Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mercedes-Benz SLK Prices Paid

Comments

• stroudmanstroudman Member Posts: 192
    most dealers are compelled to participate in regional advertising, it's part of the cost of doing business. The dealers are in business to make money, so if you're trying to manuever around that fact from one angle, it stands to reason they will try to make their profit from another angle. If you're in the market for a mercedes-benz automobile, then somewhere, someone is paying you a significant profit. Why, then, shouldn't you?
  • jwilliams2jwilliams2 Member Posts: 910
    Generally, the Netstar invoice bottom line is what the dealer pays MBUSA. IRG is a legitimate charge. Have to wonder why you "don't believe what he said". You might be better to work off MSRP as opposed to up from invoice. Would eliminate these misunderstandings. Most Mercedes Benz dealers I know don't sell at XXX over invoice anyway. Especially on a new roadster model with Spring coming. I mean, even if you paid full MSRP the dealer only makes 6% or so....
  • stroudmanstroudman Member Posts: 192
    Thank you! I find it hard to understand why so many people who are in this bracket of cars are so afraid to pay a profit. I think part of the reason our economy seems so slow to rebound is because so many consumers have made such a science of not paying anyone for anything, anymore. Money has to circulate. If you're going to buy a ford or toyota, by all means shop, there's a store on every corner. But when you're talking about a premium, pleasure car such as a mercedes roadster where service after the sale is a huge factor, pay the guys you expect to bend over backwards for you for the next few years a profit(not "holdback," a meaningful profit). At sticker price the dealer nets 6.9%, less than most state and local sales tax.
  • espresso1espresso1 Member Posts: 6
    Regarding economy, it's yes and no. The money saved from SLK can be better used to buy PSP or other computers to save economy even more, :)

I believe dealers have to right to make profit. Also, we, consumers have right to look for better deal. The reason you see so many webs/forums/message boards for price issues is that simply internet works better for consumers.

I have never done invoice + something before. It's been alway fixed prices deal. So, I didn't know there is such item in the factory invoice list. Paying $500 more for a $50000 car should cause so much damage to a buyer. I just wanted to know if it's legal. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.
    My bad
    It should read
    "Paying $500 more for a $50000 car SHOULDN'T cause so much damage to a buyer."
  • greasykid1greasykid1 Member Posts: 336
    Have to replace my OEM Michelins--which are "summer tires" with "all season" tires as we get some snow in winter.
    Any recommendations? Am thinking about Pirelli "P Zero Nero" They look good from the info on Tirerack's site.
    Also how can I salvage some money from the Michelins that have less than 3K miles?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    Why not wait, and put winter tires on next winter, then put the Michelins back on for the summer?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

You are right. ---If I don't sell my Michelins that's what I'll do.
    I placed an order for a SLK350 on Jan. 3 and picked it up yesterday, Mar. 26. Unfortunately, MB raised the price by around $750 on Feb. 1. Thanks to my dealer, the agreed price was protected from the increase. The dealer had to show the proof of my order/deposit to MB to keep the previous price from the manufacturer. If you placed an order for one before 2/1, you should ask your dealer for the price protection.
  • merc1merc1 Member Posts: 6,081
    Please come over the Coupes board and tell us all about your SLK, colors, what you like/dislike etc.

M
    Pls let me know which coupe board you recommend & how to get there.Have SLK.Thanks

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• merc1merc1 Member Posts: 6,081
    Yeah try that one the SLK board on in the Coupes Section:

