Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Tundra Prices Paid

Comments

• deez3352deez3352 Member Posts: 2
    $30880 is a great price! My dealer in the North dallas area is quoting me an initial price of $33200 (MSRP $35481) for the 5.7L RWD Texas Edition. Did you get an extra $2k rebate off the sticker? I'm going for the 0% interest financing..... How do you like your 2010 Tundra? Does it drive comfortably with the 20" rims?
  • robbtrobbt Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2010
    I have been reviewing this forum and a couple others in trying to find where I might be able to purchase a 2010 Crewmaw with a 4.6L V8 in the Northeast. So far I have had no luck. I have seen a few available in the southwest but not where I reside. Dealers seem not to want to even want to talk to me about a 4.6 just the 5.7. Can anyone explain why the 4.6 is a hard vehicle to locate? Especially in the Northeast. And if you know of a dealer that has one, where/what are the dealer names?

Thanks,

Robb
  • akfrostakfrost Member Posts: 1
    Same problem here in AK locating a 4.6 V8. 44 5.7L's on the lot and only 3 4.6L's. Not much to choose from.
  • scottlaroquescottlaroque Member Posts: 21
    I'm of no help here, but just curious why you guys want the 4.6?

I understand not needing the 5.7, but you only save about 1k and 1 mpg. You get a lot more horses and pulling power out of the 5.7. If it were me, i'd get the 5.7 and not think twice. You'd really notice it when you're trying to pass someone and step on the gas. Awesome!
  • deez3352deez3352 Member Posts: 2
    Since my last post I've found a 5.7L, I do like the power and speed of the bigger engine. I've found a deal at a DFW dealer that's offering 33,200 for a Texas Edition, 4x2. It's got 20" chrome rims, side steps, spray-in liner. With the 0% interest on the 60 month loan, it seems like a great deal. Does it sounds like a deal to yall?
  • mamulanmamulan Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2010
    If anyone has purchased one in the Northwest, please post what type, how much you paid and where. I'm in the market for a doublecab 5.7L 4x4. I live in Seattle but willing to drive a distance for a good deal. Edmunds estimate i get is $27k without options after the $2500 rebate. I'm wondering if anyone has been able to pay this price with some options.
  • budgoobudgoo Member Posts: 7
    Purchased a new 2010 Tundra SR5 (8241) 2WD . Base price ($27,240) Extras included 18" Alloy Wheels ($1,020), Cold Weather Pkg ($160), Deck rail system ($135), AM/FM/CD/MP3 (($510), Fog lamps ($110), Power heated mirrors ($30), Cloth bucket seats ($605), Daytime running lamps ($40), SR5 Pkg ($915), Power sliding rear windoe ($425), Delivery, processing, handling fee ($795) TOTAL MSRP= $31,985. SELLING PRICE= $26,508 @ 3.79%. My wife and I had excellent credit scores to get the rebate and what I thought to be an excellent rate. Best I could have done locally was 6.1%. Barkley posts their no-haggle price online.

We got there on a Sat morning and closed the deal without a hitch. There were no surprises. The tank was full, and we were on our merry way. They are located in Asheville, NC. It was worth the 500+ mile drive from the Memphis area, IMO. :):D :P
  • robbtrobbt Member Posts: 3
    Well it's actually a 2 part answer. If I get a Tundra I will be getting a vehicle that has less miles per gallon then what I get today, whether 4.6 or 5.7. Even though the 4.6 vs the 5.7 is only 2 miles per gallon more, since I drive it daily (approx 50 miles) it will indeed have a long term dollar impact. Also the 4.6 is approx $1500 less than the 5.7, yet another cost factor. I know it seems minor but I don't need the extra power and over long term will save a few dollars. I don't even really need to buy a truck, it's just one of those like to have, especially the crew cab for kids and dog.
    well in that case save a little more $ and mpg and get the 4.0L V6.

