Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Tundra Prices Paid

Comments

• chutistchutist Member Posts: 33
    The only way to know is to shop it... Pretty easy to do these days with every dealer having an "internet" sales department.

I'd send out some email asking for a quote and when they reply tell'm about your deal and ask if they can beat it for the sale... When I was shopping the "first round" of prices wasn't real good but the second round went from 500 under to 1500 under pretty quick. That was about it here in California... 1500 under invoice plus the rebate on just about any Crew Max I looked at SR5 and Limited. :shades:
  • kitkat14kitkat14 Member Posts: 16
    I am hoping someone out there can give some advice. We picked up our brand new Tundra SR5 this weekend only to climb up on the bed on Sunday and discover the roof full of chips and dents (like something that would happen in a hail storm). We are returning the vehicle today to the dealership and I want to be prepared. Has anyone ever had this experience? What are my rights? Is there a 72 hour return policy/law in New Jersey? I appreciate any comments.
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    "What are my rights?"

None pertaiing to this.

"Is there a 72 hour return policy/law in New Jersey?"

Yes however it does not pertain to automobiles (new or used).

The car is yours however they may fix it.
  • bdo027bdo027 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone here have an experience dealing with Longo Toyota in LA? I'm looking to get a Crewmax 4x4 Limited. I have seen a lot of people posting prices on the SR5's and 4x2 models but was curious how much people are getting the Limited 4x4's for?

Thanks
    Longo has lots of stock but they are not really good on price.... UNLESS you have a quote from somewhere else for them to beat.

Use Edmunds to get email quotes! ;)

I was looking for a CrewMax 4x4 as well. You CAN GET $1500 under invoice. So book it out on edmunds.com. Take that "invoice" amount and deduct $1500...You should be able to get that price AND...yes AND the 4K rebate they have right now in SoCal on Limiteds. Valley Hi Toyota in Victorville was VERY agressive on pricing, check their online inventory and if they have what you want...I bet you could make that deal with a couple of emails.

If you don't find what you want in SoCal, the SF Bay area dealers are FAT in trucks right now and they will pick you up at the airport! Rebate is only 3K right now up there. Putnam Toyota up there was $1500 behind invoice PLUS the 3K rebate.

They are dying to make a deal right now, don't let any of them tell you any different. Find the truck you like and use the internet department. You'll make that deal easy. ;)

Good hunting. :)
  • jkrn2003jkrn2003 Member Posts: 26
    Anybody got good deals in or around Houston, Texas?

I was looking for 2WD Double Cab SR5 and the MSRP was 31,231. They offered me 24,554 which is 6,677 off MSRP (After the $4,000 cashback for SR5 in Texas)
    Is this a good deal or do I need to try to take few hundred more off?

Thanks.
    You might have some room left there! ;)

You need to book it out on edmunds....what's invoice? "Good deals" are 1,000 to 1500 below invoice PLUS the rebate. When you book it out hit the link for "free quotes" and let the dealers email you the best price! IMHO - you never get the best deal standing in the show room. ;) If you are NOT THERE they have to compete on price to get you to come in! :shades:

Toyota doesn't have 4K on SR5 and 6K on Limited's in Texas because a a "shortage"! LOL!!! :D

Good hunting! :)
  • jkrn2003jkrn2003 Member Posts: 26
    All those options that are already added on makes it hard to calculate the invoice prices. There are options that edmunds doesn't list.

There is 4000 rebate on SR5 and 5000 on Limited in Texas...
  • ferris11jbferris11jb Member Posts: 1
    I'm thinking about buying a new Tundra in NJ - Kitkat, could you please let me know which dealer sold you that damaged tundra so that I don't deal with them? That's flat out unethical - if they knew that the car was damaged, they should have either fixed it or given you a discount and made it fully clear.
    I wouldn't want to deal with them

Thanks
  • mnardo72mnardo72 Member Posts: 5
    Looking for a dealer near Philadelphia offering the 0% financing... any help.

