Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Colorado Prices Paid and Buying Experience

lee_wlee_w Member Posts: 239
Hello, and welcome! Share your buying experiences here!

Comments

• ajaxbroajaxbro Member Posts: 5
    Has anyone purchased a colorado lateley using the GM supplier discount. Specifically a Z71 LS 4x4 Extended cab.
  • banjoecbanjoec Member Posts: 5
    Just factory ordered a '04 Canyon. 4WD Z71 SLE W/3.5L engine & 5speed. Paid $21,499 before rebates. Can anyone that really knows the answer, tell me why the GMC's sell for $600-700 more than the Chevy's. Lots of reasons floating around out there.
    Thanks
  • tkotko Member Posts: 1
    Was at a dealer and told him that I only wanted to pay $400 over invoice - handed me a dealer search report with the MSRP, DIP and GMS figures on it. Told me that GMS is below invoice and reserved for employees or current GM owners. Is this the case? Much obliged.
  • madridjoemadridjoe Member Posts: 28
    I sell Chevrolets in Fl. Here is the scoop

DIP = Dealer invoice price, what the dealer pays not counting holdback

Supplier price = price reserved for employees of large companies like Disney that have an arrangement with GM. Usually around invoice, sometines below.

GMS is reserved for current, and retired GM employees. It will always be below invoice, but GM makes it up to the dealer
  • seversuaveseversuave Member Posts: 10
    I just took delivery on '04 Colorado Z71 4X4 in blue, crew cab with every option but Onstar. Paid invoice price ($28488) plus body molding add-on (nicer chrome $100) minus $3000 (rebate plus GMAC bonus). Came out to be a little above $27K with taxes. Plan to pay it off as soon as the payment book comes from GMAC. Did not really want XM radio, but man is it nice! Like the truck so far. Anyone have any advice on bed covers that look nice on the crew cab? How about bedliners?
    Check with your dealer, you have to make at least 3 payments or lose the GMAC bonus on that rebate.
  • seversuaveseversuave Member Posts: 10
    Are you sure about that? One dealer told me to wait 90 days before paying it off, or the title work would get screwed up, which makes a little sense. The dealer I bought from told me that I could pay it off the minute I got my payment book. It's probably worth a call to GMAC.....I have to get the pay off amount from them anyway.
    I sell Chevrolets in Florida, and unless it is state regulated, you will find that to avoid a penalty you need to make the first 3 payments before you pay it off.
  • walletwallet Member Posts: 38
    In MA, several dealers told me I could pay the note off as soon as I got the paperwork in the mail. One single dealership told me I had to wait 90 days lest GM somehow bill me for the rebate.....
  • 2wheel2wheel Member Posts: 1
    We bought a 2004 Chevy Colorado today at a dealership in Northern California: extended cab, 4x4, 5cyl, 3.5L, auto, 3800mi for $19,500 cash before taxes & fees. Has premium sound, CD, XM radio, OnStar, alum. whls, power windows & locks, sliding rear window. Dealer price was $23,995. Purchase experience was easy.
  • sbmackiesbmackie Member Posts: 7
    Supplier discount $26,014. Got some front tint and a bed liner for $100 to close deal. Dealer fee (couldn't negotiate it away) $150, so $26,264. Less $4k in rebates...so $22,264 plus tax and license.(I am active duty military so got another $500 in rebates). Dealers agent was good, dealership management a pain. Used GMAC financing for one month, then paid off with credit union (4% for 5 years 50% loan to value) The credit guy at the dealership said it was a convenience issue with title work; no penalty for early payoff.
  • luv2fgtfireluv2fgtfire Member Posts: 1
    05 Colorado 4WD LS Crew Cab Z71 1SE 3.5L I5 Automatic w/ Heavy Duty Trailering Equipment ($270), Body Colored Wheel Flares ($100) & Body Side Moldings ($100) $28,355-MSRP. Paid $22,943.85 after GM Employee Discount and $2000 cash incentive. Tax, Title, License and Dealer Fees were extra.
  • orlando5orlando5 Member Posts: 5
    Why did the employee pricing change from end of July to September on Colorados? It appears GM is still advertising employee pricing but is it truly employee pricing since prices decreased approx. $700 - $1000? Employee pricing is usually a percentage off of invoice and the invoice price did not change on the colorado. Is this false advertising?
    I paid approx. $800 more in July than the current employee price in September even though I purchased with a dealership that participated in employee pricing.

