Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Saab 9-3 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• drssyoondrssyoon Member Posts: 27
    That was not the OTD price. They add $399 "dealer service charge", and $39 tag fee. I also purchased (based on my 2 other Saabs) a 7 year/100,000 mile $0 deductible bumper to bumper coverage for $2000.

Breakdown -
    Price - $31014
    Dealer service - +$399
    Tag - +$39
    Rebate/discount - -$6000
    Trade in - -$15200 - better than any other dealers' offer
  • catesmomcatesmom Member Posts: 2
    Looking for advice about my July 2007 new 9-5 SAAB Aero purchase. I purchased my car on a Monday at 5pm, knowing it would have a $3,000 rebate/price incentive from GM, along with an owner loyalty incentive. The NEXT day (Tuesday) rebates on the car increased to $4,000. Basically, the dealer has told me that the $1,000 loss is my tough luck. If it were just about any other purchase, I could visit with the customer service department and achieve resolution. Any advice about who, how, where to follow up? - anyone have this happen and successfully seen the price difference refunded? (this is my 5th new Saab... what ever happened to Saab taking care of their customers!?!)
  • piperjackpiperjack Member Posts: 14
    Hi all

I am considering buying a 2007 9-3 2.0T sedan. I am thinking of a 6-speed manual with the 17" premium package.

I would love to get feedback from recent buyers on whether the following deal looks do-able and if I've missed any major points or costs.

Thanks!

Given all the incentives floating around, my thought was to offer $500 over invoice before incentives or

Invoice pricing

Sedan $24.9K
    17" PPackage $1.8K
    Metallic Paint $500
    Destination $745
    +
    Dealer Profit $500

for a total of $28.5K before tax

Minus rebates of $4K+$500+$500 = $5K

Gets to $23.5K. Add TT&L (So Cal) of ~10% = $2.35K

Gets me to $25-26K for the car out the door. Does this seem right?
  • lilshabelilshabe Member Posts: 1
    So I went to turn in my 04 9-3 Arc lease yesterday deadset on not getting anything until to 08's came out....
    Until I saw the reduced prices on the 07's. With my owner loyalty bonus it was a price I couldn't refuse.
    2007 Saab 9-3 black manual
    16" premium package
    cold weather package
    onstar
    moonroof

Thanks to fitzmall.com no haggling, very simple, one price, $23189 for everything except tax/tags.

08 can wait all it really offers is different sheet metal anyway. I'll bide my time until the XWD's are discounted this way.
  • shimbyshimby Member Posts: 5
    how do you value a demo versus new?

I have been offered a demo with 1500 miles, auto, cold weather package (with 4k rebate and $500 mileage deduction) for a price of $23,900. Is this good? or should I wait into november december, I find it harder to find the car i want, or are the dealers playing the game? :)
    how do you value a demo versus new?

I have been offered a demo with 1500 miles, auto, cold weather package (with 4k rebate and $500 mileage deduction) for a price of $23,900. Is this good?
    or should I wait into november december, I find it harder to find the car i want, or are the dealers playing the game?
    the demo is a 2007 9-3 with AT and cold weather package. :)
  • jondc212jondc212 Member Posts: 15
    how does fitzmall.com work? can you explain.. i went on there website already.. does thise mean they cand eliver your car also?
  • nwabillnwabill Member Posts: 5
    I'm looking for a 9-3 2.0 with Anniversary Edition, Auto, Moonroof and cold weather package. Any thoughts on a good price? The sticker price is $31,920. Thanks in advance.
  • tyhwangtyhwang Member Posts: 1
    Hello, guys
    I got an offer for 2007 9-3 60th anniversary $5000 discount. Is it a good deal? I was thinking about $6000 discount. Does anyone buy this car recently?
  • ensconcedensconced Member Posts: 13
    I'm also looking at a 2007 9-3 sedan. The dealer hinted they would start with a $5000 discount and we could negotiate from there. Sounds like I could do better than a $5000 discount but I don't know how much.

My problem... I have to convince my wife this is the car she likes. Negotiating with the dealer will be a piece of cake after that.
  • catesmomcatesmom Member Posts: 2
    nice that they want to give you some incentive. but you likely can get more.

check out some of the special prices at Saab Nashua NH north. It made it worth my drive. Even if it is too far, you can get callibrated as to what they are currently selling for.

Also check the saab USA site for the current offers in your area.

In many places, convertibles seem to be piled up - with deals bigtime. good luck
    I ended up getting a 9-5 Saab. My wife was okay with the 9-3 but she loved the 9-5. Something about the seats.

