Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Focus Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• markus5markus5 Member Posts: 102
    SVT's are probably dificult to find and as they are primarily an enthusiasts' machine might have be driven hard, Clutch 6 speed tranny and so forth.
    I have an '04 ZTS, which is not as hard nosed as the SVT, and because of the 2.3 motor which is recommended ( was only available for about 2 model years in limited parts of the country) has a still a lot of spunk or torque which continues to surprize. If you get a used model make sure that it has been regularly serviced. Auto trans should have been serviced at 30-40,000
  • micwebmicweb Member Posts: 1,617
    At least a 2003 and up; the Duratec motor is better than the Zetec (and has an improved 5 speed); ZX3's were mass produced and should be cheaper than the ZX5's.

An "S" trim with aircon and 5 speed should be your best buy. Avoid the "loaded" SES variants although in the last years of the ZX3 they were the only ones to get a rear sway bar (but the absence of the rear sway bar didn't seem to hurt the S's and SE's).
    Be sure to ask to see the factory sticker that came with the car so you know exactly what the car came with. Try to buy one with a build date after September (most defects appear when the assembly line is just starting back up). Build dates are on a placard usually found on the door frame of the driver's door, but check all the frames and the doors themselves until you find it. Private party price should be private party blue book, dealers will sometimes come close to this pricing instead of the much higher retail blue book. Run carfax, single owner cars are usually worth more than multi owner cars because single owners usually take better care of them (change the oil). Beware of former rentals and especially beware of cars that are coming off, or were, leased, lease cars are driven harder and treated worse than rental cars, which are already abused.
    Also have it smog checked before you buy even if you don't need a smog check to register it. It's the cheapest, fastest way to spot engine problems.
  • jeffyscottjeffyscott Member Posts: 3,855
    have it smog checked before you buy

For 1996 and newer cars, this normally consists of plugging the car in and reading any OBD codes, at least that is the case where I live. You can get this done free at many auto parts stores or buy a cheap reader for maybe $20. If seller has reset it to temporarily turn off CEL, I think it will read that it is not ready or pending.
  • scape2scape2 Member Posts: 4,123
    At a large Ford dealership I came upon an 07 SE 4door automatic Focus for $13,995. This car only had 15,353 miles on it. It was used and Carfax showed 1 private owner and no issues. Title was clean. They even had it serviced at the dealership by thier records. Car was like new. Still had new car smell. After about 2 days of negotiations I was able to get them to sell it to me for $10,600 cash!!. Bought it for my daughter/3rd car for the family. Great basic transportation and thousands less than a Civic or Corolla. ;)
  • goblue1279goblue1279 Member Posts: 6
    At $10,600 you got a Great DEAL.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter from a large national newspaper is looking to speak to consumers who purchased a used fuel-efficient car and why they decided to purchase it and whether they were surprised at the costs of the vehicle. If you’re interested in speaking to the reporter, please contact Chintan Talati at ctalati@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information no later than July 9, 2008.
  • mmcm1886mmcm1886 Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

I want to purchase a 2008 Ford Focus SE with automatic transmission in vermillion red, charcoal black cloth interior with ABS, Sync and Sirius radio.

Thanks for the previous information regarding getting email quotes, I plan on following this advice.
    The standard vehicle price MSRP is $15,585 on this vehicle. The charges for the options that I want in addition are roughly $815 for automatic, $385 for ABS, $395 for Sync, plus $195 for the Sirius.

Could anyone give me an idea of what rock bottom price I should be shooting for on this vehicle including dealer fees?
  • jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    A well optioned 08 Focus Ses or equivalent, msrp 18500 or so barely has a trade in value (07) used of 11000. (look up a used 07 on kbb.com) This is what your new 08 will be worth in 12 months. A useful target on a loaded one is about 13000+ or less. A base with auto around 11000 or less. 5000+ off msrp has not been uncommon on the Focus in the late summer for the last few years. At these price levels the Focus may be far more attractive than a Hyundai accent, chev Aveo, kia rio, etc, with good mpg, however no hatchback is available.

If you can't get near 5000 off msrp ( and you should) the mazda3 s touring value editon sedan and its other models then become far more attractive. The mazda6 i sport value editon 4cyl msrp 21200 is frequently available in the low 16s and is good.

