Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford 2001 Heavy Duty F-250

timmctimmc Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Ford
Can anyone tell me when the 2001 Ford Heavy Duty
F-250 is due to start production?

Tim

Comments

• bowhuntwibowhuntwi Member Posts: 262
    www.deisel.com I also heard rumors they were shutting down the 2000 year on July 28th.
  • sclivingstonsclivingston Member Posts: 9
    Two different dealers here in Georgia told me that the factory would shut down 28 July for vacation, maintenance, and retooling, and start back up on 28 August with the 2001 production models.
  • tymtym Member Posts: 1
    I'm trying to get an idea of the fuel mileage of 1998 or newer F250 V-8 and V-10 pickups from owners.
  • bowhuntwibowhuntwi Member Posts: 262
    F250 00 CC 5.4 4.10LS 265s HD Suspension 4x4 just got over 1000 miles on it, in city with mixed driving I get around 12.5, on the highway I get right around 15 loaded. I'm not complaining.
  • truckfreaktruckfreak Member Posts: 3
    First, I tried to order a F250 SD Crewcab 4x4 with the V10 and a 3.73 Limited Slip. Dealer came back and said I would have to either take an open diff, a 4.30 or order the diesel to get the 3.73 Limited. Anyone own the new turbo diesel, whats the noise level at cruise?, also does anyone know what the new 2001 will have over the 2000?
  • redufo2redufo2 Member Posts: 13
    Truckfreak, ordered and took del. 11-12-99 of the truck you spoke about. It the limited slip was still an option at that time.
  • heimyheimy Member Posts: 13
    My 2000 F250 with V10 seems to average about 11 mpg. I'm kind of a lead-foot. 3.73 rear end, ext. cab, short box, big 295 tires, 4x4. Ordered June '99, received Feb. '00. I love this truck.
  • folivierfolivier Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone have a 1999 or 2000 F-250 SD Crew Cab SB with a 5.4 V-8 and 3.73 Limited Slip rear end? What type of Highway mileage are you getting.
  • rrichfrrichf Member Posts: 211
    truckfreak,
    Regarding Super Duty cab noise level from the 7.3L diesel and using the A/C. (I wear two hearing aids and my wife wears one in her right ear.) The only noise measurement that is quantitative is the radio volume control.

In town typically 3 1/2 bars.
    On the road at 65 MPH, 5 bars. When wife want to hear a bit better on the road, 6-7 bars.

Rich
  • newtruck4menewtruck4me Member Posts: 2
    I am looking to buy a 250 sd 4x4 extended cab,long bed. I am wondering about the projected gas milage versus the v-8. Is the extra $4000 for the diesel worth the money. I,m planning on keeping the truck for many years.
  • 2001f2502001f250 Member Posts: 1
    This is what Ford sent me for the 2001 SDs.

- Trademark attributes such as power, capability and amenities are
    improved for the new model year as evidenced by the horsepower increase
    in the 7.3L diesel engine (from 235 to 250), standard trailer tow
    package across all trims, and the availability of both chrome tubular
    cab steps and an in-dash 6-disc changer.

- Improved fuel economy by addition of valance air dam (Late
    Availability)
    - Child tethers standard on all seats (Late Availability)
    - New seat sew style on XLT and Lariat seats
    - New colors added:
    Dark Highland Green Clearcoat Metallic
    Toreador Red Clearcoat Metallic
    True Blue Clearcoat Metallic
    - Power mirrors standard on XLT
    - New chrome steel wheels standard on XLT
    - Fog lamps standard on XLT and Lariat trims
    - Color keyed bodyside moldings on XLT and Lariat trims
    - Reverse vehicle aid sensor available on XLT and
    - Heated seats available on Lariat trims
    - 265/75Rx16E BSW all-season tires standard on Lariat trim
  • naumancnaumanc Member Posts: 1
    Regarding the 2001 options, The improved fuel economy by addition of valance air dam (Late
    Availability) sounds good. I hope it looks OK.

It was also nice to know that Ford finally added Fog Lamps to the SuperDuty. That has been a long overdue feature.

I have a new 2000 F-250 Lariat SuperDuty 4x4 with the V-10 engine on order. I believe that the lumbar support for the captain's chair passenger seat is not available. After speaking with Ford Engineering, the passenger captains chair is identified by assembly drawing as a with and w/o lumbar feature. Even more confusing is that the Excursion Limited does offer the passenger lumbar feature. Anyone know about this issue?
  • demunsondemunson Member Posts: 1
    Don't the 2000 SD 250 Lariat come with the lumbar support as a default? It is the knob on the side of the seat. Was playing with it today.

