Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Pathfinder Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• brianm4brianm4 Member Posts: 33
    Looking to lease a Pathfinder LE with Nav pkg.
    V6

MSRP 40,225
    Invoice 37,169
    TMV (less invoice) 37,839

What would a good target price be?
  • brianm4brianm4 Member Posts: 33
    I am in a 36 month lease with my Murano which ends May of 2007.

I would like to get out of my lease and get a new Pathfinder, any suggestions on getting out without paying any fees?
  • jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    It is not uncommon the last few months to find 07 4runners equipped brand new as you describe for 27000 or less . 07 Pathfinders like that for 25000-26000. I would skip the 1 yr old used market as with dealer profit added on to them you are getting into new car territory, especially end of year models. Ignore the TMV and other consumer "target prices" as they can be way off, especially on 20 mpg trucks/suvs.

If you must buy used look up the used wholesale value on kbb.com, edmunds.com and nada.com. Your target price should be around the lowest wholesale price of the 3 to 1000 or so above. There is a very slack market for low mpg suvs now.

Good luck
    --jjf
    I'm looking at a Blue 2006 Pathfinder - SE Off Road with 13,977 miles. With the following extras:
    Hill Descent Control, Auto Air Conditioning, Rear Air, Power Windows, Power Door Locks, Tilt Wheel, AM/FM Stereo, Mp3 (Multi Cd), Dual Front Air Bags, ABS (4-Wheel), Power Seat, Moon Roof, Roof Rack, Privacy Glass, Running Boards, Towing Pkg, Alloy Wheels, Bose Premium Sound, Continuous Valve Timing Control (Cvtcs), 4-Wheel Limited Slip (Abls), Vehicle Dynamic Control (Vdc), Hill Descent Control (Hdc), Hill Start Assist (Hsa), two-toned cloth seats

The asking price is $23,993 at a Ford Dealer. What is a good price for this vehicle? Anything I should know about the cons of the Off Road model?

Thanks!!
  • jtwrightjtwright Member Posts: 1
    We're looking at a Black 2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE-V6, leather package, premium package, side air bags, and factory DVD. MSRP is $38,130. Local dealer quoted us by e-mail sales price of $32,999 + tax, title, and license. He states this price reflects a $1750 rebate from Nissan. This would be a cash purchase with no financing. Based off of this information, what would be a good offer? Any thoughts on how low dealer might go? Also, any chance the timing of the purchase could affect this....ie, last week of December vs. beginning of January??
  • pjnspjns Member Posts: 3
    I believe that's a pretty good price.
    I just purchased a 2008 LE V6 AWD for $33,700 out the door.
    [I'm in Oregon, so no sales tax]
    The $1750 cash back runs to the end of December - so waiting end of month/year would definitely increase your chances for an even lower price.
  • chuckiscchuckisc Member Posts: 31
    MSRP= $37,825.00
    Invoice= $34,744.00
    Holdback= $756.50
    Rebate= $1,750.00
    Market Support= $635.00
    True Invoice(Invoice - Rebate - Holdback - Market Support) $31,602.50
    Tax % tags $32,402.50
    Tax tags(% x true invoice)+(tags=$100est) 6.00% 100 $2,044.15
    low ball(true invoice - 2k + tax)= $31,646.65
    Target Price(MSRP - rebate or Sale price - Low ball offer / 2 + low ball offer) $33,860.83 OTD price!!!!!!
    This is the "target" or "MAXIMUM" top price I would pay for this vehicle and consider it's a FAIR price for the dealer where he can make a few hundred dollars profit but not much. Give him the low ball pricing now and see what he can come up with. Dealer always try to push you into the top tier pricing... Good luck and I believe you make a fine choice with the 08' Pathy!
  • pathrunnerpathrunner Member Posts: 12
    I'm a Canadian interested in buying a Pathy in Washington State. I recieved one offer for $33, 800 for the following:

2008 SE V6
    Leather package
    Premium packahe
    Side Airbags

I supposedly don't qualify for any rebates :-( Anyone have any suggestions as to a good offer/final price on this one?
  • brian62brian62 Member Posts: 31
    I am looking to purchase a 2008 Pathfinder LE V6 2WD with Navigation.

MSRP 38405
    Invoice 35441
    TMV 36267
    Rebate -2250

I was telling a friend of mine about the car and he said his brother works for Nissan and get me the Employee Discount of 5% off of invoice.

I had a dealer willing to sell me the car at invoice less the rebate less a couple hundred if I picked the car on his lot vs. him trading for it.

Is anyone familiar with the employee discount? Will they give me 5% off of the invoice but stick me with prep and doc fees? Does Nissan reimburse the dealer for the 5%, therefore I may still have some negotiating room?

