Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler 300 Owners: Meet the Members

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
edited March 2014 in Chrysler
Please take a moment to introduce yourself and share some details about your Chrysler 300!

My name is Karen and I am the host of the Edmunds.com Owners Clubs. Please let me know what discussions you would like to see in your Club folder. I will create them ASAP. You may want to take a look through the other clubs to get ideas for discussions.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

KarenS/Host/Owners Clubs

Comments

• mileshoovermileshoover Member Posts: 122
    My name is Miles Hoover; more data on my profile.
    Picked up my 300C on 4/29/04 simply by searching the local DC dealers online for the model and equipment I wanted. Found two exactly the same at PassPort Chrysler of Alexandria, VA so I went there that afternoon and bought the one I liked.

Both cars were loaded and had the Sirius radio which I didn't want. Dealer subtracted its cost from the deal and gave me a reasonable price for my '99 LHS. Also was able to negotiate a reasonable reduction from MSRP ($38740) and drove it home that evening. I had dealt with that dealer in the purchase of a '94 LHS. This car is the Satin Jade Pearl with the lighter gray and dark jade interior. This interior was specifically sought by me because I feel this car needs a lighter interior. Darker interiors give me a "tunnel" feeling which I don't care for. Further, I always prefer lighter color cars anyway.

I have been pleased with the automobile; quality is much greater than I suffered with my LHS in '98. It took a year to get that one screwed together. Particularly pleasing is the Bluetooth pairing, the NAV system, and the general appearance of the product.

This auto is my 63d new car purchased since 1950. So, I have considerable auto knowledge and can sort of stand back to offer critical comments fairly. So far the only complaint I have with DC is the apparent lack of availability on US deliveries, other than fleet cars, of DRL's (Daylight Running Lights). One way or another, I will get them installed on this car since they have been added to my last 3 Chryslers and I believe they are a great safety factor.

I did buy an Extended Care Warranty, for the first time ever, because this car has so much electronics on it. My worry is that after 36K, there will be a major outage of some electronics part. But I refused the dealer offer of that warranty as being ridiculous. I found a Chrysler dealer in Oklahoma who sold me a 7/70 Max Car warranty for $1020 vs the $2130 (later $1495) offered by the dealer.

I have added so far, a locking gas cap, purchasable only from the dealer at $41 and change because it requires a lock keyed to your igition key which must be done locally. I consider this a great boondoggle for DC to elicit more money from customers so inclined to get that cap. I am attempting to obtain wheel locks since my "99 ones will not fit these new wheels (another DC boondoggle). The new lock, unfortunately, are not yet available. Also, I will add interior walnet burl dash trim, the only two firms having such kits either have errors in their design or do not have a kit for the NAV dash. That will be the extent of my mods other than a set of clear plastic floor mats to cover the existing stuff. Why? The OEM mats and carpeting is nearly white and will show soil quite easily. But still I wanted the light interior. Oh, and I always transfer a Sony CD-ROM 10 disk changer from car to car. BTW, the Sirius was not removed from the car and I have used it, but would never buy it. Not worth the money, IMO. :*))

I'll be pleased to answer any reasonable questions. My e-mail address is given in my profile if anyone cares to use it. Since I retired in 1993, I usually only drive less than 10K yearly and expect this car to last me 6 or 7 years as did its predecessor. Currently, I am 75 years old.
  • mikeyjohnmikeyjohn Member Posts: 365
    I have been a member of the 300M Edmunds site for about 3 years, and put a factory order in on a 300C on the 27 Apr. with all options except the Nav. (I like to be lost) I just got off the phone with DC and they gave me my VIN# and a tentative build date, the middle of June, so should have the car about the end of June The C comes standard with sunroof and hids here in Canada, plus I ordered the walnut woodtrim which is only $275.00 here in Canada and is $400.00 in the US. Does this make sense?
    I am so impressed with this car, and I ordered mine in the Jade Pearl. My M was Inferno Red, and it was time for a colour change.
  • bigelmbigelm Member Posts: 995
    I've been on Edmunds' boards for some years now but at the Subaru forums. I had 2 Subaru's, I sold mine but my wife has her Outback Wagon. They're good cars but it's time for me to get something bigger.
    That's why I'm here... I'm seriously looking to order by end of month (saving more pennies).

