Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Land Rover LR3

Comments

• lr3maybelr3maybe Member Posts: 134
    Hi Grommet,
    Can you describe the driving behavior that causes the hard shift to happen on demand? Is it when you accelerate harder after a rolling stop or more gently afterwards?
    Thanks
  • british_roverbritish_rover Member Posts: 8,502
    Are they installing the wiring harness as well as the hitch or just the hitch? The wiring harness does have a geniune hour of instalation time.
    Pretty much all LR3's will do this to some extent because they are so heavy and because they have so much rotating mass in the 4wd system.

It is easy to reproduce by coming to a nearly complete stop, rolling at less then 5 mph, and then tapping the gas. Give it say 20% or 25% throttle and it should do it everytime.
  • tdo123tdo123 Member Posts: 102
    Is the $1500 still good if my dealer agrees to let me use the x-plan? That was hard enough to get them to agree on,but I am sure that they took it right back from my proposed trade!
    Mark

Did you take that drive from Tennessee to California yet? How did the car perform and what did you notice along the way as far as comfort from your MB?
    The 1500 is just like a rebate from Land Rover but there are restrictions on it.

I would not just bring the mailer in as a surprise at time of delivery unless you want to piss off everyone there. Fax a copy of both sides of the mailer to them or bring it by ahead of time. That is just common courtsey and it will give the dealership a chance to make a couple of calls about the dealership.
  • jaltjalt Member Posts: 1
    My wife is shopping for an LR3 and comparing it to the Lexus GX470. Here is the big trade off: the LR3 has much better interior spaces, 3rd row seats that are useable, and seems to have better storage. Our biggest concern is that the LR3 may not be very reliable based on past history of Range Rovers, whereas the Lexus is likely to be outstanding for reliability.

Can current owners comment on the reliability of their LR3s, and if they feel confident that they like the vehicle better than the GX470?

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated!
  • mark156mark156 Member Posts: 1,915
    Hello tdo... I have not taken my trip yet. Maybe in a couple of weeks I'll head west. I will post to let everyone know how the 1,800 mile trip goes.

To those who are thinking of getting the mud-flaps.... I have not seen the LR3 flaps in person but I have seen them on "AutoAnything.com" where I just purchased a custom sunshade. To me, they don't appear to be flexible.

I had mud flaps put on my 2002 Mercedes ML500 and had problems going off-road with them. They were not flexible so when I would go over a rock or a deep crevice the ground would hit the mud flap. I damaged the front driver's side and had to have it re-installed. I wouldn't get mud flaps on the LR3 unless they were flexible because they could be damaged. :sick:

Mark156 :D
    2010 Land Rover LR4, 2013 Honda CR-V, 2009 Bentley GTC, 1990 MB 500SL, 2001 MB S500, 2007 Lincoln TC, 1964 RR Silver Cloud III, 1995 MB E320 Cab., 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach
    jalt, I can tell you right now that the Lexus was not in the running for me when I was looking for an SUV.

First, I can not deal with that big swing-out backwards back door. If you are in your garage, you cannot open it unless your garage is deep. The perfect thing about the split tailgate configuration is that you can open both with the LR3 because the don't need much room. If you park the Lexus parallel on the street and you need to get in the back of the Lexus, hopefully, the car behind you didn't park too close. If you don't have enough room to open that big door you are stuck because if I'm not mistaken, the glass doesn't open. Even if you had a little room to open the door, someone might have to hold it so that it doesn't get caught in the wind or try to close on you.

Secondly, I had the side-hanging seats in my 2002 Mercedes ML500 and they really do take up a lot of room. With the LR3 you can have a third seat AND a rear cover (could not have both with the Mercedes). When I do need to carry more than 5 people, I want a seat they can sit in and be comfortable. I didn't get that feeling with the Lexus.

Granted, the LR3 might have some reliability issues but there are some very good ones. My brother has a 2003 Land Rover Discovery II and has almost 40,000 miles and no trouble at all. I'm hoping that I have the same luck.