merc1, "Mercedes-Benz SLK" #47, 5 Apr 2005 2:34 am

M
  • mikestevensmikestevens Member Posts: 17
    I was wondering if anyone in the snow belt has recently purchased a new SLK. I'm in the Chicago area, and am finding dealers are pretty much sitting on the MSRP. This is a markedly different situation than with the Z4, where you can buy below invoice with dealer incentives. I prefer the SLK, but the price difference is probably going to push me into the BMW...
  • elevanelevan Member Posts: 1
    Advertising "charge" is common. Generally, it is requested by dealers in an area and it goes to dealers' ad agency or ad group composed of dealers. The fee cannot be imposed by the factory (would be illegal). "dealer doesn't get the money" only the most technical, unrealistic sense. M-B might be different but I doubt it.
  • lizard1lizard1 Member Posts: 3
    I just put in a deposit for a slk 55 at my dealer. It was placed on order for some one else but he dropped out. With all the options it included, the vehicle is listed for about $67,000 on mbusa.com. My sales man is quoting me the ball park of around $61-63 k. Is he just blowing smokes or can it possibly be truth? What's everyone experiences with ordering a vehicle? Is the price they quote you in the beginning ends up being the price at delivery?
  • jetsfan901jetsfan901 Member Posts: 3
    I had a SLK350 on order from a dealer I purchased my CLK from last year. I then stopped at another dealer just to see what they had in stock. They had a SLK55 coming in which was a cancelled order. The 55 came in a few days later, and they called me to see if I wanted it. They refused to negotiate anything off of msrp. In the couple of hours that I tried to decide which car to get, they sold the car. A few days later, the SLK350 came in that I ordered, and I was able to negotiate a couple of thousand off msrp. Anything off on the SLK55 is definitely a great deal.
  • russ2662russ2662 Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a SLK350. Looked at the Boxster, but the look of the MB really changed my opinion. I wanted a 6 speed, but the prospects of getting one here on LI was nearly impossible. Shopped several dealers, but landed at MB of Huntington. The MSRP was 53,235. Paid 50,500. Around $1,000 over invoice. Wondered what others had paid for theirs.....
  • amgnutamgnut Member Posts: 16
    I paid 1000 over msrp for mine at Mercedes Benz of South Bay (California). A good deal when I saw 3 - 4K over at other dealers. If you can get 4 - 6K under on a 55SLK its a steal!?! Why?

On a limited production vehicle, 1000 - 1500 to the U.S. for the current year's production. You could buy and re-sell on e-bay for a profit.
    thanks for the replies. The paper work from the dealer stated the price quote as ABOUT $63,000 so I'll probably end up paying pretty close to MSRP anyway!!.Does anyone know how much is the typical taxes and tags fee? 1/2 grands?? It'll worth whatever it is. I have a 350 right now and can't wait till July when that 55 comes in. The reviews on it has been spectacular.
  • amgnutamgnut Member Posts: 16
    Tax in So Cal = 8.25%. My registration was $ 504. You will have to go thru the finance office to get out the door. You should consider the extended warranty if you plan to keep the vehicle outside the factory 4 year warranty. Repairs could kill you. Mine had the tranny replaced with less than 2K miles (see other SLK board). I also went with lo jack & the wheel protection. You can add $4500 to the total price quickly.
    This is my first time owning a Benz. What's the maintanance cost like? Are the scheduled services free? if not, what's the typical charges for them? How are Mercedes compare to other brand when it comes to service/reapir costs?
  • pfeifferpfeiffer Member Posts: 4
    I bought my SLK 350 in February. $56,354 plus doc fee, tax, irg and registration. Registration in CA was $442.74. Diamond Silver with red leather interior, AMG Sport package, Entertainment package with DVD Navigation, Heating package, Lighting package, Premium package, Comfort package, Run-flat tires, Vavona wood trim, and 7-speed automatic trans. Love the car, but it has been a lemon so far. Looks like we will have to negotiate a buyback. See my postings on the general SLK forum...

pfeiffer
    If money shouldn't be an issue, why would your first post in Town Hall be in the "Prices Paid" forum?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jjmslkjjmslk Member Posts: 3
    Just put a deposit down on an August build 280 for my wife. Managed to get dealers interested in our business and ended up with the winner giving us $1000 off MSRP and upping his trade offer (already $800 over Blue Book) by another $500.

As I said, it's for my wife and it will have the 7-speed. Hope the tranny works better in this car than in earlier models!
  • johnbeach1johnbeach1 Member Posts: 7
    Has anyone considered taking European delivery of their MB? If so I'd love to know how they felt about it and the price paid.