P.S. 12.7 miles per gallon @ 10k miles.
  • 2001sd12001sd1 Member Posts: 2
    Is there any news regarding V8 or V10 engines.
    Are the diesels really as bad as I have been reading?
    How do you get 2001 info from Ford?
    Thanks for the help.
  • bigsnagbigsnag Member Posts: 394
    I guess you meant bad as in bad-[non-permissible content removed]. The powerstrokes are truly awesome motors. The only thing that sucks about them is the initial cost. The are very powerful, great on fuel, and have pretty low maintenance costs, on average.
  • mike9630mike9630 Member Posts: 10
    the bigger engine will always give you better milage on the highway. keep in mind that it takes less rpm's to pull 8500 gvw+ with a bigger engine. to the guy with the ford spec's you better look again, the horsepower on the powerstroke is already 250 the horsepower is going to 300 with a 6spd manual trans. as far as noise levels, if you have an 99.5 to 2000 model you should see your dealer there is an technical service bullitan on replacing the #8 injector with what navistar calls a long lead injector it quites this motor down alot. tsb # 00-10-01 takes less than a day to do the work and is well worth the down time
  • modvptnlmodvptnl Member Posts: 1,352
    I don't understand your comment. The motor has nothing to do with RPM's on the highway. It's how the vehicle is geared. If both vehicles have the same rear end ratio and tranny(I realize the diesel has a 6 speed available but the I believe the OD's are very close.) then won't the RPM's be the same at any given speed?
  • 2001sd12001sd1 Member Posts: 2
    Mike
    is the diesel much more fuel efficient?
    what has been your experience with dependability?
    where did you get the 2001 info/
    Thanks for your help.
  • chadb5chadb5 Member Posts: 2
    Check What Specs? The Powerstroke does not have 250 HP until the 2001 year. All others have only 235 HP and 500 Ft.lbs. Where did you come up with these "Specs"? Going to 300 HP on a six speed mannual tranny? I don't think so. Ford lists no literature on the power increase for 2001 other then going from 235 HP to 250 HP. If you really know something that Ford isn't even telling the Large-volume dealers why don't you back-it-up and let the rest of us know where you discovered it. This would be excellent news if I knew it was true.
  • tanrattanrat Member Posts: 2
    THE POWERSTROKE IS RATED AT 250 HORSE AT THE
    CRANKSHAFT BY INTERNATIONAL WITH NO ACCESSORIES.
    FORD RATES THE HORSEPOWER WITH ALL ACCESSORIES
    ON AND ENDS UP WITH 235.BY ACCESSORIES I MEAN
    ALT.AC,POWER STEERING PUMP,CLUTCH FAN.IF THE 2001
    GOES TO 250 YOU CAN SEE WHAT YOUR GETTING.
  • oakridgeoakridge Member Posts: 4
    Since the Excursion has heated seats I am wondeering why I can't find that as an option?
    Does anyone know if heated seats may be an option
    on the 2001?
    What is the actual highway mileage of the Powerstroke?
  • zman2000zman2000 Member Posts: 4
    OAKRIDGE AROUND 16 TO 20 THE GOOD NEWS IS THIS KIND OF MILEAGE CAN EVEN BE 16 TO 20 WHILE YOU ARE TOWING wow! SPEND THE EXTRA MONEY AND GET THE BEST MOTOR OUT THERE CALL ME I HAVE F250 LARIATS 4WD 7.3 V8 POWERSTROKE
    I remember agreeing to NOT shamelessly solicit on this website??? I guess the rules have changed since I signed up.
    NOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    OKAY MR. SNAG I PROMISE NOT TO SOLICIT BUT I WOULD LIKE TO HELP MY FELLOW WEB SITE MEMBER AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE SO KEEP THE QUESTIONS COMMING. A I'LL DO MY BEST I CAN TO REFRAME FROM PASSING GOOD DEAL ON THIS SITE !