Happy motoring! Mark156
    2010 Land Rover LR4, 2013 Honda CR-V, 2009 Bentley GTC, 1990 MB 500SL, 2001 MB S500, 2007 Lincoln TC, 1964 RR Silver Cloud III, 1995 MB E320 Cab., 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach
  • grommetgrommet Member Posts: 445
    I thought X-plan normally invalidates other promo offers. Of course, the dealer could give you something "close" to X-plan... so you can use the promo.
    I have the hard mud flaps and like them. Even doing some hard off-road, I have yet to break one. I'm sure the adjustable suspension and great articulation helps. If was was doing hardcore off-road all the time, I probably would take them off.
    jalt, as always... any online forum is not a good cross-section of owners to decide "reliability" on. If your key buying requirement is "reliability" and you demand [non-permissible content removed]-kissing "customer service", it would be best to look elsewhere. I've personally had no significant problems with LR3 in a year, but there is no way I'm expecting top 10 statistical reliability from Land Rover on a brand new platform.

You also need to figure out what you really "need" -- I've driven the GX470 off-road, and it's probably the closest competitor to LR3. But I'm personally no fan of "Lexus style" and their idea of luxury. As many people have said, the right swinging rear door is a bad design... and, as with almost any vehicle of this size, the 3rd row is dreadful.

For a general use SUV, I'd probably buy the better executed '06 Explorer over the GX, even though that rates low on the waste-money-because-you-can scale. :) There are also many other vehicle options if hardcore off-road is not necessary.

Anyway, remember to browse the GX forum and get feedback there.
  • johnmajorjohnmajor Member Posts: 94
    I went from the GX470 to the LR3HSE7 and after a year and 24,000 miles plus I can say the LR3 wins hands down.
    Lexus were good enough to buy back my GX470 after they could not cure the vibration problems at 65mph.

The other big problem I found with the GX470 is the rear door opening. You get in carpark with someone close and you have to pull forward to allow the rear door to open?

The seats in the GX470 are more comfortable though! But forget their 3rd row compared to the LR3
  • johnmajorjohnmajor Member Posts: 94
    Michael,
    You made me check my average speed (it was zeroed at the start of the trip from St Augustine) and it was 56mph for the whole trip. I came through torrential rain, sleet & snow going through the mountains in SC and VA.
    I mostly drive with the traffic unless my radar detector is buzzing!
  • manoftastemanoftaste Member Posts: 51
    no, i asked just for the hitch, and i also mentioned that i need it for the bike rack...
  • trm2trm2 Member Posts: 42
    I had just asked about my fuel economy suddenly changing. Thanks for reminding me about tire pressure!

LR had lowered it yet again at the 15,000 mile service. I always keep it filled to max suggested pressure. They lower it to improve ride (at the expense of fuel economy).
    It may or may not you need to read all the stipulations on the back of the mailer to see. We hate all the X, S, A and whatever plan because the people that have them are a lot of times jerks although not always and they usually just assume they can get that price on any car.

I had one guy asking why he could not use his X plan on a SC Sport or Range and I told him because we will not honor the X plan. He gets all huffy and border line whiny about it. I am sorry sir these cars are sold for MSRP only and presently there is a wating list for both of them.
  • tc210tc210 Member Posts: 3
    After a good 60 days of due diligence and test driving many vehicles, I took delivery of an 06 HSE the evening before Thanksgiving (with many concerns but the LR3 was my wife's choice so that's the vehicle we got...I mean I even let her pick the color). As I remained concerned about the many problems I read about here and was not convinced that the resale would be much better on this vehicle than other LRs, I looked at the 58% residual and 5.1% APR equivalent in the US Bank 12K miles/year program and decided to lease for 36 months.

On Thanksgiving I went to take one of my brothers for a drive and was welcomed with a "parking brake fault" warning on the info display, a solid red and flashing amber warning light on the dash. A combination of a full schedule, never using the parking brake and a conversation with our salesman did not prompt any sense of urgency, I did not get the vehicle in for service until this week. As if the 1 hour wait to get my rental dodge stratus (never thought to ask what type of loaner cars they give during service) to drive for the day wasn't bad enough, I returned at the end of the day after no phone follow-up from the service writer (even after I left him a voicemail) to be a new module needed to be ordered, due to the New Years holiday it would take several days to receive from the east coast, and that the whole braking system and all four hubs had to be taken off the car resulting in two days of work after they receive the parts. The service guide told me a week to 10 days would be realistic to get my vehicle back. Without my asking they did set me up with a 06 LR3 SE7 to use until my vehicle is repaired.