Also some have been successful in getting the 09 Hyundai 4cyl sonata (20000 msrp) in the high 15000 range, and the 08 Elantra in the high 12000 range. (usually in CA or NY area). Hyundai has a helluva warranty, these vehicles are higher quality,and should be explored before settling on a Focus unless lots off.

good luck
    --jjf

Hello,

I want to purchase a 2008 Ford Focus SE with automatic transmission in vermillion red, charcoal black cloth interior with ABS, Sync and Sirius radio.

Thanks for the previous information regarding getting email quotes, I plan on following this advice.
    The standard vehicle price MSRP is $15,585 on this vehicle. The charges for the options that I want in addition are roughly $815 for automatic, $385 for ABS, $395 for Sync, plus $195 for the Sirius.

Could anyone give me an idea of what rock bottom price I should be shooting for on this vehicle including dealer fees?
  • mmcm1886mmcm1886 Member Posts: 2
    Sorry to be redundant, but after looking at the prices in the dealships, this is really surprising, yet wonderful.
    Am I to hope to be able to attain this price of $13,000+ out the door, including all tax, title, destination, fees? I am assumimg this figure also takes into account the $1500 in Ford incentives currently available, or is this in addition?
    No, he was indicating you could shoot for $5000 +/- off MSRP...that would include destination, but not sales tax or title and license fees, which vary a lot by jurisdiction.
    These are all prices inclluding dealer fees exclusive of tax and title. ttl can vary from 100 to $1600 depending on what state and county you are in.
  • gerrickdgerrickd Member Posts: 2
    I just bought 2008 focus se sedan for 12998 after ford rebate(s). options are auto,drivers package, sync. black on black. dealer was perry ford poway. I worked backwards. didn't test drive until just before signing final paperwork. got up to leave a few times. I started by asking the salesman if I could get the car for 14K. he said no. I told him I could get a corolla for 15k so a focus would need to be cheaper. this dealer runs a huge ad every friday in the paper. this weeks was a coupe with auto, drivers package, sync, and abs for 11998. I wanted those options in a sedan and didn't really value any other options. the car I bought is missing abs. we sent to the sales manager and I was given the price of 12998. we didn't not talk trade at all until after that price was given. then I got them to give me more for my trade.
  • weihaoweihao Member Posts: 2
    Is 12998 a OTD price with tax, tags and fees?
    Thanks
  • gerrickdgerrickd Member Posts: 2
    not OTD price
  • kneedsacarkneedsacar Member Posts: 4
    Hello,

I was quoted on a 2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan with Auto Transmission. It has ABS, Sync, Driver's Package, Ambient Lighting, and all the options that come standard with the SE. The dealership said the MRSP on the car is 18,175 but that they would sell it for $15,308. I do not believe this includes taxes but does include the destination charges. Do you think this is a fair price?? I am looking to lease for 36 months, 12,000 miles a year so if anyone knew the residual and money factor on this car that would be great. Thanks!

KNeedsACar
  • matsukesmatsukes Member Posts: 21
    The 2008 Ford Focus is a wonderfull car! in fact, my wife and I liked it so much we each got a fully loaded "SES"! (SHE DOESN'T LIKE TO SHARE) the fit and finish is great! No squeaks rattles or bangs to be heard. Ford did lie a little about the fuel mileage though.... the 08 Focus is rated at 35MPG but both my wife and I get 38-40MPG on ours!. The heated leather seats are comfy and the upgraded 500 watt Audiophile stereo sounds like a concert hall!. We both traded in our Toyota's to buy the Focus and haven't looked back!. And with the thousands of bucks we saved by not buying a Honda or Toyota , we are going on a 3 week cruse in December to a warm island in the Caribbean! By the way, I raced a kid in a Honda yesterday and left him at the stoplight! you should have seen him sitting there with his mouth hanging open LOL! and, if you go on line on the Ford Focus web sight and request a brosure on the Focus you will find a unadvertised $750.00 coupon in the brosure when you get it in the mail! with that coupon and the cash incentives we got over $4,000 off the price on each car! plus we talked the salesman down even more on the price! We paid $15,237.49 each out the door on our fully loaded top of the line "SES"s price including everything! A GOOD BUY! and just wait until you get to use the new Sync system in the Focus! do you have some fun ahead of you!!!! (HINT) make sure you get the anti lock brakes and traction control option! (safety first!) now hows that for a review?
  • weihaoweihao Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for sharing. Where did you get this good buy?
    Kunes Country Ford Delavin Wisconsin
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    A reporter with a national newspaper would like to speak with consumers who are moving away from large SUVs and trucks to smaller compact cars and also consumers who are taking advantage of the lower prices and purchased a large SUV or truck. If you are a new owner, please respond to ctalati@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information no later than Monday, August 4th.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• polaris8polaris8 Member Posts: 7
    Do you remember your salespersons name at Kunes Ford ????

