Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Focus Prices Paid and Buying Experience

14567810»

Comments

• gs4gs4 Member Posts: 2
    Looking to buy a 13 SE or a Titanium in NJ area. Can anyone let me know what pricing they got and what rebates are available? Just started seeing dealers and any intel would be useful. Thanks
  • halucihaluci Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a 2013 Focus after doing a bit of research. I bought an SE HB Automatic for $16723 (which included $2750 in rebates/incentives). Hope this helps someone.
  • gs4gs4 Member Posts: 2
    Haluci, thanks, very helpful. What state are you in. Right now im sitting on $1500 in rebates and relying on the dealer and his holdback
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
    A reporter would like to speak to a recent buyer of a Ford Focus ST who considered buying a VW GTI. If this fits your description and you'd like to share your story, please send your daytime contact info to [email protected] no later than 5 p.m. PT/8 p.m. ET on Monday, 5/6/13.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• bstafford20bstafford20 Member Posts: 4
    What are folks paying for the Focus S and or SE with Auto Trans?
  • hofstadtlerhofstadtler Member Posts: 2
    On Monday I bought a 2013 Focus SE with auto trans for $16,900 total price.

I conducted a phone auction over a two hour period with six area dealerships. Identified individual cars with stock numbers at each dealership in advance. Told each I would be at the dealership just after 5pm with a bank check in the required amount, and told each to give me their very best price, including all taxes, fees, registration, etc. Shared the best price to that point with each, gave each a little while to put together offer or counteroffer.

Highest quoted was $18650; I went with the lowest at $16900. Did it all in comfort of my home while playing with my baby.

Nice car...I like it quite a bit so far.
  • tipotatipota Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the info. What state do you live in so I can compare final costs with taxes?

Also, was it an entirely base SE? A hatchback or a sedan?

Thanks
  • hofstadtlerhofstadtler Member Posts: 2
    Maryland.
  • woodstockguywoodstockguy Member Posts: 18
    2 deals-first SE w/auto trans, 200A packge, Sirius-16489 OTD, no trade. Second-SE w/auto trans, 200A package, Sirius and back-up assist-16501 OTD, No trade. Took first since it was 10 miles from where I live-the other was 200 miles round trip. Metro-Atlanta area. Note-did have 500 factory $ applied for college student.

Felt good about price...any input??
  • firsttimefordfirsttimeford Member Posts: 4
    I just purchased the above with a 5 speed manual for $16,300 before tax, license and fees on 5/25/2013. It included $3250 in rebates. MSRP was $20,890.

taxes 5.5%
    irritating documentation fee of $150

That was the best price I could find in the Mpls/St.Paul area. Comparing price, options, looks, handling, quality made this purchase no brainer when compared to other brands. I'm hoping the long term ownership proofs that this really was the correct choice!
    That seems like a really good deal. Did you go through with it? Some of the rebates end soon.
    Anyone interested google ford dealers in Winder GA....you will find one with a huge selection and LOW prices. They honor internet pricing with no gimmicks.
  • vigosvigos Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2013
    Hey folks, just wanted to post some info. I just purchased in TX a hb focus se ruby red with appearance package and 17"" machined steel wheels for $18437 (6k below msrp 24.645!). +tt&l, document fee and misc, an OTD price of 20.008

Used your great advice, plus some help from truecar... and I couldn't be happier. Thanks!
  • wombat94wombat94 Member Posts: 5
    I just closed on a similar deal to moonroof's one above.

'13 Focus SE HB manual with Winter Package (MSRP $20490).

I got it for $15,333 + taxes + tags. included $3750 in rebates, so it is almost exactly the same discount from MSRP as moonroof's deal.

I'm satisfied with the deal, and feel like it is a lot of car for the money
    I wonder which $500 rebate I missed out on. It's hard to keep track of all the available rebates.
  • wombat94wombat94 Member Posts: 5
    The extra $500 in rebates was probably my Lease Conquest cash.

I have a 2010 Honda Insight coming off lease and there was an extra $500 rebate for people that had leased a different manufacturer's car before.