This is the first SUV I have owned after 4 years with a Volvo XC70 for our family vehicle. Trying to ignore the repair issue, here are my short term impressions: Fit and finish is excellent, visibility is good, ride a bit harsh for my tastes, front seats very average compared to the volvo and my CLK...seat bottoms are way too short and I am only 5'10".. cannot see memory seat settings with door closed, V8 engine acts well and inspires confidence drving such a heavy vehicle, Logic7 stereo is ok but not audiophile quality, navigation is excellent for our needs so far, placement of clock and radio station display very poor as you must take your eyes off of the road to check the time, rain sensing wipers apear to be more speed sensitive than moisture sensitive causing wipers to be controlled manually using mist setting at high speeds as they run too often no matter what the sensitivity setting, storage is great, tailgate works as advertised...popped gate down..put window back down ..jumped up on tailgate to hoist 8ft xmas tree on top of vehicle.

This is my wife's vehicle, she loves it as she is good at seeing the positives and forgetting the negatives (she did marry me!), but as i told the salesman when he asked "did they get that taken care of" when he saw me talking to the service guide...only 35 more months to go!!

I will post follow-up of the outcome.
    I certainly understand that the dealerships don't love the various types of plans, but it is not the buyers fault. If there is an offer available that allows someone to save money, most want to try and take advantage of it.

My dealership said that they didn't do "lots" of x-plans, but that they would do it. I told them I would wait until they had inventory and they said I could order one and not wait.

As far as the promo, it does state that it can be combined, however, I think you are correct, x-plan itself, voids other offers.
    I understand and it is not that I hate the various plans just from the get go it is just the way that people use them. Just use some common sense you are not going to get X-Plan on a limited production car that typicaly goes for sticker and sometiems above. Don't get mad when we say we will not honor X-Plan on those vehicles but people tend to anyway.

Another thing I have noticed is people will hide that they have x-plan or whatever. They will go through the whole negotiation process waste a lot of our time and agree to a price and then bring up X-Plan.

I mean how would you feel about spending on hour or so negotiating a deal that might be a little lean but is ok and then the person goes oh yeah by the way I have ___-Plan so how much extra do I get off now? I have had people call the next day after putting down a deposit and everything having been completed and then want a better deal with X-Plan. Generally these people are almost to X-Plan already but they want that extra 250 bucks too.

Just be honest up front and say at the start of the negotiation, not at the start of the demo/test drive, but just at negotiation that I quallify for ___-Plan and want to use that what will my price be.

Boom we can figure that out in 2 minutes and decide if we want to honor the plan for that particular vehicle. That we we are not wasting time for either one of us.
    Agreed. I am sure you meet all types of people and all go about their "dealing" in different ways.
  • tahoedogtahoedog Member Posts: 6
    Good News. The dealer said my problems were due to low voltage in the battery. He is guessing it was never fully charged from the factory? Seems a bit strange but they said the battery was OK and just needed a full charge. I'll keep an eye on things but I'm happy to get by car back. :)
  • tahoedogtahoedog Member Posts: 6
    My wife likes the look of the A-Frame Protection Bar on the LR3 and I was planning on having it intalled. Fortunately I asked the service guy at my dealer and he showed me one. After seeing how flimsy the top fasterners are, I decided not to get one. The top fasteners are so flimsy one of them unhooked when the service guy shook the protection bar! He was saying, "I think the fasteners are rather flimsy, OOPS"...
  • kkonekkone Member Posts: 61
    Hey Tahoedog: I would recommend that you save your money and just install a set of the Yakima Control Tower mounts in the factory rack tray and then mount the normal round cross bars with the Yakima ski racks. I drive 200 miles from the San Francisco Bay Area to Lake Tahoe and have no wind noise. By going with Yakima racks instead of Land Rover you will have a lot more options in terms of other attachments you put up there. The rack takes about 5 minutes to take on and off the car. It locks with the same (SKS System) key for the racks and the ski racks.

