Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Tundra Prices Paid

Comments

• rlaryrlary Member Posts: 18
    I have been driving toyota trucks for 15 years. My 08 tundra is not my favorite
    (tundra grade 5.7 short bed) but in the long haul, it is far better than ford or chevy.
    At 60k those ford and chevys start to turn into junk. That tundra will hold up.
    Yes, their is bed bounce, more than the others i'm told. Seems to be issues with tail gates, some 5.7's sound like diesel's (mine does, hate that) but all in all I would be hard pressed to lay down 25-30k on a ford, chevy or dodge. I have also read that a new, better set of tires greatly improves the bed bounce issues. Since toyota factory tires typically suck, their may be some truth to it. The deals on gas guzzling trucks are going to get better before they get worse. Shop around, drive the others, you'll see the difference.
  • aalsherriaalsherri Member Posts: 68
    I bought before 5 years a used 1997 Dodge Grand Caravan for $2000, Blue book price was $5000. I got a deal because it had a high mileage (157,000). After 5 years the mileage is over 200000. I had no problems with the engine or the transmission. All of you know that the quality of the F-150 is much better than the Dodge Grand Caravan. Most owners of the new F150 (2005 and after) had very few problems with them. The frame and the suspension system of the late models is much better than the new Tundra. The new 2009 style of the F-150 is more civilized and modern than the Tundra. I am not talking now about Chevy trucks or other Ford cars. I am talking about the F-150! I am convinced after reading a large number of articles, that the F-150 is the best refined truck available. With proper care, I expect F-150 trucks to serve over 200,000 miles with very few problems.
    I didn't give up the Tundra yet. I will wait for the Tundra 2009 model or 2010 to see whether Toyota address the problems with bouncing and frame weaknesses or not. However, I think the 2009 F-150 will beat the 2009 Tundra unless Toyota make a dramatic face lift.
    I am not really concerned about too much power as long as I have over 320 horses under the hood. I am concerned about longevity, performance, features, durability, style, etc.
    I agree with you completly. I will be looking very close at the new f150 and unless toyota steps up to the plate, I may make a change.
  • edub2edub2 Member Posts: 2
    Two quotes today:
    08 Tundra, SR5, TRD, double cab - $25624 with $5500 in rebates
    08 Tundra, SR5, TRD, crew max - $27600 with $5500 in rebates

Good deals?
    depends what msrp is..... Need more info.....
    If the difference between msrp and the price you got is only 5500.00 I would say not such a great deal....
  • edub2edub2 Member Posts: 2
    Dbl cap MSRP - $34,100 - offer is $25,600
    Crew max MSRP - $36,650 - offer is $27,600

Does it look good?
  • patrickdavispatrickdavis Member Posts: 1
    I am looking at a 2007 5.7 tundra SR-5, crewmax long bed 4x2, 24k miles, Can buy this truck for 15k. Is this a good deal?
  • nyaudinyaudi Member Posts: 25
    $31,800 MSRP for 4x4 dual cab 5.7 V8, tow pkg, sliding rear window, couple accessories

$28,800 after dealer discount

$3000 toyota rebate
    $1500 bonus cash
    $1500 business registration discount
    $2000 loyalty incentive as former Tacoma owner with frame rust trade-in

Net - $20,800 plus taxes/license
  • tundrabilltundrabill Member Posts: 2
    Model 8339 (4.7 L, DBL Cab, 4x4)
    Tow package
    Chrome bumbers
    Bedliner
    Carpets, etc

MSRP 31k

Dealer offered: 19,260 + Admin Fees ($300)
    Includes: Commercial cash, rebates in lieu of 0.0 financing
  • rchawkeyesrchawkeyes Member Posts: 4
    Crew Max 5.7 TRD Package. Sticker was 37,890. Got it for 26500 with Rebates and dealer wanting to move them. Its a great truck. :shades:
  • ocautoseekerocautoseeker Member Posts: 425
    Where did you get this deal?
  • indiomonkindiomonk Member Posts: 28
    Great deal, could you post the details? Did u get the 5k rebate plus other rebates? Was this an 08? Any options? My dad is looking at buying one here in Texas.