I do not think I paid what GM employees paid as there advertising goes.
  • orlando5orlando5 Member Posts: 5
    I got the employee price after reviewing my contract.

The #14 posting is in error. No wrong doing by the dealership or GM.
  • tampaconsumertampaconsumer Member Posts: 2
    Hi, my brother just bought a 2006 Chevy Colorado Regular cab, 2WD, 5-speed manual Transmission, 2.8 liter/4-cylinder. He was telling me over the phone that the MSRP on the truck is $15,330 and the Invoice price is $16,260. when he said this, i got a very bad feeling that he got taken by the salesman. I looked over my papers from the purchase of my 2004 Silverado that i bought new back in mid-2004. It had an MSRP $27,260 and the Invoice price of $24,096. I believe that the Invoice for my brothers truck includes the Factory Holdback and possibly other in-valid charges. Can anyone on this forum tell me if i am reading these numbers correctly? Should the Invoice price always be quite lower than the MSRP? I read this really good site that is very imformative. The Factory Holdback is not supposed to be included in the buyers price as it is given back to the Dealership once it sales the vehicle. Please contact me if you have any information on this issue.

Thanks,

Juan, Tampa, FL
    I sell Chevys not that far from you, Invoice will always be lower than MSRP, I suspect your brother did not have his figures right. Holdback is not reflected in either MSRP or Invoice pricing, it is listed separately on the invoice. For the record, if you ask to see the invoice and the salesman refuses, you are in the wrong dealership. Today, since everyone has access to this info anyhow on the net, there is no reason not to be up front with all of this information.
  • c0mc0m Member Posts: 5
    Does $24,000 with $26000 OTD sound like a good price on a left over 2006 Canyon SLT 4x4 with an MSRP of about $32,000?
  • jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    Check the used price of your vehicle 06 with 100 miles on kbb.com, nada.com and edmunds.com. Take the average of the 2 lowest prices and add 1000-1500. The car is almost 2 years old. I'm assuming around $21000 is what you are looking at (closer to 20-21 if the build date on the drivers door well is in 05). Otd is not very descriptive as sales tax is 300- $2000 depending on State.

Do check into the 07 Nissan Frontier (they sell for 3500-4000) off MSRP or the Tacoma. (5000-6000 off MSRP). The quality differential, power and features are too good to mess with colorado/canyon as GM really screwed the pooch with it.

You are probably talking about 24-$27000 for a 07 crew Frontier or Tacoma with features of the SLT. The Honda Ridgeline may also be something you want to check out. (5000-6000 off MSRP)

If you want to go GM the Silverado Full size is the way to go. If published turning circle is correct, a Chev Silverado is the same as the Canyon in a fullsize truck, and much higher quality and power. Last summer the Silverado sold for 9-10k off MSRP and will probably do the same this year putting you in the 22-24000 range for a 07 Silverado (with the new 100k warranty).

Happy Hunting
    --jjf

Does $24,000 with $26000 OTD sound like a good price on a left over 2006 Canyon SLT 4x4 with an MSRP of about $32,000?
  • c0mc0m Member Posts: 5
    Thanks.
  • bobadbobad Member Posts: 1,587
    The Colorado is the only midsize truck I can find with a powerful 4cyl, double cab, and automatic. Anyone recently get one in that trim, and what did you pay?

Ford, Nissan, and Toyota don't seem to want business, so why is this forum so dead?
    See if you can work 10000 off msrp for a 07 Dodge Dakota 4x4 v6, (19000 range with lifetime powertrain warranty) or a nissan frontier 4x4 crew 21000-22000 range. A tacoma will cost you at least 23000-24000. The colorado interior an build quality are miserable and you should at least test drive the others to prove it. It would be less for a 2wd.

The Colorado is the only midsize truck I can find with a powerful 4cyl, double cab, and automatic. Anyone recently get one in that trim, and what did you pay?

Ford, Nissan, and Toyota don't seem to want business, so why is this forum so dead?
    Thanks for the reply jfritsch.

I want a double cab, strong 4cyl, automatic, and 2wd. I guess the Colorado is the only truck that can deliver all those requirements.

I would take a V6 if the purchase price and gas mileage weren't more than an I4, but I guess that ain't happenin'.

I know the Colorado's interior is no great shakes, but I'm not style conscious for work trucks. Are you saying the Colorado's mechanicals are poor? I thought the Vortec 2.9L and Hydramatic were considered rock solid. Am I hearing wrong?