Hope this helps
    Kevin
    hello freinds,

so after months of lurking around and posting endless stream of questions, i finally purchased my first land rover yesterday, '06 HSE (LUX & HD) zambezi with alpaca (i know i know, the silver with black thing. i sort of went for the airy and luxurious feel of beige, it doesn't look all that bad with silver from outside). this thing of beauty arrives at the dealership on the 5th and am hoping to drive it home the next day (although, i will certainly be at the dealer on the fifth to take a look) so i can have a little inaugural weekend trip. besides being my first land rover, this is also my first time buying a brand new car so any advice will be really helpful...also, about the break-in procedures, etc.

just wanted to thank everyone for all the help and answers that i have gotten from you all. obviously, extremely excited and just cant wait to drive it. Also, the dealer honored the $1500 offer from LR.
    Hi Jalt,

i test drove both the GX470 and LR3 several times before making my decision. in fact, i test drove the LR3 for a total of six times and at another time i rented it and kept it for a couple of days for a trip out of town. for those couple of days i had a chance to drive the LR3 in various driving conditions, the stop and go traffic in the city as well as on the freeway, and i had zero complains. quick turns, pick ups and stops here and there were great.

once, i owned a 95 mitsubishi montero SR (the original bigger model with the variable valve timing 24 valves DOHC 3.5 liter V6 with 215hp/228 torque@3000 rpm motor to move arouund 4440 pounds), i know, no comparision at all, but when i owned it, believe it or not, it had been the motor trend's fastest SUV just a year before i bought it (0-60 in 11 some seconds. yes, back then, this was considered fast for SUVs). and with that truck i wasn't really happy when i would be in a rush and would go thru city blocks of stop and go traffic. when i test drove the GX470, its top heaviness and other ride characteristics reminded me a little bit of my montero.

the ride quality of LR3 is more refined then the GX470 which felt a whole lot more top heavy. i mean i dont wanna say only negative things about the GX470, the pick-up of its new 270 some horse power engine felt good and smooth, etc., the leather quality and seating were very comfortable, and there are other bunch of things that i had really liked in the GX470 such as the rear view camera and a household type AC outlet in the back to connect laptop or other stuff (no converters required), etc. but the ride quality and the solid one-piece feel of LR3 more than made up for the other stuff. pop up the hood and then shut it, open a door and shut it, sit in the rear seat and then grab one of the handles on a front seat head rest and try shaking it a little. I mean, this vehicle is seriously built like a tank.

it also very much boils down to the personal liking/taste as well. for instance, the GX470's dashboard is very luxurious and plush and everything, but i was just not diggin it all that much. I liked LR3's cockpit style design and chunky controls, etc.

As far as the reliability goes, yes i was also very much concerned, but i also knew that ford/landrover have gone to great lenghts to make this product of theirs a reliable one. they have seriously attempted to undo their bad rep in this regard. i mean pretty much everything on this vehicle, the trim pieces, all the 4WD hardware/drivetrain and its components, etc. have been extensively tested over and over in various parts of the world. and personally i decided to take comfort in that. I doubt it that even the current Range Rover has gone thru so much testing. as of this writing for your money, with LR3 you get the exact same drivetrain as in Range Rover and a much more strong and better chassis/platform good for both serious offroading (more wheel travel and rear diff lock, which i think is not available in rangie) and on road driving for around 25k less.

my 2c...
    Congratulations on your new LR3 HSE purchase! I know that you will love it once it arrives. I've had mine about 3 weeks and enjoy every minute of it.

I have 625 miles on my SUV and will be going on a 1,800 mile trip in two weeks. I want to get close 1,000 miles on it before the long trip.

The Land Rover dealer said my next service will be at 7,500 miles. They never mentioned any "break-in" procedures. Since this is my 10th new vehicle (had 4 used ones) I know not to "over extend" the RPM gauge. I've never had a problem with the break-in of any of my new cars.

Mark :D
  • pbroverpbrover Member Posts: 43
    Just picked up my new 2005 :confuse: HSE7. I have 3 kids under 7 so I want to have installed the Land Rover Rosen video system. From the pictures on the web it looks like the Land Rover kit used to install the system removes the "reading lights" which are a part of the rear seat climate control panel. Am I right? :confuse:
    There are lights in the rear bumper that I cannot get to turn on. I thought they were the rear fog lights, but they do not turn on when I turn on the rear fog lights (the rear fogs turn on but they are in the brake light assembly). What are they and how do I turn them on? :confuse:
    Found this post from another forum. At one time it seems that the 2nd row seat covers were incorrectly made. Has this been fixed. The post was from Feb 2005. Does LR tmake 3rd row seat covers?