Also, I have 8 months left on my Mazda CX-9 lease. Does anyone know if the dealer will take over the lease or is this too much time... should i just wait until next summer to buy/lease the Tundra????

thanks in advance...
  • GolddustGolddust Member Posts: 1
    Do a google search on "Tundra bed bounce" or Tundra harmonic vibration. Please watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U6KmwB2LyY

You will be shaken HARD by certain sections of road.

I've owned my 2008 Tundra double cab 5.7l 4WD for a little over 24 hours. I drove it 1100 miles to get it home. All I can say is that Toyota has one royal screw up on their hands. I would never, never have purchased the truck had I known of this issue. I did test drive a 2008 crew max 5.7l 4WD with 7000 miles on it at the dealer. The salesman told me the shake was a "low tire". This [non-permissible content removed] needs to stop immediately. Toyota needs to make a full disclosure on this issue now and stop ALL Tundra sales unless full disclosure is made.
  • rottierookrottierook Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking for a (03 and up) Tundra crew cab I have $9,000 cash to spend not looking for any salvage titles.

You guys know anybody selling there's for this price
  • chuck1chuck1 Member Posts: 1,405
    This is not bed bounce. It's a vibration that other Tundras do not seem to exhibit. Toyota builds the Tundra with an amount of "body flex" which is good or bad depending on your outlook. The flex in the body allows for a smoother ride.

There is something wrong with the truck in the video but this IS NOT a wide spread problem.
  • arkdarklesonarkdarkleson Member Posts: 7
    Hello all.
    Got a quote for $24,035 + tax/tags on an new 08 double cab 4x4 grade with the 5.7. Sticker was $31,950. Thinking about doing it. Any thoughts?
  • car25car25 Member Posts: 7
    Paid in March 2008 for a 2008 Tundra 5.7 Double Cab 4x4 with a MSRP of
    31371 a price of 25549 in Eastern Pennsylvania.

2 dealers matched online pricing of Fitzmall . Could have gotten it cheaper but
    would have to pick it up in S-Carolina.

Great car, but make sure you get a fat discount from your dealer
  • car25car25 Member Posts: 7
    09´s coming out any day - so you´d take a bit hit in depreciation right away - I´d lowball them around 20.000, make them wait if you can and see what they come back with.

You might be better off offering 24-25k for a 2009 model. Toyota sales numbers
    are very bad - so they are very desperate to sell !
  • albamarlealbamarle Member Posts: 23
    there is 200% mark up on the TOYOTA TUNDRA ???
    this is SR4 or LIMITED with what options? where geographically speaking?
    Toyota to Post $1.7 Billion Loss
    That’s right. The gold standard of manufacturing is not exempt from the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression. In November, Toyota’s sales dropped 34%. GM’s sales were down 41%. People aren’t buying cars or much of anything right now. The value of the yen has risen 25% since summer, which makes autos significantly more expensive overseas (or the losses even bigger).
    But let’s take a look at the rest of the story. It is Toyota’s first financial loss in 70 Years. In 2007, Toyota posted $28 billion in operating profit. They have $18.5 billion in cash with relatively little debt. Have they lain off any employees? No. Have they cut back production and delayed new plant openings? Of course. So what are the employees doing? Training, maintenance, cleaning, problem-solving, and doing jobs that had been outsourced. Even in downturns, Toyota continues to invest in its people, plant and equipment.
    Will Toyota abandon Lean? Absolutely not. Why would anyone abandon an improvement system that saved the company after WWII and has given them a significant competitive advantage since the 50’s? It is what makes Toyota the gold standard.
  • RufisTFireflyRufisTFirefly Member Posts: 2
    I bought a 2008 Tundra Double Cab Limited 4X4.
    Color Black
    Interior Biege
    Additional Equipment Included:
    Brushed Stainless Steel Step Boards
    Bedliner
    TRD Off Road Package
    Floor Mats and 4 Piece Sill Protector.
    Sticker Price: 40,737.00
    Dealer invoice Price 36,303.00 and 1750,00 Rebate
    Paid 34,000.00 Plus 298.00 Documentary Preparation Fee (which I'm sure is kinda BS) and 150.00 Registration fee (I'm from NY and Bought the truck in MA and had to pay another company to register the truck for me.)
    Grand Total Paid 34,448.00 plus tax. with 0% financing for 5 years.
    1855.00 underdealer invoice.
    No dealership in New York would come close to this price and my local dealer got extremely annoyed when I asked him if he could come close to this price. He just about accused me of lying to him and said "If you can get that truck for that price, I would run up there and get it." I took his advice and that's just what I did.

