Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lincoln LS Prices Paid and Buying Experience

lee_wlee_w Member Posts: 239
edited March 2014 in Lincoln
Enter your Lincoln LS experiences here!

Comments

• ntecntec Member Posts: 17
    I bought a 2000 Lincoln LS 5speed manual v6. Every option except roof for $10,500 cdn. That's with are 15% tax .It has 200,000 kms on it but it's in good condition .It's hard to get a older honda for that price!
  • jerrymcshane1jerrymcshane1 Member Posts: 195
    Anyone have any input on what to pay for an 04' LS new, sticker $44,590? Any response would be greatly appreciated.
  • jrp1jrp1 Member Posts: 2
    just got offered a loaded, sport package 2004 LS V8, 14,625 miles on it for $28,500 from a lincoln dealer. good luck
  • gunnersmategunnersmate Member Posts: 243
    I love the car but feel obligated to tell you to not buy a new one.
  • bamajimbamajim Member Posts: 3
    Gents, I'm new to this forum, but have enjoyed reading your thoughtful, insightful comments. You folks have an appreciation and love for the LS. I've admired the LS since it came out as a 2000 model. But, I've never owned one. Now, with these $5,000 and $6,000 rebates at the end of season on '04 models, it seems like a deal worth taking. Actually, I hope to get a similar deal on an '05 model about June of next year. Gunnersmate, why should I not do this? For the Base - Luxury model, that puts the MSRP at $28K and the final deal will go down from there. The LS is simply a lot of fine machine for that price these days. I like the improvements made to the LS starting in '03. It's a car a plan to own a good 10 years. When I look at other cars in that price range - it simply outclasses them. I do fear that the '05 just might be the last model year. Looking forward to your comments.... BamaJim
    I simply would not buy a new LS at retail. I would buy an 04 or 05 used becasue the depreciation is steep and if you go in haggling hard you will come out a winner. Lets face it; the car is used the moment you drive it off the lot so why not let some other person drive it off first and come in behind them and pick the car up where the market holds its true value.

I love the car and believe in my heart it is worth every penny but I cannot justify buying it new knowing what i know. I recommend the car but not at retail unless you have a ton of cash and you dont mind blowing it.

Heck haggle them on the new one I did but I found a used one with low miles at a substanially lower price.

BTW 06 is supposed to see a redesign so if you wait till the end of 05 you might just get the car in the wrapper really cheap.
    Gunnersmate,
    Thanks for the very quick response. You have more experience in this area so I take your comments to heart. Where would I likely find a good lightly used '03 to '05? - One coming off of a short lease? In my area, there just don't seem to be that many on the streets. Also, the car's color is important to me. (BTW, you sound exactly like Suzi Orman (financial guide) in an article she wrote for CNN/money today.) Ya, what will happen to the DEW98 body after '05 is unclear. The '06 could be the Zephyr. I almost always buy new, getting exactly what I want, and keep the car for 10 years or more. I've had very good luck that way. (My current main driver is almost 9 years old and my wife's is almost 5 - both bought new.) I like knowing the car's every mile and giving it TLC. I will pay a little extra for that. But, by your comments, a little might really be a lot. Thanks, again. BamaJim.
    Thanks for the compliment. I like Suzi a good no nonsense lady. I typically buy mine with about 6 months use on it after having bought 2 news ones I just couldn't find any equity in them except for my wife. I dread car shopping with her and usually buy brand spanking new with the wrapper still on it. This is purely a tactical move; as I said before I dread car shopping with her. It is like shopping with Goldie Lochs.

I shopped the lots and eventually found one for what I thought was a fair price but in leasing terms the residual value of this car has been poor.

Try shopping carmax that is where I got mine. It was 6 months old crisp with a clean carfax history. It was well below retail and had nearly 12k miles on it.

Color was an issue for me as well; I like the Black Lincolns. my dream car is the 64 Lincoln Continental Convertible in Black.

Despite the problems I have had I even recommended the LS to her; nope.. you couldn't have pulled her out of the car before she started shopping for her new car in 03. When she decided to buy a new car the LS was the first choice I expected and whole heartedly supported. Suddenly the LS is not good enough; it became a second class citizen.

