry Christmas!!
  • nicoleswacknicoleswack Member Posts: 2
    WHERE DID YOU BUY YOURS AT?
  • robin2226robin2226 Member Posts: 14
    To: nicoleswack.

Sorry for the delay, I did not check this forum often.
    I bought my 06 Tundra at: Manhattan Beach Toyota, in city of Manhattan Beach, California

I still have the sticker window sheet, and the long yellow receipt , I can scan anf send to you if you requested.
  • jgblanchjgblanch Member Posts: 1
    Holla Amigos.

I am new to the forum and need help from the collective wisdom regarding pricing.
    I am looking to purchase a new '06 Tundra, 2wd, DBl Cab. Limited with the following:
    EJ- JBL system
    CK- All weather
    JC- Overhead console
    KG- Running boards
    LD- Limited slip
    LP- Leather package
    SR- Moonroof
    CF- Carpet and sill protection

MSRP is $34,847. Rebates in Arizona are just $2,500. Invoice is roughly 31,200. Since this is the last of the Limiteds in this area, I am wondering, given that they need to get these out the door, how much less than invoice is a fair offering? I saw one post saying $7,000 below sticker is reasonable considering the new Tundras will be out in a month. On the other hand, I hate to lose out on a great truck at a reasonable price.
  • johnfromncjohnfromnc Member Posts: 10
    Rice Toyota in Greensboro, NC, a reputable dealer, is offering new 2006 Access cabs with the V-6 for $19357. This looks like invoice less the $3000 rebate. Actually, their print ad has the price at $18,988. See http://www.ricetoyota.com/Specials-PrintAd.aspx
  • johnfromncjohnfromnc Member Posts: 10
    How about offering invoice (31,200) less $2500, which is $28,700, but insist that it be "out-the-door"? That gives you a comfortable bump down with the rebate plus no extra taxes, tags and dealer rip-offs. Personally I would not go any higher than this. The other possibility is to go on the Internet and make your lowest out-the-door offer to all dealers you can locate within driving distance. This can happen quickly. You can find their email addresses by doing a Google search for "Toyota Arizona". If someone bits, you then have two choices, bargaining down the original dealer or taking the second deal.

Good luck.

JohninNC
  • goldmembergoldmember Member Posts: 19
    debating between and used f150 (2005) or new tundra. The f150 is a loaded lariat edition supercrew with 22k miles on it. It looks flawless. Drove it and really liked it. They're asking $25900. But I also like the tundra's and got a price of $28500 after rebates for an 06 double cab sr5 with the trd package. No sunroof, leather or nav. Is this a good deal? I'm located in the northeast. To me it's seems they should be blowing these out for a few grand less. This price isn't much differnt than what they gave me two months ago.
  • urtundraexperturtundraexpert Member Posts: 20
    hey goldmemeber you are comparing a used ford to new tundra. I am gonna say they own the Ford for 21,200. The toyota sounds like a fair deal. What dealership did u try?
    I guess that was a bad post. I'm really comparing used F150's and used Toyota Tundras. I currently own a tacoma so I'm slightly leaning towards a tundra. In my search of used trucks I found that F150 that I took for a test drive and really like it. I started to look at invoice pricing for both trucks and the tundra seems to be giving a better deal in my opinion. I'd really prefer to have leather though and a new leftover 06 tundra would run me $33,000. I just don't have that money for a monthly payment. Truly, I'm comfortable financing around $27,000. My wife wants me to get what I'll be happy with, instead of "wishing" I had gotten certain features after owning the truck a year from now.
    There seems to be tons of the 06 double cabs leftover and in anticipation of the 07. Most of the access cabs seem to be gone or becoming scarce. The machine wholesales about 10k off list 1st year, so you want about 7k off MSRP, which is what many seem to be getting. (Review the last few months posts)