Other than that I had the pretty standard $2250 customer cash, $500 EcoBoost challenge cash and $500 manual transmission cash.
    There was $500 "customer cash" and if you are a recent college grad or in school there is $500 student cash.
  • the1426the1426 Member Posts: 11
    Hello, I am looking to buy a Focus SE in the Mpls/St. Paul area as well. Can you tell me which dealership you bought from?
    I purchased it from the ford dealership in hudson. I'd recommend them. They are easy to work with and had the lowest advertised price.
  • meowzersmeowzers Member Posts: 1
    Where did you get this amazing deal? I'm in Austin.
    I got it in the ford dealership of lewisville, got the printout from truecar and talked with them. good luck!
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    A reporter would like to speak to a young buyer of a Ford Focus or a Chevy Cruze. If you are under the age of 34, and you are shopping for or recently purchased a Ford Focus or a Chevy Cruze, please send your daytime contact information to [email protected] no later than 1 p.m. PT/4 p.m. ET on Thursday, 10/10/13.
  • realtimezrealtimez Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

I have been given an OTD (Licence, registeration, tax included) price of 18300 at a dealership in TX.

Is it bad/good/fair deal? This is my first time buying a car :)

Thanks!
    edited October 2013
    I think they could do better. I searched the car in Truecar and it gave me 15.971, and if we add +10% aprox of LRT $17.500.

edit: updated the price with automatic transmission included
    I also see at edmunds TMV 16100 after the rebate and added 10% like you noted should be 17500. Are these numbers accurate?Can I go with that number back to the dealership and ask to get the car for 700$ less? :)
    That's what I did. In my case, I completed the process in TrueCar's site and took the printout to the dealership. They went along with it no questions asked (the dealer I went to was in the truecar report, but others might work as well). Good luck!
    Google ford dealership Winder ga. Look at the prices...they are the real deal. I used pricing match guarantees to get a smoking deal from another dealership. Also...many reputable dealerships have a 2-4 week mileage capped guarantee's on price matching. You can ALWAYS beat True Car's price if you shop it. I was 2K under their "great" price OTD....not just invoice. This was last year on a 2013.
    Whats the mileage capped guarantee's on price matching?

Thanks for all the info, I feel I am prepared now to go to the dealership now :)
  • maomaolucinemaomaolucine Member Posts: 1
    Hey guys,
    Just bought a 2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan with auto tran with an OTD price $17150. Cash due. I am in Michigan with a 6% sales tax. If you can do their finance program you can get an extra $500 down. Hope this info helps.
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,948
    That's an outrageous price if it's truly OTD...very impressive. But if the tranny and Mysync issues haven't been solved, I personally wouldn't go near this vehicle as the bunch I've driven with that shudder in the tranny have been horrendous. No savings in the world would convince me to put up with that in any vehicle ever so hopefully they have solved these issues. It's a nice looking vehicle especially in the hatch version and I kinda like the way the cockpit surrounds the driver...just wish the colors were more...colorful in the infomation screens...very dullsville. Wish they were move vivid like the Toyota's and Lexi.
    Hope it all works properly for ya as it is an outstanding price if true.

The Sandman

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• tneistneis Member Posts: 8

Just bought a 2014 Focus Hatchback, Titanium Trim, with Nav and Ruby Red exterior. MSRP $25,590. Sales price $17,951 (included $3,500 in Ford rebates). OTD w/ tax (Virginia) title, tags etc. $19,503. I'm not sure I could ever do better than that. Only had it a day, happy so far.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 239,555

@tneis said:
    Just bought a 2014 Focus Hatchback, Titanium Trim, with Nav and Ruby Red exterior. MSRP $25,590. Sales price $17,951 (included $3,500 in Ford rebates). OTD w/ tax (Virginia) title, tags etc. $19,503. I'm not sure I could ever do better than that. Only had it a day, happy so far.

Wow - great price! Enjoy your Focus - and, when you're ready, use the link in my signature block to write up a review.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4