lol, jk. i take your point for sure man. have fun with those new tundras guys! sounds like your all getting very good deals!
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    If you bought a new Toyota since Feb or are thinking about it, a reporter wants to hear from you. Email [email protected] by Wednesday, April 7, 2010.
  • bamacarbamacar Member Posts: 749
    edited April 2010
    Only problem is the V6 gets worse gas mileage than the 4.6. On the double cab, the V6 would save a wopping 145 bucks bought new. If a person does drive 50 miles a day as he described, then in a little over a year with gas at $2.75 a gallon, the 4.6 will start saving money over the V6. The V6 makes no sense at all, but the 4.6 sure does.
    if you would have read my post, you'd realize your post was completely unnecessary.
    edited April 2010
    I did read it ,but the post seemed totally unnessary except the claim about the V6 so I felt the need to comment. Any reason Toyota still puts the V6 in any of the Tundras? Until they find a way to get better fuel economy with one than the 4.6, they should just drop it. The issue was almost as bad with the 5.7 getting as good or better mpg than the 4.6 a couple of years ago. At least in that case, the initial savings was much more than 145 bucks.
    my post seemed unnecessary? i was responding to someone who had responded to me. my post, however didn't require a response, which you provided, making your post unnecessary, not mine.

But that aside, i thought the 5.7L was a new engine. was it available on 1st gen tundras? also, i thought the 4.6 was new as well. i know someone with a 1st gen, and he's got a 4.7L engine in his.
    my initial point was that there really wasn't much difference between the 5.7 and 4.6 in terms of gas mileage and is worth the extra 1k+ for the extra power, payload, and towing capacity.
  • tundraluvr1tundraluvr1 Member Posts: 3
    I think to each his own preferences. But when I asked my salesman at Midwest Superstore he gave me some pretty good information. If you don't really need the extra horsepower you can save yourself a ton of money off of the price of a new truck. Most people buy a truck and never really use it for what it was made for. Which is true. Most ruck companies already know what most consumers want and exploit that information to inflate truck prices. But if you are willing to bend just a little and take a little smaller engine and maybe a double cab instead of a crew cab, you can save huge on the price of a new truck. Several thousands of dollars. After Doug explained it to me and I was willing to admit it to myself that I didn't need the extras I bought the perfect truck and am enjoying it everyday. How many salesman would talk you out of a bigger more expensive truck. Thats taking care of your customers and thats why i will buy from them again. Thank you Doug and Midwest.
  • blckislandguyblckislandguy Member Posts: 1,150
    edited April 2010
    I have been looking at a new Tundra. Wow! What a big disconnect in the shopping experience. I "built" my own Tundra on their web site and walked into a dealer to order it. Nothing too unique but I didn't want to pay anything extra for anyone's erotic dream. Just a basic cab, 4x4, 4.6, Tundra grade with the 8 foot bed and the tow package in Silver or Grey.

Turns out that you can't really "order" a Tundra. Rather the regional Toyota distributor orders them and your dealer tries to find one that is a close fit. Sorry guys. I'd like to order what I want, not what something thinks I want.

The resulting experience left me with a couple of questions:

Why do they even have a web site configurator if you can't order your own spec?

Why are there some options in the catalog like the payload package that are not on the "build your own configurator"?

Why can't you get the added payload package with the tow package? Wouldn't that be a natural? What is the payload package? It wasn't described.

Why do you have to buy a package with bigger wheels etc.if all you want are bucket seats?

I wonder what the extra layer of distribution, i.e, the 'regional distributor", adds to the price? Maybe 6%?

This is nuts. By adding the extra overhead inherent in a "regional distributor" set up and not letting the customer oder his own options Toyota is hurting themselves.
    Lets call a truce. The point I made is that the 4.6 gets over 10 percent better highway mileage and over 5 percent better city mileage. If you aren't towing heavy then it is an excellent choice especially for a lighter 2wd truck. The 6 cylinder should be discontinued unless they make it considerably cheaper on the double cab or replace it with a 6 that gets better gas mileage.

I meant that the 5.7 was the only choice before the 4.7 (forgot about the displacement change with the new engine) was replaced with the new 4.6. When the 5.7 got better mileage, the additional power was a pleasant bonus whether you really needed it or not.

