Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Equinox Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• luv_my_noxluv_my_nox Member Posts: 14
    Purchased our New LT FWD Equinox Jan 31. MFG date: 1/05. Equipped with Sunroof and Leather. After over 5000 miles and about 6 months I am happy to report no problems. I'm impressed with the paint, build, fit and finish. It is a nice looking vehicle. Received lots of compliments. My wife loves it. I'm impressed with the ride, handling, and acceleration. Transmission is smooth and responsive. Currently getting about 20 mpg combined and 26 highway. Yes, 26mpg.
    My past GM vehicles ran 180,000 miles before selling them in VG condition.

The RAV 4 and Honda CRV looks outdated when parked next to our Equinox.
    Their spoilers looks like an after thought!

Sales are topping 17,000 Equinoxes a month!!!

"What makes it even better" Equinox problems are much less than the 2004-05 Lexus RX330. Brake Failures and Transmission problems are occurring. Equinox problems are also much less than the 2003-04 Nisson Murano's CVT transmission problems and leaks. Power steering problems. Oh, by the way, if the Murano's alternator fails, it will leave you stranded. It's been a common occurrence. Most vehicles will get you to a safe location with a failed alternator. Check it out, it's all posted at the NHTSA web site (complaints and recalls) and on Edmunds Postings
    Now, I am glad that I did not buy a Lexus RX330 or Murano.

Luv my Nox :D
  • waitinfor06ionwaitinfor06ion Member Posts: 32
    Congrats! Will keep my toes crossed for y'all. I just might take a notion, in October, to find my slot screwdriver and attack those covers or kivers as my Grandmother used to say.

Speaking of improved mileage, a poster somewhere suggested turning off the traction control each time one started one's Equinox in hopes of gaining one or two MPG.

Any thoughts about that...other than it's a pain ;)for a whole tankful!?

I didn't notice any changes in the 3K RPM needle surge on up-shifts without traction control.

J K F
  • ckeganckegan Member Posts: 2
    Well i bought by car 12/31/04! it has 10,700 miles right now.... The first 3 days went up into MASS. Well it was snowing pretty hard when my back right window would not go up!!! Had to Skip skiing to find a Chevy dealer, who pulled it up. (Very nice people!)
    Got home, went to my dealer and they had to "order the part" brought it back to have work done and sat there for 3 hours waiting for rental to find out i could not rent a car at that time... Came back to have sticker removed and window fixed.. Never removed the sticker or the big scratch on the hood it came with!!! had to being it back for the 3rd time they never offered to pay for a rental again!!!... 2 months later i got a letter from the town that i had an outstanding parking ticket from the dealer $100 They wanted me to pay for it and send them the bill!!

I have a clunking (clunk clunk clunk etc.) noise when i am stopped at a light or slowing down with the brake on...Any one have that problem?
    The dealer did not hear anything when they drove it

Have problems starting the car sometimes it turns right off!

On highway and it does not switch gears it over revs!!!!