Live in Northern NJ right now and we finally have some good weather!!!
  • jcz1jcz1 Member Posts: 36
    Always bought used, decided you only live once (approaching 40), so what the heck.

Live in Fairfax, VA. Been waiting to test drive this car since I noticed it last summer. Went to a local "Credit Union Car Sale" in mid-April, where they were offering 300C's at $500 below MSRP. Found one they had ordered in Nov (so would be in any day - yeah, sure). Had way more options than I wanted, but missing U-Connect. Since I knew that could be dealer-installed, got them to throw that in for no cost.

Car finally arrived this past Sunday (Mother's Day). Midnight Blue, light interior, NAV, HID, moonroof, Sound Group II, Protection Group II, adjustable pedals, U-Connect to be installed when the parts come in.

Absolutely love the higher seating position (last car was a 96 Bonnie), but am still getting used to the limited visibility, especially the sides. Still think it's longer front and back than it is when parking. Gotta love the hemi, although currently showing 14 MPG, so I'm hopeful that improves.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    Oh gee, bigelm, I guess we'll allow just about anyone in here. ;-)

I received an email requesting a new topic for those that purchase via factory order. It's been put on the list.
    lol.. cool!

Thanks...

Hey jcz1,

I'm interested in getting the Midnight Blue now... can you post some pics in the Gallery?

I posted a link in the 300C forum but it was just one full pic of the car. More detail would be nice and appreciated. Your car package sounds similar to what I think I'll be ordering.
  • riker2riker2 Member Posts: 36
    Hi. I'm a Philadelphian who went to Premier Night and couldn't get a Jade Green loaded 300C without a wait. I found one in south Jersey on Monday morning, and drove home that night in the C.

I got the loyalty $1000 and the $1000 Chrysler Financial rebate. I also got a very liberal trade-in on my 2002 300M, a little bit ahead of Edmund's TMV.

The car is everything and more than the most enthusiastic reviews in the press. I can't believe what this vehicle delivers for the price.

And while I am certainly not a celebrity, the car meets the criteria.

I'm actually getting tired of fill-ups at the gas station. I have to allow an extra 15 minutes to let people ask questions, do a walk around, etc.

Is this car not amazing?

The M was great, but this is a completely different animal. Every day I watch every type of import driver dodge in front of, around and behind me to assess the C.

This is too much fun. I am loving this beast!
  • jcz1jcz1 Member Posts: 36
    bigelm:

The only pics I have so far were taken with a camera phone, so they're not great. Here's one:

I have all four up at:

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/602432

The Midnight Blue looks even better in person. I think you'll like it.
    Camara phone doesn't do all the justice but that Blue is very nice. My Subaru was Blue Ridge Pearl, very similar to this blue (it looks like it) and I thought I wouldn't find a similar blue but it looks very nice.

If I can see one in person... I think my jaw would drop.. only a matter of time.

By the way, thanks!
  • mnmatchesmnmatches Member Posts: 111
    I thought my only choices were going to be Black, or Magnesium. But this blue is exactly the flavor of blue that tickles me! I think tinted windows would do it perfect justice. Now I'm not talking about a deep (can't see through kind) tint..... but just one to keep prying eyes from glancing in after I've been shopping. Aesthetically it would also give it more of a mysterious look.
  • bobbyc49bobbyc49 Member Posts: 2
    chyrsler tech and district mrg. tested car said it was following crown of road..i said bull..they sent bolt kit but did not install.i need help here. they won't give me a new car
  • cavendishcavendish Member Posts: 5
    Hello, fellow Virginian. I am seriously moving toward purchasing
    a 300, but am in quandary about colors. My dealer has black, blue, and magnesium. The latter is starting to grow on me, but I am intrigued by the jade...although I cannot locate a picture of it (supposed to be a link in message 809, but can't locate message 809). How happy are you with the jade? All I know is the measley paint chip at the dealer...the magnesium seems a bit masculine for me, but I don't know ....any feedback would be helpful....I am so frustrated that I cannot get a good pic, seems silly. Thanks!
  • 120westfree120westfree Member Posts: 1
    Good day to all