I was plenty steamed too; before it was our car and she was clear all too happy to drive it when she became disenfranchised with her old car.

it gets worse but it waaaaay off topic.

Shop well then travel well.
  • dclsdcls Member Posts: 32
    You can't go wrong searching out an LS coming off lease or other low-milage one. We bought a '01 LS, V6 w/ about 29K miles - still under full maintenance warantee. Had a good choice in metro DC area - dealers willing to barter. Also, time of year is significant. Price seems to drop a bit after Thanksgiving. Anyway, it's been a great, trouble-free ride - my wife loves it too. Riders have exclamed!!! so have fun hunting for the one you want.
    Gents, Your ideas about buying used - I took to heart. On the large facilites where I work, we have an area set aside in a parking lot where folks can sell there private cars. I hadn't been over there in months, but early last week decided to just take a peek. Well, no LS's were there, but there were two very fine condition older Lexus'(Lexi). I'm not a fan of those per say, but one was an SC300. It had been sitting there for three weeks because the price in the window was a little too high. I called the owner, took it for a test drive, explained that I really was after a 4-door, but that his car was extremely nice - he knew it and kept it that way. After my kids gave me the okay, the seller and I came to a fair deal and the SC300 now sits in my garage.
      Yes, I still plan to buy an '05 LS, but maybe in 2009. Just remember, it's partly YOUR fault that I just acquired a fine USED machine. Take care.
    I love that car, insert jealousy here. Enjoy!
  • searchinsearchin Member Posts: 1
    I was at a dealer today and was offered 23,990 for a brand new V6 LS (base). Is this a good deal?
  • vettelovervettelover Member Posts: 1
    SoCal dealers are dumping '04 V8 Sports (>40.5k MSRP) for $9k off list price--this sounds tempting and my wife wants to replace the X-type with an LS.

Is this a good deal?
  • garsarnogarsarno Member Posts: 72
    Just bought a '04 LS Luxury V6 - MSRP of $33,295 less rebate of $5,000, dealer discount of $5,000 and additional rebate of $1,000 because I own / traded in a Buick Park Ave. Net price - $22,295 less trade in value of the Park Ave of $6795 (true amount from Kelly Blue Book trade in value). Net cost was $15,500 difference. The car only has the Ceramic White Metallic paint as an option. Picking up this Saturday. Northeast PA is my location.
  • rroyce10rroyce10 Member Posts: 9,332
    ......... For what it may be worth ......

Dealers are only paying the $24ish range for loaded-up 04 V8's with "all" the stuff and miles in the 7/9/11k range, most had MSRP's of $45ish .... based on what your saying on your trade, I would think you could trade your vehicle and $20 grand .. the no option V6's are "cooold" and have the resale value of mud down the road .. in the meantime, you would enjoy all of the options and get it back at trade time ....

Terry.
    I usually do not buy "unloaded" cars but the cost of this was too good to pass up. I love the car's handling, size while the V6 power may not be the most thrilling, it is a better all around "ride" than the Park Ave (inherited from my father's estate) and our '99 Town Car Touring sedan. The resale value may not be up there but the additional options values when trading in are small too with the exception of the V8.
  • lincoln072lincoln072 Member Posts: 16
    I am considering buying a 02 Lincoln LS V6 base model AT trans with 37000 miles. Clean in & out for $13500.

Is this a good deal?

What is a fair price for this car?

Thanks in advance.
    Hi Garsamo,

What is the year, model and price paid ?
  • dclsdcls Member Posts: 32
    YOU CAN'T GO WRONG! I HAVE AN '01 V6 W/ ABOUT THE SAME MILEAGE AND IT'S A PLEASURE TO DRIVE. ASSUMING WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING AT IS IN GOOD CONDITION, THAT'S A LOT OF ENGINEERING FOR THE $. AND THERE'S TIME LEFT ON THE WARRANTEE. AND THE '05 MODEL IS BASICALLY THE SAME CAR.
    2004 LS Premium - Ceramic White / Dove

MSRP $33,295

Rebate 5,000

Dealer Discount 5,000

Additional Rebate 1,000 (traded in Buick Park

(Ave - Conquest $)

Net $22,295

Less Trade $6,795

Net $15,500

Last '04 on the lot. Just a basic LS with only option the Ceramic White paint

I looked at as a $22,000 new Lincoln. After amassing 2,500 miles since mid November, I love the car and only wish it had the luxury package but for $22,000 - a wonderful car. it would be interesting to see the car magazines rate cars based on the actual price paid. At $33,295, the LS is not quite a bargain but at $22,000, I think its a steal.
    Well, $22,000 that sounds like a great price.