Thanks,
    Zach
  • tundrabilltundrabill Member Posts: 2
    Here are the details on mine

This was in Maine. Brand new 2008 4.7 L Double Cab 4x4 with
    Cold Weather package
    Towing Package
    Bedliner
    Heated outside mirrors
    Back sliding window

MSRP: $30, 470

2000 Custom standard Rebate

3000 Rebate in lieu of 0% financing (I got 4.45% though for 60 Months from Toyota Credit)

2000 Commerical Cash Rebate (Need to own a Business - self proprietor is fine!)

Dealer offered less than invoice price (They gave me their holdback of 700+)

Total price: $19,260 + tax, title, and admin fee (Admin fee = $295)

Note that I did check several dealers (Not all would entertain a quote below 20K) and negotiated the deal on the last day of the month of july
    Great Details on a great deal.

What my father will be aiming for is 8k off. If he had his own business he would be able to go for 10k off MSRP.

Down here in TX they have 5k Toyota rebate so he should be able to get them to kick in another 2k to 3k off.

He is looking for a 5.7 SR5 Double Cab 4x4 standard bed.

Thanks!
    Zach
    Don't leave the business deal on the table... cost me $25 to file a DBA form at my county clerk; give yourself a tax ID number for free at irs.gov, and have your insurance card say "your name d.b.a. your business." That's all you need. And if you never do business, you never do anything else. No change in insurance rating, etc.

I'm officially a "farmer."
  • kevmelkevmel Member Posts: 4
    Thanks! I've always wanted to own my own business. I know you're a farmer, but I thought you might know if this poses any complications regarding insurance coverage or financing?

Thanks again & happy farming!
    Financing could be an issue - I was paying cash so didn't have to worry about that. But if you call yourself a sole proprietor, which I recommend, then I'm not sure it would be any problem - you're going to personally sign to guarantee the loan anyway.

For insurance, I just had my personal policy updated to say "My Name d.b.a. My Farm Name." They said that as long as my business use was < 20%, then no impact to rate, but you should definitely check on that with your agency.

The funny thing is that since getting my Tundra, we have purchased some chickens - so does that now make us real farmers? :-)
  • kevmelkevmel Member Posts: 4
    :) Thanks! I've obtained my EIN from the IRS and registered as a sole proprietor, so I should be okay with that as far as financing and insurance go. I will be applying for my DBA cert this week; I understand the building inspector needs to approve my application (shouldn't be a problem). After that, it's off to the races! Now all I need to decide is whether to do a deal with the current incentive program or wait to see what happens after they expire. I'm trying to not be too greedy, but every bit helps in this economy. - I appreciate your help on this!!!
  • harleysharleys Member Posts: 10
    I am rushing to put together a deal before the Sept 2 incentives run out.
    I am looking for a SR5 Double Cab 4x4 Regular Bed. Not much added but I want
    tow mirrors and tow package (part of SR5 package?). There is $4,000 cash plus
    the business rebate which I don't see listed on the Toyota site. Is it $1500 or $2000 on top of the other rebates?
    Should this truck cost $24K or can I get it for less, in reality.
    (I bought a 2000 Tundra in 1999 and I paid invoice, no incentives and that was
    $29K plus a little, so I can't resist getting a much better truck for a bunch less than
    9 years ago). I found I need more towing than the older model.

Thanks for pricing help.
    My Dad is buying right now as we speak a used certified 2007 Tundra TRD 4x4 5.7 double cab 38 miles. The Toyota Dealer in Arlington TX said they purchased a lot of over stock from California. I looked at CARFAX and that seems to be the case.

He looked at a 08 truck with the same options and the sticker was 36k minus the 5k rebate and minus an extra 3k off his price would have been 28k.

He feels good that with the 7 yr 100k warranty that this certified truck was a better value at 24,500. plus TT&L.

Thought I would share. Thanks for the great info!

zach
    Double Cab SR5, 4x4, 5.7Litre, regular bed.
    Plus tow mirrors, alarm, bed tie downs and backseat storage box?