My first post here. My wife and i went to look for a small car for her to drive because of the gas prices and we drove home in a new 2005 300 with the 2.7 beautiful color called cool vanilla picked the smaller engine for mileage and is the base model. We have had the car a month now and love it when we can drive it. It has been in the shop now for two weeks and chrysler seems to think it might be one or two more weeks before we get it back because of a problem with the computer software in the car. Has to do with the electronic throttle control. I hope we get our car back soon so we can enjoy it. This is my first chrysler and all these problems. Not a good start but we love the car and and chrysler seems to think they can fix the problem. Has anyone had a problem with the throttle response on there 300 if so please post thanks .
  • mikeyjohnmikeyjohn Member Posts: 365
    If your e-mail address would come through I could send you a picture of the Jade. I have factory ordered one and I found one at a dealership here and I took two pictures.
  • yolawyolaw Member Posts: 1
    I just ordered my cool vanilla 300c on 05/18/04. I qualified for the Affiliate program through my company. So the only way I could get the vehicle was to order it. One place told me it would probably take 3 months to get the car. The reason, back order on parts for the sunroof. I was told that the company making the sunroof ran out of parts. This is causing a big delay. The place I ordered the car from said to expect it in 4 to 6 weeks, but just know it could take longer due to the sunroof issue. Anyone ran into this issue with the sunroof?
  • crispiegeecrispiegee Member Posts: 90
    Has anyone found a better front license plate bracket?

I'd like to find one that mounts lower, so the plate doesn't block the grill.
  • bjsohiobjsohio Member Posts: 69
    The sunroof issue has been resolved. See the Chrysler 300 forum where it has been discussed in length.... I ordered mine on 4/27 and it's still on "BG" status, which means it hasn't been scheduled yet.
  • itshemiitshemi Member Posts: 32
    Bulletin, The Dealer's wheel locks will NOT work for your 18" 300c Chrome Wheels. Its confirmed. So be care full about where you park. Hopefully Chrysler will resolve the problem quickly. 14mm 1.5 will not work, it looks like they need to manufacture 14mm 1.25 locks, current set will not allow you to put Cap back on..
  • nmatsonnmatson Member Posts: 17
    I am on my third tank of gas and 10th day of ownership on my Silver 300C with all the options. What a beast actually getting 19.6 average MPG without a lot of highway drving. The car is performing beautifully. Still reading the manual to figure out all the toys.
  • yak54yak54 Member Posts: 72
    My 300C is still on order (5/10). I am concerned about some of the cars pulling to the right. Have you had this problem, and what was the build date on your car? I am hoping only those built before may have this problem.
    Even if it does have a pull problem, you should have some peace of mind that DC already has a fix for it...

I don't see the big deal...
    ? where do I find the build date - the vehicle manifest has 4/27/04 with the Vechicle Order Number would that be it?
  • maw1109maw1109 Member Posts: 1
    Yes,
    I too have the 300 bae model with the 2.7.
    I will taking mine in for service too.
    I love the car, but I feel it's not safe enough if the throttle acts up if your trying to go aroung a vehicle where there might be a chance a vehicle is coming in the opposite direction.
    This would be a law suit waiting to happen.
    All-in-all I thing the car is great
  • jeepjeep Member Posts: 86
    Look at the bottom of the label on the drivers door. In small numbers it will show the month, date, and hour built.
    What are you talking about? Why do you have a concern, or is this a joke?
    May 4th is the date on the label
  • lcolelcole Member Posts: 8
    I'm Len from southeastern Virginia. Got my 300C on 4-24-04, silver with sunroof. Has a slight drift to the right, but nothing else. The car drives great. Takes me 45 minutes for a 10 minute trip. Everyone wants to talk and look at the car. So far I am extremelly please with it. I am a prior 330M owner.
  • itshemiitshemi Member Posts: 32
    I just returned from 330 mile trip from Spring field VA to Dover Del, got 23.9 MPG. I have whopping 600 miles, drove at about 60mph.

I ordered my car 24 March 2004, Dealer said it would be in June, called me and I picked it up 27 April, Build date 041706.

Dealer was just as surprised as I was. Though the previous Chrysler owner status helped. Just bought 2003 Sebring LXI for daughter in Feb 2004 (bad news though it was stolen and the insurance CO totaled it thank goodness, thieves stole in MD stripped in in Washington DC, but what was really bad was the towing CO didn't lift the car on the Bed, they DRAGGED it since it didn't have any wheels, Dum.....