Should have bought the Trailblazer!!!
    I get so many compliments on it but i would never recomend it or the dealer in my town.!! :mad: :lemon:
  • ckeganckegan Member Posts: 2
    It is highway robery with the equinox, The tank is sooo small for the amount of gas it burns! Especially with gas prices at $3.95 per gallon. I cant afford to go to work to make money to pay for the gas which gets me there! to make the money for the car payment as well
  • blowtorchblowtorch Member Posts: 3
    :mad: :confuse: posted my first msg on 8/31/05, my vehicle was towed 8/31/05 with 1290 miles, dealer put computer control module on vehicle, did not work, in my garage on 9/01/05 and would not start again, towed on thursday 9/01/05 to dealer would not start. will have rental car at expense of chevy from 9/02/05 to 9/6/05 or 9/7/05 because they have to order a ignition key sensor for my nox. i feel 3 strikes and your out. dealer has been very cooperative but after reading all the problems about odor it seems to me that will be my next problem. hav'nt had nox long enough to check out the ordor problem. bought it at end of july. i need some consoleing here, pls nox owners give me your opinions. thank you very much.
  • gaspoor1gaspoor1 Member Posts: 9
    Yes, I have the same clunking noise while braking. Dealer resurfaced rotors etc. but I still have the noise. I'm not convinced it's a brake noise (rotors were warped so resurface of these cheap Chinese originals was needed anyway). The problem is that it's intermittent. When ever I take it to the dealer the noise can't be duplicated. I will have to go some day straight to the dealer when it's making the noise.
  • ericb8276ericb8276 Member Posts: 7
    Anyone have the dealer invoice for the 2006 Equinox LT AWD?
    Thanks, much appreciated.
  • hackenatorhackenator Member Posts: 1
    i have a 2000 S-10 truck that had a similar issue under warranty and of course went through the same repair nightmare at the dealership. they finally found the problem to be a bad battery. it was leaking at one of the terminals which caused a corrosion build up on the battery cables. once the battery was replaced and the cables cleaned the truck has been trouble free.
    hope this might help out.
  • cschneider3cschneider3 Member Posts: 39
    I took my vehicle into the dealer to get this issue checked out. What I found out was quite interesting to me, my father (who is a mechanic and couldn't explain what was going on) and the dealership. The dealer had to call GM to get help with the issue I was experiencing, with the AC compressor running with vent set to the floor and the AC (snowflake) button not pressed it.

Most vehicles are set to have the AC turn on automatically when you have the vent turned to defrost mode. Well what we found out is that the '05 Equinox is not manufactured that way. The Equinox is set to have the AC compressor turn on automatically if the vent is set the the floor (not the defrost mode), it does not matter if you have turned the AC on or not. If you change the mode to defrost, the compressor turns off and air from outside is now coming into the car, same as if you don't have the AC on and have the vent set to face or bi-level.

The only reason this became a concern for me is because I wear contacts and having the vent set to face or bi-level mode, tends to dry my contacts out, therefore I resort to have the vent set at my feet. But not anymore, considering it automatically engages the AC compressor.

If you are experiecing the compressor turning on in defrost mode, please inform me. Thanks!
  • samandkidssamandkids Member Posts: 1
    Did you ever get any suggestions/solutions to your air conditioning turning on while the vent is towards your feet. I bought my equi about 3 months ago and noticed mine does the same thing. Annoying to say the least considering gas prices and who wants the air on when its only 80 out!?
    I'm getting ready to take mine to the dealer to discuss with them. Just thought I'd do some research first to get some answers.
    sam.
  • cschneider3cschneider3 Member Posts: 39
    No answers/suggestions were given to me from the dealership.

I have come to my own solution, of keeping the vent pointed in the defrost mode, instead of at my feet, especially on nice days when I want the windows open or air coming in from the outside. This position does not engage the AC compressor to turn on, thus helping to save on gas. Chevy decided to change this feature in the Equinox compared to their other vehicles. Most other Chevy's will engage the AC compressor (whether you have the AC on or not) while in defrost mode. This is one feature that I am annoyed with.

That is my only suggestion to you, good luck! If you come across any suggestions or any more information from your dealership, please let me know.
  • blowtorchblowtorch Member Posts: 3
    tks for your update hackenator, chevy came through for me, so far anyway, replaced entire igntion system. car so far running great, thank you for your post. any furthur developments with my nox i will certainly post to this formun.
  • sgr5516sgr5516 Member Posts: 163
    I checked the owners manual again. It says "Defogging and Defrosting - Fog or frost on the inside of windows is a result of high humidity (moisture) condensing on the cool window glass. This can be minimized if the climate control system is used properly. Use the defog mode to clear the windows of fog or moisture and warm the passengers. Use the defrost mode to remove fog or frost from the windshield more quickly. When you select either of these modes (or the floor mode which also helps defog the windows slightly), the system runs the air-conditioning compressor and cancels recirculation mode to dry the air.