Thanks,,,
    If you look at the specs, you have an awful heavy truck paired with a 4 cyl. Even the I5 5 cyl colorado is criticized for being underpowered. The reason you can only find one option in a crew cab 4 cyl is that it isn't a good idea.

If the real world hwy/city mpg of the others would be about 19mpg, I wouldn't trade a weak truck for 22 mpg. The mileage might not even pan out. Check out the new mileage specs for the 08s (which is supposed to be more "realistic") and see. Perhaps there is a real world mpg forum for the colorado like the other vehicles.

I drove the colorado 4cyl in addition to the others and the body roll (with a 200 lb passenger), handling, build quality and power were miserable. No comparison to the quality of Chev's Big Silverado and other more mid size offerings. Plus with the others you can tow 6000+ pounds.

Given the choices, I would not buy the 07 4 cyl crew colorado in a 4x4 unless well under 19-20k. A 2wd even less. This is if you have many GM points and need to use them.

Good luck
    --jjf
    Yea, I do have about $2K worth of GM points. :D

Look, I have an old Toyota that is surprisingly heavy, and has a 105hp 4cyl. Now that truck has always been a dog, and I've lived with it happily for 14 years. I don't need to drive faster than 65mph, I don't need to tow, and I don't need a 0-60 time in under 10 seconds. So I figured the 185hp would be fine.

I do get your drift about a 4cyl. If you are impatient or tow, a big 4cyl can be less fuel efficient than a small 6cyl. I am concerned with every MPG, considering that gas may be $8 a gallon in 5 years.

While the power issue doesn't bother me, I am concerned with your comments about build quality. I thought the GM I4, Hydramatic, and driveline were reliable, but apparently you know something I don't. Do you care to elaborate?

Thanks,,,
    In my drives I was noting the interior quality, body fit and finish, handling, comfort and power.

As far as statistical quality for mechanics goes, Consumer reports yearly automotive survey at your library has the most comprehensive survey of reliability available.

Good luck
    --jjf

Yea, I do have about $2K worth of GM points.

Look, I have an old Toyota that is surprisingly heavy, and has a 105hp 4cyl. Now that truck has always been a dog, and I've lived with it happily for 14 years. I don't need to drive faster than 65mph, I don't need to tow, and I don't need a 0-60 time in under 10 seconds. So I figured the 185hp would be fine.

I do get your drift about a 4cyl. If you are impatient or tow, a big 4cyl can be less fuel efficient than a small 6cyl. I am concerned with every MPG, considering that gas may be $8 a gallon in 5 years.

While the power issue doesn't bother me, I am concerned with your comments about build quality. I thought the GM I4, Hydramatic, and driveline were reliable, but apparently you know something I don't. Do you care to elaborate?

Thanks,,,
  • poncho167poncho167 Member Posts: 1,178
    I don't consider CR to be a legitimate source for auto info. It's one scandle after another with CR outsourcing drivers seat tests and making a public announcement about the contractor who messed up the test giving 8-11 bad ratings incorrectly. CR bases its owner evaluations off of those who subscribe to the rag so who knows why some of their subscribers respond and why others don't.
  • bwherrbwherr Member Posts: 1
    A left over, never titled 2006 Chevrolet Colorado with a window sticker of $21,230.00 can be mine for $16,500.00 plus tax and title. Is this a fair price?
    Look up your vehicle used on kbb.om or edmunds .com since that is what your car is now for practical purposes. That may be a mediocre price on a new 07 much less an 06.

Good luck
    --jjf

A left over, never titled 2006 Chevrolet Colorado with a window sticker of $21,230.00 can be mine for $16,500.00 plus tax and title. Is this a fair price?
    I would try to get at least another $500 off.
  • misha1957misha1957 Member Posts: 6
    I never throught I would buy a Colorado because the automotive press has always been so hard on them, but the deals over the past few weeks were too good to resist. Frankly, once I test drove one, it was clear the press had really exaggerated any drawbacks compared to the Tacoma. Also, after reading on the internet about Tacoma's un-resolved "engine surge" issues and the company's refusal to acknowledge them, I really soured on getting one of those. I had also considered Nissan's Frontier, but the company's reliability record has been generally no better (or worse) than Chevy's on JD Powers surveys the past few years, so I couldn't justify the higher price. Basically, the small-sized GM trucks started looking better and better, and the massive incenrtives finally enticed me. Anyhow, I digress. Here was my buying experience on Sunday, 21 September 2008.