Got a little more than $6500 off the list price.

Pick it up today.
  • alexdropsalexdrops Member Posts: 1
    I want to buy a 2006 9.3 2.0T, and I found one at Saab of Lakeside, Macomb dealership in Michigan. It has about 26,000 miles on it, gray metalic color and has most of the options. This car was leased for 2 years and just returned. The car is in great condition and runs smooth. They are asking 20,995 for it but they also certified it and extended the warranty for another 5 years/100,000 miles. Is this a good offer? Should I negotiate more ? Please leave me some suggestions and I would greatly appreciate it !!!! Thank you!!!!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    For about $5K more, you could get a brand-new '07 Anniversary Edition model... with no miles, and full new car warranty...

I realize that $5K is a lot of money, but that would be a better deal, I think..

If you want the used one, the "asking price" can usually be bargained down... You certainly don't want to just pay it, without offering less.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• ryanm4ryanm4 Member Posts: 7
    I checked the GM site and incentives had reached $6000 for '06 9-3s and $7500 for 9-3 combis. At the time of this post the incentives are $4000 on '07 9-3s. Any guesses on when the incentives will increase again?
    I read through some forums and an '06 9-3 Aero in December on '06 was discounted $10k off MSRP.
    Does anyone think that with the body style changes for the '08s the discounts could get larger - or happen sooner?
  • snoopy4972snoopy4972 Member Posts: 8
    Does anyone out there know whether the $4000 rebate will remain in effect for October? OR will it increase?

Considering a 9-3 2.0T with the 60th Anniversary Package and Cold Weather Package.

Dealer Invoice is 30,898.00 - 4,000 rebate so 26,898 + taxes, etc.

Apparently, at least in my area of NY, there aren't many left.

I know they are completely differnet vehicles, but trying to decide between the Saab and a Honda CR-V. I don't want to rush into a decision, but I also don't want to miss out on a good deal.

The dealership wants me to take delivery by 9/29 because they claim that they don't know what the rebate will be in October.

Any thoughts are appreciated.
  • jsf99jsf99 Member Posts: 10
    I am about to lease this same vehicle, of which there are very few left here in long island, ny. Saab's sales have actually been up lately, and it did not increase the rebate for september. My guess is that it will remain the same for october, or increase by 1k, given that the 08s are due in shortly. By the way, the 30,898 number seems high--my lease for the same car is based on a selling price more than 500 beneath that number.
  • saabgirlsaabgirl Member Posts: 184
    I know they are completely differnet vehicles, but trying to decide between the Saab and a Honda CR-V.

LOL!! My family fleet consists of two 2000 9-5s and an '05 CR-V. The CR-V is almost perfect for what it is -- a Comfortable Runabout Vehicle. It's very easy to drive, very dependable, hauls all sorts of stuff (a 9'5" kayak fits inside) and is economical to own. The awd is terrific in the white stuff. You will also meet one at, oh, every 2nd 4-way stop intersection you encounter. You'll get no admiring glances should that be important to you.

The Saab is sporting, reasonably inexpensive to drive and insure, is surprisingly practical and you'll grin every time you look out the window and see it in your driveway. Saab 2wd is fine in white stuff; 4wd SUV's have followed my tracks because the Saab broke a better trail in a blizzard than they could. The Saab may have a few quirks that require attention. Or it may be Honda-like from mile #1. You will not meet its twin at every third intersection. It will draw admiring glances if you keep it spiffy, esp. keep brake dust off the wheels.

I'd say the CR-V is the perfect second car. All other things being equal, I'd personally choose the Saab as a primary vehicle, because it's fun without requiring compromises in areas of practicality.
    I made the same decision between the 9-3 and CRV. The analogy by saabgirl is exactly how I felt. The CRV is a perfectly good car, but it didn't beg me to drive it the way the Saab did. It fits like a glove and is fun to drive. I bought the 9-3 Auto, Anniver., Cold Wx with moonroof last month for 27,700 including 6% tax. That is here in Michigan. I see now that they are offering an addtl 500 off in the Detroit area. All I can say is buy the Saab and enjoy the ride, we only live once :D
  • drmorleydrmorley Member Posts: 2
    I waited too long and all the '07 MT 9-3 Aeros are gone from the Chicagoland area.

Does anyone know what the Q4'07 incentives (if any) will be for the '08 9-3 models?
  • infiqx4ownerinfiqx4owner Member Posts: 3
    I am getting a 2007 2.0T with Annv/Moonroof/Auto for about 26245. Does this sound like a good price?