I check my Nox with the hood and driver door opened and the fan speed on low. When the right mode knob is on vent or bi-level, you can turn the compressor on/off with the snowflake button. The light is on when compressor is on and light is off when compressor is off. As soon as the right knob reaches floor mode, the compressor turns on and the snowflake button is useless. You can push the snowflake button to turn the A/C light on and off, giving you the impression you are controlling the A/C compressor, but the compressor runs regardless. Defrost and Defog mode work the same. Floor, Defrost and Defog mode also cancel recirculate, but the recirculate button continues to go on or off when you push the recirculate button. The least they could have done is to force the A/C light on and Recirculate light off in floor, defrost, defog mode to match what the system is actually doing.

It appear compressor always runs by design in any mode that directs any amount of air to the windshield. I doubt any dealer can do anything about this.

If you set the mode to floor, then turn mode knob one click to left (between floor and bi-level), you can control the compressor with the snowflake button. In this setting the compressor does not run with the A/C light off and most of the air comes out of the floor. A little air comes out the dash vents and you can adjust them to direct air away from you.
  • smpt3smpt3 Member Posts: 1
    I purchased an Equinox in Jan '05. Since then has been in shop 7 times. First struts, then smell and hose changes, flush, and then no fluid with badly stained surge tank. After next flush coolant is somewhat opaque with white flakes and film on top. Dealer says it is normal, however I took a sample with a syringe from '03 Avalanche with 46,000 miles (I have 9000) and Burban with 97000. Both other samples were crystal clear. Took pictures! Now rear is making clunking sound when applying brakes which appears to be synchronous with roll of rear wheels as sound frequency decreases as wheel rotation decreases. Anyone have this problem? Have filed manufacturers defect notice with GM, but they say dealer says car is fine. Have had Gm's all my life (and I am not young!) and never had so many problems or service mgr treat me like I am an idiot because I am female! If anyone has any ideas, please reply. Thanks
  • jonoxjonox Member Posts: 100
    Does not sound as though your dealer has been effective with the coolant flushing procedure which is quite complex. See post #408 to access GM TSB listings then go down the list to find TSB# 04-06-02-010A which was issued on April 19 2005 and posted May 24 2005 as "Cooling System Underhood Odors". (I believe the original bulletin was 010 issued in December 04)
    There must have been a consignment of off spec. hoses installed sometime after initial production commenced early in 2004. Pity GM has not come clean on this and identified/recalled the VINs affected.
    The bulletin states that discoloration of the coolant is normal and is the result of sealant pellets added to the system during production, however they emphasize that sealant pellets are not to be added during the flushing repair so one could conclude that your flush has not been fully effective.
    My Nox was manufactured in March of 04. It has about the same mileage as yours and the coolant is a slightly opaque pink.
    Have not seen any prior references to rear brake pulsation although there are a number of references to front brakes rumble due to warped rotors (see post # 470). My front rotors were skimmed at 7000 miles.
    Hope this is of some help.
  • noxnonoxno Member Posts: 19
    Have you ever tried nada.com or kbb.com for invoice prices? Many sites availabe that show the dealer invoice. Remember dealer can still sell under invoice with certain incentives. I paid $1500 under invoice for my 05 nox with the employee discount plan. 2006 Chevrolet Equinox 4dr AWD LT
    New Vehicle (BASE MODEL)

Invoice Price: $22,997
    MSRP Price : $24,675
    Dealer Price: Get a Free Quote