It seems like it is hard to find a 4.6 Double Cab on the Toyota lots.
    lol, according to toyotas website the difference is 1 to 2 mpg differnce. thats it.

the difference in price on the RC is about 1200 bucks though, between the 4L and 4.6L with the mpg being about the same.

i have seen a fair amount of 4.6 L DC & CM but def not as many as the 5.7 L
    edited April 2010
    10 percent better mpg on the highway is nothing to sneeze at if you put more than 15k miles a year on your truck. That is like 3-5 mpg difference on an econobox. Most people don't need 381 horsepower to take a few people down to Lowes to grab a few bags of mulch. The bigger engine is still very efficient for its output, but for the average big truck buyer, 310 horsepower will do just fine. Toyota needs to just drop the 6 on the Double Cab as it would even help the marketing. More base horsepower and better fuel economy to crow about.

Of course then you have "thrifty" Tacoma buyers with Double Cab V6s getting 17/21 or 16/20. That is even less of a percentage savings difference vs.a Tundra 4.6 than the savings of the 4.6 versus the 5.7 on the Tundra.

I don't even want to talk about Frontier buyers with their V6 getting exactly the same mpg as a Tundra with the 4.6.
    edited April 2010
    Can someone tell me what one gets in the Extra Payload Package referenced in the catalog but not the Tundra website? Simply an extra leaf in the rear springs?

I wonder why you can't combine the Payload Package with the Tow Package?

I know we've agreed to a truce between the 4.6/4.7 people and those who opt for the 5.7 but lets consider one more thing. If you choose the 5.7 with the Tow Package you get bumped into a lower rear end ratio, ie., 4.30. That ratio is something you would see on a drag strip. I'll bet that the gas savings between a 4.6 w/o the Tow Package and a 5.7 with the Tow Package and the mandatory 4.30 rear end would be significant.
  • jaxsteve1jaxsteve1 Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2010
    Boy, I'm confused.....need help.

The dealer gave me a printout with all the equipment, options, etc.:

Total MSRP excluding taxes, title fees............$37,243.
    Includes Base MSRP of $27,240.
    Options totaling $8609
    Manuf. Delv., Proc., &Hndling $795
    Dealer Fees $599.

I live in Florida, so I'm subject to Southeast Toyota rules.

The options are as follows:
    X-SP Tundra Package 4x2 (Reg. Bucket Seats) $4,870
    SR5 Package $915
    Cold Weather Package $160
    Cloth Bucket Seats with Power $605
    Daytime Running Lights $40
    Deck Rail System w/4 Adjustable Tie-downs $135
    Fog Lamps $110
    Power heated outside Mirrors $30
    Power Horizontal Sliding Rear Window $425
    Toyoguard Plus Protection Plan $699
    AM/FM/MP3 CD $510
    18" Styled Steel Wheels $110

According to Edmunds, the Base MSRP is $28,230 without options, and the Base Invoice is $25,829 without options, so that's a 9.3% markup. My problem is that Edmunds doesn't list all of these options (like the biggest one, the X-SP Tundra Package $ 4870). As close as I can determine, the markup on the options they do list is 25%. So, if I was to try and determine the dealer's total invoice, it would be $25829 plus $ 6887 for the options ($8609 divided by 1.25), plus Manuf. Del, Proc & Handling $ 795 plus Dealer Fees $ 599. The total would be $34,110.

I know there's some negotiating room on those last two fees ( $795 plus $ 599), so what's a good price for this truck? Also, I notice there's a $3,000 Manufacturer-to-dealer rebate for "Marketing Support". Can I use this in the negotiations?
  • skipnsbskipnsb Member Posts: 12
    I wonder if the dealer is subject to SE Toyota price rules, or is each dealer completely free to negotiate "at will". I can imagine a situation where the prices are kept high, then are offset by high trade in allowances, in order to keep the market perception high. It seems the best reports here are on the out of state dealer.

Florida Toyotas, and other cars/trucks, seem to be priced a few thousand higher than some other areas. Or maybe I just look like a sucker.

I would be interested in Toyota and Chevrolet dealers in the Central Florida/Jax/Melbourne area who are willing to negotiate hard.