The Edmunds TMV less current rebates is 24,500.
  • pokeymompokeymom Member Posts: 1
    I live in Calif. and have been going on line for months looking for just the right 2007.
    I found it at Vandergriff Toyota in Arlington, Texas. The 2007 DBL cab, 4x2, 5.7eng.
    Limited with Nav, camera and all the goodies was $26K out to door (except Cal.tax). Truck has 65 miles and I got the 7yr/100K warrenty included. Looking at the prices listed all over the country, just let me say don't hesitate to negotiate!
    Before being shipped, I had them install the wood dash kit and they gave a very fair price below msrp. Shop around, throw out your best price and let the dealer earn your business.
    Basically, I don't deal with a final number. The last four cars I bought, I just
    offered so much over or under invoice, depending on how hot the car was at the time.
    I bought two VW just by calling around and asking for invoice. It keeps things simple.
    Then once you get that settled, you can pick and choose from Trucks available.
    So far on my Tundra, I have gotten starting offer of Invoice plus $275 from my
    usual dealer. That was via an email.
    So using invoice as a point. What are people getting now. I will be using
    the full $5500 in rebates available after that is settled.
    I was hoping for $500 under invoice. I would accept that deal.
    (I will be getting a SR5 4x4 Dbl Cab regular bed).
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    Why not deal with the final number since we all pay an OTD price? Never make the offer... just compare apples to apples and go with the best OTD price... plain and simple.
    The reason I use Invoice minus(or plus) is that each car is equipped a little different
    and I just agree to pay a price relative to invoice, then I can pick and choose
    from what is available. You pay dealer invoice for the car and all options plus or minus your premium or discount. Otherwise you have to pick one particular car.
    For example I called a few dealers, told them I would buy a Tundra for Invoice -$500 and wait for them to decide if they want to sell for that. Then I see if they have what I want in stock or available.
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    Well I understand what you are saying however you are not comparing apples to apples.
    I figure it is the only way to compare apples to apples as each car might be a little
    different in extra equipment. The apple is the discount given that each will vary. I want a truck as close to what I want at fixed discount.
    If one has a better stereo than I want, at least I am only paying invoice for it.
    The more numbers the dealer gets to play with, the more confusing it is for the buyer.
    I am totally happy negotiating a fixed price relative to invoice.
  • bravelybravely Member Posts: 8
    Hi nyaudi--
    We are looking at the same truck, orange county, ny. Can you lmk the dealer you went with? You got a great deal IMO. Just starting my research, late in the game, it seems, for August. Are all these rebates still applicable? Thanks!!
    I picked up a new truck last night for $500 (before $5500 in rebates) under invoice. There are plenty of trucks out there still and you can probably do better still as every dealer I called said no problem to that discount, however they claim Toyota is trying to dry up the supply so they don't have to have such high rebates and can bring out their 2009. I had to get some things I did not want as their were none with the bare minimum of items I wanted. I used Edmonds.com for my guide on invoice price.
    However, you cannot find the car you build online. I had to take a few more options
    like the Back Up Camera, which I am totally glad I got.
    I ended up spending about $2,000 more than I went in to spend, but still
    about $4,000 less than my 2000 Tundra was when I bought it in 1999.
    To get the $1500 Business Owner rebate, you must register in business name and get business financing from Toyota, which is 1% higher. However, I usually pay my cars off in 3 months or so, once I sell my older car and move some money around to cover.
  • teflonmanteflonman Member Posts: 1
    nyaudi,

I just bought a Tundra last night with the business rebate. I have a d.b.a as well. So does your actual vehicle title say the d.b.a name with your name as the co-owner? I just want to get clear on what exactly the insurance card has to say..... Thanks for your help!
    The title will have the business name and your name. Just let your insurer know so that you are not in violation of exclusions on your policy.
    My insurer, (allstate) has told me that I may have to have a business policy for the vehicle if it is in my business name (I am a sole proprietor with no employees) and that that policy can cost at least THREE times what a regular policy costs, which would be a major cost beyond the rebate.
    To answer a few questions - no idea what Sep rebates are - but I'd expect with oil falling and supply dwindling as the factories have been closed, these rebates will start to fade. The one thing working in your favor is a 2008 is really a used car at this point by model year terms, so that should help. Our dealer was in Kingston. Not sure I can post name, but you can figure it out.

As for the business discount, yes, it will show your DBA on the title, registration and the insurance card must match your DBA name precisely. But for a sole proprietorship, there is no extra paperwork or hassle. If you do this, you want to tell your insurance this is something like a 10% part time business. Our insurer had no issues with this - they said 20% was their limit. (I told them exactly what I was doing in terms of scoring an extra discount - they enjoyed the story...) And call it something that has you driving only around your own house - like a farm. I'm not surprised Allstate would try to make some more money off it - they are overpriced to start with IMHO :-)

Finally, check Mass. prices. Had we gone there, we may have saved another $1K based on what I saw online, but not sure they will sell to NY resident and provide the Mass. rebates. Good luck and let us know how you make out!
  • tcracertcracer Member Posts: 1
    I am considering purchasing a new Tundra. I want a crew max 4x4, w/TRD package, tow mirrors, bed tie down package, and daytime running lights. I also want to keep the 0%. What is a good price for this truck? Whis is invoice on this model?
  • spyguy1022spyguy1022 Member Posts: 4
    I am curious as to why there is not a lot of activity on this board? Seems like there is a lot of on some of the other boards I am watching.