• Price this vehicle with options
    • Compare with other vehicles
    • Select a different Chevrolet | Equinox | SUV
    Over 3000 miles, still at 15 MPG. I can hear the front brakes starting to rub, a lot of brake dust still being put off. Have seen messages getting 26 MPG, find this so hard to believe, which is why I purchased the nox. Thinking this meager 185 horse six is to small to handle a mid size, causing the consumption of more fuel. Asked the dealer if any complaints on fuel milage, of course he said no. Have all reciepts and mileage for fill-ups. Paid cash, wishing I had leased. I understand this is a SUV, the 19-26 MPG estimated fuel mileage needs to come off the sticker, more like 15-19.
    Oops! Can always look up the invoice price on the site we are on, Edmunds.com
    US Department of Energy/EPA Nox fuel economy survey results range from 15 to 21 mpg with the average Nox driver getting 18.4 mpg. (www.fueleconomy.gov)
    I drive an AWD and it's possible to get a 19+ mpg average by driving at the posted speed limit and controlling rev. surge below 3000 on the tachometer. The vehicle is very throttle sensitive, has good acceleration and will travel fast but seems to require a more conservative driving style to get close to 20 mpg.
    My previous ride, a 3.8 V6 T'bird, had about the same fuel consumption but with much better streamlining and little or no electronics controlling the engine and transmission. :)
  • wibeilwibeil Member Posts: 1
    Cruise control does not work 50% of the time. Took it to the dealer and they say nithing is broke. Bulletin from Gm says they know about thep problem and there is nothing they can do about it. They did give me an extended warranty if the cruise happens to break after my initial warranty. I told them it already does not work. We went around and around. I am reporting it to the Better Business Bureau. ANy body else have this problem?
  • user777user777 Member Posts: 3,341
    maybe you should file a complaint with the national highway transportation safety administration so others might benefit:

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/
  • vegas2626vegas2626 Member Posts: 1
    Warning-Radio problem
    I have a 05Chevy Eqiunox-The problem is the Amplifier is under passinger back seat ,bad-place. If someone spills pop or water on seat it runs down seat right in to the amp, which causes the amplifier to short out. GM should put the amplifier in the rear of the car where people will not be sitting and drinking. There are cup holders in the back seat area and it is normal to drink in an auto, but people need to be warned about the amp and where it is located.
  • jhugginsjhuggins Member Posts: 1
    I purchased my Equinox in Nov of 04 and have nothing but trouble with it. Twice it has been in the repair shop for the stench of foul odor coming from the coolant system and the sound of water running from side to side when turning. The first time in shop they replaced all coolant lines and flushed the system with this recommended cleaner by GMC and stated that they water sound was normal, but again they were wrong. I just got my vehicle out of the shop for the 2nd time for the same problem. This time they did a pressure test and stated that the heater coil had a crack and this was the problem all along. They replaced my coolant tank and flushed my system several time and stopped the water sound. I have only had my vehicle back less then 2 weeks and waiting for the next go around. I truly believe that they are grabbing a straws trying to fix this car. I really think GMC need to take a closer look at this problem and do a recall, because every day I am reading more and more about the same problem with other owners. I am truly unhappy with the Dealership that worked on my vehicle, every time I turn around somebody is not telling the truth and there stories never add up. I will be glad when something is done about this. One more time and I plan on filing a lemon law on this vehicle. Truly Unhappy in Florida
  • npgmbrnpgmbr Member Posts: 248
    GM issued a fix for the coolant problem way back in Jan or Feb possibly even Dec. Go back to your dealer and tell them there is a TSB issued for the problem and they have to follow the repair insructions exactly or it will not work. If they say it can't be done take your Nox to a differnt dealer because you may be dealing with numbskulls.
  • mike104mike104 Member Posts: 2
    I HAD THIS PROBLEM. ALSO HAD THE FRONT STRUTS REPLACED, THE FEAR END WORKED ON, THE TRANSMISSION REPROGRAMED, THE HEATER CORE REPLACED AND THE WINDSHIELD REPLACED WHEN THE DEALER BROKE IT. I CONTACTED GM AND THE DEALER AND NO ONE WANTS TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT THE IN WARRANTY REPAIRS, WHICH WILL SOON BE OUT OF WARRANTY. I TRADED IT IN YESTERDAY ON A HONDA.
  • hate_my_noxhate_my_nox Member Posts: 5
    Me and my husband had the same problem with the coolant.. We took it in during the beginning of september because our coolant was a thick black mucky color and had mold in it.. Well needless to say the problem has come back :mad: , but not only that now we have smoke coming into the cabin from the AC vents, and when you turn the car makes a horrible squealing sound, and our driver window kinda whistles when you put it down.. This car is starting to be more of a pain than a pleasure and for 32 thousand dollars I didn't expect to get a crappy car :lemon: i am about to either trade it in or if they don't file a lemon law suit, if anyone else has had this problem please let me know
  • m4825m4825 Member Posts: 11
    Dexcool with mold? That's a new one..... 32K for a nox????