Skip
    again? lol, guys these numbers are secret. go look up the mpgs on these trucks. there's not much difference between the 2 engines.

can't help you with the payload package though. maybe if you sacrifice another mile per gallon you can get that with a 6.2

;)
    edited April 2010
    Jaxsteve1,

Why don't you forget about how the distributor who inserts himself between your dealer and the factory configured what is still now "his" truck and start with a clean piece of paper? Advise you dealer that you don't want and are simply not going to pay for a truck in Jax FL that has

1) a cold weather package LOL
    2) heated mirrors
    3) A Toyo Protection Package
    4) Dealer fees

And if you were me and I lived in Jax , I would also delete the

4) fog lamps
    5) power sliding rear window (why do you want to suck leaves out of the bed and into the cab?)
    6) etc.

Then I would ask the dealer to order me one with my options and give me an Out The Door Price. He'll protest because he knows that only smart buyers who comparison shop--like fleets--insist on a build to spec, out the door price. But why should you pay for what some clerk at a distributorship thinks YOU want in your new truck??

Frankly, although I like the Tundra as a product, GM is much easier to get along with. You can order anything you want and not be forced into options you don't want. For example, I ordered my 2008 Silverado LT Extended Cab 4x4 to have leather seats ($800) but no center console, standard size wheels and tires (I'm 5'10" and 65: why do I want 18" or 19" wheels?), the 5.3 engine ($700) because the Tow package at that time came with it and I wanted the extra coolers and the locking rear end, extra air bags but no sliding rear window, etc. etc. all for a net-net price (dealer invoice) of 31K.

Lets all remember who works for whom.
  • eaglejoeeaglejoe Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2010
    can someone give me the money factor and residual value on a crewmax 4wd platinum tundra? 36 mo 36k miles.
  • davidsareendavidsareen Member Posts: 7
    Hi,
    I'm trading my 2005 4.7L V8 4Runner 77000 miles for a 4X4-5.7L tundra(SR5)Payoff for 4runner is $15,200... after much searching the best deal I got from a dealer is $36,000 0% for 60 months(downpayment of $3000) and a monthly payment of $600.This includes my trade-in.
    I live in NY long Island.
    Please kindly advice if this is worth.
    Thanks
  • xxaznvtguyxxxxaznvtguyxx Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2010
    @ scraw33

Can you tell me where you bought it at? What's the saleman name? That's a great price
  • nebusa_futbolnebusa_futbol Member Posts: 3
    I'm curious what the best deals are recently for a crewmax with the 5.7 V8; 2010?

Has anyone made a purchse in June? The end of the month is coming up and I'm considering the lease offer they have on the double cab. However would prefer to purchase a CrewMax.

I live in the midwest.
  • bcvernonbcvernon Member Posts: 1
    I was all set to go get a Tundra this week then learned that the incentive expired in New England. Looks like I will be passing on this one now. :(
  • mhn1mhn1 Member Posts: 1
    2011 TUNDRA CREWMAX 5.7L TOW PACKAGE, TINT, CARPET, SPRAY-BED, STYLED STEEL WHEELS, MUDGUARDS.

BOUGHT FOR 28,900 + TAX TITLE.

MSRP INCLUDING ALL FEES 33,200.

SLIGHT MINOR CHANGES FOR 2011.

2010 WERE OFFERED BETWEEN 24k - 26k, BUT NON WERE LEFT ON THE LOT EXCEPT ONE WHITE. THIS WAS WITH THE REBATE.
  • binski72binski72 Member Posts: 2
    I've been doing alot of reading abount the Tundras and like any truck see there are some complaints. I have always had a Ford but came across a prety good deal. I have an older neighbor selling her Husbands 2001 Tundra with 13,068 miles on it for 12K. It has the access cab 4 door, 4.7L V8 with the tow package. Any one have any input to if this its a good price? I do tow a camper thats 5500 pounds. The truck looks brand new and has always been garaged kept.
    Thanks
    Mike
    [email protected]
  • dgoindgoin Member Posts: 1
    wow, that's a great price and what we're looking for. what state are you in, dealership name? did you ask to see the invoice/or how did you get to that price?
    thanks for the help.
  • apptunapptun Member Posts: 18
    When you find a truck with super low mileage ,you can pretty much toss the value book out the window. I drove a similar Tundra well over 100,000 miles. It was a good truck and I only got a newer one because I was nervous about the frame rust and wanted a larger cab. Is the truck a 4x4? I realized just over 9000 real dollars for my 02 4x4 access cab on trade last May. .Really nice lower mileage trucks are very hard to find.It will pull your camper at that weight wilth no problems. If you need to beef up the rear suspension, I suggest looking at Timbrens. I have used them on both both of my Tundras and they have worked great. Sounds like a real nice truck. Good luck
  • scsehscseh Member Posts: 2
    I went over to Team Toyota Mall of Georgia today [Atlanta area] strickly to look at Tundra trucks. I didn't go with the intention of purchasing.