If you would, e mail it to me djackson@startribune.com

Thanks
    I"ll buy one right now for that price !!!

What was the salepersons name ????

Thanks, Dan and Michelle from Minnesota
  • m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    . (So if you work the lowest or any deal and try to pop that you are a recent college grad in the military with a 750 rebate coupon from a brochure they can just state that the deal they are giving is so good they cannot honor them or only 1)

If these are direct marketing dollars from the manufacturer(Ford) why would the dealer not honor them? Do dealers have to kick in something on these national manufacturer rebates/discounts???
    The dealers get (PAID) from Ford for all cash incentives and coupons! dont let them fool you! When I used my cash incentives and coupon they were all honerd!. Ford looks at the requested incentives and lets the dealer know instantly if they are approved! as for the $750.00 brochure coupon, it clearly states on the coupon that the $750.00 coupon can be used on top of all other incentives! If the dealer wont allow you to use the coupon or cash incentives you qualify for its because the dealer is trying to pocket them for themselves! Remember, most of the roomers about car salesmen are true! you have to stick to your guns when dealing with them! The profit margin on the 2008 Ford Focus is razor thin and they want to get all your money!
    Factory rebates direct to customer are illegal to pocket and will put the dealer in hot water in no time. (unless signed over to them in paperwork)

Coupons, military discount, college grad discount, loyalty discount, conquest (non-loyalty?) discount, college dropout discount, Texas horsemen's assoc discount, recently divorced discount, humanoid life form with a pulse discount are marketing gimmicks. Many times they are mentioned in the ad to generate some flow and limit response. Most have disclaimers out how dealer participation may vary. A few actually represent cash from the manufacturer but they are in the minority. Also make no doubt some get just as good or better deals without mentioning or technically qualifying for none.

A coupon may be issued with a blanket statement that it can be used on top of any other incentives which themselves state dealer participation may vary (usually based on enough profit, whether dealer wants to, ). There are sometimes so many gimmicks out there the factory (or dealership) usually has enough loopholes to keep someone from (legally) stacking too many.

Rack up a deal at invoice -grad-military-loyalty and then drop the 750 coupon on them and demand they subtract it from the contracted price and they may choose not to participate in the grad rebate. (on the basis of not enough profit for them if they participate now, or their general participatiory policy is to honor no more discounts than 15% of the cars msrp ... etc) ., Or only honor the grad rebate in the addition of factory coupons with a special "pro pack" ($1000 for vin etch and wheel locks) Perfectly legitimate unless a proveable discriminatory pattern based on race or sex. On the other hand if your deal is towards the end of the month and the dealer is the one out of 10 or so usually hurting each month your threatening to walk without your price may produce $750 (or more) out of their profit. (not reimbursed by ford, perhaps without the coupon even)

750 off msrp or invoice and another 500 grad credit for a car that will only move adequately for 3000 off msrp (2000 under invoice) after true factory rebates for example is nothing but a marketing gimmick. No money changes hands for the dealer to glom onto from ford no matter what because thats above their (true) cost anyway .Some yutzes may get a better price from another (or the same) dealer without the coupon or the gimmicks.

Virtually none of the coupons, military discounts, college, x-plan (local co discounts) loyalty, conquest (non-loyalty) represent any cash from ford at all below dealer cost in the way factory to customer rebates do. (heavily regulated, big do-do if tried to divert from customer from both Ford and atty general)

Someone could easily drive away from a dealer with no gimmicks with a better price than someone with msrp-dealer disc-loyalty disc-military-college dropout-dogowner discount -draftdoger (volunteer dodger?) disc. (this last gimmick is only popular in a few congressional districts if you know what I mean) ;)

