Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Focus Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jbaaronjbaaron Member Posts: 4
    jfritsch,

What does the window sticker list for options/features and what's the MSRP? Depending on what it says, I'll tell you what I think. The options/features are on the right side of the windows sticker. One thing to note, if it comes with the safety package for $750.00 dollars then make sure you see a discount of -$400.00 off the MSRP on the bottom right side of the window sticker. I noticed one dealer that did not show this discount and it's very disturbing. Also, are you going to have a trade in? If so, what's the make, model, year, options/features, current mileage, and the condition of the trade in (excellent, good, fair, or poor)?

One other thing, when you say OTD, does that include TT&L?
  • delcorbettdelcorbett Member Posts: 11
    The only options is the auto trans which he charged 815 the msrp price for, not 791, invoice price of option. Destination charge is 620 as per edmunds.com, but he charged 595, the MRSP he maid up is 16180 including auto and destination. The final otd price is 12,223 or so it claims. This dealer is probabley low balling me the price and when I get there it will be gone. So will if they try that crud.
  • jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    These vehicles are regularly advertised for about 5000-6000 off MSRP. An MSRP $18500 SES wholesales used under $12000 after year 1. The low end S models are frequently in teaser ads selling for 6000-7000 off.

Get a big discount, as the MSRP is fantasy.

Good luck
    --jjf
  • jbaaronjbaaron Member Posts: 4
    After researching the Focus SE / SES, I selected the options/features I needed (Auto, Perimeter Alarm, etc.) Living in Houston played a big part in the options/features I needed. Since it hot/humid, traffic sucks, and car thieves, I needed A/C, Auto, Alarm, etc.). I wanted the Convenience Group and Safety Package since I spend roughly 3 hours commuting everyday to and from work. I was flexible on several colors but not on the interior because I personally think the Pebble would easily show dirt or stains.

Now, finding the car I wanted at the price I was willing to pay ($5000 to $6000 off MSRP) was the hard part. I kept finding the exterior and interior colors I wanted but the options/features I needed were not all there. On the same token, I found the options/features I needed but like I said, I really didn’t like a car that was Kiwi green or one with the Pebble interior. The hardest part was getting the dealer that had the car you wanted at the price you were willing to pay.

This is when I decided to go with the SES since I made it easier to get what I needed and wanted but it was running about $800 to $1000 dollars more. This was okay because it kept me in about the same price range because it came with some of the options I needed or wanted. I was flexible with the other options/features but only if it kept the car in the price range I was willing to pay for it. The options/features I’m referring to are the expensive interior and exterior packages. By choosing this route, it provided me with more dealers to negotiate with.

I finally found the car I wanted and the dealer was willing to negotiate because as they say they are ready to move the car for newer model coming in. I pushed really hard for $6000 (includes $2500 Ford rebate) off the MSRP. I played the game and worked my way down slowly and when I hit $5500 mark, I said we’re either going to make a deal at this price or I’m going to another dealer because I don’t want to waste anymore of my time. He said it’s a deal and sold it to me.

In the end, I got my favorite exterior and interior colors and all the options/features I wanted except for the Safety Package, which is okay. I still got 2 airbags and since the car is very light, I could live without the ABS brakes. For a heavier car or truck, I would have definitely needed ABS braking but I was flexible with this. I did end up with the 6-DISC in-dash w/MP3 player, tinted windows, and the weather package, which I really needed down here in Houston.

SO, I AGREE! The MSRP on any vehicle is a FANTASY PRICE! On the Focus, I would not buy it unless you’re getting $5000 to $6000 off MSRP. I really wanted $6000 off but I settled for $5500 off and I would have not gone any lower. I personally think it’s best to flat out tell the dealer that this is the most you will pay for it once you reach the point during negotiating and if they don’t like it then leave. After all, it’s your money you’re talking about.

