Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Tundra Prices Paid

Comments

• jdelo24jdelo24 Member Posts: 1
    I have my eye on a 2006 Tundra SR5 Double Cab V8. It has 34,094 miles on it and their asking price is $18,495, out the door. On top of that, the dealership said I would have to pay Sales Tax and Licensing at the tag agency for $697 (based on that asking price). How much do you think I can talk this down to?
  • osellrosellr Member Posts: 6
    the reason your having a hard time finding a tundra 4x4 is because all (or at least most) of the tundras in the southern states are 2x4. why? because it doesn't snow in texas, therefore a 4x4 isn't necessary. if you want to haul your horse trailer in texas, even on dirt or tall grass, a 4x4 wouldn't be necessary.
  • hdfanatichdfanatic Member Posts: 4
    2010 Tundra Crewmax Texas Edition, 5.7L. Texas edition includes 20" chrome rims, chrome nerf bars, and badging on truck and mats. negotiated price was $30880. I think they still made good money as i traded in my 2008 F-150 4.6L w/ 12000 miles. KBB said trade was worth $22300, but went to 3 dealerships and nobody would give me that, traded for $19000. Luckily i got $13k off the sticker on that truck back in december and ended up even. had to get additional towing for our boat. the f-150 stuggled with the 6000 lbs. hope your not paying full price for f-150's or you plan on keeping it for awhile.

