Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Pathfinder Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• 20thaeguy20thaeguy Member Posts: 12
    Nope the incentives are gone for the most part. I think they have a 2500 cash back program, but that isn't going to get you to a very good price.
  • kingg1kingg1 Member Posts: 2
    I got 2008 LE 4x4 with all the bells and whistle except DVD for 1/3 off the sticker price so the cost was $27,500 plus tax original cost was a little over $41,0000. Got rid of a 1999 Mitsu Montero with 190K miles.

Happy Pathfinder owner.
  • joebertjoebert Member Posts: 22
    Marco,
    Is Nissan moving many vehicles right now? Do you see them stepping up their incentives, or just allowing dealers to gradually (and very slowly) get rid of their 08s?
  • marcogallo1986marcogallo1986 Member Posts: 1,164
    thankyou so mutch for letting me no that bit of information cant thankyou enuff buddy. anymor information you get on pricing pleas let us all no have a verry good day and thankyou for reading Marco.
    yes nissan is moving there car moddles verry whell. but the pathfinder and other trucks that nissan sells are not moving that mutch like they did in augast doring the summer. I dont see nissan dooing anythijng about pricing now and rebates. they will just sell off the 2008 pathfinders and other nissan trucks verry slowly. I am shore next Munth or in jan or sumthing around there they will increase the insantaves to sell cars just hang in there. Hope I ws able to help you out. any mor information I can help you guys out with pleas ask. If you have to ask any questians not realated to this questian pleas send an email to my car spavce acount thanks for reading have a verry good day guys marco.
  • jpp75jpp75 Member Posts: 1,535
    I just got quoted these terms on a lease for a 2008 Pathfinder SE 4x4 V6 with Premium package only. The residual and money factor look way off, I realize the market for these vehicles is bad, but didn't realize it was this bad. Has anyone else come across this?

Selling Price with Rebates: $28,000.00

With $0 Out-Of-Pocket (no money down), your lease payment for 39-months is
    $726.66 Per month.

Residual: .37 / $12,216.53
    Money Factor: .00335
    Miles Per Year: 12,000 (10,000 is not available)
    I just got quoted these terms on a lease for a 2008 Pathfinder SE 4x4 V6 with Premium package only. The residual and money factor look way off, I realize the market for these vehicles is bad, but didn't realize it was this bad. Has anyone else come across this?

Selling Price with Rebates: $28,000.00

With $0 Out-Of-Pocket (no money down), your lease payment for 39-months is
    $726.66 Per month.

Residual: .37 / $12,216.53
    Money Factor: .00335
    Miles Per Year: 12,000 (10,000 is not available)

As an update, the $726 above includes the taxes, which I did not mean to be included. I am looking for $0 down to mean No Cap Cost Reduction, not necessarily no fees, taxes, etc. At any rate, they are going to get back to me with an updated number, but I'm still surprised by the residual and money factors used.
  • jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    If you actually look up the trade in value of a $30000 msrp Pathfinder , or a 30000 Chevy trailblazer-- you may find an 07 used has a trade in of $12000 (kbb.com) to 16000 (possibly nada.com). Unfortunately nada may be optimistic. This is what a new 08 will be worth in 12 months.

Even ads advertising new models $10000 off msrp are nothing to write home about for a new 08 or 09, especially for the 40000 models.

Good luck
    --jjf
  • ckone0814ckone0814 Member Posts: 71
    Wow, nothing in here since October? guess nobody is buying pathfinders huh?

Anyway... think I'd get a bite on 08 SE for $25,500 (NOT including rebate)? The msrp is $28980.
    I didn't have any luck back in October, the dealers I contacted didn't seem very interested in dealing at all. They would send me generic e-mails offering the $2k cash back, but even then they just said "Come in and take $2k off MSRP on any 2008 Pathfinder in stock" None of them would quote me any numbers unless I came to the dealership. Given the current market I would think there are some deals to be had, but I didn't have much luck.
  • carrienewcarcarrienewcar Member Posts: 1
    Just got an 08 Pathfinder LE 2wd with every option including DVD for $26,995 in San Diego! Was not planning on buying new but could not pass up this deal. Did not relize you need premium fuel...bummer
    that is a grate price you got for a fully loded pathfinder nice truck nissan makes grate cars good luck with it and thankyou so mutch for reading my posting marco
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    Premium is only recommended -- it will likely run fine on regular. Next ime I'm in SoCal you owe me a grandslam at Denny's for that tip.
  • pilotbound1pilotbound1 Member Posts: 13
    Nissan dealer trying to get me to purchase 08 Se ( no leather ) all other acc , back up camera , sales guy say he can get me 23,500 but no factory finance. I drove it seems clos to my Honda Pilot coming due , Some said they have bad blind spots?
    Any thoughts out there?
    Pilot Bound Maybe
  • joe05joe05 Member Posts: 11
    Same thing is happening to me, I'm looking for an 08 new or with lower miles, The dealers want me to come in before they even discuss inventory. I've also noticed that dealer websites in my area don't give much detail of the vehicle, not even a picture, just a stock photo.
  • rbclawrbclaw Member Posts: 4
    Car man,

