Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Sirius or XM Radio available?

mickeysmstrmickeysmstr Member Posts: 6
edited March 2014 in Ford
Purchased an F150 in January with the audiophile sound system. Anyone know if this equipment is compatible with satellite radio?

I just want something that will plug into my receiver and not have to have any "add-on's" or extra remote controls, etc.

My dealer wants to sell me something of the above for $250, but I don't trust that is the best option. Is there a source from Ford for info?
Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    todd1965todd1965 Member Posts: 16
    I have a 2003 Ford F-150 SC and I just brought Sirius today and the only problem that I have is static. Tomorrow I will take it to Circuit City and have the correct this problem.
  • Options
    mickeysmstrmickeysmstr Member Posts: 6
    Did you replace the factory unit with the Sirius, or did you add an FM modulator? If the modulator, where did you install?

Also, where does the antenna mount?
  • Options
    todd1965todd1965 Member Posts: 16
    I did not have to remove the factory radio, it came with a seperate receiver for the Sirius system. No FM madulator was needed.
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    You might also check the XM & Sirius Satellite Radio discussion for more info on these systems.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host & Future Vehicles Host

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

This discussion has been closed.