Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Land Rover LR3

Comments

• johnmajorjohnmajor Posts: 94
    Got over 14k on my HSE and no problems. Did you try to address the problems & what was the result if you did?

Grommet what say your "friends" at LRNA?
  • grommetgrommet Posts: 445
    johnmajor, I have no idea what you are trying to ask. :confuse: I have had no real issues with my LR3.
  • brugrebrugre Posts: 4
    My wife found the LR3 in early october. Our dealer, LR Las Vegas, was very straight forward; no discount, no pack! I drive an Audi TT so I didn't really understand the truck. The only argument I made to my wife was "new english car." I had a TR3 in college, enough said. The dealer called a few days later to say an hse with the right equipment was purchased for dec. delivery. No choice of color, black pearl, but in time for 2004 tax write off. The car arrived right on time. there have been no unusual problems, replace cd player that skipped, had rear parktronic volume turned up - it is adjustable. We traded a 2001 A6 that I loved , but it had a steady stream of warranty repairs, and it wasn't first year! Our climate in Las Vegas may never expose us to most of the posted problems, but even I have enjoyed highway trips, plenty of passing power in manumatic mode. I do believe in this day and age the gas mileage is ridiculous! Did someone mention a software upgrade that improved mileage? This is the favorite car my has ever had,she even parks it away from other cars. MY advice is if the price range is right for,you go for it, and the HSE is worth the extra money!
  • koeslerkoesler Posts: 57
    Well, after a 6-month wait I finally got my LR3 HSE !! I've had it now for 3 weeks and it's great - no issues yet whatsoever..mileage has been 16.xx mixed, and 18.xx highway. Went to a LR event yesterday at the Hummer test track - and the LR3 just ate it up - totally uneventful. Mud pit, tank trap, moguls, hill climb, etc - no problem at all - TC did not even kick-in that I know of - at least I did not hear it. HDC worked great. Some DII's had problems, but that was due to driver stupidity.

Quality and build are excellent. I've so far added rear light guards, mud flaps, rubber mats, side moldings, and sill tread plates. Wood dash kit is next. Not sure about brush-guard yet - I hate to cut into that pretty face. The "Tonga green" and beige interior look fabulous.

Good luck and enjoy the BEST all around SUV there is..I know, I've had many !!
    "I do believe in this day and age the gas mileage is ridiculous!" & "Did someone mention a software upgrade that improved mileage?"

If you are close to the EPA estimate, there is no magic. Remember, the LR3 is ~5800 lbs. Heaviest in class. The mileage isn't ridiculous... it's actually pretty good considering the weight!
  • kkonekkone Posts: 61
    I have about 2,200 miles on my LR3. Did a short trip from San Francisco to Sacramento and back (flat driving) and got about 18.4 miles per gallon doing about 70-75 miles per hour. I am happy with the mileage considering the weight as noted in earlier post. My 2003 Discovery II barely got 16 MPG.

With a Yakima Roof rack the mileage drops about 1-2 MPG. I am using the Yakima Control towers which make it simple to remove the racks in about 5 minutes.
  • that does not sound right. In a fog lamp situation the last thing you need is high beams. that would defeat the pupose.
  • ajn999ajn999 Posts: 16
    My company bought 2 LR3's in November. 1 is Black (the good one) and the other was White (the bad one) The "bad one" would lose all electric lights without notice. Try driving a car without any lights. After several service visits, the dealer agreed to take the car back (with 6,000 miles) and gave us a brand new one! The replacement car even had the rear a/c option! We are very pleased with Land Rover and how they handled everything. The LR3 is a great vehicle. :)
  • mac24mac24 Posts: 3,910
    "that does not sound right. In a fog lamp situation the last thing you need is high beams. that would defeat the pupose."

Exactly....................but why is it my post (copied below) that you are replying to, 'does not sound right'?

From post #2145: "..I thought the law required them to only be available with dipped, or low, beam...."
  • lr3maybelr3maybe Posts: 134
    Koesler,
    After you install the wood dash kit please post which kit you bought, some pics, and how the install went.
    I have found the following suppliers:
    directcartrim.com which has both synthetic and real wood I believe even though the LR3 isn't listed on their website yet. I believe they do have kits for it. I think this material is very thin (that might be a good thing).
    Also, BDTrims.com has synthetic kits for the LR3. They sent me some samples. It is very nice but very thick. They claim they are an oem supplier for most manufacturers.
    Both kits come in other colors than the LR factory kit, and cost much less.
    I am thinking of a light burl in a black interior but not sure if it will look right.
    JR
  • Wow, that was fun: here in my family gallery are a few of the pics (click on each one to see large image):

http://www.willems.ca/gallery/index.php?Qwd=./2005-06%20Quebec%20Driving%20School&Qiv=thum- bs&Qis=M

I learned /a lot/ about making this car do all the tricks (including driving with two feet, one for throttle and one for brake), and I finally understand all the systems (HDC, Traction Control, etc) properly. I have a much better appreciation of the awsome terrain the LR3 can cover.