Also, I would like to point out that you have the option of a $2500 rebate or 0% percent financing but not both on the Ford Focus when you finance through Ford. I know they will give you both on specific but more expensive cars, SUV’s or trucks. Either way, you have to go through FMCC and if you take the $2500 rebate, you’re subject to Ford financing at a higher rate and it will not be 0% percent. After they checked my credit, I fell into Fords Tier 1 financing, which means it’s their best category and it was 8.99% percent. After all, they have to find a way to recoup the rebate money. I did question it because I wanted to finance it through my bank or just pay it in full. The dealership showed me the document that outlined the terms and conditions for both the rebate and 0% percent financing. Well, it was there so I asked if I could pay it off early without any penalties and they said yes. They showed me the financing contract I had to sign and it stated there were no penalties for early payoff. Well, I decided that I would pay it off after the first payment by taking a loan against my 401K plan. After all, if your going to pay finance charges, you might as well pay yourself the finance charges but at 3.99% percent. I hope this helps.
  • lablover2lablover2 Member Posts: 115
    found a kiwi green auto trans which listed for $17,690 with destination-just got a dealer price of $13,683 which includes the $2500 rebate-i think that is way too high, am i right?
    base price 14825
    auto- 815
    sport group 475
    moonroof 625
    amb. lighting295
    colored body 60

dest 595
    msrp 17690
    rebate 2500
    invoice 16,683
    dealer disc 500 ?

shouldn't at least another $1,000 come off of their price?
    Yes, you want about 5000-6000 off these machines. A 17xxx Focus wholesales used for 10k in 12 months.

Good Luck
    --jjf

found a kiwi green auto trans which listed for $17,690 with destination-just got a dealer price of $13,683 which includes the $2500 rebate-i think that is way too high, am i right?
    base price 14825
    auto- 815
    sport group 475
    moonroof 625
    amb. lighting295
    colored body 60

dest 595
    msrp 17690
    rebate 2500
    invoice 16,683
    dealer disc 500 ?

shouldn't at least another $1,000 come off of their price?
  • lablover2lablover2 Member Posts: 115
    no luck with the dealer-price is the best they can do-and, no other ford dealers have responded for quotes-see why ford is not doing well?
    Hit 20-30 dealers end of month with emails for bids on your model in several colors. SE/SES brown, etc. Out of the 1/2 who respond, work the top 3 against each other. If you only solicited 3-5 bids from the locals (the usual suspects) that may explain your problem.

Unfortunately american car franchisees whether Honda or Ford etc are pretty much the same in tactics etc. The parent american companies problems stem far more from low producivity and a $75/hr labor cost for many folks with hardly a GED. Even outsourcing half a plants business to smaller shops with a $30/hr cost doesn't help.

Good luck
    --jjf

no luck with the dealer-price is the best they can do-and, no other ford dealers have responded for quotes-see why ford is not doing well?
  • wlw2wlw2 Member Posts: 1
    I went into the Maroone Ford dealership in Margate, FL about 7:00 pm on July 3rd. This is a high volume dealership that is normally exceptionally busy. On this night there were only two customers in the showroom. I wanted to get a Focus for my youngest son.
    We looked at a SE with a sticker price of $16,740. The dealer add-ons kicked the price to around $17,500.
    I offered the salesman 13 K out the door which he declined. It was obviously a slow night as the sales manager then came over when he saw I was done negotiating and said they would take the deal if I took Ford financing (which was high). I took their offer even though I wasn't totally thrilled with the finance rate.
    I'm pretty happy with the deal ($13 K OTD) but think I could have gotten another $500 off the price if I wanted to haggle longer - which I didn't as it was approaching 8:30 pm and I was ready to go.
  • delcorbettdelcorbett Member Posts: 11
    Was that the dealership at 16800 57th ave.? I went to that maroone ford wit ha internet price quote in hand, got there, and they switched me between 6 different dealers every time the car they said they had turned out to be "sold". They tryed to pawn a "demo" with almost 3000 miles on it off on me. I got the run around and they kept me waiting for hours, They failed to honor the rules and regulations of the Ford X-plan by not showing me the invoice and x-plan price without first agreeing to a final price first.

When I did, ohh that car was sold. But we have a similar one at similar savings. BS if you ask me. Luis ochoa there internet sales manager was polite in between keeping me waiting for 20 minutes at a time. A gentleman named Richard, with a nigerian accent was very rude and said he would not put options that he promised in writing. It must have been a off day for sales.

They would not even honor there own price quote even on a similarly equipped car. They didn't update there website and the car they said they sold is still mentioned there.

I drove straight to maroone chevy the next day and bought a 07 cobalt. Absolutley not one hassle, in and out in less then a hour with my new wheels.
  • guest7guest7 Member Posts: 2
    I am looking for a focus zx3 ES 2dr hatchback with options autotransmission and safety package.