If I do get the 5% off I am looking at less then $34 OTD (not including DMV fees) for a nicely equipped PF.
  • mtsom1224mtsom1224 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking at a 2001 pathfinder for $7,995. But it has 138,000 miles on it, is that too high? I am looking for a car that will be fairly reliable.
  • jkooljkool Member Posts: 3
    Hi Considering buying 2008 pathfinder SE-V6 4X4 Mrsp of 32,665 live in southern Calif. what good sale price i could get including rebates??? thanks
  • marcogallo1986marcogallo1986 Member Posts: 1,164
    I am looking in to getting a 2008 Pathfinder s moddle any one bye one in the New York state aria with in the past few munts. I am going to go with fits mall the have one in navy blue from what I saw on there websight for around $24000 and they are only 5 howers away so not to bad. I no that they are one of the best dealers around but getting dealer bids in new york anyway and sum other dealers in Pa. Thankyou for reading my Posting sorry about the spelling Marco.
  • poodog13poodog13 Member Posts: 320
    Why do you consistently end every post with "Sorry about the spelling" without ever actually taking the time to learn how to spell?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,145
    A reporter would like to consumers who are looking to purchase an SUV right now. Please respond to ctalati@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information along with the vehicle(s) you are researching or looking to purchase no later than Tuesday, June 3rd.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,145
    No need to be nasty. Remember, not everyone who frequents these forums speaks English as a native language.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Hey no need to be nasty. The reason I cant spell to good is That I am leaguly blind dont reed like you guys do I lissan to books on tape mor so that is Y Pleas no Nasty comments Pleas grate guy. I just Like to end bye saying sorry about the spelling so Peapol no that I am not like alot of peapol on Hear full of bolony and an onnest guy. Thankyou any mor comments will contact edmans.com about this Mattor. Thankyou Marco. respect everyone on this bord and any bord this is the information highway.
    Hey did you ever bye a 2008 Pathfinder in Washington State If you come on this foram pleas keep us updated and let us no what happend thankyou so mutch for reading.
    did you ever get the Pathfinder with the inploy Pricing let us no this foram has bin dead for quite sum time thanks for reading.
    has anyone baught a 2008 Pathfinder in new york or nj or pa in the last few munts My brother is moving upstate and is thinking about byeing a new Pathfinder s moddle pleas I no gas Prices stink now but he has a nother car to use everyday Pleas if anyone has baught one respond to THis posting thankyou for reading.
    did you ever get your first Pathfinder the 2001 if so pleas let us no for what price and how you like it thanks for reading.
  • hebrewhammerhebrewhammer Member Posts: 34
    I just wanted to tell everyone that A LOT of dealers are offering a flat 40% of MSRP on new Frontiers, Armadas, Quests, Xterras and Titans.

No, I am not making this up. There are ads all over the place, from New Jersey to Kentucky to California.

Example: http://www.glennnissan.com/nissan/share/specials.php
    I'm in Western PA and wondering if anyone has seen this 40% deal within reasonable driving distance (inside 4 hours) from Pittsburgh. If so, please post!!!
  • rugby5rugby5 Member Posts: 4
    here is a deal for you in NY....I just leased an 2008 S Model. The NMAC lease deals are so good, I did not want to buy the vehicle...even for low 20s like this. I called these guys and they would not lease the car for this 21K number.

got the great rate factor and let them take the car back after 39 months...It made the leasing a no brainer for me. My Toyota sales guy could only shake his head. Good ride for the money....If you want to buy...you'll be buying WAY under invoice.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks___2008-NISSAN-PATHFINDER-4X4_W0QQitem- Z260266846673QQddnZCarsQ20Q26Q20TrucksQQddiZ2282QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item26026684- 6673&_trksid=p3756.m14.l1308
  • hogan46hogan46 Member Posts: 7
    I saw an ad today in the Chicago suburban newspaper NW Herald for Liberty Nissan in Lake County, 920 S. Milwaukee Avenue:

$15,864 Titan 4x4 - Model #31418, Stk. #28930/28931
    $15,626 Quest - Model #10218, Stk.#28932/28933
    $15,690 Xterra 4X4 - Model #04818, Stk.#28699/28698
    $19,294 Pathfinder 4x4 - Model 09618, Stk.#28756/28757

www.libertyautoplaza.com
  • jakbarjakbar Member Posts: 12
    I just bought a 2008 Pathfinder LE V6 MSRP $38,535 for $27,000 plus TTL. Call up Glenn Nissan in Lexington Kentucky and ask for Jason Obradovich. They are having a crazy sale. I had to hold my vehicle with a credit card so that it would not get sold before I got there (I drove 90mi from Cincinnati). Definitely worth the drive! No gimmicks either. I was in and out of there in 30-45 minutes flat. Tell him Jason from Cincinnati sent ya and he might give you a bit more of a discount!