I did it with my BMW and found the experience to be very positive. You pay European MSRP, which was/is about 10% below US MSRP. It was almost enough savings to pay for a 2 week vacation driving around Germany. And I got to break my bimmer in on the Autobahn :-).
  • rayfer99rayfer99 Member Posts: 1
    i got a slk55 loaded with everything available but the nav system. i got some hot balck wheels that the dealer put on with chrome trim.. car looks great and i have had no problems, it has about 3k miles on it.

heres the question, i want to sell it as it is just too small for me. i am on a purchase and feel if i sell it now i know i will be upside down. i am wondering whether to just drive it a year and make the payments and then sell it with about 13k miles. does it make sense to sell it now or after a year of payments on a 48 month loan?
  • dgm4488dgm4488 Member Posts: 8
    Curious about the wait time for a new '06 55, order date to delivery. Also, I am under the impression (I hope correctly) that there is not a lot of negotiation on this model.
    This may be very old news, but it is my impression that the appx. 7% one saves on ED may be pretty well eaten up by the strength of the Euro.
    What are the estimates of delivery times from order date to dealer delivery on the 55? Wondering too what the order backlog on the 55 is in Germany. Comments welcome.
  • ezwinner701ezwinner701 Member Posts: 29
    Hi i'm lookin to buy a slk350 real soon, what kind of pricing have you guys received lately?

thanks
  • aghslkaghslk Member Posts: 2
    I just finished the deal on my euro delivery 2006 Slk350. I paid 59075 and this price includes the 1,300 Black Forest Package that gives me an extra 4 nights in Germany. My Slk is completely loaded it has every option. It has the premium, AMG, Heating, Tire Pressure, Phone System, Ipod kit, Entertainment DVD, Lighting, and CD Changer. I leave for Germany on the 15th of January. It has the mars red exterior and beige interior. The discount that I got was a little over 4,000.
  • gassedgassed Member Posts: 1
    I just ordered my SLK55 in the USA at a 7% discount on everything including the gas guzzler tax and destination charge. The total price, including everything but sales tax and tags was $62,723. Options are Paint, Premium, AirScarf and Entertainment without Nav. So, if you want the choice to use your ~$5000 discount for something other than a trip to Germany, it can be done.

Looking forward to an outrageous new ride.
  • slk280slk280 Member Posts: 2
    I am in southern California and want to lease this vehicle for a term of 36-42 months [whatever will get me the best payment] at 12,000 miles per year. My questions are: (1) what should I expect to actually pay [cap cost]; (2) what kind of residual percentage is appropriate for this car [I hear it has the highest residual for its market segment]; and (3) what kind of money factor can I expect for a deal completed by march 31st?

While this may be off-topic I was hoping for some additional input. My trade is a 2003 Acura TL Type-S in pristine condition with only 27,500 miles, brand new Michelin speed-rated tires with a little under $20,000 owed. My research shows that I shouldn't have any trouble getting out of the vehicle with out rolling anything into the lease and may be able to actually get $500 towards the SLK. Any thoughts to the contrary?

Thanks.
  • shimmyoneshimmyone Member Posts: 2
    Im in Los Angeles I just leased a 06 280SLK for thirty nine months with the AMG package , 7 speed automatic, 6disc CD changer rear spoiler Black /Black through the March special lease offer MSRP 49,555 paid 46,300 they paid off the last 4 months of my 03 230SLK of $412 dollars a month plus no turn in lease fees wih $6,000 down
  • shimmyoneshimmyone Member Posts: 2
    My payment was $550 a month
  • lahermanolahermano Member Posts: 16
    guys,
    I am going to look at a
    2001 Mercedes SLK320 Hardtop convertible, sport edition.
    which has 38000 miles and the asking price is 26k. Good condition

My questions are :
    1. Is it a good deal ?
    2. Does the std warranty for 50000 miles still hold good ?
    3. Can i buy ext. warranty from the dealer ? and how much does it cost.
    4. What does the kbb numbers weigh for the vehicle ?

pls pls respond asap. I need to make a decision soon.

Thanks

the kbb says
    Excellent $24,230
    Good $23,020
    Fair $21,255
  • jprocjproc Member Posts: 135
    You should post this question over in the smart shoppers forum-trade in value discussion.
  • jerseyaljerseyal Member Posts: 5
    I'm SOOO EXCITED!!!