I have had my fully loaded LT nox ( a lot less than $32K) for over a year now and other than the coolant issue- for which there is a permanent fix. I have had no other real problems.

I wonder how many of these postings are from ACTUAL owners of an Equinox?
  • npgmbrnpgmbr Member Posts: 248
    Read post #582.

In regards to the other problems, im not sure. But its surely under warranty. Tell the service people to be thorough in their repair job.
  • jim_dandyjim_dandy Member Posts: 94
    Yeah sure, mold in antifreeze and $32K price tag.
    The last "Hit and Run" was reporting total vehicle break down with no facts or information to back it up.
    I wouldn't waste my time with them other than to expose them as il-legit and disturbing the peace.
    I guess that what happens when a new GM product comes out to rival the competition.
    My wife and I totally love our Nox and would buy another one.
    Nox On!
  • 1st_chevy1st_chevy Member Posts: 1
    Hello CRG

I know that it is 1 year after this note was posted,,, is there anyone else that has had problems with the battery.
    My battery is draining often and the source cant be found. I have to use a battery pack 8 out of 10 times to start my car.

If anyone has any thoughts please post it for me.
    What is a BCM?
    Had a similar problem with my Tbird when battery used to lose its charge overnight. Problem was corrected by replacing the alternator. :)
    BCM stands for Body Control Module.
    It is one of several computer/control system in a modern vehicle.
    Believe it or not there is also a BPCM. That is a Battery Pack Control Module.
    A reputable dealer repair shop can isolate this abnormal parasitic battery drain.
    The more information you can give a service tech. about its occurance the easier it is for him to solve the problem. Hope that helps.
  • endangeredendangered Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2005 Equinox that is 5 months old and has only 2000 miles. Why so little you ask, its because we cannot take car on highway. Shortly after driving for only 2 months our brand new equinox shuts down while driving 60 miles/hour on the highway. It does this whenever it feels like it, not all the time. The symptoms are the car just stops, it feels like when I press on the gas, the tank is empty, its does nothing. No lights on dash come on, NOTHING. The RPM needle goes up and down between 2 and 3 as I press on gas but car does not respond. When I pull over, I restart the car and drive on as if nothing happens. So before I get rear ended and killed does anyone have any idea what is wrong, as my dealer cannot find the problem as when the car is in their hands it does not do this problem. Thanks for any ideas as I am about to dump this lemon if I cannot find problem soon.
    :shades:
    That was an INSANE message, I paid $9,000 less for a fully loaded AWD LT. But, you are one of the few without any problems with your nox. It's to bad as this is a great looking SUV that turns heads. I'm at 4,000 miles, been in the shop two days now with a transmission leak. They have seen the fluid on the transaxle, cleaned it off but can't find the origin of the leak. My leather seats rub so badly against the door handle you have to leave the door open to move them forward. GM Rep has complied with the problem, extended the warranty on the seats as long as I own the vehicle, no fix available, they even sent it to an outside upholstery shop. You know well of all the blind spots, seats are just fitted to low. I'm 6' hard to even reach up to an ATM machine from inside. Poor fuel consumption, only 15-18 MPG. I have receipts and a beautiful spreadsheet documenting fuel consumption. Takes 3-4,000 RPM's before down shifting, hopefully taken care of while figuring out the transmission leak. Be quite careful when setting the parking brake, make sure your daughter doesn't open the cup holder while the parking brake is set, almost busted the cup holder trying to lower the parking brake that was jammed in the cup holder. Was quite surprised when I was unable to crawl under the vehicle to check on the fluid leak. Not obese, skinny as a broom. AWD, 17" tires, looks like I'll be driving on even surfaces only. Been a loyal GM driver for 30 years, love my 95 Silverado, notta one problem. Paid cash for my nox, BIG MISTAKE. Have a nice nox day!
    yes our nox cost us 32000 that's because we leased it.. And yes there was mold in the antifreeze, the dealer said there was bacteria growing in it. I'm not lying and i don't appreciate being called a liar.. And i'm not a hit and run blogger, it's called i have two kids and a life so i have better things to do than be on the computer all day.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Please try to avoid any kind of name-calling or arguing. Take a breath and thank you!