I went with my wife and little son. I wanted to get her take on the Tundra Double Cab seat to see if she thought that it has adequate room.

I had performed a lot of internet research on Tundra vs Tacoma, 4.7L vs 5.7L, and Double Cab vs Crew Max.

I originally wanted a Tundra DC, but started thinking about gas prices. About a year or more ago, our Super Gas prices had spiked to $4.50 a gallon when a hurricane had caused the gas pipeline from the Louisiana Gulf to Doraville, Georgia to be shut down as a precaution. We had gas stations that ran out of gas that was reminiscent of 1975 Oil Embargo gas shortages.

I decided to do a sanity check to determine if Tacoma was a better choice due to its smaller engine and better gas consumption.

I found that used Tacomas were selling close to Tundra prices. I wanted a crew style cab with a backseat so that family can ride in truck. It turns out that Tacoma 4 cyclinder did not come in crew style so 6 cylinder was the only option.

I then wrestled with comfort of Tundra vs better MPG of Tacoma. After reading various forums, it seems like the MPG between Tacoma 6 cylinder was close to Tundra MPG.

Once I came back to Tundra, I then had to decide between a 6 cylinder, a 4.7L 8-cylinder, and a 5.7L 8-cylinder.

I ended up going with 5.7L due to its efficiency if good driving habits were practiced and acceleration habits are followed. I read some postings that claimed that the MPG on the 5.7L improved over time. I don't know if this is due to the driver becoming more conscious about gas consumption and having a cost conscious driving habit that matures over time or if it really is true that the 5.7L gets better gas mileage with age.

I have Gas Cubby app for the iPhone and will record my mileage along each fuel fill up to map the performance over time.

Once I came back to 5.7, I started to read through the DC to Crewmax debate.

DC had less leg room in back seat but with longer bed. Crewmax had roomier backseat area with a short bed.

This debate covered various topics such as

1. DC rear seats did not provide enough room, which allowed backseat Kids in carseat to kick the back of front seat. This was not a problem in Crewmax due to longer distance between back seat and front seat.
    2. DC rear seats are not so comfortable for people over 6' tall
    3. DC was better for big dogs due to rear seat folding up to give dogs the ability to sit on floor. The Crewmax rear seats folded up so the dogs had to sit on the top of the seat.
    4. DC rear windows did not go down. I went on two Tundra test drives and successfully verified that the DC rear electric windows DID GO UP AND DOWN.

I was leaning towards DC because it looks more sportier than box style crewmax, but I had to check the DC backseat with family. I had also become enamored with DC LWB Long Bed due to its 8-foot rear bed. I came close to getting one, but I was out of town and the dealer sold it while I was gone.

I came to realize that I couldn't get a hard shell matching color Tonneau cover for the LWB 8-foot bed. You could get a camper shell, but I like the hard shell Tonneau cover, which turns the Tundra bed into a large trunk.

I wanted a back up camera, but found that the only models that had this feature had a Navigation system. I didn't want a Tundra with Navigation because they were more expensive and the Map Updates for car Navi systems run about $600-700 dollars.

I didn't want leather seats because a child car seat will put a dent in the leather.

When I went with my wife and son to Toyota Mall of Georgia, the salesman showed me a few Tundras. No pressure. He was being very accommodating.

My wife like the first Tundra, a 2008 that had 12k miles on it. It looked brand new.

I got the upgraded 7 year 100k bumper to bumper warranty. The original 3 year 36k bumper to bumper warranty was set to expire next year so I figured that this upgrade was worth it. It covers electrical, brakes, and everything else.