Because I have a 5 year old I decided to invest in a waterproof seat cover for row two. £160 later I tried to ft them. All nicely tailored with LR logos. They would look just the job. Unfortunately I've just spent a frustrating time trying to get the middle seat back cover to fit on row 2. The designers seemed to have forgotted that there is a seat belt attached to the middle seat back. They haven't allowed a split up the side of the seat cover to allow it to go around the seat whilst leaving the seatbelt operational. D'oh!

Update 7/2/2005:
    Contacted LR. Apparently there was a manufacturing fault with the initial batch. They have issued a recall and I should get a new set in days.
    Has anybody figured out a way to protect the carpet on the rear tailgate?
    phrover, my understanding is that the rear bumper lights are just reflectors; they do not illuminate.

Mark
    Yes, the Rosen/Land Rover unit has its own lighting. The kit replaces the whole unit assembly, so you lose the original lights. If you don't like this, a custom installer may be able to do different install with a smaller unit that will require less modification.
    So, what made you think they were lights? They look like reflectors. Just curious... :D FYI: I broke one reflector on my LR3... I think it cost me $15.
  • sail367sail367 Member Posts: 2
    Have purchased 2006 RRS - backup camera was not an option. Have you had any success with your camera invesitagtion/integration with the LR3?
  • sail367sail367 Member Posts: 2
    Would appreciate info on backup camera connection/installation for my 2006 Range Rover Sport. LR doesn't offer a backup camera for the RRS. I could also watch DVDs on my GX470 display when in park with the emergency brake on. I went to the link but it wouldn't open. Thanks
    As posted before, no solution. Nav-TV is supposedly working on something, but I'm sure it'll be costly. Sorry, I have not figured out how to "tell" the system to enable the latent rear view camera logic -- that's the first step. (It exists on 05+ Range Rover... which has common infotainment electronics with the LR3 and RRS now.)

Beyond that, you'll need to see if any custom installers have come up with total screen "bypass" solution... which is common on other makes.
    We have started offering an aftermarket back up camera system for the LR3 and the Sport. The camera plays on the screen for vehicles equiped with navigation and in the interior rear view mirror if you do not have nav. We have not installed it on any vehicles yet but when we do install I will let you guys know how it looked.

I really don't understand the facination with the back up camera. I mean I understand everyone wants more toys but honestly for the sport and the LR3 you do not need it the vehicles just aren't long/wide enough. You have PDC and great visibility out of the vehicle along with pretty large mirrors.

I used to work for UPS and we have back up cameras on all of our larger trucks because you have no way of seeing out the back because of the solid rear doors. You should still only use the back up camera as a guide and continue to use the mirrors and look behind you as well.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    This member felt the same way until he got a backup system on his newest SUV:

paisan, "Cadillac Escalade" #776, 7 Aug 2005 12:42 am

Steve, Host
    I was talking about back up cameras not sonar like systems like Park Distance control or Mercedes Parktronic.

From his post it seems like he was talking about the beep, beep type sensors that beep faster as you approach an obstacle. Those are very good to have espesialy with vehicles like ours and they are even useful off road since they can let you know if you have the clearance to make it around a boulder or tree.
    british_rover, please post whose aftermarket product you are installing if your service department ever get one installed & working on a Navigation equipped vehice. :) And, if at all possible, some details how it's connected to the screen -- I assume some form of total video bypass, unless someone finally did enable and use the dormant "Range Rover" backup camera bits.
    I will track down the name of the company sometime today and post it. I will let you guys know if we ever install one.
  • cppcpp Member Posts: 33
    I really don't understand the facination with the back up camera. I mean I understand everyone wants more toys but honestly for the sport and the LR3 you do not need it the vehicles just aren't long/wide enough. You have PDC and great visibility out of the vehicle along with pretty large mirrors.

I'll have to respectfully disagree with you here. Granted, the camera isn't absolutely needed, but it sure is a nice-to-have feature. It just seems odd that you would say there's no need for the camera, then defend the PDC - they both address the same issue, it's just that the camera does so much better. There's no need to wonder just how much clearance the different beeps represent, just look and see whether you've got 1', 6", 1"...
    As with many nice-to-haves (keyless ignition, integrated XM, intelligent cruise, integrated DVD...), I originally doubted that the camera would really be worth having. After about 2-1/2 yrs of driving a vehicle in which I can back up within an inch or two of the car behind me with no fear of contact, it's actually pretty annoying not to have the camera in the LR3.