I bought the truck in MA, because the dealer was offering a 1750.00 rebate and 0% Financing, that wasn't available in New York. In New York you can get 0% financing or a 3000.00 rebate but not both.

I did all the negotiations over the internet and it made the process much easier. Hope this post helps someone out there get a good deal.
    http://www.realcartips.com/2008-Toyota-Tundra-Prices/330.html

2008 Toyota Tundra Crew Max 4X4 SR5 5.7L
    Price Details:
    MSRP: $36,335
    Invoice Price: $33,540
    Actual Price Paid:

(Including Rebate) $28,500
    Rebate: None
    Amount Saved: $7,835
    Savings as % of MSRP: 21.56%

Purchase Date: Jan 20, 2008
    Dealership: Holley Toyota
    Satisfaction:
  • hotdealsniperhotdealsniper Member Posts: 6
    Crew Max with Navigation, rear backup camera, TRD off road Package, Sliding Moonroof, Bedliner.

MSRP
    $41,500

Paid
    $35,995 with NO dealer fee.

Also got 7yr/100,000 mile warranty Toyota Platinum 0 deductible for $990.00
  • binny1binny1 Member Posts: 2
    Who was the dealer that sold you the 7 year warranty for $990? I've been looking into that and $1050 was the lowest I've been able to find on other forums. Not sure if it would be worth it or not with putting limited miles on. It's my understanding that you can buy the Toyota warranty from any dealer in the country.

On another note, in January I was able to get an 08 DC SR5 MSRP w options of 34200 for 27700 OTD. (including 5.5% sales tax plus title) I know it's a couple months ago, but I thought I would chime in. We had a $5000 rebate at the time here.
  • binny1binny1 Member Posts: 2
    I should also add that the dealer I bought from offered me the same platinum warranty for $1800 at the time of purchase. Crooks.
  • mainer0607mainer0607 Member Posts: 4
    Lots of good information on this post - thanks to all who have contributed.

I'm looking to pull the trigger on my first truck, have test drove all of the major competitition, and the Tundra seems like the clear choice. I just don't want to take a bath on the deal.

Essentially, I'm looking for an '09 SR5 Double Cab, standard bed, 5.7L 4x4 with fog lights, bedliner with deckrails, stainless steel steps and sliding windows. Has anyone purchased something similar recently? When you're talking about a truck that stickers at around $34,500, it would seem as though there is some room to move, particularly in this economy.

Any help is much appreciated.
  • mitcheldmitcheld Member Posts: 12
    Purchased in Maryland, last Saturday:

Sticker/MSRP: 34,400
    Invoice: 31,500
    Negotiated Price: 29550
    Rebate: 4500
    OTD plus T&T: 25050
  • bornoborno Member Posts: 77
    that's a great deal on a leftover 08. I'm trying to decide between the Tundra and a Ridgeline. The Tundra is just so BIG and still more truck/money than I need. Anybody else going back and forth between these two?
  • ocautoseekerocautoseeker Member Posts: 425
    The Ridgeline is a very versatile "vehicle" but I think it's hard to compare to the Tundra given it's not a full-size truck. Hopefully you're not looking to get a V-6 in the Toyota, as that would be a waste. You'd be better off looking at at a Tacoma, which specs-wise is closer to the Honda. Just my 2 cents.
    SBornstein - funny you ask that question. I happened to be checking out SUV's and had gone into a Nissan/Honda dealership. After test driving the Xterra, the salesman showed me the Ridgeline and being a current Honda owner, I appreciated the looks but also knew quality/durability would be there.