This dealership offers a free lifetime warranty on the engine, tranny, and drive train. This is not transferable if I sell the truck.

The dealership appeared to be very customer service oriented. The service department area was very comfortable for customers who were waiting for their cars to be serviced. They had PCs with Internet Access, Wifi, Internet Cafe, and a kids play area with a TV tuned to Disney Channel.

The attitudes of the employees were very positive and they were attentive to customers to ensure that you were being taken care of.

I didn't know what to expect before I went to this dealer, but I did read a lot of positive feedback on this dealer before. I went in with my defense shields in the lowered position.

The truck had one posted sticker price, which didn't match the internet price. They tend to post lower prices on the internet.

I ordered the back up camera for $600. They replace your rear view mirror with one that has an LCD screen built in. When the truck is in Park, Neutral, or in a Forward gear, the rear view mirror looks and functions normally.

When the truck transmission is placed in Reverse, the left half of the mirror will go into LCD montor mode and display the rear camera picture. I wanted this option because this truck is huge, and we have a lot of kids in our subdivision. The camera will also assist when backing into parking spaces.

I would recommend Team Toyota Mall of Georgia if it is within reasonable driving distance.

One other note, I have noticed that there is a trend where a lot of dealerships are owned by a very large company and a lot of emphasis is placed on customer service.

When checking on dealership ratings, I used Google Maps, Yelp, and Kudzu. I also checked Edmund.com, but this can be hit or miss. Google Maps does a good job of aggregating ratings from various websites.

When searching for cars, I initially used Edmunds.com, but I went to Autotrader.com instead, which Edmunds.com does use. It was easier going to AutoTrader.com.

I used my iPhone so they site would format for my phone. I also liked the fact that AutoTrader.com allowed you to store profiles for Search Results and to store specific car listings.

I also took advantage of various Tundra websites like tundrasolutions.com, tundraheadquarters.com, and tundratalk.net.

In addition, I went to the following US Govt Website to look up fuel consumption of Tundras and Tacomas http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/FEG2000.htm
  • binski72binski72 Member Posts: 2
    Yes it is a 4x4. Access cab 4dr, Towing packing, just about everything except leather. Im picking up the truck this weekend. She took it down to the dealership to get serviced and for a recall on the brakes. The truck looks brand new so I cant turn it down I was just a little nervous about reading all the problems with the early years of the Tundra. Thanks for the reply!
    Mike
  • coach57coach57 Member Posts: 5
    I am thinking about purchasing a2011 crewmax 4x4 5.7L the price I got out the door is 32,735. This is the Tundra grade, has the Sr5 pacakage, cold weather kit, heated outside mirrors, carpet mats, sunroof stainless step boards, fog lamps, drls,am fm cd with xm radio, pwer seats, 18 inch Alloy wheels. Is this agood Deal
  • tom542tom542 Member Posts: 1
    Is 26800.00 a good price for this truck? It also has a towing package. This price does not include, tax, tags. I'm trying to compare to ford f-10 and chevy....so far this apears to be the best buy, but wanted to check other opinions.

Thanks,
    Tom542
  • gr8smilesgr8smiles Member Posts: 7
    Help please....been a while since I have traded cars. I am looking at a 2011 Tundra 4x4 CrewMax 5.7 Limited with the memory package, sunroof, backup camera, 20" wheels, and the stainless brushed stepboard. It is stickered at 47, 185 msrp.

I have been quoted 38935 plus ttl. Thoughts? This seems below the CR 'bottom line' price. They let me walk and compare prices at another dealership and that dealer said they would match. The truck is white with the red rock interior.

Thanks
    Rick
  • candoattitudecandoattitude Member Posts: 1
    if you are not looking an further, can you please let me know the details of the dealership? thanks, abhay
  • senorcamionsenorcamion Member Posts: 1
    2008 Tundra Double Cab - Grade, 4.7L V8
    28,000 miles - off lease

$20,775 including tax and title.

I'm coming from an '05 Scion Xb and 94 Toyota Xtracab so I'm still getting used to the size, power and MPGs. Love the smooth,quite ride and height. The 4.7 is fine for my needs...just a short commute to work, tooling around the burbs, dump runs..homowner stuff.