Link to Glenn's specials page
    hey ausam what dealer in New york did you leese the Pathfinder from any sails persons name thanks for any information Marco.
    nice deal good luck with it it is a grate suv not the worsed on gas for all of the money you get off not bad thanks for reading.
    Don't really mean to be a party pooper with many on the truck forums, but if one looks up a 38000 pathfinder on kbb.com (used 07 with average miles ) and finds it has a trade in value of about 17000 if that, (this is what your 08 will be worth in 12 months) 27000 (35% discount) is not really anything to write home about. Eating 10 grand to drive an unpopular gas consuming vehicle the first 12 months is really not that appealing.

As for Crazy sale, its the dealers and factory going crazy to get rid of them and people crazy enough to buy them at such small discounts.

Happy huntin

--jjf
  • jakbarjakbar Member Posts: 12
    well its a deal for me. If you think $12k off sticker is a 'small discount' best of luck to you buying any vehicle. This is a top of the line pathfinder, and the cheaper ones can be had for MSRPs of signifnicantly less (probably what you priced out). When i put the options on the one i bought into kbb.com, it gives me $23,700 as the private party value using 12k miles as an example. If this is the case, after a year, I would only have about $3300 in depreciation...tell me what you can find with the size and utility of the pathfinder for only $275 a month spent in the first year. Only a fool trades in his car...that's where the dealers make a ton of money. You are much better off selling individually.

Most people don't NEED an SUV but buy it for the looks etc. I personally do need the 3rd row and extra space with my family as well as the 4wd in the winter. All cars take a hit, especially the first year and there is no sense buying the current generation hybrids as the mileage savings is not currently worth the extra cost of the vehicle. Why are you surfing the truck forums if you are not interested in trucks?
    Is that why I have such a hard time getting 12000 off a 18000msrp mazda3? (which has a trade in value of 14000 in a year)

I don't know guy, I put in an 07 Le Pathfinder with average miles and a buncha options and barely got 18000. This is in line with all the 20mpg trucks. Even quoting private party when many people would have a hard time getting kbb trade in from a dealer is kinda irrelevant. Trying to find a private party buyer when they so low from being dumped by thousands would be a trick. If you looked up the private party of an 08 used that is rather meaningless.

In most states, one is taxed on difference between the trade and the new purchase. In an 8% state, a 15000 trade to the dealer would save one about 1200 in taxes, which is why most people don't screw with the private party sale on higher priced vehicles. Doesn't always stop them from getting pinched on the trade but is why they do it nonetheless.

Obviously, I don't have all the details on your deal.

Good luck to all
    --jjf

Don't really mean to be a party pooper with many on the truck forums, but if one looks up a 38000 pathfinder on kbb.com (used 07 with average miles ) and finds it has a trade in value of about 17000 if that, (this is what your 08 will be worth in 12 months) 27000 (35% discount) is not really anything to write home about. Eating 10 grand to drive an unpopular gas consuming vehicle the first 12 months is really not that appealing.

As for Crazy sale, its the dealers and factory going crazy to get rid of them and people crazy enough to buy them at such small discounts.

Happy huntin

--jjf
    Several problems with your analysis. First, trade-in is not the value of a car as we all know you can't typically buy a car at trade in price. Second, you "bought" the first year depreciation and mileage for the spread between purchase price and year 1 value. Presumably that had some value, otherwise EVERYONE would buy used cars and that clearly is not true.

BTW - I ran this myself using private party value and excellent condition, and it came back worth $23,600. So that kind of puts an end to that conversation.
  • sethnagasethnaga Member Posts: 50
    Jakbar Dude

Not sure how much time you spent here helping others in this forum, but don't be rude to jfritsch. He has helped many in this forum and very knowledgeable and he knows what he is talking.

"Why are you surfing the truck forums if you are not interested in trucks? "
  • theresavutheresavu Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a 2008 Pathfinder S. This was a used vehicle with 21,000 miles and I paid $16,787 out the door. I thought I got a pretty good deal. What do you think?
    For the 30000 4x4 S and a state like California with 1500 in taxes and tags pretty good. For a 2wd and low tax state, mediocre.

Happy Drivin
    --jjf

I just bought a 2008 Pathfinder S. This was a used vehicle with 21,000 miles and I paid $16,787 out the door. I thought I got a pretty good deal. What do you think?
    Just negotiated a 2008 Pathfinder LE V6 with Nav and DVD. MSRP is $43,315, negotiated $32,620 plus tax, title, and plate AFTER INCENTIVES.