I did massive research on he internet, so I walked in knowing exactly what I wanted, and exactly what I was willing to pay. I found exactly what I was looking for and called the dealer up to make sure it was still in-stock - a 2008, Colorado Crew Cab, LT, 5 Cyl, RWD, in Dark Ruby pretty well "loaded" with:
    - Leather seats & Leather wrapped steering wheel
    - Power seats (both passenger & driver)
    - Heated seats
    - Side air bags
    - Power windows, locks and mirrors
    - Sunroof/moonroof
    - 6-disc,CD changer w/ XM & MP3
    - Sliding rear window
    - Chrome wheels (basically extra-shiney "alloy" wheels)
    - Onstar
    - Bedliner
    - probably a couple of things I'm forgetting

MSRP was 27,5XX, GM Employee price was 24,7XX, minus $1,500 "cash back" it came to $23,265, and after subtracting an additional $1,500 in GM credit-card discounts, it came to $21,765. Unfortunately sales tax was $1,800, which pretty much wiped out my GM-card benefits - Maryland sucks for sales tax.

The dealer's finance guy got us 4.9% interest over 60 months thru BoA (which beat my bank's pre-approved 5.44%).

I'd newer used this dealer before (Ourisman Rockmont, in Rockville MD), but they were fine, and very efficient. The entire process from walking in, to driving home took about 1hr 20 minutes.

So far, so good. I'm happy with my purchase. We'll see how it holds up over time; maybe I'll post a follow up in a few months.

Regards,

Mike R.
  • bob_gromskibob_gromski Member Posts: 1
    With apologies to Will Rogers...like Ralph Nader and Joan Claybrook, Consumer Reports has never met an automobile they didn't hate.
    Over the last fifteen to twenty years, CR has so obviously become associated (infiltrated?) with neo-paganist earth worshippers, that I would no longer consider taking their "scientific" advice on which toaster to buy, let alone something as technologically advanced as an automobile.
    CR auto surveys (done since 1964?) are the most comprehensive thing the consumer has for auto reliability period. Some faults I guess can be made but the overall picture is probably accurate. Also the difference between the worst quartile and best quartile has shrunk over the years. Perhaps years ago the best quartile dropped 6 transmissions per hundred vehicles and the worst 20 trannys per hundred.
    Now it may be 3 and 10 or so. All quality has improved. Although the worst is still all black dots.

I cannot believe anyone would buy a Colorado after test driving it to the Tacoma or Frontier. (Only comparing CR figures and jd powers stuff a big mistake, the build quality and robustness diff is tremendous. Colorado nowhere near approaches Silverado, Tacoma or Frontier in quality. Similar 2wd Crew Frontiers were blown out at around 20k or so the last month or two. Tacoma managed to hold up their snotty prices as there are a lot of Toyota freaks that will pay up.

Frontier and Tacoma have powerful v6's, heavy duty towing, robust build quality etc. Dodge Dakota was tolerable with lifetime powertrain but you need at least 10-12k off its inflated 29-33k msrp to be tolerable. Ridgeline 08 awd v6 at 8-10k off all day is excellent for a 21-23k purchase and may be superior to any 2wd purchase.

A quick look and test drive at any of them would put the Ridgeline, Powerful Frontier Possibly Tacoma or V8 Dakota well above the miserable Colorado with poor towing an "V5" underpowered engine. Most people would easily see this, regardless of magazine ratings. Body roll with a 250 pound man in the passenger rear crew seat was frightening. Avoid getting tied up with Gm's marketing gimmick cards. You need a full size truck, Silverado fine. Mid size colorado and compact cars are mediocre. You're locked in.

Am sympathetic to the pinko bent perceived on some other CR stuff with but the auto survey, continued and improved for 40 years has remained relatively pure, with no gross distortions. Most useful and comprehensive survey available regardless.

Avoid the Colorado, let the test drives be you guide.

good luck
    --jjf
    Anyone who is serious about and knows autos/trucks doesn't follow Consumer Reports. The company does its surveys on only its subscribing base to their rag. Who knows why those people are responding to their surveys or why they are not. What are their demographics?

I would take CR into consideration when it comes to refrigerators, lawnmowers, microwaves, drills, etc., but not auto's.

CR had their big apology a couple years ago after the company who they outsourced to test child car seats gave an incorrect report in stating 8-11 were bad.