--jjf
    What I would suggest you do is go with the Tundra Double Cab with the AL package. AL has the bucket seat, alloy wheels, fender flairs. It does not have the TRD off road package but all this package has that makes a hudge diffrence is the all terrain tires which you can get yourself later and the bilstein shocks. Not to big of a deal. So the AL package truck is 33,127 MSRP. Take the MSRP 33,127 LESS THE 2500 dollar rebate equaling 30,627. The dealrship will work with you to get around your number of 27,000. So if you get the truck for 28,000 you can be at 504.58 for 72 months with an intrest rate of 8.9 pending your credit score. At 72 months WITH A RATE OF 5.9 YOU WILL BE AT 463.91 roughly. The dealership also has after maket leather heated seat just as good as factory if not better. The cost is 1,295 and 395 for the heaters. This is a rough estimate ofcourse. You should give the nashua dealership a try.
    Thanks. Do you work for that dealership? I bought my Tacoma in Portsmouth. My credit is great, so my rate should be at the best available as well.
  • mikefm58mikefm58 Member Posts: 2,882
    Anyone else having problems getting a decent price on a leftover 06 Tundra? They seem to be in short supply here and no one's dealing. They're staying pretty close to MSRP minus the $4K incentive. I even found an 06 used Tundra with only 100 miles and they're asking $1500 over MSRP, which is crazy.

Looking for a recommendation in the Orlando Florida area.
    Go to the toyota website and use the dealer locator to find inventory of Tundra's in your city and adjacent ones. I would assume almost all are double cabs. Like I said the Tundra wholesales about 10k off list 1st year so you want about 7k off.

Possibly you're looking at access cabs? (short supply but you still want 6-7k off)

--jjf
    I'm looking for the limited access cab stepside 4x2 V8 auto. I've found three vehicles like that from the nine dealer websites that toyota.com lists. I'm planning Saturday to go visit, but I'm not holding my breath, so far emails haven't been promising. They all list in the $30K - $31K range and my target price is $24K plus TTL, so we're both on the same page.
    Yes, I do work for them. If your credit is good like you say it is you should have no problem. I have a few trucks here at the dealership that would work for you. Good luck and get one befor the incentive programs go away. The Tundra rebate is at 2,500 dollars.
    Jfritsch you seem really sure of what you are telling people to do on these forums. Have you gone yourself to the dealership and ask for 7,000 dollars off the MSRP? If so, did you get the truck you wanted and what model of Tundra did you buy?

Thanks
    His figures seem to be on as I just found a dealer who says I can buy the Tundra with an MSRP of $30261 for $23995 after the incentive. That's for a 4x2 Limited Access cab V8 stepside. We only talked on the phone so I'm hoping he has a bit more to work with, going in tomorrow. I didn't pin him down for an exact out the door figure. I'll post the details when I get back tomorrow.
    New 2006 Tundra Limited Access cab 4x2 V8
    Manufacturer Options
    CC Cloth captains chairs
    CK All weather package
    RL Daytime running lights
    TO Tow package

Dealer installed options
    JB3 Bedliner
    PV4 Carpet mats

MSRP $30261
    Invoice $27200 (est. due to dealer installed options)

Price 28000
    Dealer fee 500
    - Trade in 13150 2005 Civic LX coupe auto SE 19K miles
    TTL 1070

The trade was higher than I thought I'd get based on feedback from over in Real World Trade-In values.

I decided to do the 0% interest for 60 mos. instead of the $4K rebate as it will save about $500 over the life of the loan as compared to financing it through my credit union and taking the rebate. Both the salesperson and the SM commented how little they made on the deal and that I did my homework. We went back and forth several times and they even let me leave and go to lunch when we were $350 apart, I told them I wanted to think it over, so I know I didn't leave much money on the table. And no I didn't use the Bobst method. They were both great to work with and will get a perfect CSI from me.

Thank you Edmunds folks.....I love that truck!!!
  • hpia4v2hpia4v2 Member Posts: 62
    Toyota will be lucky to be able to sell 150K unit per annum.
    I spec out a Limited double cab and come out with over 50K, ouch.
    Not sure if the web site is reliable, but some believe the price on this "backdoor" web site is not too far off.