Z-MAN
    The key to turn that off is on the left side of your keyboard. Just hit it once. That should allow you to STOP SCREAMING!!!!
  • cdeancdean Member Posts: 1,110
    zman, you come across as one of those Slick Willy dealers that will do and say whatever it takes...you know, one of those people that no one wants to deal with....
  • tanrattanrat Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2000 F-250 CREW SB 3.73 AND 5.4.With
    about 6 tanks of gas through it I've seen a high
    of 15.2 low 12.6 no towing yet.
  • sovercash1sovercash1 Member Posts: 112
    Guys I don't know if you can believe the site, but normally they are correct on the info..7.3L

Diesel Engine -

SuperDuty F-Series
    Automatic Transmission
    2000 Model Year 2001 Model Year
    235 HP @ 2600 RPM 250 HP @ 2600 RPM
    500 LB.FT.@1800 RPM 505 LB.FT.@1800 RPM

Six Speed Manual Transmission
    235 HP @ 2600 RPM 275 HP @ 2600 RPM
    500 LB.FT.@1800 RPM 520 LB.FT.@1800 RPM
    (delayed availability for manual transmission)

Here is the full article..
    http://www.blueovalnews.com/2001_powerstroke.htm

Steve
    To cdean i am not one of those dealer but i am a salesman who like you has to pay bill so your right when you say i will do anything like sell most of our inventory at a $100. over I sorry I can't do that on 2001 modle or F250/350 yet but you and Mr snags will be the first to know....
  • wild99wild99 Member Posts: 1
    I heard last week that either this year or next year that Ford would replace the Powerstroke with the Cummings Diesel anybody here anything about that.
  • cdeancdean Member Posts: 1,110
    it is a wild, entirely unsubstantiated rumor that has gone on for years.

The answer is no. Ford has contract and Navistar has a new engine developed that will power Fords for the next 5 years. Cummins isn't even in the picture for Ford light duty pickups.

In the 2 ton applications (big delivery trucks), you have always been able to get Cummins in Fords, as well as Cats, or Detroit Diesels, or Internationals.
  • sinclair2sinclair2 Member Posts: 1
    My truck will be used mostly for basis transportation and occasionally to pull an l8 ft enclosed trailer weighing 4,500 lbs. Is the 5.4 up to the task or is the 7.3 worth the extra money, noise, and smell? If I were hauling over 6,000 I would go for the 7.3, but in this case, just don,t know. What's your opinions? My last question-when will the dealers be taking orders for the 200l's .
  • bassmannbassmann Member Posts: 1
    I just got back from the local Ford dealer, placed an order for a 2001 F-250 SD SC SB 2wd
    diesel 6sp.
    I hope it is everything I heard about it.
    I killed my '91 302 this weekend.
    we have a 6000lb camping trailer we pull regularly.
  • rrichfrrichf Member Posts: 211
    sinclair2,
    No towing done here but the engine of choice is the 7.3L diesel. I just like the diesel. If you're pulling on a regular basis I think that the best choice is the diesel. But, then again, I'm just weird.
    Rich
  • horseman2horseman2 Member Posts: 2
    I posted this in another area but I see these may be newer postings.

I am planning to purchase a 2001 F-250 SD 4WD (probably diesel) to replace my faithful 1988 suburban. We plan to switch to a 5th wheel camper from our tow behind camping trailer. My question is: can I tow with the short box F-250? Is there enough room for the hook up or does it have to be the long box? I have never towed a 5th wheel at all, and I see that many of you tow regularly. It would only be several times a year but I think they look and sound like awesome trucks.

I have been reading with interest the many postings here about the Ford Super Duty's and am becoming more convinced that this is the truck for me.

