Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler 300: Accessories & Modifications

Comments

• jbrlexjbrlex Member Posts: 1
    Is the Navigation System worth the extra money? If you are using yours, what are the pros and cons?
  • in2locksin2locks Member Posts: 13
    Pros You just keep your eyes on the road and let the nav take you where you want to go.
    You can enter maintenance times ie. oil tire rotate and the like and will be reminded.

Cons none This is my first nav system and will not be my last I love If you are getting U connect your phone caller Id comes on screen also.
  • goofytimlgoofytiml Member Posts: 41
    This summer we rented a loaded 300 Touring for a trip between WV and MN. The car had the Nav System. We also had our MagellanGPS RoadMate 700. We wanted to compare the two because we had always figured we would order our next traveling car with an in-dash system.

Well, the RoadMate got us to every address we had, regardless of city or town. However, the Chrysler DVD system could not tell us street and turn directions in MOST of the lesser cities and towns to which we went. It showed the streets correctly on the map layout, but only gave us a "rubber band" from the main road to the final destination. Therefore it would not estimate a trip time, or miles to destination, etc.

It was Okay in Indianapolis, where we stayed at a B&B. It was Okay in the metropolitan Chicago area where we visited our married children, but it didn't know the residential areas of Rockford, IL, Red Wing, MN, even Duluth, MN! It was most frustrating... and revealing.

We paid about $1000 for the RoadMate a year ago, and I'd recommend it today vs. the $2000+ systems of any vehicle. It's portable, and can go with any car. It gives audible instructions, warnings at 2 miles, 1 mile, 0.5 miles and at the suggested turn. It displays a 3D representation of the up-coming turn within the last 0.5 miles, etc.

The only thing we liked about the dash system over the RoadMate was the larger and easily viewed LCD screen, but with respect to database detail the RoadMate was the winner... no contest.
  • geordie1geordie1 Member Posts: 7
    I am a new UK member intending to buy the CRD when it hits the UK market in 2006. I intend to fit either the E & G Classics stainless stell heavy mesh with or without centre bar? or the T-REX hybrid series either polished or triple chromed at additional cost. Which is the most durable and best looking when fitted?
  • in2locksin2locks Member Posts: 13
    I don't know about the T-rex I went for E&G Ultimate grill warrenty for as long as you own your car!
    Many thanks in2locks for your quick reply. Any other responses would be appreciated.
    On UK specced cars the front number plate housing is located within the bottom of the OE grille. I do not wish to attach a self adhesive number plate below the proposed new mesh style grille. What alternatives are available as the original number plate housing affords a small degree of crash protection?
    I am a newly registered Brit contemplating purchase of the diesel model when it hits the UK early 2006. I quite like the look of the T-Rex Bentley Style Mesh Grille but have only seen pics. You have had it fitted for a few months now and I wondered if you have since found any problems with it re durability etc? Would your supplier know whether it is available at any outlets within the UK? I would appreciate your response.

Regards
    Geordie1
    Has anyone out there fitted this grille? If so what has been your experience re quality of fit and durability etc. I am considering importing this unit re my impending purchase in the UK of a 300C CRD (diesel) and would appreciate any advice prior to purchase.
  • wantone1wantone1 Member Posts: 28
    Has anyone changed their cold air intake on the 5.7 Hemi. I see that there are some for sale on eBay as well as K&N.

If so has there been an increase in HP, MPH? What degree of difficulty is it to remove the stock unit and replace the after market version.. Thanks in advance.
  • smithedsmithed Member Posts: 444
    Are you sure you want to do this? Poorer filtering, more dirt in your HEMI. :shades:
  • 2speed2speed Member Posts: 4
    Hi autoguy. 2speed here. I am new to this forum, and ran across your question. Yes, i added a wind blocker (or whatever you want to call it).............purchased it for 30 bucks at PepBoys................we had one on our LHS, 300M and now the 300C. they work great and decrease wind noise immensely. I think they look really nice as well. Ours is Black Crystal Pearl, and the smoke wind breaker blens well..............So do the lines with the car!
    hey sandbagger...........we have an 06 hemi C with the nav & sirius. It was ordered from the factory that way. As we were signing the papers at the dealership, our sales lady was on the phone with Sirius activating ours. It is nice to have. Honestly though, we traded off our 2000 300M for this Hemi............I love the Hemi, but I liked the XM radio coverage better than the Sirius! If you have the choice, I would research both before making a decision. Good luck!!!!!!!!! Navigation rocks, huh?
    Hello everyone. Question on Mileage. We have had our hemi C for 2 months now. We have put 3000 miles on it. Mostly in town miles, and are only getting 11 to 12 mpg. We are driving from California back to Kansas next week for Christmas. I have heard assumptions of mpg from 19 to 28. What can I expect while cruising @80 MPH? any help would help mucho!
    Merry Christmas
    2speed
  • twinwillowtwinwillow Member Posts: 11
    I had my Chrysler dealer install the K & N version. k&N promised 21 more hp and I belive I got all 21.
    Much more power! Especially when combined with the Jet chip, Borla exhaust and a few other performance goodies.
  • varobvarob Member Posts: 15
    My kids gave me the double-mesh stainless steel E&G grill for Christmas. I installed it a few days ago and it looks great. All the instructions are not as easy to follow as they would have you believe, but it took only about 2.5 hours to do the replacement, working alone. The grill fits perfectly. Next will be the mesh covers for the vent/foglights.
  • virgo2virgo2 Member Posts: 6
    Try www.tirerack.com. Good wheels and nice package. I would recommend the 18" rims.
    I'm accessorizing my 2006 300 and the last thing I need is chrome side molding (narrow width). I think I've searched every site. What I found are very wide trimming that would cover the entire manufacturer trim.
  • ornagecoastkidornagecoastkid Member Posts: 1
    I sincerely believe this is a problem with Chrysler 300s. I had a similar situation and couldn't account for the loss of my passenger side rocker panel shortly after I bought my car. I bought a replacement panel
    , painted it and installed it. Subsequently I have seen at least one other Chrysler with a missing passenger side rocker panel. This is no coincidence!

Roger
  • twtrojantwtrojan Member Posts: 1
    I need that too for my 300. I'd also like to get the chrome that goes on top of the bumpers. Any recommendations?

I got the walnut dash kit for the interior from wooddashexperts.com. Looks great!
  • carmen2carmen2 Member Posts: 7
    Does the emblem on the E&G grill come off or do you glue the chrysler emblem to it? Also what is the best kind of adhesive to use.Any help would be appreciated.
    My E&G grill came with a packet of peel-and-stick E&G emblems. I went with the peel-and-stick Chrysler emblem ($49.00) and spent a lot of time measuring before I put it on. You only get one shot at applying the emblem.
    The dealer I saw after I lost mine looked at me like I was trying to steal something from him. The replacement and painting/installation was below my insurance deductible so I just paid to have the work done. I took it to an independent body shop, though, since the Chrysler dealer isn't getting any more money from me.
  • carmen2carmen2 Member Posts: 7
    My grill was dealer installed,no packet.I'll have to try and peel the e&g emblem off and put on the factory emblem on.Thanks.
  • 581955581955 Member Posts: 18
    I picked up my 300C in May, 05. Since then I have done the following. Added Chrome tail light trim as well chrome fender lip molding,pillar post,rocker panels,rear deck lid,license plate bezel, E.G Classic Euro-Style grill,lower grill mesh inserts,sun-roof wind deflector,a rear spoiler from Sport-Wings,and MkW-33 custom 18" chrome rims. For the inside I have a 39 piece wood grain dash kit that also covers steering wheel and door inserts.(real sharp) Finally for performance I have the Borla Cat-Back system and a Volant cold air in-take. I love my car, but am I happy? No! I'm desperately looking for a chip that will tune for better gas mileage. I don't need more hp, what I have sometimes scares even me. When the car was stock I got 26.7mpg @65mph with changes, I get about 19.7mpg at that speed and I get 23.8 @80mph. Go figure. Anyone with a suggestion other than removing performance equipment? I want my cake and eat it too. Thanks to any one with a answer.
  • jcaldwell3jcaldwell3 Member Posts: 2
    Check out this site for all kinds of after market stuff

http://www.autotrucktoys.com/300/Chrysler-300-Chrome-Trim-Accessories-C3046.aspx-
  • jcaldwell3jcaldwell3 Member Posts: 2
    I would be interested in hearing from any one who's done this type of conversion - especially by Newport Conversion in Southern California. I'm considering do it and would like endorsements or problems encountered.
  • prodigousprodigous Member Posts: 7
    I notice you said you "traded" out of the stock wheels.I am buying a 300c and want to go with 20"'s.Will dealer or tire dealer trade on bran new wheels?What kind of wheels and tires did you get?Are you happy with your choice?Thanks
    Still haven't found the narrow bolding molding but found the bumper cap. You can find on ebay. Good price and good products.
    Bought a 2006 midnight blue 300 in Nov 2005 and made alot of modication as well: Bentley grill with Chrysler emblem included, 22" Panther chrome wheels, replaced the Integrity tires with Goodyear Assurance, bumper trim front and back, spoiler lip, chrome pillars, stainless steel upper window trim, and Sherwood mahogany dash trim. I removed the 300 logo on the back. Looking sweet. Soon, I will add vent grills to match grill and chrome side molding.
    Started experiencing a problem with starting my 2006 300. I have to turn the key all the way to the right, hold it for about 2 seconds before the car starts. Dealership had the car for 2 days trying to find the root of the problem. They were unable to determine the cause. They told me that they tried other 300s in the shop and they had the same issue. Dealership does not know why it does it. They called a "Chrsyler Engineer". Chrysler is aware of this problem and has no fix. :mad: This does not occur when the car is cold and did not occur when I bought it. I have had the car for 6 months, 11,000 miles. Would like to hear if anyone else is experiencing the same problem.
  • neighbo1neighbo1 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know who manufactures good "Billet Grilles" that are bolt on?
    Just Google Chrysler grills and you'll get hundreds of hits. I got my mesh grill from E&G. Looks great. There are many sources for the Billet grill as well.
  • dlm03odlm03o Member Posts: 1
    Try www.shopsar.com search for 300c. :)
  • stevenwstevenw Member Posts: 18
    Man, that looks SWEET!
  • luckyschopluckyschop Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know of a way to hack out the warning screen that appears on the navigation screen every time you start the car? You have to push enter and then cancel every single time in order for it to display the road map. Annoying to say the least.
  • birdiebirdie Member Posts: 4
    Hello, anyone out there have been able to get the Pioneer AVIC-Z1 installed in their 300? I have a limited edition 2005 and looking into this new toy, but all the sites I've looked at show that this unit doesn't fit the car. I'm hoping that someone out there has been able to find a solution/modification to make it work and look great.

Additionally, do people recommend the Pioneer AVIC-Z1 vs the Eclipse?

thanks in advance.
  • jhsannyjhsanny Member Posts: 1
    I currently have a 2006 Chrysler 300C SRT8 front fascia, just pulled from a car delivered to our lot. It has a couple small scuff marks on the underside of the lower lip from the transport. Aside from these small scuffs, this fascia is like brand new! It is the Bright Silver Metallic Clear Coat finish, and will fit the late model Chrysler 300 Touring, 300C, 300C Hemi, and 300C SRT8 models. Does not come with any of the trim, lamps, grills, etc. It is JUST the fascia. Downside to this, I'm not big into shipping - so if anyone is near KS that is willing to meet part way, please notify me, JHSanny@gmail.com! $300/OBO!
  • teary_eyeteary_eye Member Posts: 1
    I am interested in installing a new radio in my 300 touring but my problem is I want a head unit that looks like it belongs. I am looking for a unit that will fit in the stocked housing that will give me a good sound and supports a 1200 watt amp and 12" speakers. Does anyone have any suggestions? I know the sale kits but the units that I found will fit are small so I want maybe 1.5 din.
  • mike23bmike23b Member Posts: 5
    I'M LOOKING FOR THE FUSES BOX IN 300M MY SPEAKERS IN THE DOOR ARE NOT WORKING COULD IT BE A FUSE I PULL THE SPEAKERS OUT AND THERE ARE CONNECTED ALL OTHER SPEAKERS WORKING FINE JUST THE TWO IN THE FRONT DOOR ARE NOT WORKING :confuse: :confuse:
  • prttyloprttylo Member Posts: 1
    I just changed the fuse for the cd player and now it wont play cds. The radio still comes on but when i press mode it wont go to my cds, i cant even get them out of the deck. Is there a code i need to put in or a series of buttons i need to press. Help me please, the radio stations here sucks. Thanks.
  • jloiaconojloiacono Member Posts: 12
    JUST MADE A ROUND TRIP FROM N.Y. TO FLA. RUNNING FROM 75 TO 125--GOT BETWEEN 21 AND 25 MPG. I LOCKED THE CR/CONTROL AT 70--THE COMPUTER SAID 26.2 MPG. USED 89 OCT. GAS. I LOVE THIS CAR. AT 125 STILL HAD MORE TO GO.
    I USED THE MOPAR COLD AIR PKG. WOW---WHAT A DIFFERENCE.THE WHOLE KIT WAS $225.IT LOOKS AND SOUNDS GREAT. BETTER GAS MILEAGE TOO.
    I BOUGHT THE "MOPAR" COLD AIR KIT. IT TOOK ME ABOUT 1/2 HOUR TO INSTALL IT. LOOKS GREAT--SOUNDS GREAT--ABOUT 25 MILES MORE FROM A TANK FULL.
    I DON'T KNOW IF THERE IS A FRONT ONE AVAILABLE. I HAVE THE REAR---WORKS GREAT. IF YOU CAN GET ONE FOR THE FRONT---POST IT---I WOULD LIKE TO GET IT FOR MY WIFE.
    THANKS
    MY LOCAL DEALER HAS THE CAT-BACK IN STOCK. IT IS MADE BY BORLA. $1,099---THE MAGNAFLOW IS ONLY $800. I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE DIFFERENCE IS.
  • russstockrussstock Member Posts: 3
    Anyone have comments on adjusting passenger headrest forward and back? The passenger headrest seems tilted too far forward, is there a way to adjust it back an inch or two?
  • rchavezrchavez Member Posts: 1
    I need used or cheap accessories for my 300. Here is a list of what i need. Does anyone know where i can get these from, and at a great price?

ALUMINUM LIQUID BODY MOLDING-
    STAINLESS STEEL FENDER TRIM STAINLESS- STEEL PILLAR POSTS-
    Chrome Front Bumper Trim -
  • xtecxtec Member Posts: 354
    You can try autotrucktoys.com,or mopar.com and find what you want.As far as used or cheap,its hard to find what you want cheap.Good Luck.
This discussion has been closed.