Good luck
    --jjf
  • m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    Thanks for the explanation and appreciate the humor. If the manufacturer(Ford for example) has the rebate/discount whatever listed on their corporate website wouldn't that be money directly from Ford? For example, if you negotiated a decent price and then mentioned being in the military, could the dealer just say "sorry I've already given you enough off already and I'm not going to honor that military discount that Ford advertises"? I'm not saying a dealer would do this(heaven forbid) but could they without repercussions?
    Well, decent price is relative. The factory to consumer rebate will be coughed up no matter what since it is no benefit to them not to. (They can't keep it, and others will throw it in and underbid them, ) This is actual factory cash usually signed over to the dealership for ease. Rebate implies strict definition and legalities. A "coupon" is different. Many of the other marketing measures (including military)explain "dealership participation may vary" see for details. Could be he says that price already contained your military discount (or none if participation may vary). If you note how could he know you were in the military, he may mention everyone is getting a college grad, 1st time buyer, loyalty, military rebate etc and you assuredly got one of them (this was their participation policy, of that hour when you bought it) This may have changed immediately afterward signing , as management must act quickly these days to remain effective. ;) With a 2000 or so factory rebate, all the money off from msrp to invoice (dealer discount), some more hidden factory cash thrown in they can say several credits military, -dealer discount etc was included. They just don't always itemize them.

Others have extended military rebates to sons, distant relatives, neighbors or veterans of ANY armed forces US, german SS, NVA, Great great niece of Techumseh Sherman. viewers or people who've heard of "Saving private Ryan". So flexible and progressive is their participation policy to the Military discount for US servicemen mentioned on ads and websites that they have expanded it to all fighting men! Or folks who've thought about it once.

Really the Factory coupon thing isn't that common but not unheard of. I think we had a post on the issue a few pages back. I really don't know if you send it in or call the Ford district manager what can happen. The coupon from Ford seems unusual. Seems we didn''t think much then . If it says must be presented upon negotiation and you did, theoretically they could honor the coupon and not participate in some other(s) grad, loyalty, their own dealership discount ($ from msrp to invoice that disappears for anyone with IQ>60) or the military program.

If you search back, since these are big companies and they have been doing this a long time their bases are covered. I don't know if your deal is done but regardless, something like this requires F.lee bailey on retainer for 10000;s. And is usually silly.

Ironically the most effective measure you have to put pressure on them is to mention the coupon to the sales manager, how it just doesn't seem right and how you would love to give a glowing report on your customer experience in any surveys the factory sends you, however this experience would produce a lot of negative answers. And if you don't recieve a form, you will request one. These survey forms have become more and more important in the last decade, for many dealerships, and if this one is marginal.... Assure him a resolution will result in a glowing report, A 6 yr 100000 mi bumper to bumper warranty agreement for the coupon and $150 perhaps, you even get a warranty sale here.

A Focus is (or should be) about a $5000 off msrp vehicle. A 08 19000 focus will hardly trade in for 12000 in 12 months. Anything a lot less than that and the mazda3, Hyundai Sonata and Elantra, and others mentioned the last few months become far more attractive.

If you got about 5000 off work the manager a little hard. If you got 3500 off you need to be complaining to the district and dealeship sales manager about your displeasing buying experience (which will guarantee mostly poor survey results ), Fords misleading choice of promotion and a little matter of a 7year/100k mi service plan (worth about 700 or so I think) and a 600 or 1300 check.

Good luck
    --jjf
    Hey Matsukes, can you help me out on who to talk to at Kunes Ford.....

Thanks again, Dan and Michelle
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,195
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Hey Matsukes, Can you e-mail me the name of your saleperson at Kunes Ford...

Thanks, djackson@startribune.com
  • bruin4everbruin4ever Member Posts: 4
    need some help....looking at 08 s focus auto only. msrp 16,270....am thinking of offering 12,000 otd including doc and ttl. is this realistic given the total rebate is 2000 if i finance w ford. thanks
    It will be dificult for anyone to give an opinion on your "OTD" price, since sales tax can vary from 0 to about 10%, depending on your location and there are also fairly significant differences title and license fees among the states.
  • audia4wantedaudia4wanted Member Posts: 4
    I'm working with a dealer for an '08 SE Focus and here's what they're telling me so far:

MSRP 15585
    + 815 automatic trans
    + 670 destination & delivery
    Final price: 17070 + tax + title/etc

w/X plan it is $16,155
    w/MI tax + title final price w/X plan is $17147 less $1,500 rebates if using Ford credit.

That comes to a final price of $15,647

This is SE vehicle w/standard equipment.

Is there anything else I can negotiate? The dealer says that with the X plan, there are no other offers other than the posted Ford rebates. Is that true?

Thanks for any help!
    14500 for a 17000 focus is a lousy deal. Read the last few pages of postings. This is about a $5000 off msrp car, and has been for 5 years.