Tacoma would probably have been a better fit, but the Double Cab Long Bed resale and new value is just too high IMO. I also had a trade in without much leverage. Also read MPGs between the Tundra and Tacoma were not too far apart.

First tank - 350 miles driving 95% back roads and some highway. 13.5 MPG. Cold weather starts. I babied it after reading about hard starts. I also used the odometer reading to track mileage and avoided the 20% differential on the gas gauge on E. I was doing that on my Scion which had the same issue of the gas light coming on very early. MPG should improve once the weather in the NE warms up.

Keep on Truckin'......
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
    A reporter is interested in talking with recent new truck buyers and current shoppers. If you are interested in commenting on your experience, please reply to [email protected] no later than Monday, February 28, 2011 and include your name, city and state of residence.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• avidexploreravidexplorer Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for this information. Are there dealerships that you would NOT work with at this time in the metro Atlanta area?
  • avidexploreravidexplorer Member Posts: 3
    I am deciding on whether or not to purchase a Toyota Tundra CrewMax Limited with the upgraded options in the Atlanta area. My first inclination was to choose the Ford F-150 Lariat but I am seriously considering the Toyota Tundra CrewMax Limited.

What prices would be acceptable for this type of vehicle? Walk out price would be a good thing to know so that I can eliminate much time in my decision making.

Regards.
  • dewey11dewey11 Member Posts: 11
    For some reason dealers give you what they want,not what you want.
    I was driving a dodge big horn hemi,which I traded a 2003 Tundra for it.I needed a bigger truck to tow a camper.I got a heck of a deal on a diesel ram,but wife would not drive it.They gave me 22K for the Toy and 10K off list.What a deal. I brought it back,and swap for the hemi.5 years later I got the title,then the trans burnt up,that was 3300 bucks.A week later the ball joints bad.Its going Iam getting a toyota,best mileage,best trade in value.
    You think its simple choice,right?I go to one dealer no 4x4 other than base,no mags.My ram was loaded 20's premium wheels,up grade stereo.
    The Tundra had bench seat ,power driver rear slide electric,tow package with brake controller installed . If it had mags I would have bought it.They were giving me 10.5 for the ram.They say get your own mags,no I want factory.They say you want the TSS,I say what's that everything you want and more.
    I go to The next dealer,and say 4x4 TRD package.They say what you were getting for your trade.I show them the paper work where they show 10.5,on the TSS package,O you want the TSS.I say if it the TRD with 20's yes.
    They get the truck,TSS is a stripped model with a fancy grill,and low rider 20's with 305's,that not 4x4 tires.No ele slide ,no brake controller,no camera,with a price of 38K.I never seen the invoice of these trucks.I take it home and Iam sick.Thes wheel are 2K ,and not for off road.I call still demanding TRD in 4x4,I don't know if they make a TRD in 4x4.They get me a DC with buckets,camera,ele slide predator step bars with 18's Michline tyres.N o off road tires.I say give my my ram back I will move on.They say pick one of the trucks you signed the contract.They are correct you don't have 5 days to bring it back.The attorney general said if you signed the paper work you got a truck. They did not give me the truck I asked for.Then they want 40 more in note,they say this truck is 1300 more than the other one.I say then why are you charging my 2400 instead of 1300.They give me some BS that since you dont
    want 0% it comes to 40 more a note.I have a caculator that does intrest ,it comes to 13.40 more not 40.I get my way,but the 2 trucks have completly different trans and oil coolers.The low rider had the one you would think,stacked in front of the radiator.Mine are located by the engine and trans and are call reculating coolers.I can't get a answer just more BS from people who dont know their job.They even told me you can go 10K between oil changes.WoW these are salesman not wrenches.I say I can put a filter that keep the oil clean forever,can I use it.They sa no.
    To top it off they call me and askd was I 100% satified coustmer.I said no not even close.
    t
  • dbtundradbtundra Member Posts: 2
    Did you communicate as clearly with them as you did here? I find that you need to treat them like a 14 year old, be respectful, not trust anything, and know what you want from them.
    I had a friend that went in wired after they screwed him, and he got it on tape where they acnowledged it. Then they fixed the issue when a "call for action" reporter called.
  • dbtundradbtundra Member Posts: 2
    Now several months have passed... and you see many 4.6 crews in the gulf states, but still none in eastern US. I'm confident that a slight mpg savings will move the 4.6 as the consumers choice- if not the conservative contractor.
  • synystersynyster Member Posts: 1
    I have a quote for a 2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Pickup 4D 5 1/2 ft Magnetic Gray w/Rock Warrior package. I was wondering if that is good price or can I do better? Any suggestion or tips on getting a better price for this truck. What is the best OTD price I can ask for? Originally, I wanted to get the monthly price to around $300 or under w/$20000 down. Can it be done? Thanks lml