One of the responding deals offered an out-of-door price 13,188. Is this a reasonable price? or it should be less? The MSRP is $16,460.
  • gsquare58gsquare58 Member Posts: 5
    Where in the country are they advertising teaser prices for under $10,000? The lowest I have ever seen around here is $11,999. I've also seen $2500 below invoice. Considering the rebate that seems about right with an invoice cost. I realize there are holdbacks and incentives that make the dealer more money but how can they sell $5-6K under MSRP? Are you talking about the factory MSRP or the one the dealers print up with all types of ridiculous add-ons like pin stripes and paint protection? Also what does the wholesale price in one year have to do with the purchase price of a new car? All cars depreciate the minute you buy them. Is there a way to get the dealer to absorb this?
  • luckystar2luckystar2 Member Posts: 1
    Here in Houston, 07 ford focus is &10988 auto,air,tilt,cruise,am/fm,p/m/l...
  • guest7guest7 Member Posts: 2
    which trim did you get?
    Was there any asterisk about "plus your $2000 trade" or "with your $2500 down payment"? They do that a lot around here. Did you actually buy this car or go see it? Was the car brand new? I'm just wondering why they don't seem that desperate around here.
  • tkfitztkfitz Member Posts: 95
    Portsmouth Ford NH Google them look up their flyer on the site.
    2007 S sedan or hatch for 9995 MSRP is about 14000
    No AC etc....5 speed
    And that price is derived from MSRP less rebates etc...
    Buying one with AC and a few extras adds about 1500 to the advertised price.
    I think there might even be an extra 500 off for a motivated buyer.
    NO ONE should pay for any dealer add-ons.....EVER.....
    Good spot on the lowest price so far!!! That car is about as stripped as you can get. I live in Florida and any car without an AC would be unsellable at almost any price. I agree another $500 off would be needed even up north. It still doesn't seem low enough especially considering you have to take the Ford financing. I looked at the flyer and it's only $4600 off the MSRP and it's a real ugly duckling. Around here I've seen $11,999 for an S with just AC and auto. Of course the dealer will sneak in their $400 fee. I still haven't seen the $5-6K off anything someone would really want. I agree also about the dealer add ons. I think they put them there to pad the price so they can give people more for trade-ins.
  • tkfitztkfitz Member Posts: 95
    I look at it this way- It is about 2/3 of the MSRP even if it is less than 5000 off the price. That is a pretty good discount. Try that for a Corolla. $12000 would buy a SE without the auto. There is really not much else on the market now that compares well at this price level. After a couple payments the Ford finance could be paid off early-no penalty for prepayment there.
    I think you misunderstand me. I agree these cars are a great value. Even at invoice minus the $2500 you can't beat it. I just didn't see the $5-6K off that was being mentioned. Maybe for a stripped S model. You're right about the Corolla. Sure they have a better resale but with a Focus you get your money upfront rather than waiting until you sell it. I also sometimes wonder about the resale values they mention for a 1-2 year old Corolla. Why would someone buy used when for a couple thousand you could get a new car with a full factory warranty?
  • moomaster716moomaster716 Member Posts: 1
    I'm in the process of buying my first new car, Here's what I'm working with

20 yrs old
    had credit since I was 18 and a 753 credit score, Not that it matters though because this if my first major purpose.

I went to my local Ford dealer alone to see how this whole negotiating process goes and ended up negotiating a ZX3(base 5-speed, a/c, side curtain air bags and abs) with a final price of 17,614 w/tax/licencing first offer was $276@ 72 months with $1000 down @ 9% APR. I laughed and nearly walked out. He offered me a ZX3 with power everything, automatic, alloy rims and abs; However, it lacked Side impact airbags which I really wanted. After a bit more negotiating and some of the rebate offers applied, the price lowered to $12,165. Since I never was going to actually buy it I said thanks and started to walk to my car. When I was leaving he offered me payments of $232 @72 months and AR of 7.1%. After reading all this, I think I could have negotiated a bit lower and maybe asked for a lower interest rate.

Also as a side note, The original ZX3 I looked att he bare s model, was at a dealers special price of around $10.5k but since I wasn't really there to buy I didn't bring the ad and when I asked to see it, they said they would need to see the ad. The car in the ad was maroon and the only ZX3 there was maroon so perhaps I could have just started everything at that price.

I'm really certain I'll be purchasing a focus but perhaps I should hurry before the new 08 comes around and takes away all the rebates. I'll be buying the car in 2 months so should I start submiting internet offers now or later?
  • inceptorinceptor Member Posts: 2
    Hayward Ford in the San Francisco Bay Area is advertising six of these cars at $9,995 this week. I'm considering buying something like a Focus ST and taking advantage of the $3,000 cash back.
  • greenponygreenpony Member Posts: 531
    Red 2007 Focus ZX4 SES with no options: $13,200.