MrShiftright
    Host
    Sorry you took my message that way, as I was replying to another message that had made reference to your initial message! As you can see I'm not happy at all with my Nox. It was probably mistaken as you explained it from a layman's point of view, and quite obvious we have some more mechanically inclined individuals here, which is all good!
    It's good to see we have an umpire here, but if you would like to hear some name-calling or arguing you should have been at my sixteen year olds softball game last week, UNREAL! Thanks for the Host, have recieved a lot of helpful info here.
    Sorry about the snitty attitude. I did not mean to snap at anyone. It's just being a military wife with two young children having a car that wants to keep having problems isn't exactly what i wanted or need.. I am taking my car back in this week because the check engine light keeps wanting to come on when ever it pleases. And the smoke i was saying was coming out of the AC was due to a defective hose, which they fixed after i had to schedule an appointment to make sure they got to it that day. Ohh and i recently discovered that if you drive through more than 3 inches of water, that the ABS and E brake light come on, but will eventually go off. Other than the problems i like it, it's comfortable, and i like the fact that the back seat is able to slide forward or back, and the little table in the back so you can have to levels of storage.
    The snitty is okay understanding the frustration of a NOX owner. I once again just picked up my nox for a fluid leak. I have the paper towels that shows the bright red fluid that was leaking, they confirmed yep that's transmision fluid. After two days of testing and a tank of gas they never refilled, could not come up with an answer, as this is a sealed component, they had also seen the fluid from two bolt areas on the transaxle but after cleaning they could not find the source. At least once again another documented problem. Last week driving down the highway a very strong gas odor appeared, had the family very scared. I pulled over they stayed a safe distance away. Checked under the hood, and rear and could smell the gas from the back drivers side, but no gas leaks. Waited for the vehicle to cool down and continued on with no more gas odor, crazy. I'll bet my title and deed on the house that we are going to see recalls on this vehicle. To bad as it is a fun and good looking vehicle to drive. Good luck!
    I haven't had problems with the transmission. The newest things of weird smells that i can add to my list, is we just took it in to get an oil change and now if u turn the heater on you smell a mild smell of burning oil.. And your right it is a nice car to look at, the only thing i am mad about is we had our back bumper replaced because my husband was in an accident and got rearended, it's the hard black ones instead of the body color, and there are specks through out it that no matter how much we wash it won't go away. And another thing i am having a problem with, is the seats. I have two very young children a 2 year old and a 7 month old, well my two year old spills his drinks on the seats ( we opted for the clothe seats, as car seats will ruin the leather), and I have no clue what to use to get the juice stains out. if anyone has any ideas i'd appreciate. Also i was wondering if anyone has had any problems with the radio getting hot, i noticed yesterday about after 2 hours the radio started to get a little warm so i had to turn it off..
  • mbqiiimbqiii Member Posts: 2
    TO ALL:
    I would like to share my experience with this piece of junk......
    First of all, please read my message #268 in this forum. I posted this message last Jan, 06 2005. The said message was a copy of my letter to GM, stating my disappointment and complaint about this not so impressive vehicle or shall we call it a piece of junk metal (sorry for those who love this vehicle so much, I once loved this vehicle also)...
    This is how my story goes, I bought my NOX last Nov. 2004 after one month I heard a knocking noise on my steering wheel (that is why I had a letter to GM Last Jan. 2005), to address this problem my dealer replaced my steering column free of charge because of the warranty of course. Two days later my AIR BAG, HORN, and CRUISE CONTROL malfunctioned. Again, the dealer found out the problem by replacing the steering coil (this is still with my first letter with GM). I thought the problem would end up.