Well, I'll see in two weeks to be sure. I want a real crew-cab anyway (which the site doesn't have).
    If GM starts coming out with rebate, I may have to start looking into it.
  • willy662willy662 Member Posts: 4
    White 06 Tundra V6 Access Cab SR5 $16,288 after 4K rebate. Manhattan Beach Toyota.
  • dreasdaddreasdad Member Posts: 276
    1,000 Rebate on 2007 Tundra's to Active Military Personnel
    from Gulf States Toyota!!!!!!
    3.9% for 36, 4.9% for 48, 5.9% for 60
  • phil60phil60 Member Posts: 1
    I'm interested in a truck such as this, but it seems the prices quoted here run everywhere from $20K to $30K.
    This price seems to be a real price in that is the final price, but I see there was a trade in.

What puzzles me is that the price seems rather high unless there was a rather high trade in allowance. What I'm trying to say, what would her price have been had they offered her the wholesale price for the 2004 Camry traded in? In other words, was it a good deal or not?
  • iqbaldhillon2iqbaldhillon2 Member Posts: 116
    I recently bought the all new 2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab w/ TRD off road, and the mighty 5.7 liter beast. The sticker MSRP was around 35K, but thanks to Edmunds and this forum, I got the truck for about 32K. Thank you Edmunds for helping me buy the all new Tundra for a great price. ;)
    With the 07 Ford F150 and Silveradoes (33k-ish)wholesaling about 11-12k from MSRP,and selling for 8-10k off MSRP , The 06 Tundra Double Cab wholesaling 10k off list 1st year and selling for 7500-8000 off MSRP, The 07 Honda Pilot and Ridgeline wholesaling 10k off list 1st year and selling for $6000 off MSRP, Similar for the Nissan Titan....

I would not want to be the first in with Toyota's 1st full size for 2500 or 3000 off sticker and assume it will disobey the law of gravity for this segment unless I had money to burn.

Once the initial demand or short supply dies off (4-6 months?) you have another full size with the 2 million Chevy and Ford also produce. You probably want about 8k-9k off this truck (if not more if its MSRP against similarly equipped vehicles is higher) like the others. This may be possible by July-August if not sooner. If the initial production is slow this may take a bit longer.

Could be wrong, but unless it is a super duper ground breaking truck it will probably wholesale 10-12k off list 1st year like the others, and will not move sufficiently without sizeable incentives.

Happy Hunting

--jjf
  • bugchuckerbugchucker Member Posts: 118
    I believe price paid for the new Tundra should be lower than 3k off MSRP but will never get to where the 2006 Tundras are now. Who would want a discontinued 2006 model after seeing a commercial for the 2007 Tundra?
    don't understand your post

what do you mean by wholesaling?

2006 tundra close out deals where never more tan 7,000 total
    discount, and you seeem to think the new one will soon be 10-12 off?
    Wholesale refers to what a used car goes for at auction or what a dealer may offer on trade in. I am using the consumer books (kbb.com, nada.com) etc. Sometimes these are optimistic.

I seem to think a new one will wholesale for around 10-12k off MSRP after the first year (15k mi) and will need to be discounted 6-8k new for the dealers to move them. (like every other vehicle in this segment/mpg range) It's unlikely the Tundra will be an exception. The numbers are probably higher for the super duper $50000 model.

If I could work a 9-10k off deal on a new Silverado (100k warranty) or F-150 it would be much preferable as there doesn't seem to be that much advantage to the Tundra. (although if it turns in a 44ft circle that is impressive) The reviewers at edmunds.com give it a good review but hardly are thrilled.

Happy Hunting
    --jjf

don't understand your post

what do you mean by wholesaling?

2006 tundra close out deals where never more tan 7,000 total
    discount, and you seeem to think the new one will soon be 10-12 off
  • gteegtee Member Posts: 179
    I think that you are right in your assessment of this segment. Wait until summer when gas prices hit $3.50 per gallon and then you will see demand for trucks go way down and discounts go way up. Many trucks were purchased as work trucks used in construction industry. We all know where new home construction is going. I would say the combination of high gas prices and weak housing market will greatly reduce the demand for trucks from all makes.

Last time I checked the Dodge dealers still had plenty of new 2006 on their lots. They were going for at least $12-$15K discount and nobody was buying. Is Toyota a better truck then Ford or Dodge? I think yes, but is it $10K better? I don't think so.

Just my thoughts on the subject.