Many can get the mazda6i sve auto sedan msrp 21200 for the 16000's the mazda3 loaded i touring value edition auto sedan for the 15000's. Certainly if you drove any of these after you paid 14500 for a Focus you would feel sick to your stomach.

The dealer says ... Certainly you jest.

Good luck
    --jjf

I'm working with a dealer for an '08 SE Focus and here's what they're telling me so far:

MSRP 15585
    + 815 automatic trans
    + 670 destination & delivery
    Final price: 17070 + tax + title/etc

w/X plan it is $16,155
    w/MI tax + title final price w/X plan is $17147 less $1,500 rebates if using Ford credit.

That comes to a final price of $15,647

This is SE vehicle w/standard equipment.

Is there anything else I can negotiate? The dealer says that with the X plan, there are no other offers other than the posted Ford rebates. Is that true?

Thanks for any help!
  • elena250elena250 Member Posts: 28
    Anyone know of dealers in the San Antonio-Austin area who might be good to deal with to get a good price. From what I read here I should be able to get a Ford Focus for about 15,000-16,000 with sync, abs, auto, etc. for this price OTD. However, when I go to the dealerships they seem to say that's impossible. What is a reasonable price at this time?
    Cincinnati Ohio Blue oval dealer today gave this quote on a 08 S focus with auto,sirius satellite and anti lock brakes....Sticker 16,840 Quoted 15,700 plus tax at 6.5% title 275, minus 2000 in rebates.... comes to 14,995 otd..... Where are these 5000 off msrp deals supposedly happening........thanks
  • capellacapella Member Posts: 20
    "Where are these 5000 off msrp deals supposedly happening........thanks"

Good question.

Posts from jfritsch might be correct, but I sure don't know, $5K off of a $15K car that's selling well . . . and the posts from jfritsch usually seem to be accompanied by a plug for the "superior" Mazda 3. Well, that's all in the eye of the beholder. For example, for those who don't live in large metro areas, Mazdas might not be the best bet. In fact, our Mazda dealer dropped Mazda and there's no Mazda dealer within 100 miles of where I live! The dealer network is actually a little thin on the ground in many areas of the country (which is too bad, they make nice cars, we had an MPV we liked a lot).
    Request bids from 20 dealers via email last week of the month for a sedan of your approximate specs (approx 18000msrp etc) Work with the last 3-4 who need to make a sale. (Smoke the 5000 off deals out) With 3500 Ford dealers nationwide and about 1000 mazda, the concept there may be many more ford dealers in an area is no news.

Do the above with the mazda dealers on the 3 and 6 value edition sedans.(18100 and 21200 msrp respectively) and if you can get in the 15000s for the 3 and mid 16000s for the 6 seriously consider them if you can't get near the 5000+ off the Focus. Things may be kinda batty with the run on 30 mpg vehicles but can't imagine you can't work something out. Test drive both brands and the quality differential is obvious.

The 07 mazdas used go for about 13000 and change 07 while the 18500 loaded Focuses barely trade in for for 11000. (kbb.com).,

Of course, in many areas of the country the 09 sonata gls auto (msrp 20000) is going for about the 15000's, is loaded with a massive warranty and is competitive with the bigger Mazda 6. Either at the price points is superior to a loaded Focus for 14000 and change.

Good luck.

Where are these 5000 off msrp deals supposedly happening........thanks"

Good question.

Posts from jfritsch might be correct, but I sure don't know, $5K off of a $15K car that's selling well . . . and the posts from jfritsch usually seem to be accompanied by a plug for the "superior" Mazda 3. Well, that's all in the eye of the beholder. For example, for those who don't live in large metro areas, Mazdas might not be the best bet. In fact, our Mazda dealer dropped Mazda and there's no Mazda dealer within 100 miles of where I live! The dealer network is actually a little thin on the ground in many areas of the country (which is too bad, they make nice cars, we had an MPV we liked a lot).
    A reporter with a large national newspaper would like to speak with consumers who purchased a small, fuel-efficient vehicle in the past couple of months. If you are new small fuel-efficient vehicle owner, please respond to ctalati@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information no later than Thursday, August 21st.
  • mrrk47mrrk47 Member Posts: 104
    The Focus is no longer a 5,000 of sticker car. How can Ford's best seller next to the Escape Hybrid be a massive discounted car. I know a little bit about the current pricing of the Focus and all Ford cars right now. Here's an example of the best deal possible without the dealer losing money on the car.....
    2008 Focus SE auto, SYNC, 6cd, ambient lighting, 4dr:
    msrp 18,590
    invoice 17,450
    maximum dealer discount -500
    rebate -1,500 customer cash
    rebate -500 using ford credit
    subtotal: $14,950 plus tax and fees

3,640 is not 5,000. This is pretty official pricing
    one more thing jfritsch....chances are unless you go internet and grind deal so bad you don't car about the poor salesmen you could'nt get this deal becuase Focus's at 500 below inv don't need that much disc. ...you's be lucky to get 500 over invoice nowadays
    Oh brother... poor salesmen, grind deal ........ I calculate the dealers cost as......