Have an offer on a 2009 Pathfinder White Frost LE 2x2 V6 with everything but DVD and Navigation--MSRP is $38,645, and invoice is $35,699. They are willing to offer me $200 below invoice. The current customer special is a $1500 rebate or 3.9% finance over 60 months or 4.9% over 72 months. There are not many Pathfinders (LE's or loaded SE's) in the market right now.

Is this a good deal?

Thanks,
    rbclaw
  • jack137jack137 Member Posts: 19
    visited several dealerships on long island and the lowest quote i received was $33.500 for an in-stock vehicle. the ONLY in-stock (demo) vehicle is not the color (ext or int) that i want. the other dealers on LI have either NO stock or stock in only SE w/o packages. model w/ packages can be acquired but was quoted a $600 fee to do so. total final price $34,100 + tax and reg.

fair deal?

AND why is the consumers fault (cost) that there is little to no inventory and the salesman has to travel to locate? shouldn't this be the cost of the dealership for doing business, no?

thanks in advance!
  • jack137jack137 Member Posts: 19
    I am not an expert just a fellow Pathfinder shopper. I have an 01 which I love and keeping but want to purchase a new Pathfinder.

Does your $200 below invoice price of $35,499 include the $1,500 rebate? If so, the price is too high. If not and the OTD price is $33,999 then it is a fair price but still more pricey than what edmunds TMV and cars direct calculations.

Not sure what "with everything" means but assuming that it is with the addition of the moon roof package. From what I understand, one of the only differences btwn a fully loaded SE (premium, journey, moonroof, and leather package) and the LE is that the LE offer the faux wood grain trim.

I would advise crunching the numbers on Edmunds and Cars Direct of both the loaded SE and the LE. Keep in mind that Edumnds doesn't include the $1,500 rebate in the price. I think when you compare these numbers to what you were quoted, you will be surprised.

And ITA agree that the inventory is VERY limited. I am having the SAME issue. Aggravates me that you spend 30+ minutes negotiating only to find out there is limited to no stock.
  • rbclawrbclaw Member Posts: 4
    Thanks Jack137!
  • jast66jast66 Member Posts: 3
    I was quoted (after 2, 3 hours of talking) for a 2010 S+ Fe Nissan Pathfinder (the 28400 MSRP one). Basically the most basic trim with the floor mat option.

Price was 26400 OTD, I guess that was $24,500 ish before TTL (tax is 8.75% here, title about 330). Sorry if this info was not too helpful.

I ended up not taking that deal but this could be used as a ref point for anyone. I think you can get better deals than this and should definitely not pay more than what was offered.'

They had a $2000 factory rebate available for 2010 model.
    plus the $500 tent sale cash rebate available until mid-late Oct ish.
  • 99accent99accent Member Posts: 237
    after you start your pathfinder with a remote starter then go out to the warmed up car I noticed that the dash lights are all off when its runing ,well being that the key isnt in the ignition turned on is everthing still chargeing and working properly as if you had the key inserted and turned the on position? :confuse:
  • scrapscrap Member Posts: 8
    For December 2009, has anyone heard if Nissan is including an additonal rebate of $1000 to the $2500 they are already offering?
  • epecepec Member Posts: 16
    Dealer price :