That's what started me looking at trucks and I've since decided I'm going with the open bed vs. SUV. After having test drove the Tundra, there really is no comparison between the two - it's the Tundra for me. Considerably more power for neglible difference in fuel economy and most importantly more ground clearance and capacity to haul gear. However, this is what suits my needs and outdoor pursuits.

Sounds as though you need to decide what works for you. From your comment it wouldn't appear as though you really need a heavier truck for towing/hauling/etc. If it's primarily a commuter vehicle you're looking for with the occasion small run to the dump/transfer station or Home Depot, the Ridgeline should suffice - you'll save some money at time of purchase and each year when it comes time to register the vehicle.

The double cab Tacoma may also work for you - this is more comparable to the Ridgeline yet you get a longer bed and more ground clearance (if important to you). The only thing I felt in my test drive of this vehicle is that it did not have as smooth of a ride as either the Ridgeline or Tundra - and you'd lose that in bed watertight storage (great feature).

The beauty of looking at both of these vehicle lines, you know each of them will hold value. Good luck!
  • bornoborno Member Posts: 77
    You've hit the nail on the head. I agree, Tundra and Ridgeline is like apples and oranges. I do have a 5,750Lbs. boat to move occasionally, but wouldn't want to drive the Tundra year round for the few times I need to move the boat. I'm at a camp ground where moorings are lotteried off each year. If I don't get a mooring, I'd have to trailer the boat a short distance, even though the ridgeline maxs out at 5K towing, I could cheat a little. I also moved towards the open bed, over a suv for the obvious reasons.

The Tacoma is nice, but doesn't ride nearly as well as the Honda, and they stepped up the features on the '09 honda with blue tooth, rear camera, etc. May wait a year to see if they redesign the Honda, rumor has a new 8 cylinder coming.

Thanks for the feedback.
  • swampfox28swampfox28 Member Posts: 17
    Seems like all the auto makers would be taking a hit right now with the current economic climate, but I've had no luck with what Edmunds SAYS we should get for our trade-in as well as the "what others are paying" price.

We gave up on trying to get another Honda Odyssey for what we "should" be able to get it for; the dealership just can't get within $2000 of the price they should/could.

My dad is trying to get an '09 Tundra, SR5 with tow mirrors (which almost no one seems to have in our area). He wants the 5.7 engine, but doesn't care about alloy wheels, navigation, etc. He would like fog lights, daytime running lights, a bedliner, and the other (I think) basics on the SR5.

Edmunds says we should be able to get it for 28,000-ish factoring in the 3500 incentive (around 32,000 MSRP), and also get 9,000 for his '02 Tundra with only 41000 miles on it as a trade-in.

He was offered 6000 for his trade in (mind you, no major blemishes - only one VERY minor ding on the side near the tirewell in the back), low mileage, and no other problems whatsoever. They said they "could go up to 7000" (like they're doing him any favors). Even with the tax advantage of trading it in, I'm telling him to just sell it privately; he'll get WAY more.

My question is: how low SHOULD we be able to get this '09 truck? It seems like 27-28000 would be reasonable; all we're getting is closer to 29000... We live in southern LA, but can go as far as Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Opelousas, or even Houston if need be. Any advice? THANKS!

-Sarah
  • ocautoseekerocautoseeker Member Posts: 425
    Hi Sarah!

A couple of things:

4x4? Double Cab or Crew Max?

If you can get me a VIN # of a particular truck that you're looking at, I can pull the invoice and tell you the exact numbers. There is not a whole bunch of front end profit on these trucks.