all this was at star toyota in league city, tx. dealership was great and very easy to work with. can't say the same for community toyota in baytown. drove all the way to baytown to find out they never had what they claimed they had in stock over the phone.
  • bigbbdbigbbd Member Posts: 5
    Bought 2010 Crewmax yesterday at 10PM with $2k rebate. Noticed this morning the rebates went up to $3k for crewmax. They had to get the truck from a different state and I have not taken ownership, however all papers have been signed. Do i have any options for getting that extra $1k?
  • jaragonjaragon Member Posts: 2
    Msrp here in my area is $32,196. Truck seems to have everything I need. Does anyone know how much they should negotiate down on the truck? Do you think $28,000 is asking for too much off of the truck?
  • indiomonkindiomonk Member Posts: 28
    Here in the Dallas area new Tundras are just plain rare. 5.7 4WD's are almost non exisistent. Maybe IF you can find a 2009 they would do the deal. But if they have very FEW 2010's they may hold out for closer to sticker. Right now I think there is a big supply and demand thing with Tundras and it is a sellers market. Good Luck!
  • allen8690allen8690 Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone had any experience yet negotiating a price on 2010 Tundras w/ Platinum package? Any info appreciated.
  • scottlaroquescottlaroque Member Posts: 21
    Is no one monitoring or posting anymore in this thread? I sure would like to see an answer to post #725. I am also thinking about getting a tundra in the not too distant future and would like to know if anyone has info on what kind of apr's one could get with their credit score..? Is anyone still able to check the invoice on a truck if we have the vin? Any help would be great!
  • mdan1mdan1 Member Posts: 9
    I think people are waiting for the rebates to go back up. Earlier this year there was a $3,500 rebate on this truck; now $1,000. Also I see dealerships in my area have low inventory, I wonder if they will rebuild that inventory pre-clunkers? With the cost of oil hovering around $76/barrel I wonder if people are having 2nd thoughts about purchasing a new truck.
    I can't speak for anyone else, but with unemployment set to go over 10% anytime now; it is no wonder that consumers are not spending. If you are laid off or think you may become laid off I don't think that unnecessary purchases are a wise decision.
    In the short inventory is low and dealers are not as willing to give a great deal at this point. So in the end there are people on the sidelines waiting.
    Please post if you recently purchased a new Tundra and let us know what type of deal you received!!!!
    Well I was considering getting a tundra by the end of the year. The rebates right now, in my area (houston), are 2000. Not as good as 3500, but from what I've heard the highest rebates tend to be around spring or summer.
    I know what you mean about the economy. Times are not good for a lot of people. Part of the reason I thought i'd be able to get a good deal. I saw a truck at a dealership, DC SR5 with grill guard, running boards, spray on liner, upgraded tires and rims, and tool box. for around 32,500 thats been sitting on there lot for a several months.These are all things I wanted to get on the truck anyway and it'd save me the time and trouble with them on. But the downside is its a 2wd and I was wanting to get a 4wd. Any thoughts?
    I would wait. I'm only guessing here but as long as sales are slow I believe at some point the incentives are going to get better. "CFC" stripped most dealerships inventory and are now slowly repleneshing them. The question is how much inventory is a dealership going to have going forward? Probably less than before, at least until the economy begins to improve, most importantly job gains.
    Also do not compromise on the type of truck you want. If you want 4wd then get it; you will kick yourself in the a** if you don't.
    Can't hurt to wait till January or so; unless you need a new vehicle right now. And let's wait and see how the price of oil fluctuates; the higher the price the oil the lower the demand for trucks and SUV's.
    I can wait a little while, but not too long. I have a lease coming to an end and will need something probably by january. I will wait as long as I can though, and see if the deals get any better. Isn't it true though, that prices on trucks tend to go down when gas prices are up? I seem to remember people a couple years back getting great deals.
    Do people still post on these forums, lol. Doesn't seem like it, but maybe I'm looking in the wrong threads.
  • webgoodwebgood Member Posts: 95
    I don't know if my buying experience earlier this year will help as a point of reference...April of '09 in the upper midwest, I was looking to get a left-over '08 DC 4X4 in a particular color (blue streak) that wasn't available in the Iowa or Illinois sales districts where I live. Found exactly the one I wanted on-line at a Wisconsin dealership that they'd had for I'm guessing pret-near 6 months. Up to that point dealers in this area had finally whittled-down the huge inventories of Tundras left over from the high gas prices and economic down-turn depressors. I suppose I could have negotiated a bit harder but I really wanted this particular truck and I wound-up with: list price $36,000, selling price $32,700, minus the Toyota factory rebate of $4,500 for an out-the-door total $28,200. I was happy with it, and it's a long-term keeper so I'm not concerned with year-old depreciation loss. Regards, BGood
    Thanks for the input. Thats not too bad of a deal, i guess. Although 36k for a previous year's model? sounds high, but I've heard the Tundras keep their value well. I would love to see another 4500 incentive, but that doesn't seem likely..
    Just for clarity, the $36K was the window sticker + my added options (bedliner and step-boards).
    still sounds high, lol! i know they are giving huge discounts on 09 chevys right now, to make way for the 10's. why doesn't toyota do that? or was this year just different because of the early release of the 10's?
    With the cost of oil shooting up as of late how are the Tundra deals going? I hope that the rebates will soon increase, in Mass we have a $1,000 rebate + low financing. I need at least a $2,000 rebate to get what I want! Any chance of the $3,500 rebates we had earlier this year?
  • jobrien0101jobrien0101 Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone ever used carsdirect for the purchase of a new auto? I have submitted a request for a 2010 Tundra Crewmax 5.7L with a sticker of $37,990 and received a special internet price of $34,523 plus $1,000 rebate offered in Massachusetts from Toyota for a net of $33,523 plus TT&L. Does this seem like a good deal or not? I think the incentives are set to change on 11/2 and I may wait to see if rebates go up higher than the current $1,000 offered in this region.
    That sounds a bit high compared to what others have gotten. I would compare it to the edmunds TMV pricing to know for sure. Can you negotiate the price on carsdirect.com? In my area the incentives recently went up from 2000 to 3500. But the financing isn't very good, around 6% i think.
    Your truck doesn't sound like a limited, but do you have lots of upgrades? That tends to inflate the price quite a bit..
  • rudinskyrudinsky Member Posts: 12
    Here is what ive been offered... Tacoma is paid off