I got four (4) options, equivalent to the Limited Luxury Package (Moon Roof, 380watt/7 speakers), CA Wood Grain, and UConnect)

See mine at http://photos.yahoo.com/jlsy2001
    I know you love your 300C but can I ask why do you cross post the same message in 4 different boards?
    Hey, thats the same date mine was built. Any problems yet?
    More comments than complaints - The indicators stick could be more central in it's positioning, have to get used to using the pinky finger to operate. I haven't noticed any pull to the right, a slight drift does occur but it is less than with the two Suburbans I drive and so far I put it down to road camber. The FM radio reception isn't as good as my other vehicles but then I live between Philly & New York and don't get great reception at the best of times. The Sirius option solved that problem - works great - and may further lower my opinon of broadcast FM.
  • catercater Member Posts: 11
    Under "pressure" from my S.O., we purchased a 300 in Magnesium Pearl and I gotta say I love it - what a classy color. It was the only one this color, V6 in Canada that had the Optional $7k package. She came in with a sun-roof and chrome-clad rims. What a knock out and she gets a lot of looks. I paid "cash" so the dealer took my offer of $2k less. They also messed up on the upgrades, rims etc (not the package) so they said we basically got the car at cost.
    We did NOT get the Propak as my ex-Chrysler friend said it costs $100 for the car care package but they charge $1000! We will get the EXT warranty before the 3 yrs basic is up because of the extensive electronics. We are thinking about undercoating only but also the 3M clear plastic protective rock chip coating for the front and side mirrors. Anybody else do either of these? Thoughts? Hopefully have some pics of the car by the w-end. Anyone else have the 300 with chrome-clad rims? pics?
  • genrledgergenrledger Member Posts: 4
    My wife and I were out one evening in a busy part of Ft Lauderdale (Las Olas Blvd)in our Black 300C (delivered with just about all the goodies on 05/04/04).
    While waiting to back into a parking space, my wife told me to look across the street. There was a fellow in a new white Bentley convertible with the top down that had stopped to look at us in our new car that probably was 1/10th the cost of his.
    WHAT A COUNTRY....NO EXTRA CHARGE FOR THE EGO OPTION !!!!!
    Anybody else with a similar love story????????
  • sandbaggersandbagger Member Posts: 16
    Picked up my Magnesium 300C with navigation last Thur. and have got 1000km. on it already. Everytime you drive down the street you can see people turning their heads to look and when you are at a stop light they check the car out from top to bottom. One guy rolled down his window and yelled "nice wheels" at me.
    Just wanted to say that EVERYTHING on my car is working perfect so far dispite what thw message board says about problems. I especially like the navigations sexy voice giving directions.
    Someone should start a 300C club so we could all get together and meet and talk about our cars.
    Gotta go drive my car
  • cjjrcjjr Member Posts: 4
    Hello Miles. I like what you suggested regarding the upgraded warantee. Is yours $100 deductible? I see a 0 deductible for $1995 through $100 deductible for $1695. How is your car running? I am looking at the 300 now.
  • hemiluvrhemiluvr Member Posts: 1
    I ordered my 300C (magnesium pearl) on April 15th and it arrived June 4th! What a wait...but WELL WORTH IT!! My god..what a fabulous automobile! I cannot get over that this one is actually mine! There are 3 in my area (cool vanilla, silver & black) and I definately have to say the Magnesium was the correct color! I ordered my 300C with every option available! I really like the upgraded walnut trim! The protection group II with the reverse indicators is awesome! The NAV system is out of this world! I still have not upgraded my cell phone to use the U-connect option, but am looking into it...won't be long. This is my first experience with Sirius radio and it is HIGHLY recommended! The staff from Sirius are exceptional and very professional. Only complaint was the optional mud flaps that were and extra $76 and have been having some problems with my volume control on the steering wheel. Thank god for bumper-to-bumper.

WAY TO GO CHRYSLER!!
  • SylviaSylvia Member Posts: 1,636
    A reporter wonders what new Chrysler 300 owners drove before getting their hot new wheels. Please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com no later than Friday, July 2, 2004 with the make/model of your previous vehicle(s) as well as your daytime contact information.
    Thanks for your consideration!

Jeannine Fallon
    PR Director
    Edmunds.com
  • justgreat47justgreat47 Member Posts: 100
    on the 2.7? there were two previous posts about it and also, what's the acceleration like in the 2.7? i have read that with the 3.90 gears it's pretty good. anyone else out there who have the 2.7? jackg 90seville 94k
  • speedmeisterspeedmeister Member Posts: 9
    Hello All. Just joined in. My name is Robert. I don't have my 300 yet but I have placed my order on July 16. I read the horror stories on the other board regarding orders. I think I won't get mine until next year. sigh!!!
  • bigkev7000bigkev7000 Member Posts: 23
    But you will be happy when you do. Now me I want be ordering mine until next year. So all I have is pictures.:(
    living vicariously through 300 owners at edmunds at the moment. The car is not common here in my neck of the woods yet. I see 1 or two in a week. They are however in dealer lots but selling for 4000 above MSRP.
  • bigkev7000bigkev7000 Member Posts: 23
    What did you end up paying for it if you don't mind me asking.
    300C with all options for 40,500 OTD.
  • michaelg1michaelg1 Member Posts: 18
    Picked up my new Deep Lava 300C on Aug. 4. What a classy, regal color. Sunroof, pedals & upgraded radio I couldn't care less about. Now have 600 miles. My only concern so far is a buzzing or whining sound which seems to be coming from the top of the instrument panel. Happens in reverse, around 35-40 mph and sometimes on the hwy while on cruise. It's not all the time, just every so often. But irritating and makes me wonder what's going on. Anyone else?
  • michaelg1michaelg1 Member Posts: 18
    Today I realized that the instrument panel gauges on my new 300C are a kind of silver color, not white as on my 2001 300M. All the reviews I've read mention white gauges. Am I the only one?
  • pinkfloyd999pinkfloyd999 Member Posts: 6
    Hello everyone.
    I'm a (very happy) new 300C owner! Went out this weekend looking at Jags, Mercs, BMWs...finally settled on the 300C. However, the dealer had 1 on the lot and with a 3-month waiting list, I simply gobbled that one up.
    Has everything I wanted with one exception - no Nav. Not sure whether/when I'll look into getting one put in. I do have the 6-CD changer in there right now.
    The car has tremendous muscle but it purrs like a cat when cruising through town. My 19 and 21 year old kids love it - they call it a Gangster ride (G-ride). I guess I have street cred with my kids - what a bargain!
    Never had a V-8, but the Hemi is magnificent.
    Can't wait to the do the San Fran to Los Ang drive down to the family...
    Tony.
  • greenwingsgreenwings Member Posts: 7
    Yes, Ego has been fufilled !!! Just got my Magnesium 300C last Tues. Beautiful car, I'm enjoying it a lot, still reading the manual. I do want to purchase some nice front & rear mats for the winter. If anyone knows of some nice Chrysler mats for winter, please let me know.
       Love that Hemi, too !
    Hello:
       I'm a new member to the Edmunds.com Owners Club. My name is Mike. I just got my new 05 Chrysler 300C as of Tues. I'm Enjoying it a lot. I love the Hemi engine and the handling of the car. I'm very tall & this car is the only car I can fit in. I love the automatic memory seats & accesories. Boston acustic stereo system is great!
       A discussion topic I'd like to talk about is rubber mats for my 300C. I live in Canada and need rubber mats for the winter. Just don't want any rubber mats, but nice custom mats to protect the light colored carpet I have.
       Hope to here from other 300C owners! Thanks Mike
    http://scoop.daimlerchrysler.com/prod05_300.shtml

Here's a good site for 300C lovers.
  • pinkfloyd999pinkfloyd999 Member Posts: 6
    So, as posted above, took my 300C off the lot. Went back today to pick up a second key (they had lost it on the day - no biggie), get a free tank of gas (nice of them) inquire about the only problem I've had thus far - the rear defroster not defrosting, and to inquire about the possibility of swapping out the 6-CD unit for a Nav unit.
    No joy, unless I want to pay $3,800 (US) installed. They won't give me any credit for the 6-CD unit. Bummer.
    Looks like I'm going to have to get the portable Magellan I saw at Best Buy. I guess at least I can use it in the Miata as well...
    Oh, and they updated me on the wait - it's now officially SIX MONTHS at this dealership (just south of San Francisco) not the three they told me last weekend. SOOOOO glad I took the test-drive vehicle off the lot... :-)
    Tony.
This discussion has been closed.