As with all my opinions, this one is my own, and yours may vary.
    CPP
    The difference with the PDC is that it is not monopolizing your sight it is using your hearing. The thing about the back up camera is I get worried that some people will rely on it too much and not pay attention to their surroundings. The camera should be used just as a guide but you should also check all of your mirrors, turn around and do all of the other normal stuff you do when you back up. The PDC doesn't make you look down at as screen for it to function since you can just hear it working.

I do like the Range Rover back up camera over say the lexus versions of it since the camera is mounted up high by the roof line and therefore gives you sightlines that are closer to natural. The lexus camera is mounted down low by the bumper and you get this very weird look of the world.
    The biggest benefit for a reverse camera for would be to see debris or small children that you or the PDC sensors might not normally see. Beyond that, I'd agree with british_rover. I can park within a couple of inches with just PDC and "experience." And yes, like most technology... I'm sure reverse cameras are abused now. You still need to turn around and be aware of your environment.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Yeah, Paisan has the OEM beep style sensor, although he's working on his carputer install and I wouldn't be surprised to hear he connected cameras to his DVD screen.

It was interesting to see Paisan do an about face on the usefulness of the reverse sensor - this is a guy who works and drives a lot in Manhattan and usually parallel parks, like everyone else there, by "feel."

Steve, Host
    Everyone should also keep in mind that its not just about convenience and safety.

Another important aspect of this discussion that should not be overlooked is the fact that expectations tend to change with changing times, technology, and what-you-get-for-your-money. About ten years ago when i bought my near-lux category SUV, I was more than ok with only one driver's side airbag because, well, thats usually what we got back then for the price I paid for the car. Now I wouldn't imagine paying that amount of money and not getting passenger's side airbag.

In today's highly competitive market when you have other manufacturers offering certain amenities/niceties (that are sure to become "cannot live without" necessaties or perhaps mandatory specifications in the future) within the same class/category and price range, your expectations alter accordingly.

I drive in Manhattan every day, and having driven for more than 23 years (bulk of it in Karachi, if you have driven there and are still alive, you can drive any where in the @#!ing world) I certainly consider myself an "experienced" driver. But I would not mind having a camera which I could use to be able to parallel park and stuff in the cramped cross streets of Manhattan literally within inches without having to kiss the crude and rusty bumper of the delivery truck parked behind my brand new SUV, and ofcourse not by just staring at the nav screen only but looking around as well.

Furthermore, we all know very well that LR certainly would want to maintain a distance between their top dog and the rest of their lineup. And we LR3 owners suffer from that a little. Otherwise, I am damn sure we would have had that very same camera in our LR3s that they offer in the very same core system in the Range Rover aside from other things like motorized stearing wheel tilt/telescopic controls, etc., which are available in the very vehicle Land Rover is trying to compete against, the GX 470.

Now, having said all that, I want you guys to know that I do understand that we are also paying for the name brand, heritage, a high "cool" factor, extra heavy duty hardware and the capabilities that come with it, etc., and other things like events/adventures and the thrill of it and such that usually are not necessarily associated with other brands within the said price range and therefore set the LR brand apart.
    With as many problems as the range rover has had with the power tilt/telescope steering wheel you really do not want one.
    British_... that's why I wasn't concerned about NOT getting the "turning" headlights... I've never had them before so I wouldn't miss them. To me, it's just one more thing to break.

And, I'm glad that I don't have the electric steering column (not available on the LR3 anyway) because they usually are too slow moving, and again, just another thing to break.

Also, I saw a black LR3 just like mine today and it HAD the mud-guards. Just as I suspected, they don't appear to be flexible so they could break during rough terrain. If they are flexible, I will stand corrected. :blush:

Manoftaste... good post above. :shades:

Mark :)
  • paulnyc1paulnyc1 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought an LR3 SE with PTI. My phone has bluetooth but many of the features only work with a phone docked in the car. Does anyone know what phones can dock in the LR3? My dealer was unsure but thought only Nokia. Anyone know which ones work? Or can the dock adapt to other phones? thanks.