Car/truck magazines are good sources and JD Power and Wards are also legitimate but leave CR to toasters.
  • catkencatken Member Posts: 6
    Can yoy get a 5speed man. with the 3.7 . Ken
  • jpfjpf Member Posts: 496
    If you want more proof the Colorado / Canyon are crappy trucks just check out the discussion under Colorado Engine Problems. Engines self-destructing within 30-50 thousand miles does not inspire confidence in these trucks. GM would have been better off updating the S10 / Sonoma. The 4.3 V6 found in these trucks was more durable than the Colorado /Canyon 3.5 or 3.7.
    I wouldn't say they are crappy trucks at all. I drive a 1992 S10 that I just can't get rid of and yes I agree that the previous models are more heavy duty, It is a known fact based on the towing, etc. The 4.3 L is probably the most durable V6 ever made and the previous generation 2.5 iron duke and 2.8 V6 which I have were very good as well.

I have driven the Canyon/Colorado's and like them fine. I would get the base four banger. The truck has had some issues for sure with the valve seals and the front suspension but overall its an ok truck. My nephew has a 2005 I5 that has been trouble free. Not all the trucks have defects luckily.
  • fheiserfheiser Member Posts: 2
    Well, I think there is good proof now that not all the engine choices are unsound. I am one of the few that plans to buy one of the '09 Colorados with the V8! Gets as good or better (mostly better) mileage than the competion's V6's get. And 300 hp? 0-60 in less than 7 sec.? And let's not forget what just a mild amount of tweaking can do to improve both power and mpg.
    I am a little turned off by how unrefined the interior is but the truck itself is more than capable and frankly, right now, I would also like to just support an American car manufacturer.
    Anybody else have any thoughts on the V8? I know most think it's pointless at this time in the economy, but that's part of the reason I'm buying, it might be a fairly rare truck if no one else buys the V8.
  • jpfjpf Member Posts: 496
    You may want to compare it with the Dakota (i.e. 0 to 60, etc.). I think you can get the Dakota with a hemi. Good luck.
    The V8 is really not that bad of a decision mileage wise with this lighter truck to pull around.

With the whole auto industry suffering (not just American) including Toyota's historical downslide, people are being very cautious with unneccessary purchases. I also feel that people are starting to feel guilty by purchasing Japanese vehicles because they are no better than domestic American products in most segments.
    The Dodge hemi engines are just ok engines. The 440 Magnum engines of the 1960's were Chrysler's prefered engine for racing. The hemi's were unreliable and inefficient. Todays hemi's are much more reliable and efficient but no where as efficient as GM's V8 engines. The hemispherical head design of the hemi is not a good design for mileage.

That V8 engine option in the Colorado will return much better mileage than a Chrysler Hemi.
    That is silly, many domestic cars are surpassed in quality by "imports". The UAW and congress forced the "domestics" into a corner and they built large trucks, the only place they could make a profit with huge labor costs. UAW will survive, clipping a lower paid workforce in autos for dues.
    They are more competitive in heavy equipment and earthmoving equipment plants where their higher salaries are more justifiable.

Years and years of making a profit on trucks, and losing money on all the passenger cars, just keeping up market share.

With 1000's of suppliers everwhere, supplying american workers in "foreign" plants in the south, vs "domestic" in the north, with some auto's (pontiacs vibe and toyota's matrix) actually made in the same plant.

The only thing that distinguishes them is the chrome plastic emblem on the grille and the trunk, and thats probably made in China.

The Colorado is the worst example I know of. Any test drive comparison between the Frontier and Tacoma will put them way out front in all areas, especially for the same price. The Dakota V8 possibly if you have to tow, but it may be too expensive. The Colorado ranks just ahead of the 18 year old Ford Ranger, which isn't saying much. Go with the others even if you have a lot of GM points.

Good luck
    --jjf
  • 04cad04cad Member Posts: 131
    I guess the UAW and congress forced the imports to build new plants in the U.S. to build their own full size trucks and four wheel drive trucks? Just because the import companies don't have the retiree burden and are more profitable, doesn't make the Big 3 or UAW wrong in having that obligation.

Until the gas companies raised gas prices to $4.00 per gallon, the Big 3, including GM were doing okay. The UAW has given lots of concessions in the last 20 years to try and make the Big 3 more viable, and the quality of domestic vehicles has shot up, surpassing some imports in the same class of vehicle.

GM trucks (GMC and Chevrolet) have outsold all trucks in the U.S. for years and years, they have the best mpg in their class today, for years they have had a very high resale value. Malibu is higher rated than the imports in quality and I believe owner satisfaction?

Canyon and Colorado may have some issues, but if you look at the forums here and elsewhere, their competition have problems also.

Anti-American sentiments about vehicles or other issues are a big part of what is wrong with our economy today. It isn't enough for some people that the UAW and Big 3 have made huge strides in quality, design, mpg, and durability, while still having a living wage, with decent benefits, some people just like to bash American made products and workers.

To those who bash the UAW and it's workers, keep in mind, they have donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to the American public over the years through United Way, Christmas donations, thanksgiving food giveaways, gate collections for burn out victims, etc.
    Nobody here bashing the American working man. I know many. I love my Honda built in Ohio. Have a cousin who is a manager for Toyota in Kentucky. I work in America. Both have college degrees who were on the line. Flexible at many tasks, no bloated whales in blue shirts and golf carts drinking coffee (stewards) in their endless pissing contests with management "protecting the worker".

No 3 skilled trades taking 8 days to coordinate their busy schedules to change a light bulb. No union grievances from some hack finding a saleried man changing his own lightbulb. Union work rules, artificial in many cases to keep headcount high are extinct.

Those of us who were involved with the U.S industry and saw the UAW are amazed they kept the ball in the air this long. UAW will survive in heavy industry, trucks, heavy equipment where their higher wages can be justified.

GM trucks (GMC and Chevrolet) have outsold all trucks in the U.S. for years and years, they have the best mpg in their class today, for years they have had a very high resale value. Malibu is higher rated than the imports in quality and I believe owner satisfaction?

Great trucks-- Silverado and F series can take on all comers.. no doubt. Colorado is a miserable entry to the mid- size market. Problem is they lose money on everything else with this business model. Without the big trucks they are bankrupt.
    Whether the mediocre passenger cars or the better ones like Malibu, the profits aren't there. It's irrelevant what Malibu or others rate, if it can't be sold at a profit and costs are too high.(and you need profits to pay health benefits for employees and retirees. )

Big fan of the American worker. Big skeptic of many of the 7% or so captive in private sector unions like AFl-CIO, Teamsters, and of course the worst -- UAW.

Of course the Democrats in Govt who get their cut of union payroll thru dues and political contributions probably didn't help either.

Good luck
    --jjf

Anti-American sentiments about vehicles or other issues are a big part of what is wrong with our economy today. It isn't enough for some people that the UAW and Big 3 have made huge strides in quality, design, mpg, and durability, while still having a living wage, with decent benefits, some people just like to bash American made products and workers.

...living wage.... decent benefits..... $70/hr labor costs, the most gold plated benefits for high school graduates and retiress out there.... and you're babbling about a "living wage" and "decent" benefits. The average shmuck, many with college is out there for about $28.00/hr union or not.

because the import companies don't have the retiree burden and are more profitable, doesn't make the Big 3 or UAW wrong in having that obligation

No, very wrong .....if they're unrealistic there is no obligation. Bankruptcy and bye bye. No company no obligation. This is true whether the retiree on a company pension is union or not.
  • misha1957misha1957 Member Posts: 6
    Greetings from Maryland! Today is Saturday, 28 Nov 2009, and I just wanted to post an update to my original message from Sep 2008.

I have put 23,800 miles on my Colorado, and it has performed very well. No problems or quality issues at all. I average between 21 and 22 MPG with the 5cyl engine. My commute is about 70% highway miles.

My only complaint is with the seating. In spite of having the eight-way power adjustments, it's tough to get perfectly comfortable. Either my legs are too close to the pedals, or the steering wheel is too far from my hands. But, I've been able to find a position that's an OK compromise.

All in all, after 15 months, and nearly 24K miles, I'm still pretty darned satisfied with my purchase.

Respectfully,

Mike R
  • flymoreflymore Member Posts: 1
    Some dealers here have 2011 Colorado's on closeout price for 16k - it's a work truck with 4cyl 2.9L and automatic.
    It has cruise - which is really important to me.

Is it worth 16k? Should I counter offer something else??

Anybody?? :)
  • rmikolajczykrmikolajczyk Member Posts: 13
    Bought a 2004 Colorado new. It is the best truck I have every owned. Has 5 cyl, with 4 whell drive. Have just clocked over 250,000 miles and still running strong. Have not had one major problem.