I bought a 2002 base with auto trans V6 and 37k in near excellent condition (Total of 2 very minor scratches on L-rear door and 1 dime size dent on trunk lid) I paid $13,500 + tax & Tags about a month ago.

I thought that it was a great price for a 3 yr old car. But now after reading how much you paid...I'm not so sure anymore.

The V6 is not so popular with the LS I have discovered. Although I see the 02's advertised for about $17,000 the demand with V6 is soft.

I'm curious as to what others have paid for a used 02 V6 base LS Thanks.
  • SylviaSylvia Member Posts: 1,636
    A reporter would like to interview someone who recently bought a large sedan such as a Mercedes E-Class, Lexus LS 430, Mercury Crown Victoria or any large Cadillac or Lincoln.

Please send your daytime contact info to jfallon@edmunds.com by Friday, February 11, 2005.
  • 4d4evr4d4evr Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased new '05 Luxury V6 for $25,600. Only had a week but drove 600 miles yesterday and have to say the ride was much better than I expected.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi everyone. Please use the following discussion to post any questions that you have about leasing a Lincoln LS. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • dominic2dominic2 Member Posts: 10
    Hi Car Man,

Can you let me know the payments for a 2 year 30,000 and 36,000 mile lease and a 3 year 54,000 mile lease for these 2 vehicles?

Car 1:
    2005 Lincoln LS V6
    MSRP: $38,160
    Cap cost: $34,125 (not including $5500 incentive)

Car 2:
    2005 Lincoln LS V8
    MSRP: $43,015
    Cap cost: $38,349 (not including $6500 incentive)

Thanks much.
    Hi dominic2. I'd be happy to calculate a couple of sample lease payments for you. I will deduct the $4,000 lease cash and $1,500 Ford Credit bonus ($5,500 total) from the selling prices that you were able to negotiate. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2005 Lincoln LS V6 with an MSRP of $38,160 and a selling price of $28,625 through Ford Credit right now for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $517. An otherwise identical lease with 18,000 miles per year would have a payment of around $549. The 36 month, 18,000 miles per year payment for this car should be $487.

If you were to lease a 2005 Lincoln LS V8 with an MSRP of $43,015 and a selling price of $32,849 through Ford Credit right now for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $567. An otherwise identical lease with 18,000 miles per year would have a payment of around $602. The 36 month, 18,000 miles per year payment for this car should be $479.

The problem with leasing these cars right now is their residual values are absolutely terrible, making them more expensive then they should be.

Car_man
    Host
  • sah2sah2 Member Posts: 10
    Talking with dealer for 2006 LS V-8 with heated/cooled seats, sunroof. Gave me the following information:
    MSRP of $41835
    Sale price of $35800
    Residual Value 44%
    Lease Factor 1%

3 year lease with 15k miles per year...with $2717 down(includes 1st month, $500 security deposit, and cap cost reduction of $1500).

With this being the last model year...are there better numbers to negotiate too? I would be very interested if I can get the numbers to stay at $450 without any cap cost reduction.

Thank you in advance.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,891
    i'm hoping to bring this topic back from the grave to get a couple of answers, if possible.

Anyone know the MFs and residuals on an '06 Ultimate? How about for the '05 V8 ultimate? I'm specifically looking for one with every darned option, including Nav and I'm looking to lease for 36 mos at 15k miles per year.

I know the '06s are being advertised at $10k off sticker, while I heard elsewhere that someone bought an '05 at $18k off sticker.

thanks for any info.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• 740driver740driver Member Posts: 4
    I purchased a 04 ls couple weeks ago - red loaded up v8 16K mi for $19,500 at a Chrysler dealer in PA. Car is in great shape and for the money, I can't think of a better car. This is my first American car in many years. It would be nice if the exhaust had a little more rumble. The more I drive it the more I like it.
  • yup1yup1 Member Posts: 1
    i am looking to buy a 2000 lincoln ls v8 with 46k for 13,800 and i have heard they are expensive to maintain and am wondering if i should go ahead and buy? are they good vehicles?
    seems like a great deal. Congrats!