Also, can anyone provide their experience of driving this model so far? Any maintenance issues?

Thanks,
    If you are also getting a metallic paint then I would say that is a good deal.
    All Annv Ed have metallic paint. Does that include tax, cold wx package?
  • infiqx4ownerinfiqx4owner Member Posts: 3
    Yes, Annv ed has metallic paint. I have 2 choices: $26445 w/o cold wx pkg and 27098 with cold wx pkg. (basically inv + 200 from carsdirect.com price - do not include paint option with 60th annv pkg)

Although I want the cold wx pkg, the first one looks a better deal.
  • txsaabtxsaab Member Posts: 1
    Just picked up a 2007 9-3 Ann. Edition, AT, for $26,000. Felt good about the price, and the car is great. No money down (never put down cash on a purchase if the rate is right) and 4.9% financing. Very Happy.

Now....how do I get the Seatbelt2 light to go off when there is no passenger?
  • drmorleydrmorley Member Posts: 2
    I just signed the paperwork on a new 9-3 '07 manual transmission Aero Sedan w/cold weather package for $25,900.
  • sje3333sje3333 Member Posts: 13
    What is the residual on a 39 month lease with 15,000 miles?

The car I am looking at is a 9-3 with the following options:

Moonroof Package
    Cold Weather package

The price I am being quoted is:

Base - 26,214
    Moonroof - 1,068
    Cold Weather - 490
    Destination - 745
    Port - 130
    Local Advertising - 300

Total Cost - 28,947+500 = $29,447

He is quoting me a monthly payment of $431.79 using a 4.35% rate and a 56% residual.

Here are the upfront fees:

First month payment - 431.79
    Security Deposit - $450
    Registration Fee - $167.16
    DMV - $5
    Documentary Fee - $350
    Acquisition Fee - $670
    Tax on upfront items - $71.23

Total upfront fees - $2,145.18

What do you think of the deal. Are the advertising and port fees realistic? How about the documentary fee and acquisition fee (that's a $1,000 between them)?

Thanks,

Steve
  • civilianxcivilianx Member Posts: 3
    long time no lookie, but I gave up on the 9-3 for awhile and decided to go with the MazdaSpeed3 (hatch, 4door).

They were around $24k and had functionality and fun, which is what I wanted.

Then I spoke to VOB Saab in Rockville, MD and ended up with a brand new 9-3 Sport Sedan w/60th anniversary package for the same price as a MazdaSpeed3. I'm happy, but wish they had had one on the lot in SportCombi config vs SportSedan. Less utility, but tons more luxury than the Speed3.

Think final price after discounts was like $23,900
  • jsrowejsrowe Member Posts: 9
    I stopped by my local dealership today to check out the deals on 2007 2.0T verts. They were offering $7500 off (combination of rebate, dealer cash and owner loyalty cash) of all '07 verts.
    MSRP's
    2.0T - 37495
    Auto - 1350
    Premium pkg - 1995
    Cold weath - 550
    Prem audio - 895
    Sand top - 600
    Sub Total - 42885
    Dest. - 745

Total - 43630
    minus 7500
    ---

I realize if they are putting $7500 off in the window that they can go lower. My question is how much lower? Any advice? I hate negotiating but I need it under $35k to feel comfortable.
  • hintzhintz Member Posts: 71
    I think you should be able to pick it up for 35k, with no problem. Make them an offer at 34,750 and close the deal at 35k.
  • biggimpbiggimp Member Posts: 8
    I just finished purchasing an '07 Aero SportCombi w/ 6-speed. There was a HUGE mix-up with my dealer, and they wound up selling me a car they had already sold! Fortunately, they tracked one down in Austin, TX and had it shipped a couple thousand miles to me at no charge. It should be ready tomorrow.

The final price was exactly $28K - the only option was a cold weather package. HOWEVER, the Austin car has the touring package, and my dealership here is adding heated seats, also at no charge.

I think 28K for this is pretty solid, considering I'm getting the cold weather package (minus the front washers) and touring package.

I still can't believe that they sold me a car they didn't have. I knew I was in trouble when I went to give them the final check and the salesman took me into a back room, closed the door, and broke the news to me. If I hadn't signed paperwork and given them a downpayment, I would've been completely out of luck.
  • 07aerosaab07aerosaab Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased an 07 Aero sedan in metro Atlanta (Jim Ellis Atlanta).