Purchased from Golf Mill Ford in Niles, IL. This is apparently the largest Ford dealership in Illinois, and their salespeople are typical of car salesmen in that they use high pressure tactics. Would not recommend. However this was the only dealership in the area that had 5-speed Focuses that were not bare bones or fully optioned.
  • focusbuyer2007focusbuyer2007 Member Posts: 1
    How did everyone get $5500 discount? I got quotes from dealers in IN, IL, MI, and MO. The best discount is $4000...
    Could anybody give me a hint which dealer I should contact with?
  • newflownewflow Member Posts: 5
    13050 + fee + tax = 14611
    Is it a deal? I am afraid I pay too much.

Thanks
    need numbers for msrp and fees. Also the model would be helpful. On the surface it doesn't look to bad.

--jjf

13050 + fee + tax = 14611
    Is it a deal? I am afraid I pay too much.
    Thanks for your input.

MSRP is around 17000
    Model is standard SES model(4 door sedan)

fee: 232
    tax: 1328
  • kamysingerkamysinger Member Posts: 8
    Does anyone know what is the price range for a manual ZX3 2007 focus (with AC)? get I get one for 11K?
    Sure you can get the under 11K. DO ENOUGH research and find some one which know how to negotiate to help when talk to the dealer
  • lilboyracerlilboyracer Member Posts: 3
    Am being offered 16.5k OTD on a 07 zx4 st. This includes x-plan plus ford rebate 2500. Dealer says he cannot go below x plan pricing and refuses to negotiate further. Is this fair price?
    MSRP 18900 with installed 6disc cd plus traction control plus heated seats.
    Michigan sales tax is 6%.

Is this a good deal or is it wiser to pick up an 05 with 30K miles, certfied used for 14k OTD???

Is it true that they cannot go below x plan?
    Don't know x-plan.
    But I feel it is expensive. I wouldn't buy if I were you.
    My friend told he bought a Toyota camery with 15000 two years ago.
    My 2 cents for reference
  • basskleffbasskleff Member Posts: 4
    My brother and I just hammered a deal for my mother.
    We did well. 07 Focus ZX4 SES with auto, weather package(heated seats) and safety package (ABS and side airbags). $13800 + tax. No doc fee. That includes $2500 of rebates. MSRP was 17,660 and that was an old list price, because the car was delivered in June/July 2006.
    It took a lot of hammering,walking out, phone calling. The stories about a bona-fide $5k-6k + off MSRP are lies or sheer hyperbole. Show me the signed motor vehicle purchase contract, and I'll believe it. Yeah, there are good deals to be had, but these dealers don't give it up. In fact, a number of them are saying "oh they're 4 cylinder, economical cars in huge demand, these care won't stick around ..."

There are a lot of high volume, fake lowest price Ford dealers in MA who put out the lost leader ads in papers showing incredible deals, but when you go there you're given all sorts of stories and shifty back pedaling. These guys are scumbags, and they waste your time. Try a mom and pop smaller dealership like we did that has 1 sitting on their lot. You're better off going to a place that prides themselves on customer service, one price no hassle, and then break their rules by hammering on a sitting car on their lot. Screw the high volume dealers like Herb Chambers who are billionaires with glitzy showrooms and "capaccino bars". Like advertising that sexy new dealership is going to make me want to put more money in his pocket.
    I have an offer, please let me know what do you think?
    Focus 5 DR ZX5 manual, 07 (I think it is SES)
    Has 50S safety package (ABS, front and side airbags)
    Interior upgrade package (20U)
    Leather sport bucket seats (?)
    Power moonroof
    The car has 5,000 miles on it. The salesman told me it is was in the use of the manager and it is actually new and I will be the first owner. However, later in carfax I can see that first owner is already listed (for two month). So I don’t know.
    I was told that I get 100,000 miles/5 years extended warranty (“premium care”) because it was in use. I asked him if it’s the manufacturer warranty. He said it’s of the dealership but it covers the whole states and it covers everything. I think this is nice but I suspect that I am missing something here.
    The price he offered is 15,750$. I didn’t even offer a counter offer (actually I didn’t even test drive the car because I forget my license).
    There is no question that I have no intention to pay even close to this offer.
    I would be happy to hear your opinion about this
    not worth that amount money.
    Move on.
    You want about 5000-5500 off msrp for a new focus. Add about 1200-1500 off msrp for the 5000 miles and you want about 6500+ off msrp for this vehicle. Otherwise move on.