I know things have picked up in the 30 mpg vehicle segment but the Focus is a 5000 off msrp car. At only 3500 off (Focus) the mazda3,(about 15500) Mazda6 (21200 msrp, 16000), and others are much higher quality. My brother just bought a 09 Hyundai Sonata sedan gls auto (msrp 20000) for 15300+ ttl. Huge warranty and much higher quality and more car than Focus. Mazdas and Hyundais great ratings from edmunds.

You fellas may be hopeless but for the many others fyi.

Good luck
    --jjf

one more thing jfritsch....chances are unless you go internet and grind deal so bad you don't car about the poor salesmen you could'nt get this deal becuase Focus's at 500 below inv don't need that much disc. ...you's be lucky to get 500 over invoice nowadays
    There are people out there who still want to buy American and will choose the Focus over those others. Have you sat in one recently? The quality is far better than the 2007.....To make it a 5,000 off car you have to go into HOLDBACK to do it....that is not the first option. HB on a Focus is in the 550's. It can happen if Ford tosses more rebates... they won't anymore. I
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,195
    Let's stick to them...

We have many comparison threads... do a search...

Thanks!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Happened to see an Automotive News article, from July 7 issue, about average transaction prices increasing for Focus (as well as other small cars). The figure for the Focus was an increase 8.3% in the last year and average transaction in June was $15,885. By my math that means average one year ago was $14,668 and average has increase by $1217.

So perhaps what was a $5K off car is now a $3800 off car.

In the same issue is an article titled: As car buyers flee bigger engines, dealers scream for 4-bangers. In talking about one large dealer this article says: His Ford-Lincoln-Mercury store has a 10-day supply of me (sic?) Focus and four-cylinder Fusion. "I could take all the Focuses and four-cylinder Fusions they could send,"
    Got this deal today from a Cincinnati Ohio Blue Oval Ford Dealer.............
    2008 Focus S, Auto,Anti lock brakes,Sirius satellite radio.
    MSRP 16,850, Purchase price 15,000.00, Doc fee 250.00 Tax (6.5) 991.25 tile fee 25.50= 16,266.75 minus 750.00 Ford rebate brochure, minus 2,000.00 public rebate w Ford Financing = 13,516.75 OTD.........Thats 4600.00 in savings.......
    We couldnt be happier with the purchase, love the fit and finish, and the way this car handles! No doubt you get your best deal when the EOM looms large and the sales manager needs to move some metal.
  • pats1pats1 Member Posts: 36
    We just took delivery of a 2008 loaded SEL, sticker $19450. The dealer gave us a $1250 discount and the $1500 factory rebate; that's $2750 off MSRP, or $16750. Where I live the discount reduces the tax liability but the rebate is treated like cash down, so you apply taxes before it's figured in to the deal. We passed on the Ford Credit financing and the associated $500 rebate, as my credit union beat their rate by enough to save me that $500 many times over. You need to watch those rebates tied to financing - they are not always a good deal. If I would have taken that rebate my total "off" would have been $3250, not $5K. I've dealt with this dealer before, and when he says there is not $5K to work with, I believe him. Other posters have talked about the holdback being in the $550 range, which is correct. So even if you can find a dealer willing to part with an '08 with very few left and provide a discount (like mine did), I doubt he's going to go into his holdback. There just aren't that many left. Maybe 8 weeks ago, but not now.
    A reporter from a national newspaper would like to speak to consumers who recently purchased a new small or mid-sized car and either got great financing or cash back/incentives offered to them . If this is you, please respond to ctalati@edmunds.com with your daytime phone number by Wednesday, October 8, 2008.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    A reporter from a national newspaper would like to speak to consumers who have downsized their vehicle in the past year . If you moved from a larger vehicle to a smaller one, please respond to ctalati@edmunds.com with your daytime phone number by Thursday, October 16.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews