Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Equinox Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• 6t4polara6t4polara Member Posts: 4
    Week 10 and dealer states will be built end of next week.Looks like at least a 3 month plus time frame.Nothing special 6 cyl. and 2LT trim.Am I the only one having this long of a wait?

John
  • brueggiebrueggie Member Posts: 46
    Ordered 8/22
    Built 10/22
    Delivered 11/11
    Bought 11/17

LTZ 4cyl w/ sunroof and rear entertainment.

Quoted 6-8 weeks and took 12. Even after the production increase, they are still behind.

Good Luck!
  • ronnieronronnieron Member Posts: 2
    Did any of you guys purchase the extended warranty? if so, which level and for how much?
  • sheposhepo Member Posts: 7
    Hello,

Anyone have any inclination if the 60 day money back guaranty or receiving the $500 cash back for waiving will be extended after 11/30? I have a LT2 on order and I can close the sale now and get it as I have a Vin, but part of me is curious if other better incentives may arrive for December to make a push for numbers? Thoughts, suggestions?
  • wallyuwlwallyuwl Member Posts: 166
    It has been rumored GM will extend the satisfaction guarantee beyond the end of this month, but as of now they haven't announced anything saying it will be extended.

The current incentives on the new Nox (other than the $500 cash back if you opt out of the satisfaction guarantee) are the same as they have been since the vehicle came out in July (we got ours at the end of July). Crappy (6.9%) financing, and $1000 Conquest Cash. The vehicle is in such high demand that they are unlikely to change that until spring, if not later. But ya never know, they might surprise.

It is impossible to know for sure what the future will bring for incentives, etc., but if it were me I'd close the deal before the end of the month to get the extra $500 for sure.
  • elisa81elisa81 Member Posts: 38
    I would check and see if your dealer is doing anything around the Thanksgiving holiday. Last night my husband and I saw that in honor of "black Friday" the dealer we purchased our '10 NOX from is giving out $500.00 visa gift cards until the end of the month with a purchase of a vehicle.

I try to avoid watching commercials with other 'incentives'.. makes me a little frustrated. Yet, having my NOX now is well worth it!
  • wildemc18wildemc18 Member Posts: 3
    After a few months of looking, finally made my purchase. We wanted a basic 2LT but wanted it in black. I checked with multiple dealers unable to find any of these available both currently and when looking at the incoming inventory. They were able to find me one about 500 miles away but had options we weren't interested in. Since we were upgrading well beyond what we wanted, I ended up paying more, but feel that all in, I got a good deal.

2LT - Black Granite Metallic, Sunroof, Leather, 18" wheels, MSRP $30,230 Purchase price after $1500 in rebates was $27,700.
  • mof22mof22 Member Posts: 5
    I ordered mine the first week of November in Houston. Told to expect a 4 - 6 week wait. I ordered the LTZ with a sunroof, 4 cyl. Hoping to get before the end of December since I will be without a car beginning next week. Trying to find out a build date from my dealer but have not received a response yet.
  • sagi1971sagi1971 Member Posts: 5
    I placed an order for a 2010 Equinox LT2 AWD 4cylinder, Cyber Gray, Leather, Sunroof and powerliftgate on October 24.
    I was told 2 weeks ago that it would be delivered on December 21.
    I have called my dealership for the past 3 days trying to get an update on its status. With the assumption that it was being assembled this week, with a 2 week transit. After repeated phone calls today, I decided to contact Chevrolet Customer Service.
    The person I spoke to at Chevrolet was very helpful. I was never given an Order number, so he had to look it up for me. Come to find out, there was some sort of "Production Delay" and the "estimated" delivery date is now Mid January.
    The dealership has known this for over a week and not notified me. Chevrolet Customer Service also contacted the dealership, stating my concern and I still have not heard from the dealership.
    If my Equinox is delivered in January, it will be 12 weeks after I ordered it. Not to mention I will lose out on the sales tax credit for 2009 and I have to go back to my bank to have them rework my auto loan, as the check is only good until 12/28.

Has anyone else ran into this problem or does this sound suspicious? I'm on the fence about seeing about getting back my deposit and going to try and find my Equinox on a car lot. Any suggestions?
  • starfleetstarfleet Member Posts: 18
    I am thinking about that to, because I hate not knowing what is going on.....I ordered mine 3 weeks ago and still don't have a VIN number. I was told that it was going to be delivered early because of the increase in production. I wanted to take advantage of the tax credit as well.......
  • 6t4polara6t4polara Member Posts: 4
    Ordered mine on 9-11-2009 2LT,six and leather and still waiting for a build date.Was told all the usual BS.
    I also called Chevrolet customer service and was told that they had no information for me. My dealership did give me an order number but it's frustrating that there was no information as to an estimated build date or delivery date. They denied a "production delay". I also wanted to take advantage of the tax credit and will soon have to worry about alternative transportation when I turn my lease car in. That dealer is making a lot of attractive offers trying to keep my business, so the production wait is very frustrating.
  • brueggiebrueggie Member Posts: 46
    My nox took 12 weeks from order date to delivery and I am in Dallas. I was quoted 6-8 weeks as well and expected it before Nov 1 and missed out on GM employee pricing I had access to until Nov 1. Cost me $2400 since the dealer wasn't negotiating anything less than MSRP without a GM certificate. Love the nox, hate the price I chose to pay to get it.
  • mjk11mjk11 Member Posts: 2
    I ordered my 2LT the last day of Cash for Clunkers (Aug. 21). White with just a few options. Finally got a build date a couple of weeks ago for Dec. 7 with delivery expected the last week of December. A few LS models have started to show up at the dealers but no dealer will trade one. I'm a patient guy but this is ridiculous.......
  • carguy05carguy05 Member Posts: 30
    I understand your frustration. I ordered mine from the factory and was told 6-8 weeks for delivery. After 6 weeks, the dealer gave me a VIN and my car came in the next week. Just picked it up on 11.11.09 It was definitely worth waiting for. Your situation sounds suspicios to me. Sounds like somebody screwed up.
  • sagi1971sagi1971 Member Posts: 5
    Well, this afternoon there were phone calls back and forth from the Dealership. Stating that they were just told about the delay in production. In response, I told them to find an Equinox very close to the one I ordered and I would take it.
    The Sales Manager really got busy and found one in Michigan (Im in Chicago) and had it brought over here tonight and Im picking it up tomorrow...

Its the 2010 Chevrolet Equinox AWD 2/LT, Black Granite Exterior, Jet Black Leather Interior, Sunroof and chrome package. With a couple of little extras thrown in, like cargo cover, cargo mat and mud flaps. The price Im paying is $29,400.

I know its not the dealerships problems, but GM really need to pick up the production of this car. I was ready to walk away from it and get an CRV. Im sure after tomorrow, I will be very happy with my decision.

Any thoughts on the Extended Warranties or Service Plans?
  • sheposhepo Member Posts: 7
    Sorry to hear about some of the delays, but I'm guessing your dealers are potentially the issue as I just got my Nox today. Ordered 9/26, took two weeks to have the workbench documentation in mid October with a Mid-November build date and took a couple weeks for delivery and actually arrived yesterday. I live in Wisconsin for what it's worth. I'd press your dealer for the workbench documentation as I believe they get this after they place the order. Took a little longer than I hoped in 8.5 weeks as opposed to the 6 week estimate, but happy I went this route. Received a 2LT Black Granite with the Brownstone leather (which is really nice by the way), chrome, sunroof, 18" wheels. Didn't care for the programable liftgate (a lot of money for something that's un-necessary imo) or the navigation (I typically know where I'm going...or can pull over and use my GPS on my phone). Received both the college graduate student discount, conquest, and 60 day rebate refund that shaved approx. $2,900 off. My wife's in grad school and I had a non-GM car so we titled it in both our names to take advantage of both programs. Got it for just under $30k that included tax (5.5% in WI), title ($190), delivery($745), etc. and @ 3.8% over 5 years w/ US Bank (with very good credit) after a little jostling with the Finance folks at the dealer and a credit union. Nice smooth transaction and looking forward to my first commute tomorrow.

Appreciate all the great advice previous forum posters provided as it helped educate me greatly on the process. Especially Waly and Elisa...thank you both very much!
  • pete6666pete6666 Member Posts: 29
    I plan on ordering an LTZ this week, I want to order Cardinal red with black/brownstone interior. I have not seen this combination. Has anyone seen these colors together and if so how did it look?
    Glad to hear everything has worked out well for you! The vehicle is totally worth the wait huh? :) I now have over 3,000 miles on my 2LT 4cyl and LOVE it more and more everyday.. which I'm sure you're doing as well by now too! So, congrats!

To the others having problems with orders.. I'd look for similar vehicles in the area. If you're not too far away from Kansas City, check with Cable Dahmer. Last time I was over there they had about 7 of them at different trim levels and colors sitting on their lot. They are hard to do a trade with, but, worth all of the hassle or traveling to purchase from them instead of waiting, losing bonus money or a good interest rate!

Another option.. I ended up going around to all of the regional dealers and looking at their order lists, of what they had coming in within 4 weeks. After knowing what was going to be in the area, I decided which one I wanted and put money down on it. I ended up closing the deal and picking her up straight off of the semi on October 2nd. I think that is a viable option for people who hate waiting so ridiculously long for an order. I know I couldn't have been that patient. :)
  • davidmarzdavidmarz Member Posts: 8
    I am in the process of finalizing a purchase of my Equinox and am very excited about it. I appreciate all the info on these boards; they have been incredibly helpful. I ended up buying from one dealer and I will give more details on that in a separate post but I did want to do a shout-out to Radley Chevrolet in Fredericksburg, VA. I ended up not purchasing from them because I had already committed to a different dealer but of the many dealers, I spoke to, they really stood out.

In many of the dealers I had spoken with, I had noticed a certain arrogance about Equinox pricing. I realize it is in hot demand now...and I also happen to be an economist and so I am very aware of the dynamics of market forces on price. It is not a "buyer's market" for the Equinox right now and that is understandable...but it struck me that a few dealers could afford to be a little less arrogant about the demand of the Equinox given the overall state of Chevrolet. I have not bought an American car in years and I am finally excited about one (the Equinox) and would expect a little more give and take than what I saw

ANyway, I really liked the way that Radley dealt with me - they seemed genuine and respectful and willing for some give and take on price. When I told them it was not going to work out (more on that later), they could not have been more gracious. Next time I am in the market, I will be looking them up
  • rcpmacrcpmac Member Posts: 1
    The title of this thread is "...Prices Paid and Buying Experience" yet nobody lists their prices paid. How unhelpful.
    I just ordered a 2010 Equinox LTZ FWD with the following options:Cardinal Red, Brownstone leather,Moonroof,6 cylinder and 18 inch wheels. I paid $29995.00 plus tax. Any rebate or incentives will come off the price at time of delivery. I was told 8-12 weeks. Has anyone seen the color combo I ordered. I hope I am not taking a gamble with the brownstone with red exterior. Even thouh the brownstone does have red stitching
    If you look back far enough you will find some figures.. Below is what I posted a couple of months ago..

"Honestly, as long as you think you're getting a good deal, I'd go with it. Eventually there will be better deals out there. It's just a matter of if you're willing to wait for them or not. I'm not wanting to wait. So, my deal is looking like this.. original price 28,530, supplier price $27,337. Then I get 1,000 for conquest, 500 for guarantee and 940 for my free leather. Total cost $24,897.00 for a 2010 NOX 2LT, cardinal red, jet black leather, sunroof and auto liftgate. TTL is extra, but I have a 4.34% rate, which is pretty darn good right now as well!

So, I'm rather happy with my deal."
    I just ordered a cardinal red ltz with black/brownstone leather. I am kind of concerned if the brownstone goes with red. It does have red stitching. Have you seen this color combo. What do you think?
  • back2frontback2front Member Posts: 42
    For what it's worth my wife owns a women's fashion shop and she said that brown is put together with red all the time. She said the red stitching and black interior trim will be picked from the exterior red nicely.

Don't worry it will look great!!!!!!
    Thank you so much. My wife tends to agree with your wife. You really put my mind at ease.
    I agree.. the brownstone leather is quite beautiful. You should be fine! Congrats on choosing the best color (Cardinal Red)! :)
  • back2frontback2front Member Posts: 42
    Hey, the best color, I'm offended ;) I myself wanted red but didn't have the option. I bought mine off the lot on July 29 and black was the only choice on any lot around here. I couldn't wait because my C4C was on it's last leg and needed a new engine, to make my 1999 Jeep eligible for the program it had to be driven onto the car lot by it's own power. I had it towed to the edge of the lot and was able to drive it about 10 feet before it died for good, that put me on the lot so I was now eligible :P It blew a rod and made so much noise people from inside the dealership came outside to see what all the noise was about. If I had a chance to wait (needed a car) I would have preferred red but the black has grown on me and because I love this car so much it really doesn't matter to me that much now..............
    Hi

I am in the process of buying an Equinox LT1 with vehicle interface package, sunroof, rearview camera, pioneer premium sound. MSrp is $26,110 and I am ending up at around $23,600 + TTL. Bought from a dealer in Northern Baltimore. They have been okay but they cant seem to get a firm date on when I will get the car - they say it has arrived at their shipping facility locally but they dont know when they will be able to spring loose from there. Not been the most pleasant experience. We also had a miscommunication on incentives/pricing but they at least made right on that and honored what I thought I should be receiving.

Generally speaking (from what I can tell in this area), the best you will be able to do , with persistence at that, is to get credit union supplier pricing (about a $700 to $1000 discount off of MSRP) + Conquest $1000 + $500 in lieu of 60-day. By the way, GM has a nice webpage where you can price out a car and it will tell you what the credit union price would be.

I see some indicators that supply is loosening up a little bit but still a seller's market

Dave
    Believe it or not I actually got a better price than the credit union price by going to msn.com and go to autos. You can get the exact invoice price the dealer pays less the advertising which is about $300 to $400 depending on regions. I haggled and got the car for $400 under credit union so there is more room to bargain with. The delears are much more willing to give discounts on a factory order than a vehicle in stock.
  • starfleetstarfleet Member Posts: 18
    That combo will look great..........The Nox I am getting will have brownstone interior and the gold mist exterior. The brown and black will be sweet with red. I've owned two red cars and wanted a change. I think you will be satisfied. :shades:
    Thanks Pete - that sounds pretty good approach - will have to remember that next time. You did well - I had a hard time getting anyone to dealer pricing let alone below that

I sure hope this vehicle is worth the wait. We traded in a Pilot (not as fuel efficient as I would like) for this but I dont think my wife is too happy with me - hope that will change when she actually sees the Equinox
    Dave,

Two people in my neighborhood have recently gotten the new equinox. They both rave about it. They both told me it is the best vehicle they ever owned. I usually get a new car every 3 to 4 years and I can't remember being this exited about getting a new vehicle. I know both you and your wife will be thrilled. Good luck.
    Pete - it is wonderful to hear this about an American smaller suv - nice to see Chevy up the ante for Rav 4 and CRV.
    I will let you know my impressions (if I ever get my Nox!)
  • firefly8firefly8 Member Posts: 9
    I ordered my 2010 Nox on 22 Oct. LT2, 4 cyl, FWD. Mocha, Black/brownstone leather, 18" wheels and chrome package. MSRP was $28,185.00, I paid $27,172.00.
    Build date is sometime this Week and should ship within 10 days after build. I'm
    hoping it arrives in time to take advantage of the incentives. My dealer also estimated delivery within 6 weeks after order. I thank 6 wks is their standard answer.
    Found out that even though I did receive an "Order Workbench" and I have a preliminary order number, my order hasn't been accepted by production control. Placed the order on 11/4. My dealer told me that normally it should have accepted by now and there is a 3 - 4 week time period for it to be built after the order was accepted. So, now trying to find one that is as close as possible to what I ordered so that I won't be out much longer without a car.
  • markm75markm75 Member Posts: 11
    Below is a link to a review I wrote up, which includes what I ended up getting for a sale price, as well as my thoughts and takes on my version:

In case anyone is interested.

My personal 2010 4cyl awd equinox review/experiences
  • mjk11mjk11 Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone used the USAA discount of $750 for Chevrolet with their purchase? Do they let you use in conjunction with a credit union discount or the USAA car buying service?
  • watercop1watercop1 Member Posts: 18
    We got them both with no problems in addition to the military pricing.
  • dturrdturr Member Posts: 70
    Have GMC made a mess of this!!! I have been shopping around Florida for one of three colors and what a problem. Everyone is telling me "No stock" "More in March" The vehicles they have are what probably people don't want, 6cyl's, black on black, all wheel drive. The cars that people may buy are marked up with all the dodgy add on's like paint sealant, pinstripe. If the cars are built requiring a sealant GMC should do something about it. I am looking for a 4cl fwd Gold Mist with light titanium trim. One Cape Coral dealer has an LTZ he is asking $37k, that is almost X3 and GLK teritory. If you see one that is not marked up let me know. My last Toyota with all the extras the distributor adds on put me off them until their pricing changes.
  • kirkkempenkirkkempen Member Posts: 14
    According to GM, the Conquest incentive, and 60 day guarantee are expiring today.

Have any of you heard if either of these incentives will be extended beyond January 4th, or if they'll be replaced by anything else?

(As luck would have it, the Equinox that we've had on order since the first week of October has a January 11th build date.)
  • reeboc1reeboc1 Member Posts: 5
    Hi kirkkempen. I ordered my Equinox on October 27. It had a build date of the week of December 21. I went to the dealer on Friday because they called and told me they have a VIN so I could complete my paperwork. I looked at what they had and noticed that my vehicle was shipped on December 22 and has an expected date of arrival of January 8. Seems odd that you ordered early in the month and your build date is January 11.
  • colt_herocolt_hero Member Posts: 107
    I'm in the market for a small SUV - possibly the 2010 Equinox. Reviews seem good, people here seem to like them, however, neither GM nor the dealers are offering any real money to help buy these things. Just out of bankruptcy and GM thinks they can sell cars like Honda and Toyota with little or no rebates and dealer incentives. For an Equinox, it looks like I'd be interested in at least an LT1 unit, but with only a meager $1500 off sticker right now, that would only amount to a 6% discount off MSRP (a terrible deal by my standards)! And obviously if I start adding extras onto an LT1 or jump to a "stripped" LT2, the percentage drops even more!

What happens if 50,000 miles down the road the intake gaskets start leaking (like they did on my '02 Impala)? Is GM going to fix this for free, or am I going to get stuck with the bill (again)?

I don't think GM can be trusted just yet. These "new" vehicles certainly LOOK better, and the reviews are favorable, but we won't know if they actually ARE better for 3-5 years! Let's see some better rebates and dealer discounts for the brave souls that are taking a chance with the "new" GM. Reward us for putting faith in you in the absence of any kind of real long-term test data to justify it...
  • ems1ems1 Member Posts: 48
    I just bought a 2010 LT1 Equinox and am not at all concerned with the long term reliability. I traded a 2006 Saturn Vue for the Equinox. The Equinox is based on the Vue platform that was introduced in 2002 and has had the "bugs" worked out for a few years now. The same can be said for the engine.

This is amusing, I bought the Vue because it had a Honda drivetrain that I thought would be bullet proof. Guess what prompted me to trade the Vue? It was the Honda transmission that turned out to be trouble prone!

I test drove nearly all the competition and the Equinox had the best combination of room, performance & price; in my opinion. The dealer was very competitive in price, offering an overallowance for my trade and discount off the MSRP.
    Forget the trade-in, what discounts did you get off the MSRP?
  • cyberman1cyberman1 Member Posts: 6
    I am thinking of ordering the LTZ 4cyl in black granite with the nav/dvd system msrp 32,405. would like feed back as to what other have been paying lately whether off lot or ordering. dealer quoted $31,015 before the $500 rebate. thanks
    Whoa! That's a LOT of money for that class of vehicle - and that's with a V6, so there goes the gas mileage. I'd be looking at the next class of vehicle up (eg: Traverse) and comparing the deals at those kind of numbers.

Let's face it - the Equinox is little more than an Impala with a roof rack (and AT LEAST a $5,000 mark-up)...
  • bluedadbluedad Member Posts: 9
    "Let's face it - the Equinox is little more than an Impala with a roof rack (and AT LEAST a $5,000 mark-up)... "
    Uh....... No it's not. I've got my LT 2 with V6. Currently 3500 miles on it and I get 28 hwy at 75. I ALSO own a 2009 Traverse LTZ. The Equinox is my work vehicle and the traverse is my family vehicle. Ride is similar to better with the Equinox. Off the line, the Nox takes off much better. Pioneer system WAY BETTER than Bose and MPG is better on the Nox.
    Do you even have an Equinox or did you just test drive one to make this decision?
    You are getting a good price. I retired as a Sales manager for a GM dealership 3 years ago. I ordered a 2010 LTZ Equinox from my good friend who is a sales manager at a Chevy dealer. I went on the dealer computer with him to order my car and I got the car for invoice. You have to understand the dealer pays $611 in advertising on that car and that is added to the price of the car. You are paying about $200 over dealer invoice. The dealer makes his money on the holdback which is about $1000. You will NOT get a better deal than what you got. And believe me, the Equinox is not an Impala with roof racks. I priced many similiar SUVs and they were extremely close in price. Just look at the reviews on the Equinox. I have driven many cars in my life. This Equinox is giving Chevy the boost it needs for a big comeback. Make no mistake-you will love that vehicle.
  • rocketentrocketent Member Posts: 60
    Just saw a news story about the auto industry and compared to December '08, the Equinox sales have increased 121% in Dec. '09. Not that the old Nox was that great of a seller, but come on, 121% - that's huge. Of course that's probably including blown out '09's along with the '10's, but still.... :)