Good luck
    --jjf

have an offer, please let me know what do you think?
    Focus 5 DR ZX5 manual, 07 (I think it is SES)
    Has 50S safety package (ABS, front and side airbags)
    Interior upgrade package (20U)
    Leather sport bucket seats (?)
    Power moonroof
    The car has 5,000 miles on it. The salesman told me it is was in the use of the manager and it is actually new and I will be the first owner. However, later in carfax I can see that first owner is already listed (for two month). So I don’t know.
    I was told that I get 100,000 miles/5 years extended warranty (“premium care”) because it was in use. I asked him if it’s the manufacturer warranty. He said it’s of the dealership but it covers the whole states and it covers everything. I think this is nice but I suspect that I am missing something here.
    The price he offered is 15,750$. I didn’t even offer a counter offer (actually I didn’t even test drive the car because I forget my license).
    There is no question that I have no intention to pay even close to this offer.
    I would be happy to hear your opinion about this
  • jeffyscottjeffyscott Member Posts: 3,855
    Add about 1200-1500 off msrp for the 5000 miles...

My guess would be that they can find a buyer who will be willing to settle for a lot less than 25-30 cents per mile off for the 5000 miles on it. Not saying less would be a good deal or something I would settle for

Also the extended warranty has some value. But because of the 5 year limit, it's value to the buyer kind of depends on how much they drive.

If your description is correct, it looks like invoice on a new one is about $15K, after taking off the $2500 rebate. So I'd think that would be the most you should have to pay and that is only assuming the value of the warranty to you is about equal to the discount you think you should get for the mileage.

The suggested $6500 off MSRP would appear to be about $12,500.
    Thank you all.
    I just want to mention that the 15,750$ offer is OTD.
    The MSRP with all the options is 17,800$
    There is a 2500 rebate
    I am still confused. Do you think I should pay for this car 13K (or something like 14K OTD)? or is it too much for this car?
  • zombietom3zombietom3 Member Posts: 74
    If you calculated the MSRP correctly then the dealer discount in that offer looks like about $1000, depending on which state you are in. That puts the deal at $3500 below. Offer $1500 less and be firm - see what happens when you refuse their decline. They might well agree or counter close enough to make you happy. I was just offered a well loaded BRAND NEW 07 ZX5 SES (AT, Safety, ... no moonroof, MSRP about $19045) for $15240 plus TTL That was an email offer, before any haggling. That was $3800 below and I figured there was maybe another thousand to be had by haggle. If I could buy now I would go for it at 14500 + TTL, but I need to wait until next summer to buy.

Second thoughts: I forgot about the premium care extended warranty. That should be adding at least $2k to the value, and might be taking the total discount to 5500 below MSRP. I personally consider this car more reliable than most and will not be buy an extended warranty next time, but it is worth something nonetheless. Back to MSRP, I get $19730 MSRP from Edmunds if that were an SES, $18900 if an SE, and the S doesn't offer the options you listed. The deal may well be a great offer already. You can still offer less and see what happens.

My personal feeling is that I don't need to squeeze the very last dollar out of the dealer. I don't mind if he makes something, just as long as my deal is reasonably competitive. I don't want him trying to re-capture his lost profit any time I show up for maintenance.
  • anlinaanlina Member Posts: 52
    Sorry for the double post.

I'm new to this forum, and just decided to consider the Focus SE. I'd like cruise control, side air bags and ABS.
    I'm in Southern CA. What would be your guess of a best price I should try for?

Thanks!
    You want about 4700-6000 off msrp for a 07 Focus. Sometimes the low end S models are advertised with 1 car teasers for 6000-7000 off. A 19000 focus barely wholesales for 11500 in a year. (kbb.com, nada.com) Get bids from 10-20 dealers end of month via email and work the top 2-3.

Good luck
    --jjf
    I am not sure about 14K you are suggesting...for example, at the GMC dealership next to the Ford, I was offered for a new manual pontiac G5 14100$ OTD. This car has no ABS, moonroof, and has 2 and not 4 doors. But still, it's a new car. I feel that even if I get the Ford dearers down to around 14K for the ZX5 it's too much for a used Ford car. For around 15K OTD I think a can get brand new Japanese with similar options (Nissan Versa, Mazda 3), cars that are have better resale (especially in Michigan which is full with Ford cars).
    I will be happy with 13K. Maybe take it for 13.5K OTD, but not sure.
    JJF,

Thanks. With the packages I want, the Blue Book MSRP is $17685 without any cash incentives subtracted.