2010 Tacoma SR5 TRD
    - 5.8L
    - 2wd
    - Steering wheel radio controls
    - XM stereo
    - Bluetooth
    - Step bars
    - Towing package
    - Alloy wheels
    - Reverse Mirror

The difference is $16,000 OTD in GA
    I assume you mean 2010 Tundra, not tacoma. A 5.8L tacoma would be news to me. I'd suggest you give some actual numbers on the price of the tundra if you want an accurate response. Unless ppl know what you got for the tacoma. Have you compared the price to edmunds TMV?? I will be getting my truck probably just after or before new years. Please post what you paid if you bought it already!
  • 774774 Member Posts: 101
    I was just looking at this forum and noticed your post. I was in the market for a new Sequoia and tried cardirect and found a better way. Try overstock.com cars and look at true car .com.

I have a new Sequoia on order which was $ 500 cheaper than cars direct .com The vehicle cost with options is $ 700 over dealer invoice or $ 3,200 off sticker. The price on this vehicle has gone down to about $166 above dealer invoice since I ordered.
    truecar.com seemed like an awesome site so thanks for that. didn't find any cars on overstock.com though. Sounds like you got a pretty good deal on the sequoia.
    I am in the market for a tundra right now. they are offering $3000 incentive on them in my area (texas). that puts the model i want around 31k or so. And according to the websites i've checked out i should be able to get another couple of thousand off of it.
    i will post on here how it goes/went when the time comes!
  • zone4zone4 Member Posts: 46
    I used carsdirect some years ago to purchase a vehicle. They price they gave me was the price I paid for the vehicle. I would use them again.
  • 774774 Member Posts: 101
    Cars direct gave me good price but you are paying a 500 dollar bird dog fee for the car. I saved the 500 dollars using overstock.com cars getting the exact same vehicle.

I had two dealers competing for my business both offering the same price Carsdirect had only one dealer in the same area which was 500 higher in price.
    ok here is the deal - they are saying

Trade 20000 - 07 Tacoma Crew Sr5, Prerunner, tow

New 29500 - 10 Tundra, Sr5, TRD, backup camera

Tax 10165 - GA

OTD - 13497 - .07% tax, 300 dealer fee, 3 lemon, 30 title
    This is a 01 Crew
  • snow26snow26 Member Posts: 24
    Looking at 4x4 extended cap tundra Grade, 4.6 ltr V-8. What are the customer incentives available? What are the factory to dealer incentives available? AutoNews says up to $3,000 in factory to dealer (that is above the customer cash).

Carman - Please advise.
    Since you came to this website to ask the question, the tools are right here. Start at the home page, under New Cars Prices, Reviews, Information...it's all there. The menu will take you through pricing a particular model, you select options, and it will ask for your zip code...that's important. In the final pricing report, any incentives will be calculated and shown based on that zip code. Incentive amounts are NOT equal in all sales regions. I live in Iowa on the Illinois border of the Mississippi, there's dealers on my side and the Illinois side. Rebates and incentives can exist at a dealer 5 minutes away across the bridge where they don't at the one across town on my side of the creek.
    Edmunds is a GREAT tool, I used it last year to search for exactly the Tundra I was looking for and with the best incentives...had to take a 6 hour trip to Wisconsin to pick it up, but saved thousands of dollars. And, the color I wanted wasn't even available in my surrounding sales regions, either IA or IL. Best of luck. Regards, BGood ;)
  • haikhanhjrhaikhanhjr Member Posts: 9
    I am on the market for a new tundra in DFW area, and just wondering if anyone has bought one lately and ask you to share your experience. What I am looking for is crewmax 2WD 5.7L grade. I am getting quotes from several dealers between 28.5 - 30K . I am thinking about offering 26K (that's about 30K without 4K rebate : 3k manufactory + 1k loyalty). just scan throught with couple other opinions.