And in six hours of driving over obstacles and rocks and though muid, ruts, water and sandI did not ground the car even once.
  • Hey all

I notice that every time I turn the car off (I am in normal height mode) and exit and lock it, within a couple of seconds the rear lets out air and lowers half an inch. Why? Normal or a sensor issue? Do you all see the same?

Michael
  • flownerflowner Posts: 42
    That's normal. In my post sales brief...That's how it was discribed to me. Their words were it's relieves pressure on the air shocks or something to that effect.
  • koeslerkoesler Posts: 57
    Thank you "lr3maybe" for the additional wood-dash-kit site info - I've checked all that I could find but had not seen these. I don't want to spend all the $$ Land Rover wants for their stick-on wood kit even though it's a "molded" kit - I've not found one of those for the LR3. "Veneerz.com" has the cheapest kit and the most pieces (61) - but how will it look in synthetic ? I'm really taking my time on this one..

Thanks again..
  • purchased my LR3HSE in mid march. Java black w/tan interior. A beauty ! Had been reading this forum for a couple of months and was a little hesitant about putting out that much money. I'm glad I did. I have 4,000 miles on it now. Only problem was a white navigation screen that said
    "waiting for download". Took it to the dealer and drove 70 miles home in another new LR3 until mine was done over the weekend. Monday AM it was ready to go. No other problems at all. !
    I've owownedany,many vehicles in my lifetime, many 4x4's. This is without a doubt the best I have ever owned !! It's solid, gives you a very secure feeling, rides very smooth on the highway.
    If it continues this way, it will be worth every penny. I would appreciate any info on wood trim kit at a reasonable price. Thanks. :)
  • purchased my LR3HSE in mid march. Java black w/tan interior. A beauty ! Had been reading this forum for a couple of months and was a little hesitant about putting out that much money. I'm glad I did. I have 4,000 miles on it now. Only problem was a white navigation screen that said
    "waiting for download". Took it to the dealer and drove 70 miles home in another new LR3 until mine was done over the weekend. Monday AM it was ready to go. No other problems at all. !
    I've owned many,many vehicles in my lifetime, many 4x4's. This is without a doubt the best I have ever owned !! It's solid, gives you a very secure feeling, rides very smooth on the highway.
    If it continues this way, it will be worth every penny. I would appreciate any info on wood trim kit at a reasonable price. Thanks. :)
  • dwpcdwpc Posts: 159
    There have been a few posts about aftermarket wood trim kits. I just wanted to advise those folks to be very careful about installation. I've used such kits. The parts were good quality but contact adhesives they use are brutally unforgiving. It can be very awkward to position the pieces. They only way to remove a misaligned piece (and its easy to do) is usually to destroy it. I recommend seeking out installers who have experience handling this stuff and will guarantee a good installation.
  • amfamf Posts: 2
    This is our family's third Land Rover. A Discovery in 1994, another Discovery in 1998. We loved them both and loved our Service Manager. We needed more power to pull a trailer, so in December we took delivery of a fabulous LR3, V8, HSE. Fabulous except for one thing that makes driving, especially long distance driving, really miserable: the driver (and front passenger) headrest is slanted forward at a really uncomfortable angle. No matter where the seat itself is positioned, the headrest is tilted so that the driver's neck is bent forward; it is impossible to sit up straight and have your back, neck, and head rest comfortably. While our rave reviews of our Discovery experiences sent many of our friends buying them, we show the seat/headrest configuration of our LR3 to friends who ask how we like the car and they think it is wierd. Service has no solution..and it is not at all adjustable. ANY SOLUTIONS TO THIS PROBLEM?
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    the driver (and front passenger) headrest is slanted forward at a really uncomfortable angle.

I don't think that is a Land Rover specific problem. I've found that to be true in most cars I have driven.

tidester, host
    The headrest position does not bother me at all. Didn't you catch this in test driving?

Anyway... starting in 2008, a new law will require manufacturers to postion them closer to the head, too. Welcome to the future. :P

New federal headrest standard takes aim at whiplash (12/08/2004)
    http://www.detnews.com/2004/autosinsider/0412/08/D01-27367.htm