This was a pretty long negotiation, and was the lowest price in my area. Pretty sure that I found the floor price on this one, chose not to buy because don't really need a car until next year and was targeting 30% off MSRP to buy early.
  • lovemynissanlovemynissan Member Posts: 2
    Hi Guys, New to all this car stuff and I am looking for a little help. I currently have a 2005 pathfinder Se which has 2 months left on the lease. I am looking to get a new one and I found a 2008 SE 4x4 with se premium pkg, se leather and xm package. Sticker price is $36,375 - dealer will do $31,400 - 1.25 money factor - percentage 46% residual value $16,700. $2500. down - payment of $438. I will not be making the last 2 payments on my lease. Does this seem to be a good deal or am I being taken. I would appreciate any help you could give me. I want to be driving a new car before the snow starts to fly............Thanks
    nice sounds like a grate price to me So you got 4wd what color did you get and what color is the interior I think you will be real happpy with this Pathfinder for years to come thanks for reading Marco.
  • lovemynissanlovemynissan Member Posts: 2
    Could Someone please help me out with my question........I would REALLY appreciate it!!!!
  • dbpathdbpath Member Posts: 1
    Don't know what kind of perspective this will give you but I just purchased my first Pathfinder last week. I was originally negotiating for a similar SE model with the premium and leather packages and was at $26300... which was about 27% off of sticker of $36070. I ended up going with an LE demo (5K miles) for $26500 which was about 30% off sticker. I think you have plenty of negotiating room there. Good luck.
    not a bad price verry good how do you like it keep us updated grate truck thanks for reading Marco.
  • scottgbwiscottgbwi Member Posts: 85
    I was about ready to purchase a 2006 Pathfinder for around $24,800. It is a 4wd limited with about 16,000 miles & in very good condition. But after reading some of the info on prices paid for the 2008's I'm wondering if I'm totally getting hosed. According to edmunds the car is worth about $24,800. Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.
    The market for these vehicles is horrible. Don't know if you gave edmunds used trade in or the bogus dealer retail figure but kbb.com wholesale (trade in) value is probably more on the mark for a retail purchase.

Good luck
    --jjf

I was about ready to purchase a 2006 Pathfinder for around $24,800. It is a 4wd limited with about 16,000 miles & in very good condition. But after reading some of the info on prices paid for the 2008's I'm wondering if I'm totally getting hosed. According to edmunds the car is worth about $24,800. Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.
  • jlthesonjltheson Member Posts: 2
    I think I got a great deal...you guys decide.
    08 Pathfinder LE with rear DVD. 39 month lease, $912 our of pocket to cover first payment, and fees. $375 /mo out the door. what do you think?
    Don't really know what taxes are in your state, or if its a 2wd or 4wd, but assuming its the 38000 msrp pathfinder, and avg (7%) taxes, paying 4600+ per year to lease any 20mpg truck like this is the usual mediocre lease. If you are in a low tax state, worse than mediocre. In any event, nothing great or to write grandma about.

Happy Drivin
    --jjf

I think I got a great deal...you guys decide.
    08 Pathfinder LE with rear DVD. 39 month lease, $912 our of pocket to cover first payment, and fees. $375 /mo out the door. what do you think?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
    $375/mo. for a $38K MSRP vehicle is a mediocre lease?

Care to give an example of a good lease, then?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• xtierraxtierra Member Posts: 55
    too all of you looking to lease a pathfinder, its always good to see what others are offering... check out www.leasespecials.com they have a great list of all the 2008 pathfinders and their lease contract payment.. good luck..
    are you guys kidding that is a grate leese $375 a munth there is no way you will get any lower that is for shore. and nissan makes grate prodicts to that last not just saying that good luck to everyone have a verry good day and thankyou for reading Marco
  • shockerfdshockerfd Member Posts: 3
    New owner here of a Silver Lightning, 07 4x4 SE. It has the Bose system, moonroof, most of options available and 19,000 miles.They wanted 23,000. I got it for 21,100. Not a bad price I think??
    Just for grins, run a used 07 s or se about 31000 thru kbb.com with 19000 miles on it. Does it have a trade in of about 12000? (what your 08 will be worth in 12 months?)
    About the same for the inferior Chevy trailblazer 4x4. Yes nada and edmunds have them several thousands higher but the kbb.com price is probably closer to the truth. (judging from the usual inflated used retail asking prices around edmunds or nada trade in. kbb trade in on the vehicle described may be around 15000-16k. The market for these vehicles is terrible.

New owner here of a Silver Lightning, 07 4x4 SE. It has the Bose system, moonroof, most of options available and 19,000 miles.They wanted 23,000. I got it for 21,100. Not a bad price I think??
  • 20thaeguy20thaeguy Member Posts: 12
    Is anyone buying these 08' leftovers? Are the same incentives there this month with the 30% off MSRP?
    yes peapol are still byeing theese 2008 left overs but it has slowed down quite a bit. and no dont think Nissan is offering 30 persent off anymore not shore if anyone nos pleas let us no. thanks so mutch for reading hope I was able to help you out.