Thanks,
    Did they start selling tundras again?
    That sounds like a pretty good deal, depending on the features/upgrades on the truck.
    It sounds like people are getting at least 10-15% off of msrp. If you can get more, great!
    Also check edmunds.com to see what people are paying.
    I got one late last year and love it. I have a DC 4x4 5.7L FFV.
    If you got any other questions just ask!

:D

By the way, check out gulfcoasttundras.com, for those in the area (i'm from houston). If you sign up, I'm GreatScott (put it in the referral part).
    Yes, they started selling last week when they got the replacement parts.
    Based on what you said, 26k does not sound like a good deal. the MSRP is somewhere between 33.5K-35K. 15% off brings it to 28K-29.5K, with 4k rebates give us around 24-25.5K. thanks for the info. I'll probably start from 24K .
    No, the 10-15% i was talking about was total. You should not be able to get a 35k car for less than 25k, thats like 30% off! Don't think you could get that much off a GM.
    Mine was a bit over 36k and i ended up paying about 30k. Real good deal but not the best i've ever heard of. If you offer 25k for that truck you'll prob get laughed at lol.
    One of my friends bought 5.7L DC 4x2 with towing package, running board, and some other "crappy options" for 25K OTD in 2008 in where there was a 5K rebate. Crewmax is just 1K more. Therefore, 25K + 1K (Crewmax) + 1K (less rebate) = 27K OTD. 25K, in my opinion, is doable. Don't you think?
    Doubt it. Give it a try though. Did your friend by when gas prices were through the roof? Cause A lot of people got incredible deals on gas guzzlers when prices were sky rocketing. Prices have gone up overall too, so don't expect to pay the same as your friend. But give it a try and let us know.

What kind of options you getting?
  • redspot321redspot321 Member Posts: 8
    Im looking to get a deal on a Tundra. Ill just be honest and up front. I hear they may be comming out with some incentives to get people excited about their product again. And if the recalls are fixed well then they are fixed....I dont think they will take any more chances with dangerous products.

Anyway I would like to know what people are paying for
    2010 Tundra CrewMax http://www.toyozone.com/inventory/accessoryImageGallery.aspx
    This one has a selling price of $28,900.

Any thoughts on the F150 XLT
  • tundraluvr1tundraluvr1 Member Posts: 3
    I'm usually not one to boast but recently I had the best buying experience ever. Midwest Superstore of Hutchinson Ks. really made me feel at home when i was buying my new tundra. My salesman Doug was the absolute greatest. There were no high pressure sales tactics and the dealership was great at financing our new truck for us. Their financing department beat our credit union by 2% apr saving me even more money after Doug got us a $5,000 rebate. I know I'm not suppose to mention names but I'm telling you our salesman was the greatest, he stayed by our side the whole time and took great care of us. It's not often that anyone really gets to brag about how well they were treated at a dealership. We were and I think it should be shared. Both of my sons have since bought new trucks from the same dealership and salesman and received the same great service I did. I see now why everyone that does business there comes out happy, I won't buy a truck anywhere else and I even got an extended warranty alot cheaper from that dealership than any other place I checked on. The whole buying experience took on a new meaning. If you ever catch yourself looking for a new vehicle please check out this dealership I promise you it will not be dissappointing. Thank you Midwest you have just earned a family of loyal customers.
  • tundraluvr1tundraluvr1 Member Posts: 3
    The cheapest price on tundras i have found is at Midwest Superstore in Hutchinson kansas. I got a $5000 rebate and it made the price of my new tundra very competitive with a used price tundra. I even picked up an extended warranty for my new truck at a lower price than anywhere else i could find. They even sold my sons pickups out of state and did everything over the phone all they had to do was show up and pickup their new trucks. A+ dealership. Make sure to ask for Doug he will really help you.