    However after three months, I heard a knocking noise on my left wheel. My dealer said the problem was with the left strut and shaft. So, my dealer replaced it again free of charge. But after replacing it the problem still existed, a knocking noise on my left wheel continues. And for this reason I wrote another letter demanding for a buy back with GM. I made five letters to GM citing all the provisions of the LEMON LAW of OHIO and the MAGNUSON-MOSS WARRANTY ACT, but the customer representative in DETROIT who was in charge with my situation just said to me that he cannot discussed legal matters with me because all legalities were channeled to their legal department (of course). Instead I was advised to file a case with BBB Auto Line, but because I had some doubts representing myself to BBB Auto Line I consulted a very good lawyer a friend of mine asking to represent me instead.
    Since we had a good case, we never went into trial. Instead GM offered a settlement by paying the loan that I had and returning all the money we paid like the down payment and the monthly payment we had.
    And now, I am very happy with my TOYOTA 2005 4RUNNER. Goodbye JUNKYNOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This is good for you. Two more attempts at solving the transaxle leak along with all other documented problems I will be covered under the California Lemon Law. As before stated to bad as I've been a loyal GM driver for 30 yrs, never any problems as this and only at 4,000 miles. The ODOR issue is also covered under the Lemon Law. One positive note is that my GM service department has been very professional while trying to correct these issues, even bringing in the GM Rep at one point, still waiting for compensation on all the gallons of fuel used during testing.
  • shell910shell910 Member Posts: 1
    I have had my Equinox since May 04 and have (don't croak) 36,400 miles on it. I have just found out that I have to have the differential replaced again. And since I am 400 miles over the normal warranty that I have to pay the deductible for the extended warranty. I am also on my 3rd radio and they are telling me that the 6 disc changers are huge issue for GM (including Tahao) and once I found a half way decent radio to just deal with it. While I knew I took a chance with a first year model that there would be issues, but the radio is not a new invention to this car and should be dealt with. Also, I have not been impressed with GM Customer service or their attitude to issues that I have had. I can tell you this is the last GM product I will ever own and will go back foreign.
  • worry2muchworry2much Member Posts: 14
    Yes, the dreaded 6 disc changer ate my favorite CD. It took 6 weeks to get my CD back (I have not picked it up yet from the dealer so I have no idea what condition it is in). Dealer was not please with my regular calls as to the status of the return of the CD. So far no probems with the new one but the original "died" after 6 months. Wonder when the next one will go....
  • dooeydooey Member Posts: 2
    I bought an Equinox in May and from day one I have heard a thumping noise from what appears to be somewhere in the back end. It has progressively gotten worse so I brought it in to the garage today and they of course didn't hear anything. It is a thump thump thump (always in 3's) and only does it when I come to a stop when initially starting the car. I'll leave it in the garage at work all day and when getting back in usually the same scenario happens. It doesn't seem to do it however, if say I drive to work and then go back out an hour or so later. It needs to sit for a few hours or over night. Does anyone have any ideas what this could be? The garage checked my vehicle from head to toe and said everything looks fine, but it's making me nervous because it's obviously coming from somewhere.
  • 05equ05equ Member Posts: 1
    I just took my car in for the same noise. They told me that the sound is from the perging cyllanoid (sorryabout the spelling) which lets excess air out of the system.
  • dooeydooey Member Posts: 2
    Is there anything that can be done about this or is it something we have to live with? Of course I picked it up Friday and it was fine, but Sat. I heard it again.
  • areseaaresea Member Posts: 1
    i have the same problem with rain water in the spare tire well. dealer says he has never heard of such a thing.
    where is this coming from and how is it remedied?