Any help would be appreciated. This is my first time (well second now) in the town hall forum.
  • mlistermlister Member Posts: 6
    I just ordered a new F-250 XLT Super Duty 4X2 Crew Cab from local dealer. Dealer told me that order is for 2001 model, but he doesn't have MSRP yet. Don't want "sticker shock". Has anyone got a feel for the 2001 MSRP for these vehicles yet? Dealer info welcome if you are reading.
    Oh, didn't mean to forget the great folks at Edmunds. Have any of you gotten info on the MSRP for the 2001 F-250's yet?
  • woofer1woofer1 Member Posts: 2
    I ordered my f-250sd v-10 cc on june 5th and the dealer just called me and said it would go on the line July 31st. I should have it the second or third week in Aug. I am paying $100 over invoice. I talked to him and he said that the price increase would only be a couple of hundred bucks. but for those of you who choose to get one after Oct. 1st will see a big increase.
    WHERE DID YOU ORDER YOUR 2001?
    OAKRIDGE
  • woofer1woofer1 Member Posts: 2
    I bought it at Anderson Koch Ford in North Branch,MN The Salesman was Bill Young. Retail on the truck was 35026 and invoice with all the goodies was 30312
  • basecirclebasecircle Member Posts: 1
    I ordered an F250SD SC XLT v10 4x4 With standard mirrors. 500 over invoice 12/23/99 deleveried 6/27/00. Gets 12mpg, rides like a truck,and fun to drive commuting 22 miles to Cleveland each way. The problem is the standard right side mirror is flat, not convex like every other standard right side mirror.
    The standard mirrors are not adequate for the safe operation of my vehicle. The right side mirror is flat and the driver can not see enough area on the right side of the pickup to drive safely. The dealer and Ford Motor Company’s Customer Assistance Center told me “that is what Ford puts on that truck, get over it-no one else has complained.” This is a knowing disregard for my safety. I believe this is called a negligent design defect.
    I bet I can find a few opinions.
  • tbrown7tbrown7 Member Posts: 2
    I recently read that Ford has a contract for a new Navistar diesel for the next 5 years, can you give me any information regarding this? When will this new engine be available?
  • jbear87jbear87 Member Posts: 13
    I am interested in the gas mileage that you are getting with the power stroke. I will be in the market for a new truck in a about a year. I am anticipating a power stroke with the 3.73 rear end. I have always been a Ford man, and currently drive a F150 with a 302, but I am anticipating having to pull a trailer/boat occasionally. How is this engine compared to Dodge's? I also heard that Chevy struck a deal with Isuzu and will be putting out a new diesel. The stats on it is impressive.
    Thanks
  • fbroomfbroom Member Posts: 29
    I recommend you check out the Ford Superduty thread on this site. It's currently topic 1849. This issue has come up at least a couple of times. The dealer and customer service were'nt fooling ya, that's how the standard mirrors come on the Super Duty (go figure). I've heard one person ordered a right hand mirror for an Excursion (it has the convex mirror) as it is pretty much a direct bolt on replacement on the Super Duty. The excursion mirror is heated and therefore there is some wiring that you can't use, but other than that it's the same exact mirror physically. I recommend you search through the Super Duty topic as the writer provided a pretty thorough explanation of his experience. Seems Ford can put a convex mirror on the Excursion but can't put it on a Super Duty even though it's the same mirror on both vehicles (I don't get it). Another writer on the Super Duty topic indicated he took his ride to a glass shop and they installed a convex mirror in place of the flat mirror. This option was also a heck of a lot cheaper than procuring a whole new Excursion assembly. Whatever option you chose, I wish you good luck.
    Folks: Just picked up my Dealer Order Receipt Confimation (DORA) from my dealer on a F-250 Super Duty XLT with Crew Cab, 4x2. Wanted to pass along MSRP data from that sheet so that all could see.

Base MRSP = $27,035 (up $440.00 from 2000)
    7.3L Turbo Diesel = $4,720. (up $120. from 2000)
    Elec 4-spd auto trans = $1,095. (no Change)
    3.73 Ltd Slip Axle = $285. (no change)
    Cab Steps = $370. (no Change)
    Sliding Rr Window = $125. (no Change)
    Driver Pwr Seat = $290. (no Change)
    Privacy Glass = $100. (no Change)
    Keyless Entry = $170. (no Change)
    Premium Stereo w/cass/cd = NC (Down $190. from 2000)
    Power Mirrors = NC (Down $100. from 2000)

Overall, Ford has now included CD and power mirrors on the XLT packages. This is good news. MSRP increase appears to be nominal, with only changes in Base MSRP and Diesel engine.

Anyone else having additional informaiton, please let me know.
  • bohunterbohunter Member Posts: 2
    tanrat wrote he was getting between 12.6 & 15.2 mpg but how is the power? I'm looking into purchasing one myself.
    Thanks
  • hubrex2hubrex2 Member Posts: 24
    Basecircle--I am the one who posted info on replacing flat right side mirrors on the Superduty thread--just happen to be scanning this thread for the first time and saw your post. I share (or more accurately once shared) your concern about the safety of driving a vehicle as large as a SD with limited angle of view mirrors. You can indeed replace the whole assembly through Ford by ordering and Excursion replacement mirror, but it is sold as a unit with the pivoting assembly. This means you have to do some rewiring, as the Excursion mirror is heated, and it is pretty expensive--$60+, not including labor. My dealer told me about replacement glass through a glass shop. It was listed as Excursion replacement glass, and was just that--glass, no other assembly. They popped out the old flat glass, installed the new, convex glass for 28 bucks total. Small addition to the truck, BIG improvement in driving. I no longer feel blind on the interstate or when backing a trailer. Hope this helps--I can give you the glass dealer name here in Colorado, although I'm sure you'll be able to find similar products wherever you are.
This discussion has been closed.