Mike T.
    Thanks for sharing. I assume 5K off of the invoice. I am getting quotes from pretty much ALL toyota dealers in my area (DFW) around 5-6k off of the MSRP. But, I still want to wait until March because I believe that toyota will have huge incentives on Tundra next month.
    hey great story! Can I ask how much you paid for the extended warranty? I know of people who paid less than 1k for the platinum (7yrs/100k) warranty. Which did you ask and how much?
  • mark983mark983 Member Posts: 10
    I am also looking for Tundra in the DFW area. Have you found any better deals now that we are in to March? I am still waiting to hear back on my quotes.
    I would check edmunds and see how the price compares. Remember, you can always go to a dealer and talk them down some as well.

As far as the F150 goes, I have never owned one personally. I am a member of a couple of tundra owners and I can pass along some of the things I have heard. Please, take this with a grain of salt.
    Most people I have heard talk about the F150 say that its very under-powered, especially compared to 5.7L V8. The interiors appear to be very nice and well made but comparable models tend to be more expensive.
    Best thing would be to go to a dealership and find out for yourself!
    (you could also check consumer report, motor trend, etc.)

Let us know how it goes!
  • scraw33scraw33 Member Posts: 13
    edited March 2010
    Got caught up in the hype with the recent rebates. Went to Folsom Lake Ford and threw out what I thought was a low ball offer. They wanted to accept, but my wife had cold feet because I didn't prep her into the purchase. But I regress, long story short, I offerred 24k for the baseline Tundra Crewmax 4x2 with the 5.7 V8. The truck was gradeline with alarm, tow package, had an MSRP of 31,943. They struggled to make the deal, but when it was all said and done, I got the truck for 26K plus tax and license with 0% financing. Also because we own a Lexus, Toyota threw in 2yr/ 25,000 regular scheduled Maintenance for Free. Don't know if it's a good deal compared to others that have posted, but I use the site for research and wanted to share the information for others if it can help. Now I'm hunting for wheels because those stock Tundra wheels are hideous! Any suggestions would be appreciated, leaning toward something black.
    sounds like you got a good deal to me. As far as the wheels go, i agree! Stocks look awful. Dunno if your looking for a tire/rim combo, or just rims or what. But t_u_n_d_r_a_t_a_l_k_._n_e_t (without spaces/underscores '_' )
    is a great resource for tundra owners for all kinds of mods and general help. Go sign up and start posting and you can find out all kinds of stuff. There are others as well, I'd really recommend it. Its nice to talk to other owners that have had their trucks for years already.

Good Luck

p.s. if you do sign up i'm GreatScott! Look me up!
    No, I have not bought one yet. as you can see, the rebates are the same as Feb. HOwever, 0% is nice thought for those who dont have cash like me.
    this is what I want. to me, it's a great deal. thanks for sharing.
    Dont' forget that craigslist is a very good market place for used cheap auto parts. good luck and enjoy your new toy.
  • heslopeheslope Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2010
    Are there any reported great deals on Tundra in Oregon, Washington area. All I am getting so far is the usual March deal of 0% plus 2 year free service. I am looking at a Tundra grade 5.7. tow package,. listing at 32,933. Thanks for any local knowledge.
  • lederleder Member Posts: 2
    While I know the programs are not standard across the US, we went to a dealer in NJ on Saturday and were told the same thing, no rebates, just the 0% financing. We got them to go to $250 under invoice. Can anyone verify this is a good deal? or did they neglect to mentioned any rebates?

Thanks.
  • snow26snow26 Member Posts: 24
    HI Leder:

Automotive News, which is an Industry/dealer/vendor publication lists all customer incentives AND factory to dealer incentives each week. According to this publication, Toyota is giving dealers up to $3,000 for each Tundra sold. This makes sense, as some of the folks on this board have been getting deals of $5,000 plus off on these vehicle.

That is why your NJ dealer is giving you a "below invoice deal', because they really have more money than the difference between MSRP and what they pay for the car. Let me know how it works out.
    Make sure to check the TMV as well. Also I have been hearing a lot of people getting 2 years of oil changes and tire rotation also.
    Take these dealers to the cleaners! lol, and if not go to another dealership.

Good luck, let us know how it goes.