Anyway, I am looking to buy a Tundra this week. 4X4 TRD Double Cab. It also has Running lights, brushed steel stepboard, remote start, alloy wheel locks and all weather mats. I don't want the 0% financing and I know that after the Labor Day holiday they took away $1K of the $5K rebate. The dealer told me he would sell at $500 over invoice plus the $4K rebate. I am not sure if that is a good deal. I don't feel I can claim the business rebate and quite frankly don't want the hassle (yes I know it is $1,500K but I just got audited by the IRS this year and am squeamish).

Curious as to what you all are seeing. Thanks!
    I got the rebate, but I do have a state business license (easy to get) which is required even if you have just hobby income. The IRS does not have any idea that you to a rebate on a truck. The dealer just needs your state biz license number.
    ALSO... do not pay more than Invoice minus $500. I had more than
    one dealer taking that offer by phone so I am sure it could have gone lower, but
    I was reaching the labor day deadline.
    Ask your insurer about the business registration. You will be registering car in
    business name. If you use your own name, no big deal. I have Allstate and they just
    wanted to make sure I was not going to be having employees drive, which I don't.
    We are a one person farm business.
  • acemkacemk Member Posts: 6
    Hi! I'm new to this forum and in the market to buy tundra. The best price I can find so far is......

"You are looking at a black Crewcab 4x4 Limited with navigation with a MSRP of over $47,000 for $38,485 plus taxes, tags and $100 processing fee. If you qualify you can get another $1500 off of the $38. Give me a call to discuss this truck."

What u guy think?? Oh, I'm in northern Va. Thanks....
    It is only good if you are paying under Invoice by at least $500 not counting any
    rebates. Figure in your rebates after you agree to a price relative to invoice.
    That way, if the truck you find from them or through a locate has different
    equipment, you price is still set. You don't get a bait and switch etc.
    I have bought 4 Toyota's this way, on the phone and it is the easiest way.
    There are some that got better deals than me, but I got my for invoice minus $500
    and then received 5500.00 in rebates (1,000 in rebate ended Sept 2).
    It sounds like your price quote is around invoice, but use the Edmonds pricing.
  • dchon1028dchon1028 Member Posts: 1
    Bought 5.7L Grade 4x2 Cremax with the following add-ons. Tow package,Steel wheels,Fog lights,Day light,Tow mirrors,Preferred package. MSRP 30,800 go it for 24,750 Out the door. Took advantage of the rebate(4,500 in CA).

Tried 4 other dealership in the bay area but non would touch this deal.
    What do you guys think?
  • dreamscapesdreamscapes Member Posts: 1
    At the advice of this forum, purchased MY Tundra last night, 9/23, from Ron Carter Toyota in Alvin, Tx (suburb of Houston) for nearly 13,000 below MSRP. Had em backed against the ropes with 11000 below Sticker but while waiting in their customer lounge with free internet, I peeped into this forum and found out about the additional rebate of 2K for flashing my DBA. While in with the "Business Manager", I hit em with the knockout blow by mentioning the Business Solutions Rebate. I then had to redo the credit ap showing my business as the buyer and myself as the guarantor (co-borrower) and BAM / VOILLA, another 2grand was taken off!!!! MSRP for my truck was $38,976 and I drove out paying 26,000+TTL

specs- SILVER W/BLACK INTERIOR. (RARE FOR THE SOUTH AND THE PERFECT TRUCK FOR A RAIDERS FAN) Crewmax WITH SLIDING REAR WINDOW, 5.7 LTR ENGINE,6SPD AUTOMATIC , TRACTION CTRL, FOGLIGHTS, MATS, RUNNIG BOARDS, DAY LAMPS, HEATED MIRRORS, EJ - JBL SYSTEM, BLUETOOTH, EXTRA MILE OPTION PKG B, XM SATELLITE, OF - TRD OFFROAD PKG, P4 - VEHICLE SHIELD PKG, FE - 50STATES EMISSIONS, BARELY LEGAL WINDOW TINT AND A FULL TANK OF GAS.
  • blckislandguyblckislandguy Member Posts: 1,150
    Toyota continues to amaze me. Unlike every other manufacturer, they insert a "distributor" between the dealer and the factory. This adds cost and hassle to the transaction. All the local dealer can sell is what the "distributor" orders from Toyota. In the Northeast the distributor pushes 4X4 trucks.