Invoice-500-3500 rebate=25000

S, 4WD, DVD

MSRP=30890
  • epecepec Member Posts: 16
    yes, my dealer told me between 12/18 and 01/14
    My momma told me you better shop around [song] ,
    from my own experience, I purchased a brand new 2001 Sonata fully loaded package deal , about a month later at a gas station a guy next to my car was the identical and same year car even the same color so I asked him what he paid and it was a difference of $6,000 dollars in his favor, so I looked at what he had and the only difference was his had hub caps over my mag alloyed rims ,and wasnt a moon roof, every option was there in his car, power windows and door locks P/S Auto tranny ABS brakes . that's it , so I got screwed by my dealer 2 miles from my house,where he bought his 50 miles west of me,true story.I called his dealership. so it cost me $6,000 for alloy wheels and a moon roof. :(
  • retired2pa1retired2pa1 Member Posts: 17
    We have a Pathfinder LE with 21,000 miles on it and it is in excellent condition. We bought the vehicle in So. TX when we lived there and relocated to PA in 2008. We took it to a local Nissan dealer here and they didn't even want to deal with us because it wasn't a 4WD. They were very insulting to us and we would never go back there again. My question is- we are thinking of getting rid of it to get a 4WD of some kind and I have checked KBB and Edmund's for trade-in value. It sits in the garage for 4 months and is never driven in the snow and ice because my husband does not want any salt damage on it so I was reading about CPO vehicles. How do you get a vehicle certified and would ours qualify? Is that a better leverage tool for trading?

Thank you.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    Certified used cars come from dealers with extended warranties attached.. You could probably buy an extended warranty for your vehicle, but I doubt it would raise the value of the vehicle enough to pay for the warranty.

I'm sorry the dealer was rude.. but, they do have one point.. There isn't much of a market for non-4WD SUVs in the snow belt. Have you tried to sell the vehicle privately? I think that would be your best chance to realize the most money. You might find a buyer that can appreciate a one-owner, garaged, well-maintained vehicle. Dealers only want what sells to the average used-car buyer.. That won't matter to you.. You just need one buyer..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• retired2pa1retired2pa1 Member Posts: 17
    Thanks for the reply, kyfdx. We realize we are in the snow belt here but that is NO reason for a dealer to be insulting and rude. Ironically, in last weeks Sunday paper that same dealership advertised a 2006 Pathfinder LE w/55,000 miles on it and NOT a 4WD for $21,000. Interesting.
  • lmbeanlmbean Member Posts: 5
    Has anyone out there looked at the 2010 4Runner yet purchased a 2010 Pathfinder. We are going between both. Pathfinder has alot more to offer yet is the 4Runner a better quality SUV. Will be driving alot in Colorado.
    They are comparable in all features ,why don't you just test drive both and decide which one fits you.
  • mrbuck09mrbuck09 Member Posts: 3
    I found a used 2004 LE PLATINUM edition with 58k for $15k. Is this a good price and a safe reliable vehichle for a woman with four kids on a budget. I know its an older model, but newer doesn't always mean better, right? Oh yeah, the vehicle has everything except navi. Any help please.
  • ocanycocanyc Member Posts: 3
    for a 2010 Nissan LE with navigation financed at 2.9% interest for 72months $575/month. Not 100% sure what the OTD price was but can someone please explain if this is a good deal and what the OTD price actually is? First time buyer, not 100% sure how this works. I know the dealer from 2 previous lease deals.

I'm bringing back a 2007 Nissan LE fully loaded 15,000 miles/yr lease with 4 payments left at $475/month and 10,000 over mileage.
  • cilacila Member Posts: 1
    Mrsp $28,865 options -$30160. (running boards, window tint, nitrogen pkg, wheel locks, pin stripes aka ... dealer padding)

Paid $22939 had financing ready so I did not feel like a beggar. I feel as if I left money on the table but I think it was less than 1k.

Any feedback?
  • batavia02batavia02 Member Posts: 38
    looking at a 11 pathfinder probably "s "or "sv trim right now rebates are 3k on 11 models some local dealers have much better selection then others what are some of the deals others are getting
  • sgovsgov Member Posts: 4
    I am interested in the newly designed 2013 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum AWD with
    Platinum Premium Package
    Cross Bars
    Rear Bumper Protector
    Dual DVD Entertainment System
    4-Piece Floor Mats
    Cargo Package
    Illuminated Kick Plates
    4-Piece Splash Guards
    I am requesting quotes at this point. I am comparing the offer to a Toyota Highlander Ltd with entune, Navi to make a decision b/w the 2.
  • edmunds4mk25edmunds4mk25 Member Posts: 14
    Hi,

Has anyone purchased a 2013 pathfinder in Texas?
    What trim level and how much did it cost?