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

they have their problem areas, but i don't believe they are any worse than most other cars. You'd be better served reading the LS problems board here on edmunds.

$13,800 for an '00 seems kinda high. Even loaded up with Nav and all should be close to $12k.

• heyjewelheyjewel Member Posts: 1,046
    Nav? On a 2000 LS? I don't think so.

$13800 might be a touch high, unless the mileage is low - say under 50K.
    no nav in 2000? ok. doesn't make much of a difference in value anyway. usually adds about $500 to the price of most used cars.

ZZZZZZZZ, whoa who dares wake me :surprise: . Hi qbrozen. Ford Credit is no longer leasing 2005 models. Its lease program for 2006 models often varies depending upon which part of the country one is in. In the areas that I have seen this car's lease program for, if you were to lease a 2006 Lincoln LS through Ford Credit for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its base lease rate and residual value are currently 1.5% and 40%, respectively. As you can see, Ford Credit uses lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. you can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Car_man
    Host
  • andre1andre1 Member Posts: 85
    Ca_Man,
    Can you please provide the July lease rates (money factor, residual) for the 2006 Lincoln LS. I live in the Southeast part of the country. I need the rates for the following. Also, what is the current incentives (rebates, lease cash, etc) provided on this vehicle. Thanks!

24 month / 12K miles per year
    24 month / 15K miles per year
    36 month / 12K miles per year
    36 month / 15K miles per year
  • louisnlouisn Member Posts: 110
    Rebates of at least $9000 now!!!!You can get $15000 or more off sticker.
  • husnainbhusnainb Member Posts: 1
    Does $30,000 plus TTL sound like an okay deal in Austin, TX for an LS V8 with everything except navigation?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    In my area, the local dealers are advertising $14K off of MSRP..

What is the MSRP of this car?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• svdzsvdz Member Posts: 1
    I have test driven this car and I am very impressed. I have looked at the consumer reviews and as always have found them to be highly variable (even a lemon). I believe,rightly or wrongly, That this may be the best value on the market for this level of handling and prefomance.
    What is a good price for this vehicle?
    Given that they are being discontinued and have not been competitive sales wise with BMW/Merc. My other care is a Mercedes.
    I would only buy new with warranty and even extended warranty
    I am selling my 99 SLS.

Scott in So. Cal.
    well, carsdirect is listing them in my area for $14,135 under sticker. That sounds like a good final target. I'd start out a few grand below that, though.

Really depends on the options, too. A fully loaded will mean there is more room to work with.

For instance, if I choose the premium and elite packages, the total is now $15,120 off sticker, bringing the price to $31,841 (what an incredible deal, by the way). On such a car, I'd probably start them with an offer of $29k and work up.

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,256
    is offering 14k off ls stickers. i think it should be more.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • phelan34phelan34 Member Posts: 2
    I bought an 06 LS in October 2006.
    The sticker was $46,000
    I paid $28,500
    add tax, title, and plates to that.
    Not a bad deal, I think.
  • stocklsstockls Member Posts: 4
    Just bought an 03 with 27,500 on it. Paid $13,000 including taxes. Two minor ding's but the price seemed right. Garage kept from a recent widow.
  • bonniesboytoybonniesboytoy Member Posts: 11
    Newbee, Hi, 2002 LS w 66K miles. About a year ago the A/C on the pass side would go to "HOT" and the drivers side would get a little warmer. In the winter I noticed the same with the defroster. After awhile it goes back to cold A/C(if My partner can stand the heat on her side). Dealer can't find the problem since they let it sit with A/C on and no one in it for hours until they get around to checking it again. Bring it in when it happens they say, but by then it's back to normal. Any ideas. Warrentee will run out at 75K...Thanks in advance....Tom.. :mad: :cry:PS would you put this in the right forum, I gooffed.
This discussion has been closed.