Automatic
    Moon roof
    Cold Weather
    Touring Package
    Fusion Blue Metallic

$30,300 after $5,500 incentive. No trade in and financing prearranged, but dealer was able to beat my rate from Capital One. Total transaction took two hours and I have a brand new aero & my husband will be taking advantage of the aero racing school at Road Atlanta!!
    Seems a little high. Was offered an 07 Aero with Metallic/Auto/Touring Pkg for 25k, brand new. includes saab loyalty discount too.
    new 9-3 2.0T Sedan
    automatic transmission
    sunroof
    cold weather package
    Premium 17 package.

Exterior color is Polar White
    Interior color is Parchment.

$32,985 MSRP

$26,643 Net Cost (Plus Fees After $4,000 Rebate from Saab*)

Im located in SF.. i need to decide by this week.. Is this a good price? I was hoping for black but all they have left is white. Should i wait it out or is deal too good.. DEAL or NO DEAL..
    where are you located??

please see my 07 must buy now? or wait for 26k
  • saablcpsaablcp Member Posts: 195
    you can not buy a comparably equipped Aero,new no mileage '07 Aero for $25K...........CAN NOT BE DONE.
    this is not a Aero this is just a 2..0T 2007.. please help 27k?? a good price?? or NOT?
  • jchan2jchan2 Member Posts: 4,956
    This sounds like a pretty good price; I'd jump on it.

And this will give me a good reference point should I walk into the Saab dealer and try to buy one; my local dealer has one exactly like this, only in Silver instead of White.
  • kmurkmur Member Posts: 36
    I am seeing a 4k factory to customer incentive on the 2007 2.0T.. what about factory to dealer cash?

I'm assuming they will do invoice minus the 4000 customer cash, but should go lower if there's dealer cash there too.
    I'm quite familiar with the Saab Family, and the new Aero is sitting in my garage now. 25k plus tax/title
    It definitely can be done! I got my '07 Sportcombi Aero (with touring and winter) for $28,000. Add to that a student rebate of $400, loyalty rebate of $1000. Plus, there's a $1K premium over the sedan to get the 'combi. Take away winter ($550) and touring (about $1100), and you get...

$28,000
    - $400 (student)
    - $1000 (loyalty)
    - $1000 ('combi vs. sedan)
    - $550 (winter)
    - $1100 (touring)

$23,950 (give or take a couple hundred bucks)

So, it's definitely possible.

As a side note, has anyone compared mileage running on regular vs. premium gas?
    Its an 07 Titan Grey with Auto/touring pkg/ and metallic paint for 25k, It can be done easily if your willing to bargain and bargain, The car had 8 miles on it, just an fyi...........
    What would you guys think would be a fair price for the following combinations:

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T SportSedan
    Automatic
    Cold-Weather
    Sunroof
    Fusion Blue
    MSRP $30,565

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T SportSedan
    Automatic
    Cold-Weather
    Premium 16
    Sunroof
    Silver
    MSRP $32,400

Any thoughts? The dealer hasn't started discounting yet (he's offered $500 off of sticker, which is ridiculous) But they do seem desperate to move the '07s.
    I'd say about $5500-$6K off MSRP for the 1st, $6K-$6.5K off MSRP for the 2nd. This does not include any student or loyalty discounts.
    Thanks. I'll be sure to use it those numbers as guides when negotiating...
  • jazzysaabjazzysaab Member Posts: 3
    Comments please...
    Was just about to buy a 2007 saab 93 manual transmission, no frills. great deal I think.. The car was about 26,700 and with rebates, owner loyalty and GM supplier discount and not charging me dealer fees.. I am getting the car for 23,500 Drive out taxes everything. GA has 7.00 tax.

But on my way home I see a 2006 saab 93, auto, heated seats, upgraded stereo, headlight washer, heated seats with 24k miles.. and I talk them down to 17,791... So I will pay 19,500 drive out... taxes everything.

I'm really leaning toward the used vehicle because it's just nicer. More frills.. Great driving car.. And I save 4k...

What you think????
    I think that with less than 2K of the extra 4K you will save, you could buy yourself an extended bumper to bumper warranty, I would go with the 06, but based on the huge rebate and devaluation, i think you could get a bit better on the price of the 06.
    Is the used one CPO?, the 07 has a longer warranty. You can get an Aero down in Florida for around 25K, new automatic though.
  • calfacalfa Member Posts: 1
    anyone have luck in upstate
    ny with a good price on a new 2007 9-3 aero ,automatic transmission?
This discussion has been closed.