Thanks,
  • mlevinemlevine Member Posts: 581
    Test drove 2013 pathfinder this past weekend. I highly recommend it as it handled great and there was plenty of room in the second row. The gray, blue and mocha exteriors give a rich look to this SUV. It appears if one wants navigation, platinum model must be purchased as it is not an option on other models. Doubt there is going to be great deals as it is just hitting the showrooms and is a new design. I would recommend the pathfinder over the highlander, but I suspect the better deals will probably be on the highlander.
  • ucducd Member Posts: 10
    I have received several prices on different Trims. Which are very close to Invoice Pricing of the Trim levels plus additional 500-600 dollars worth of accessories free.

Received SL 4x4 with Premium package (incl Floor Matts, Cross Bar, Illmuminated Sill Plates, Dest and Handling) offer of $35900 plus tags and taxes. Which i consider a good offer.
  • mlevinemlevine Member Posts: 581
    Sounds like a great deal. My preference would be either the SL or the platinum. Comparing the similar vehicles in this category, the pathfinder is the way to go. There is $500 cash incentive on this vehicle, and the $500 Visa card noted on this site. Good luck, and update the forum with your progress.
    I am seeing prices quotes are coming down a lot. I will still be waiting till dealers have enough stock that they are desperate to sell. Since it is a new model dealers are thinking people will pay whatever they ask for. Not to mention the redesign is really good.
  • edmunds4mk25edmunds4mk25 Member Posts: 14
    First request (in TX) for a quote for 2013 Pathfinder SV was 35K out of the door.
    Around 31-32K + tt&L.

I think it needs to be invoice + ttl, considering the $500 discount.
    So I'm looking for around 31-32K OTD. Hopefully they can throw in leather seats as well.

Any thoughts?
    SV does not have option of leather seats. You need to move to SL for Leather seats. 31-32K OTD should be possible. I have received quotes of $37000 OTD on SL with Premium package.
  • accordfeveraccordfever Member Posts: 6
    Is that quote for 4X2 or 4X4? I'm in CA and just got a quote for an SL 4X4 with cargo package and floor mats only for 37 OTD.

Please let me know if I should look to do better!
    4x4
  • ogbuffguyogbuffguy Member Posts: 42
    where you get this quote at? that is a really good price, that is almost 7k off sticker
    Northern Virginia.
  • meesterbostonmeesterboston Member Posts: 6
    Test drove the 2013 on Friday night and loved it. I'm in Chicago, and the dealer quoted me $35,200 + ttl for the SL 4x4, with cross bars and the cargo package. From what I'm reading here that seems like an okay deal (not the best, far from the worst). I've asked for an updated quote including the Premium package -- my wife and I LOVED the panoramic rear moonroof. Haven't heard back yet but am hoping they'll get hungry for my business and price aggressively. TrueCar.com suggests this configuration is worth $37k but I'm hoping they'll be inside of that number. Am I being realistic?
    Let us know what dealer is quoting for SL with premium package. The price that dealer quoted you for the Base SL should be the price i have got from couple of dealers for 4x4 SL with premium package.

Check this car out. It is not 4x4 but to compensate for 4x4 it has Rear Seat navigation. MSRP is $40470. This is jus a internet price. You can still haggle more on this price. Hope this helps.

http://www.nissanofnewportnews.com/2013-Nissan-Pathfinder-SL-Newport-News-VA/vd/- 12489969
    Thanks ucd. This is very helpful.

The link you sent looks to be a similar configuration. This SL has the headrest DVDs installed but does not have navigation, which is only available in the Platinum model. The DVD is an ~$1,800 (MSRP) add-on so it seems your dealer is basically throwing that in for "free" on top of the $35,200 I was quoted. Though I hadn't haggled on my offer yet, either.

I'm being told here in Chicago that new stock is hard to come by and that customers are putting deposits down well before cars are delivered -- especially for the SL with Premium package. Probably just salesmanship but we'll see. I'm still hopeful I can get what I want for under $37k.
    ucd,

I received my first quote last night for a 4WD SL with Premium package, $36,700 + ttl. This is $1,500 over the base SL (no Premium), which seems to be about a $1,000 discount on the Premium package itself. That said, the dealer does not have any SL-Premiums in stock and isn't sure when he'll be getting any. So I'm not sure if this is just a pricing gimmick to get me into the dealership.

I will clearly try and haggle downward, but $36,700 seems like a nice starting point given MSRP of $40k+ for this configuration.