Have been on this site for about 1 1/2 years, envying
    everyone elses cars. Well by tonite {picking it up this evening}
    I'll have one of my own!

Was browsing at Prestige Motors here in Paramus, NJ and
    for kicks, just thought I'd inquire about the SLK280 and its
    money factor, thinking it had increased. Well the money
    factor has FALLEN to .00165!! I could NOT resist.
    My monthly payment is 620 with ZERO down.

Color is Obisidian Black.

I've got the

-Comfort Package
    -Heating Package
    -Lighting Package

This was the MOST HASSLE FREE Buying experience EVER!!
    I hope my ownership experience is similiar to the buying experience.

WOOO HOOO!!!!
  • bruno1967bruno1967 Member Posts: 1
    Kind folks, I would truly appreciate some insight from you on the following opportunity:

2005 350 SLK (diamond silver) with 4k miles for 41k. It is the base package with automatic trans and multi CD player. I will have them install after market seat heaters.

The records appear very clean on Carfax and it mentions that it was a fleet car from California.

I am in the midwest and this seems to be a very appealing price for a 350 with so few miles. Could I be missing something or is this a solid deal?

Any thoughts, comments or caveats?

Thanks so much for any info you can provide.

Bruno
  • susu5300susu5300 Member Posts: 1
    Where are you located and how did you manage to get a 7% discount? I am looking at the same car and thinking of ordering one myself. The dealers keep telling me that an order will come with no discount.
  • dbushidodbushido Member Posts: 2
    Hi guys,
    I just got a 2006 SLK280 with the price of $43,800 "out the door". This car is all standard. Just wondering if this is the right deal with the current market. Please let me know. Thanks!
  • aulivauliv Member Posts: 1
    sounds like a good deal. what do you mean by "all standard"? what options do you have? or you got the very basic model with no add-ons? auto/ manual? Can you list the break down of the deal, ie, price before tax/fees, etc?
  • dbushidodbushido Member Posts: 2
    I didnt have any option with it. Manual, standard equip. Tax here is 8% so u can do that math. But out of the door was 43,800 for me. Goodluck with you deal.
  • bruce47bruce47 Member Posts: 3
    I bought a 2005 SLK350 (new)...it took me 3 mos to order it the way i wanted it...I love it
    I wanted the SLK55, but realized that the extra $$ wasnt necessary since the next raffic light was 2 blocks away..
    NEVER pay sticker...they tried it, but it didnt work...
    i bought mine from Euro motorcars in Bethesda...it was a good experience. They discounted the car for me (after telling me that they didnt discount the model (this was last year)....
    i ordered the Black with ASH interior...
    BE CAREFUL ABOUT THE INTERIOR COLOR SINCE THE ROOF IS REALLY AN ASH/GREY COLOR. SOME INTERIOR COLORS WILL LOOK SILLY IF IT DOESNT MATCH THE ROOF!!
    The SLK55 may be different, but the 350 can be had with a discount....i would check dealers that have many in stock (an 05 is the same as an 06) and get it from them....
  • imshane54imshane54 Member Posts: 5
    I'm looking for an SLK350 with the premium II, Auto trans and 6 CD changer. They are saying they reduced the MSRP to 47,916 from 49,645 and a 39 month lease is $2000 down, 850/month including tax. Seems very high!!!!! They won't give away the money rate. Can you help in anyway?!!

Shane :cry:
  • outieoutie Member Posts: 42
    Hi, does anyone have any updated money factor for the SLKs? SLK55 in particular. Thanks!
  • newcar45newcar45 Member Posts: 15
    Hi everyone,
    I just shopped around for a SLK280 and I was wondering if $45,000 or possibly $44,000 is too much for one with a MSRP of $49,505 (somewhere around there).
    Also, should a larger down payment alter the money factor at all? My initial impression is that it shouldn't since the money factor is based upon someone's credit history and therefore shouldn't be affected by annual lease mileage allowance or amount of down payment. Then I remembered BMW has a certain plan where you'd make certain additional payments throughout your lease to lower the money factor.
    Plus, does anyone have the residual and money factor for a SLK280 for 27 months and 12k miles a year?

Thanks in advance!