So...are you saying it might be possible to get it for $12,800 OTD?

Best,

Anlina
    I think Ford is still offering 3000 in rebates, plus you should be able to get maybe 2000 more from the dealer, but that's 12685 PLUS TTL, putting the OTD price at 14285 (TTL in CA would be about $1500. I would be very surprised if you could get more than 2000 from the dealer. I was just offered a new '07 ZX5 SES for 15243 +TTL (also in CA), or just under 17k OTD before down payment. I got the impression there wasn't more than maybe another thousand to squeeze out, so getting that price OTD to 16K looked like the bottom line.

The car I was offered was SES with A/T, safety package, leather sport bucket seats, and CD-changer/MP3. MSRP 19170.
  • twerthertwerther Member Posts: 1
    I agree and my experience was the same. $13,600 + tax ($12,975 + dest.) but mine was an SE not a SES, otherwise pretty much the same car w/auto, safety, etc. Small-town dealer. It had 18 miles, also had the cruise/tilt option.

I'm happy, I know people out there paid $17k + tax for this car six months ago. With tax I'm looking at $15k - not many people can say $15k tax included "OTD". End of year for cars is def time to buy...
    I thought about that offer again, and I would walk away. It's a used car. 5000 miles is low, but it's still a used car. The first year depreciation, according to Edmunds, on that car is around 4500 as I recall. I see dealers all over the place trying to sell used cars for more than brand new cars with factory incentives and virgin warranties. I also wouldn't buy the extended warranty on that car, so that's wasted value. These cars do not have a reliability issue. Some people like the peace of mind of the extended warranty, but remember that most repairs are not fixing defects but normal maintenance. Unless this is a prepaid maintenance plan you will still pay about the same for maintenance with or without the extended warranty in my opinion.
  • jeffyscottjeffyscott Member Posts: 3,855
    I don't know if it is a good deal or not, but that edmunds depreciation figure may be inflated. In one place they do list depreciation of $4437, then in another they show total cash price (before sales tax and fees) of $14,711 and resale after one year of $12,774...so less than $2000 in depreciation.

If you go through the edmunds used car pricing tool it comes up with a clean trade-in value at about $13,500 for something like this specific car. If the $15,700 price really is OTD (meaning it includes sales tax as well as fees) then the price before sales tax is probably only about $1000 above edmunds claimed trade-in value.
  • bmejob07bmejob07 Member Posts: 3
    I paid my Ford Focus 2002 SE for morthan $17800 in Nov. 2002 (out door price). But I knew that someone has bought a Toyota Camry by the same price. And the value of used car are very much less than samilar Japanese cars. The fuel economy never reached the number on the tag. The cheap ththing of this car is the materials used by the car. The muffler of my 2002 SE has started leak because of rusting. It can only be replaced the whole exhaust system which will cost me more than $400 at dealer's body workshop. I really regret to have bought Ford Focus. I will never buy it again! :cry:
    The problem I have with that offer is that there are still some new '07 SES's around. I was offered one at 15240 + TTL (about 17k OTD), with A/T, safety pkg, CD-changer and leather sport. MSRP 19170 - that's $1370 more MSRP for about $1300 more money, and the car is brand spanking new. There is no way I would buy a used car for about $3800 below what the MSRP had been when it was new, not when Ford is giving $3000 in rebates on the '07's remaining. The dealer will give at least 1000 discount after that and there is still profit in there. At the end-of year clearance time I don't think it's smart to buy any barely used car.

Now if that particular offer is the only way to get the particular color and option group, well then the person should buy what makes him or her happy.
    unfortunately, in Michigan there are no new manual hatchback 07 left for sale. at least not that I know of.
  • lilboyracerlilboyracer Member Posts: 3
    Hav an offer on a fully loaded 07 ST with 8k miles on it. Car has all options and MSRP for that specification (07) runs to ard 21.5K.(checked on both Ford website and Carsdirect). Am getting an offer for 13.5K + TTL. Clean Carfax and vehicle appears pristine on test drive.

I think I'm getting a great deal and am really interested in buying. Any other opinions? advice appreciated.