I used to tell people to throw the Edmund's TMV out the window (no offense Edmund's), but within the past year or so, they have gotten much more accurate. There is only about $2500-$3000 between MSRP and dealer Invoice on these trucks, so depending upon the amount of rebates in your area will dictate your net savings. For example, on a $32k truck, if the dealer decided to sell it AT invoice, it would probably have a selling price around $29k or so. Add in tax and gov't fees, then subtract your rebate and you'll have an otd cost. But, if you're simply looking at a "net" discount as Edmund's so uses, you'll see a price (TMV), usually right around invoice less the rebate. So, let's just say that they sold you that $32k truck for $29k and their was a $3500 rebate, Edmund's would show you a "net" price of $25.5k. ($6500 off MSRP).

Toyota has an advertising fee tacked on to their invoices which Edmund's does not reflect and is prolly close to $300 on one of these trucks. Then, they also have a holdback of 2% of the total MSRP less destination (prolly around $600-$700). Finally, they have a a 1% flooring fee called Wholesale Financial Reserve ($300-$350). All these charges are itemized on the invoice and all can be negotiated, although dealers don't like dipping into these unless they need too.

Getting me the VIN would be the easiest, but if you know the total MSRP including all options and destination charge, I can give you a pretty close estimate of how much they're into the truck for.

As for the economy, Toyota realized this and cut production and many dealers drastically reduced their inventories, so the supply is just not out there right now. When inventory is not distressed, there is no reason to blow a vehicle out.
    Sarah, I'd urge you to look at the 2008 Tundras still on the lots all over the country. If you're a person who keeps a car 4 or more years, then the depreciation issue does not matter. I bought an '08 three weeks ago for 25,050 plus T&T as follows (numbers rounded to nearest $10):

2008 Tundra Double Cab 4x4 SR5 5.7L
    Sticker/MSRP: 34,400
    Invoice: 31,500
    Negotiated Price: 29550
    Rebate: 4500
    OTD plus T&T: 25050

Swampfox is correct that the "Invoice" isn't what the dealer really pays. There is exactly $1,500 in various dealer incentives that are included in that price but not paid by the dealer, so the dealer actually paid 30,000. And then he's paying interest every month to keep that car on his lot, probably about $150/month. You'll see I got the car for $450 LESS than he paid for it, even accounting for the various dealer incentives, and then took another 4500 off that with the rebate (which is bigger on the 08s than the 09s, because they need to move them).

Good luck.
  • indiomonkindiomonk Member Posts: 28
    Gulf States MSRP 42,804.00
    Dealer MSRP 44,191.95
    What they added to the MSRP.
    295 tint
    298 tire safe
    695 bed liner
    99.95 wheel locks
    plus life tiime free oil changes.No Charge
    Price Paid 32,900 at 5.09 interest. for 60months.

This was the LAST one on the lot. Rebate was 4,500 from toyota.
    My price was 32,900 plus Tax Title and License.
    Purchased in Dallas Texas Area on Saturday May 3rd. I mean May 2nd.
  • bman8bman8 Member Posts: 3
    Picked up my nautical blue bad boy last night, $30,200 with TRD and JBL packages. Its a 5,500lb sports car with 10" of ground clearance. 380 horses.....STAAMPEEEDE! ;)
  • bman8bman8 Member Posts: 3
    yea that too
  • tructruc Member Posts: 4
    I live in the DFW area and just decided to start some research on the Tundra. I am looking for a CrewMax 5.7 SR5 truck. It seems that you got a really good deal. I trying to get the truck for $28000.
  • aikidriveraikidriver Member Posts: 2
    That's a great deal. I've been looking at a couple of the remaining 2008's that are very similar to this, MSRP just over $44K; one dealer wouldn't go below $35,950 plus tax/title. We'll see whether the other will come near your deal... last one on their lot in both cases...
    Renee Isip Toyota of Lewisville. Toyota of Lewisville really worked with me, and I am really happy with my truck.
  • lstorylstory Member Posts: 1
    Help. I priced a 2009 SR5 4x4 Tundra exta cab 5.7 Flex fuel today at $29,564 (before 4% sales tax). This seems high. VIN is 5TFBW54159X093786. They told me no rebates on 2009 models yet. Their list price was $34,970 on this truck.