Case in point: I'd like to buy 5 two wheel drive standard cab Tundras with the 5.7 engine and 8' box for my company. No can do. The distributor for New England doesn't order them like this, preferring to push 4X4.. Sorry guys. I'd like my spec, not yours. I figure that a Tundra if specced like that would have all the capability and durability of a 3/4 ton pickup (the payload is over 2000 pounds). As a fleet buyer we don't want 4X4. This is nuts.
  • rambler16rambler16 Member Posts: 6
    In july 2008

Purchased 08 Tundra SR5 MSRP was $31,602. Riverside, CA Toyota took $11,000 off of the MSRP and gave me 4.55% financing for 60 months. There were a few dealers in S. CA that were advertising this $11,000 reduction. Riverside was not one of them, but they did match the price. Quality Toyota 10 miles down the road in Corona laughed at me a stated " Its all a game. They won't sell it for that price". Obviously, they were wrong.
    !!
    5.7? Crew Cab or Double cab? Any other options like TRD or 4x4?

Thanks!
  • chutistchutist Member Posts: 33
    I've heard the same story... "They won't do that"...I had the internet guys from a Dealer in Bakersfield, Ca called me dishonest.... Then I emailed them the quote from the other dealer - Sierra in Lancaster, Ca. All of the sudden a different sales guy from the Bakersfield dealer started email me....

Right now I'm finding $500 below invoice plus the rebate on anything at any of the dealerships. I've got one at 1,000 below invoice - Las Vegas. I'll see if the local guys will match it. Vegas's region has less rebate so the net is about the same either way right now. But if I can work another 500 out of them before I buy, I will! :)

At this point I'm tempted to just sit out and wait until the incentives go up. ;) ( I get a good deal on a rental.... :shades: )

As I remember November was about peak last year...should be this year. Sales down and the '09's out.
  • kitkat14kitkat14 Member Posts: 16
    Looking for a 4x4, double cab, 4.7, other options flexible - any suggestions or experiences with James Toyota? Should I look for $500 under invoice plus cash back?
  • closenoughclosenough Member Posts: 31
    I purchased from James a few months back. A very good transaction; great price, service, and best of all no games. I solicited prices from many of the 50+ dealers in the within 75 miles and James was best. You can see my earlier posts about the price I paid. Good luck!
  • chutistchutist Member Posts: 33
    In California that would be an EASY deal to make...

You might get 1000 off invoice and the rebate. I'd tell'm you'll buy right now for 1000 under and the cash back. If they say "no", leave your phone number and tell'm you're going to another dealer...and another... and see who wants to sell a truck.

I bet you don't make it off the lot. :)
  • rambler16rambler16 Member Posts: 6
    It was an SR5 Double Cab with the 5.7 and tow package. No 4X4 or TRD package
    U got one Hell of a deal.

Thanks for the info
  • crashtcscrashtcs Member Posts: 1
    or should I try harder?

2008 DCAB SR5 5.7
    Retail Dealer Total
    Vehicle Base Model..........................$ 31160.00 $ 27264.00 $ 31160.00
    Total Accessories ...........................: $ 1583.00 $ 1274.00 $ 1538.00
    Destination Charge ..........................: $ 685.00 $ 685.00
    TDA .........................................: $ 570.00
    Gasoline ....................................: $ 10.00
    Dealer Holdback .............................: $ 623.00
    Whsl. Financial Reserve .....................: $ 311.00
    --------- ---------
    Total .......................................: $ 30693.00 $ 33428.00

Phoenix, AZ
    Initial negotiations ended up with $1000 below invoice, and a $2000 incentive == 27693 + fees + taxes + title == 30902.30

The "buy it today" negotiations ended up better, but I am a little confused (go figure) -- it is either $1500 under invoice, or $1500 less than the $27693. I didn't get the "but it today" agreement on paper, but recall the monthly payment quote for the 0% deal under $500/month, which leads me to me to conclude that it I was offered $2500 under invoice, in addition the to the $2k incentive (no negotiations on the holdback and reserve).

I've only contacted one dealer so far (which is conveniently a mile away from home).

Thx.