2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Pickup 4D 5 1/2 ft Magnetic Gray w/Rock Warrior package
    $39161 w/o Tax/License/Fees
    APR% 1.9
    60 month payment
    $22000 down
    $379/month
  • jerlimjerlim Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking at the same truck in CA, can you let me know what you actually got yours for?
  • scsehscseh Member Posts: 2
    Hello Avidexplorer

I have not been too active on this board. Been pretty busy at work.

With that said, I apologize for not seeing your question sooner and for not replying sooner.

I noticed that your reply to my post was dated Feb 26, which was 4 months ago.

I am not sure if my answer will be of any value at this point, but I will post in case it stills holds value for you or any other reader with similar question on their mind.

ORIGINAL QUESTION:
    Are there dealerships that you would NOT work with at this time in the metro Atlanta area?

I had visited one other dealer, World Toyota.

The salesman was respectful. His Supervisor was half the salesperson's age. The Supervisor did push the fact that this dealer is part of a large conglomerate of 100+ dealerships owned by a single holding company.

This dealership was pushing customer service as their main goal. They even offered to let me borrow the Tundra for a day.

I did take a test drive, but I wasn't ready to buy yet.

After the test drive, I exchanged info with them.

I looked the truck over noticed things that I didn't notice before. I went home and emailed the dealer about the things I noticed.

I didn't get a response on my email. They sold the truck the following weekend because the AutoTrader posting was pulled.

I do get occasional emails from the dealership, but I delete them.

Would I do business with this dealership? This would depend on if they had a very particular configuration of the Tundra at a very good price

I recall growing up that each Car Dealership was independently owned with some small conglomerates of 10 or less dealerships owned by one person.

I believe that nowadays, the trend is that there are numerous dealerships owned by holding or LLC companies that own 100+ dealerships. These conglomerates are pushing Customer Service.

The best thing to do is pick a dealership, look up the dealership on Google Maps, then look at the Review section, which is an aggregation of reviews directly posted to Google, reviews from Kudzu, and reviews from all other sources rolled into one.

Personally, I highly rate Toyota Mall of Georgia. They give lifetime warranties on Engine, Drive Train, and Transmission. This is free. I purchased an upgrade to the Bumper to Bumper Warranty. They also offer free AAA like service. Their Service Department is pretty clean and upbeat with a full time janitor. They have a coffee bar that also makes food and they have free WiFi.

The waiting area has two TVs. One TV is on CNN and the other TV is on Fox News. They cater to both Political persuasions.

I hope that the above info is useful.

Regards
    DSLBiker

World Toyota Google Reviews
    Click Here for World Toyota Reviews

Toyota Mall of Georgia Reviews
    CLICK HERE for Toyota Mall of Georgia Reviews
  • gs451gs451 Member Posts: 19
    Hi everyone,

I'm looking at a 2001 Used Tundra Regular Cab for my dad at the moment. The car is Automatic and has 133,000 miles but I am not clear as to whether or not it is a Basic or SR5 model (per Edmund's TMV search). I got a TMV value of around $3K and the KBB says it is around $3900. I'm pretty confused at this point, is there a glitch somewhere?

The car is being offered for $4300, I thought it was a phenomenal deal but now I don't know what to think. Also, similar '01s aren't listed for anything under $7K, any input would be appreciated because I'm truly clueless.

As a side note, is it an okay idea to get a car like this from a private party as opposed to getting it from a dealer. Anything major to be on the look out for?

Thanks in advance