I live in Alabama. Any help appreciated.
    lstory - In the Northeast, there have been rebates on the '09's since January. However, the '08 inventory may be much thinner here. If that is the case, and there are plenty of new '08's to choose from, you should be able to save a good chunk not only on purchase price, but also with registration and insurance with an '08 model.

Currently they're running $3000 back on the '09's in the Northeast. If you go to buyatoyota.com and enter your zip code, you'll find manufacturer's incentives for your area.

If you have that price for the larger engine SR5 without a rebate, you have a pretty good price thusfar - at least for the New England area.

Good luck.
  • cjaspycjaspy Member Posts: 1
    We are looking for a 08 or 09 tundra Double cab,TRD, tow pk, white or dark grey, 4x4, 5.7 engine, in Southern CA.
    Wanting to pay no more then 30,000 + TL. any suggestions on a dealer with this price? :) Toyota is giving 3000. rebates off the MFSR,
    Looking for more.
    I was getting my truck serviced at Toyota of Lewisville this past Saturday,one of the largest toyota dealers in Texas. I think there was 1 2008 Toyota Tundra on the lot and it was not a 4x4. Maybe 2 2009 Tundras and they also were not 4x4's. I thnk they had 5 2010's.

If you can find one I think you might want to snatch it up if the price is right.

Good Luck.
    Go find yourself a 2008, there are plenty of them on lots around the country. See post # 703 regarding pricing. You can definitely get what you want if you take the time to find the vehicles. I suggest autotrader in that regard, followed by searching on the identified dealers' websites to confirm inventory.
  • wisconsinmomwisconsinmom Member Posts: 4
    I am looking at this Tundra at a dealership in WI (they just sold their last 2008 and have no 2009 in stock)

Engine: 5.7L 8 cyl
    Model Code: 8331
    MSRP: $36,392
    Stock Number: 9901
    Transmission: Automatic
    VIN: 5TFUW5F1XAX096662
    Body Style: Crew Pickup
    Exterior: Spruce Mica

I received a quote for a 09 Silverado with the same MSRP for 28.7k. Any chance of getting the Toyota for about that or am I dreaming?
    Yes, they should do the deal. I would act quick. Some one said to go online and look at auto trader and the dealers website, but the best thing to do is go down and scout it out first hand. Those websites are NOT updated. I don't think we have any 08's in Dallas. Good Luck. I bought my 08 4x4 Double Cab last month and LOVE it. I bought the last 08 NEW 4x4 on the lot at one of the largest if not the largest toyota dealership in the Dallas Area. ... I also looked at the Silverado's and Ram's but they actually cost MORE. so I went with the Tundra and I am HAPPY.
  • rele1rele1 Member Posts: 1
    tell me what the best price for this vehicle is
    5tfbw54139x091342
  • imbriangimbriang Member Posts: 1
    list price: 36,822
    my dis. price 34,915
    it has offroad pkg 3,110
    am/fm/mp3 cd 510
    cold weather pkg 160
    pwr. htd. outside mirrors 30
    cloth buckets w/power 605
    sliding rear window 345
    protection pkg 495
    spray in bedliner 599
    carpet floor mats w/door sill protector 178

invoice is 32,139, the salesman says he paid 33,869 including bedliner. i offered 33,500 he said that was below what he paid for it. not sure if he's giving me a line or what. thanks for any info.

Brian
  • wyorebwyoreb Member Posts: 45
    for those who have purchased 2010's with package "OF" - the offroad package, have you noticed the upgraded suspension and shocks helping to smooth out the "bouncy ride" that many Tundra reviews mention? If so, would no doubt be worth the $$.
  • webgoodwebgood Member Posts: 95
    From my experience, I got an '08 dbl cab 4X4 with the TRD off-road package and it rides noticeably more stiff and jittery than my buddy's '07 dbl cab 4X4 without it. The saving grace is the really comfy cloth buckets...especially the driver's power one, but the wife still prefers long trips in the Tundra over our Highlander which we always thought was a pretty nice ride.
    Regards, BGood